PDA

View Full Version : The Dead Next Door

Scissorhands
10-12-2004, 04:50 AM
http://www.deadnextdoor.com/main_gui/zombieface.jpg

Anyone see this one yet? I've been waiting to come across a copy of it at a video rental store.. but I have yet to find a copy. Anchor Bay is planning on releasing it by next year on DVD.. so that is good news. Here's a bit of a story to know what its about..

Fangoria called it "The A-Team vs. the Zombies". A scientist has developed the ultimate virus, one that reanimates the dead and drives them on an undying quest for human flesh. Zombie among humans, living in peace... I don't think so. But there is a cool scene of human protestors (those fighting for Zombie Rights) being attacked by the zombies. The government is forced to organize a crack team of soldiers called "The Zombie Squad" charged with seeking out a cure for the virus and eliminating all the undead. The team is sent out on a mission into Akron, Ohio, where the virus originated, in search of the lost notes of the doctor who created it.

"On their mission the squad not only encounters zombies, but also a religious cult bent on preparing this world for its inevitable takeover by the undead. In the words of Reverend Jones, the leader of the cult,"We are protecting our dead from you people! If it is God's wish to destroy us with our own kind, then so be it!" Dr. Moulsson and his his assistant Franklin, along with the squad, think they have come up with a cure for this deadly virus, or have they?? There are a lot of neat twists and turns along the way, a good amount of gore, and an ending that will surprise you. Will the squad be successful on their mission, does the anecdote work, or are we doomed to be annihilated by our undead friends? I won't say. Pick up a copy of "The Dead Next Door" or else you may be the main course."

They have an official website now with a quicktime trailer you can watch.. it looks pretty good. :)

http://www.deadnextdoor.com/

Chomp_on_this
10-13-2004, 07:32 PM
This movie is pretty good. Not very original by any means, but alright. Its cool how the names of characters are those of well known people from the horror biz. such as Raimi, Savini, and Carpenter. My favorite scene is probably when the zombies overrun the dump in Ohio. I thought it was directed fairly well.

You gotta love Bruce Campbell supplying the voice for one of the lead zombies...lol.

This probably one of the better Romero-ripoffs to have been released. I enjoyed it.

Scissorhands
10-14-2004, 06:46 AM
How did you manage to see it? Did you find a used copy or something?

Chomp_on_this
10-14-2004, 07:21 AM
I aquired a VHS rip on WinMX...Fairly descent quality.

Scissorhands
10-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
I aquired a VHS rip on WinMX...Fairly descent quality.

Cool.. I got Limewire.. I'll check it out and see if I can find anything. I hate watching movies on my computer though.. the speakers suck. :)

Chomp_on_this
10-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Scissorhands
Cool.. I got Limewire.. I'll check it out and see if I can find anything. I hate watching movies on my computer though.. the speakers suck. :)

Yea, that was the only down fall. I didnt want to waste a CD-R making a shitty quality SVCD of a VHS rip. So, I just pulled over the big cumfy chair, and grabbed a bag of popcorn and a soda, and away I went...LoL. It wasnt too bad.

Scissorhands
10-14-2004, 07:49 AM
I tried and got no results.. its no big deal really. I can wait till 2005 to see it.. its just cool to think there is an old zombie gore flick that I haven't seen. :)

Creepingmouth
10-14-2004, 11:43 AM
I'm gonna see that movie,it sounds funny

Chomp_on_this
10-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Creepingmouth
I'm gonna see that movie,it sounds funny

I believe there are Uncut Region 2 DVDs floating around out there.

ten31
10-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Jr Bookwater has had both the video and DVD for sale for a few years. Check out www.tempevideo.com . Right now I think all that is available is the VHS version.

Creepingmouth
10-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
I believe there are Uncut Region 2 DVDs floating around out there.

I have to check it out then