PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine

mr32
11-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Screen Gems(Sony) Quarantine
Plot Summary:
In "Quarantine", a downtown L.A. apartment building is quarantined after a myserious deadly and highly contagious strain of rabies breaks out. A reporter and her cameraman are among those trapped inside. "Quarantine" is a remake of Spainsh-language horror film "Rec".

Directed by John Erick Dowdle
Penn by John Erick Dowdle and Drew Dowdle

Cast: Columbus Short, Jay Hernandez, Jennifer Carpenter, Steve Harris, Jonathan Schaech.

Release Date: Oct 17, 2008

mr32
10-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Damn i guess no one is looking forward to this film.\

sharkboy
10-03-2008, 01:39 AM
I am very much so....I love the whole handheld thing, it never seemed to bug me, besides, not much else in the line of horror coming out of late

Ike Carr
10-04-2008, 07:33 AM
A clip entitled, "A Way Out." (http://www.joblo.com/video/arrow/player.php?video=quarantineclip3)

duhderrick
10-06-2008, 06:15 AM
This was a remake of an italian film that came out like last year right?

it looks really good, but i think they're riding on the coat tails of Cloverfield.

Psych0ticNemes1s
10-06-2008, 06:32 AM
Yea, the only reason I'm interested in this movie is because I like this type of film... an apocalypse movie where the audience really isn't sure what is out there. The Mist is one of the better films of this genre that I have seen recently, along with The Happening.

zombie commando
10-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Yea, the only reason I'm interested in this movie is because I like this type of film... an apocalypse movie where the audience really isn't sure what is out there. The Mist is one of the better films of this genre that I have seen recently, along with The Happening.

I don't think this will be very high scale in terms of the whole world in peril. It looks like it takes place entirely inside one apartment building. Maybe at the end the virus escapes and endangers people outside of the place.....

Chomp_on_this
10-08-2008, 04:46 PM

Its from Spain and its called [Rec]. It will be a year in November.

I don't think this will be very high scale in terms of the whole world in peril. It looks like it takes place entirely inside one apartment building. Maybe at the end the virus escapes and endangers people outside of the place.....

Yea...I'm pretty sure it does...[Rec] does anyway. They get barricaded and locked inside. There isn't even any indication that perhaps the virus escapes the apartment complex...not even at the end. It just ends.

Any inklings of me seeing Quarantine have gone out through the window though. [Rec] was a big let down for me (although I did enjoy it more than Diary of the Dead), so I don't see the point in wasting my time.

Captain Mal
10-08-2008, 04:50 PM

it looks really good, but i think they're riding on the coat tails of Cloverfield.

It's a remake of a Spanish film. This won't be anywhere near as good...

It's Neal
10-08-2008, 05:07 PM
It looks like your typical zombie flick. Its got the sister from Dexter in it though.

hallobabe25
10-08-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm very much looking forward to seeing this. I'm going in with an open mind and hope it turns out to be a good movie and not just another piece of crap like a lot of the horror movies that have come out recently have been. I did like "The Happening" alot though.

nwiser
10-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Is it just me, or does the trailer for this make it seem like a bit of a knockoff from RE and RE:Apocalypse?

Psych0ticNemes1s
10-09-2008, 07:47 AM

I hope you're wrong but from the looks of it, you're absolutely right. Oh well.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this. I'm going in with an open mind and hope it turns out to be a good movie and not just another piece of crap like a lot of the horror movies that have come out recently have been. I did like "The Happening" alot though.

I liked The Happening as well, although it is getting easier and easier to see the "twist" in his movies.

Is it just me, or does the trailer for this make it seem like a bit of a knockoff from RE and RE:Apocalypse?

There have been more rip offs than just this film, lol.

WhiteZombie
10-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Ehhhhh. Cant say horrors got much fuckin comming in October which is lame. Im mostly pumped for the Zombie walk this year (showing 2 unknown Zombies flicks), Friday remake is Feb, and Wolfman remake in I think November?. So I guess I'll be seeing this, give it a shot.

duhderrick
10-10-2008, 08:04 PM
I just got back from seeing this. I thought that it was pretty good. Jennifer Carpenter was great as always. Made me jump a lot. My only complaint is that the previews showed you the ending.

Larnixva
10-11-2008, 08:13 PM
I just got back from the movie. I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen [Rec], so I don't know how it compares to that. I really liked the atmosphere of the movie. The idea was pretty interesting and it makes me want to see [Rec], but it makes you wonder how the film made it out of the building if everyone died. Hmm....

Hallowone
10-12-2008, 05:53 AM
Saw it last night. Some good scares. The story just didn't seem there to me.

duhderrick
10-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Saw it last night. Some good scares. The story just didn't seem there to me.

I know what you mean. However, I think that theres a lot that you just had to put together yourself.

Torgo
10-12-2008, 04:54 PM
This handheld shit is the the new annoying horror trend for me. First Japanese remakes and now this. I can't stand the hand held genre and I hope it goes away soon. I'll never see this. The last two hand held movies I watched (Cloverfield, Diary of the Dead) made me want to toss my cookies.

duhderrick
10-12-2008, 06:08 PM
This handheld shit is the the new annoying horror trend for me. First Japanese remakes and now this. I can't stand the hand held genre and I hope it goes away soon. I'll never see this. The last two hand held movies I watched (Cloverfield, Diary of the Dead) made me want to toss my cookies.

Aw thats a shame. I think the hand held style makes the films more creepy. Too bad you don't like it.

Hallowone
10-13-2008, 01:34 PM
I didn't mind it in Diary of the Dead but it seemed to be more of a distraction in this and Cloverfield. It's hard to explain. There were things I wanted to focus on and the camera wouldn't let me. Maybe that's the point.

Brimstone
10-13-2008, 01:39 PM
I want to see this but I think I may wait until its on DVD and hopefully by then .REC will be out on DVD here too so I can watch both.

duhderrick
10-13-2008, 01:43 PM
I want to see this but I think I may wait until its on DVD and hopefully by then .REC will be out on DVD here too so I can watch both.

Quarantine seems to be basically shot for shot.

Brimstone
10-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Quarantine seems to be basically shot for shot.

I still wouldn't mind seeing both.

mr32
10-13-2008, 10:49 PM
It was good, but i like [Rec] a little better its more tense.

Icebreaker_8605
10-15-2008, 08:27 AM
I went to see it. It was entertaining, yes, (w/ the exception of this annoying girl who inappropriately was laughing at everything during the movie)....but it was too much Blair Witch mixed with 28 Days Later. And it didn't explain too much, for example, the newspaper clippings they saw was not even readable for the audience.

WhiteZombie
10-15-2008, 06:51 PM
I liked it. Some parts I actually found pretty eerie, like seeing the military sealing them the fuck in, It got me thinking what it would be like if it happend.

Slapshot
10-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Everybody LOST it in my theater when the firefighter fell down the stairwell and went "splat"!

Five by Five
10-16-2008, 12:12 PM
I saw this the other night and I really liked it. I like the hand held camera concept but I hope the whole genre of horror films doesnt fall victim to it.

I would have to agree about the firefighter falling down the stairwell. That really scared the shit out of me.

Although the part where they go into the room with the newspaper clippings. It wasnt explained and it was hard to read the headlines. So we are supposed to assume that they were developing a Virus for this cult that whoever owned the room was involved in and he was testing it on this woman who was hiding in the attic?

Stage 3
10-16-2008, 02:22 PM
i haven't seen the movie yet but am interested though. but the one thing i don't like is the handheld camera shoots. i get dizzy if my eyes are looking everywhere. i would be like, what the hell was that? did you see that?

Frazetta
10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
I saw this last Sunday & loved it. I was worried about the handheld camera being a distraction but I ended up thinking it was a great addition to the overall creepy feeling of the film.

Five by Five
10-16-2008, 03:27 PM
It did add to the creepiness. I agree.

srf nz
09-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Just saw this earlier tonight. Very, very good. A few scenes really got my heart pumping. I loved how the apartment complex just turned into this house of horrors, with something terrible behind every door.

I've just gotten the original, so I'm going to watch that next. Looks to be even better than the remake.