PDA

View Full Version : Dead Alive

Maxvayne
10-11-2004, 07:21 PM
This Zombie/Comedy movie was directed by Peter Jakson of the Lord of The Rings fame if you didn't know. I first rented this with a friend and heard it was a great movie. Sad to say it bored me to tears and I couldn't finish the movie. I didn't even get to the gorey half.

I watched it a second time all the way through and liked it more.Thought it was funny, but it was no Bad Taste. Now that movie was classic cheese. The DVD is uncut. Any thoughts?

Scissorhands
10-12-2004, 04:34 AM
The lawnmower scene is ridiculous. :)

When I was in my early years of high school.. this was the movie that everyone had seen and talked about. It has its funny moments.. but like Max said.. it was no Bad Taste.. and its really only good to see it uncut, the edited version sucks.

myersman88
10-13-2004, 02:40 PM
- Your Mother Ate My Dog
- Not All Of It.

Classic

Mr.Garrett81
10-14-2004, 12:31 AM
GREAT MOVIE!!! Love it from start to finish. I love the dinner scene where the mothers yelling out " ANUAL MEETING!"

Mr.Garrett81
10-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Maxvayne
This Zombie/Comedy movie was directed by Peter Jakson of the Lord of The Rings fame if you didn't know. I first rented this with a friend and heard it was a great movie. Sad to say it bored me to tears and I couldn't finish the movie. I didn't even get to the gorey half.

I watched it a second time all the way through and liked it more.Thought it was funny, but it was no Bad Taste. Now that movie was classic cheese. The DVD is uncut. Any thoughts?

Hopefully you watched the directors cut and not the edited version. Directors cut is MUCh MUCH better.

Maxvayne
10-14-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Garrett81
Hopefully you watched the directors cut and not the edited version. Directors cut is MUCh MUCH better.

Yeah I watch the directors cut. And it has the same early parts that the uncut parts had and still was boring.

I'm sort of fond of it now though.

zombie commando
10-14-2004, 01:59 PM
The cut version has so many classic parts missing that it really isn't the same as the true uncut version. I think there is a version out there that's calling itself uncut, but it really doesn't have all the scenes in it.

This movie is just all about the splatter. If you missed the second half you really missed some of the best parts of this flick. In no way shape or form should you ever take this movie serious.....

Maxvayne
10-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando

This movie is just all about the splatter. If you missed the second half you really missed some of the best parts of this flick. In no way shape or form should you ever take this movie serious.....

I never did think of this movie serious. I heard how much gore it had. just couldn't really stand all the talking for the first part.

The film now fly's as an ok on my radar.

Jinxed
10-26-2004, 07:09 AM
Hail hail to this classic flick. Man I laugh so damn hard every time I pop in this mama jama. So many unforgettable quotes and splatter scenes, check it out NOW!

It's Neal
10-26-2004, 07:19 AM
Hmm, not big on old zombie movies due to cheese factor but it sounds as though you all like this movie. How old is it?

Bucky-lives
10-27-2004, 03:22 AM
this movie rocks lol it reminds me of deadtime stories because of the comedy factor. but in no way am i trying to say deadtime stories is any way as good.

Chomp_on_this
11-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by NCamp
Hmm, not big on old zombie movies due to cheese factor but it sounds as though you all like this movie. How old is it?

It was made in 1992, by Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson. This was probably the first "foreign" film that I ever saw. Right from the begining I thought I was going to hate it. 30min into the movie I couldnt stop laughing and cheering...I was having just a blast. Its such a great movie.

Now the "true" uncut version of the film...I am gonna guess that I dont own it since I nabbed it from Best Buy...is the true uncut version something I have to nab on Ebay or some other Internet related DVD selling site?

zombie commando
11-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
It was made in 1992, by Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson. This was probably the first "foreign" film that I ever saw. Right from the begining I thought I was going to hate it. 30min into the movie I couldnt stop laughing and cheering...I was having just a blast. Its such a great movie.

Now the "true" uncut version of the film...I am gonna guess that I dont own it since I nabbed it from Best Buy...is the true uncut version something I have to nab on Ebay or some other Internet related DVD selling site?

Nah......it goes under the name of......of.....it's escaping me at the moment, but it has a different name and cover to it. I know I've seen it in several stores.

Blackesteyes
11-09-2004, 04:03 AM
Braindead? Thats what its called in the UK

Ravenheart
01-09-2005, 05:58 AM
I won a copy of the 97 minute version off Ebay earlier this morning and I'm looking forward to getting it because I've never seen it before.I remember seeing a clip of it on something.I'm not entirely sure but I think it might have been in one of the documentaries in the Ultimate Dawn set.

Icebreaker_8605
10-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Ha, this movie's hilarious. Dead Alive aka Braindead is a funny zombie comedy flick that just seems meant to be crazy and terrible. Like mentioned, I doubt it was meant to be a serious zombie flick. Lionel Cosgrove was such a mama's boy,huh? His character was so comedic as he was portrayed to be the timid hero of the film.

But yea, it appears to be one of those little known flicks that are brushed away.

Khan
10-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I love this movie!

wyatt s
10-05-2007, 09:49 PM
I was watching this movie recently, after not having seen it for a very long time, and I have to say that I'm actually more bored by it than anything else. I'm just not that massive of a slapstick fan, and this film is slapstick at it's purest. Though the final 20 minutes to a half an hour is pure genius

ThornMember83
10-06-2007, 05:19 AM
First time i seen this was a few yrs back with my brother. I thought the start of the movie was boring. Once the action kicked in I was like wow lol, for sure of the most gory flims I have ever seen.