PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 4+5 special edition tin sets

Trickster
10-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Can anyone tell me what is included in the special edition tin sets for H4 +H5 - I believe they were issued on R1 by Anchor Bay although have not come across any....

MichaelMyers
10-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Trickster
Can anyone tell me what is included in the special edition tin sets for H4 +H5 - I believe they were issued on R1 by Anchor Bay although have not come across any....
They include the same DVD's as you find by themselves, a small booklet, and they come in tins. Thats about it.

Superman
10-11-2004, 11:53 AM
H4 tin:

Product Information

Features:
Halloween 4 "Final Cut", An all-new 17 minute documentary produced and directed by Mark Cerulli
Theatrical Trailer
Full Color 5"x 7" Booklet

Video: Widescreen 1.85:1 Color (Anamorphic)

Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital 5.1 [CC]

Subtitles: [None]

Release Date: 10-9-2001

H5 tin:

DVD Features:
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
Limited Edition - 15,000 copies

Individually numbered and packaged in a collectible container

Inside Halloween 5 documentary featuring rare, behind-the-scenes footage, a cut scene, and interviews with Danielle Harris, Ellie Cornell, Executive producer Moustapha Akkad, cinematographer Rob Draper, and Don Shanks (Michael Myers)

Introduction by Danielle Harris and Ellie Cornell

5" X 7" Theatrical poster replica

Jenn
10-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Damn Superman, you beat me to it, I was just putting that very same info together :p

FYI Trickster, the H5 tin is defintiely the better of the two, if you enjoy that sequel I say keep searching...copies will show up soon enough. ;)

Superman
10-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Jenn
Damn Superman, you beat me to it, I was just putting that very same info together :p

FYI Trickster, the H5 tin is defintiely the better of the two, if you enjoy that sequel I say keep searching...copies will show up soon enough. ;) You can post it again to see if I missed anything. lol

MyersFan927
10-11-2004, 03:26 PM
I want these tins really badly, when they came out I wasn't a serious collector and turned them down, not knowing they were limited edition. If I could choose one it would be Halloween 5. Eventually I'll be able to save enough money to get a copy of each on BestBuy.com, they're definately excellent additions to any DVD collection of Halloween.

MichaelMyers
10-11-2004, 03:28 PM
If anyone wants to sell them, I would consider buying them, depending on the price.

MichaelMyers
10-11-2004, 03:28 PM
I really want both tins too. I saw 4 at Best Buy but chose to just get the regular DVD instead. One of the worst decisions I ever made. I never saw 5 there before though.

MinioN
10-11-2004, 03:34 PM
I picked up both tins and had the H5 autographed by Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris and the H4 one autographed by Ellie Cornell---they are def cool and worth picking up if you come across them---tho I would have liked to have seen more come with them, Im still very much content.

MyersFan927
10-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Let me ask you guys a question - if I bought them, do you think I should open them?

MinioN
10-11-2004, 03:39 PM
I opened mine, tho thats because my Halloween collection is simply for myself--with no plans to sell them or anything. If I came across another tin, I might buy them and keep them sealed but I would rather enjoy the stuff then not.

MrTaft
10-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Mine were already opened when I bought that, but had they not been, I don't think I would have. At least not the H4 one. The H5 one I might have been too tempted to look at the photo book! ;)

Axle
10-12-2004, 12:00 AM
i got mine for $50 Australian... its a bit much for a dvd, but it was there and i had 2 have it. wats would be the normal price?

MinioN
10-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Well, I got mine for $20-$25US, tho that was when they were first released.

MrTaft
10-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Axle, I think that's a pretty fair price for it since it was never released down here. Pretty soon they're going to be worth US$50 and more, so you got a good bargain there. ;)

Trickster
10-12-2004, 08:04 AM
I`m going to a film fair in manchester on 30/10/04 - gonna see if I can get hold of them....

myers2004
10-13-2004, 12:44 PM
try there they were able to special order me one and it only cost me like 40$ they cant get part 5 though

MyersFan927
10-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by myers2004
try there they were able to special order me one and it only cost me like 40$ they cant get part 5 though

Sam Goody is a rip-off. I know a website where you can get H4 for $24 plus shipping and handling.

MichaelMyers
10-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Sam Goody is a rip-off. I know a website where you can get H4 for $24 plus shipping and handling.
Can you post the website please?

Silverpsycho
10-15-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Let me ask you guys a question - if I bought them, do you think I should open them?

If you already own the films, then maybe not...but my dvd collection is for me and I have opened every HalloweeN dvd I have purchased...even the rereleases. I mean what enjoyment would you get out of them sealed? I only do that with the figures and dolls. So rip em open if you find them...and enjoy ;)

The only disappointment is that the two dvds inside of the tins come in really super cheap-o cd cases! I wish they had been put into the regular dvd snap cases with cover art. The cd case is just so...ugh. But I do enjoy the booklet included with the one.

I remember when I had asked for the #5 tin for X-mas awhile back and my dad picked up the one w/out (and our Best Buy store had only 1 tin left! w/ a bunch of regulars) I made my poor dad go get me the one with the tin...success! :D My dad is awesome! :D

myers2004
10-15-2004, 05:50 AM
all i saw was that it was asked where to find one and so i gave the place i got mine. they are getting alot higher on thier prices but if oyu want it bad enough as i did you will pay most any price.