PDA

View Full Version : 2 Movies Instead of 1?

Myers Insurance
09-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Do you guys think that this movie should've been 2 movies - 1 for the prequel part, and 1 for the remake. I think that, or the movie should've been at least a half an hour longer.

nwiser
09-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Do you guys think that this movie should've been 2 movies - 1 for the prequel part, and 1 for the remake. I think that, or the movie should've been at least a half an hour longer.

Absolutely it should have been split into two movies. RZ could have still filmed it all at the same time but then just released them a few months or more apart. (Didnt they do something like that with the Lord of the Rings trilogy?) With the target audience being the MTV crowd, I dont think extending the movie length would have been feasible, as they'd probably get too antsy sitting there much longer.

Latin Razkal
09-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Absolutely it should have been split into two movies. RZ could have still filmed it all at the same time but then just released them a few months or more apart. (Didnt they do something like that with the Lord of the Rings trilogy?) With the target audience being the MTV crowd, I dont think extending the movie length would have been feasible, as they'd probably get too antsy sitting there much longer.

Tha sounds good but how would the first one have ended? The mother shooting herself then part 2 would have started with his escape? dunno just my 2 cents but I know Zombie could've pulled it off if he wanted to

TheShape 10/31
09-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Tha sounds good but how would the first one have ended? The mother shooting herself then part 2 would have started with his escape? dunno just my 2 cents but I know Zombie could've pulled it off if he wanted to

The 1st movie would have ended with Michael escaping from Smith's Grove and Dr. Loomis finding out and having an "OH SH*T" face....fade to black with the John Carpenter theme music. Then Zombie could have remade the original the way he wanted and actually have developed the characters of Lorie, her friends, and family.

Latin Razkal
09-07-2007, 03:17 PM
The 1st movie would have ended with Michael escaping from Smith's Grove and Dr. Loomis finding out and having an "OH SH*T" face....fade to black with the John Carpenter theme music. Then Zombie could have remade the original the way he wanted and actually have developed the characters of Lorie, her friends, and family.

Great Idea I would've liked to see that myself

ragethorn
09-07-2007, 05:00 PM

Look how bad Grindhouse did and that was actually an AWESOME movie. Halloween would've made less money and never made #1.

mmyers78
09-08-2007, 04:16 AM
no, i like it how it is now

Fiberawptic
09-08-2007, 09:24 AM
I actually think it would be best to leave it the way it is and add a bit more to it. Look at the texas chainsaw remakes. They did a prequel as a seperate movie and it did poorly. It could happen to RZs movie so no, i think just as one movie its fine, plus it adds more to the movie...

renee30152
09-08-2007, 10:52 AM
I agree. The first half should be the first movie until the point where he escapes and then the second should be the second movie. Or they could have made the movie a lot longer.

Khan
09-08-2007, 10:55 AM
If the movie was just structured better, it would have been fine.

renee30152
09-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Structures better? Like how?
BTW, I agree, but am just curious at your answer. :D

Khan
09-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Some scenes could have been shortened and some scenes could have been expanded upon.

For example, when Michael spends at least five minutes playing demolition man with Laurie, that could have been cut in half.

MichaelMyers04
09-08-2007, 12:16 PM
If the movie was just structured better, it would have been fine.

Some scenes could have been shortened and some scenes could have been expanded upon.

For example, when Michael spends at least five minutes playing demolition man with Laurie, that could have been cut in half.

I agree with you. Even his escape from the asylum seemed to drag on (including Ismael's death). If those (among other) scenes were cut down, then they could have given more time to the 3rd act, and it wouldn't require splitting the two movies.

Danny Strode
09-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Personally, I enjoyed it the way it was --- despite the fact I felt the second half of the movie was a little rushed. If it was split into two different movies, to me it would seem too much like Star Wars. Then, I'm sure someone would ask if the second movie was Halloween 9 or a direction sequel to the prequel.

MyersFan927
09-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Even better: make the film longer.

Khan
09-08-2007, 12:42 PM
That is what DVD is for.

Worthystevens
09-08-2007, 12:49 PM
If the second half of the movie were it's own movie, there would be even more people bitching that it's a *total* remake.

renee30152
09-08-2007, 12:55 PM

I agree. They spent like ten minutes doing that. They should have expanded more time on the character development. Maybe cut down on the early childhood things.
Myabe there will be expanded scenes on the DVD.:nodsmile: