PDA

View Full Version : Any parts of this movie upset you?

punkrocklove
09-07-2007, 07:34 AM
I mean in an "Im about to cry because this is incredibly sad" way.
Not in a "OMG THIS IS SO RUBBISH" way lol.

For me, when Michaels Mum was watching the video of them, and killed herself, and when Michael was saying he didnt remember what happened on Halloween and asking his mum how everyone was at home were the sad points.

Roswell
09-07-2007, 08:12 AM
It was kind of sad when Michael and Laurie are in the basement of the Myers house and he kneeled in front of her and handed her that picture of them when they were little. Yeah, that was sad.

It was also kind of sad to see Michael's descent into madness.

Franchise
09-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Nothing bothers me about the movie, to be honest. I take it for what it's worth. Blemishes and what not are all the same to me. If I had to knitpick about 1 thing, I'd say it was the lack of inclusion of the line "Then I have nothing left to say".

renee30152
09-07-2007, 08:43 AM
When he mums is watching the home movies and when he kids were picking on him. And seeing how all he wanted was love and acceptance.

Laurie2007
09-07-2007, 08:58 AM
the part in the basement was the saddest for me because it wasnt lauries fault that she didnt remember him....she was only two after all
and the home movies part

Psych0ticNemes1s
09-07-2007, 09:15 AM
I felt nothing for any of the characters so nothing upset me about this movie, emotionally speaking.

The Kilted One
09-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Nothing from this film got to me in a upsetting way, no. The saddest part, in my oppinion, was cut from the thratrical release. I'm talking about the "alternate ending"(yes, I'm not going to say it ;)).

ragethorn
09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Yes, a few bothered me.

Any of the scenes with Laurie, Annie & Lyndsey talking upset me.

I needed a hug! :godno:

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-07-2007, 10:44 AM
All the murders in the first act deeply affected me, and I'm surprised that not many others felt the same. All that brutality from a little boy seemed very fresh to me. And very topical.

renee30152
09-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Why did those distrub you?
They got what they had coming to them.

ChrisYorkville
09-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I agree everyone in the beginning got what they had coming to them where Danny Trejos character didnt deserve to die.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Why did those distrub you?
They got what they had coming to them.

Maybe that's true. At least in the stepfather's case. There is that twisted feeling of enjoying seeing him destroy the destructive environment that created him, but at the same time you're seeing him BECOME it.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Everyone that gets killed in the beginning treated him like shit except his mother and the baby. They were the ones who survived.

Did his sister torture him THAT much to deserve to be killed? And there wasn't much evidence the boyfriend was all that cruel to him.

Brandon Real
09-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Did his sister torture him THAT much to deserve to be killed? And there wasn't much evidence the boyfriend was all that cruel to him.

Her boyfriend was raiding the fridge of all the meat. If I caught someone doing that, I might consider similar action. :bastard:

Reobeem
09-07-2007, 11:34 AM
the only thing that even made me care was the scenes with Michael when the song Love Hurts was playing

FooFighters
09-07-2007, 12:05 PM
The pointless sex scenes were a little uncomfortable. But basically the whole movie upset me.

Danny Strode
09-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Yeah, for me it was when he killed his sister, I just kinda felt sorry for her. When his mom committed suicide, and the basement scene.

renee30152
09-07-2007, 12:23 PM

She was very mean to him in the scenes that contained him and her.
As for the boyfriend, maybe off screen.

Maybe that's true. At least in the stepfather's case. There is that twisted feeling of enjoying seeing him destroy the destructive environment that created him, but at the same time you're seeing him BECOME it.

True. He became what he felt. He was pushe too far and he snapped.

The pointless sex scenes were a little uncomfortable. But basically the whole movie upset me.

I agree. Didn't see the point in them other then to show boobs for the male fans.

The scene with Annie calling for Laurie's help was a little sad as well.

Khan
09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Nothing upset me, but I felt that some things were very unnecessary.

TheShape'78
09-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Nothing from this film got to me in a upsetting way, no. The saddest part, in my oppinion, was cut from the thratrical release. I'm talking about the "alternate ending"(yes, I'm not going to say it ;)).

i agree.

-mitch-

renee30152
09-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Nothing upset me, but I felt that some things were very unnecessary.

I agree. The sex scenes to me were pointless as well as a few other things.:nodsmile:

Khan
09-07-2007, 12:31 PM
I agree. The sex scenes to me were pointless as well as a few other things.:nodsmile:

The movie could have been so much better.

renee30152
09-07-2007, 12:35 PM
I thought it was a pretty good movie other then a few things. Like for example they switched scenes rapidly sometimes even when the characters are talking.
Not as good as the orginal at any feat but a pretty good movie. :D

TheShape'78
09-07-2007, 12:37 PM
were we supposed to feel something for Judith when she says "My dads in heaven". cos she has been nothing but a bitch up to this point, and then she delivers this line like all of a sudden we are supposed care. i didn't find it effective if that is what Rob was going for, it was just really out of place.

-mitch-

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-07-2007, 12:37 PM
The movie could have been so much better.

I don't think I've ever ended up being as frustrated with a movie as this one. I really liked the first half, and then the second half was so unbelievably bad it was amazing.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-07-2007, 12:46 PM
were we supposed to feel something for Judith when she says "My dads in heaven". cos she has been nothing but a bitch up to this point, and then she delivers this line like all of a sudden we are supposed care. i didn't find it effective if that is what Rob was going for.

-mitch-

Rob didn't seem to be trying to generate any sympathy for the other characters in the opening scenes. Maybe a little there.

I think the only sympathy he might've been trying to generate is during her death scene, because while she was a bitchy sister to MM, she didn't deserve that.

Myers Insurance
09-07-2007, 01:11 PM
The suicide scene because I realized Sherri Moon would no longer be appearing on screen. Thank god the trio showed up to save the movie's hotness level. :bastard:

I was a bit mad that some scenes/lines/etc. I liked were taken out of the workprint.

Flash Over
09-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Deborah's suicide was the only thing that got me....emotionally that is.

Latin Razkal
09-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Her boyfriend was raiding the fridge of all the meat. If I caught someone doing that, I might consider similar action. :bastard:

I know right? and from the looks of that sandwich he made he woulda ate all the meat and the Myers family wasn't that rich, Mom Myers would have to do additional lap dances at her job to buy more groceries. I don't blame Lil Mikey at all

renee30152
09-07-2007, 02:44 PM
that was sad. She loved her little boy so much and she couldn't take the fact that he was an evil child and be known as the mother of satan.

Latin Razkal
09-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Also the bathroom scene young Mikey took a piss and didn't even wash his hands ewwwwwwwwww gross lol j/k .that bully talking shit on his mom and sister was upsetting he knew his sister was a slut but he loved his mom in true mama's boy Norman Bates,Jason Vorhees fashion

renee30152
09-07-2007, 02:51 PM
That also makes me sick to see people espically in a restruant. EEWWW!!

Frazetta
09-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Emotionally: Michael's decent into madness was kind of sad. And when Michael is holding Laurie's picture in front of Cynthia Strode as she screams "No, not my baby!!!" was really upsetting. I can't see how any Parent wouldn't get uncomfortable watching that...

Scenes that just bothered me in the movie were Annie repeatedly asking Paul if he wanted to fuck her(it didn't feel legit & pretty scripted) & Lynda calling her Cheerleading Coach a Cunt. I don't know of ANY female that would call another female that word. Even for mortal enemies that is pretty much foul territory.

lilmikeymyers
09-07-2007, 08:41 PM
The only part that is upsetting is that Michael didnt kill baby Laurie when he had the chance..

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-07-2007, 10:08 PM
The only part that is upsetting is that Michael didnt kill baby Laurie when he had the chance..

Heh. Amen.

Plus it'd make a real bitchin death scene. Grabbing the baby by the ankles and bashing it over and over again against the wall...

KITTY4MICHAEL
09-07-2007, 10:31 PM
The Ending Of The Movie I Think It Should Have Ended Like The Original. I Thought The Rest Of The Movie Was Great.

metallicabowler
09-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I thought a lot of the movie had gravitas to it, but what really got me was Michael killing Trejo's character. The guy never did anything to Michael except get in his way, and I thought Trejo's character really felt pathos for Michael. Problem is, Michael was already gone by that point.

Mama Myers' suicide was pretty heartbreaking too.

Cereal Killer
09-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Him on the porch left on Halloween night to fend for himself. Mom's BF drunk & nasty... sister porking the BF. Michael was jacked up, yeah, but that seemed like the snapping point.

I mean we knew & wanted the snap, but it's kinda like how kids have it nowadays. At least a lot more now than back in the day.

Silverpsycho
09-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Nothing from this film got to me in a upsetting way, no. The saddest part, in my oppinion, was cut from the theatrical release. I'm talking about the "alternate ending"(yes, I'm not going to say it ;)).
Yup exactly. The more I see the theatrical cut...the more I find the WP ending to be more fitting and just better. That and the Monster Mash song opening would have been so much better in my opinion. It makes me sad that these changes were made.

In terms of emotional sadness, I felt bad for Annie, Loomis and even Michael in the end of the film. I wasn't near getting teary-eyed though.

mmyers78
09-08-2007, 04:07 AM
the home movies scene, the part where the kids are picking on him, and when michael kneels in front of laurie

Dr. Wynn
09-08-2007, 07:15 AM
The death of Dr. Loomis upset me. Especially how he died.

Plus the fact that Dr. Wynn was turned into a nurse but hey...

The Dark Shape
09-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Deborah's suicide and the workprint ending are quite good emotionally.

Slapshot
09-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Deborah's suicide and the workprint ending are quite good emotionally.

Agreed on the Deborah part. Haven't seen the workprint (yet) so I can't comment on that. Her suicide was a great scene though. So emotionally gripping.

TheKeysTheKeys!
09-08-2007, 08:27 AM
U had known this movie was goingto violent and bloody- but I did get a little uncomfortable with the non-stop violence at some points (i.e. Michael beating his sister's boyfriend, beating the kid in the woods, what he did when he escaped from Smith's Grove- especially to that guy who was nothing but nice to him all those years, etc.)

My stomach got in knots when watching some of the violence, for sure.

XBlackxShadeX
09-08-2007, 09:03 AM
It was kind of sad when Michael and Laurie are in the basement of the Myers house and he kneeled in front of her and handed her that picture of them when they were little. Yeah, that was sad.

It was also kind of sad to see Michael's descent into madness.

I have to agree with you there.

Plus his childhood....that had to have been hard to live with, plus his mothers sucide

killersweets
10-10-2007, 07:06 PM
i never cared about any of the characters so seeing them die didnt really affect me the only ones that did was lories parents and the janitor but the worste thing on the uncut was the scene with the guards and the women that disgusted me..... that was NOT done in halloween taste!!!!!!!

ThornMember83
10-10-2007, 07:35 PM
None of the movie really bothered me, I have seen alot worse in other flims. The saddest parts I would say were the basement and the mother watching the videos.

Monte
10-11-2007, 01:35 AM
In all honesty, Spy Kid's death was really tough to watch. And it's actually because I was rooting for Michael to kill him just a little while beforehand. Zombie did something interesting by giving us an incredibly unlikeable character but then making his death scene completely realistic, with him crying and screaming that he was sorry and begging not to be hurt anymore. That really got to me.

renee30152
10-11-2007, 07:41 AM

Go on say it. :d i dare you... I double dog dare you...

That is true.

Mr. Bruce
10-26-2007, 01:06 PM
I found the line of the Antichrist kind of dumb.

hallodad
10-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Since the other sad parts were already covered, I'll say when he killed the guy (Ismael Cruz) that was kind to him in the mental hospital.

Todd
10-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Some of the lines Doctor Loomis had bothered me.
When they had McDowell use some of the same phrases that Donald Pleasence did in the original, it seemed forced, cheesy, and out of place.
I also didn't care for the way Loomis was portrayed in general.
He didn't seem to have any obsession with Michael, which was key to the Loomis/Myers relationship.
In this version, Loomis actually called the adult Michael his best friend.
That just didn't work.

Monte
10-27-2007, 08:48 PM
This Loomis did seem more annoyed than obsessive. When he gets the phone call about Michael escaping I half expected him to say, "Aw shit, I bet I'll have to get out of bed now and go down there. Don't you know how late it is?"

Name-less
10-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Oh yeah, the entire movie upset me. ;)

halloweenbabe
01-03-2008, 11:39 PM
a bunch of things upset me with this film. His mom, esp. I wasn't a big fan of the Rape scene

Pasabi
01-03-2008, 11:45 PM
I didn't like the swearing as far as being upsettingly annoyed, the animal tortue, as well as cringing during the scene where he kills the kid after school.

Mr. Bruce
01-04-2008, 01:21 AM
There was a lot of parts of the movie that where annoying and out of place. If I was the owner of HalloweeN I would wait a few years and just do another HalloweeN movie and go in a complete other direction. I would set it up where Myers is haunted by a evil enity like a demon it consums his soul turning him evil.

Inhumane
01-20-2008, 03:33 PM
I mean in an "Im about to cry because this is incredibly sad" way.
Not in a "OMG THIS IS SO RUBBISH" way lol.

... Oh ... nevermind.

LoriStrode07
01-22-2008, 08:10 AM
The fact that so many cool parts were cut out. This comes from watching the directors cut.

Peter_
01-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Yes there was a part that upset me...

The WHOLE movie!

Because it SUCKED!!!!!!:bigeyes:

tmlfan4life
01-29-2008, 05:50 AM
The only part that kind of freaked me out the most is when Michael is standing right over Lindsey Wallace and she is just sitting there watching TV. Part of me thought it was a good scene because it was not like that back in 1978, then another part of me wanted to screem look up!

Psych0ticNemes1s
01-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Yes there was a part that upset me...

The WHOLE movie!

Because it SUCKED!!!!!!:bigeyes:

Ditto

samhain51
01-29-2008, 08:30 AM
The Rape scene Hated it!!!!

Rage_Virus
01-29-2008, 03:04 PM
for me there were a few parts that kinda were sad

1. When Deborah killed herself, over what Michael had done.....was just really sad

2. When Sheriff Brackett discovers Annie.....I felt his anguish

3. The basement scene with Michael and Laurie

4. The scene with Ismael was really sad....I mean the guy was nice to Michael..... and his line "I was good to you Mikey...I was Good to you"

so there were a couple scenes

acorvinus
01-29-2008, 03:39 PM
The rape scene. It was brutal

Michaela_Myers
01-29-2008, 04:06 PM
For me, when Michaels Mum was watching the video of them, and killed herself, and when Michael was saying he didnt remember what happened on Halloween and asking his mum how everyone was at home were the sad points.

I personally didn't know whether or not to believe him when he said he didn't remember... but anyway... I really didn't enjoy the beating of the bully scene. It's hard to say exactly why, since the kid was a complete jackass and I could totally see it coming. Despite that, though, I really hated listening to him beg for mercy like that...

Michaela_Myers
01-29-2008, 04:24 PM
The rape scene. It was brutal

:confused:

Havers
02-01-2008, 09:37 PM
yep that rape thing i turned my tv off broke the dvd lol..

Khan
02-01-2008, 09:39 PM
:confused:

The rape scene is present in the work print and was restored for the unrated director's cut DVD, replacing the guard massacre.

Havers
02-01-2008, 09:45 PM
i woudl rarther see the guard massacre....

HiddenDragon
02-01-2008, 10:11 PM
for me there were a few parts that kinda were sad

1. When Deborah killed herself, over what Michael had done.....was just really sad

2. When Sheriff Brackett discovers Annie.....I felt his anguish

3. The basement scene with Michael and Laurie

4. The scene with Ismael was really sad....I mean the guy was nice to Michael..... and his line "I was good to you Mikey...I was Good to you"

so there were a couple scenes

That scene really bugged me and bummed me out at the same time. I was hoping that Michael would of spared him since Ismael was the only one there who treated him really well.

Michaela_Myers
02-02-2008, 05:39 PM
The rape scene is present in the work print and was restored for the unrated director's cut DVD, replacing the guard massacre.

Aha. Thanks.

Havoc22
02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
I'd have to say the unrated version of the film entirely upset me.

I liked the theatrical version better. Watching the rape scene was a bit much. I like horror movies, but rape I don't really enjoy seeing. It just makes me feel really uneasy. I understand the films are supposed to make you feel uneasy, but rape was a bit much for a slasher film I think.

dxh8r4life
08-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes, a few bothered me.

haha:roflmao:

Pandaz
08-26-2008, 05:09 PM
The rape scene in the workprint and unrated director's cut just pissed me off. Annie lying helplessly on the floor, drenched in blood was slightly upsetting for me, as was Michael drowning Ismael Cruz and smashing a television over his head. I'm just so thrilled that Annie survived.

Laurie2007
08-26-2008, 05:13 PM
i still cant watch when the janitor gets it....its so sad for me

No. 1 Elway Fan
08-26-2008, 05:17 PM
The porch scene when young Micheal is holding Laurie....with the "Love Hurts" song playing....

That scene just pissed me off beyond belief.

And "Rape Scene"? Everyone is talking about it, but I've never seen it, and I have the "Unrated" dvd.

NYCKing87
08-26-2008, 05:21 PM
The only thing that upset me was not seeing Lynda naked for a longer period of time.

Danny Strode
08-26-2008, 07:15 PM
And "Rape Scene"? Everyone is talking about it, but I've never seen it, and I have the "Unrated" dvd.

It's not hard to miss.

For me, yes, it's still the rape scene.

Dutchess
08-30-2008, 05:20 PM
It's the rape scene for me too. that doesn't belong in a Halloween movie, so i just fast forward past that part..i really need to get the Theatrical Cut

nwiser
08-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Depending on which cut...there are several parts that make me sort of sad.

Michaels whole family situation in general is sad...with his mom forced into being a stripper to make ends meet, having an abusive loser boyfriend and a slut of a daughter.

It's kind of sad that at such a young age, Michael gets put away for doing what he saw as cleaning house. All he really wanted to do was eliminate the undesirable elements and have a happy family with his mom and boo, and he was punished as an adult would be. After being locked away for so long, much like real criminals, he came out hardened and in a worse state than when he went in.

The scene of Deborah watching the old home movies and then offing herself is very sad...as it shows she reaches a point in her life where she has nowhere else to turn and kills herself.

It's a little sad when michael gets on his knees and presents himself to Laurie and she doesnt understand...and instead of embracing him, reuniting him with his "boo", which is all he really wanted, she stabs him.

The WP ending is extremely sad, as Michael is essentially murdered by the cops. One is not supposed to feel sorry for a mass murderer, and yet with that ending, I do. What makes it even sadder is him being murdered and the credits rolling w/the Loomis/Michael session/recording playing. It almost felt like a documentary/true story with that playing at the end.

pumpkin king
09-03-2008, 05:17 PM
The rape scene made me sick. There was no need for that. Also, the whole 1st half of the movie made me sad...because it sucked!

Laurie2007
09-03-2008, 05:19 PM
yeah i agree among the masses the rape scene was definatley not needed...although michael took care of those a-holes

pumpkin king
09-03-2008, 05:22 PM
yeah i agree among the masses the rape scene was definatley not needed...although michael took care of those a-holes

Damn Skippy!

Warlock44
09-04-2008, 08:40 AM
I hated this film and the speculation that a sequel might build upon it kills my desire to see any further installments. I thought it was misguided from the start. I didn't like the 'in-your-face' violence which Zombie appears to savor with disturbing glee. The dialogue sounded like it was written by a 13 year old and the suggestions for how he became this killer are irresponsible and dangerous for kids who might view this with similar problems. I was extremely disappointed that Danielle Harris lowered herself to disrobe for an unworthy installment such as this. Unfortunately she still has a very young face, so I find it sickening that Zombie had her looking almost like her much, much younger days (from H4 & H5) when she was unclothed in those low lite scenes. I mean, for God's sake she looked like a little kid and that is sick! How could you miss that? I think Zombie has some serious problems...

Dollface
09-04-2008, 11:53 AM
it was pretty sad when he michael asked his mom if everyone was okay at home. And the suicide scene, and the basement scene, and Idk i felt kinda bad for laurie at the end when she was screaming because at that part i was thinking "imagine the hell shes going to be into, i mean she just killed her brother, her real father and mother are dead, her foster parents are dead, her friends are dead. DAMN!"

Danny Strode
09-04-2008, 01:04 PM
I was extremely disappointed that Danielle Harris lowered herself to disrobe for an unworthy installment such as this. Unfortunately she still has a very young face, so I find it sickening that Zombie had her looking almost like her much, much younger days (from H4 & H5) when she was unclothed in those low lite scenes.

I agree completely here. That scene was the only scene I didn't care for from Danielle.

BrianG
09-04-2008, 03:32 PM
The rape scene in the workprint and unrated director's cut just pissed me off. Annie lying helplessly on the floor, drenched in blood was slightly upsetting for me, as was Michael drowning Ismael Cruz and smashing a television over his head. I'm just so thrilled that Annie survived.

I had the same reaction, and I am also very glad that she survived!

Laurie2007
09-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I hated this film and the speculation that a sequel might build upon it kills my desire to see any further installments.

but you know you will

nwiser
09-04-2008, 05:49 PM
I agree completely here. That scene was the only scene I didn't care for from Danielle.

I didnt care for it either, but not because it made me think of her younger self, which is kind of creepy for someone to say anyway.

To me her being naked wasnt really a treat as some saw it. I could swear in those scenes I saw some huge veins running across her chest, which is not attractive at all...kind of gross actually. Maybe if I were in my 60's I might be excited to see it...but at 30...all it does is make for a good appetite suppressant. :bigeyes:

Danny Strode
09-04-2008, 06:03 PM
I didnt care for it either, but not because it made me think of her younger self, which is kind of creepy for someone to say anyway.

To me her being naked wasnt really a treat as some saw it. I could swear in those scenes I saw some huge veins running across her chest, which is not attractive at all...kind of gross actually. Maybe if I were in my 60's I might be excited to see it...but at 30...all it does is make for a good appetite suppressant. :bigeyes:

Ha, ha.

My reason for disliking it is obviously because I do see her as little Jamie Lloyd, which, yes, can be creepy depending on how you look at it.

But given that I never looked at her chest, I'm not sure what to say about your second paragraph.

Warlock44
09-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Yeah I have to agree here. Even the most casual viewer of the Halloween series will always see Danielle Harris as 'Jamie Strode'. Her looks are very distinctive and, as said previously, being older hasn't changed her features enough to escape that role. Given that fact, I thought Zombie really took a perverse angle by casting her in the role and shooting those scenes. It just becomes one of many, many bad decisions Zombie made when filming this supposed "remake". And no I won't see another installment if they continue this storyline. Zombie took all the mystery out of Michael and made him a Jeffrey Dahmer type which is nothing like the popular suggestion that he is more supernatural...like the boogey man. That is my appeal in the series. Zombie abandon all of that. I also don't believe Carpenter liked his interpretation either. I don't buy it at all.

Danny Strode
09-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah I have to agree here. Even the most casual viewer of the Halloween series will always see Danielle Harris as 'Jamie Strode'. Her looks are very distinctive and, as said previously, being older hasn't changed her features enough to escape that role. Given that fact, I thought Zombie really took a perverse angle by casting her in the role and shooting those scenes. It just becomes one of many, many bad decisions Zombie made when filming this supposed "remake".

I agree here.

NYCKing87
09-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Zombie took all the mystery out of Michael and made him a Jeffrey Dahmer type which is nothing like the popular suggestion that he is more supernatural...like the boogey man. That is my appeal in the series. Zombie abandon all of that.As I posted a long time ago here, Zombie didn't technically take anything away. If you look at the film closely, Zombies Michael always had issues aside from his white trash family. If you look at the scene where he's flicking the candy near the beginning, he just goes about killing for no reason. It just happens. I'm not of the crowd that believes Michael kills in RZH because he wasn't taken trick or treating, as I view that absurd.

Roswell
09-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Given that fact, I thought Zombie really took a perverse angle by casting her in the role and shooting those scenes.

So he's a pervert because he cast a twenty-nine year old woman in a horror film and has her topless in a non-sexual situation.

Right.

I honestly don't get this. I mean, it'd be different if we had extreme close ups of Danielle's breasts during the scene, and it'd be different if she was a minor, but we don't. The scene isn't about her breasts, it's about her fighting off the villain.

And if you have a problem with seeing Danielle half naked because you still remember her as a little kid, that's YOUR problem, not a problem with the film.

Oh, and the fact that people are so opposed to some of the things in this film yet praise movies like H2 (which is just as guilty when it comes to changing things) is just absurd to me.

NYCKing87
09-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I think people take Danielles topless scene as a negative thing. She's a grown woman for crying out loud. It was in the contract when she signed to do the film.

Danny Strode
09-05-2008, 08:19 PM
So he's a pervert because he cast a twenty-nine year old woman in a horror film and has her topless in a non-sexual situation.

Right.

I honestly don't get this. I mean, it'd be different if we had extreme close ups of Danielle's breasts during the scene, and it'd be different if she was a minor, but we don't. The scene isn't about her breasts, it's about her fighting off the villain.

And if you have a problem with seeing Danielle half naked because you still remember her as a little kid, that's YOUR problem, not a problem with the film.

Oh, and the fact that people are so opposed to some of the things in this film yet praise movies like H2 (which is just as guilty when it comes to changing things) is just absurd to me.

You raise some good points. I agree that the scene isn't about her breasts, but a lot of people make it out that way. I think it added vulnerability to the scene.

I think people take Danielles topless scene as a negative thing. She's a grown woman for crying out loud. It was in the contract when she signed to do the film.

Yes. Very true.

nwiser
09-05-2008, 09:21 PM
As I posted a long time ago here, Zombie didn't technically take anything away. If you look at the film closely, Zombies Michael always had issues aside from his white trash family. If you look at the scene where he's flicking the candy near the beginning, he just goes about killing for no reason. It just happens. I'm not of the crowd that believes Michael kills in RZH because he wasn't taken trick or treating, as I view that absurd.

not to change the subject of this thread but, he doesnt kill for "no reason"...he kills because he lives with an asshole and a whore who bring down the level of happiness, respect, and class he feels he, his mother, and baby sister should have.

I think people take Danielles topless scene as a negative thing.

it was...my popcorn lost all flavor after seeing it. :shock:

kubrick
09-17-2008, 03:08 PM
The only thing that upset me was the part when Ismael was getting murdered and he said "I was good to you, Mikey." That just broke my heart.

sound_asleep7
09-22-2008, 01:51 PM
The alternate ending was kind of sad...

Laurie2007
09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
The alternate ending was kind of sad...

ive always disliked the alternate ending

NYCKing87
09-22-2008, 06:19 PM
not to change the subject of this thread but, he doesnt kill for "no reason"...he kills because he lives with an asshole and a whore who bring down the level of happiness, respect, and class he feels he, his mother, and baby sister should have.That's incorrect.

it was...my popcorn lost all flavor after seeing it. :shock::crazy:

nwiser
09-22-2008, 08:21 PM
That's incorrect.

howso?

Was Ronnie really a nice guy and I missed it? Was Judith really a nun who just pretended to be a slut? Did Michael believe his mom was happy in her relationship?

Towelman
09-23-2008, 04:12 AM
howso?

Was Ronnie really a nice guy and I missed it? Was Judith really a nun who just pretended to be a slut? Did Michael believe his mom was happy in her relationship?

Zombie has said in interviews that Michael didn't snap due to his environment, it would still have happened sooner or later even if he'd had the perfect home and family.

nwiser
09-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Zombie has said in interviews that Michael didn't snap due to his environment, it would still have happened sooner or later even if he'd had the perfect home and family.

if he felt that, why then didnt he just make the family perfect?

The night when Michael killed Ronnie, Judith and her b/f, Michael said to Deborah that things were "ok now" or something...this pretty much spells out his motives.

Ryan
09-23-2008, 12:08 PM
No parts in the movie really made me sad, with the exception of Deborah's suicide. Other than that, this movie didn't really invoke much emotion out of me.

Towelman
09-25-2008, 06:23 AM
if he felt that, why then didnt he just make the family perfect?

The night when Michael killed Ronnie, Judith and her b/f, Michael said to Deborah that things were "ok now" or something...this pretty much spells out his motives.

The point is that if his home environment hadn't helped to trigger it, something else would have.

nwiser
09-25-2008, 07:41 AM
The point is that if his home environment hadn't helped to trigger it, something else would have.

Like what...Thorn? :bastard:

Seriously though...this movie wasnt like one of those "choose your own adventure" books where we could see how he turned out with a good homelife vs. a bad one...so one cant really say that if his homelife had been good he would have still gone bad. Obviously if that was Zombies intent to show, he didnt do it very well, if at all. You cant just say it in an interview/commentary and make it canon...on-screen is what counts.

HoozKook
01-07-2009, 08:03 AM
It's not something that made me cry but it's something I had a really hard time watching was the rape scene in the sanatarium

HELLO-MIKEY
01-08-2009, 06:33 AM
the altered ending where michael gets shot by the cops.

but to be honest i dont wanna feel sad for him.

MichaelMyers623
01-08-2009, 11:09 AM
My sadest part was when Michael knelt down on his knees to Laurie as he showed her a picture of her as a baby (i think) and himself [Michael], it was quite sad :(

MyersVictim
01-12-2009, 11:51 AM
It really upset me when Michael killed Laurie's parents, especially the mother

michaelwhereru?
02-24-2009, 02:00 PM
The only thing I thought was totally sad and pointless was the killing of Mr and Mrs Strode. What did they do? Exactly, nothing! Took in a little girl and cared for her and this is what they get. Lame!

nwiser
02-24-2009, 06:28 PM
ehh...he was a smoker. that alone is enough reason for some to think he should die...especially if he did it around Laurie any.

MM2DYLAN
02-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Nothing in this film truly upset me. It for the most part stayed true to the original, if speeding it up.

Khan
02-24-2009, 07:54 PM
You mean rushing the remake portion it to the point of rather faceless characters being created?

To be honest, Zombie made a big mistake in trying to jam in as much material from the original as he did.

McDowell spitting out Pleasence lines was so forced.

The editing was weak.

GrimOctober
02-24-2009, 07:56 PM
- Annie screaming to help Laurie in the kitchen.
- Laurie's mom refusing to tell Michael where Laurie is when he shows her the picture.

FTL
02-24-2009, 08:22 PM
No parts in the movie really made me sad, with the exception of Deborah's suicide. Other than that, this movie didn't really invoke much emotion out of me.

Lets feel sad for a mother who shoots herself cuz she shit out one bad kid.

anybody else forgetting she had another child that could have used her love and guidance?

Slasher Fan
02-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Definitely the mother's suicide.

MichaelFox
04-25-2009, 05:39 AM
The Mother's part, watching the old movies of her son. 'Why God WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO MY SON!!!'. You know... hahaha

mlf200811
04-25-2009, 12:27 PM
in the unrated cut, michael kills his only friend in the hospital, ishmal , so he can escape, and you notice that michael is kinda his friend when he was a kid, and ishmal was nice to him.

i thought this was sad, thank god it wasn't in the theatrical cut.

Vampire Queen
08-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Yes, a few bothered me.

Awwwwww *hugs* lol

I agree with you, though :) I needed one too lol

Anyway, the part where Michael gives Laurie the picture.

Dead By Dawn
08-26-2011, 11:18 PM
The part where Michael gives Laurie the picture wasn't really upsetting. It was more of a brief, "Awh" moment, imo.

The scene where Laurie finds Annie on the floor is pretty gutwrenching. Its twice as upsetting when it happens again in RZH2 though.

The scene that gets to me the most is Deborah's suicide, but that's mainly because I have a hard time watching suicides unless it's someone in a zombie film shooting themselves because they were bitten or something.

A Dumb Question
08-27-2011, 12:10 AM
The poorly-written parts upset me.

Scarface
08-27-2011, 12:15 AM
Agreed.

The fact that the film wasn't a clear vision of the filmmaker, also upsets me. It couldn't make up its mind.

the 'M' clam
08-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Nothing really upset me in Rob Zombie's Halloween but just a few scenes I thought where out of place. I had a hard time in watching the rape scene in the Directors-Cut. When Michael kills his pet rat as I find it very disturbing & I feel it should of not been shown in the film as kids & teenagers with twisted minds will might copy this to kill off there pets if they see this film. I felt sorry for Michael when he is crying & wants to go home as Dr. Loomis says to him you cant go home because you done terrorable things.

ALDO
08-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Pockets! Damn you...damn you all to hell!

the 'M' clam
08-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I think it was a bit stupid for Michael to kill the older kid that bullys him as he's bigger & when Michael kills Judith's boyfriend with a bat. As I find it goes a bit too far unrealistic.

The Saw
08-27-2011, 12:58 PM
I think it was a bit stupid for Michael to kill the older kid that bullys him as he's bigger & when Michael kills Judith's boyfriend with a bat. As I find it goes a bit too far unrealistic.

How was it unrealistic?
Michael beat the guy down with a baseball bat, and the other guy with a tree branch.
I fucking hate the first half, but those scenes aren't unrealistic.

the 'M' clam
08-27-2011, 01:05 PM
How was it unrealistic?
Michael beat the guy down with a baseball bat, and the other guy with a tree branch.
I fucking hate the first half, but those scenes aren't unrealistic.

I dont mean the kills are unrealistic. I know kids have killed older people in real life but no way as much as 4 unless the kid has a muchine gun at war. It's unrealistic for a kid to kill 4 people in one day. As I feel it goes a bit way too far.

The Saw
08-27-2011, 01:07 PM
I dont mean the kills are unrealistic. It's unrealistic for a kid to kill 4 people in one day. As I feel it goes a bit way too far.

What's unrealistic about a kid killing people?

Roswell
08-27-2011, 01:18 PM

Michael catches them all off guard, which is why he's able to kill them. They're not expecting Michael to do what he does. I believe a kid could do that if nobody was expecting it.

And Michael was also able to kill Bob in the original, even though Bob was bigger than him, so it's not out of the realm of possibility in this franchise.

the 'M' clam
08-27-2011, 01:22 PM
What's unrealistic about a kid killing people?

As he much as he kills 4 people. Im not saying it's unrealistic for a kid to kill but as much as 4 older people in one day in different ways as I just find it unrealistic. It is more realistic for a kid to kill alot of people with a gun & stab a few kids at his own age & 1 adult. I can never see a kid knocking out older kid to death by hitting him with a tree branch & a adult with a bat in one day. The film would be better if Michael just killed Judith & his (I know it's not his dad) dad in the house.

the 'M' clam
08-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Michael catches them all off guard, which is why he's able to kill them. They're not expecting Michael to do what he does. I believe a kid could do that if nobody was expecting it.

And Michael was also able to kill Bob in the original, even though Bob was bigger than him, so it's not out of the realm of possibility in this franchise.

Yes but thats different as Michael was adult when he killed Bob & size has nothing to do with it but strength has. I just cant see a 10 year old kid knock out a teenager to death with a tree branch or a bat.

The Saw
08-27-2011, 05:56 PM
As he much as he kills 4 people. Im not saying it's unrealistic for a kid to kill but as much as 4 older people in one day in different ways as I just find it unrealistic. It is more realistic for a kid to kill alot of people with a gun & stab a few kids at his own age & 1 adult. I can never see a kid knocking out older kid to death by hitting him with a tree branch & a adult with a bat in one day. The film would be better if Michael just killed Judith & his (I know it's not his dad) dad in the house.

As Roswell said, he caught them off guard. It's not unrealistic.

the 'M' clam
08-27-2011, 06:26 PM
As Roswell said, he caught them off guard. It's not unrealistic.

Well true. But it does not feel right in the film for Michael to kill the bully & Judith's boyfriend as I think thats too much kills for a kid in a horror film.

Peaker1990
08-27-2011, 06:54 PM
It's a HORROR film, not some family drama. Murders are to be expected.

the 'M' clam
08-27-2011, 07:02 PM
It's a HORROR film, not some family drama. Murders are to be expected.

I know it's a horror film. But kids killing does not thrill me. Michael should of just killed 2 people in the house as he was a kid & thats it. He could of killed the bully & Judith's boyfriend when Michael returns to Haddonfield as that might of been better for the film.

Roswell
08-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Well true. But it does not feel right in the film for Michael to kill the bully & Judith's boyfriend as I think thats too much kills for a kid in a horror film.

I've heard of a kid blowing away his whole family with a shotgun. If a kid can do that in real life, then surely a kid like Michael could kill four people by catching them by surprise.

the 'M' clam
08-27-2011, 08:06 PM
I've heard of a kid blowing away his whole family with a shotgun. If a kid can do that in real life, then surely a kid like Michael could kill four people by catching them by surprise.

Any kid could kill his own family with a shotgun & I have mention it would be more realistic if a kid kill alot of people with a gun in my other post on this thread. I can see I kid kill killing people with a knife but not with a tree branch to kill a older & bigger kid then Michael & kill Judith's boyfriend with a bat unless he is very strong for a 10 year old.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-28-2011, 03:32 AM
First you make a vague statement, then you attempt to clarify by saying it's not that it's TOO MANY kills for a kid, but that he wouldn't have the STRENGTH...then, when someone points out that those victims were caught off-guard, you say that's true, but you think it's TOO MANY kills (exactly what you'd previously stated that you weren't saying)...then when people said that there tend to be a lot of kills in slasher movies, you went back to the previously-debunked "He wouldn't be strong enough" argument.

I'd tell you to make up your mind which problem you have with these scenes, but that would imply that you have a mind.

H-Field Hero
08-28-2011, 07:35 AM
I laughed when I saw this thread title. I would say as the years have gone by I'm more upset at myself than I am the movie haha. After all back in 2006 (cannot believe it's been that long already) I was one of the people insisting all of the nay sayers STFU and give Zombie a chance. Looking back I should have known we were in trouble once all of the D-list horror actors started being cast.

Steven Lloyd
08-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Many of the murder scenes upset me immensely. I just have a very adverse reaction to scenes of extreme, prolonged suffering (which is why I have problems making it through stuff like the Saw films). In fact, much of the power of Rob's films comes from the victims knowing that they are about to experience excruciating suffering. The death scenes of Judith, Mya, Misty, etc., affect me a lot more than those of the wolf-man or the various law enforcers, because they are showing just how much pain and hurt humans can go through when they die. That information is being forced on the audience, and that is why Rob's films are grittier and more "hardcore" than the previous films in the series, not because of the ridiculously overused F-bombs or the Tarantino-esque gore.

Of course, as I have mentioned before, I find the rape scene totally unwatchable and I will continue to argue that it has no place being in the film.

missvirginia91
08-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Yes. Any part involving killing/hurting animals, in any movie, really upsets me. I will look away or fast forward. It's really bad in RZH2, during the dog scene. That's part of the reason I freakin' despise that movie. It was unnecessary to even have that in the movie. I get why they included it in RZH, to an extent, to show the early warning signs of Michael. But in RZH2, it was not needed.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Wait...Michael's killed dogs in HOW MANY movies? Four, by my count. It's something Michael just does, and has done since 1978.

Diamond Wings
08-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Of course, as I have mentioned before, I find the rape scene totally unwatchable and I will continue to argue that it has no place being in the film.

I wouldn't say this upsets me, but it is unnecessary. I prefer the t-cut for the primary reason of omitting this scene.

blacksymbiote
11-14-2012, 05:45 PM
I think a lot of it upset me in a way or at least left me unsettled. But I think that was the point of a lot of the scenes.

MyersCult81
11-15-2012, 06:50 AM
The only thing that upset me was some of the campy acting. Other than that, I liked the film. None of the violence upset me because that's Halloween! The language was a bit much, but not too over the top. William Forsythe was funny as hell though.

MSamHainM
12-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah I have to agree that the deaths in the first half affected me more than the second although I prefer the second half. You have to feel for the momma watching the movies of her son. I actually also felt bad for Judith. Seeing her crying and screaming in agony was rather upsetting. And of course Danny Trejos death.

80sJEM
12-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Upset me...as in near tears? Well, no tears were actually SHED, but definitely Cynthia's death even more than Deborah's. She was such a GREAT mom, I can TOTALLY relate to Laurie's relationship with her, when she's screaming at Michael to leave her baby alone before he snaps her neck...:godno:

Barrybgb
08-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Cynthia. This disturbed me DEEPLY. I didn't see any point or need for it. She was a lovely, nice mom. I mean, she seemed like she could be anyone's mom. Why that had to happen, and in such a mean spirited and brutal way, I don't know. Maybe that was the intention. To shock, sadden and unnerve the audience. Well, it worked. That whole thing was just sad and not needed.

wyatt s
08-01-2013, 08:44 AM
It's a horror movie, and a slasher, I should think that audiences would actually want to be made to feel for a character before they die. We should be actively rooting for characters not to die, to want them to survive because we like them. If we argue for horror movies not to kill off characters because it "makes us feel bad" then I think we're losing the whole point of the genre. Celebrating when a characters death happens on screen isn't really a good thing, mourning when they bite the dust is.

Barrybgb
08-01-2013, 08:52 AM
It's a horror movie, and a slasher, I should think that audiences would actually want to be made to feel for a character before they die. We should be actively rooting for characters not to die, to want them to survive because we like them. If we argue for horror movies not to kill off characters because it "makes us feel bad" then I think we're losing the whole point of the genre. Celebrating when a characters death happens on screen isn't really a good thing, mourning when they bite the dust is.

I'm not arguing for horror movies not to kill off characters, but I am not rooting for them to kill off every character either, which they don't need too if there are still plenty to go around to satify the viewer. Not every one needs to die, and I thought this was just too much and just seemed added in to shock and sadden and was just not needed. This particular death disturbed and upset me, which was the question asked.

wyatt s
08-01-2013, 09:04 AM
I think if you had that emotional of a reaction to the death, so much so that you found it to be very upsetting purely it seems because you liked the character and didn't think they deserved that fate, clearly Zombie made the right decision with that sequence. You were effected, and in the very way he wanted you to be effected. Sure not every character needs to die in a horror film, but there needs to be characters you like getting killed in this type of movie. Otherwise what's the point? I have no problem with you being upset or disturbed by the character's murder, ideally you should be upset or disturbed by it, I just think it's absurd to argue that the death shouldn't be in the movie because of how it made you feel.

ClassOf78
08-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Concerning the topic, more or less the entire film is upsetting.

If we're talking moments that stick out there's... ah fuck it, the third act.

Loomis meeting Lynda's dad was pretty heavy.

The scene where Laurie has a nervous breakdown in front of her psychiatrist actually fucked me up more than anything, for person reasons. Incredibly accurate.

Laurie and Annie's confrontation in her room.

EDIT: Wrong movie. I just automatically assumed this was a thread for H2, it being the more bleak of the two.

Roswell
08-01-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm not arguing for horror movies not to kill off characters, but I am not rooting for them to kill off every character either, which they don't need too if there are still plenty to go around to satify the viewer. Not every one needs to die, and I thought this was just too much and just seemed added in to shock and sadden and was just not needed. This particular death disturbed and upset me, which was the question asked.

You were horrified by a horror film? Wow, what are the odds of THAT?

wyatt s
08-01-2013, 09:30 AM
You were horrified by a horror film? Wow, what are the odds of THAT?

Surprisingly slim.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-02-2013, 01:13 AM

See, I can almost understand when people complain that Michael seems too sympathetic in RZH because he mainly kills bullies. But complaints like this one, I don't get. Killing sympathetic characters not only breaks Myers out of that mold of only killing unlikable characters, and therefore being a "safe" villain...but it's precisely because a character is sympathetic that you don't want them to die, which gives it more impact when they do. If all Myers does is kill off people you don't give a fuck about, what's the point? Zombie has gone on record...he doesn't like to make violence "fun" or "exciting." He wants to present it as brutal and awful and tragic, because that's what it is, and that's how it's so rarely treated in modern horror films.

Not to mention, Michael's goal in RZH is to kill off everyone around Laurie and claim her as his own. Killing her adoptive parents is thematically necessary.

mtd20_2000
08-12-2013, 12:45 AM
The only thing that bothered me in the film was the excessive trailer trash talk (which Zombie seems to put in every film he does).

Michael Voorhees
08-16-2013, 03:09 PM
There's nothing in this movie that has ever particularly upset or offended me, but there's that part of me that has always wished the T-Cut version of Michael's escape had been implemented into the Director's Cut instead of the rape scene.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-16-2013, 03:24 PM
I still defer to the T-Cut for this one...if only because the thought of Michael walking 150 miles overnight drives me nuts. haha

Mortimur Grimm
08-26-2013, 10:51 PM
I still defer to the T-Cut for this one...if only because the thought of Michael walking 150 miles overnight drives me nuts. haha

True that.

Where should I start with what parts upset me about this film? There were so many of them! The acting was very disappointing to me. None of these actors have ever been known to be great by any means, but I expected much more than we received provided overloading this film with recognizable names. As many feel, the language was very unrealistic and paints a fictional world of vulgarity. I cuss quite a bit, but that just came off as stupid. All of his films attempt to go that route and hurt the honesty and realism of the film at the end of the day. An "emo" Myers takes away from a "boogeyman" that Myers is supposed to be at the character's core. It doesn't single him out from any other common psychopath. With all the signs, you could see it coming from a mile away and that really takes away the mystery of the question, "Why is he like that?" You feel robbed by that. The "Super Myers" escape in the T-Cut was goofy. The D-Cut rape scene was dumb. Why take her to Myers room to rape her? That made no sense. They chose an actor for Myers that didn't blend in and stuck out like a sore thumb. That makes as much sense as an ninja elephant. I shouldn't beg for Myers to kill the characters, but they all annoyed me so much that I wanted to go into the screen to kill them myself, with the heroine being the worst. Taking the Loomis character to being a polar opposite version of the original bothered me. I'm not saying he should have been this archetype of goodness, but he shouldn't have been made a complete chode. I could honestly go on and on with this, but why bother. There was just far too many parts of this movie that upset me. That's my contribution to this thread. Sorry to those that liked this film, but these are the reasons I really was disappointed that this was the remake we received. They just chose an amateur filmmaker that was not ready to remake an iconic franchise, and shouldn't have been so arrogant to believe he could do so successfully while being so wet behind the ears. The Texas Chainsaw films are more his forte.

Roswell
08-26-2013, 10:58 PM
As many feel, the language was very unrealistic and paints a fictional world of vulgarity. I cuss quite a bit, but that just came off as stupid.

So you cuss quite a bit, but if characters in a movie drop a few F-bombs, that's "unrealistic". Okay then.

General rant: I'd like to know when horror fans became such prudes. Horror films can't have gore or blood or profanity or nudity anymore, because that's not how those retro, watched through rose tinted glasses horror movies did it. I don't understand it. I'm much more concerned that Zombie felt the need to cram the present day portion of the film into the last third of the movie (plus emulate Carpenter's style whenever possible) than whether or not some characters have dirty mouths or actually bleed when they get stabbed or shot, but that's just me.

El Rooto
08-26-2013, 11:03 PM
I like the movie.

But "fucking drunk prick fuck" is amongst the dumbest things ever said in the franchise, including "Cookie woman" and "Trick or treat, motherfucker". I have no problems with the abundant profanity in the film but on occasion someone could have reined it in once or twice(when it sounded REALLY STUPID, I mean to say).

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Well, to be fair, Ronnie was a fucking drunk prick fuck.

El Rooto
08-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Well...granted.

Mortimur Grimm
08-28-2013, 09:43 PM
But "fucking drunk prick fuck" is amongst the dumbest things ever said in the franchise, including "Cookie woman" and "Trick or treat, motherfucker". I have no problems with the abundant profanity in the film but on occasion someone could have reined it in once or twice(when it sounded REALLY STUPID, I mean to say).

That's what I'm saying! It's fucking stupid as clown shoes the way some things are said. Even in the original series, some of the things that were said were pretty damn stupid. Strangely, my criticisms come off as a personal attack by some people. Almost as if they made the film themselves. I mean seriously, have you ever said half of the retarded lines in the last two films? For that matter, any of the Halloween films? It's as if every character has diarrhea of the mouth like Jennifer Carpenter's character on Dexter. It's funny when it's just her saying crazy shit here and there, but all the time just comes off as retarded and unrealistic.

Roswell, if you really talked like the way they do in the films you covet so passionately, my head would explode from laughter. Really man, who does that?

And yes, Ronnie was one "Fucking drunk prick fuck."

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-28-2013, 10:54 PM
That's what I'm saying! It's fucking stupid as clown shoes the way some things are said.
Things like "fucking stupid as clown shoes," for instance? :p

Roswell
08-29-2013, 05:11 AM
Roswell, if you really talked like the way they do in the films you covet so passionately, my head would explode from laughter. Really man, who does that?

Fictional characters in movies?

Also, you'll notice that most of the characters who curse are not exactly the nicest people to begin with. Is Ronnie saying "Bitch, I will crawl over there and I will skullfuck the shit out of you." ridiculous? Yes, but Ronnie is a huge prick who WOULD say something like that. Maybe YOU wouldn't say that, but then again, you're probably not like Ronnie. Guys like him swear like sailors because it's their only real defense, so it doesn't shock me when he says something like that because I expect it from him. If Laurie or her parents had said that, I would find it completely out of place.

And I find the remake to be a fairly flawed film by the way. I certainly don't "covet it passionately", although I do enjoy it overall. Unlike most people, my issues with it don't have anything to do with bad language or blood though.

ClassOf78
08-29-2013, 05:44 AM
None of the characters speak in a way that isn't true to the characters. I've met some Ronnie's. I had the misfortune of living with a Ronnie. Yeah, Forsythe was pretty true to what that type of person is like.

All that aside I and more or less everyone I'm friends with curse up and down on a regular basis so I don't find anything particularly "shocking" or "offensive" about it. I've always been confused as to why fans found Annie and Lynda so unlikeable because they said "fuck" a lot. Don't get me wrong, I thought they were both assholes, but not because they cursed. But I digress.

Man In Black
08-29-2013, 06:00 AM
I almost always shed a tear when Paul & Bob die - such great characters:(

FTL
08-29-2013, 07:16 PM
None of the characters speak in a way that isn't true to the characters. I've met some Ronnie's. I had the misfortune of living with a Ronnie. Yeah, Forsythe was pretty true to what that type of person is like.

Dude, Forsythe is the best part of RZH. I wish he was around for the sequel.

benluvin
08-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Bitch don't think I'm not making a mental note of all the shit you're saying.

I thought the language was excessive and pushed. But not unexpected coming from a white trash zombie film. But I still like it overall.

SAW'ed OFF
10-04-2013, 11:01 AM
whenever someone says something about the characters in this film they dislike, someone always comes back with the "but i know someone in real life who did that, or is like that". as if, just because something has happened in real life, that makes it a good idea to be in a Halloween film. lol. i once seen a drunk girl at a party with period blood running all down her pants and she knew about it and kept partying anyway. wouldn't it have been awesome if there was a scene with Laurie & Annie doing the same thing? no, probably not.

A Dumb Question
10-04-2013, 11:10 AM
i once seen a drunk girl at a party with period blood running all down her pants and she knew about it and kept partying anyway.

I could have lived without hearing that example.

halo thirty one
10-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I could have lived without hearing that example.

No kidding. That's far more upsetting than anything Rob Zombie came up with in his movies.

Kitty
10-15-2013, 04:50 AM
When Michael and Laurie were in the Myers basement and he held out the photo...

Black Sunshine
10-15-2013, 05:03 AM
When Michael and Laurie were in the Myers basement and he held out the photo...

I agree with this bit, however.. I feel this scene would have been more effective had they used it in RZH2 as a flashback sequence as well it would have given it a bit more meaning to both charecters.

Kitty
10-15-2013, 05:34 AM
I agree with this bit, however.. I feel this scene would have been more effective had they used it in RZH2 as a flashback sequence as well it would have given it a bit more meaning to both charecters.

Actually, you have a valid point there.

Stebob1984
10-15-2013, 06:34 AM
I don't know if upset is the right word but I found the rape escape in the DC to be unnecesary. I hate rape of any kind in films and I certainly did not want to see it in a Halloween movie.

I think the thing that upset me was just how he ruined the mystique of Myers, this was a chance to bring the series back to its roots and instead we get lots of foul language, a Myers that's just a fucked up kid and a prequel half that leaves me with bad taste. If you go back and watch the original Michael's parents were not typical white trash they seemingly appeared a normal couple. I don't like that Zombie said he was going to explain why Myers went crazy by just changing things to suit that, he could have told a story of a quiet boy that just isn't right.

Personally though I will give credit where its due, Rob & Mane made adult Myers scary again.

Roswell
10-15-2013, 09:55 AM
I think the thing that upset me was just how he ruined the mystique of Myers...

You can't ruin something that was never intended in the first place.

Stebob1984
10-15-2013, 10:33 AM
You can't ruin something that was never intended in the first place.

What? Seriously? Cone on whether it was intended or not the mystique was there, we have no idea why Michael snapped that made it more interesting.

You seriously need to realise everyone has different opinions, I didn't care for the Zombie films, end of story.

MischievousSpirit
10-15-2013, 10:48 AM
The mystique of Michael Myers was ruined the second JC had that six pack of beer, and made Myers Laurie's brother back in 1981. It was ruined even further by the time H4-H6 came out with the thorn bullshit. You can't just blame Rob Zombie for something that started over 30 years ago.

Roswell
10-15-2013, 10:48 AM
What? Seriously? Cone on whether it was intended or not the mystique was there, we have no idea why Michael snapped that made it more interesting.

You seriously need to realise everyone has different opinions, I didn't care for the Zombie films, end of story.

I really don't care if you like them or not. I just think it's kind of silly to say that he ruined something that he never intended to include in the first place, especially when you take into account all of the sequels that actually had a connection to Carpenter's original film. Now THOSE films ruined that classic mystique that you speak so highly of.

Like I've said before, I don't mind if Zombie's films aren't for you (the collective you, not you personally), but I think this whole "Zombie ruined Classic Michael Myers!" thing is pretty funny. *ahem* That's just my opinion though. ;)

SAW'ed OFF
10-15-2013, 11:27 AM
he ruined an opportunity to unruin it. he just kept it ruined.

Stebob1984
10-15-2013, 11:32 AM
I really don't care if you like them or not. I just think it's kind of silly to say that he ruined something that he never intended to include in the first place, especially when you take into account all of the sequels that actually had a connection to Carpenter's original film. Now THOSE films ruined that classic mystique that you speak so highly of.

Like I've said before, I don't mind if Zombie's films aren't for you (the collective you, not you personally), but I think this whole "Zombie ruined Classic Michael Myers!" thing is pretty funny. *ahem* That's just my opinion though. ;)

That's bollocks though cause the mystique was there in the first one intended or nit and tbh I think it was intended as Carpenter didn't go into the reasons why. Look at Loomis speech, he days there's no reason what was behind that boys eyes was simply evil. Theres the mystique.

Maybe more that to be honest

Monte
10-15-2013, 11:42 AM
That's bollocks though cause the mystique was there in the first one intended or nit and tbh I think it was intended as Carpenter didn't go into the reasons why. Look at Loomis speech, he days there's no reason what was behind that boys eyes was simply evil. Theres the mystique.

Wasn't that ruined with the first Halloween II?

Stebob1984
10-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Wasn't that ruined with the first Halloween II?

Actually after I agreed mire with SAW'ed off that it was maybe more ruined as a chance to reintroduce it but either way there was always something more to Michael, we dud not know why he wanted to kill his sister etc even with all the sequels so there was always sone mystique there. In the Zombie versions he's just a messed up kid with a bad family.

Roswell
10-15-2013, 12:11 PM
...but either way there was always something more to Michael, we dud not know why he wanted to kill his sister etc even with all the sequels so there was always sone mystique there.

Halloween 6?

Monte
10-15-2013, 12:23 PM
I probably need to watch RZH1 again, but I didn't feel like his messed-up family was really meant to explain him. It's certainly there for him to react to, but I don't think the movie is trying to say it's what made him what he is. And since it's not connected to the original Michael Myers, I don't know what's so upsetting about it anyway. Also, why is it that every thread somehow becomes "I'm gonna figure out a way of making this discussion be about how much Rob Zombie sucks"?

Roswell
10-15-2013, 12:35 PM
I probably need to watch RZH1 again, but I didn't feel like his messed-up family was really meant to explain him. It's certainly there for him to react to, but I don't think the movie is trying to say it's what made him what he is.

That's pretty much how I've always felt about it. I think Michael was ALWAYS mentally disturbed. His family life just gave him the opportunity to act upon his murderous impulses. I think that's more evident once he's locked up in Smith's Grove and proceeds to con Deborah, Loomis, and everyone else in the facility. He plays innocent, but it's all an act. When he stabs the nurse and Deborah takes off his mask, we finally see the REAL Michael Myers. Michael was, and always would be, a psychopath.

SAW'ed OFF
10-15-2013, 12:50 PM
do you think in he ever ate any of the animals he killed in H1 as a kid? look at the scene with the polaroid pictures of the dead animals, i swear i seen teeth marks. plus in H2 he chowed down on that dog like he'd had plenty of practice.

Stebob1984
10-15-2013, 01:02 PM
I probably need to watch RZH1 again, but I didn't feel like his messed-up family was really meant to explain him. It's certainly there for him to react to, but I don't think the movie is trying to say it's what made him what he is. And since it's not connected to the original Michael Myers, I don't know what's so upsetting about it anyway. Also, why is it that every thread somehow becomes "I'm gonna figure out a way of making this discussion be about how much Rob Zombie sucks"?

Well we see him with the family in one or two moments it's obvious he's been living an that environment a lot longer so it's bound to have an effect on him. Well I wasn't trying to make it into a Zombie sucks thread it's just some can't stand any criticisms against those films. I like parts of RZH1 but as I've said before it's just not my Halloween. I have also give him credit for making Myers scary again which I think he achieved in the remake portion of his first film.

Halloween 6?

Which didn't stick and was retconned by H20.

Roswell
10-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Which didn't stick and was retconned by H20.

It still counts as demystifying him, even if the next two films ignore it.

Stebob1984
10-15-2013, 01:04 PM
do you think in he ever ate any of the animals he killed in H1 as a kid? look at the scene with the polaroid pictures of the dead animals, i swear i seen teeth marks. plus in H2 he chowed down on that dog like he'd had plenty of practice.

We know he the animls in the originals they find is it a squirrel in the first? And rats in HR but it's never implied he did as a kid. I skyways thought he needed to eat as an adult but he couldn't go out to a shop so he ate animals.

Stebob1984
10-15-2013, 01:06 PM
It still counts as demystifying him, even if the next two films ignore it.

Never said it didn't but it not sticking means by H20 the mystery remained as to why he was the way he was.

Roswell
10-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Never said it didn't but it not sticking means by H20 the mystery remained as to why he was the way he was.

That's not the point though. You said none of the sequels revealed why Michael does what he does, which isn't true since Halloween 6 (retcon or not) exists.

And even though Michael may not be a slave to a cult in H20, it still follows the idea that Michael has a compulsive need to kill anyone in his bloodline, which is more of an explanation than exists in the original.

Stebob1984
10-15-2013, 01:23 PM
That's not the point though. You said none of the sequels revealed why Michael does what he does, which isn't true since Halloween 6 (retcon or not) exists.

And even though Michael may not be a slave to a cult in H20, it still follows the idea that Michael has a compulsive need to kill anyone in his bloodline, which is more of an explanation than exists in the original.

Well tbh I forgot about 6 so I was wrong but the fact he kills in the bloodline isn't really a reason as to why he snaps. We still don't know why Michael feels the need to kill his siblings.

SAW'ed OFF
10-16-2013, 08:59 AM
We know he the animls in the originals they find is it a squirrel in the first?
what?

they show him kill his pet rat in his bathroom at the beginning. then when his mom is at the school, the principal hands her a bunch of pictures of dead animals, which i recall looking like cats and dogs, and said he got it from Michael's backpack.

Roswell
10-16-2013, 09:38 AM
what?

they show him kill his pet rat in his bathroom at the beginning. then when his mom is at the school, the principal hands her a bunch of pictures of dead animals, which i recall looking like cats and dogs, and said he got it from Michael's backpack.

He's talking about the original, when Loomis and Brackett find a dead dog that's been chewed on in the Myers house.

Mortimur Grimm
10-17-2013, 12:33 AM

Ah, now that was nicely put.

Bogeyman666
06-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Nothing upset me in the sad sense, but the rape scene really bothers me. It feels out of placed and uncalled for. Also it's disturbing.