PDA

View Full Version : october 31, JC's or RZ's HALLOWEEN

horrorfreak123
09-06-2007, 07:50 PM
(searched for this thread I couldn't find one so here goes)
As a tradition I always watch the movie on Halloween night, so I was just wondering now that there's a remake in the mix, which one will you guys, (for the people that watch the movie on Halloween) watch, for me I will still always watch the original, maybe RZ's version afterwards but JC's will always be the movie stuck in my head on Halloween, What about you guys?

MichaelMyers04
09-06-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm going to watch them both. I like to watch 1 Halloween movie every night leading up 'till Halloween, and this year is no different (just sucks that it won't be out on dvd by then; oh well, hopefully the second-run cinema's will have them); I'm just going to watch this at the end of the marathon (in order of their releases).

Todd
09-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Both, back to back.
The workprint version of the new movie, anyway.

Patrick1679
09-06-2007, 08:11 PM
I'll watch H1, H2 and RZ's Halloween.

Frazetta
09-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Both...hopefully Halloween will still be in theatres by then.

Rich
09-06-2007, 08:22 PM
I'll watch the original. I don't see myself every watching Rob's ever again.

DarthMyers
09-06-2007, 08:29 PM
The original

Superman
09-06-2007, 08:32 PM
The original...no question about it.

Cotton Weary
09-06-2007, 08:38 PM
probably both of them.

4BarrelHemi
09-06-2007, 08:45 PM
original

The Dark Shape
09-06-2007, 08:46 PM
The good one.

First person to quote this and say "Rob Zombie's? :bastard:" gets slapped.

RazorBlade101
09-06-2007, 08:51 PM
John Carpenters Already won before I even finnished reading the question.

But I usually watch the whole series the whole weak ...

Rob Zombies Halloween wont still be in the movies by then ... Probably not on DVD niether.

Brandon Real
09-06-2007, 09:28 PM
The good one.

First person to quote this and say "Rob Zombie's? :bastard:" gets slapped.

Rob Zombies?:hallow:

Halloweenfun
09-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Of course John Carpenter's Halloween 1... The new Zombie movie has no suspense at all. His story about where Michael came from and why he became what he is today was ok but it took away the mysterious side of Michael and gave him a reason to be a killer. I liked it better when we didn't know why and who he was and when he was going to kill. Suspense!!!

Myers-89
09-07-2007, 07:24 AM
If RZ's is still in theaters by then, I'll go see that one. If not, then I'll be watching John Carpenter's Halloween. I always watch the original around Halloween time anyway.

The Kilted One
09-07-2007, 07:27 AM
John Carpenter's, all the way. That's been a staple for me for 19 years. Might watch Rob's too, but John's will always be The Halloween, as far as I'm concerned.

ragethorn
09-07-2007, 07:58 AM
I will always watch John Carpenter's Halloween before Rob Zombie's.

Rob Zombie's Halloween is nothing but a simple and decent tribute in a form of a remake to John Carpenter's film. That's all.

renee30152
09-07-2007, 08:15 AM
The orginal. Since RZ's won't be out, I will watch it next year on Halloween.
I am having a Halloween movie marathon that week. :D

Roswell
09-07-2007, 08:17 AM
I doubt Zombie's Halloween will be out on DVD at that point, so I'll probably just have my marathon of Halloween, Halloween III, Halloween 4, and Halloween: 25 Years Of Terror.

JamieLloydFan
09-07-2007, 08:32 AM
I think I will sit back with some pumpkin soup a bottle of red wine and watch both versions.

ragethorn
09-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Halloween III

Oh my...

Khan
09-07-2007, 08:41 AM
The orginal.

jna
09-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Halloween 1,2,4,H2O and then go see RZ's again.

ragethorn
09-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Halloween 1,2,4,H2O and then go see RZ's again.

FACT! : jna has good taste in Halloween films. :bow:

hemmy
09-07-2007, 08:56 AM
I will probably watch every Halloween except Resurrection on Halloween day/night.

Roswell
09-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Oh my...

Whatevs, little man. I'm going to enjoy me some H3 come Halloween. :nodsmile:

Psych0ticNemes1s
09-07-2007, 09:11 AM
I will never let this film show on my tv on or around Halloween.

Psych0ticNemes1s
09-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Whatevs, little man. I'm going to enjoy me some H3 come Halloween. :nodsmile:

You and I both Mark.

ChrisYorkville
09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
The good one.

Dominique Othenin-Girard's? :bastard:

TheShape 10/31
09-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Every Halloween, the routine is the same....John Carpenter's Halloween...Halloween II....and finally Haloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers.

The best 3 films in the series by far.

horrorcore
09-07-2007, 12:39 PM
i plan on watching all of them

Myers Insurance
09-07-2007, 01:09 PM
The good one.

Resurrection ftw.

Ravenheart
09-07-2007, 01:36 PM
I won't have RZ's Halloween this year so I'll be going with JC's again but next year I'm not sure.I might watch both next Halloween.

HannibalBEATNGU
09-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I'll be surprised if RZH is still in theatres by the end of October. I'm sure I'll watch several Halloweens, RZH most likely won't be among them though.

"Dominique Othenin-Girard's?"

Compared to his Omen movie, his Halloween one is as Loomis would say, "a fucking masterpiece."

MyersFan75
09-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Compared to his Omen movie, his Halloween one is as Loomis would say, "a fucking masterpiece."

Where did "fucking" come into play?

HannibalBEATNGU
09-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Where did "fucking" come into play?

I believe that was Loomis line from the film describing his book.

mikull
09-07-2007, 07:55 PM
My wife and I have watched Halloween and Halloween II for years on that night, and that's probably never going change.

RZ's Halloween didn't feel like Halloween to either of us- so I doubt it will become a staple of the holiday tradition.

Casper
09-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Well if i feel liked getting scared rz but to enjoy a kickass original horror definitly jc

myerslilBRO
09-07-2007, 08:12 PM
I watch all the halloween movies on halloween night....and if zombie's is still in theaters or whatever then that will be included in my little tradition as well

mmyers78
09-08-2007, 04:14 AM
I'd watch both, but since it wont be out on dvd by then, i will do what i usually do and watch H1, H2, H3, and H4

jbyrd123
09-08-2007, 04:45 AM
I like to watch parts I and II back to back, I do it every Halloween then if I could I'd watch zombies halloween.

MyersFan75
09-08-2007, 05:29 AM
I believe that was Loomis line from the film describing his book.

Nope. No expletive in that line, surprisingly.

It was "I read that book. It was a masterpiece."

samhain51
09-08-2007, 05:39 AM
This is a great thread . I am still going to have to stick with the original. Even though I try to watch one Halloween per day in October!

halo thirty one
09-10-2007, 11:54 AM
It's easier to say which Halloween movies I won't be watching this Halloween; Halloween 5, 6 and 8.

wyatt s
09-10-2007, 01:44 PM
It was "I read that book. It was a masterpiece."

I like that line. I didn't catch it the first viewing but I did in my second and it made me laugh a tiny little bit. I don't think it was so much the line as it was the delivery though.

Anyhoo, I have to say that I'll probably end up watching both JC's Halloween and RZ's Halloween on the 31st from this point on. Watching the original has been tradition with me and my older (and thankfully the younger from what I understand) siblings for years, and will remain as such. But I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to watch this one as well.

Towelman
09-10-2007, 02:22 PM
You and I both Mark.

Thirded! October wouldn't be the same without Conal Cochran.

killersweets
10-10-2007, 07:16 PM
all the halloweens EXCEPT rz that movie was a waste of my time and money

ThornMember83
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
i watched zombie's halloween to last me awhile for now. I'll prob end up watching them if i catch them on tv. I have seen them so many times i doubt i'll put on one of the dvd's.

Patrick1679
10-10-2007, 08:13 PM
I plan on watching ONLY Halloween and Halloween II.

As far as i'm concerned those are the ONLY ones worth watching. True classics.

Halloween 4 - 8.... CRAP. :lame:

I wouldn't see H4 & H5 in the theatre if it was $.50! :crazy:

TheShape'78
10-10-2007, 09:52 PM
how're you gonna dis H4 like that.

and,

HII... a classic? a good scary movie, but i wouldn't go as far as calling it a classic. HALLOWEEN is a classic, none of the sequels are deserving of that title since they were just products of what was popular at the times in which they were made.

-mitch-

Patrick1679
10-10-2007, 10:59 PM
how're you gonna dis H4 like that.

and,

HII... a classic? a good scary movie, but i wouldn't go as far as calling it a classic. HALLOWEEN is a classic, none of the sequels are deserving of that title since they were just products of what was popular at the times in which they were made.

-mitch-

I know there are alot of people here that like H4 but I have to be honest. I thought the movie sucked. The direction it took as well as the performance of Michael Myers. That was NOT Michael Myers. It was a joke. Watch H1 & H2 then watch H4. It's like comparing a mercedes to a volkswagon. Now this is my opinion. If you enjoyed H4 i'm thrilled. But for me it was disappointing. Each sequel got progressively worse. Interestingly, they pretty much go in order as far the best to worst!

As far as Halloween II being a classic...absolutely. Again, my opinion. But EVERYONE that I talk to said Halloween & Halloween II were great. They both scared the crap out of them. This seems to be a consensus to me. These people are the average movie goer and not "die hard" fans like us.

To me HI & H2 are bookends. It's the same movie with the same style and feel. The lighting, mood and feel of the films are similar. It's a toss up for me deciding which one I like better. I love them both and consider them "one movie."

If H4 had the same style as 1 & 2 it could have been great. But the whole "feel" was completely different for me. It felt "plastic" and not scary or dangerous like the first two. So when i'm in the mood to watch a Halloween movie i'm putting 1 or 2 on. That's it. To me the rest are just regular horror movies.

This is how I feel. :dunno:

TheShape'78
10-10-2007, 11:31 PM
I know there are alot of people here that like H4 but I have to be honest. I thought the movie sucked. The direction it took as well as the performance of Michael Myers. That was NOT Michael Myers. It was a joke. Watch H1 & H2 then watch H4. It's like comparing a mercedes to a volkswagon. Now this is my opinion. If you enjoyed H4 i'm thrilled. But for me it was disappointing. Each sequel got progressively worse. Interestingly, they pretty much go in order as far the best to worst!

As far as Halloween II being a classic...absolutely. Again, my opinion. But EVERYONE that I talk to said Halloween & Halloween II were great. They both scared the crap out of them. This seems to be a consensus to me. These people are the average movie goer and not "die hard" fans like us.

To me HI & H2 are bookends. It's the same movie with the same style and feel. The lighting, mood and feel of the films are similar. It's a toss up for me deciding which one I like better. I love them both and consider them "one movie."

If H4 had the same style as 1 & 2 it could have been great. But the whole "feel" was completely different for me. It felt "plastic" and not scary or dangerous like the first two. So when i'm in the mood to watch a Halloween movie i'm putting 1 or 2 on. That's it. To me the rest are just regular horror movies.

This is how I feel. :dunno:

atmospherically (as far as lighting and tone), H4 had more in common w/ HALLOWEEN than HII did. i love HII, don't get me wrong, but it is in the same boat as H4 (they are entertaining sequels, nothing more). i like dick warlocks portrayal of the shape but, if we are going to get into who was michael myers then, none of them are. nick castle is michael myers, he is the shape. i mean if you are gonna pick on H4 for having a different michael, then you have to harp on HII aswell cos dick played the shape very differently from castle. i used to think H1 and HII as one big movie, but once you realize how different they are (as far as atmosphere, blood, portrayal of the shape, and character reactions changing) it is hard to see them as a continuous film. it is a continuous story, yes, but the films are very different.

-mitch-

Patrick1679
10-10-2007, 11:44 PM
I thought Dick Warlock was great as the SHAPE. Nick Castle will always be #1. But I think Dick was 1a. The mask was great in H2. The mask looked like a "doll" in H4. I remember I almost fell out of my chair laughing when they showed Jamie dreaming that Michael was in her room standing next to the mirror. It was awful.

The beginning of H4 was really good. I loved how they opened with Dr Loomis going to the mental hospital and them transferring Myers. It was a great sequence. The gas station sequence was a little too dramatic with the explosion. But the idea of Michael being in the house with them locked in was great. But they dropped the ball. There were spotty moments that were ok in the movie but for me it COULD have been great if they stayed with the original style.

Halloween 4 did have the best atmosphere out of all the sequels that followed it but it pales in comparison to H2. IMO.

Michael just wasn't scary in H4. I thought Shanks did a really good job as Myers in H5 but the mask was ridiculous. He played him really well. There were some good scenes in H5. The barn was great. That was scary. Also, when he was out in the daylight. When he was walking behind the idiot in the car when he was doing something with his hair. That was cool. He had the walk down pat. Then the laundry shoot scene. That was great. But everything else sucked.

Pepperkin
10-11-2007, 12:42 AM
The original for sure. The same reason i would rather watch the first TCM over the remake with Biel.

I agree with you Shape '78 about H4.
I do like Halloween 2 as well though.

TheShape'78
10-11-2007, 01:11 AM
The original for sure. The same reason i would rather watch the first TCM over the remake with Biel.

I agree with you Shape '78 about H4.
I do like Halloween 2 as well though.

as do i.

I thought Dick Warlock was great as the SHAPE. Nick Castle will always be #1. But I think Dick was 1a. The mask was great in H2. The mask looked like a "doll" in H4. I remember I almost fell out of my chair laughing when they showed Jamie dreaming that Michael was in her room standing next to the mirror. It was awful.

The beginning of H4 was really good. I loved how they opened with Dr Loomis going to the mental hospital and them transferring Myers. It was a great sequence. The gas station sequence was a little too dramatic with the explosion. But the idea of Michael being in the house with them locked in was great. But they dropped the ball. There were spotty moments that were ok in the movie but for me it COULD have been great if they stayed with the original style.

Halloween 4 did have the best atmosphere out of all the sequels that followed it but it pales in comparison to H2. IMO.

Michael just wasn't scary in H4. I thought Shanks did a really good job as Myers in H5 but the mask was ridiculous. He played him really well. There were some good scenes in H5. The barn was great. That was scary. Also, when he was out in the daylight. When he was walking behind the idiot in the car when he was doing something with his hair. That was cool. He had the walk down pat. Then the laundry shoot scene. That was great. But everything else sucked.

yeah dick warlock was a scary shape, he is one of my favorites. i think i may be putting off a vibe like i don't like HII, but trust that is not what i am saying. i am merely making the point the original is a classic, but all the sequels that follow (as good a scary movie they may be) are just fun scary entertainment (none of the sequels do anything special to earn the title "classic". they all follow, pretty much, the same formula laid out in the original film). the original was new and innovative, the sequels were formulaic. HII is a great horror/slasher film, very creepy, but it's not H1.

-mitch-

scoob
10-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Halloween I, II and III for me are tradition.
Have to have the soundtracks playing all day aswell.
Shame the Banks score for the latest is not out yet.
I will have a few beers aswell and probably watch the others but depending on how I feel at time will probably skip a few scenes.
As much as I like H20, it doesnt really have that Halloween feel like the first three or even four have. Then, none of the movies after the third have that feeling that I crave.

I will give the Zombie version a run out but if it's not got a Halloween feel to me, so I will probably watch it Halloween Eve.

renee30152
10-12-2007, 06:47 PM
I will be watching the orginal this Halloween and next Halloween a marathon of all the movies including RZ's.

Trossi3389
10-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Buddy just burned me a copy of RZ's.. don't know how good the quality is but i'll be running both multiple times this halloween. :nodsmile:

Asprin
10-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I usually watch 1, 2 and 3 on Halloween. But for Christmas I watch all of them in order including RHPS. Gotta have something positive at the end of all the killin' kind of want to ballance out my karma.

Silverpsycho
10-13-2007, 01:04 AM
The original is a must every Halloween but I try and get all the sequels in so I'm sure the remake will become a part of my HalloweeN line-up tradition as well. :hugegrin:

renee30152
10-13-2007, 04:04 PM
AMC will be a fixture in the morning for me. :D

Shane
10-14-2007, 08:20 AM
On Halloween, it'll be AMC all during the day, for me.
I'd like to be able to watch Halloween 1 and 2 at night if I have time. Maybe even 3 or 4.

matthew28
10-30-2007, 05:14 AM
There were spotty moments that were ok in the movie but for me it COULD have been great if they stayed with the original style.

Are You talking about part 2 here? Because Halloween 4's atmosphere,tone and setting were closer to the original.

Halloween 2 is a good movie.Classic?Um...no.

It does not have the same feel of the original,and the plot ,I'm sorry to say ,is a little one dimensional.

Halloween 4 ,IMO, is a great sequal,and by far my favorite sequal after part 1.Danielle Harris was awesome(Especially for her age).The plot and charactors(Loomis,Jamie,Rachel) were more fleshed out,and sympathetic.Halloween 2 at times seems like it wanted to be a Friday the 13th movie ,which is kind of like Micheal Jordan aspiring to play basketball like a sixth grader.It had disposable charactors,and very little plot to stand on it's own ,without Halloween 1.

Halloween 4 had some disposable charactors(I'm looking at You Brady...;) ),but the main cast was pretty tight,and the twist ending makes you wonder what the hell happens to Jamie and the others after the movie ends.

I don't hate part 2 ,I enjoy it for what it was ,but to imply that it is above part 4 by any signifigant measure is kind of misleading.

halo thirty one
10-30-2007, 07:40 AM
My girlfriend is excited to see the work-print so we will probably end up watching Halloween '07, along with Halloweens 1-7 (minus part 3, because I STILL don't own it, and part 6 because we don't care for it.)

renee30152
10-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Are You talking about part 2 here? Because Halloween 4's atmosphere,tone and setting were closer to the original.

Halloween 2 is a good movie.Classic?Um...no.

It does not have the same feel of the original,and the plot ,I'm sorry to say ,is a little one dimensional.

Halloween 4 ,IMO, is a great sequal,and by far my favorite sequal after part 1.Danielle Harris was awesome(Especially for her age).The plot and charactors(Loomis,Jamie,Rachel) were more fleshed out,and sympathetic.Halloween 2 at times seems like it wanted to be a Friday the 13th movie ,which is kind of like Micheal Jordan aspiring to play basketball like a sixth grader.It had disposable charactors,and very little plot to stand on it's own ,without Halloween 1.

Halloween 4 had some disposable charactors(I'm looking at You Brady...;) ),but the main cast was pretty tight,and the twist ending makes you wonder what the hell happens to Jamie and the others after the movie ends.

I don't hate part 2 ,I enjoy it for what it was ,but to imply that it is above part 4 by any signifigant measure is kind of misleading.

I agree with you. Halloween 2 is a good movie but not a classic as Halloween is. Halloween 4 is an awesome movie though. :D

Kinick
10-30-2007, 08:16 AM
I never really enjoy watching Halloween 2 as much as some of the others - especially on Halloween - because Halloween is over. It's just more of 'the night'.

H4 is much more enjoyable because it's fresh and has an awesome Halloween (the season) atmosphere, just like H6... and both those movies capture the autumn/Halloween feel even more than the original does.

So for that reason, H1 followed by H4 and H20 are my favourites to watch on Halloween. (And I just noticed I posted this in the wrong thread!)

BuiltForTheKill
10-30-2007, 09:38 AM
The only correct answer is Carpenter's film.

JWILL2
11-02-2007, 07:24 AM
Def JC's Halloween...RZ's Halloween just didn't do it for me...

JWILL2
11-02-2007, 07:27 AM
I never really enjoy watching Halloween 2 as much as some of the others - especially on Halloween - because Halloween is over. It's just more of 'the night'.

H4 is much more enjoyable because it's fresh and has an awesome Halloween (the season) atmosphere, just like H6... and both those movies capture the autumn/Halloween feel even more than the original does.

So for that reason, H1 followed by H4 and H20 are my favourites to watch on Halloween. (And I just noticed I posted this in the wrong thread!)

I love Halloween movies that capture the Halloween season atmosphere..but more of the night was on Halloween...I thought it had a good atmosphere watching Michael walk around the town seeing trick or treaters the elrods watching horror movies...I thought H2 had a good halloween feel, maybe cause I can see something like that happening in my neighborhood..but thats just me

Funkybeat
11-03-2007, 07:35 PM
I think H2 actually had the BEST Halloween feel, simply because it's the only one that takes place entirely at night.

MrShape666
11-12-2007, 11:06 PM
I watched the original this past Halloween, but this time I got to see it on Blue Ray! Halloween night and high def heaven.

I have a funny story about watching the film on Halloween. One year I was at home watching Halloween. I have my video stuff weird to my stero for full stereo sound, and I had it turned up loud. A couple of kids from accross the streat name Luca and Issac showed up at the door, right at the scene were Laurie gets her "chewing" phone call from Annie, which was blasted through my speakers. When Laurie asked "Hello? Hello? Who is this?", one of them cheerfully answered "It's Luca and Issac.", thinking it was someone inside the house that asked it.

THEGUY26
11-16-2007, 02:17 AM
I watch the original, all the sequels, the I would watch Zombie's. I wouldn't watch Halloween 3, that was the shittiest movie I have ever started to watch.

slasher
11-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Oct 31st? The original Halloween followed up by H2 and H20.

:yar:

F@@@inlovemyers
11-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I watch the original, all the sequels, the I would watch Zombie's. I wouldn't watch Halloween 3, that was the shittiest movie I have ever started to watch.

H3 was a pretty good movie and if you didn't watch the whole thing you should.

Oct 31st? The original Halloween followed up by H2 and H20.

ME too. :nodsmile:

renee30152
11-18-2007, 09:54 AM

QUOTE]

So true. Espically the opening sequence. It is my favorite opening out of all the movies. All those creepy scenes are just well.... creepy.

[QUOTE=MrShape666;623891]I

I have a funny story about watching the film on Halloween. One year I was at home watching Halloween. I have my video stuff weird to my stero for full stereo sound, and I had it turned up loud. A couple of kids from accross the streat name Luca and Issac showed up at the door, right at the scene were Laurie gets her "chewing" phone call from Annie, which was blasted through my speakers. When Laurie asked "Hello? Hello? Who is this?", one of them cheerfully answered "It's Luca and Issac.", thinking it was someone inside the house that asked it.

Very funny. :nodsmile:
I still can't believe that Halloween is over and it is almost Chrissy. Then the dreaded spring and summer....

mattc_85
11-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Next Halloween I will stick to the original movies. H1, 4, and 6 will be played the most. No RZH.

renee30152
11-18-2007, 10:07 AM
I will defnitly play RZ's Halloween along with all the rest of the movies. Maybe AMC will own all the movies and play them in order.

Roswell
11-18-2007, 11:34 AM
I'll play both films on the 31st if I can.

halloweenfan07
11-26-2007, 10:34 PM
both of them rock in ther own way

MrShape666
11-28-2007, 02:08 AM
My dream Halloween would be to have one of those holodecks from Star Trek and I could spend all night with some friends going into and participating in all nine films. That would be cool.

Hey, a fan can dream, can't he?

onerichman
12-04-2007, 05:51 AM
The original Halloween!

James M
12-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Halloween (original) and Halloween II on Halloween are always a must. Back to back.

MichaelFox
04-20-2009, 11:13 PM
This time, I'm going to have to go with the original Halloween! Its a classic. From that, everyone knows Michael Myers.

Lord Thurisaz
04-20-2009, 11:15 PM
I'll probably watch both. With Halloween II in between. :bastard:

Diamond Wings
04-22-2009, 06:05 AM
I usually watch the whole shebang throughout October, but on the 31st, there's no doubt in my mind, it'll be the original. NO DOUBT.

heavymetal
04-22-2009, 06:34 AM
I love the entire line-up, -H3 cuz i dont own it yet.

Back in Oct. 06, I only owned the H1. On vhs sadly enough lol. But was able to catch most of the series on AMC's Monsterfest that year. That year's Monsterfest had a great lineup.

As far as atmospheres go, I think 1,4, and 6 blow all the rest out of the water, and maybe that's why they're my 3 favorites....with H2 following closely.

Danny Strode
04-22-2009, 06:50 AM
This time, I'm going to have to go with the original Halloween! Its a classic. From that, everyone knows Michael Myers.

Says the guy who unloaded in the "Worst Michael" thread that Castle represented the worst. :p

darkstanley
04-22-2009, 07:21 AM
same with me, although i think im going to freakers ball this year(metal concert on halloween)

I usually watch the whole shebang throughout October, but on the 31st, there's no doubt in my mind, it'll be the original. NO DOUBT.

heavymetal
04-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Says the guy who unloaded in the "Worst Michael" thread that Castle represented the worst. :p

Woah, what? There's a worst Michael thread? Where is this? Lol that should be some good stuff.

Khan
04-22-2009, 10:36 AM

And also pretty much said that the original sucked.

80sJEM
12-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Sorry, Zombie, but Carpenter wins! EVERY October 31st, ALWAYS JCH!

AMC plays most of the Halloweens over and over for about the WHOLE week or so leading up to the 31st, so I watch all of them if there's nothing else on the other channels--if there is, I switch back and forth at commercials. But every Halloween night, right after dinner, I have my videos of H4, HII, and of COURSE HalloweeN, in that order. The best saved for last! I don't need anything else for my perfect Halloween night complete with popcorn, candy, Diet Coke, and my favorite pajamas. Of course, this PAST Halloween RZH was on Spike so I caught it, but I wanted to see how different it was than being stuck on Syfy (that shitass channel, just like all of the others that USED to be GEMS). I wasn't too disappointed, but as a matter of fact it was on literally about half an hour before HalloweeN was on AMC so I was actually going back and forth between THOSE! I definitely had my HalloweeN overload THIS year, and I'm DAMN happy about it!:bow:

Halloweenfan80
03-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Rob Zombie's

Captain Mal
03-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Not trying to bash RZH but there just isn't any scenario I can think of where it'd be a preferable option to JCH.

Michael Voorhees
03-05-2013, 11:50 AM
I always watch both. I can't nor do I try to choose between the two, because I love both for many reasons. Is the remake as grandeur as the original? No, but is it better than a shit-load of other horror remakes & modern horror movies in general? Hell fuck yes.

Even if I don't get a chance to watch any of the others, I make sure I watch both the original & the remake on Oct. 31st.

80sJEM
03-05-2013, 06:22 PM
I always plan my big night with the original (on DVD now, thank goodness, the poor tape won't last much longer) complete with popcorn and candy, but later on in the night RZH has managed to be on Spike or SyFy or MTV so I can watch most of it. I'll be totally fair to it, but the original wins the highest honor of being the official movie of Halloween night every time.

Michael Voorhees
03-05-2013, 06:31 PM
I just set out to watch as many horror movies on Halloween night as possible. I guess I don't ever think about just watching one, seems less fun that way (imo), especially since I own the entire series.

Michaelvoorhees
03-07-2013, 03:55 PM
I watched the original so many times as a kid that I have no interest in watching it again for a long long time, even though I love it. I'm trying not to make the same mistake with zombie's remakes, though I think zombie's part 2 is perfect for Halloween night, mostly because it doesn't look like california

Halloweenfan80
01-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Rob Zombie's Halloween

blacksymbiote
03-14-2014, 04:22 PM
I end up with both, but if I had to choose it would be the original.

HalloweenDragon
03-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Definitely John Carpenter's Halloween.

Every Halloween night when the movie is done, I peek outside my window knowing that "Oh yeah, he's out there."

Halloweenfan80
08-27-2014, 06:03 AM
Rob Zombie's Halloween

The Frightmaster
08-27-2014, 06:39 AM
On the 31st I will always choose the original. I can't stand the remake, haven't watched it in years

Thorni52
08-27-2014, 07:58 AM
I always end up watching the original, followed by RZH2. It's hard for me to watch the remake and enjoy it without being highly critical the entire time. Every time my brother and I try and sit down to watch that movie, we end up pausing it multiple times and picking it to pieces. RZH2 is a better sequel to me then the 1981 film ever was and I think Halloween (1978) and Halloween 2 (2009), despite being different movies entirely, are fantastic companion pieces. Both films are very much about "fate", albiet one is very surreal and bizarre. RZH2 is also the more sensible, logical and inspired follow up to what a post 1978 Halloween Laurie Strode would be like.

Monte
08-27-2014, 09:45 AM
I'd never watch either of the RZ Halloweens. As movies, I appreciate aspects of them, especially the second one, but their tone is far too grim and serious for the kind of mood I'm in on Halloween night.

MSamHainM
08-27-2014, 10:06 AM
I do something weird but it works for me and it hasn't failed me yet.

October 28 - Rob Zombie's Halloween
October 29 - Rob Zombie's Halloween II
October 30 - Halloween III: Season of the Witch
October 31 - Halloween All Night Marathon

For the past four/five years I have always watched Halloween's 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and H20 on an all night Halloween marathon. I was debating on whether or not I should do it this year because last year I had work the next morning and it did not end well. It was a mistake on my part. I usually have always taken November 1 off from work but it slipped my mind last year. But now that I have my all new Blu-Ray player and new television (thank you EOTL for convincing me), I know that the tradition will continue and this might be best one yet for me. I honestly don't know how I manage to stay up in the dark (with one candle lit) but somehow I manage to do so.

It might sound crazy but I'm not ashamed of it at all!

On a side note: I don't watch Resurrection - I can't even recall the last time I watched that one.