PDA

View Full Version : If Matthew McGrory was still alive...

ragethorn
09-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Do you think Rob Zombie would've chose him to play Michael Myers?

He plays Tiny in his first 2 films but unfortunately he passed away at the age of 32 from natural causes.

I think he would've made an interesting choice.

Roswell
09-06-2007, 06:39 PM
I doubt he would have played Michael, even if he was still alive. He had a lot of health problems over the years, and I don't think he would have been in the right physical condition to play Michael.

Khan
09-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Yeah, his health wouldn't have allowed for it.

wyatt s
09-06-2007, 07:24 PM
I echoe the sentiments of those who say that his health would have prevented it. He just would not have been in the right physical condition to play the role.

MrShape666
09-07-2007, 11:51 PM
I doubt it. Matt's unique psychical shape, and various deformeties wouldn've made a Micheal that was way too different. Could you really see the mask being held at an angle the whole time?

I met Matt at a convention a few months before he died. Cool as shit, I was very sad to hear that he'd passed.

Myers Insurance
09-09-2007, 10:43 AM
He was way too tall to do it imo. People with height issues like he had usually die at a young age, and I think if he died after RZH that they would've had a hard time finding someone else to do it for the possible sequel. His health was also bad too.

mmyers78
09-09-2007, 02:15 PM
He was way too tall to do it imo. People with height issues like he had usually die at a young age, and I think if he died after RZH that they would've had a hard time finding someone else to do it for the possible sequel. His health was also bad too.

agreed

HannibalBEATNGU
09-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I think Rob would've chosen him if he were still here and capable of it, they were really close and he tends to cast his friends in his movies.

In the months prior to his death, he was in a wheel chair much of the time and having breathing problems, so even if he were, as others have mentioned, I doubt he'd be able to play Michael.

He even needed a body double for the scene where Tiny drags the woman through the woods at the beginning of TDR because, although his foot was hurt at the time.

Frazetta
09-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I think Rob would've chosen him if he were still here and capable of it, they were really close and he tends to cast his friends in his movies.
He might have cast him in the movie (Smith's Grove patient...) but noway it would have been for the Michael Myers role. I'm pretty sure Mane was always Rob's only choice too.

HannibalBEATNGU
09-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Mane was Rob's only choice because he tends to cast his friends, and Matt passed on long before he got the project.

Frazetta
09-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Mane was Rob's only choice because he tends to cast his friends, and Matt passed on long before he got the project. And as I said he would have probably cast McGrory in another smaller role.

ragethorn
09-10-2007, 01:15 PM
But it's an interesting thought none the less.

wyatt s
09-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Mane was Rob's only choice because he tends to cast his friends, and Matt passed on long before he got the project.

He does cast his friends, but not always in particularly large roles. Obviously he had to cast the people from H01000C in large roles in DR because it was a sequel following the same characters. But if you look at Halloween even though he cast a good portion of them none of them, aside from Mane and I suppose you could argue his wife, had large roles. In fact the good majority of them were only on screen for a matter of minutes, where as the good majority of the large roles were people he hadn't worked with before. That leads me to believe he would have more likely cast him in a smaller role and not as Michael, supposing a world in which Matt could have done the role at all to begin with.

But it's an interesting thought none the less.

Very true indeed. It would certainly have been interesting to see how the characterization worked out on screen. And it would have been even more fun to listen to people bitch about how wildly different it was from anything else.

The Dark Knight
09-10-2007, 02:12 PM
he would have been patient #2 or something like that.

HannibalBEATNGU
09-10-2007, 03:10 PM
And as I said he would have probably cast McGrory in another smaller role.

I doubt it, Rob obviously wanted a huge Michael, and I think McGrory would've been his first choice if the choice were available.

I think Rob would've written his disability into the script too (ie. the bully teasing Michael about how "ugly and weird looking" he is).

TheShape'78
09-10-2007, 04:36 PM
I doubt it, Rob obviously wanted a huge Michael, and I think McGrory would've been his first choice if the choice were available.

I think Rob would've written his disability into the script too (ie. the bully teasing Michael about how "ugly and weird looking" he is).

i honestly don't think rob would've taken it that far.

-mitch-

temp19
09-10-2007, 09:46 PM
The scary thing about Matthew McCrory is I have been to the bar he worked at in West Chester which was called 15 North, I do not know if it is still open now but I remember when he worked there and when I saw Big Fish I always wondered if he was the same guy because they looked so much alike. I never knew he played Tiny in H1KC or TDR though or that he died damn that is a shame he really was a nice guy.

ragethorn
09-11-2007, 02:37 PM
I could either picture him as a patient in Smith's Grove, Michael Myers or as Ismael Cruz (Danny Trejo's part).

razorblade666
09-12-2007, 05:09 AM
I don't think he would've played Michael... considering his physical condition it would be too hard to find a stunt double of that size...