PDA

View Full Version : The inevitable sequel

Dr_Loomis02
09-05-2007, 05:34 PM
So, here are the big questions. One, do you think this film should have a sequel and would you see it?

I'm sure most everyone on these boards would see it, considering most of you have probably seen HR.

But what should the sequel be about? There is the obvious direction of taking it to similar places as HII did, with the hospital, since everyone is all bloodied up.
But who should direct? What about returning characters? What does everyone think?

WhiteZombie
09-05-2007, 05:47 PM
I'd totally see it, Though I'd like Zombei to direct it again. Loomis shouldent be dead. Annie shouldent. Tyler as Myers again.

Roswell
09-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I'd rather there not be a sequel. I'd probably see it though as long as it had an interesting story.

As for what should happen in the sequel, I have no idea.

Khan
09-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Zombie has said that he isn't coming back, and the two picture deal he signed doesn't have to do with the franchise.

No sequel please.

Dimension can't set it in a hospital as the main setting.

Dr_Loomis02
09-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Mcdowell and Tyler Mane are signed though, and from the sounds of it, probably compton-scout.

WhiteZombie
09-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Mcdowell and Tyler Mane are signed though, and from the sounds of it, probably compton-scout.

Mane signed on thinking Rob was too, haha.

bobcat54s
09-05-2007, 05:52 PM
After seeing the film, I really truly believe going in the same direction as part 2 would be great way to finally end the series. This time, Michael does die in the explosion at the end or however it would be done. It would be perfect way to end it. I really was happy with the Zombie version, and I think it would be a fitting end.

Myers Insurance
09-05-2007, 05:58 PM
They can make a Halloween 2, just not with the main hospital plot/setting/etc.

They said they weren't doing one for a while, so we don't have to worry about anything for the time being.

Khan
09-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Mane signed on thinking Rob was too, haha.

Yeah, Scout and Tyler said they only wanted to stay on if Rob did.

McDowell and Mane signed onto two more possible films before the reshoots.

They can make a Halloween 2, just not with the main hospital plot/setting/etc.

They said they weren't doing one for a while, so we don't have to worry about anything for the time being.

Thank you!

Myers-89
09-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I'd rather there not be a sequel. I'm under the impression that Laurie blew Michael's head off in the end. However, if there was to be a sequel, Rob Zombie would absolutely HAVE to be directing it for me to even agree with the concept.

Deckard
09-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I would see it of course....but I wouldn't want them to do it. But, say they didn't have a sequel to THIS...who else thinks it would be weird to suddenly see a HALLOWEEN 9 coming out..a lot of ppl would prolly get confused after this one...they'd be like "where's 2-8"...lol

Khan
09-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Do people even read?

Rob said he was done with it.

Deckard, the old series is dead.

Deckard
09-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Do people even read?

Hey...I'm sure they'd milk money from the old franchise again if they had the chance...or, yeah...they'd probably just shit all over this new one and start making shitty sequel after shitty sequel...

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't ever want the movies to end, but I'm not as psyched about a sequel to this. For this Rob changed MM into a hulking eyesore. MM now a brutal killer, stealth might never be part of the equation again.

WhiteZombie
09-05-2007, 06:10 PM
I don't ever want the movies to end, but I'm not as psyched about a sequel to this. For this Rob changed MM into a hulking eyesore. MM now a brutal killer, stealth might never be part of the equation again.

I think it would be now that the entire police force would problably be after him.

Khan
09-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Hey...I'm sure they'd milk money from the old franchise again if they had the chance...or, yeah...they'd probably just shit all over this new one and start making shitty sequel after shitty sequel...

They had five years to do that.

Casper
09-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Hmm if tyler maneabd and mcdowel signed for another one im like what the hell, lets give it a shot i mean the only halloween i thought was screwed up was 3 lol and thats an exception....I mean they could start it off with michael and laurie falling off the balcony but when laurie woke up michael wasnt there...and the hospital again i wouldnt mind...but hopefully something creative will happen ... differnt

ChrisYorkville
09-05-2007, 06:15 PM
I dont know if im for a sequel or not but im not going to live in denial and say they wont be doing one. There is no way they wont make a sequel.

Trooper#4
09-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Definitely would like a sequel. Hopefully Rob will be busy doing his thing on another movie.

Khan
09-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Hmm if tyler maneabd and mcdowel signed for another one im like what the hell, lets give it a shot i mean the only halloween i thought was screwed up was 3 lol and thats an exception....I mean they could start it off with michael and laurie falling off the balcony but when laurie woke up michael wasnt there...and the hospital again i wouldnt mind...but hopefully something creative will happen ... differnt

The hospital can't happen!

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-05-2007, 06:18 PM
I think it would be now that the entire police force would problably be after him.

That would be kind of exciting, if they extended that part of Halloween 2.

Thing is MM is so effed up now you'd probably need to make him immortal again to make it believable he could still be on the run.

WhiteZombie
09-05-2007, 06:20 PM
That would be kind of exciting, if they extended that part of Halloween 2.

Thing is MM is so effed up now you'd probably need to make him immortal again to make it believable he could still be on the run.

Yeah it would be exciting. And you could always say he directed the shot to the chest, or arm?

Khan
09-05-2007, 06:20 PM
That had been done, and if you take Weinstein's word, it will be "very, very different."

MyersFan927
09-05-2007, 06:23 PM
If RZ's Halloween gets a sequel I will hang my head in shame...then I will truly buy into the lame expression that history repeats itself. There's no reason to tread down the same road. Fuck! The fact that I know it will happen aggravates me.

My preference is a wrap-up sequel that has nothing to do with the remake. That, or end the fucking series and move on. They're not going to do it though.

I'll be more receptive of a remake to the new movie if, at some point, they also go with my hope...for the fans who want some closure. You can't end things off on the sour note of H:R.

WhiteZombie
09-05-2007, 06:27 PM
If RZ's Halloween gets a sequel I will hang my head in shame...then I will truly buy into the lame expression that history repeats itself. There's no reason to tread down the same road. Fuck! The fact that I know it will happen aggravates me.

My preference is a wrap-up sequel that has nothing to do with the remake. That, or end the fucking series and move on. They're not going to do it though.

I'll be more receptive of a remake to the new movie if, at some point, they also go with my hope...for the fans who want some closure. You can't end things off on the sour note of H:R.

I want them to make tons. Tons. I'd like for hell to Zombie to sign back (which i doubt he will), but if not...anything. Myers is timeless. The original will stand strong...I think Michael should be a Dracula type, where tons of different sequels are made. But I think that shouldent happen for a short while.

ragethorn
09-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Great, a brand new series is about to begin and there will be no more room for the original series. On top of that, the way the original series ended was the gayest movie known to man, Ressurection.

Khan
09-05-2007, 06:32 PM
I want them to make tons. Tons. I'd like for hell to Zombie to sign back (which i doubt he will), but if not...anything. Myers is timeless. The original will stand strong...I think Michael should be a Dracula type, where tons of different sequels are made. But I think that shouldent happen for a short while.

But if you do that, we will go into old series territory with three different story lines and Resurrection-level sequels.

LeroyTheGreat38
09-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I voted yes but if there's no sequel it's no big deal. A friend and I were talking about if he should make a sequel and I jokingly said that Rob Zombie is just going to start the whole series over again.

WhiteZombie
09-05-2007, 06:38 PM
But if you do that, we will go into old series territory with three different story lines and Resurrection-level sequels.

People will always respect the original. The starter of it all.

MischievousSpirit
09-05-2007, 06:39 PM
NO... MORE.. SEQUELS.. DAMNIT! NO MORE!!
NO MORE!! NO MORE SEQUELS!!! :bigeyes:

NO MORE SEQUELS!!!!!

MyersFan927
09-05-2007, 06:41 PM
I think Joe has a problem with having sequels, I don't know :p

WhiteZombie
09-05-2007, 06:41 PM

Why not?

horrornut
09-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Do people even read?

Not so fast. Ya know money talks......and don't forget Bill Clinton said he never had sex with that woman. Just cause you say it doesn't mean your serious!!!!:)

Khan
09-05-2007, 06:43 PM
People will always respect the original. The starter of it all.

I know, but I mean that the movies will probably be crappy cash-ins rushed like H5.

Not so fast. Ya know money talks......and don't forget Bill Clinton said he never had sex with that woman. Just cause you say it doesn't mean your serious!!!!

Yeah, they will make the pay cheques bigger and bigger until he says yes.

MischievousSpirit
09-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Why not?

Watch H5-HR. Need I explain more?

horrornut
09-05-2007, 06:49 PM
I know, but I mean that the movies will probably be crappy cash-ins rushed like H5.

Yeah, they will make the pay cheques bigger and bigger until he says yes.
BINGO

Khan
09-05-2007, 06:50 PM
With any series (Freddy, Jason, Michael, Pinhead, Leprechaun, Leatherface), the more movies you make, the worse they get.

BINGO

He did sign a two picture deal, but those films weren't specified.

Towelman
09-05-2007, 06:51 PM

NO MORE SEQUELS!!!!!

You're not being clear enough, do you want one or not?:dunno:

Stop being so vague and cryptic, dammit:confused:

Khan
09-05-2007, 06:54 PM
I think he wants sequels. :bastard:

Towelman
09-05-2007, 06:59 PM
I think he wants sequels. :bastard:

Oh right, gotcha. I knew he was trying to tell us something but it was just too subtle for me.

Inhumane
09-05-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't think there will be a sequel. I do believe there will be another "Halloween" movie, just not following Zombie's film. I believe Bob Weinstein when he says that if there was another "Halloween," it would be very different.

DeanCorso
09-05-2007, 07:37 PM
With any series (Freddy, Jason, Michael, Pinhead, Leprechaun, Leatherface), the more movies you make, the worse they get.

Hummm not exactly...theres one exception....the last Nightmare movie "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" was great...almost equal with the original Nightmare on elm street.

benluvin
09-05-2007, 07:38 PM
The old series is dead. You can't make a sequel to it now. That's like making another TCM movie to the old Franchise. It's over.

Now with that said, I would rather there not be another sequel, but I would definitly see it. We all would, no matter what we say. And if/when there is a sequel, I would rather it not be the same night. And if it was the same night, then I wouldn't want it to be in a hospital setting. Been there done that. Something new.

ten31
09-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Zombie has said that he isn't coming back, and the two picture deal he signed doesn't have to do with the franchise.

No sequel please.

Dimension can't set it in a hospital as the main setting.

There's no reason they can't set it in a Hospital. Dimension doesn't own the rights to H2 but it doesn't mean they can't base the movie off of an idea in H2.

Dr_Loomis02
09-05-2007, 08:48 PM
There's no reason they can't set it in a Hospital. Dimension doesn't own the rights to H2 but it doesn't mean they can't base the movie off of an idea in H2.

Very true. Just because they own the rights that doesn't mean that their ideas can't be in unison with what was done originally in part II. Personally, now that all of the "she's his sister" is out of the way, a sequel might be rather intriguing. They can take it new places...but yes, Michael would have to be immortal, alas "evil never dies." I think a sequel could also help flesh out Loomis, Laurie and now Annie.

ADDICTED
09-06-2007, 01:37 AM
I want a sequal, just not to Rob Zombie's Halloween. I want the next sequal to follow the original films so it would be set after Resurrection

JamieLloydFan
09-06-2007, 02:47 AM

Agreed. now that it apperars that Rob Zombies Halloween is making money a possible deal between the weinsteins, dimension & universal could be struck up. That would open up many different possibilty's.

Personally I dont want to see a another sequel to either continuity. The old series is dead as a dodo. I would prefer if Robs vision just stood as a good companion piece and Homage to John Carpenters Original.

If a sequel to Robs Halloween is greenlit I would prefer if it is 100% original and goes in a different direction from the Original Continutity.

Halloween films and horror films at the moment seem to make money, if this continues I possibly see Halloween as a triliogy. (I Think i could live with that)

ZomBrad
09-06-2007, 02:59 AM
If they do make a sequel, it has to be different. It was easier to keep having Michael come back as The Shape in all the sequels to the original, because that's all we knew he was. But now we know that there IS a person behind the mask, and not some invincible stealthy force, and I'd like to see them continue with an adult Daeg Michael Myers, because that's who I kept envisioning under the mask.

I'd like to see the sequel start off with Michael fucking up RZ's ambigious, yet obvious intention to blow his brains out, and have him move Laurie's aim towards his chest, or shoulder, leading to Michael taking the gun from her hand, and pistol whipping Laurie unconcious. From there, I'd like to see him kidnap her, and take her away to the nearest "lair" (lol), and once again try to connect with her.........this time, without the mask, and talking. That's right, you heard me.......The Shape has been done to death, and been ripped off to death. They should take Zombie's vision of his human side further.

It would be interesting to see Laurie struggle with being held as his prisoner, and learning the truth about who she really is, and possibly, even end up developing Stockholm Syndrome.

If they bring back Loomis, it would be up to him, and possibly with the help of Sheriff Brackett (or even Annie) to find, and save Laurie.

It could be more of a Psychological thriller with horror elements.

I'd definately keep the end of Halloween II, in some form, where Loomis sacrifices himself to rid the world of Michael's evil. It would be more fitting, considering Mcdowell's Loomis' life has turned to shit, all because he wasted his life (became obsessed with) trying to help Michael, and ultimately gave up, and failed at it. Either that, or have a similar end to H2O, where Michael survives Loomis' attack, weakened, and or trapped, and reaches out to Laurie for help, who comes to the realization that he's a lost soul, trapped by his own evil, after looking into the "Devil's Eyes", and either decapitates him with whatever's available, or finally succeeds in what she attempted to do in RZ's remake, and blows his friggin' brains out!

..........then again, I wouldn't want to see another H:R, where somehow Michael switches clothes with a random person >.>

Idk, I think it would be interesting, and it wouldn't be the same rehashed bullshit.

Although, I think the real reason I'd want to see Michael speak, is to come here and watch everyone bitch about it :bastard:

wyatt s
09-06-2007, 03:02 AM
I'm on record as saying that I don't want to see another sequel. I believe I've stated a number of times that I'd rather they stop making the films after the remake, to end it at the beginning so to speak. Unless you can come up with a really fresh and good story, just leave it die.

Although, I think the real reason I'd want to see Michael speak, is to come here and watch everyone bitch about it

For the record, I have no problem with Michael speaking. As long as he doesn't become Freddy, and it serves the story.

Khan
09-06-2007, 03:14 AM

That would be copyright infringement.

wyatt s
09-06-2007, 03:15 AM
Meaning that there is a reason

Khan
09-06-2007, 03:18 AM
I want a sequal, just not to Rob Zombie's Halloween. I want the next sequal to follow the original films so it would be set after Resurrection

The old series is dead.

Meaning that there is a reason

Setting the sequel in a hospital with similar characters would constitute a remake.

alfabit1
09-06-2007, 06:50 AM
Well, I voted yes - and I think most of us would see it regardless. Personally I've been left w/ such a bad taste in my mouth from RZ's film, I do hope they go in a different direction. And really it's just a matter of time, I do think another movie will be made - I don't care what Weinstein said.

I'd love for them to do something along the lines of what was suggested by Zombrad - a psychological thriller mixed w/ horror. Especially if they were going to do a straight sequel. Do something wild like a character driven film :shock:

I wouldn't mind a re-imagining of the re-imagining myself, being that I didn't care for it much. It'd be a jab at RZ, but start off by showing clips from his movie, only to cut back and see it was a fictional movie made to cash in about the halloween murders.

All just crazy thoughts, but what the hell.

myerslilBRO
09-06-2007, 08:35 AM
I think a sequel is inevitable. But I would like for it to go in a different direction...I don't know if I would like it if they picked up at the end of Zombie's film and continued or if everything was set two years later.
Rumors have Malcolm McDowell and Scout Taylor Compton signed on for two more films that involve Rob Zombie's 'Halloween.'
Could it be part of a trilogy? Maybe. And with Annie being alive, they can probably use her to their advantage as well. Maybe Danielle will return for a sequel, too.
It's alot to think about and i don't think we should worry about it now until there is a confirmed announcement.

Khan
09-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Malcolm signed on for two more and Tyler signed on for one more, but that doesn't mean that there will be three movies total, just that they have the actors on standby.

bogey-chaser
09-06-2007, 09:01 AM
I don't know about a sequel, I really don't. I don't know how much you could do with Myers without him eventually changing and not being what people liked most about Myers. Everyone liked the fact that he was mysterious and kept to the shadows and suspenseful, yada yada yada. But, after upteen billion movies, he can't stay in the shadows anymore, folks. We become too familiar with him. Zombie went on and on about how that was the problem with the franchise so he wanted to pull Michael back into the shadows and make him scary again but I think he accomplished the exact OPPOSITE. He made Michael too human, too familiar. I wasn't scared by him, at all. I was bored.

It's kind of the problem that Don Mancini faced with Chucky in the Child's Play movies. After three movies, the "surprise, I'm a killer doll!" angle didn't work anymore. He can't do a movie now where Chucky's mysterious. That's why he had to take a different route, which I respect.

Making remakes is NOT the way to bring the characters back to "the shadows". I don't care how Zombie wants to package his Halloween, I still know what's coming. Not one thing surprised me about this movie. Everything was still the "same old, same old". So, unless Michael starts talking, becomes rehabilitated, or finds a reason to target someone else who's not a family member...what's there really to do with the character? There's his past to exploit, but there's only so much of that to deal with. There's a chance at doing something drastic, to really take the character (and the series) in a new direction, but fans aren't known for liking change. That's what they tried to do with the Thorn - trying to bring a larger story into the picture - and see how THAT turned out. Who knows? It's a tough call to make, either way.

valkyrie131
09-06-2007, 09:31 AM
I completely agree that this Michael just didn't measure up. He was deadly silent and deliberate in the previous movies, almost always killing by crushing the throat or a quick thrust of his knife. The new Michael was too fast and dragged his kills out, like he liked torturing them- UNLIKE the original Michael. He just wasn't Michael...

carruthers
09-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Why is there no "No, it sucked" option as opposed to "No, its unique one of a kind genius must stand alone!"?

And if any Halloween series is dead, I think it's Zombie's. Weinstein all but said so, that he wouldn't do it at all the same way. The TCM remakes and Hills, etc. were picked up on because they did well at the BO as well as critically in some circles (though I hated the TCM remakes). RZH died critically and opened on a Labor Day Weekend, and now the studio head has disowned it. People know the original image of Michael Myers the best; if they go for another film, they'll be going for that.

Psych0ticNemes1s
09-06-2007, 11:23 AM
I hope there isn't a sequel. Although the audience can't be sure that Loomis and Myers are dead, I hope there are so that the Michael Myers saga can end. I don't care what anyone says, this movie did not revive the Michael Myers character.

Reobeem
09-06-2007, 11:51 AM
try something different with the sequel, I want a Michael ghost story to make everyone in the movie paronoid. that way Myers and Loomis can return without a countinuality flaw

mr_casper_sgv
09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Halloween 2 remake? Money talks. anyways I dont know about a sequel but let me tell you this, There will be many more Halloween films, it will never end.

Mechanix1992
09-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I want a trilogy. They should have flash backs of Laurie, and Annie at the hospital, etc, Michael in the morgue, then two-three years later, Laurie and Annie are at college, Michael is revived (?), and comes back. Then Halloween 3, LAURIE KILLS HIM. I want a Halloween 3 with Michael. :P

FooFighters
09-06-2007, 12:35 PM
I would go see it but I totally don't want a sequel.

mr_casper_sgv
09-06-2007, 12:42 PM
imagine they go up to part 3 but they make part 3 the exact same thing as the original. lol damn that would piss fans off.

The Kilted One
09-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Like I always say, these days: Why not go ahead with it. We have so damn many sequals already that it would seem like admitting defeat if we didn't keep the bullshit flowing.

metallicabowler
09-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't want a sequel. The ending to RZ's movie had me so charged up and feeling so great that I wouldn't want it spoiled at all by another movie. I had the same feeling when Laurie chopped off Michael's head at the end of H20 and I wanted it to end there, but then Resurrection killed the perfect ending. Money talks, but I believe Rob Zombie when he says he will not be involved in a sequel. It all depends how Halloween does in the theaters and in the DVD market, we all know this.

And, if you're gonna do a sequel Dimension, do us all a favor and don't make a movie we all have seen before. I know Moustapha Akkad wanted Myers to never ever die, but do us all a favor and kill him.

Khan
09-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Halloween 2 remake? Money talks. anyways I dont know about a sequel but let me tell you this, There will be many more Halloween films, it will never end.

imagine they go up to part 3 but they make part 3 the exact same thing as the original. lol damn that would piss fans off.

For cripes sakes, Dimension doesn't have the rights to H2 or H3!

Fuddle316
09-06-2007, 12:56 PM
I would definately see it...loved RZH and am curious what direction it would go in. Oh by the way...I'm new here - HELLO everyone! :)

Silverpsycho
09-06-2007, 12:57 PM
I said yes to a sequel but I know that the chance of that happening will be a long ways off (if even at all) and I'm happy about that. My stance on things is that I'm just happy seeing Michael on the big screen. Lol, I can't help being a slave to the series...even when it's been sloppy. Sue me, I'm a lost Myers fan who finds something good/entertaining about every HalloweeN released. Resurrection is the movie we all love to hate and the original is the only HalloweeN we really need and truly want. The sequels are just fun and give tribute to our fave villain, Michael Myers.

TheShape66
09-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't believe there should be a sequel. Leave it as it...a stand-alone movie that has a pretty definate (even in both versions) ending.

Even by some chance they do produce a sequel, I'll still see it...

mmyers78
09-06-2007, 03:06 PM
yes i would see a sequel

Khan
09-06-2007, 03:10 PM
I am one of those rare people who don't want to see a million movies made for any given series.

The Frightmaster
09-06-2007, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't mind a sequel. As a matter of fact I would like to see a trilogy. Just as long as Rob doesn't direct anymore, I would be fine with a sequel.

Khan
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
I bet they will change things in the sequel so that it wasn't a .357 Magnum he shot Michael with.

They could use an elephant gun for the sequel!

Jackolantern99
09-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I'd like to see a sequel...only if Laurie is a little older and a little wiser. Part of me wants a sequel using the original concept that was to be used for Halloween 2....set it in a high-rise apartment building?

Todd
09-06-2007, 04:52 PM
If a sequel can be done right, why not?
The series does have to end at some point, though.
Then again,this new movie basically rebooted the franchise, so who knows?

Khan
09-06-2007, 04:55 PM
The reason I am hesitant is that the original series dropped in quality as the movies progressed, so wouldn't the same happen if they started a new series?

Myers Insurance
09-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I think Joe has a problem with having sequels, I don't know :p

And yet he's a fan of Halloween 3, which is technically a sequel. :bastard:

ZomBrad
09-06-2007, 06:39 PM
For the record, I have no problem with Michael speaking. As long as he doesn't become Freddy, and it serves the story.

Me too. I'd like to hear what he'd sound like as an adult. After sitting in a room for 15 years, I'd wonder what crazy thoughts he would've thought of

carruthers
09-06-2007, 07:06 PM
The reason I am hesitant is that the original series dropped in quality as the movies progressed, so wouldn't the same happen if they started a new series?

How much further can it possibly go?

Patrick1679
09-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Bring on the hospital setting again!:bow:

I would love to have him hunt down Laurie and Annie in the hospital! That would be great. The hospital is such a great setting. It's creepy to begin with. Then when you add Michael Myers to it...watch out!:nodsmile:

There's so much you can do with it. Plus you can add Loomis. Assuming he's not dead. Michael can go back and hunt them down!:yeah:

Roswell
09-06-2007, 07:21 PM
I'd actually like to see them use the hospital setting again, but this time I'd like them to try and make the hospital seem normal. I think the problem with the original H2 was that they tried to make the hospital look and feel scary, and they tried too hard and failed. A normal looking hospital creeps me out more because it's such a sterile, safe place, and something about murder and mayhem happening there is a really creepy idea.

Patrick1679
09-06-2007, 07:27 PM
You make some good points. But I loved H2. That is my favorite Halloween movie. I remember seeing it in the theatre and was running out of the theatre every time Michael showed up. But I did enjoy the atmosphere and mood of the film. I thought it was quite scary. There was no one around! You felt isolated. I like that.

But they can make some changes and add more to a sequel.

But the best kill in ALL of horror movies is without a doubt...Nurse Jill!:bow:

MichaelMyers04
09-06-2007, 07:52 PM

I agree. I mean, they can make 1 good sequel, maybe 2, but how many more before they pull a H5, followed by a HR, and drive the 4th storyline in the ground?? I say, leave it at this, or make ONE FINAL movie, to wrap up everything, and leave it that way.

Dr_Loomis02
09-07-2007, 12:19 AM
I'd actually like to see them use the hospital setting again, but this time I'd like them to try and make the hospital seem normal. I think the problem with the original H2 was that they tried to make the hospital look and feel scary, and they tried too hard and failed. A normal looking hospital creeps me out more because it's such a sterile, safe place, and something about murder and mayhem happening there is a really creepy idea.

I totally agree. There were some great creepy moments, but it seemed like the hospital was abandoned. Granted its a small town, but there'd be more people around...I'd love to see Michael get tackled by like 6 male nurses, and then he just like breaks out, throwing them all one way and another. I've always imagined that scene, him just kicking ass.
Be interesting to see what happens.

Khan
09-07-2007, 03:09 AM
Bring on the hospital setting again!

I would love to have him hunt down Laurie and Annie in the hospital! That would be great. The hospital is such a great setting. It's creepy to begin with. Then when you add Michael Myers to it...watch out!

There's so much you can do with it. Plus you can add Loomis. Assuming he's not dead. Michael can go back and hunt them down!

I totally agree. There were some great creepy moments, but it seemed like the hospital was abandoned. Granted its a small town, but there'd be more people around...I'd love to see Michael get tackled by like 6 male nurses, and then he just like breaks out, throwing them all one way and another. I've always imagined that scene, him just kicking ass.
Be interesting to see what happens.

You guys are funny!:roflmao:

Can't happen though. ;)

punkrocklove
09-07-2007, 07:36 AM
I'd see it.
I'd just be sad that chances are Daeg wouldn't be in it.

hemmy
09-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Why do people not want more movies if they can make them entertaining?

It isn't "defamation" to the Halloween name if a bad movie comes out, it is just a film. A lot of people young 20s and younger don't even know about the movies pre-H20.

I want Halloween to go on forever.

Khan
09-07-2007, 12:22 PM
More movies have the chance of getting progressively worse.

Myers Insurance
09-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Compare H2/H4 to Resurrection and you'll see our objections.

LoomisKnight
09-07-2007, 02:25 PM
I seem to be indifferent on this subject. I did not enjoy RZH and I am pleased that he has already said he would not make a sequel. However, I realize that this film is going to be profitable for the studio and a sequel is in all likelihood going to be made by someone (so I agree with the title of this thread). So if that is the case I would love to see the next Halloween film bring back the major parties involved (other than Zombie himself) and make a Halloween film that we can all enjoy.

fateicon
09-08-2007, 03:32 AM
If what they say about accountants running the movie studios is true, they're not gonna stop using a bankable brand name until it's damaged beyond repair. The only issue I have with sequels is if they're given to people who don't give a damn. Horror movies and their audience have often been treated with contempt by the studios. If stuff like JTM and H6 had been allowed to follow the original vision, they probably would've been great. Nowadays it seems that most horror movies are treated better by the studio, with an occasional dud like Black Christmas. If further Halloween movies are made by people who respect the source material, I see no reason not to go ahead with em.

One thing I wished Zombie did with the remake was to follow through with this human side thing. I always thought the original Halloween was flawed because it introduced the idea of Myers as a human and never really fleshed out the story. I think it'd make more sense to drop the backstory if he's going to be invincible.

At least Tyler's size sorta rationalized some of the invincibility. Zombie has set it up so that Myers is human. If they could find some great way to explain Myers regenerative powers, I'd like to see it. I love H6, despite how much of a mess it is. The invincibility is really the central obstacle because it starts to get silly after multiple movies.

Regenerative abilities made sense to me, because Myers always seems to need recovery time after taking heavy damage, alot like Wolverine if I recall. Myers's invincibility never really made him scary to me, since it's a situation no one would ever face. After H4 I found it odd that every character wasn't amazed at Myers's invincibility. You'd think he would've been locked away in a research lab at the beginning of H4 if anyone listened to Loomis beforehand.

It was odd that Michael didn't talk as an adult in the new one. If the original series never existed, people would probably think it's weird that he doesn't say a word to Laurie-as she would be the logical choice to motivative him out of his silence.

The theaterical cut is unsatisfactory in its ending. How does Michael become something of a random killing machine? It seems like a weird jump from what we see in the first half. At least in the workprint it shows that he is a bit more complex then some mindless machine.

I'd like a sequel to really focus on character in regard to Michael-Loomis and Michael-Laurie. The idea mentioned earlier about him kidnapping her sounded really good.

I wonder if body armor could be considered a realistic explanation for any of his abilities.

I don't say this stuff to scrutinize it, I don't mind storytelling issues if the film entertains me and I feel good after watching it.

I have no interest in a Resurrection sequel. Why in the hell did they bother with H20 in the first place? I know it did well, but they basically shot themselves in the foot. I didn't like the movie anyway. A H6 sequel would seem out of place and might tank, but I wouldn't mind seeing one now that we have a new Loomis.

Does anyone know if H2 can be remade by Universal or whomever owns it? Not that I'm really in favor, but now seems like an opportune time to cash-in.

Khan
09-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Does anyone know if H2 can be remade by Universal or whomever owns it? Not that I'm really in favor, but now seems like an opportune time to cash-in.

Dimension doesn't have the rights to H2 or H3, so you don't have to worry.;)

Severed
09-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I would love a sequel, but I fear that it will follow in the footsteps of Hostel 2, TCM:TB, The Grudge 2, etc, etc and not do nearly as well as the first film. Saw seems to be the only franchise to do well with each sequel right now.

renee30152
09-09-2007, 08:56 AM
I hope they make another one. I would surely go and see it.

Demonswrath
09-09-2007, 11:06 AM
I seem to be indifferent on this subject. I did not enjoy RZH and I am pleased that he has already said he would not make a sequel. However, I realize that this film is going to be profitable for the studio and a sequel is in all likelihood going to be made by someone (so I agree with the title of this thread). So if that is the case I would love to see the next Halloween film bring back the major parties involved (other than Zombie himself) and make a Halloween film that we can all enjoy.

I hear ya. I would really like to see them bring back the Myers we all love and enjoy. This new Myers may be quite violent and brutal, but he ends up being view as a pussy in my eyes. I think he has been too humanized by this remake. I'm looking forward to all that changing if a good sequel is done. I just wonder if they would have to change the storyline from H2 (which I'm pleased about) since it is owned by Universal. They might run into an issue with copyrights with it's plot and setting and all.

At least Tyler's size sorta rationalized some of the invincibility. Zombie has set it up so that Myers is human. If they could find some great way to explain Myers regenerative powers, I'd like to see it. I love H6, despite how much of a mess it is. The invincibility is really the central obstacle because it starts to get silly after multiple movies.

I did like Tyler as Myers, but I think he was a bit too big though.

H6 is one of my favorites as well (though it was suppose to be better) and helped make the films not look so rediculous by giving focus and attention on why Myers is invincible. I mean seriously, how many sequels could we have had before someone brought attention to that? To ignore it would have been insulting to the viewer in my opinion.

PG Soul
09-09-2007, 11:15 AM
They should do one more sequel which bombs at the box office big time so that this pitiful dead horse can be laid to rest for good, whatever little dignity it had evaporated many years ago.

TheShape411
09-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Would love to see how they pull off Michael living after the ending and do it without Loomis, considering he's presumed dead.

I'm sure they'd find a way but it'd be humorous to see it.

Myers Insurance
09-09-2007, 11:23 AM

Dimension owns the current rights to the series, so Universal can't remake it. They can rerelease it