PDA

View Full Version : Scout Taylor-Compton as Laurie Strode

Pages : [1] 2 3

MischievousSpirit
09-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Post all your thoughts and comments on Scout Taylor-Compton as Laurie Strode.

So, what did you guys think of this version of Laurie? I liked her, but not nearl as much as the original Laurie.

ragethorn
09-05-2007, 09:44 AM
A disgrace altogether to the character of Laurie Strode.

Jamie Lloyd and Kara Strode had more character then her.

In my opinion, the complete opposite of Daeg Faerch in the sense that she was the biggest con of this film.

Roswell
09-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I liked her just as much, if not more than, the original Laurie.

renee30152
09-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I so agree with you ragethorn.
She was not that good as well and had the character come off as cold and bitchy. 1978 version MUCH MUCH better. Danielle should have been Laurie. She is a MUCH better actress.

The Dark Shape
09-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I liked her, but she didn't really have much to play with.

renee30152
09-05-2007, 09:52 AM
True but she could played it alot better. Danielle had much littler to go with and she did an awesome job. :D

ragethorn
09-05-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry but in that case Rob should've realized what he was doing.

I've said this before, what makes the original so sinister is that Laurie Strode is the definition of innocence and Michael Myers is the epitome of evil. To see evil go after purity is like watching a cat run after a mouse. The fact that Laurie was so shy and humble and innocent made Michael THAT much more evil to go after her with a butcher knife in hand while she screamed her lungs out on the empty streets of Haddonfield.

This effect in RZ's version was gone. Instead, he concentrated only on Michael Myers and Laurie was this rude, bitchy spoiled brat and quite frankly, I didn't care for her, so when she's running down the street screaming, I didn't pity her as an audience member watching this movie.

Just my 2 cents.

Flash Over
09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Sorry....I thought she was WAYYYY more likable than JLC's....to be honest, I hated that goody goddy dorky character.....I love that she is gone, and this one is normal....so for me, This Laurie is better

mmyers78
09-05-2007, 10:52 AM
i think she did a good job, but not as good as JLC's performance

freethy
09-05-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm sorry but in that case Rob should've realized what he was doing.

I've said this before, what makes the original so sinister is that Laurie Strode is the definition of innocence and Michael Myers is the epitome of evil. To see evil go after purity is like watching a cat run after a mouse. The fact that Laurie was so shy and humble and innocent made Michael THAT much more evil to go after her with a butcher knife in hand while she screamed her lungs out on the empty streets of Haddonfield.

This effect in RZ's version was gone. Instead, he concentrated only on Michael Myers and Laurie was this rude, bitchy spoiled brat and quite frankly, I didn't care for her, so when she's running down the street screaming, I didn't pity her as an audience member watching this movie.

Just my 2 cents.

This movie had nothing to do with Evil or Innocence.

Silverpsycho
09-05-2007, 10:56 AM
I was actually pretty excited at one point to see Scout play Laurie since I like her in Wicked Little Things. In Zombie's HalloweeN, she wasn't a very strong character and watching her didn't feel right at times. Like others have said previously, I wish Hayden Panetierre had been able to portray Laurie Strode. She's more serious and I think she could have played the strong shy "girl scout" schoolgirl much better. I can't say I hated Scout's performance either...she was just, okay.

ragethorn
09-05-2007, 11:09 AM
This movie had nothing to do with Evil or Innocence.

Word! And that could be the downfall of it all.

Myers-89
09-05-2007, 11:16 AM
I liked her just as much, if not more than, the original Laurie.

Here here!

I think that Scout really sold everything well, and having never seen any of her previous films before I was quite impressed with her acting. Her portrayal of Laurie Strode is more of how your average high school senior girl really is.

ragethorn
09-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah but your favorite character is Malcolm McDowell's portrayal of Dr. SAMUEL Loomis lol Your say doesn't count.

haha!

j/k

Myers-89
09-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah but your favorite character is Malcolm McDowell's portrayal of Dr. SAMUEL Loomis lol Your say doesn't count.

haha!

j/k

I don't really have a favorite character per say, that's just my favorite character at the current moment. And why not? Malcolm McDowell's Dr. Loomis was great.

Reobeem
09-05-2007, 12:08 PM
like some have said she was rude and I couldn't feel sorry for her, the only thing she did right was kill Michael, as for Scout I felt sorry she had to put up with the terrible script she was given

ragethorn
09-05-2007, 12:17 PM
I don't really have a favorite character per say, that's just my favorite character at the current moment. And why not? Malcolm McDowell's Dr. Loomis was great.

Ummmm....ya! :fuckoff:

Roswell
09-05-2007, 12:22 PM
How exactly was Laurie mean in this film? I keep hearing about how "Laurie's a bitch" or "Laurie's too mean". I don't see it to be honest. She teased the kids a little bit but that was about it. I didn't see anything really mean coming from her.

The Dark Shape
09-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Laurie was a typical teen in this film. I liked her relationship with Tommy more than the original, actually.

Myers Insurance
09-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I liked this Laurie much more than the original Laurie. In the original, Laurie acted like a goody-goody prim and proper girl, but in this film, she acted more like a regular teenager. Not to mention that Scout is more attractive than JLC imo.

Todd
09-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Scouts Laurie wasn't a bitch, but she was certainly more outgoing and not as repressed as the original.
She might have even kissed a boy or two.
This Laurie was much more typical of teenagers than the one portrayed by JLC.

Myers Insurance
09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
I think the biggest difference was that it seemed like 2007 Laurie wasn't a virgin.

Trooper#4
09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
I liked the scene with her and Tommy walking down the street. But that's the only scene where she got much of a chance to act.

Todd
09-05-2007, 03:40 PM
I think the biggest difference was that it seemed like 2007 Laurie wasn't a virgin.
That was what I was tip toeing around when I said that she might have kissed a boy or two.
I couldn't care less about that paticular aspect of things except that it would make this Laurie almost the polar opposite of the original.

dcamax
09-05-2007, 04:55 PM
How exactly was Laurie mean in this film? I keep hearing about how "Laurie's a bitch" or "Laurie's too mean". I don't see it to be honest. She teased the kids a little bit but that was about it. I didn't see anything really mean coming from her.

Okay, one of her first lines in this movie was "Tommy leave me alone"

Todd 78
09-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Scouts Laurie wasn't a bitch, but she was certainly more outgoing and not as repressed as the original.
She might have even kissed a boy or two.
This Laurie was much more typical of teenagers than the one portrayed by JLC.

and that is why I like the new Laurie better.he was n actual teenager. I don't care how much i get flamed for the next comment but, at least in this film I could see how Laurie was friends with nnie or Lynda. I don't know how she could have been in the original

Roswell
09-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Okay, one of her first lines in this movie was "Tommy leave me alone"

Yeah? So? It's obvious that she was just joking with Tommy. They had a very older sister/younger brother relationship.

Todd
09-05-2007, 05:15 PM
and that is why I like the new Laurie better.he was n actual teenager. I don't care how much i get flamed for the next comment but, at least in this film I could see how Laurie was friends with nnie or Lynda. I don't know how she could have been in the original
In the original, I think Laurie had either grown up with Annie and Linda, and their friendship had remained intact even as they grew apart in terms of social order, or Laurie was their mark. Maybe she did homework for them or perhaps they viewed her as a project. They say that opposites attract, so that could be part of it as well. Lauries family seemed to be as well off as Annie and Lindas were, too. Economic status also plays a big role in who the big shots are and and who gets to tag along with them. If Lauries family had been dirt poor, I doubt Annie and Linda would have been caught dead with her.

Todd 78
09-05-2007, 05:19 PM
In the original, I think Laurie had either grown up with Annie and Linda, and their friendship had remained intact even as they grew apart in terms of social order, or Laurie was their mark. Maybe she did homework for them or perhaps they viewed her as a project. They say that opposites attract, so that could be part of it as well. Lauries family seemed to be as well off as Annie and Lindas were, too. Economic status also plays a big role in who the big shots are and and who gets to tag along with them. If Lauries family had been dirt poor, I doubt Annie and Linda would have been caught dead with her.

Yes. In this movie they seemed like they were actualy friends. The I love you's were cute and definately have a hard tme seeoing the original charcters saying that

Dr_Loomis02
09-05-2007, 05:21 PM
I thought she was brilliant. There was definately a different twist on the character, which I liked, but she was also more innocent than the other two girls.
Her acting was never terrible, although there were a few akward lines. Overall, she did very well and I was surprised at how fast I liked her. JLC was and is always golden, but nothing wrong with this young actress either.

Deckard
09-05-2007, 05:40 PM
I thought Scout was great...true she had less to work with than JLC, but I actually thought she got quite a bit through the few scenes she had. It wasn't such a subtle difference between the two, they are quite polar opposites. But I think the film got the message across that she was more morally grounded than Annie or Lynda when the three are talking in the library and they talk about her being "mother-fucking-theresa". And then I was REALLY glad they added the scene where Lynda calls Laurie before gettibng killed. For one, it added MONUMENTAL development in comparison to the WP for Lynda, but also just pushed the idea or the hill that Laurie was now more of a free-spirit type, the way she sits on the couch and all. Little things like that I pick up on and deem to be intentional on ROb's part...

WhiteZombie
09-05-2007, 05:42 PM
I think she did a great job. She was still the "innocent" one, but in a more realistic way. She dident complain and almost cry for 10 minutes because Annie talked to a guy. Lol.

Deckard
09-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Oh, and she didn't worry about "the keeeeeeyyyyyysssss" either...lol

Myers Insurance
09-05-2007, 05:56 PM
And she actually knows how to say "Was it the boogeyman"

valkyrie131
09-05-2007, 07:15 PM
I wasn't at all impressed by the new Laurie. She was whiny, annoying, and self-centered;nothing like the original Laurie. Jamie Lee played her as a quiet, kind of innocent, and mature teen. I completely agree with the person who posted about the contrast between her and Michael.

renee30152
09-05-2007, 08:01 PM

I do. She is mean to Tommy. Didn't like her really at all.

I got the feeling too..

Yeah? So? It's obvious that she was just joking with Tommy. They had a very older sister/younger brother relationship.

I disagree. She seems really bitchy to him and goes out of her way to scare him. She is not a good babysitter (I am a big time babysitter).

renee30152
09-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I wasn't at all impressed by the new Laurie. She was whiny, annoying, and self-centered;nothing like the original Laurie. Jamie Lee played her as a quiet, kind of innocent, and mature teen. I completely agree with the person who posted about the contrast between her and Michael.

You hit it on the head. :bow: :nodsmile: JLC did such a better job. Her Laurie is more relatable and makes you more sympathetic with her then Scott's.

MacG
09-05-2007, 08:32 PM
You hit it on the head. :bow: :nodsmile: JLC did such a better job. Her Laurie is more relatable and makes you more sympathetic with her then Scott's.

I completely disagree. I believe more people can relate to the new Laurie. She is more of an average teenager, rather than a bookworm like JLC's Laurie. And she was never MEAN to Tommy, she was just playing around with him. Yes she says "go away Tommy" or whatever, but she doesn't actually make him go away. She talks to him. She messes with him like an older sister would her younger brother. I never got the impression of "mean". I actually preferred her version of Laure over JLC, because she was more real like a teenager nowadays. I'm not saying she did a better job than JLC, because they both did very well for the scripts they were given. I'm just saying that I like the 2007 Laurie better than the 1978 Laurie. They are supposed to be different, and I hope you guys understand that. This is a "re-imagining", not a copy.

Jackolantern99
09-06-2007, 11:28 AM
I really disliked Scout as Laurie. Or rather, Rob's take on Laurie Strode's character as a whole. First of all, I don't know anyone who talks to her parents about being mollested over breakfast. Most of Laurie's dialogue, especially on the street and in school, was wretched. I was hoping Rob's Laurie would at least reflect some of the Laurie we all know a love, but insted I saw a watered-down, whiny, immature, generic horror movie heroine who doesn't look inside herself for the strength to fight Michael, but relies on luck, kicking and screaming to save herself.

I was looking for a little more innocence, a little more insecurity, a little more nerdiness. Half of the charm of Jamie Lee in the original was that she wasn't the generic girl with a potty mouth who wound up in the wrong palce at the wrong time. She was smart, subdued, and actually enjoyable to watch. I've said it before, Danielle would have been a better choice...

Todd
09-06-2007, 01:14 PM
I really disliked Scout as Laurie. Or rather, Rob's take on Laurie Strode's character as a whole. First of all, I don't know anyone who talks to her parents about being mollested over breakfast. Most of Laurie's dialogue, especially on the street and in school, was wretched. I was hoping Rob's Laurie would at least reflect some of the Laurie we all know a love, but insted I saw a watered-down, whiny, immature, generic horror movie heroine who doesn't look inside herself for the strength to fight Michael, but relies on luck, kicking and screaming to save herself.

I was looking for a little more innocence, a little more insecurity, a little more nerdiness. Half of the charm of Jamie Lee in the original was that she wasn't the generic girl with a potty mouth who wound up in the wrong palce at the wrong time. She was smart, subdued, and actually enjoyable to watch. I've said it before, Danielle would have been a better choice...
Scouts Laurie relied on "luck, kicking and screaming to save herself"?
What did the original Laurie rely on?
She dropped the knife twice when she had the chance to finish Michael off, and stood with her back to his prone body as she sent the children to run for help. Brilliant. Why not run out of the house herself instead of standing there like some dipshit just waiting to die? Why drop the knife the second time? When running from the Wallace house, why not just keep running instead of going into the Doyle house, trapping yourself there, and leading Michael to the children? You also call Scouts Laurie whiny and immature. So are most teenagers. Very few are as repressed and adult like as the original Laurie.

Silverpsycho
09-06-2007, 01:46 PM
In the end when Laurie's/Scout's screaming, the scene totally reminds me of Alex in High Tension when she's in the car all blood covered. Scout makes for a great little screamer. Some actresses flat out suck.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-06-2007, 02:38 PM
She was irritating as all fuck, but I don't know how much of the blame should be put on her and not the script. I think she could've delivered some of the horrible lines in a better way.

The whole comraderie vibe between all three of the girls seemed so forced and fake.

I liked Zombie's re-vision for the Laurie character though. Making her more normal, and a little bit more corrupted by her friends-- but still a little more pure, so that when Michael finds her and hears them all talking he must destroy all three of them because they're so freaking annoying.

Nope, Michael definitely didn't come off as the villain.

matthew28
09-06-2007, 03:02 PM
I thought she did a great job.I was expecting not to like her,but I was pleasantly surprised.I liked the interaction between her and Tommy.I liked her relationship with the girls a bit more in this one.Like someone else said I have an easier time believing these three girls were friends.

Jackolantern99
09-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Scouts Laurie relied on "luck, kicking and screaming to save herself"?
What did the original Laurie rely on?
She dropped the knife twice when she had the chance to finish Michael off, and stood with her back to his prone body as she sent the children to run for help. Brilliant. Why not run out of the house herself instead of standing there like some dipshit just waiting to die? Why drop the knife the second time? When running from the Wallace house, why not just keep running instead of going into the Doyle house, trapping yourself there, and leading Michael to the children? You also call Scouts Laurie whiny and immature. So are most teenagers. Very few are as repressed and adult like as the original Laurie.

That's what's special about the original Laurie. Like I said, she's not the generic annoying chick who no one gives a damn about. Michael could have splattered Laurie's brains against the wall in the remake and I don't think I would have blinked. One of the reasons Laurie was so like-able in the original was because she wasn't annoying and planning a fuck-fest for Halloween night like her other friends.

I didn't feel any kind of strength within Scout's Laurie, and I don't think she made smarter decisions than Jamie Lee did. Sure, Jamie dropped the knife, but she didn't lead the kids and herself into the most unescapable room in the entire house with a frosted glass door either. She ALSO ran back to the house where the kids were, just like Jamie Lee. But the only time I saw her take initiative was when Michael a) let his guard down or b) was seemingly dead/unconscious.

Todd
09-06-2007, 04:26 PM
That's what's special about the original Laurie. Like I said, she's not the generic annoying chick who no one gives a damn about. Michael could have splattered Laurie's brains against the wall in the remake and I don't think I would have blinked. One of the reasons Laurie was so like-able in the original was because she wasn't annoying and planning a fuck-fest for Halloween night like her other friends.

I didn't feel any kind of strength within Scout's Laurie, and I don't think she made smarter decisions than Jamie Lee did. Sure, Jamie dropped the knife, but she didn't lead the kids and herself into the most unescapable room in the entire house with a frosted glass door either. She ALSO ran back to the house where the kids were, just like Jamie Lee. But the only time I saw her take initiative was when Michael a) let his guard down or b) was seemingly dead/unconscious.
I liked the other Laurie too, but I found this version to be a refreshing departure from the typical repressed virgin in distress heroines that usually survive horror movies. The new Laurie was a typical teenager. She was far from perfect, but I certainly didn't find her to be unlikeable.

RazorBlade101
09-06-2007, 09:03 PM
The original laurie was silent and acted like it was a high school play ...

The new laurie could act but she was awfully annoying ... She could actually scream and cry though ... Jamie Lee Curtis could only whine.

Worthystevens
09-06-2007, 09:26 PM

She still had that innocence and purity about her. It's just moreso in the scenes with her parents.

Asprin
09-06-2007, 09:46 PM
New laurie = Felt flat, rushed and actually wanted Michael to run her through about 20 times on the farm equipment.

Original Laurie = Loved.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-06-2007, 09:49 PM
She still had that innocence and purity about her. It's just moreso in the scenes with her parents.

How about Kristina Klebe as Laurie, hmm?

More screen time, but probably no nudity.

ragethorn
09-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Bottom line.

I feel more sorry for the original Laurie then I do this one. She's rubbing her tits up against a couple of bagels in her first scene. Are you kiddnig me? As soon as she did that, I turned to my buddy and said "if she doesn't die in this movie, i'll gladly throw her out of 20 story building".

She seemed annoyed by Tommy most of the time. And let's not forget the part where her and Danielle Harris were rubbing up against each other moaning.

Yeah, they're both great! :rolleyes:

John Carpenter is a genius for writing Laurie's character the way he did. Totally vulnerable.

This isn't even an issue. In the original, Laurie Strode was practically the whole movie. In this semi decent remake, she's in it for like 30 minutes at most.

So the question really is, fully developed character or not? And i'll take character development anyday over Comptons bad acting.

Last but not least, the new Laurie seemed so dumb.

1) She fell into the empty pool, overacted the tumble and then waited there for 5 minutes until Michael shows up. Keep waiting there. If I was put in a situation nearly as dumb as that, with 2 broken legs, i'd be in Mexico by the time Michael Myers came looking for me. And not only that, but she tries to climb out of the deep end of the pool using her fingertips.

2) Tommy opens the door for her after being chased by Michael accross the street, she locks the door and when he shows up at the doorstep, she runs upstairs. ISN'T THERE A BACK DOOR?

The things the original Laurie does is so acceptable, especially the year it takes place in and because her goody goody positive character makes it understandable.

Myers-89
09-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Bottom line.

I feel more sorry for the original Laurie then I do this one. She's rubbing her tits up against a couple of bagels in her first scene. Are you kiddnig me? As soon as she did that, I turned to my buddy and said "if she doesn't die in this movie, i'll gladly throw her out of 20 story building".

She seemed annoyed by Tommy most of the time. And let's not forget the part where her and Danielle Harris were rubbing up against each other moaning.

Yeah, but all of that goofy stuff you just mentioned that Laurie did is what made her character more of your typical, modern teenage girl. I hate to tell you this, but that's actually how a lot of teens act like in this day and age. She seemed like a lot of girls that I went to high school with, therfore I could relate to her more than I could to JLC's Laurie. I think Scout did a fine job.

punkrocklove
09-07-2007, 07:39 AM
I didnt like Lauries attitude, which has probably made me dislike SScout.

Its nae her fault though.
So hrm, I guess..she was okay

ragethorn
09-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Yeah, but all of that goofy stuff you just mentioned that Laurie did is what made her character more of your typical, modern teenage girl. I hate to tell you this, but that's actually how a lot of teens act like in this day and age. She seemed like a lot of girls that I went to high school with, therfore I could relate to her more than I could to JLC's Laurie. I think Scout did a fine job.

Let me guess, you're 18?

Like mentioned before, it's 2 different era's.

One is late 70's.
The other is the present.

Both Laurie's are very different.

However, my point is this. Compton is in the shadow and will always be overshadowed by Jamie Lee Curtis because Jamie's character was better written, because Jamie Lee Curtis stars in the original Halloween and because Jamie Lee Curtis along with her mother is the original scream queens.

Compton did an ok job and I can't really blame her because like most of the actors, they had nothing to work with.

renee30152
09-07-2007, 09:03 AM
New laurie = Felt flat, rushed and actually wanted Michael to run her through about 20 times on the farm equipment.

Original Laurie = Loved.

Same here. I was actually rooting for Myers to kill her and kill her good.

Bottom line.

John Carpenter is a genius for writing Laurie's character the way he did. Totally vulnerable.

This isn't even an issue. In the original, Laurie Strode was practically the whole movie. In this semi decent remake, she's in it for like 30 minutes at most.

So the question really is, fully developed character or not? And i'll take character development anyday over Comptons bad acting.

Last but not least, the new Laurie seemed so dumb.

1) She fell into the empty pool, overacted the tumble and then waited there for 5 minutes until Michael shows up. Keep waiting there. If I was put in a situation nearly as dumb as that, with 2 broken legs, i'd be in Mexico by the time Michael Myers came looking for me. And not only that, but she tries to climb out of the deep end of the pool using her fingertips.

2) Tommy opens the door for her after being chased by Michael accross the street, she locks the door and when he shows up at the doorstep, she runs upstairs. ISN'T THERE A BACK DOOR?

The things the original Laurie does is so acceptable, especially the year it takes place in and because her goody goody positive character makes it understandable.

I so agree. I think she was a poor choice. She is a cute girl but not a good actress. JLC was so much better.:godno:

Roswell
09-07-2007, 09:14 AM

:yeah:

I'm the same way. I know people like Scout's Laurie. I don't want to say that Jamie's Laurie is old fashioned, but she kind of is. I find it sort of hard to relate to her even though I like her.

Either way, I thought both ladies did a great job in the role. Jamie's Laurie works for the original, and Scout's Laurie works for Zombie's film. That's really all I can say.

ragethorn
09-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Either way, I thought both ladies did a great job in the role. Jamie's Laurie works for the original, and Scout's Laurie works for Zombie's film. That's really all I can say.

Agreed!

Todd
09-07-2007, 10:25 AM
I just don't see why the new Laurie not being as uptight or prudish would cause people not to care for her. She's a kid, bottom line.

ragethorn
09-07-2007, 10:44 AM
She's a kid, bottom line.

Ummm, so? Am I supposed to feel sorry for just anybody? Sorry to say, I didn't feel sorry for Comptons character at all.

Go watch Mean Creek. It's some of the best acting you'll see from actors under the age of 18. I feel sorry for those kids because they did a phenominal job. Not because they were kids. That's just a cop-out.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Ummm, so? Am I supposed to feel sorry for just anybody? Sorry to say, I didn't feel sorry for Comptons character at all.

Go watch Mean Creek. It's some of the best acting you'll see from actors under the age of 18. I feel sorry for those kids because they did a phenominal job. Not because they were kids. That's just a cop-out.

I DO feel sorry for just about anybody. When I read all the reviews before seeing the movie saying they didn't feel anything for the characters that died in the third act because we haven't spent a chunk of time getting to know them, I didn't think I would feel the same. If I were walking down the street and I saw some stranger get shot in the face, how would I not feel nothing?

But then I watched it, and yep, I felt absolutely nada watching the final act.

renee30152
09-07-2007, 10:56 AM
I did not feel for her at all in the end. I wasn't cheering for her or anything. I was cheering Michael Myers on. I feel more for Annie.

Danny Strode
09-07-2007, 12:19 PM
I thought she did pretty good as Laurie, and she was defintely one of the better leads in a Horror film in a long time. The only things that annoyed me were when she seemed to act like a sex kitten (in my opinion), and how dumb she seemed. Maybe it wasn't her fault, but that of the screenwriter's. But then again, this new Laurie seemed to be book smart. She could scream and cry, and she was good at that. Honestly, in the end, I enjoyed Jamie Lee's performance much more.

Todd
09-07-2007, 12:40 PM

You didn't feel sorry for some girl who found one of her friends dead, the other a mangled, bloody mess, and was then terrorized by a 6'8 psycho?
What exactly did she do that made you not feel sorry for her character? Are only shy, repressed people worthy of sympathy???

TheShape'78
09-07-2007, 12:44 PM
You didn't feel sorry for some girl who found one of her friends dead, the other a mangled, bloody mess, and was then terrorized by a 6'8 psycho?
What exactly did she do that made you not feel sorry for her character? Are only shy, repressed people worthy of sympathy???

yes! loudmouth outgoing people deserve their death. the shy and repressed shall inherit the earth.:bastard:

j/k

-mitch-

Todd
09-07-2007, 02:26 PM
yes! loudmouth outgoing people deserve their death. the shy and repressed shall inherit the earth.:bastard:

j/k

-mitch-
There are some loudmouths I wouldn't mind seeing get their asses kicked, but I didn't see anything at all unlikeable about the new Laurie Strode. Maybe Rob should have had her be Amish.

renee30152
09-07-2007, 02:34 PM

j/k

-mitch-

You loudmouthes will BOW to us and serve us peanut buttersandwitches. Bow before your new masters. :bastard:

There are some loudmouths I wouldn't mind seeing get their asses kicked, but I didn't see anything at all unlikeable about the new Laurie Strode. Maybe Rob should have had her be Amish.

I could totally see an Amish Laurie.
She was just a mean bitch imho and had little chemistry with the other characters.

Todd 78
09-07-2007, 07:37 PM
:band:
I just don't see why the new Laurie not being as uptight or prudish would cause people not to care for her. She's a kid, bottom line.

Godforbid Laurie an actually teenager. The bitch should die. Kill all teenagers i:bastard: .

And her and Tommy had a brother/sister relationship. That how me and my older sister acted as we were young kids back in the 16th centuary.

I could relate to Scout's Laurie a lot more.

Frazetta
09-07-2007, 08:08 PM
She was just a mean bitch imho and had little chemistry with the other characters. How was she mean? Her relationship with her Parents & friends seemed very genuine & heartfelt & she had a bond with Tommy that reminded me of my older Sister & myself.

MrShape666
09-07-2007, 11:40 PM
I didn't like the new Laurie. She was way too airheaded, and tended to get on my nerves.

It might also be that I am sick to hell of "the virgin" character who survives every single horror film. I think we get away from that by now. Maybe if they do a sequel, Anne can be the main character. But then again, I'm biased as a Danielle Harris lover.

Jackolantern99
09-08-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm 19 years old and I've never, in my entire life, encountered a group of girls who act like the ones in this movie. Obviously the dialogue was written by a middle-aged guy's interpretation of what teenage girls sound like...

renee30152
09-08-2007, 12:48 PM
How was she mean? Her relationship with her Parents & friends seemed very genuine & heartfelt & she had a bond with Tommy that reminded me of my older Sister & myself.

I thought she was flat out mean to the kids. I am sorry but teasing a child about the Boogeyman when you know he is scared of him.
Or when she seems more "annoyed" by Tommy whom just wants to tag along.

I'm 19 years old and I've never, in my entire life, encountered a group of girls who act like the ones in this movie. Obviously the dialogue was written by a middle-aged guy's interpretation of what teenage girls sound like...

Same here.

Myers-89
09-08-2007, 05:39 PM

Well, I'm 18, and I can honestly say that I have heard girls talk like that back in high school. They actually do exist, believe it or not.

Chomp_on_this
09-08-2007, 05:45 PM
She was irritating as all fuck

Bingo...I hated the character and the actor.

And she actually knows how to say "Was it the boogeyman"

Yea, but she sounded mentally retarded when she said it.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, I'm 18, and I can honestly say that I have heard girls talk like that back in high school. They actually do exist, believe it or not.

I would say their conversations are somewhat realistic, but they aren't very likeable-realistic.

Teenage girls don't ONLY talk all trampy and hyper. There needed to be a little more for more people to like them.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Yea, but she sounded mentally retarded when she said it.

Ha. I thought it was a nice twist that Ben Tramer was retarded in this one.

I guess they'd be a great match.

Todd 78
09-08-2007, 06:00 PM
I thought she was flat out mean to the kids. I am sorry but teasing a child about the Boogeyman when you know he is scared of him.
Or when she seems more "annoyed" by Tommy whom just wants to tag along.

Same here.

Laurie?Tommy reminded me of my sister and myself as kids. I tend to occasionally try and scare my nephew in good fun.

MacG
09-08-2007, 06:31 PM

He wasn't TERRIFIED of the boogeyman, he was just curious about him. He never once seemed genuinely scared. She never got him to the point where he was going to piss his pants because of how scared he was. Laurie was just messing around. Teenagers do that, I've done it before, and in no way am I mean.

mike32
09-08-2007, 06:36 PM
I felt that she was the weakest of the three girls. But like I said before, she was filling the shoes of a great actress. She did ok, I'd give her a 7/10.

renee30152
09-09-2007, 05:46 AM
He wasn't TERRIFIED of the boogeyman, he was just curious about him. He never once seemed genuinely scared. She never got him to the point where he was going to piss his pants because of how scared he was. Laurie was just messing around. Teenagers do that, I've done it before, and in no way am I mean.

I am going to disagree. He was scared espically in the scenes when she is babysitting. Not piss in your pants sacred (never said he was) but he did some a bit scared and to tease a little kid who seems scared is mean.

Todd 78
09-09-2007, 06:24 AM
I am going to disagree. He was scared espically in the scenes when she is babysitting. Not piss in your pants sacred (never said he was) but he did some a bit scared and to tease a little kid who seems scared is mean.
my sister was 10 times worse. He seemed slightly bugged if anything thst she wasn't taking him serious.

renee30152
09-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Lets just agree to disagree. :D I had an older cousin who did the same thing to me and I labeled him as mean as well.

wyatt s
09-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Regarding Laurie being mean

When I was a young lad of about 6 or so my older brother (who I still concider a prick) stuck and glow in the dark Jason mask (I had seen some of the movies at this point) under a lamp all day to charge, then when bed time came put it in my window and told me that if it were to glow that that meant that Jason was coming to get me. He then shut off the lights.

It takes a lot for me to concider anybody mean.

Pug-a-Licious
09-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Regarding Laurie being mean

When I was a young lad of about 6 or so my older brother (who I still concider a prick) stuck and glow in the dark Jason mask (I had seen some of the movies at this point) under a lamp all day to charge, then when bed time came put it in my window and told me that if it were to glow that that meant that Jason was coming to get me. He then shut off the lights.

It takes a lot for me to concider anybody mean.

ROTFLMAO Wow I had two older brothers, and they did some pretty mean shit to me...nothing like THAT really.

No no...they only told me that if I had any body parts sticking out of my blankets at night that the boogeyman would come chop them off....sweet huh?

wyatt s
09-09-2007, 08:45 PM
ROTFLMAO Wow I had two older brothers, and they did some pretty mean shit to me...nothing like THAT really.

No no...they only told me that if I had any body parts sticking out of my blankets at night that the boogeyman would come chop them off....sweet huh?

Hehe, my brothers did a many things to me through out my childhood that in my opinion (which is the only one that matters in this case) was much, much worse.

renee30152
09-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Wyatts (btw one of my brothers is named Wyatt) that is mean, but I still think Laurie was mean.
I have three broters and I am thankful I had only one older one and he wasn't mean.
Hoe long did he do that "trick?"

wyatt s
09-10-2007, 10:50 AM
That particular "trick" only happened once. I was tormented by various different "tricks" for years. Probably caused serious psychological problems.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-10-2007, 10:56 AM
That particular "trick" only happened once. I was tormented by various different "tricks" for years. Probably caused serious psychological problems.

Have you sliced up your bro yet?

wyatt s
09-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I've concidered it on a number of occasions. But luckily we live in different countries now. That fact has probably saved me a prison sentence.

renee30152
09-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Or you could always pull a Michael Myers and kill him and go on a killing spree. Hey it is only a thought. :D

wyatt s
09-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Or you could always pull a Michael Myers and kill him and go on a killing spree. Hey it is only a thought.

Nah, I wouldn't want to be referred to as a Cliché. I mean I'd be just another serial killer with an abusive past with childhood trauma, and there is nothing more unoriginal than that.

ragethorn
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
I did not feel for her at all in the end. I wasn't cheering for her or anything. I was cheering Michael Myers on. I feel more for Annie.

*sigh*

Love you! haha

Shamrock Silver
09-10-2007, 06:23 PM
I thought Scout did very well.
I did not find her to be "mean" at all.
I liked the way she teased Tommy a little, but didn't terrorize him.
Tommy in this remake did not seem genuinely scared of the Boogeyman - he was a little smarter and older and more mature than some of you give him credit for.
And when it came down to it, Laurie was brave and stuck up for the kids.
Plus she's a total dime piece.
And some people on this board said she was inappropriate or annoying for putting bagels over her boobs...that is funny stuff that I do in front of my parents all the time (not boobs, but you get the idea). And me and my friends mock-hump each other, too. We're wise-asses but ultimately good people.

renee30152
09-11-2007, 07:09 AM
Nah, I wouldn't want to be referred to as a Cliché. I mean I'd be just another serial killer with an abusive past with childhood trauma, and there is nothing more unoriginal than that.

True true. You will have to come up with something more orginal. :nodsmile:

*sigh*

Love you! haha

Love you too. :D:bastard:

Shamrock Silver
09-16-2007, 07:24 AM
JLC as Laurie was a little bit too "goody-two-shoes."
I respected her for being so good and noble.
But her walking around with that apron on was a bit much.

At least STC as Laurie wasn't afraid to admit that she wanted the meat.
:roflmao:

Myers Insurance
09-16-2007, 07:33 AM
The worse my sisters did (they were 12-16 when I was born) was tell me that if you didn't cut the heads off of gummy bears, they'd you from the inside out.

samhain51
09-16-2007, 07:41 AM
I liked her as Laurie , I also think shes a very cute girl!!

renee30152
09-16-2007, 10:49 AM
The worse my sisters did (they were 12-16 when I was born) was tell me that if you didn't cut the heads off of gummy bears, they'd you from the inside out.

Ohhh.. that would give me nightmars as a kid. Ouch. :D

YourAverageJoe
09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
I thought she did a very good job. She was a different Laurie and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

And it's not just because I have her autograph. She is cute as hell though.

YourAverageJoe
09-16-2007, 12:06 PM
id fuck her tight little teen virgin pussy

Well that was very explicit.

Myers Insurance
09-16-2007, 12:41 PM
I have a feeling that post is gonna get removed...

Ashleigh
09-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Right you are. ;) That kind of language is unnecessary.

YourAverageJoe
09-16-2007, 12:51 PM
I have a feeling that post is gonna get removed...

Right you were. And deservingly so.

YourAverageJoe
09-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Scout Autograph

Myers Insurance
09-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Oh hey it's JoJo! :bastard:

I'd love to meet her though. She seems so nice. And no, I'm not going off her hotness level.

renee30152
09-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Right you were. And deservingly so.

So true. I am thinking a banning is coming as well.

Oh hey it's JoJo! :bastard:

I'd love to meet her though. She seems so nice. And no, I'm not going off her hotness level.

I think she is cute but not hot. No way. IMHO. :bastard:

punkrocklove
09-17-2007, 11:56 PM
i dont think shes hot.

her boyfriend however.......

loll

temp19
09-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Best Laurie ever...period.

punkrocklove
09-18-2007, 12:58 AM
But will she have such a hot body as JLC when she's 40+?

Danny Strode
09-18-2007, 05:16 AM
Of course she will!:nodsmile:

renee30152
09-18-2007, 05:32 AM
i dont think shes hot.

her boyfriend however.......

loll

Did Laurie even have a boyfriend?
None of the boys were hot.

Best Laurie ever...period.

It all comes down to taste and opinion.

temp19
09-18-2007, 08:07 AM
But will she have such a hot body as JLC when she's 40+?
And what does that have to do with her portrayal of Laurie Strode?

renee30152
09-18-2007, 08:43 AM
I think he is refering to her and her body in H20.

temp19
09-18-2007, 09:44 AM
I think he is refering to her and her body in H20.
haha Well her acting ability has nothing to do with her body and I will guarentee you that Scout will have a prettier face then JLC no matter what her body looks like.

renee30152
09-18-2007, 09:47 AM
I disagree. I think that Jamie has better looks, body and acting ablities.
Like I said I think Scot is cute but no way would consider her "hot" or even beautiful.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Like I said I think Scot is cute but no way would consider her "hot" or even beautiful.

When I saw her publicity photos when they announced she'd be Laurie, she looked very hot. Too hot to probably be any damn good, actually.

She looked normal in the movie. Much more attractive when she was out promoting the thing. Zombie uglied her up pretty good.

Along with the glasses, I think he might've given her a prostetic Popeye chin.

renee30152
09-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Popeye chin? lol

temp19
09-18-2007, 10:28 AM
JLC and her horse face is better looking then Scout? I mean come on people were accusing her of being a hermaphrodite in the 80's because she was manly looking. She was never known for being hot or even pretty, yes she had an ok body when she was older although no boobs she was never considered someone people would fawn over, I agree Scout is not drop dead gorgeous either but she is prettier then JLC. And JLC's acting ability in the Original was not Oscar worthy either and in the second it was mainly whining and grunting, I am sorry but her Laurie always annoyed me and I actually liked the Laurie character when Scout played it.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Popeye chin? lol

Heh, yeah. I felt bad writing that, almost didn't just in case she ever comes to this forum to visit. I get pretty mad when people write that kind of stuff about Daeg.

But she is older, and like I said, very attractive.

renee30152
09-18-2007, 03:21 PM
JLC and her horse face is better looking then Scout? I mean come on people were accusing her of being a hermaphrodite in the 80's because she was manly looking. She was never known for being hot or even pretty, yes she had an ok body when she was older although no boobs she was never considered someone people would fawn over, I agree Scout is not drop dead gorgeous either but she is prettier then JLC. And JLC's acting ability in the Original was not Oscar worthy either and in the second it was mainly whining and grunting, I am sorry but her Laurie always annoyed me and I actually liked the Laurie character when Scout played it.

She has a horse face but you call that girl HOT? I think Jamie Lee has proven herself a TRUE actress. I betcha you probably won't see Compton again in another film... unless she gets better acting lessons.
And I am sorry but it is in my humble opinion that Scott was a horrible Laurie. She is not a good actress in my book at all. Danielle and the other chick was so much better.:nodsmile:

Todd 78
09-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Scout is much hotter than MR Jamie Lee Curtis.

renee30152
09-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Again opinion. :D

temp19
09-18-2007, 09:15 PM
She has a horse face but you call that girl HOT? I think Jamie Lee has proven herself a TRUE actress. I betcha you probably won't see Compton again in another film... unless she gets better acting lessons.
And I am sorry but it is in my humble opinion that Scott was a horrible Laurie. She is not a good actress in my book at all. Danielle and the other chick was so much better.:nodsmile:
I never said she was hot just better looking the JLC and you do not know what Scout will do in the future. If I remember correctly JLC's resume was not overwhelming before Halloween and she has not been in many earth shattering roles since she is just known because she was in Halloween, was a scream queen and her role in True Lies.

ghettomyers
09-19-2007, 12:03 AM
scout was pretty in the movie, but FINE in real life.......oooo jus give me 2 min maybe even 3, CLAWD have mercy!!....Look out now!!

Shamrock Silver
09-19-2007, 03:40 AM
I wonder if 20yrs. from now Scout will do another Halloween film as LAME as
H20...

SCT and JLC each did a good job playing their respective roles.
As for attractiveness - SCT by far....especially because the didn't wear an apron while she babysat and because she wasn't afraid to admit she wanted Ben Tramer's meat.

ghettomyers
09-19-2007, 05:49 AM
ahahaah yessir the meat has a very power effect.....if u will

punkrocklove
09-19-2007, 06:38 AM

I think Jamie is more beautiful as well.

Scout reminds me of Wifey from Paramore

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-19-2007, 12:06 PM

Hmm, 2 votes for Jamie, both from chicks. It must be the man-face...

Jamie Lee's pretty too. Not in a classically feminine sense I guess?

Her voice sounds like she could rotate your tires as well.

RazorBlade101
09-19-2007, 12:45 PM
I think shes sexy as hell ... She a really good job of what people told her to do.

Kinick
09-19-2007, 01:00 PM
I liked the fact that she is actually a seventeen year old, playing a seventeen year old. Her voice is quite funny at times, the way she says certains words... overall i thought she did a good job.

renee30152
09-19-2007, 02:35 PM
I never said she was hot just better looking the JLC and you do not know what Scout will do in the future. If I remember correctly JLC's resume was not overwhelming before Halloween and she has not been in many earth shattering roles since she is just known because she was in Halloween, was a scream queen and her role in True Lies.

Based on her talent her future is nada. She is a horrible actres. She can' act worth a donkeys butt.
JLC was a good actress in Halloween. After all she came from Hollywood family.

So true. I so agree with you.

Hmm, 2 votes for Jamie, both from chicks. It must be the man-face...

Jamie Lee's pretty too. Not in a classically feminine sense I guess?

Her voice sounds like she could rotate your tires as well.

Are you picking up on the horse face because the other guy said it?
Maybe two women said it because we are not horny guys looking for any girl that talks dirty. We actually look at their talent and their assests.
Scout has ZERO talent in the film. The film was good but could have been MUCH better if they cast a actress with actual talent.

Todd 78
09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Based on her talent her future is nada. She is a horrible actres. She can' act worth a donkeys butt.
JLC was a good actress in Halloween. After all she came from Hollywood family.

So true. I so agree with you.

Maybe two women said it because we are not horny guys looking for any girl that talks dirty. We actually look at their talent and their assests.
Scout has ZERO talent in the film. The film was good but could have been MUCH better if they cast a actress with actual talent.

Scout did a solid job imo, and I'm not just aying that cause she is cute. Pam Anderson is gorgeous but the only good acting she has done involves a tape with Tommy Lee.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-19-2007, 04:41 PM

Hey, I said "man-face" not "horse-face".

Her face looks a tad horsey to me, nothing too bad though. It's a hot horsey-man's face.

freethy
09-19-2007, 05:12 PM
All three girls acted over the top. Annoying more than anything.

Stage 3
09-19-2007, 08:32 PM
i didn't think all 3 of the girls did a good job. they acted pretty snobby. especially laurie, i just could not feel sorry for her character, i was like, "kill her michael, ppppllleeeezzzeee!

wyatt s
09-19-2007, 08:35 PM
i didn't think all 3 of the girls did a good job. they acted pretty snobby. especially laurie,

How exactly? I don't understand how exactly they were snobby.

Stage 3
09-19-2007, 08:37 PM
well, as a chick, it's from the observation or maybe i'm just pregnant, either one.
anyway, the whole movie reminded me of american pie meets scream. tada

wyatt s
09-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Well, I completely disagree with you on all points. But I don't really feel like debating it right now.

Stage 3
09-19-2007, 08:44 PM
eh, everybody has their own opinions and i don't really care.

TheShape'78
09-19-2007, 09:41 PM
well, as a chick, it's from the observation or maybe i'm just pregnant, either one.
anyway, the whole movie reminded me of american pie meets scream. tada

american pie? i don't see it. is it because of its sexual nature, cos pretty much every horror film since the slasher days have had this (horny teens are nothing new in horror). so i don't understand the American Pie statement.

and how exactly was it anything like scream, i mean seriously:

-the plot was nothing like scream's
-the antogonist is nothing like ghostface
-and the whole look/feel of the film feels nothing like scream, so once again i don't understand. is it because there is a killer, cos i'm pretty sure most horror films all have that in common.

i seriously didn't follow what you're saying at all.

-mitch-

renee30152
09-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Scout did a solid job imo, and I'm not just aying that cause she is cute. Pam Anderson is gorgeous but the only good acting she has done involves a tape with Tommy Lee.

I have never liked her acting. She is horrible. The only thing I have watched her in was VIP.
And tommy Lee. Can we say yuck? Kid Rock is way cuter. :D

i didn't think all 3 of the girls did a good job. they acted pretty snobby. especially laurie, i just could not feel sorry for her character, i was like, "kill her michael, ppppllleeeezzzeee!

I agree with you there exceot in Danielle's case.
I was kinda hopingMichael would kill her and put her out of misery. :bastard:

MrShape666
09-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Like I said, she came off as too dumb.

renee30152
09-20-2007, 01:52 PM
JLC's character came off too dumb?

Stage 3
09-20-2007, 03:46 PM
american pie? i don't see it. is it because of its sexual nature, cos pretty much every horror film since the slasher days have had this (horny teens are nothing new in horror). so i don't understand the American Pie statement.

and how exactly was it anything like scream, i mean seriously:

-the plot was nothing like scream's
-the antogonist is nothing like ghostface
-and the whole look/feel of the film feels nothing like scream, so once again i don't understand. is it because there is a killer, cos i'm pretty sure most horror films all have that in common.

i seriously didn't follow what you're saying at all.

-mitch-

i'm not in the mood of rewatching the film again.

renee30152
09-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Which one? Scream or Americain Pie?

Stage 3
09-20-2007, 05:36 PM
eh, those are the movies i only watched once and completely forgot about them.

wyatt s
09-20-2007, 05:40 PM
eh, those are the movies i only watched once and completely forgot about them.

American Pie and Scream are? Then I suggest that you not go about comparing another film to them if you have no memory of them.

Stage 3
09-20-2007, 05:43 PM
so what? i say what i want to say but that's how i can somewhat remember a film being clashed together like that. they could be the wrong title i picked out but they're are some things that will remind me from another movie and i would just be like oh hey, doesn't that remind you of...?

MrShape666
09-21-2007, 05:46 AM
JLC's character came off too dumb?

No, STC's.

renee30152
09-21-2007, 05:50 AM
I so agree with you. Dumb as a block.
I love Scream and have seen it so many times. Now Americain Pie, maybe have seen it once with my BF in the theatre.

wyatt s
09-21-2007, 05:56 AM
She came off, in my opinion, no dumber than JLC who had of course been seeing Myers all over the place the whole day and when somebody says they see somebody later that night she doesn't so much as ask what they looked like. Tommy wouldn't have been abled to answer that question, but still you'd think she'd ask it. I would. She basically dismisses it just because it's a little kid saying it. She also immediately goes back to the house when being chased, when in reality it probably would have been safer to continue screaming and pounding on various doors, becausse you know somebody will atleast call the cops. And in doing that you don't likely put children in danger. Scout's characterization may not have been the smartest cookie, but she's also no dumber than any other main heroine we've seen in any other slasher, including Laurie Strode.

temp19
09-21-2007, 10:49 PM
She came off, in my opinion, no dumber than JLC who had of course been seeing Myers all over the place the whole day and when somebody says they see somebody later that night she doesn't so much as ask what they looked like. Tommy wouldn't have been abled to answer that question, but still you'd think she'd ask it. I would. She basically dismisses it just because it's a little kid saying it. She also immediately goes back to the house when being chased, when in reality it probably would have been safer to continue screaming and pounding on various doors, becausse you know somebody will atleast call the cops. And in doing that you don't likely put children in danger. Scout's characterization may not have been the smartest cookie, but she's also no dumber than any other main heroine we've seen in any other slasher, including Laurie Strode.
Do not forget dropping a knife not once but twice and habitually turning her back on Myers because he was supposed to be dead. Yeah JLC's Laurie was no genius.

wyatt s
09-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Do not forget dropping a knife not once but twice and habitually turning her back on Myers because he was supposed to be dead. Yeah JLC's Laurie was no genius.

All too true. A good person, but not at all a brilliant one. Being worried about your textbook does not make you brilliant.

FooFighters
09-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I couldn't stand her. I hated her!

myersRUNNER2
09-23-2007, 09:57 AM
I enjoyed watching Scout portray Laurie in the new Halloween. She played her well, and despite what people think, she isnt a terrible actress. So instead of coming back here time after time posting negative stuff after someone has posted something good about her, go do something constructive with your time instead of sitting on a message board bashing somoene, that basically.. well, doesnt even know you exist. If you have such a problem with her acting, post once with your opinion and MOVE ON. Dont like her? Dont watch the movie again if her acting offends you so much.

And what i found actually very funny was about how people think Jamie Lee Curtis is better looking than Scout Taylor-Compton, im not saying Jamie is ugly, because she isnt.. but yeah Scout deffinatly, lets say in a nice way.. doesn't even get to be compared to Jamie Lee Curtis. Scout is clearly better looking than her, and im saying that in all honestness and not putting Jamie Lee down.

Im just so sick of people having nothing better to do with their time than sit her and hate on this movie and the acting because its NOT the original. I mean if doubted it so much in the beggining, you shouldn't have even seen it. So all in all in my opinion, Scout is a good, beautiful young actress.. and played the NEW Laurie well.

End of story.

renee30152
09-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Last time I checked it was a message board for people to debate and post basically whatever their opinions on the movie or actress within boundries. Not everyone on here has nothing to do with their time. I usually check the boards while doing my homework on my ecore classes or if I want o just relax while watching a mobie.
I never said Scott was ugly. In fact I said she was cute but defnitly not "hot." And why is it okey for people to put down JLC?
Other then here being the actress and a few minor things the movie was great.

temp19
09-24-2007, 10:58 AM
All too true. A good person, but not at all a brilliant one. Being worried about your textbook does not make you brilliant.
And do not forget not being able to get a date does not make you brilliant either. Damn I am enjoying this I thought I was the only one who disliked the JLC Laurie on this board haha.

Myers Insurance
09-24-2007, 11:01 AM
I think JLC is overrated. I mean, she was the one who basically requested H4-H6 be ignored to make her character look less like a betrayer/liar and more like a caring and overprotective mom.

Laurie2007
09-24-2007, 11:06 AM
i thought scout did really good...maybe because i can better relate to her because she's a teenager and my age ( not the whole my brother is psycho killer thing part) but id say JLC did good for portraying a teenage in the late 70's

mtd20_2000
10-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Worst performance in the entire movie.....period! Her acting was so bad I was hoping Michael would kill her so he could shut her pathetic ass up..........

renee30152
10-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I so agree with you. :D I was rooting for Michael to kill her and put her out of our misery. :D

Khan
10-01-2007, 03:10 PM
When she was first introduced in the movie, she was rubbing bagels against her boobs and talking dirty to her mom...

kooshdidude
10-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I liked Scout as Laurie. I cant really say which Laurie i prefered as they are both so different. I think it was more the way the character was written as to how Laurie is more bitchy and spoilt in this film, not Scouts acting. I thought she was good in this film. :)

renee30152
10-01-2007, 03:20 PM
When she was first introduced in the movie, she was rubbing bagels against her boobs and talking dirty to her mom...

I think that says it all about her character...

Khan
10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Oh, and then she humps Danielle Harris in front of some kids.

kooshdidude
10-01-2007, 03:42 PM
But the bagel and the humping thing weren't Scout's idea, they were Rob's lol. The bagel and the humping annie scenes were the two things i didnt really like about the character. Altho the humping thing gave me a bit of a giggle. lol. I think Zombie put these in to try and separate new Laurie from old Laurie, and it worked... shes no longer the innocent girl she was in the original.

Khan
10-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Either way, it made me dislike the character.

kooshdidude
10-01-2007, 03:51 PM
None of the three girls seemed to have much depth to the characters... nothing to do with the acting i wouldn't say.. the remake section all seemed a bit rushed. I think Scout did good with the character she was given. I think changing the character of Laurie from the innocent JLC to the kinda bitchy STC Laurie was a big risk. I can't say whether the change was a bad thing or not atm...

TheShape'78
10-01-2007, 06:40 PM
well i am 18 and i know how a lot of teenage girls act, and i gotta say she seemed like a real teenager. so to say she can't act is rediculous, now her lines are another story (blame that one on Rob, not Scout). her acting was fine, so i don't know what you guys's are talking about.

-mitch-

Khan
10-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I don't dislike Scout as a person, just the material she had to work with.

ten31
10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Just came back from seeing Halloween for a third time, and I like Scout as Laurie. I was originally a little put off with some of her lines(bitchy) but the scenes with her family and with Tommy and Lindsey make it for me.

MrShape666
10-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I think I said this elsewhere, but I did get a kick and a chuckle out of her holding those donuts over her boobs and saying "Mommy, mommy, he touched me in my special place." or something on that order.

Hallow's Eve
10-02-2007, 05:11 AM
I thought she did a pretty solid job and was believable. She seemed like a normal down to earth teenager. Like the girl next door and that's the way Laurie should be.

Laurie2007
10-02-2007, 06:40 AM
Oh, and then she humps Danielle Harris in front of some kids.
danielle humped her first...haha

renee30152
10-02-2007, 07:00 AM
I agree. I know it wasn't Scott's idea to put that in, it was Rob's. That scene made me dislike her as well. It was her acting that I hated.

Danny Strode
10-02-2007, 09:53 AM
danielle humped her first...haha

And it was great. ;)

Laurie2007
10-02-2007, 10:06 AM
:
And it was great.
haha for all of you guys im sure it was:roflmao:
but all that aside it was funny and i thought scout did great...she's a young actress give her time

Frazetta
10-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Did anyone watch Bones on Fox tonight? Scout was the Daughter of murdered woman. She didn't have a lot of screentime but she was good.

punkrocklove
10-03-2007, 06:37 AM
She's good in that music video too

Danny Strode
10-03-2007, 10:17 AM
I've only seen her in Halloween. I should get out more often.

ThornMember83
10-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Eh she did a ok job, seemed kind of blah to me. I really did not care about her one way or another.

punkrocklove
10-08-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm going to eat her up.
She's absolutely gorgeous!

tha shape
10-08-2007, 03:01 AM
i think she did a good job...but danielle harris was better :drool:

punkrocklove
10-08-2007, 03:33 AM
I don't agree with that at all, And I think most people say that because DH has been in a halloween movie before.

Danielle was unrealistic.

renee30152
10-09-2007, 08:39 AM
I disagree. People, at least I do, judge on what she did in the recent Halloween movie. IMHO and quite a few others, danielle was very good. She is an experienced actress and I can't wait to see more of her in future projects.
JC how was she unrealistic? I thought Scott was horrible. She couldn't act in the movie at all and I hope if they do another Halloween movie she will be recast.

punkrocklove
10-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Scout was more realistic in the fact she IS a teenager, therefore doesn't even need to act.
With Danielle, it's easy too see she wasn't a teenager, and a lot of people are only for her being in this movie because they were curious to see how much she'd changed from Jamie.

Oh and, most people are being shallow as hell about it. A LOT of people are saying "OH GOSH I'M GLAD SHE CAME BACK AND SHOWED HER BOOBS."

Scout, for me personally, did more than Danielle.

People seem to be taking it as I don't think Danielle's a good actress? I've never said that.

All I'm trying to put across is that I think she's an unrealistic teenager.

As for recasting Scout...That's just a stupid idea.

renee30152
10-09-2007, 09:07 AM
That is not true for most people. I couldn't care less that she showed her boobs. For me she was a better actress. I never thought you stated that as I know you didn't.
It is not a stupid idea. It was my point of view and from talking with people a majority of the people believe the same thing. They need to put someone who can actually ACT as the lead not just someone who can scream her head off. Heck I can do that.

punkrocklove
10-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Well, I guess it's a matter of preference.

I wasn't talking about particular people with the shallow comment, it was aimed at those who have said it.

And there are plenty of people that have.

renee30152
10-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh I know they have. Many of them on this board. I just ignore the comments as her showing her boobs did nothing for me at all.
Maybe with more jobs she will get better, but my opinion stands on that. Lets just agree to disagree. I actually love the movie except for a few minor things and that. :D

punkrocklove
10-09-2007, 09:16 AM
It's weird, at first I hated Scout as Laurie, but now...I'd just.....like to sit down and poke her cute face for a while lol.

renee30152
10-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Poke her cute face? WTF? :D

MichaelJrdnMyrs
10-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Poke her cute face? WTF? :D

Heh. Yeah, I thought punkrock was a chick.

punkrocklove
10-09-2007, 11:05 AM
I am lol.

I just think she's adorably cutesy.

Muse
10-10-2007, 04:17 AM
I thought she was great. I'm not really sure if I prefer this Laurie to the old one, but I know I really liked her in this movie.

Plus, Scout = way way hotter than JLC, imo, of course. ;D Haha.

killersweets
10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
i thought she pretty much sucked i wanted to see her get killed in this movie sorry ya ll

renee30152
10-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Same here. I was like Michael come on and kill her already. I think she is cute but JLC is cuter. :D IMHO :D
And I thought she was a girl too. :D

mtd20_2000
10-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey shape I was curious, where did you get that aviatar? It looks like a dvd cover or something.

LordBoogeyman
10-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Scout's a fine young actress and hopefully a new scream queen in the making. She played Zombie's Laurie very well, and yes, it was a very different character than the one Carpenter gave us. I've actually liked Scout in a few things, and for anyone who's ever gotten the chance to speak with her she's a very sincere person and a genuine horror fan. I always feel cheated when you like an actor in a horror movie or they do a string of them, and then they pull a Katherine Isabelle and totally backstab the genre that launched them. But no, Scout's a really cool chick and her Laurie rocked. JLC's portrayal of Laurie is a classic and really defined her as the scream queen of her era, so sadly yes Scout will always be under that shadow as Laurie. Still, that doesn't mean you should discredit her. As was mentioned before, JLC was the star of her movie, while Michael Myers was the star of Zombie's.

SeijyuroHiko790
10-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Alright, to kick off my account on these boards, I'll address some of the posts in this topic that I think are complete misconceptions. Let me preface it by saying that I thought the Halloween remake was pure and utter shit... entertaining, but pure and utter shit nonetheless (the equivalent of a run of the mill slasher movie with a more crisp presentation). In a broad sense, I thought Rob Zombie's intentions and writing were poor and out of focus. I don't know what to make of Scout Taylor-Compton, I've been debating in my mind whether it's Zombie who wrote the character poorly or if it's Compton who just isn't able to grasp it (I agree with renee- her career probably will go nowhere, she's a teen actress in the sense of her roles and the way she publicizes herself).

Now, back to those misconceptions that I've noticed in this topic (the ones about Laurie Strode in Halloween '78). The first one is the idea that JLC's character is "goody-goody" in the most extreme sense. The people that put forth this idea write as if she's some sort of evangelical Christian, because I'm sure that sort of person smokes pot and is genuinely interested in dating. The fact is, Laurie '78 is merely repressed, while her friends are more outgoing about such "forbidden" adolescent acts. Plus what does her wearing a damn apron have to do with this? If you want to apply the same nitpicking logic to it, how about if I suggest that she was wearing an apron so she wouldn't mess up her clothes because that's what an "un-repressed" teenage girl cares about? The same odd argument can be used for the other side. Debra Hill wrote the part in a well rounded way; yes indeed she's shy but that doesn't mean that it's in an extreme sense. If anything she's just caring, and in comparison to STC's character, much more so. People miss the point of her going back to the Doyle house- if anything, that's to protect the kids. If she's unsuccessful running away from Michael (and as evidenced by the house across the street, no one would take her seriously) then the next place he'll go would be the Doyle house (the children would be killed in their sleep no less). Plus she would not be able to continue to run to other places. I don't know if anyone noticed, but she kinda cracked her ankle and putting more strain on it won't make it any better.

Another thing that people seem to grab hold of and not let go is the fact that Laurie drops the knife multiple times. I'm sorry, but I don't think Laurie had any idea of Michael Myers (let alone anything) as supernatural at this point. Plus, this argument reeks of slasher movie memes... Halloween was no cliche by the time it came out.

This last one is a specific answer to wyatt s's statement that Laurie did not ask Tommy what the boogeyman looked like. Actually she did, and he responded with "Uhhh... the boogeyman." Laurie had doubts about the fact that she couldn't stop seeing Michael, and she probably rationalized that it was some guy (because she wasn't stalked later on). This argument also accuses the movie of being cliched. People have to understand that the idea of a stalker/killer in suburban US was completely foreign to audiences (and thus characters alike); Laurie did not take the incidents seriously once they stopped.

renee30152
10-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Alright, to kick off my account on these boards, I'll address some of the posts in this topic that I think are complete misconceptions. Let me preface it by saying that I thought the Halloween remake was pure and utter shit... entertaining, but pure and utter shit nonetheless (the equivalent of a run of the mill slasher movie with a more crisp presentation). In a broad sense, I thought Rob Zombie's intentions and writing were poor and out of focus. I don't know what to make of Scout Taylor-Compton, I've been debating in my mind whether it's Zombie who wrote the character poorly or if it's Compton who just isn't able to grasp it (I agree with renee- her career probably will go nowhere, she's a teen actress in the sense of her roles and the way she publicizes herself).

Now, back to those misconceptions that I've noticed in this topic (the ones about Laurie Strode in Halloween '78). The first one is the idea that JLC's character is "goody-goody" in the most extreme sense. The people that put forth this idea write as if she's some sort of evangelical Christian, because I'm sure that sort of person smokes pot and is genuinely interested in dating. The fact is, Laurie '78 is merely repressed, while her friends are more outgoing about such "forbidden" adolescent acts. Plus what does her wearing a damn apron have to do with this? If you want to apply the same nitpicking logic to it, how about if I suggest that she was wearing an apron so she wouldn't mess up her clothes because that's what an "un-repressed" teenage girl cares about? The same odd argument can be used for the other side. Debra Hill wrote the part in a well rounded way; yes indeed she's shy but that doesn't mean that it's in an extreme sense. If anything she's just caring, and in comparison to STC's character, much more so. People miss the point of her going back to the Doyle house- if anything, that's to protect the kids. If she's unsuccessful running away from Michael (and as evidenced by the house across the street, no one would take her seriously) then the next place he'll go would be the Doyle house (the children would be killed in their sleep no less). Plus she would not be able to continue to run to other places. I don't know if anyone noticed, but she kinda cracked her ankle and putting more strain on it won't make it any better.

Another thing that people seem to grab hold of and not let go is the fact that Laurie drops the knife multiple times. I'm sorry, but I don't think Laurie had any idea of Michael Myers (let alone anything) as supernatural at this point. Plus, this argument reeks of slasher movie memes... Halloween was no cliche by the time it came out.

This last one is a specific answer to wyatt s's statement that Laurie did not ask Tommy what the boogeyman looked like. Actually she did, and he responded with "Uhhh... the boogeyman." Laurie had doubts about the fact that she couldn't stop seeing Michael, and she probably rationalized that it was some guy (because she wasn't stalked later on). This argument also accuses the movie of being cliched. People have to understand that the idea of a stalker/killer in suburban US was completely foreign to audiences (and thus characters alike); Laurie did not take the incidents seriously once they stopped.

I like your post. Good job and welcome to the mayhem that we lovenly call the board. :D

I am lol.

I just think she's adorably cutesy.

Now, as I have stated before didn't much care for her acting, but I did say she was cute and she is. Not hot but cute. :D

TheShape'78
10-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Now, as I have stated before didn't much care for her acting, but I did say she was cute and she is. Not hot but cute. :D

and that's all that matters to me. i hate chicks that are quote unquote "hot", cute's what i am looking for (that along w/ a brain and sense of humor).

-mitch-

Myers Insurance
10-26-2007, 04:09 AM
If they did make a sequel, perhaps having someone write good dialouge will actually show off Scout's talents.

As much as I like the remake, I do have to say that the dialouge is where the movie falls short.

renee30152
10-26-2007, 07:29 AM
I have to agree there. Not on her acting being good, but the dialogue. Dr. Loomis was HORRIBLE. "I do believe it was." WTF?

Funkybeat
10-27-2007, 07:58 AM
I think her acting was good. I think the character itself was actually kind of well written. She reminded me of a realistic teenager. She might've been annoying but...again, realistic teenager.

Revenant
10-30-2007, 07:08 AM
My take on it is this. John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN is the greatest Horror movie of all time. But, if it was never made and Rob Zombie had created this film everyone would be talking about how great this movie is instead of bashing it for not being as good as the original, yada yada yada.

Jaime Lee Curtis did a great job hands down. TWICE!

Scout Taylor Compton did a pretty good job for her first big role. I hope to see her do another HALLOWEEN film with or without Rob Zombie's name attached to it. Maybe then we'll see more of her skills as this character.

Revenant

punkrocklove
10-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Did anyone notice that Scout called Danielle "Jamie" at one point?

I can't mind if what cut that was though..but it happened.

Khan
10-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Scout Taylor Compton did a pretty good job for her first big role. I hope to see her do another HALLOWEEN film with or without Rob Zombie's name attached to it. Maybe then we'll see more of her skills as this character.

Revenant

Zombie isn't coming back, so we will be getting a new writer and director who will most likely be better.

Halloween444
11-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Scout Taylor Compton was Ok has Laurie Strode in the new movie and I really hope she come back for the sequel if there is one made at some points. I have yet to received my autographied pictures autograph from her a friend of mine got is autograph like 2 month after he ask for it can anyone tell me how much time it took to received your Scout signed items?

MrShape666
11-12-2007, 10:59 PM
I saw her a few weeks ago on Bones. She wasn't too convincing as a scientist.

Danny Strode
11-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Did anyone notice that Scout called Danielle "Jamie" at one point?

I can't mind if what cut that was though..but it happened.

I thought so too! Wasn't at the part when Danielle "humped" her?

Todd 78
11-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Zombie isn't coming back, so we will be getting a new writer and director who will most likely be better.

Uwe Bowel or Eli Roth:bastard: Ill take Zombies Halloween over any horror film this year including that god awful saw IV

Khan
11-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Don't get me started on Uwe Boll. ;)

If Eli Roth directed, the movie would resemble one long torture scene.

Danny Strode
11-14-2007, 12:40 PM
If Eli Roth directed, the movie would resemble one long torture scene.

Ugh. That'd be bad.

The Dark Shape
11-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Uwe Bowel or Eli Roth:bastard: Ill take Zombies Halloween over any horror film this year including that god awful saw IV

I'll take it over Dead Silence, The Hitcher and The Hills Have Eyes II, but that's about it.

renee30152
11-16-2007, 02:31 PM
I liked Dead Silence. Hated Hills Have Eyes 2. The Hitcher was pretty good IMHO.

The Dark Shape
11-16-2007, 02:53 PM
The Hitcher was an abomination. It completely missed the point of the original.

...kinda like Rob Zombie's Halloween, in that regard.

The Dark Knight
11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
I've never cared for any of the 3 The Hitcher movies. the sequel just didn't make any sense to why it was made.

renee30152
11-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Now The Hills Have Eyes Franchise is a waste of time and money.

mattc_85
11-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Now The Hills Have Eyes Franchise is a waste of time and money.

Original or Remake?

The Dark Shape
11-19-2007, 10:53 AM
The Hills Have Eyes 2006 is so much better than Halloween 07 it's kind of funny.

mattc_85
11-19-2007, 10:54 AM
The Hills Have Eyes 2006 is so much better than Halloween 07 it's kind of funny.

I will have to agree with that.

Muse
11-19-2007, 11:15 AM
I will have to agree with that.

Me too ;] I love THHE remake.

Chris_Sydney
11-22-2007, 05:08 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but the movie just opened here in Australia so it's the first time I've been able to comment. I thought Scout did a decent job. She was fantastic as the victim in the final chase, but up until then was the victim of a fairly dodgy script. The interaction between the three girls was my least favourite part of the film. It seemed like a wasted opportunity to give the audience much needed insight into who they were so you'd feel some empathy for them when they were attacked by Michael.

Still, like I said, Scout really brought it home at the end. Good on her.

x

renee30152
11-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Original or Remake?

Remake.

I so disagree with that. That movie was horrible.

Laurie Strode
11-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Yea right. I'd pick The Hills Have Eyes 06' over Halloween 07' anyday.

Revenant
12-08-2007, 07:21 PM
That's kind of funny that you guys mentioned Eli Roth and Alexandre Aja cuz they're the first two guys I'd recommend to direct a continuation of Zombie's Halloween.

Revenant

Worthystevens
12-08-2007, 07:28 PM
They were both good. Though HHE06 is a better made movie, I prefer Zombieween to it.

The Dark Shape
12-08-2007, 07:29 PM
I so disagree with that. That movie was horrible.

And yet still a much better movie than Zombie's Halloween.

Severed
12-09-2007, 08:13 AM

I'd say that's assuming allot. That's like saying "Halloween 2 was a good movie, so the same director would make another Halloween film that's just as good."

Khan
12-09-2007, 08:29 AM
I'd say that's assuming allot. That's like saying "Halloween 2 was a good movie, so the same director would make another Halloween film that's just as good."

You make a good point.:nodsmile:

It might just be some music video director.

renee30152
12-15-2007, 11:14 AM
And yet still a much better movie than Zombie's Halloween.

Well it comes down to matter of opinion. I thought Halloween was pretty good and the other a complete crapfeast.

horrorfreak123
12-17-2007, 05:11 PM
I thought Scout did an awesome job, she had a big role to play and she did great, in my opinion she was JLC all over again, only she brought a little something new to the character.

1978 COLLECTOR
12-17-2007, 05:43 PM
She is a good actress and all, but I will say this, the things done to change the character changed her too much. I mean, one of the first scenes we see of Scout is that she is holding two douhnuts by her boobs and saying something about someone touching her in a dirty area or some other crap. I gove her 6/10. Jamie Lee gets a 9/10...

Chaosboy
12-17-2007, 05:52 PM
She is a good actress and all, but I will say this, the things done to change the character changed her too much. I mean, one of the first scenes we see of Scout is that she is holding two douhnuts by her boobs and saying something about someone touching her in a dirty area or some other crap. I gove her 6/10. Jamie Lee gets a 9/10...

Why would you want the character to be the same??....if you want same, watch the original....so she has some sass and edge to her....its DIFFERENT! that's the whole point!!

1978 COLLECTOR
12-17-2007, 05:53 PM
It was still shocking. In a funny way...

Roswell
12-17-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't see why that would shock anyone. A lot of teenage girls are like that (yes, even the ones who aren't usually the bad girls).

1978 COLLECTOR
12-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Well, you can say I do not really get out much...

PatientX
12-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Even though the original Laurie was so very sweet and innocent I liked her 100 times better than RZ's Laurie.
The fact that JLC Laurie was this way made me feel more for her.
JLC performance was just fantastic.

Shane
12-17-2007, 08:01 PM
I thought that she did a totally satisfactory job. There was nothing awful about it, and it's great that she changed it up a bit. I like the original Laurie more simply because I prefer the feel of the original more.

Danny Strode
12-18-2007, 11:24 AM
The bagel scene was probably the best. ;)

Deckard
12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Anyone watch her screen tests yet from the DVD? I've never thought really about how hard it must be to sit in a room and just have someone reading lines to you and for you to be able to play a role- create a character in that situation...it's just crazy. And I think she did great. The screen test with all three girls was just great.

Danny Strode
12-19-2007, 11:01 AM
I haven't watched the bonus material yet. I hope her screen test was better than Jessica Biel's for TCM.

renee30152
12-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Even though the original Laurie was so very sweet and innocent I liked her 100 times better than RZ's Laurie.
The fact that JLC Laurie was this way made me feel more for her.
JLC performance was just fantastic.

I so agree with you. Maybe with some more experience, Scout will be better.

tama_drummer91
12-25-2007, 09:46 PM
I liked Scouts performance a lot better. I didnt really feel too much emotion for JLC, never have. She seemed too stiff and boring. Im a nerd myself, but Im not that stiff. After watching some of the casting scenes where Scout rehearsed, I can honestly say that I don't believe JLC could have done as well as her when she made H1. I seriously doubt it; I cant see JLC doing some of the scenes that Scout had to pull off. The first time I saw RZH I didnt think too much of her, but the Unrated DVD makes me love her. She could be a great actress one day. A manse amount of potential there.

Khan
12-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Wow, all of a sudden, Jamie Lee Curtis is worthless trash in the eyes of some people...

tama_drummer91
12-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Wow, all of a sudden, Jamie Lee Curtis is worthless trash in the eyes of some people...

Only those who support Busta.

No, Im just not a big JLC fan. I dont dislike her by any means, but shes not my favorite.

Khan
12-25-2007, 09:57 PM
However, she is very well respected by the vast majority of people, to the point of getting an A&E biography and being officially labeled a scream queen.

tama_drummer91
12-25-2007, 09:59 PM
However, she is very well respected by the vast majority of people, to the point of getting an A&E biography and being officially labeled a scream queen.

Id say she deserves it over many of the so called actors and actresses of Hollywood.

Khan
12-25-2007, 10:00 PM
And the role of Laurie was her big break into Hollywood and is well respected by those who matter.

Danny Strode
12-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Honestly, I never liked Jamie Lee Curtis until I saw Halloween.

Khan
12-26-2007, 12:40 PM
I think she is a wonderful and talented actress who deserves all the praise she gets.

MyersHunter20
12-27-2007, 05:38 PM
although i though Scout did a great job as laurie strode, i will say that it will never live up to JLC. JLC made that role what it is!!!