PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best between Sam Loomis and Michael Myers in Rob Zombie Halloween ?

Freddy_666
09-04-2007, 06:47 AM
Explain your choice !

Severed
09-04-2007, 07:04 AM
I don't think I understand the question. Do you mean what scene is the best between Loomis and Michael?

Khan
09-04-2007, 09:05 AM
I think he means who was the best character in the remake, but I am not sure.

Rich
09-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Both characters sucked.

Michael Myers = NOT Even Michael Myers, but Leatherface in a Michael Myers mask, kneeling down to give Laurie a photograph and taking his mask off to her of his own will. That is not the Shape...not The Boogeyman.

Dr. Loomis = A character I did not care about at all, he lacked the darkness and dread that the original Loomis gave to the original film. The actor just plain sucked.

My favorite character in the movie was Michael's mother. She was sympathetic and kind hearted who just wanting things to be better for her family. She loved her son even after what he had committed, and she acted rather well. I think she was really the only character I even remotely gave a flying f*ck about in the whole movie.

Freddy_666
09-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Both characters sucked.

Michael Myers = NOT Even Michael Myers, but Leatherface in a Michael Myers mask, kneeling down to give Laurie a photograph and taking his mask off to her of his own will. That is not the Shape...not The Boogeyman.

Dr. Loomis = A character I did not care about at all, he lacked the darkness and dread that the original Loomis gave to the original film. The actor just plain sucked.

My favorite character in the movie was Michael's mother. She was sympathetic and kind hearted who just wanting things to be better for her family. She loved her son even after what he had committed, and she acted rather well. I think she was really the only character I even remotely gave a flying f*ck about in the whole movie.

Is it that hard to stop comparing Pleasance to Mcdowell i mean the guy just want to do an homage not immitate Pleasance for christ sake.

Freddy_666
09-04-2007, 10:35 AM
I think he means who was the best character in the remake, but I am not sure.

Yeah right that the question !

valkyrie131
09-06-2007, 11:21 AM
I'd have to vote for Loomis, even tho he was given a sucky script to work with. He was the only character to even remotely resemble the original. Most of the rest of the cast seem to be in the movie only because they are somehow related to Rob's roadies...

FooFighters
09-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Michael was the best. He did a great job, but didn't have much to work with. Sam Loomis was terrible! I also read somewhere that he hadn't even seen the original before.

Khan
09-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Neither of them had anything to work with.

hamburglar6
09-07-2007, 05:32 AM
I personally did not have a favorite character at all...I thought the film lacked alot so no character jumped out at me.

The whole Michael kneeling down to give Laurie his picture was just crap!

The first Loomis was better but I will give credit to the guy who portrayed Loomis this time, he did have something about him that I was able to relate the character.

Freddy_666
09-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Loomis in Halloween of Rob Zombie was very good ! But first time I heard Loomis was going to be replaced, I wasn't that quite convinced, but I saw the movie, which surprised me and now I respect him ...

Reobeem
09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
both were really bad but at least Loomis tried to do something about the Myers problem unlike the police

Myers Insurance
09-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Michael > Sam Loomis. Sorry McDowel, couldn't get into you.

Patrick1679
09-13-2007, 03:33 PM
I think Michael was GREAT!

I agree that the scene where he kneels down and hands the pic to Laurie sucks. I hated it. But that doesn't destroy Michaels character in the movie for me.

I saw alot of similarities between Mane's performance and Nick Castle's. I thought he was excellent.

Loomis. I have mixed feelings.

Khan
09-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Michael > Sam Loomis. Sorry McDowel, couldn't get into you.

He makes a better Linderman then a Loomis.

RazorBlade101
09-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Donald wasnt perfect in H4,H5, and H6 but yous loved him. (So Did I)

Malcome wasnt perfect in The Remake, but he sucks?

MyersFan75
09-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Myers.

He was played very well in this film. I didn't like him kneeling down and showing his love for Laurie, though.

And Loomis; well, McDowell did what he could, and he had the perfect look and screen presence, but it just didn't work, for whatever reason. His character just didn't stick with me like Donald's version did.

MyersFan75
09-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Donald wasnt perfect in H4,H5, and H6 but yous loved him. (So Did I)

Malcome wasnt perfect in The Remake, but he sucks?

Loomis' character was terrific in Halloween 4. How was he any different?

In Halloween 5, he became a bit obsessed, but it worked well. Pleasance made it believeable. And in H6, he did fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was Loomis, just very old and not really important to the story this time around. (Especially in the T-Cut. Ugh.)

wyatt s
09-15-2007, 09:47 PM
in H6, he did fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was Loomis, just very old and not really important to the story this time around. (Especially in the T-Cut. Ugh.)

Correction: It was Loomis, if you didn't get up and leave the room for five minutes causing you to miss him entirely

As for Rob's Halloween, I like Michael Myers. It's the first time I've really felt anything in the character that truly frightened me for a long time.

Rich
09-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Donald wasnt perfect in H4,H5, and H6

I think Donald was perfect in every Halloween he did.

Both Loomis and adult Myers in Rob's movie sucked. I liked the young Myers though.

njdevs03champs
09-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Michael was great!!! Loomis was better then I thought he was going to be.

metallicabowler
09-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Loomis came off as more of an asshole in this one than he did in Carpenter's version, but I thought that it was done very well. Both Michaels did a great job in their roles, and I thought their characters had more depth, so I'll say Michael.

Freddy_666
09-17-2007, 01:20 PM
I think Donald was perfect in every Halloween he did.

That's very true loomis was good in every Halloween movies inclued in the Rob's Halloween ..

Both Loomis and adult Myers in Rob's movie sucked. I liked the young Myers though.

First of all both loomis and adult micheal dont suck its your opinion but stop comparing it to the original for christ sake it is not Carpenter version it is Rob version ... :bigeyes:

PsychicWarsVet
10-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Michael kneeling and showing her a the photo is a direct call back to Halloween 5.
In 5 you recall, Michael shows his face to young Jamie when she is laying in the coffin.
I thought it a nice touch in both pictures myself.

As a whole, I really think Rob and Co. did an outstanding job in delivering a rather good redo of several of the Halloween's rolled into one.

Perfect? No.
Are all the others? By no means.
Are they all entertaining? ALWAYS!

Rich
10-23-2007, 12:36 AM
You think homaging a piece of junk like Halloween 5 was a good idea? Making an homage to a movie that turned Michael into a crybaby was a good idea? The only movie that needed homaging was the original.

PsychicWarsVet
10-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Indeed. The first is classic among classics and is one of the, if not the BEST horror pictures ever made. I enjoy the whole franchise myself. Don't love 'em all like I do the first but they are good fun. Just makin' an observation Rich ol' boy.

Fact of business in the first, the best, the original, John Carpenter's Halloween, Michael Myers is "humanized" from the get go in that picture. He is an little boy who dressed up in a clown outfit and killed. Not an evil little specter or a evil little phantom or dare I say an evil little "shape". Just a little boy with issues.

Much like the shark in JAWS they are both flesh.

Loomis- "I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes."

Quint- "...the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then..."

Both living, corporal creatures who embody evil.

At any rate I liked both Myers and Loomis for what they are in Zombie's picture. Didn't love the scripted lines so much for Loomis for the most part but thought Malcolm McDowell did the best with what he had.

Khan
10-23-2007, 03:07 AM
As a whole, I really think Rob and Co. did an outstanding job in delivering a rather good redo of several of the Halloween's rolled into one.

Wrong!

This was a remake of the first one only.

Rich
10-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I mean, Rob hates the sequels. As far as Michael goes, he was the personification of evil. In the original he did not need to be this person's brother (aside from Judith) or that person's uncle or any of that bs. He was the boogeyman plain and simple.

That kneeling scene was not an homage to Halloween 5 because Rob has said many times that he does not like the sequels. It was just a dumb idea plain and simple.

renee30152
10-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Will I defintly like JC's Loomis a lot better. RZ's Loomis is a self centered wimp.
I like both the Michaels. RZ's is a bit more violent but both are scary.

ThornMember83
10-23-2007, 06:59 PM
The Michael in this flim was decent, Mane did a good job I think. Loomis on the other hand felt pretty flat I think.

F@@@inlovemyers
10-28-2007, 10:58 PM
everything about rob zombies halloween sucked plain and simple

Loomisgreat
12-31-2007, 07:01 AM
In Halloween 9, I would say Michael Myers. Tyler Mane did a good job as Michael. I just can't take Michael McDowell seriously as Dr. Loomis. His performance is subpar compared to Donald Pleasance. I will always think of Malcolm as the guy who killed Captain Kirk first before as the guy that replaced Donald Pleasance.

NYCKing87
01-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I think I like Mc.Dowell better. Yes, he can't deliver the "magic" that Pleasance was able to deliver on screen, but it was fun to have a different but yet "similar" Loomis to a certain extent with a little spunk.