PDA

View Full Version : The "I love Daeg" thread

punkrocklove
09-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Well, we've got a thread for Michael and Loomis and the girls..but what about the REAL show stealer, mr Daeg Faerch?

In my opinion, he really shone in this movie.
With him being so young, it's always hard to imagine he'd be any good, but wow.
He really got into character, and did every emotion needed so so well.

The scenes (in the work print) where he's talking to Loomis, saying all he remembers about the night of Halloween and asking his mum about the people at home are so moving, I think thats the first time I've ever almost shed a tear over a Halloween movie.

So yes, this thread is for praise, for this talented young man.
And I hope we see him a lot more in different movies.

The Dark Shape
09-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Daeg = great

HannibalBEATNGU
09-03-2007, 01:05 PM
I want a Children of the Corn remake with him as one of the main kids.

Fiberawptic
09-03-2007, 01:06 PM
I want a Children of the Corn remake with him as one of the main kids.

This belongs in the joke forum...

Anyway, the kid was good, at first i wasnt to keen on him looking like a girl. But i started to really like the kid...

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Amen. After watching the workprint I thought I must've been high for enjoying the first part as much as I did.

The boy made me not care about all the flaws. One of the best things about the movie.

Silverpsycho
09-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Daeg Faerch was a definite highlight and he was truly a nice surprise. I will admit I was worried about him being cast as a young Myers but wow...he was probably the reason I like the new HalloweeN as much as I do. He has this unique creepy look and his performance was impressive. I was very pleased with the young Myers interpretation. Yay for Daeg! :D

Khan
09-03-2007, 01:33 PM
He really impressed me.

Myers-89
09-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Yep, Daeg was awesome. He was absolutely perfect for the part of young Myers. He had that creepy allure about him that just clicked.

HaLLoWeeNiGhT
09-03-2007, 01:34 PM
"I said Fuck YOU."

Awesome.

ragethorn
09-03-2007, 01:38 PM
He was Rob Zombie's Halloween.

2nd, Tyler Mane.

Roswell
09-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Excellent performance by him.

MichaelMyers04
09-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Daeg was awesome. He stole the spotlight in the first 2 acts. Very talented kid.

HannibalBEATNGU
09-03-2007, 02:42 PM
This belongs in the joke forum...

Anyway, the kid was good, at first i wasnt to keen on him looking like a girl. But i started to really like the kid...

Actually I was serious, I really think he'd be perfect for that; he's definitely one of the best things about Rob's Halloween.

wyatt s
09-03-2007, 04:14 PM
His performance is probably one of the strongest, atleast from my perspective, in the history of the franchise. I would kind of like to see him return in some capacity in the sequels that I'm now pretty positive we'll get. I don't know how they'd pull that off but it'd definately be cool.

Reobeem
09-03-2007, 04:41 PM
he did very well, I just hope this movie doesn't hurt his career, I hope he gets good roles in the future

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-03-2007, 05:40 PM
His performance is probably one of the strongest, atleast from my perspective, in the history of the franchise.

Damn, you know, you're right. I'd say Donald Pleasance in the first, then... him?

Worthystevens
09-03-2007, 07:08 PM
The shot of him watching his bully from afar - in classic Myers fashion no less - was absolutely creepy.

WhiteZombie
09-03-2007, 07:13 PM
He was amazing. I loved how real he looked. He looked liek a typical kid, but he could be creepy as hell at times. He wasint casted cause hes your typical "creepy" looking kid. And he also wasint your typical actor kid, who could have been in a Kool-Aid commercial. I loved his watching of the bully scene, it was very Myers, good to see him start young.

jigsaw_dude
09-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Daeg really was incredible was little Michael Myers. He really was able to show Michael's anger and emotion and he really made me believe it was Michael Myers.

ten31
09-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Great acting chops but that boy needs a hair cut ;)

ten31
09-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Damn, you know, you're right. I'd say Donald Pleasance in the first, then... him?

I would still rate Danielle Harris's performance of Jamie in H4 higher.

njdevs03champs
09-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Daeg was phenomenal.

MacG
09-03-2007, 07:59 PM
for some reason, I wasn't too fond of him in the role. I don't know but when I first saw the trailers and they showed him in the police car, I thought he was a girl. I guess his performance was good, but the scene in the bathroom was very bad IMO. When the bully's were pushing him and the principal came in to break it up, it really looked like he was about to laugh. I've seen the movie 3 times, and everytime it always looks that way to me. I do agree that him watching the bully from far away was creepy, but all he did was just stand there. he didn't do bad, but nothing in his performance really stood out. i guess i'm in the minority haha

Villain612
09-03-2007, 11:12 PM
He was definitely a bright spot for the film.

He seemed like a real kid with real problems.

HEcamehome
09-04-2007, 04:37 AM
He was the star of that film, for sure. Maybe when he's older, he can play Adult Michael with the mask and all lol. Yeah, the movie would not have been the same without him (I'm one of the few that enjoyed the movie).

Ryan
09-04-2007, 05:19 AM
I didn't really care for the prequel part of the movie at all, but still, Daeg was a very impressive actor.

Knockworstface
09-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Daeg = great

Agreed!!

zombie commando
09-04-2007, 09:31 AM
He seemed like a real messed up kid. I felt bad for him during the scene he was crying and Loomis was hugging him. It was like his last gasp of humanity before completely flushing away his sanity.

Michael_Kennedy
09-04-2007, 10:53 AM
I have to agree with most posters here. I had anticipated Daeg as being the worst part of this movie (I just didn't like his look), but he blew my socks off (and you should have heard the gasps for air in the audience when that happened :D )!

He was one of the best parts of the film, and really made me believe that HE was 'pure evil.' (in fact, Daeg reminded me of one of the kids in the IT novel, by Stephen King. The teen was the only kid in that story that I wanted It to kill).

Myers Insurance
09-04-2007, 10:57 AM
He was amazing. I'd say next to Donald Pleasence, he was probably the best in the series. I could've watched the whole movie with him in it if it was possible.

renee30152
09-04-2007, 11:01 AM
I don't think he is nowhere near the cutest kid, but I will say he has talent.
When he murdered that bully and his family it was darn near creepy.

Michael_Kennedy
09-04-2007, 11:02 AM
I guess his performance was good, but the scene in the bathroom was very bad IMO. When the bully's were pushing him and the principal came in to break it up, it really looked like he was about to laugh. I've seen the movie 3 times, and everytime it always looks that way to me.

It didn't look that way to me. He seemed ready to boil over. In fact, I've seen that look before, on my own face, in the mirror, when I've been extraordinarily pissed off.

Straying OT here, but, when I was in 7th grade, I had my own 'rage' to deal with. Anytime anyone did something, said something, or even looked at me, the wrong way, I would beat the crap out of them. A teacher (just like Myers) tried to break up a fight one day, and I threw a desk at him (unlike Myers, though it was one of those cheap plastic and aluminum ones).

I got help, of course, with my anger issues. Unfortunately, Michael didn't get it in time.

Anyway, Daeg just really made me connect and want to sympathize with young Michael, on that level (it went out the window, though, when he attacked his first human victim. Bully or not, that was too far).

ragethorn
09-04-2007, 11:07 AM
"Mommy, is everyone at home doing ok?" - Michael Myers

CLASSIC!

Love Sherri's reaction to it. Just puzzled.

I'd love to see 10 year old Michael Myers figure from McFarlane. haha! Wishful thinkin'.

Specifically of him standing over the nurse bleeding to death with a fork in his hand.

renee30152
09-04-2007, 11:19 AM
The fork death was awesome. Didn't see it coming. Totally like cool. :D

Psych0ticNemes1s
09-04-2007, 11:47 AM
He ran like a five year old school girl but he playe dan impressive disturbed "villain".

Andre3000
09-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Daeg was my favorite actor in the movie. Right before to Scout Taylor-Compton of course..

nwiser
09-04-2007, 02:30 PM
His performance is probably one of the strongest, atleast from my perspective, in the history of the franchise. I would kind of like to see him return in some capacity in the sequels that I'm now pretty positive we'll get. I don't know how they'd pull that off but it'd definately be cool.

I was also thinking something like that would be really great but I didnt want to be the first one to mention it. :)

While I'm sure his part wouldnt be as full as it was in this movie...I'm sure they could work in a few scenes in one or more of the sequels in the form of flashbacks to Smiths Grove. The cool thing is since we saw him for only the first few years he was there, him having aged in sequels will actually fit right in from any scenes they might show of him in between then and when Michael escapes.

ten31
09-04-2007, 02:50 PM
He ran like a five year old school girl but he playe dan impressive disturbed "villain".

That's the way I thought Mcdowell's Loomis ran.

mmyers78
09-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Daeg was awesome, he did an excellent job

Rich
09-04-2007, 03:34 PM
The kid Michael was better then the adult one.

punkrocklove
09-05-2007, 06:54 AM
I really wish there was a way to bring him back for the next movie.

Maybe they could do the whole Laurie meeting him in the assylum thing?
I don't know.
Something! Anything!

renee30152
09-05-2007, 07:02 AM
I hope to see him again.
Thought Danielle was the best actress followed by him.
Danielle was awesome in this film.
Compton was okey and the other guy was okey.
He was a creepy little kid.

halo thirty one
09-05-2007, 07:02 AM
I don't know it's a coincidence or just my imagination but he reminded me of Homer, the young vampire in Near Dark.

zombie commando
09-05-2007, 08:45 AM
I don't know it's a coincidence or just my imagination but he reminded me of Homer, the young vampire in Near Dark.

They definitely share a resemblence.

renee30152
09-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Like a total resemblence. Like totally. :D

Halloween444
09-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Daeg did a fantastic job in the Remake of Halloween speciallly in the scene with Ronnie White and Daryl Sabara.

The Kilted One
09-05-2007, 11:44 AM
I agree, Daeg did a huge job. What was he, about 11, when they did the filming?

Halloween444
09-05-2007, 11:45 AM
I agree, Daeg did a huge job. What was he, about 11, when they did the filming?

Yeah Still is I think...

ragethorn
09-05-2007, 12:22 PM
He stole the show. Easily.

From right underneath McDowell too.

Mechanix1992
09-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Daeg was perfect, and I felt bad because Ronnie and everyone were assholes. Once Michael was Michael, I felt I was watching Daeg which really means that he was great as Young Michael. I also felt bad for Mamma Deborah because she was really trying to understand Michael, and she went kaboom =[

freethy
09-05-2007, 03:52 PM
The kid did a good job. But whoever said Danielle Harris done a better performance than Malcom is clearly under the influence of LSD.

Drugs are bad...Well, apart from the ones I smoke.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Heh. This is weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oZCSnFq8B4

valkyrie131
09-05-2007, 07:22 PM
I didn't care for the young Michael at all. Maybe I'm just a tradionalist but the original one didn't have long hair, wasn't 10, didn't mutilate animals, didn't murder everyone but his mother, etc. Even though the original young Michael was shown only briefly, I was more impressed by him than the pouty, chubby little boy who didn't explain any more than we already knew.

renee30152
09-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I thought he did good and showed his connection to his mums and his craving for love an affection.

benluvin
09-05-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm just going to repeat what has been said, but I thought the kid did great. On the commecials and such I didn't like the look he had, but when I saw the movie I thought he did great. Played all the parts well, and his look was just fine. I consider him more Michael Myers than I do Tyler Mane.

punkrocklove
09-07-2007, 07:33 AM
He helped the suicide of his mum become a lot mroe emotional.

Latin Razkal
09-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Yea Young Myers rocked so badass,so brutal watching him I was like damn who woulda knew he had all that anger and hatred inside? another thing I liked was his ability to switch emotions on and off like a light switch like the one part and sorry don't know how to use the spoiler tag yet where he killed Ronnie,Judith and her b.f then walked over to young Jamie and said Happy Halloween Boo classic

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Yea Young Myers rocked so badass,so brutal watching him I was like damn who woulda knew he had all that anger and hatred inside? another thing I liked was his ability to switch emotions on and off like a light switch like the one part and sorry don't know how to use the spoiler tag yet where he killed Ronnie,Judith and her b.f then walked over to young Jamie and said Happy Halloween Boo classic

At first when I saw pictures of him online, he looked scary in some, and in others not so much.

But yeah, this worked very well in the movie. Rob definitely played on his innocent look as well as his dark one.

4BarrelHemi
09-07-2007, 09:29 PM
I dunno I really didn't get into his role or acting that much. I thought the part with him and Loomis talking was pretty bad.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-07-2007, 09:44 PM
I dunno I really didn't get into his role or acting that much. I thought the part with him and Loomis talking was pretty bad.

I didn't think he was the most polished actor either, but he had a real presence that could switch from very innocent-looking to evil in the blink of an eye.

Towelman
09-10-2007, 03:13 PM

Speaking of coincidences, the Near Dark kid appeared briefly in Halloween III as the son of Dr Challis.

Deputy Logan
10-01-2007, 02:15 AM
I thought Daeg was the best thing in this movie. A seriously talented young actor. I loved all the "young Michael" part of the film and he made it. Well done Daeg!:bow: :nodsmile:

kooshdidude
10-01-2007, 03:24 PM
I thought Daeg was great in this movie and he seems very talented. It was great to see more of Myers as a kid. And he creeped me out when Deborah took off his mask in the sanitarium after he killed the nurse... the silent screaming, the hatred in his face. wow! :D

Hallow's Eve
10-02-2007, 04:35 AM
He did an excellent job, the best acting performace of the film by far. His slow descent into madness feels very real.

*wanted*
10-02-2007, 10:33 AM
i know a kid who looks exactly like him...long blond hair big eyes chubby face... my god when i see this kid im gonna hit the roof haha

micheals hair amused me...how he went so white to dark brown...had baby dreads at the frunt and managed to keep micheals hair the same length his whole life haha did nobody elce notis this? maybe its just me being an overly chritical hairdresser...:crazy:

Shape813
10-18-2007, 02:24 PM
I am extremely impressed with this young actor. I think he pulled it off great with his different sub-characters (evilness, innocence, sadness, happiness). His facial expressions and the way he portrayed his character as young michael was great. Is it me or everytime I see the Adult Michael I see Daeg's role and his evolution into the adult michael?

MichaelJrdnMyrs
10-19-2007, 04:23 PM
I am extremely impressed with this young actor. I think he pulled it off great with his different sub-characters (evilness, innocence, sadness, happiness). His facial expressions and the way he portrayed his character as young michael was great. Is it me or everytime I see the Adult Michael I see Daeg's role and his evolution into the adult michael?

Actually no, and I really wish that was the case for me. But because of the time jump and the 2nd part not being different enough from the original, it just felt like a different movie smacked on top the first half.

urbanchaos
10-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Jack Wild isn't your cutie anymore??? lol!!! Im just kidding with ya punkrocklove :roflmao:

BuiltForTheKill
10-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Kid was ugly, he couldn't act. He ruined this movie more than Jake Lloyd ruined Episode 1.

Laurie2007
10-30-2007, 09:51 AM
i thought daeg did a good job portraying the young myers keep in mind people that this 2007

punkrocklove
10-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Kid was ugly, .

Lol, I don't think how good looking somebody is really makes a difference to what job they do on screen.

*CHA*MAM*
12-25-2007, 05:15 PM
OMG holy crap, I was looking for a thread like this! SUBSCRIBED OH YEAH!

I am a huge supporter of the little guy, as you can see from my siggy. I in fact began my conversion of a friend of mine on Youtube into a Halloween fan by showing her a clip of the beginning of RZH. She's now pretty diehard. And ya know, I think that it's Daeg's fault I became a Michael fangirl. Little Michael in that movie... Oh, gosh, where do I begin.

The kid totally reminded me of myself. When I was 10 years old, I had parents fighting all the time and bullies treating me like shit in school, too, that made me very depressed and angry all the time. By sixth grade, I'm not kidding, I was telling kids every day that I would kill them!

The second thing I loved about him, already mentioned, is just how on the ball he was at showing the two sides of Michael... Sweet and normal little boy on the one hand, on the other hand a soul careeening downwards into madness every day. I love this line: "Is everyone at home doing okay?" That was the perfect moment to show that he lived two different lives, ya know, almost schizophrenic like. I mean the kid could just get so angry and look possessed, he was very convincing! I loved all of his stalking scenes because they were early signs of his becoming The Shape.

Most of all, I think him and Tyler were the perfect team. In the behind the scenes stuff on the Director's cut RZH DVD, Rob says so. Daeg would drop suggestions to Tyler so the transistion would be almost seemless.

Yeah, ya knew I would have a lot to say in here, dintcha? I just loved Daeg. I want to see him more in Halloween or in different movies! He just was amazing, utterly amazing. I have not loved a kid in a role this much since Haley Joel Osmund in THE SIXTH SENSE.

And contrary to what some have said, I thought the kid was absolutely adorable. But what do I know? I've just hung around kids with Downs and thought the same thing. It's not all about looks.

One last thing...

I'd love to see 10 year old Michael Myers figure from McFarlane. haha! Wishful thinkin'.
Wow, I just said that in the figure thread! Just before I came in here! LOL

*CHA*MAM*
12-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Here's a montage for him! Great pics from the Red Carpet debut!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfaUMQl7of4&feature=related

ETA: One more link!

This is a kid that goes to school with Daeg in California. They're practicing their french. Apparently he's in sixth grade and in french class out there.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9oZCSnFq8B4

capngravy
01-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Great kid. Very talented. He has an innocence to him that makes it more dramatic when you see him kill his family.

MyersFan28
01-12-2008, 12:36 PM
If they ever have a halloween sequel.That needs a scene for a young Michael. Daeg is the only choice for the role. The kid's got balls of steel laying an F-bomb on an elderly man. When I was ten,I never had the guts to say that to my elders.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
01-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see Daeg in a sequel, maybe in some flashbacks. Thing is he was what, 11 at the time they were filming? He's close to entering a growth spurt and not looking much like he does in the movie. And they don't seem to be in a hurry to try and sequelize RZH.

Maybe he could have some asylum flashbacks. But after he shuts up there's not a whole lot to work with there.

Danny Strode
01-12-2008, 04:37 PM
I thought Daeg was great in the film, and I'd love for a flashback scene or something in a sequel (?). I wasn't a fan of the long hair, but I don't like that on males to begin with. I was, at first, kinda surprised to see him talk - but that's only because I've never heard Michael say a word.

renee30152
01-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Not the cutest kid by no means, but very talented. Very spooky indeed. Has he ever been in any other movie?

1978 COLLECTOR
01-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I am just saying he is better than the other kid in the casting sessions of the RZH dvd.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
01-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Not the cutest kid by no means, but very talented. Very spooky indeed. Has he ever been in any other movie?

Aw, I thought he was damn hot.

He's on a bunch of short movies on Youtube, student films I guess. Some of them are pretty cool.

I know he's supposed to have a small part in a Will Smith movie coming up.

nwiser
01-14-2008, 04:33 AM
Yeah, I'd love to see Daeg in a sequel, maybe in some flashbacks. Thing is he was what, 11 at the time they were filming? He's close to entering a growth spurt and not looking much like he does in the movie. And they don't seem to be in a hurry to try and sequelize RZH.

Maybe he could have some asylum flashbacks. But after he shuts up there's not a whole lot to work with there.

Flashbacks utilizing Daeg would be cool. What if they had it so that after he is committed but prior to the escape we see in RZH, he and Laurie came into contact with one another?

While it's hard to believe that Laurie would have ever gone to Smiths grove, it's a little easier to believe Michael escaped once before in the hopes of tracking Laurie down. Maybe that encounter could be used to explain Michaels recognizing her scent at the Myers house a few years later.

As an aside, while it probably wouldnt have appealed to the fans who wanted to see a good slasher flick, I was thinking how I wouldnt have minded having some scenes with Daeg at Michaels trial at the end of the first act/beginning of the second. Time constraints would have made such scenes unlikely.

As some have said, it's a shame RZ didnt shoot enough scenes for two full length films (one prequel and one remake) and then split them up during editing for two seperate releases.

punkrocklove
01-14-2008, 06:40 AM

He's on a bunch of short movies on Youtube, student films I guess. Some of them are pretty cool.

Lol, I hope you're under 16.

*CHA*MAM*
01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Lol, I hope you're under 16.

19!! But can't say I feel anything like THAT for the kid. :bigeyes: His smile just melts my little heart right away, though!

And ya know what? He can act circles around Tom Cruise, and he's only 11. (I think) Right now, I can tell yas, I can sit here and imagine my novel as a movie and he would be the absolute perfect actor to play Dougie Normsdale. Daeg NAILED the psychotic/evil little kid role in playing Young Michael that is needed for playing that character of mine. The only difference would be he's not human, he's some demonic thing, so he'd be even creepier! (Despite the fact of him looking damn weird with CGI bug arms, a scorpian tale, and huge fangs on him. LOL)

Seen the student films on Youtube, he rocks in them, too! About this Will Smith movie... WHAT?! WHEN?! OMG!!!!!

*CHA*MAM*
01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Here, this is a great youtube channel with all kinds of vids featuring Daeg, like interviews and acting pre-RZH...

http://youtube.com/user/faerchvids

Don't stare at that flashing bg for too long, though, unless you want a migraine or seizure or sumpin! LOL

MichaelJrdnMyrs
01-14-2008, 06:27 PM
19!! But can't say I feel anything like THAT for the kid. :bigeyes: His smile just melts my little heart right away, though!

Heh. My love is pure too. I'm not 16 and under either, but I'm a dude. If I go around using words like "adorable" I'll end up de-balled. Guess I'd rather be mistaken for a pediphile than a puss.

I'm fairly sure the Will Smith movie Daeg is supposed to be in is "Hancock". The trailer's on Youtube, although Daeg isn't in it.

Man, that Daeg channel's wallpaper is annoying as hell. I think my mind melted.

*CHA*MAM*
01-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Ahhh, I can understand. Ya gotta keep up the tough streak in public for your rep. LOL Can't say I have much of a rep left, sides from being that annoying girl who likes Clay Aiken and wears the stripes every day.

Man, that Daeg channel's wallpaper is annoying as hell. I think my mind melted.

lmao! Warned ya, didn't I?

renee30152
01-18-2008, 01:56 PM

I am not sure what to see about that. If you are really serious that is a bit creepy as he is just a little kid.

I am just saying he is better than the other kid in the casting sessions of the RZH dvd.

Oh I so agree. Like I said in an earlier post, he is very talented and should stick to the horror genre as he is very good at it.

MyersFan28
01-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Speaking of the audition session I never understood it.A Halloween Tree come on. I can see how Daeg nailed the role,his expression after the character's plea to leave.

Though the only thing laughable or creepy to me.Was the audtion for the sex scene. Seriously I couldn't even look at the moaning scenes.They were too weird to look at

And on the comments about Daeg,i'll just leave it.At him being on the road to a promising future. You don't want to look like a puss,but at the same time. It's worse to be thought of as a pediphile. So the best thing to do,is just not comment on his looks.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
01-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Speaking of the audition session I never understood it.A Halloween Tree come on. I can see how Daeg nailed the role,his expression after the character's plea to leave.

Though the only thing laughable or creepy to me.Was the audtion for the sex scene. Seriously I couldn't even look at the moaning scenes.They were too weird to look at

And on the comments about Daeg,i'll just leave it.At him being on the road to a promising future. You don't want to look like a puss,but at the same time. It's worse to be thought of as a pediphile. So the best thing to do,is just not comment on his looks.

Sigh. Calling him hot was a joke. Saying I'd rather be considered a pediphile than a puss was a joke too.

Yeah, Daeg's audition tape was pretty impressive. That dead look in his eye he gets makes it look like he just finished killing a few people.

I mean before he came to the audition.

MyersFan28
01-18-2008, 02:38 PM
It's funny how the other kid who auditioned as young Michael.Ended up playing Tommy,I think the reason why he didn't get the role.Was because of the 'I can do everything' line over and over. He tried to play it like he was a raving loon. But Daeg did it as someone who was just evil. That he literally didn't need any help.Because he was a lost soul.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
01-18-2008, 02:56 PM
It's funny how the other kid who auditioned as young Michael.Ended up playing Tommy,I think the reason why he didn't get the role.Was because of the 'I can do everything' line over and over. He tried to play it like he was a raving loon. But Daeg did it as someone who was just evil. That he literally didn't need any help.Because he was a lost soul.

I do wonder about Daeg. Does he have some sort of psychological problems that made him so able to pull off the job so well?

He sure seems like he's just fine in all the press stuff.

MyersFan28
01-18-2008, 03:36 PM
I do wonder about Daeg. Does he have some sort of psychological problems that made him so able to pull off the job so well?

He sure seems like he's just fine in all the press stuff.

He's perfectly fine the way how he pulled off the psychological problems.Is called acting,simple as that.

I_Heart_Daeg
01-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Haha aw, I know, I feel bad for Daeg now, so many people on Youtube are like "IS HE ACTUALLY EVIL?!?!?" It's like, it's called acting, in reality he's a cute little kid who likes Tony Hawk skateboarding games! =P

In reference to this lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnX8EhPJ8zc

Ah, the flashing background on his channel is like.. whoa, are you trying to kill me? O_O *twitches*

renee30152
01-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Oh I agree and I thought you were kidding but nowadays you never know. :d

*CHA*MAM*
01-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Awww, Daeg's fine in the sanity department. He's just an incredible actor. Reading here about the comments on Youtube about him being evil makes me mad. It's almost like how the reporters harrassed Deb Myers in the movie, completely uncalled for. Bunch of damn NUBES all over Youtube.

Hey, MJM, I knew you were kidding. Folks in here can't seem to catch jokes too well. They would be lost on the other message board I post on. LOL

I keep trying to imagine what Daeg will look like when he's older. Is that weird? Just a habit I have, I guess.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
01-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Awww, Daeg's fine in the sanity department. He's just an incredible actor. Reading here about the comments on Youtube about him being evil makes me mad. It's almost like how the reporters harrassed Deb Myers in the movie, completely uncalled for. Bunch of damn NUBES all over Youtube.

Hey, MJM, I knew you were kidding. Folks in here can't seem to catch jokes too well. They would be lost on the other message board I post on. LOL

I keep trying to imagine what Daeg will look like when he's older. Is that weird? Just a habit I have, I guess.

I imagine him REALLY lookin evil once he hits his teenage years, but hey, maybe that's just cause I hate teenagers.

Yeah, that flashing backround for that Youtube channel is straight out of Halloween 3.

crystalreman69
01-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Daeg's acting ability left a lot to be desired plus his overly long hair was distracting. The scene where he has just killed the nurse & he goes off on his Mom & Dr. Loomis was cringe inducing in the theatres-some people were laughing 'cause the kid couldn't keep a straight face. I did not enjoy the movie upon its initial release but I've come to respect it a lot more since the dvd came out.

Peter_
01-28-2008, 10:21 PM
How about a "Daeg" sucks thread??!? Cause this kid just looked stupid. Not evil. Not scary. Not disturbed. Just STUPID.

But hey! Then again, this film sucked major nuts in general and made poor casting choices so I guess he went along with the theme! ha! The only decent acting job in the whole movie was mr. clockwork orange playing dr. loomis but even he is no Donald Pleasence. Not many people can fill those shoes but I think he did well.... definitely better than Daeg, Scout, Danielle or the wrestling orge.

crystalreman69
01-31-2008, 01:46 AM
How about a "Daeg" sucks thread??!? Cause this kid just looked stupid. Not evil. Not scary. Not disturbed. Just STUPID.

But hey! Then again, this film sucked major nuts in general and made poor casting choices so I guess he went along with the theme! ha! The only decent acting job in the whole movie was mr. clockwork orange playing dr. loomis but even he is no Donald Pleasence. Not many people can fill those shoes but I think he did well.... definitely better than Daeg, Scout, Danielle or the wrestling orge.

I'm on board for the "Daeg sucks" thread...

acorvinus
01-31-2008, 02:13 AM
Really great actor, he really put a face on young Michael. His parts with Malcolm were amazing.

Michael Voorhees
09-12-2009, 06:28 PM
His performance grows on me more everyday. Daeg is awesome. :cool:

missvirginia91
09-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Daeg was awesome. He's clearly got a lot of talent and I hope he goes far if he chooses acting as a career. He was WAY better than Chase in RZH2. I wish he would have been in RZH2 instead. Oh well.

Michael Voorhees
09-12-2009, 07:29 PM
I like Chase just as much as I like Daeg.

And I may be the only one, but it would be totally cool if Daeg were to portray Michael Myers again once he's an adult.

Blood&Guts
09-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Seeing Chase Vanek in H2 made me like Daegs performance even more. Some people complain about some of his lines when he was about to go trick or treating like "Judith is wasting all-my-time" and "Judith we're going to be laaate" but I think he was sounded like any other little kid that was excited for Halloween. I think overall the casting for this movie was dead on.

DLKern
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
I like Chase just as much as I like Daeg.

And I may be the only one, but it would be totally cool if Daeg were to portray Michael Myers again once he's an adult.

Michael: The Teenage Years at Smith's Grove

missvirginia91
08-25-2012, 12:45 PM
I really, really liked Daeg in this movie. I think he nailed the part perfectly. Now in RZH2, whoever the heck played Michael in this movie absolutely SUCKED. Another reason why I hated RZH2. I wish Daeg could have been in both movies. Anyone know why he wasn't in the second one?

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Because he'd grown about two feet?

Diamond Wings
08-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Damn puberty.
Anyhow, I didn't hate Daeg in the role, but I found him a little annoying. I still like Chase despite the lack of depth people tend to complain about.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I like Chase fine, except in the opening and the brief video at Loomis's little media pow-wow. His monotonous delivery works perfectly in the hallucinations, where Sheri also affects a monotone to give those sequences a more haunting, dreamlike quality. But seeing him play the real Michael so flat and lifeless doesn't really work. Especially when he's in the same room as his mother.

Diamond Wings
08-25-2012, 01:04 PM
I would agree with this- I typically think of Chase as a hallucination....not so much for his portrayal in the opening scene. It's really tough to compare he and Daeg in the asylum scenes.

Pumpkin Slayer
10-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Up there with Donald Pleasence??? Are some people insane??

Such poor acting from a weird, fat kid. I'm sorry but he looked like a girl for starters! Couldn't act to save his life!

My life.

The whole film was sucky but to say this little shit is up there with Pleasence is insulting.

The Saw
10-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Up there with Donald Pleasence??? Are some people insane??

Such poor acting from a weird, fat kid. I'm sorry but he looked like a girl for starters! Couldn't act to save his life!

My life.

The whole film was sucky but to say this little shit is up there with Pleasence is insulting.

This. Daeg was the worst part of the remake. Absolutely awful.

Wild At Heart
10-13-2012, 01:29 PM
This. Daeg was the worst part of the remake. Absolutely awful.

I agree with both of you. I felt like his acting was atrocious.

MM2DYLAN
10-13-2012, 01:42 PM
I liked Daeg in the remake, but I think saying he's of Donald Pleasence caliber is beyond pushing it.

blacksymbiote
10-15-2012, 04:42 PM
I liked Daeg in the movie. That said, he's hardly up there with veteran actors.

Michael Voorhees
11-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Haha, I've had this recurring thought of Daeg returning to portray a grown Michael Myers now seeing as he's fucking huge now.

blacksymbiote
11-14-2012, 05:44 PM
I saw him in Hancock. Ronnie was right, he did end up calling himself Michel.

Michael Voorhees
11-14-2012, 07:13 PM
^ That's the only film besides RZH that I've even seen him in.

80sJEM
12-06-2012, 07:24 PM
He wasn’t bad at all, except that I think the only times he should have ever talked was when it was to Deborah or Boo, and not even to Loomis. I’m sorry, but his “I don’t know” noise and shrug and claiming he had no idea what Loomis is talking about was the WORST, the most phony lying I’ve ever seen. Deborah taking Boo from him as the cops showed up should have been the second he stopped talking. Daeg is the perfect ‘bullied kid’, though, and I just can’t deny how much he and I look like from far away if I was blond and didn’t have my glasses on…just the build in those clothes and the shape of our faces…and for what he had to work with he did well. In the home movie footage over the credits, he sure was a happy little shirtless redneck breaking that decorative reindeer, wasn’t he?

Michael Voorhees
02-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Imo, that would've been a bit boring. I thought the intent was to show his gradual descent into insanity, so for this version there had to a connection between he & Loomis. For that to work, they had to converse.

80sJEM
03-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Imo, that would've been a bit boring. I thought the intent was to show his gradual descent into insanity, so for this version there had to a connection between he & Loomis. For that to work, they had to converse.

That's how you and probably everyone else feels. I'm talking about how I feel:bastard: Maybe I just find the WAY he talked with Loomis so LAME and still think he should have done better with what dialogue he got, and by then I was already sick of his voice so I was ready for him to have nothing left to say! Yeah, that's it...so many voices were just annoying in the whole thing anyway, and I was surprised that Scout's sounded so much different than in 'Wicked Little Things' for just being a year apart.
His replacement I found adorable, and much more my type...who cares he's a little kid...Daeg didn't quite do it for me...not even close...ha...ha...not kidding.

Michael Voorhees
03-11-2013, 08:19 AM
I'm not talking about how anyone else felt, I'm stating the intentions of Mr. Zombie, quite a bit different once ya re-read it & break it down. :bastard: And I still think Daeg was great, one of the better horror movie performances from a child in recent years.