PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 2007 - Razzie List

MyersFan75
09-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Out of the 337 films released thus far, Halloween (one of around 40 titles) is already on the Razzie's list of potential nominees for their 2008 "Worst of the Year" ceremony.

Here is the complete list so far of their picks for worst of the worst:

ARE WE DONE YET?
BECAUSE I SAID SO
BLOOD & CHOCOLATE
BRATZ: THE MOVIE
CAPTIVITY
CODE NAME: THE CLEANER
DADDY DAY CAMP
DEAD SILENCE
DELTA FARCE
EPIC MOVIE
EVAN ALMIGHTY
EVENING
FIREHOUSE DOG
GEORGIA RULE
GHOST RIDER
HALLOWEEN 2007
HANNIBAL RISING
HAPPILY N’EVER AFTER
THE HILLS HAVE EYES 2
THE HITCHER
HOSTEL: PART II
I KNOW WHO KILLED ME
I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK AND LARRY
I THINK I LOVE MY WIFE
KICKIN' IT OLD SKOOL
LICENSE TO WED
THE MESSENGERS
NEXT
NORBIT
THE NUMBER 23
PERFECT STRANGER
PREMONITION
THE REAPING
SEPTEMBER DAWN
SKINWALKERS
TMNT
THE ULTIMATE GIFT
UNDERDOG
VACANCY
WAR
WILD HOGS

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-03-2007, 12:24 AM
What the FUCK is TMNT doing on that list? :mad:

Sirand
09-03-2007, 12:58 AM

Exactly!

The other films deserve it...ESPECIALLY Halloween (it'll clean house!).
But TMNT? That was a damn fun flick.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-03-2007, 01:06 AM
I'll go out on a limb and say that with some of the cinematic abortions on that list, Halloween doesn't ESPECIALLY deserve it, and shouldn't clean house.

Dr_Loomis02
09-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Yeah, this film does not deserve worst of the year. That is ridiculous. You never see the other Halloween sequels on these lists and that's because they weren't trying to reinvent the wheel, as Zombie was doing. This film will naturally be the most compared to the original due to it being a "remake"
of the first film.
Naturally it has drawn more attention and people's expectations have been much higher.

dbzguy
09-03-2007, 01:20 AM
wow, that is kinda sad really.... I guess alot of people werent stoked on this one huh... I liked it and I think that most movies made within the last 10 years have sucked lol....

ColadaSplash
09-03-2007, 02:35 AM
This film has many problems, but "Resurrection" belonged on that list even more. But, no... Didn't make it because it wasn't high profile enough.

Perfect Stranger belongs on there. I've seen it... I actually though Vacancy was good for the first half, and ended horribly.

I Know Who Killed Me... Dear god, lol. That's all I'll say for now. I did see it, and let's just say... funniest sex scene ever.

Femanizer
09-03-2007, 03:03 AM
The Razzies are and have always been a huge joke. Half the films nominated usually aren't the worst of the year they just got more press.

ragethorn
09-03-2007, 03:26 AM
I don't think Halloween deserves to even be on this list.

I think Malcolm McDowell, Scout Taylor-I can't act for shit, Kristina Klebe and Danielle Harris should get awards for worst acting in a horror movie. I couldn't wait for either of them to die, twice.

punkrocklove
09-03-2007, 03:35 AM
Where's harry potter and the order of the pheonix?

Ravenheart
09-03-2007, 03:56 AM
The Razzies are a joke anyway.

MyersFan75
09-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I didn't see TMNT, but I thought it looked terrible.

And I think the worst movie of the year will be Alvin and the Chimpmunks, once it's released.

Khan
09-03-2007, 03:43 PM
And I think the worst movie of the year will be Alvin and the Chimpmunks, once it's released.

The teaser trailer has Alvin eating poo!

MyersFan75
09-03-2007, 04:09 PM
The teaser trailer has Alvin eating poo!

I rest my case. :nodsmile:

HannibalBEATNGU
09-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Razzie nominees are often better than the trash that gets nominated for best picture at that sham of an award show known as the Oscars.

Atleast a few of the best movies of the year always make this list (not that I think Halloween is one of them).

"I didn't see TMNT, but I thought it looked terrible."

TMNT was nostalgia at its finest, nothing about it is terrible. It's a CGI film that's so good that I practically forgot I was watching a CGI movie.

Khan
09-03-2007, 04:14 PM
I bet some of my favourite European cinema would wind up on that list.

jigsaw_dude
09-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Razzies are full of crap anyway. Even if I hated Rob Zombie's Halloween, which I don't, there are MUCH worse movies that came out this year...

Like Bratz: The Movie :eek:

Frazetta
09-03-2007, 08:29 PM
There are atleast 3 movies besides Halloween that completely discredit this list.

punkrocklove
09-04-2007, 01:59 AM
I really don't think Halloween deserves it.
It's a good film, yes it has its bad parts but..what the hell, we're all fans of the original, if anything, we'll be looking for excuses to say its bad.

Worthystevens
09-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Any list, not just the Razzies, always have a few wrong choices in them. Golden Globes, Oscars, etc.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-04-2007, 07:48 AM
I didn't see TMNT, but I thought it looked terrible.
It fucking ruled...just so you know. :nodsmile:

AJ*
09-04-2007, 07:50 AM

TMNT more than deserves to be on that list. Except for the opening 5 minutes and the excellent Raf vs. Leo fight that movie was Grade "A" garbage.

shoe1985
09-04-2007, 08:15 AM

I loved TMNT the shows, the movies, but this new one was terrible. I am not a TMNT hater at all. I was anticipating this movie for a long time. I grew up on the turtles.

I watched the movie 5 times hoping I would like it more, but it got worse with each viewing.

As for Halloween being on the list. It is a little surprising. It wasn't a great movie by any means, but it wasn't a bad movie either. I guess if you take the second half, it is a bad movie, but the first half saved it for me.

Bogatyri
09-04-2007, 08:17 AM
I think it needs to be on here because all we heard was mega hype about how this was going to be good and it was a flop. The other sequels were never on such lists because you knew what you were getting by going into them... a movie that is subpar and a money grabber from the original. This film pretended to be something different....

shoe1985
09-04-2007, 08:34 AM
I think it needs to be on here because all we heard was mega hype about how this was going to be good and it was a flop. The other sequels were never on such lists because you knew what you were getting by going into them... a movie that is subpar and a money grabber from the original. This film pretended to be something different....

It didn't flop.

renee30152
09-04-2007, 10:40 AM
See I thought Hannibal Rising, Halloween, Premonition, The Messanger, Norbit, Are We Done Yet? were some pretty good movies.
Right on the movie for the Hills though.

Dr_Loomis02
09-04-2007, 10:41 AM
TMNT should not be on the list, nor Halloween for that matter. Who makes these fucking lists anyway?

Fiberawptic
09-04-2007, 12:23 PM
This is aburd, am i the only one who thought RZ H was a nice contribution to the series. Look at most of the H movies, they sucked, this one was good. Fuck these stupid wanna be movie critics.

MyersFan75
09-04-2007, 12:32 PM
I guess it's just the fact that I never liked the concept of TMNT. Everyone seems to love it all; the comics, TV show, the movies, games, everything. I guess I just never caught on with it.

I did use to watch the show, but not necessarily out of my love for it but more so out of curiousity.

Demonswrath
09-04-2007, 12:34 PM
I must agree as far as the expectations of what the film was pushing and it fell far short of what was to be delivered. It really wasn't scary at all. Heck, the original scares me more and it's almost 30 years old. That's the reason I think it should be on that list. Personally I think this Razzie List is retarded, but I do see why many would agree that it should be on their list. Hell, just for the fact that Rob Zombie's Halloween was an insult not only to the history of this franchise but to the casual movie-goers everywhere, it should be on that list. The film was quite unbelievable, and very forgetable.

Khan
09-04-2007, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't put the remake on the list.

There were good things about it.

TOO MUCH BS
09-04-2007, 12:49 PM
i loved RZH i really don't see why it's on there TMNT i still wanna see

mmyers666
09-04-2007, 01:26 PM
that list is bull until i see it srry but i realy liked some of those movies

Audioslave
09-04-2007, 01:26 PM
The Razzies are a joke anyway.

Exactly. And they know it. That's why they are awesome. And Halloween deserves to at least be nominated in some categories.

AJ*
09-04-2007, 02:13 PM
The first 10 minutes alone guaranteed RZH a spot on the Razzies list. You can't write dialogue THAT stupid and not expect to get "credit" for it.

carruthers
09-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I Know Who Killed Me (the worst movie of the year) and Perfect Stranger could possibly beat out Halloween. But not much else.

MyersFan75
09-04-2007, 06:27 PM
The first 10 minutes alone guaranteed RZH a spot on the Razzies list. You can't write dialogue THAT stupid and not expect to get "credit" for it.

I have to agree. The dialogue was terrible.

Khan
09-04-2007, 06:29 PM
The first 10 minutes was laughable.

DarthMyers
09-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Norbit should win it all. I actually felt part of my soul die after wasting my time with that film.
I actually enjoyed WildHogs.
I have no problem with Halloween being on that list, just because of the potential it had and failed in my opinion anyway.

Khan
09-04-2007, 06:32 PM
It says a lot when Norbit earns $100 million.

DarthMyers
09-04-2007, 06:35 PM
It says a lot when Norbit earns $100 million.

Yep. Just because a movie takes in alot at the BO doesn't mean it's a great film.

Khan
09-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Agreed.

Worthystevens
09-04-2007, 06:39 PM
That I'll agree with you on.

However, it does seem a bit premature for Halloween to be put on the list, considering it just came out a few days back. Did they only put it there because of the critics' reviews?

Deckard
09-04-2007, 07:38 PM
I HATED TMNT...end of story.

But the RAZZIE'S are a stupid joke, and I never pay attention to them...

Deckard
09-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Norbit should win it all. I actually felt part of my soul die after wasting my time with that film.

Ditto

ragethorn
09-04-2007, 07:45 PM
No offense but I can't believe you guys would actually waste your time with a movie called Norbit and actually hope it might be good. ?