PDA

View Full Version : Michael Myers running?

jigsaw_dude
09-02-2007, 08:55 PM
What are your thoughts on Michael running at the end of the film? I thought it worked well in this film, although I wouldn't say he ran, more like he charged at her.

shadiguy1
09-02-2007, 09:00 PM
it was deffintly intresting i must say ..!!!! i think he was a lil ticked off she kept getting away lol.

Worthystevens
09-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Definitely it was more of a charge. And surprisingly, he didn't do as much charging as I thought he would.

ragethorn
09-02-2007, 09:02 PM
It was different in a good way at the right time of the movie. I liked it.

Don't do it again. lol

wendy lea
09-02-2007, 09:13 PM
HE was running? I guess i have to see it one more time to see it. WOW I
think it ok in the other one he slow but at the end he kills who he what
to kill.

mtd20_2000
09-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Zombies run now....so why not mikey!:)

D Adams
09-02-2007, 09:17 PM
I think it was more of a steadfast walk, than a run.... now Jason RUNs .....full out sprint after people. I would characterize Michael's movements as a "brisk walk" ........

There is one scene in the WP, not in the theatrical release (I think we can discuss now) where Michael is walking toward the Strode house, dead on--- from across the street , up the stairs. Mason Strode sees him and actually talks to him as he is approaching. Michael never breaks stride and keeps walking briskly towards him, then slashes his throat and pushes him inside.

In the theatrical release, we do not see anything but the abrupt push inside the house.... not the walk from across the street, all the way across, up the stairs, the words from Mason, none of it.

Sam Loomis922
09-02-2007, 10:09 PM
I ahd no beef with it, I dont consider this the explaination for the original so he can run but it was scary when he'd walk and still be on your ass.

JamieLloydFan
09-03-2007, 04:18 AM
Run Or Walk who cares. Zombies Micheal Myers is scary & Meanicing

onerichman
09-03-2007, 06:23 AM
I didn't like the running or charging thing.

RevengeOfLaurie
09-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah he did seem a lot more faster in this film than the original or any of the others, it didn't bother me really; made it more realistic because if he was faster there was more of a reason for him to still be at your ass. lol.

WhiteZombie
09-03-2007, 06:09 PM
It was more of a charge, so he wasint shot again. I liked it though. Tylers Myers was faster anyways, made sense.

MyersFan75
09-03-2007, 06:29 PM
How do you charge without running?

I think it's clear he ran at Laurie. He knocked her through the window and over the railing. I mean, it was a charge, but in the case of a charge, you have to run.

Myers-89
09-03-2007, 06:33 PM
I've always wanted to see Michael run, and I'm glad that it finally happened.

H-Field Hero
09-03-2007, 06:36 PM
It was interesting because it was the first time Michael ever sacrificed his own body to get to someone else. At least I can't think of any other instance that resembles this. By charging Laurie off the balcony he ended up hurting himself and that lead to his demise.

This is an instance of the "nu age" Michael that I thought was pretty cool.

Casper
09-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Hmm...i liked to see it in this film and this film only, it only would fit in this version of halloween. It went well with what was going on and yes he did seem faster in this film but i didnt mind it at all.

LOOMIS 68
09-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah It Was More Like A Charge In The Theater Version At The End But He Was Walking Fast When Chasing After Laurie-i Liked That-dam The Slow Walking Stuff-lol

MacG
09-03-2007, 08:12 PM
well, we all know he runs, or "charges" if you will. But I like how Zombie didn't actually show it. We never seen him running, we just see him lower his head and start to move quickly at Laurie, then it cuts to her holding the gun and them both crashing through the window.

wyatt s
09-03-2007, 09:04 PM
by that point of the film it didn't even occur to me that, that was probably the fastest I'd ever seen Michael move. It was just a part of the over all performance.

Fiberawptic
09-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I loved the running, and like MagC said, zombie did a good job with not showing it completely. i thought it was kinda scary. And to all you stupid hypocrites who think Michael shouldn't go fast but think the original is way way better, guess what, Nick Castle was one of the faster Michaels.

Honasty
09-04-2007, 05:43 PM
That big ass mother trucker running at me would be a hell of a lot scarier than a little guy walking towards me. I think it worked perfect for this movie.

Casper
09-04-2007, 05:45 PM
^ BOOYA lettme tell ya bro hahaha thats one big ass scary 7 foot walking machine especially charging....walking or running

Rich
09-04-2007, 06:27 PM
I did not like that at all. I even said right during the movie in the theater out loud, "That is bullshit! Michael Myers does not run!"

Roswell
09-04-2007, 06:36 PM
I did not like that at all. I even said right during the movie in the theater out loud, "That is bullshit! Michael Myers does not run!"

Why can't he run? I mean, this IS a remake. Why should it be bound to what the original series did?

Besides, Myers moved pretty fast in the original if you remember. He wasn't a long distance runner but he did move faster than anyone in the sequels.

As you can tell, I don't really mind that Michael ran a little toward the end (he walked enough in the movie). It made sense in the context of that scene.

mmyers78
09-05-2007, 11:02 AM
i wouldnt say he was running but i would say kind of like charging, and i liked that rob had him do it

ragethorn
09-05-2007, 11:08 AM

That's bullshit. You're one of those kids who talk during movies? Shiiiiiiit!

Halloween444
09-05-2007, 11:43 AM
What the fuck peoples Myers walk if he want and he will run if he need to do point final.I have no problem with walking Shape and Running Shape neither

MichaelFox
04-20-2009, 05:36 AM
It was a charged! Michael running won't be scary at all!

TheThirdHalf
04-20-2009, 05:39 AM
Now, Michael skip-jumping, that would be scary haha

Lord Thurisaz
04-22-2009, 02:39 AM
I'll agree that it was more of a "charge" or lunge at Laurie. It worked because of how it works out for the ending. It has to happen so they can fall through the window, and to the front yard so Laurie could shoot Michael, just before the end of the movie.