PDA

View Full Version : Favorite and/or least favorite scene in the movie?

Worthystevens
09-02-2007, 01:06 PM
What was your favorite and/or least scene in the movie?

My personal choice would be when young Michael killed his school bully. That was beyond disturbing, and gave a precedent to the rest of the film. I also loved how the original theme was incorporated at the beginning of it, and seeing Daeg stare at the kid in the distance was creepy and classic Myers. Loved that whole scene.

My least favorite... when Laurie finds Annie and Paul at the Wallace's. The acting wasn't, to say the least, up to par in the beginning of that scene.

mmyers78
09-02-2007, 01:10 PM
my favorite scene is when michaels standing behind lindsay when shes watching and then when annie comes to get her he's not there

renee30152
09-02-2007, 02:13 PM
I love that scene. It was very creepy as is when she is on the phone and you see him.
Another one was the bully too. That was uhmm really creepy.
I did NOT the opening scene with the stepfather and mom. It was just pointless and cuss filled to the extreme.
I didn't see why he killed the mum and dad though. What was the point of that?

The Dark Shape
09-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Favorite Scene: An extended segment at the asylum, beginning with Michael freaking out ("I have to get the fuck out of here!"), Loomis hugging him, and the ending with the death of the nurse and the blaring alarm.

Least Favorite: Danny Trejo's death -- hilarious, and it belongs in Halloween 6. I'm also not a fan of the final chase scene with Laurie. We just did the whole "run through the house" thing, and it borders on boring.

Detroitking02
09-02-2007, 02:42 PM
my least favorite is dr. loomis getting killed by michael ( if there is a sequal they should have dr.loomis have a son he is gonna try to stop michael)

m favorite was when he killed his sister the part when his put on the shape mask was cool and when the music swtich when he chase his older sister was cool

Ravenheart
09-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Favorites:The bully beatdown and when he's chasing Laurie back to the house and they see him looking in through the door window at them.

TheShape'78
09-02-2007, 02:48 PM
-my least favorite scene was definitely annie's sex scene.

-my favorite scene was young Michael beating the school bully.

-mitch-

Lupinus
09-02-2007, 03:04 PM
my favorite is really kind of two scenes.

It is when Michael attacks the nurse with his fork and freaking out afterwards as they try and restrain him. And right after it his mother killing herself. It is at this point that both his mother and Loomis realize that Michael is lost, with no hope, and the look on Loomis face tells all that needs to be told

Danny Strode
09-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Favorite: When Michael attacks the bully, and any scene with Danielle.

Least Favorite: When Michael kills Loomis (?) and the opening scene with his family. Yeah, you have to introduce them, but this isn't an American Pie film.

ten31
09-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Favourite was Annie laying on the ground topless screaming for Laurie.

jbyrd123
09-02-2007, 04:24 PM
To me the best part of the movie was when Laurie leaves and her dad is standing there on the deck and its all quiet and you expect the scene to end then BAMM!!! Michael slams him through the door, man that was the most unexpected scare in the movie, and what made it even better was there was this guy in front of us who talked through most of the movie and made fun of it, well when that scene happened it scared the shit out of him he jerked so hard he damn near spilled his pop and everyone in our row pretty much laughed him out of there.

ghettomyers
09-02-2007, 05:04 PM
best scene is when michael digs up his mask and put its on and then sees laurie comin up to the house

least is when he killed lynda

Khan
09-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Probably the bully kill.

Laurie2007
09-02-2007, 05:57 PM
my favorite is when laurie finds annie and then goes to help and BAM michael comes out and plays around with paul...haha
and then i really like the end where michael charges laurie and they go over the balcony then she shoots him and shes screaming bloody murder...(no pun intended)

SSteward
09-02-2007, 08:42 PM
least favorite were the scenes where they used direct dialogue from the original. "Two roadblocks and an all points bulletin wouldn't stop a 5 year old". Stuff like that. It just didn't transfer well for me. I preferred the fresh material.

I can't pick a favorite scene, I loved a lot of them.

sf_slayer
09-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Favorite scene: The credits.

Least favorite: 90% of the movie to choose from. Definately the death of Dr. Loomis. Donald Pleasance must be rolling over in his grave.

Worthystevens
09-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Donald Pleasance must be rolling over in his grave.

Dr. Loomis must be as well. :bastard:

Frazetta
09-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Favorite: Michael walking back & forth while Laurie is crawling in the empty pool & ending with Loomis screaming for Michael to stop before shooting him.

I was also very pleased with Loomis telling Michael that he had failed him.

Least: Annie repeatedly asking Paul if he wanted to fuck her was both silly & pointless.

ragethorn
09-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Favourite scene : Almost every scene that took place in the asylum but a few came to mind.

I liked it when Michael asked his mom if everybody at home was doing alright. It scared the shit out of me that this kid does not remember a thing.

I liked the scene where Michael stabs the nurse with a fork and the alarms ringing throughout the theatre but there was silence between the dialogues and you see Michael yelling and going crazy while his mom is screaming.

I loved the Christmas scene when Loomis had Michael yell and try to get all his anger out and then it quickly cuts to Michael all depressed and tired and crying about wanting to go home and Loomis consoles him.

Being a fan of the franchise for 20 years, those were my weak spots.

Least favourite scene : Any dialogue with the 3 girls.

mr_casper_sgv
09-02-2007, 09:44 PM
That part with Annie wasnt pointless at all I love it.

Favorite: Michael walking back & forth while Laurie is crawling in the empty pool & ending with Loomis screaming for Michael to stop before shooting him.

Least: Annie repeatedly asking Paul if he wanted to fuck her was both silly & pointless.

mr_casper_sgv
09-02-2007, 09:45 PM
The naked scene with Danielle, also when he is staring at the bully between the trees, the whole killing the bully scene and when myers puts the old mask on again and gets his old knife back, sorry so many, and the least I liked was when Dr Loomis died.

Khan
09-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Favorite - the bully death.

Least favourite - Danielle Harris hamming it up while topless and bloody.

EDIT:

Add the "Love Hurts" scene to that.

D Adams
09-02-2007, 09:54 PM
To me the best part of the movie was when Laurie leaves and her dad is standing there on the deck and its all quiet and you expect the scene to end then BAMM!!! Michael slams him through the door, man that was the most unexpected scare in the movie, and what made it even better was there was this guy in front of us who talked through most of the movie and made fun of it, well when that scene happened it scared the shit out of him he jerked so hard he damn near spilled his pop and everyone in our row pretty much laughed him out of there.

That is a one of the scenes that is majorly different from the WP ....... There is more to that scene and it is not an abrupt push through the door in the WP version....... You all saw the quick , abrupt attack, in the theatrical release, but something more Halloween I-esque was in the WP, which was obviously was EDITED out ... I prefer the WP version than the abrupt attack/push through the door....

mr_casper_sgv
09-02-2007, 09:55 PM
whats the WP version? the uncut one for the dvd? sorry

D Adams
09-02-2007, 09:58 PM
One of my fav scenes is young Michael choosing to dawn the Shatner Mask when killing Judith (over the clown mask) , and stalking her down the hallway and killing her slowly, methodically, as the Michael we all know, not a bum rush brutal beat down as he did with others .....

Sam Loomis922
09-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Fav scene: Loomis and Micheal together when he was young, the scenes with Mcheal and his mom(sherri moon did very goo in this, better then i expected), the scene w/ sid haig (he's just awesome and it was a creepy last shot), the workprint ending (it was great)

Worst scene: Linda's death(no were near as good as the original), Danny Trejo's character's death(i liked him and didnt want to see him die), new ending ( just stupid, killing loomis so poorly thought out)

D Adams
09-02-2007, 10:03 PM

The WP is the WORKPRINT that was Rob's initial vision from May of this year. I think it is dated ... hold on, it is dated 5/18/07 on it. It has at least two major differences from the final release, and some other subtle differences.

The scene I mentioned earlier was one of the subtle differences , but I prefer the WP version of that scene. The two major changes are the exclusion of the rape/escape scene (for a more violent/body count/gore escape scene) and the ending is entirely different.......

I can discuss in detail if it is now allowed......

Sam Loomis922
09-02-2007, 10:06 PM

The workprint verson was the one shown to test auidences, the stuff they didnt like was reshoot, totally different ending(great WP ending), different escape (better in the new version), the WP version had some really creepy shots of Micheal while stalking Laurire and the girls that was cut out.

I really hope theres a directors cut or something cause both versions had good and bad stuff, combined i'd form a good movie.

Villain612
09-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Favorite: Young Michael with Loomis where he hugs him.

Least Favorite: When Tommy asks about the bogeyman.

D Adams
09-02-2007, 10:17 PM
The workprint verson was the one shown to test auidences, the stuff they didnt like was reshoot, totally different ending(great WP ending), different escape (better in the new version), the WP version had some really creepy shots of Micheal while stalking Laurire and the girls that was cut out.

I really hope theres a directors cut or something cause both versions had good and bad stuff, combined i'd form a good movie.

You said it perfectly ... Actually, the best release would have been a blend of the WP and Theatrical release. There was some good stuff in the WP that was edited out, just like the added stalking of Laurie and the watching of the Strodes (which was reminiscent of the original movie and very eerie). You are also right about the escape scene in the theatrical version being better, but the ending of the WP was the best ending, in my opinion.

jbyrd123
09-03-2007, 02:39 AM
You said it perfectly ... Actually, the best release would have been a blend of the WP and Theatrical release. There was some good stuff in the WP that was edited out, just like the added stalking of Laurie and the watching of the Strodes (which was reminiscent of the original movie and very eerie). You are also right about the escape scene in the theatrical version being better, but the ending of the WP was the best ending, in my opinion.

Do you think these deleted scenes will be on the DVD, cause I would like to see them you guys make them sound awsome especialy the ending, I think they made a mistake by killing Loomis, however he has made as many come backs as MM in this sieres,almost

Peter_
09-03-2007, 02:47 AM
Favorite? Getting to leave the movie theater.

Worst? The whole movie.

Nuff said! This film was a total piece of crap!

InTheDeep2007
09-03-2007, 05:48 AM
Favorite: Most of the movie

Least: The sex scenes to be honest AND when michael was killing Loomis

D Adams
09-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Do you think these deleted scenes will be on the DVD, cause I would like to see them you guys make them sound awsome especialy the ending, I think they made a mistake by killing Loomis, however he has made as many come backs as MM in this sieres,almost

I think those deleted scenes with the extended stalking, and even the scene (which was cut out) of Michael approaching Mr. Strode should have been left, as well as the original ending.

They may put them all on the DVD (hopefully), minus the rape scene which had absolutely no place in this film, none.........

Edit: Lynda's boyfriend is killed differently between the two as well.

Todd 78
09-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Favorite: Michael/Judith. Talk about a creepy scene. The way he was feeling up her leg, and putting on the mask. The Pool Scene was great. The Buly death scene was awesome.

Least Favorite: Nothing comes to mind. If the rape scene was left in... Igues the Trejo death scene went on a bit too long

The real Shape
09-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Annie's nude scene. Not because she gets nude, but the fact that she says "Do you want to fuck me" and then her screaming LAURIE.

My least favorite scene has to be when Laurie says "Was that the boogeyman?" and Loomis reacts with "As a matter a fact, I do believe it was". Its not really a scene, just that few seconds. It didn't really belong in the movie.

Halloween444
09-03-2007, 10:14 AM
The Scene with Michael and Wesley Rhoades in the bathroom and when he Stalk him in daylight was just awesome with the Carpenter theme I think in the film that is what had the more Halloween feeling with all the leave the color of autumn and all. And the other I really enjoyed was cut from the T-cut is Myers getting the Judith Tombstone with his own bare hands.

Rich
09-03-2007, 10:19 AM
My favorite scene was when the little kid Michael beat the bully to death with the stick in the woods.

My least favorite scene was Michael kneeling down and handing Laurie a photograph, and then stalking her in a pool. That was weak and lame.

wyatt s
09-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I have 2 favorite scenes in this movie

The first one is the brutal bully beat down in the woods at the hands of young Michael. It was just a very intense and to me a relatively shocking scene.

The other was the post chase across the street sequence with Laurie and the children in the house, right up to where she's pulled out by Michael. I quite like that scene a lot.

The one scene I don't like is Michael watching Laurie from a distance outside the school. It just came across as clunky for some reason or another.

Casper
09-03-2007, 06:45 PM
I have a couple favorites....but the most

Most favorite:When Michael kills lauries parents...i mean that cut to lauries dad was definitly scary....then chasing her mother around the house and instantly snapping her neck showed amazing power and it was kick ass!!!

Least favoriteWhen laurie finds annie but goes away and michael is staring at the pumpkin he hung up on pauls head...and stares at it and pushes it.....for a good minute...what the hell was the point? ? ?

Masked Murderer
09-03-2007, 06:54 PM
My favorite scene is EVERYTHING with Daeg in Smith's Grove.

My favorite shot is when Laurie makes the 911 call, and Michael - this brutal, hulking monstrosity - acts like a little kid poking at Paul's hanging body.

My least favorite scene would have to be ... probably Tommy and Lindsay bugging Laurie about the "Boogeyman" bu that's pushing it BC I really enjoyed this film.

M M

jaquen
09-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Favorite: It's a toss up for me. The material between Michael and Ismael, after the Smith's Grove slaughter, was the most suspenseful material for me. I was on the edge of my seat wondering if Michael had any humanity left in him, and I felt very bad for Ismael. The other scene is Judith's death. I found her initial stabbing, and short "stalking", to be incredibly chilling.

Least: The ending with Laurie and Michael flying off the balcony, and her having to shoot him, was just far too "Texas Chainsaw" instead of Halloween for my tastes. Just over the top, and completely lacking any sense of style or real purpose. Very weak and disappointing.

Casper
09-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Least: The ending with Laurie and Michael flying off the balcony, and her having to shoot him, was just far too "Texas Chainsaw" instead of Halloween for my tastes.

VERY WELL PUT!!!!

flashram
09-03-2007, 07:21 PM
there's no proof Loomis is dead, and since he's signed on for 2 more movies, he's obviously not.

jaquen
09-03-2007, 07:23 PM
there's no proof Loomis is dead, and since he's signed on for 2 more movies, he's obviously not.

This is the same character who managed to recover from being blown to ashes. Obviously you can't keep Loomis down for long.

EmotionlessFace
09-04-2007, 08:51 AM
When he kills the nurse, and the alarm went off... just gave me chills..

RazorBlade101
09-04-2007, 10:58 AM
My favorite parts is the first 5 kills ... (All the kills were good from what I remember)

My least favorite part of the movie was ... I guess the constant cursing ... But the second time you watch it, its not as disturbing ... And thats coming from somebody who cursrs too much. (ME!) :)

RazorBlade101
09-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Another scene that stands out is when Michael is dragging Annie into that room. You kind of feel bad for her when she's being dragged because you dont know what Michael was going to do to her and she looked so scared ...

renee30152
09-04-2007, 11:10 AM
I have a couple favorites....but the most

Most favorite:When Michael kills lauries parents...i mean that cut to lauries dad was definitly scary....then chasing her mother around the house and instantly snapping her neck showed amazing power and it was kick ass!!!

Least favoriteWhen laurie finds annie but goes away and michael is staring at the pumpkin he hung up on pauls head...and stares at it and pushes it.....for a good minute...what the hell was the point? ? ?

I love the scene. I was kinda like what was the point, but when he did kill them it was awesome.
Also what is this rape scene everyone is talking about? Who raped who?

jigsaw_dude
09-04-2007, 11:20 AM
In the workprint, there is a scene at Smith's Grove where these two dumbasses grab this woman, bring her to Michael's cell, and rape her in his bed. It's very stupid.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Who raped who?

Isn't that an AC/DC song?

RazorBlade101
09-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Didn't Michael rape Jamie somewhere in between H5/H6 and thats how she got the baby?

Anyways ... I hope theres no UNRATED version of Rob Zombies Halloween ... I just hope they put the deleted scenes in the exstras ... When do yous think it will be released anyways?

Silverpsycho
09-04-2007, 11:40 AM
I have two favorite scenes and they were the first two mentioned scenes in here. :) I love when young Mike kills the school bully and the scene where Michael is standing behind Lindsay Wallace watching the same movie that was on when he was younger. That moment features the curious Michael we know and love. He's just a large child in that moment so that scene wins me over most.

My least favorite scene would be Michael killing Ismael because for me, it just didn't work and didn't seem like Michael would do that. I'm not saying this just having the old Michael in mind but the new one as well. It just felt weird and out of place. Another scene that turned me off was Michael turning the ceiling into swiss cheese. It just seemed a bit over-the-top.

Myers-89
09-04-2007, 11:51 AM
I didn't like when Michael was standing in the doorway with the sheet over him staring at Lynda, and I'll tell you why. That scene worked for the Michael Myers in the original, but Tyler Mane is like 6 foot 10. I'm pretty sure that Lynda would have noticed that Bob grew an additional foot from the time he went to get her the beer to then. :rolleyes:

As for my favorite scene, I really have to think about that one.

Casper
09-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Good point myers 89 but tell me....if you seen some big motherf**** standing there a foot taller than your bf or gf tell me you wouldnt shizit yourself.....i would and just watching him take it off behind her is just amazing because its like a classic scene and you know something is about to happen....

And yes there was a rape scene in the smiths grove sanitarium....in the workprint edition. I thought it was way too much for halloween so im glad they outed with it in the theatrical version. But the rape scenario in H6 has nothing to do with that.

LameyMclamerson
09-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Favorite scenes : Joe Grizzley droppin' a beast in peace! Also, I enjoyed the scene of The Myer's at the dinner table at the start of the film. Very funny dialouge. I liked a lot of scenes.

Least Favorite scenes : The part when young Michael runs out of the school office while his Mom and Dr. Loomis are in conversation. He runs like a wuss.

MacG
09-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Favorite: When Laurie finds Annie and Paul, and she runs into the other room to call the police. Then the door slowly shuts behind her, and Michael suddenly appears out of nowhere, kind of like in the original when his face slowly comes into focus.

Least Favorite: Definately the "Love Hurts" montage. I didn't understand that choice of song, and didn't really want to see Sheri Moon Zombie on a strippers pole.

mr32
09-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Its hard i have a lot of favorite scene but they one stuck out the most was when mikey is chasing his big sis down the hall. Man the clean mask was creepy has hell on lil mike.

Least favorite would be mikey running down the school hall.

njdevs03champs
09-05-2007, 09:24 AM
My favorite scene was when Michael finds the shape mask in the house as an adult.

My least favorite was Annie screaming for Laurie.

renee30152
09-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Its hard i have a lot of favorite scene but they one stuck out the most was when mikey is chasing his big sis down the hall. Man the clean mask was creepy has hell on lil mike.

Least favorite would be mikey running down the school hall.

That one was creepy. With the clown outfit and white mask stalking her.
I also loved the scene with Annie calling for Laurie.

wyatt s
09-05-2007, 07:09 PM
I forgot the to mention the scene where Michael stands in the dark staring at the little girl watching television. I liked that scene very much.

myerslilBRO
09-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Favorite Scenes: Michael standing behind Lindsay as she watches t.v. then Annie walks in the room and he's gone.
Annie being attacked by Michael and tries to fight him until he knocks her to the floor and then her being dragged from the kitchen to the hallway. I just wanted to reach through the screen and help her. Hehehe.
Laurie finding Annie and Annie screaming Laurie's name. It built on the tension.
Young Michael staring at the bully between the trees then following him and then beating the shit out of him. That was awesome.
Seeing Sheri Moon finally being able to show her acting capabilities in this movie.

Least Favorite:
Lynda as an over the top cheerleading slutbag.
The "bagel" scene.
Michael watching the girls walking home from school. He should have been watching where THEY couldn't see him.
The suicide scene. Felt it kinda disturbing and then hearing the baby crying. But it works here.

Patrick1679
09-06-2007, 09:24 AM
my favorite scene is when michaels standing behind lindsay when shes watching and then when annie comes to get her he's not there

Mine too! I love that scene!:bow:

I also liked the scene when Laurie discovers Annie and Paul at the house. She goes running off into the room to call the police then Michael slowly closes the door and out he comes from behind it...creepy. Then he plays with Paul.:bow:

My least favorite scene is whe Michael hands Laurie the picture of them when they were little. I didn't like that at all. :godno:

The Dark Knight
09-06-2007, 11:31 AM
"Michael, I failed you."
"MICHAEL, STOP!"
I was disappointed that Mosely didn't say, "Let's go, Hoss".

Deckard
09-06-2007, 01:08 PM
My favorite scene is hard to decide...I love the Mason Strode death in the WP...that was just wicked! But I think my favorite scene in the theatrical would be the scene where Michael attacks Annie...I mean, Danielle Harris made up for any lack of character development with those tears. Man, there's no WAY you couldn't feel for her there...Danielle did a GREAT job.

My least favorite scene would be the scene in the workprint where Loomis initally meets with Brackett...man, I can see why Zombie re-filmed that...it was horrid.

Latin Razkal
09-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Favorite Tie:The Bully Kill/Ronnie getting duct taped and throat slit

Least Favorite:The scene where the guards were talking asking who they had to transfer the one guard says Michael Myers then that other guard is like "Trick or Treat baby" stupid line glad he got killed

Danny Strode
09-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I too like when Michael attacked Annie and then when Laurie found Annie. I really got into it when the door closed and he was standing right behind it. Then he was messing with Paul. Creepy!

Frazetta
09-07-2007, 07:50 PM
My favorite scene is hard to decide...I love the Mason Strode death in the WP...that was just wicked! But I think my favorite scene in the theatrical would be the scene where Michael attacks Annie...I mean, Danielle Harris made up for any lack of character development with those tears. Man, there's no WAY you couldn't feel for her there...Danielle did a GREAT job. The creepiest scene for me is right after Laurie finds Annie on the floor & runs to the phone & the door slowly shuts & Michael is standing there in the shadows & Annie started screaming for Laurie trying to warn her. That was one of the creepiest scenes I've seen in a longtime.

KITTY4MICHAEL
09-07-2007, 10:46 PM
My (favorite) Was The Background Of Young Michael.
My (least Favorite) Was The Ending. LOOMIS SHOULD HAVE DIED AND MICHAEL SHOULD HAVE VANISHED.

mmyers78
09-08-2007, 12:55 PM
just thought of another one, i also like when young michael hears his mom and dr.loomis talking and he starts running and then the halloween theme starts playing, and when michael kills the cop, when laurie and the kids are locked in the bathroom

D Adams
09-08-2007, 02:19 PM
I do think it was very original, unique, and maybe even brilliant to have young Michael kill Judith wearing the spray painted Shatner mask, which would ultimately be his and the franchises' trademark...(instead of that silly clown mask)....... That entire segment, including the hallway slashings in her back -- unforgettable, and definitely more engaging than the original killing of Judith, in my opinion.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-08-2007, 02:26 PM
I do think it was very original, unique, and maybe even brilliant to have young Michael kill Judith wearing the spray painted Shatner mask, which would ultimately be his and the franchises' trademark...(instead of that silly clown mask)....... That entire segment, including the hallway slashings in her back -- unforgettable, and definitely more engaging than the original killing of Judith, in my opinion.

Yeah, I liked that a lot.

I don't see how so many people found it so funny. Sure it looked a little weird, but I thought the way Zombie shot the scene minimized the odd appearance.

Patrick1679
09-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I liked that a lot.

I don't see how so many people found it so funny. Sure it looked a little weird, but I thought the way Zombie shot the scene minimized the odd appearance.

I agree. it's a great scene and Rob did a great job shooting it. I didn't think it was funny. It was quite disturbing. Just thinking it was a little kid doing this.:crazy:

D Adams
09-08-2007, 08:38 PM
I agree. it's a great scene and Rob did a great job shooting it. I didn't think it was funny. It was quite disturbing. Just thinking it was a little kid doing this.:crazy:

Yes, and it does show some flashes of brilliance from Zombie. There are a few of those throughout the film. I agree - it wasn't funny, especially since Judith was screaming in pain ....it was disturbing, which makes the scene work well. There are always some idiots in the theater who think scenes like that, and the one where MM beats the bully to death are to be laughed it .... sick people.

My least favorite scene: Sheriff Bracket's reaction to finding his half-naked near death daughter. Atrocious ....worst acting I've ever seen. Brad Dourif should be cast out of hollywood for that performance :(

Severed
09-09-2007, 04:46 AM
Didn't Michael rape Jamie somewhere in between H5/H6 and thats how she got the baby?

Yes, they show the rape (not as bad as it sounds) in the producer's cut of H6.

Anyways ... I hope theres no UNRATED version of Rob Zombies Halloween ... I just hope they put the deleted scenes in the exstras ... When do yous think it will be released anyways?

Really? Why not? I am hoping for an unrated version of Halloween. If it was up to me, I would have the unrated be the work print and the rated be the theatrical version.

jaquen
09-09-2007, 05:16 AM

I think the actual murder of Judith is stronger in the new film, but the opening sequence of Halloween is FAR superior in craft and execution to the Myers house murders in this remake.

Worthystevens
09-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Yes, and it does show some flashes of brilliance from Zombie. There are a few of those throughout the film. I agree - it wasn't funny, especially since Judith was screaming in pain ....it was disturbing, which makes the scene work well. There are always some idiots in the theater who think scenes like that, and the one where MM beats the bully to death are to be laughed it .... sick people.

My least favorite scene: Sheriff Bracket's reaction to finding his half-naked near death daughter. Atrocious ....worst acting I've ever seen. Brad Dourif should be cast out of hollywood for that performance :(

To be fair, I assumed that Brackett already knew Annie may have been hurt because of Laurie's call from the Wallace residence, since she was supposed to be babysitting there. Hence the not-so-surprised tone he had.

mmyers78
09-09-2007, 02:10 PM
To be fair, I assumed that Brackett already knew Annie may have been hurt because of Laurie's call from the Wallace residence, since she was supposed to be babysitting there. Hence the not-so-surprised tone he had.

agreed:)

Todd 78
09-09-2007, 02:14 PM

I loved the movie, but man what a terrible performace Brad was the weakest link to the film. This won't be a popular opinion, but man I'm glad that brackett didn't have that much scren time.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-09-2007, 02:30 PM
I loved the movie, but man what a terrible performace Brad was the weakest link to the film. This won't be a popular opinion, but man I'm glad that brackett didn't have that much scren time.

Unlike McDowell a good deal of the time, I thought he sold the crappy lines written for his character pretty well.

Patrick1679
09-09-2007, 03:41 PM

I wasn't happy with Brackett in this movie. He could've been better. He just wasn't tough enough. He seemed like a wus.

The Dark Knight
09-10-2007, 09:17 AM
am I the only one who liked Ronny White?

The_1st_Shape
09-12-2007, 02:49 PM
One scene I really liked and it effected me greatly was the scene where Michael shows Boo the picture of them both. I felt so much emotion for Michael.

jaquen
09-12-2007, 05:14 PM
One scene I really liked and it effected me greatly was the scene where Michael shows Boo the picture of them both. I felt so much emotion for Michael.

That was one of those scenes where, when it got to that point where you KNEW what was about to happen, all I could think was "O' GOD, not this cheesiness!". mean it was foreshadowed all throughout the fabric of the movie. But the scene actually unfolded a lot better than I expected.

RazorBlade101
09-12-2007, 05:33 PM
I thought Malcome M. did fine ... Its just he didnt do the famous speech that Donald did in the first one. I dont think anybody could have done that part better ...

I havent seen the movie in almost two weeks, and probably wont see it again until it comes out on DVD, so hurry up and release it!!!!

jaquen
09-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Its just he didnt do the famous speech that Donald did in the first one. I dont think anybody could have done that part better...

And thankfully they didn't even try. Besides it would never have happened. That speech would be completely out of character for this Loomis' vision of Michael. They're "best friends" after all.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-12-2007, 06:09 PM

Thank God they edited the closeup of a tear falling out of his eye.

I wanted to feel something, but the moment looked all awkward to me. I could never match this new Shape with the new Michael in my head enough.

jaquen
09-12-2007, 06:13 PM
I could never match this new Shape with the new Michael in my head enough.

That's the thing, isn't it? I don't think this new Michael is at all "The Shape". He's too humanized here to be that mysterious, faceless evil in the shadows. He's pure Michael here, we know everything about him, and so any trace of the classic "Shape" is all gone for me.

Monte
09-12-2007, 06:16 PM
That's the thing, isn't it? I don't think this new Michael is at all "The Shape". He's too humanized here to be that mysterious, faceless evil in the shadows. He's pure Michael here, we know everything about him, and so any trace of the classic "Shape" is all gone for me.

While that is true, I wasn't expecting the "classic Shape." He died when he got shot out the window at the end of the original movie and came back in Halloween 2 as the Terminator.

jaquen
09-12-2007, 06:18 PM
While that is true, I wasn't expecting the "classic Shape." He died when he got shot out the window at the end of the original movie and came back in Halloween 2 as the Terminator.

:roflmao: Yeah, kinda like Laurie in H20? Hey, they are related after all!

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-12-2007, 06:23 PM

I think the third act needed to be rewritten more to fit the new movie better. Loomis spouting off that MM is "pure evil"? Maybe after his 15 years of silence he could've come away with that opinion-- which he'd have to explain. But we got to see what was going on, amd MM was a kid who seemed very normal, only with some very deep, severe psychological problems.

I saw a little bit of the character we knew in the first and second act right when he puts on the buried iconic mask and starts looking around-- that was something we never saw in the original, Carpenter always made sure the eyes weren't visible.

After that, I just didn't feel any connection between the two parts.

jaquen
09-12-2007, 06:38 PM
I think the third act needed to be rewritten more to fit the new movie better. Loomis spouting off that MM is "pure evil"? Maybe after his 15 years of silence he could've come away with that opinion-- which he'd have to explain. But we got to see what was going on, amd MM was a kid who seemed very normal, only with some very deep, severe psychological problems.

I saw a little bit of the character we knew in the first and second act right when he puts on the buried iconic mask and starts looking around-- that was something we never saw in the original, Carpenter always made sure the eyes weren't visible.

After that, I just didn't feel any connection between the two parts.

The new Michael makes NO sense whatsoever. He was mystified, painted as evil incarnate, in the original Halloween, which in turn allowed room for the plausibility of him surviving repeated physical attacks and somehow rebounding. He was pure evil, and somehow evil never stops, never dies. But this new Michael is no archetype, no symbol, but your run of the mill sociopath, no different than a Jeffery Dahmer or a Ted Bundy. This made all the elements that exist only because they were in the original, i.e. any talk about pure evil and Michael's ability to withstand otherwise mortal injuries, stand out like sore, disconnected thumbs.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-12-2007, 06:57 PM
The new Michael makes NO sense whatsoever. He was mystified, painted as evil incarnate, in the original Halloween, which in turn allowed room for the plausibility of him surviving repeated physical attacks and somehow rebounding. He was pure evil, and somehow evil never stops, never dies. But this new Michael is no archetype, no symbol, but your run of the mill sociopath, no different than a Jeffery Dahmer or a Ted Bundy. This made all the elements that exist only because they were in the original, i.e. any talk about pure evil and Michael's ability to withstand otherwise mortal injuries, stand out like sore, disconnected thumbs.

I really don't understand Zombie's script. He goes through all these pains to humanize him, tipping off hardcore fans by changing "the devil's eyes" to "the eyes of a psychopath". Then he betrays it all.

The workprint wasn't so supernatural I guess, but even in that dude is powerlifting gravestones home and shit.

Patrick1679
09-12-2007, 07:53 PM

:scratchhead:

I personally didn't like that scene. It could have been better. I don't know why he was going after Laurie? Did he want to kill her or take her away?

The only other scene that I didn't like was when he had the ghost sheet on. Lynda asks him where her beer was and he sticks his hand out with the beer. He should have just stood there. It was stupid for him to stick his hand out to hand her a beer. That could have been better.:vomit:

But I liked everything else.:)

jaquen
09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
:scratchhead:

I personally didn't like that scene. It could have been better. I don't know why he was going after Laurie? Did he want to kill her or take her away?

You didn't see the fact that he was just trying to have a nice family reunion with "boo" from a million miles away? I think the whole film up to that point pretty much told us why he was going after Laurie.

Slapshot
09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
I loved the one scene where everything is frozen and the camera pans to Michael in the car and he slowly turns. Even before that part though, with the whole camera panning was really nice.

MMyers89
09-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Least favorite was the Love Hurts scene. It was cheesy and kind of embarassing to watch.

Don't know about favorite, as there was a lot of stuff in there I liked.

Patrick1679
09-13-2007, 03:27 PM
You didn't see the fact that he was just trying to have a nice family reunion with "boo" from a million miles away? I think the whole film up to that point pretty much told us why he was going after Laurie.

What kind of family reunion? Did he want to kill her? He could have easily several times. Or did he just want to be with her? If that's the case why chase her with knife?

jaquen
09-13-2007, 03:43 PM
What kind of family reunion? Did he want to kill her? He could have easily several times. Or did he just want to be with her? If that's the case why chase her with knife?

Michael's whole story was set up that the only people he loved were his mom and "boo". With his mom's passing all he looked forward to was "going home", which is the only thing Michael truly wanted after all. He and his remaining family back in the only place he considered home. The moment Brackett asks Loomis what Michael's intentions for Laurie are, and Loomis does NOT say it's to certainly kill her, I knew with absolute certainty what Michael's motivation was. It was one of the more consistent elements of his nature, for me at least.

shawn31
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM
it almost seemed like he was mad she was with another family.

Patrick1679
09-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah, he grabbed the photo of Laurie before he kills Mrs. Strode.

But how did he know that Laurie was "boo"?:dunno:

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah, he grabbed the photo of Laurie before he kills Mrs. Strode.

He smelled her scent from inside the picture.

Patrick1679
09-13-2007, 06:28 PM
He smelled her scent from inside the picture.

:hugegrin: :fu:

jaquen
09-14-2007, 03:16 PM

Who the hell knows. It's just that kind of movie.

Danny Strode
09-14-2007, 03:22 PM

I wondered that too.

Upon seeing it a few more times, I think he may have recognized Laurie from her curly hair. Remember in the beginning of the film when he said to his mom, "I like your hair curly"? Maybe that had something to do with it.

Just my two cents.

Monte
09-14-2007, 03:26 PM
I also wonder what Laurie's birth name was. Surely "Laurie" is the name the Strodes gave her, and if it was actually supposed to be "Boo," I think maybe Rob Zombie should do a little more research into what a name is.

jaquen
09-14-2007, 03:37 PM
I wondered that too.

Upon seeing it a few more times, I think he may have recognized Laurie from her curly hair. Remember in the beginning of the film when he said to his mom, "I like your hair curly"? Maybe that had something to do with it.

Just my two cents.

So what would distinguish her "curly hair", though honestly her hair wasn't really that curly, from the hundreds of other curly haired girls all over Haddonfield? I think Zombie simply forgot that the whole sibling connection was never intended to be apart of Halloween, so he's made an awkward Prequel/Halloween meets Halloween 2 Remake/Reimaging.

shawn31
09-14-2007, 04:20 PM
dont know if anyone noticed, but laurie kinda looks like judith. dont know if this is why michael acted the way he did, maby RZ did it on purpose?:scratchhead:

Danny Strode
09-14-2007, 06:13 PM
While we're sorta on the topic of goofs... anyone else find it odd that on Halloween, no one in Haddonfield locked their doors? And when Laurie was running around screaming, there were no trick-or-treaters?

Frazetta
09-14-2007, 06:54 PM
While we're sorta on the topic of goofs... anyone else find it odd that on Halloween, no one in Haddonfield locked their doors? And when Laurie was running around screaming, there were no trick-or-treaters? Haddonfield is a small town & living in a small town normally means ppl don't always lock their doors. And there weren't trick or treaters out running around in Carpenter's Halloween when Michael chased Laurie.

mellybelly69
09-14-2007, 07:34 PM
i absolutely loveed the scene when Michael kills the bully....it was so like YEAH!! in yur face && it was awesome.
my least favorite part was when Annie was being killed;; i didnt like that she was topless because when Danielle Harris was in H4&&5 she was a little girl && yu shouldnt have been able to seen her naked even tho she was a completely different character. thats just my opinion

Danny Strode
09-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I see your point. I still feel that way, and every time I saw it, I didn't look in that particular area.

Baphochrist
09-17-2007, 02:35 AM
Favorite - The bully murder. A very effective scene. Sadly the rest of the movie was nowhere near effective in my opinion.

Least Favorite - Oh man so many to choose from. I'll go ahead an go with the unmasking scene. It was wussy and lame back in '89 and it's somehow wussier and lamer now.

Shape813
10-18-2007, 11:00 AM
my favorite is when laurie finds annie and then goes to help and all of a sudden michael comes out looks at anni nonchalant and plays around with paul. DAMN that is the best scene eva.

MrShape666
10-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Well, obviously Danielle Harris' topless scene is the one that stays in my head as my favorite, but that's a given.

Aside from that, my favorite has to be Laurie and the kids stuck in that bathtub while Micheal kills the cop outside through the hazy glass door.
A toss up between that and the restaged "Ghost Bob" scene.

Least favorite scene has to be the young Micheal sulking to the tune of "Love Hurts" which I found annoying for some reason.

Kinick
10-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Favourites - all of Danny Trejo's final scene, killing of Bob and Lynda.

Least favourites - opening sequence, most of Ronnie, pool scene.

Seth Gecko
10-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Faves:
-The Love Hurts scene. It was damn badass.

-Ronnie's death. I marked out for that asshole to get it.

-That kid from Spy Kids (the bully)'s death.

-Where Laurie shoots Michael in the face, and blood goes everywhere.

Least faves:
-Annie: "Do you wanna fuck me? *two seconds later* Do you wanna fuck me? Tell me that you wanna fuck me." I really wanted Paul to yell YES! I WANT TO FUCK YOUR SLUTTY ASS! and shut her the hell up.

JOeKER
12-17-2007, 10:19 AM
I love the shot of Michael playing with the hanging body with the Jack-O-Lantern head.

My least favorite scene is probably the rape scene, not because I find it offensive or anything, but just because it seems too over the top.

Laurie2007
12-17-2007, 11:16 AM
fav's
*michael playing with pauls dead body while it's hanging
*when Laurie shoots michael in the face
*michael charges laurie at the balcony

least fav's
*the rape scene....it was just not needed
*and michaels break down scene with laurie in the basement

1978 COLLECTOR
12-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Fav- Everything from the begining to Michael's escape

Least Fav-Almost everything afterwars except when Michael first confronts Laurie and takes off his mask and shows Larie the pic of him and Laurie as a baby. When I saw Daniel's nude scene, I thought, "If I told her about this on the set of H5, would she belive me?". Too much sex...

Danny Strode
12-17-2007, 01:08 PM
When I saw Daniel's nude scene, I thought, "If I told her about this on the set of H5, would she belive me?". Too much sex...

I agree. I love Danielle a lot and I still think she's a sweetheart, but I didn't care much for that. And yeah, I agree, too much sex.

renee30152
01-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Too much language over sex IMHO. Every other word someone was dropping the f bomb.

Frazetta
01-01-2008, 11:07 AM
I agree. I love Danielle a lot and I still think she's a sweetheart, but I didn't care much for that. And yeah, I agree, too much sex. Wasn't it Daniel Harris getting pounded doggy style in Urban Legend? Let's not pretend that Zombie talked her into doing something she wouldn't be comfortable with.

Ravenheart
01-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Wasn't it Daniel Harris getting pounded doggy style in Urban Legend? Let's not pretend that Zombie talked her into doing something she wouldn't be comfortable with.

Yup that was her :D

Danny Strode
01-01-2008, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't know. I never saw that movie.

Khan
01-01-2008, 04:12 PM
She played a goth girl in it.

chubbs
01-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Favorite scene has to be the scene where Annie drops Lindsey off with Laurie..then they suddenly become raging Lesbians.haha Tommy's face was priceless.

Least Favorite...most likely the rape scene. I hate it, not only because it is rape, but I hate how they add two characters randomly, then never see them..and it's an odd way to segue into the Danny Trejo Death scene.

Flash Over
01-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Favoraite Scene: When Laurie discovers Annie on the ground, I just found that the scene was really emotional and got me thinking about how i would react if was in Laurie's situation

Least: The Rape. I've always felt uncomfortable about rape so I kind of saw this one coming as my least

Icebreaker_8605
01-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Fave? Well I liked many scenes.

As for least, I would say Loomis' farewell to Michael. I just didn't like how Loomis just gave up on Michael's case and moving on. Very different from DP's Loomis, but I wasn't keen of it.

Danny Strode
01-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Favoraite Scene: When Laurie discovers Annie on the ground, I just found that the scene was really emotional and got me thinking about how i would react if was in Laurie's situation

Yeah, definitely a great scene. I especially liked when the door closed and Michael appeared behind it, and then he went and pushed Paul with the jack-o-lantern on his head. I loved it.

MichaelFox
04-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Hmmm...my favorite scene would be young myers killing Judith from bedroom to corridor. The least favorite, none. I like them all.

tripprivers
04-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Favorite scenes:
Judith's death; brutal and scary

The slow motion sanitarium scene after he attacks the nurse; creepy and heartbreaking at the same time; the slow motion, the wailing of the sirens and the expression shots of the characters - everyone was just spot on

Laurie's discovery of Annie at the Wallace house: this scene was intense. The acting of both Danielle and Scout was just great and when Michael appears behind the door and is standing over Annie while observing his work on Paul...just great and glad to see a lot of people lovin that scene

Least Favorites:
directors cut - Rape breakout scene; unnecessary to the 10th degree. Listening to the director's commentary, Zombie makes the statement that this seemed more realistic to him in that this kind of abuse was common in sanitariums and that Michael had become in the eyes of those that worked there practically harmless since he'd been completely silent since his attack on the nurse and hadn't done anything since. While I don't disagree with that statement of abuse occuring in these types of institutions it just seemed too insane. And if that is suppose to still be the maximum security ward I would hope that there would be more than two drunk assholes on duty.

Strode house attack: I thought the scene was beautifully shot and was rather intense but what really bugs me is when Michael has the mother cornered and she is screaming, then it cuts to her crawling into the adjacent room. The commentary states that this was added on and in my opinion not necessary. I thought the deleted scene of Michael walking around the carnage of the living room with the phone ringing would have been better.

Myer's attack on the Doyle House: Again I thought it was a tense scene, kids are screaming in the bathtub and Myers crashes through the door dragging a screaming Laurie down the hallway..then CUT to outside of the Doyle house, Laurie is now passed out in Michael's arms and he carries her down the street. That cut just drives me nuts. And while its visually appealing, its such a jarring cut that it takes me out of the scene. What the hell happened? Did she just pass out from screaming so much...did he knock her lights out?

Danny Trejo's Death - I get the point of his death I just didnt like how it was done. I didn't like the underwater bleeding out of the mouth bit.

Blood&Guts
09-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Im a bit late on this topic but my favorite scenes were: MM standing behind Lindsey watching tv, when Lynda & Bob walking into the Myers house and Michael is on the balcony, when Laurie is in the attic and Michael is going ape shit with the 2x4, when the Strodes answering machine is playing with them laying dead, when Laurie finds Annie, pumpkin-head Paul,... fuck it, I liked the whole movie... its kind of like JC's HalloweeN, everytime I watch it, I find something else I like

Michael Voorhees
09-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Idk if I can pick a favorite scene but I don't, nor will I ever see the big deal about Danielle's topless scene. With the way Rob is, if she was uncomfortable with it, it wouldn't have happened.

Roswell
04-06-2010, 11:17 AM
I think one of my favorite moments from the film is when Adult Michael is doing something other than stalking and killing. For example, when he pushes Paul's dead body with the pumpkin on it and just watches as it swings back and forth, or when he's standing behind Lindsey and is watching the end of The Thing From Another World. Moments like that gave me chills watching them.

DoomsdayFAN
04-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Favorite scene: Little Michael with big Michael's mask on, kills Judith.

Least Favorite: Dr. Loomis mutters the line: "As a matter of Fact, I DO believe it was..."

God, what a horrible acting job throughout the entire film!!!

Roswell
04-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Favorite scene: Little Michael with big Michael's mask on, kills Judith.

Least Favorite: Dr. Loomis mutters the line: "As a matter of Fact, I DO believe it was..."

God, what a horrible acting job throughout the entire film!!!

I never understood the big deal around how he delivered that line. I thought he delivered the line like he was looking back on the whole situation and was thinking, just for a moment, that maybe he WAS the boogeyman. The Loomis of Rob Zombie's Halloween isn't the same as the Loomis of John Carpenter's Halloween, so if he delivered that line the same way, it wouldn't have felt right to me.

halloween2007
09-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Least favourite scene: the entire movie

Favourite scene: the end credits

this film was one of the worst movies i've ever seen. why Zombie was chosen is beyond me. if he wanted to make a horror film like this, it should have been stand alone. this and its sequel are not Halloween material in my opinion.

Roswell
09-22-2010, 08:40 PM
this film was one of the worst movies i've ever seen.

If the remake is the worst, then you have no idea what a TRULY horrible movie is like. You should be thankful you got to watch a film that was at least in focus the whole time.

if he wanted to make a horror film like this, it should have been stand alone. this and its sequel are not Halloween material in my opinion.

What is the deal with labels around here? So if they just took the name Halloween off of it, that would automatically improve the quality of it? That logic really boggles my mind.

dashroomfreakxx
09-23-2010, 04:19 AM
My Favorite is the end when he's devouring the house looking for Laurie. My least fav is the rape scene

Frazetta
10-10-2010, 07:35 PM
My Favorite is the end when he's devouring the house looking for Laurie. My least fav is the rape sceneThe destruction of the house is great & really shows Michael as an animal stalking his prey. I don't like the rape scene either but the way Michael kills the two Orderlies is fantastic. And I think that version of his escape feels more authentic than the theatrical version.

Ivan
10-11-2010, 03:43 AM
Nothing. The whole movie is basically the same and there isn't a scene, which would be better than the rest.

KarloffLives
10-19-2010, 06:56 PM

I agree....that scene was just super creepy

Benny JR
11-23-2010, 02:10 PM
I liked it, but I would have probabaly LOVED it if it hadn;t the following in it:

*The swearing, trashy homelife of Michael Myers, that guy Ronny, he was just nasty and his Sister, Judith was way too slutty.
*The over-use of bad language and all of the excessive, pointless nudity.
*The rape scene in the mental institution - gross and wrong and didn't belong in a "Halloween" film at all.
*Seeing Danielle Harris topless, she was the little girl who was our heroine in "Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers" and "Halloween 5", now she suddenly taking her top off and it's not good to see, especially because she is probabaly still that same little girl in all of our eyes. I like Danielle, but I didn't want to see that AT ALL!
*Having Lynda completely naked, that made not like the character at all, she became too slutty and I didn't care about the character.
*All of the excessive too-gory bloody shots and the tits ruined it for me and made the film look cheap, like a poor excuse for a porn film.

S.O.L.A
11-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Fav scene: The pool scene and then the whole "Michael, I failed you," bit

Least fav: The rape scene. Pointless.

Citan
04-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Favorite: The bully's (forgot his name sorry) death scene; it was unsettling, and I like that. Judith's death scene was good. The young Michael in Smith's Grove scenes.

Least favorite: Everything else ;)

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Favorite scene would probably be when Laurie discovers Annie, then runs to phone the police...with the front door swinging shut moments later, revealing Michael behind it. This is Michael Myers at his most cunning and sadistic. He incapacitates Annie, but keeps her alive, literally using her as bait. And when the door swings shut and we see Myers, it's easily the biggest "Oh shit" moment in the film.

I also like how he takes a moment to admire the handiwork he made of Pumpkinhead Paul in this scene.

Darth Revan
04-11-2011, 12:48 PM
My favorite scene has got to be the one where Michael kills that bully kid. And my least favorite was Paul calling Annie "Munchie". It just sounded so corny. But Danielle's looks made up for that. ;)

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-11-2011, 01:10 PM
My favorite scene has got to be the one where Michael kills that bully kid. And my least favorite was Paul calling Annie "Munchie". It just sounded so corny. But Danielle's looks made up for that. ;)

Well, she does have the word "Munchkin" on her letter jacket. Probably because she's like 4 feet tall. ;)

The Saw
04-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Favorite scene- when Michael first puts his mask on after escaping, after he dig it up, I really liked that.
Least favorite- in the first half, when Deborah is visiting the principal, and Michael goes to run out of the school, and it's like slow mo, and he's all chubby and long haired.... Made me mad!

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-11-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't think that shot is in slo-mo...Daeg just isn't very fast. :bastard:

The Saw
04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Either way, I hated it. Hah

voleppard
04-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Favorite scene: When Michael steps into the hallway to finish off Judith. The lighting on the mask gives it a very chilly vibe.

I don't think that shot is in slo-mo...Daeg just isn't very fast. :bastard:

I actually own a copy of the film where the running is in slo-mo. After 4 or 5 steps, the frame freezes and this is where the title of the movie is inserted. Then it starts again at regular speed.

Citan
04-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Favorite scene would probably be when Laurie discovers Annie, then runs to phone the police...with the front door swinging shut moments later, revealing Michael behind it. This is Michael Myers at his most cunning and sadistic. He incapacitates Annie, but keeps her alive, literally using her as bait. And when the door swings shut and we see Myers, it's easily the biggest "Oh shit" moment in the film.

I agree. I liked that scene too.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-11-2011, 06:15 PM
I actually own a copy of the film where the running is in slo-mo. After 4 or 5 steps, the frame freezes and this is where the title of the movie is inserted. Then it starts again at regular speed.

That'd be the Workprint.

blacksymbiote
07-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Favorite scene: Michael & Loomis sessions.
Least Favorite scene: Laurie acting cruel to Tommy

Steven Lloyd
07-14-2011, 06:16 AM
Favourite: I have to agree that the door swinging shut to reveal Michael standing over a bleeding Annie is awesome. The entire scene evoked the older Halloween films to me.

Least favourite: From the theatrical release, Ronnie's death. I just can't buy that someone could be taped to a chair without waking up. From the other cuts, the rape scene. Just... no.

CJ7
07-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Favorite: would have to be Michael's escape in the TC along with putting the mask on for the first time upon his return home.

Least favorite: Would have to be the escape in the DC, no need for it, the escape in the TC is better anyway.

the 'M' clam
08-16-2011, 03:58 AM
My favorite scene has to be when Michael as a kid kills the nurse. That scene I find is just pure evil.

Michael Voorhees
08-17-2011, 09:02 PM
My favorite scenes are when he escapes in the T-Cut, & the whole end chase sequence with Laurie. In terms of my least favorite scenes, the only one I've ever really had any complaints with was the rape sequence in the D-Cut.

Vampire Queen
08-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Fav: The bully gets it. Michaeal kills the guy that wanted to rape the mental girl. I think I stood up and clapped lol
Least: Annie sex scene, the guy raping that insane girl.

Throat Cutter
09-09-2011, 12:07 AM
My favorite scene in the movie would be the scene when Michael comes back to Haddonfield after 15 years and finds his mask and knife in the old house...the camera work is very good and the music does the rest...EPIC...

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Michaeal kills the guy that wanted to rape the mental girl. I think I stood up and clapped lol

I usually only do that in the theater...don't think I've ever done it at home.

80sJEM
12-29-2012, 07:32 AM
I've already gone though my favorite scenes in the official favorite scene THREAD, but if I had to choose my FAVORITE out of them I'm going with Laurie and Cynthia on the steps waiting for Annie.

LEAST favorite(s): I'm not saying I hate the whole movie leading up to Haddonfield because I like tiny little bits and pieces of it, but I don't even NEED to watch any of it until Laurie shows up. So, once I get THERE, I can't stand Annie and Lynda's sex scenes or even the time spent on them that was just taking away from LAURIE. STILL bugs me.

Stebob1984
10-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Favourite... Michael back at the Myers house digging up and putting on the (worn) classic mask. It's very iconic and very well done, music and all.

Least favourite... The scene with Michaels family at the beginning, typical Zombie white trash family, it's just awful. I mean just even in that scene you can see why a Michael is evil and I don't like it. I think it humanises him but I guess that's what Zombie was going for (although he does go against this several times with Myers been seemingly immortal at times).