PDA

View Full Version : The Tyler Mane as the Shape Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Fiberawptic
09-02-2007, 11:44 AM
What do you think of tyler mane being the shape?

P.S put aside your judgement of the movie as a whole and just look at Manes performace to judge him as the shape. Remember, it wasn't Tylers fault the movie didnt turn out the way you wanted it, IF YOU WERE DISSAPOINTED.

I thought he was excellent. He made Michael one bad ass which i hadnt seen since the second halloween. hes different then castle and castle set the stage for the rest of the Myers' in the sequels so they are both genius' in their own, equel ways.

The Dark Shape
09-02-2007, 11:46 AM
I thought he was good, but he didn't really do anything the stunt people beforehand hadn't done.

ragethorn
09-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Phenominal.

He's the best shape since the original in my opinion.

His size was crucial as well in order for him to pick up Bob against the wall and take a few slugs in the shoulder and still keep going. Those are the pro's. I loved the mask too.

I really think Tyler Mane & Daeg Faerch were a huge part of the movies pro's.

mmyers78
09-02-2007, 11:48 AM
i think he was great

Villain612
09-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I liked it.

The best part about it was when I saw Tyler Mane, I pictured him as the grown up version of Daeg. There was real continuity there in the character.

Roswell
09-02-2007, 12:45 PM
He's the second best Myers in my opinion. I only give Nick Castle the number one spot because he originated the role and he really did the best job at playing Myers.

Worthystevens
09-02-2007, 12:46 PM
It's a tie. Not better than Castle, but did just as great I think.

horrornut
09-02-2007, 01:03 PM
IMO Tyler did an outstanding job. Times have changed and the Shape moves as differently as the movie moves differently. It's not the same.....it's not suppose to be......it never will be the same again. Let's all move on....get current....accept change.

H-Field Hero
09-02-2007, 01:16 PM
IMO Tyler did an outstanding job. Times have changed and the Shape moves as differently as the movie moves differently. It's not the same.....it's not suppose to be......it never will be the same again. Let's all move on....get current....accept change.I'm quite surprised to see you take this position, old timer :p.

I kid, I kid.

The real Shape
09-02-2007, 02:27 PM
I thought Tyler Mane was great. He did that whole "stiff back" thing pretty well.

Myers Insurance
09-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Let's see... Nick Castle's 5'something"
Tyler's 6'10"
Nick was skinny
Tyler was buff

I'd have more of a chance against Nick Castle Myers than Tyler Mane Myers.

Ravenheart
09-02-2007, 02:28 PM
He's the second best Myers in my opinion. I only give Nick Castle the number one spot because he originated the role and he really did the best job at playing Myers.

Same with me.

ShadowX81
09-02-2007, 02:36 PM
He was ok I guess. I mean, it doesnt exactly take that much talent to play myers. They all pretty much are the same to me.

However I dont like the fact that they got a gigantic guy to play him (myers is supposed to be a normal sized man) or the freakishly long hair over his face. It made him look like cousin It.

Detroitking02
09-02-2007, 02:50 PM
I liked tyler he did great better then nick IMO he took the myers character and made it his own not trying to be like the orginal I liked that he actullay moved faster then nick it made michael myers more scary and by him being so tall I loved that to making him seem more scary and dominate I dont care what nobody say Rob Zombie's Halloween kicks ass and Halloween needed a fresh start to the series cause michael was getting boring and more boring after halloween 6 or else it would of died off for good Rob Zombie saved the Halloween Franchise I would love for Zombie to make a sequal to this

Myers Insurance
09-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Can we vote to get the title changed to Michael Myers? Tyler Mane is NOT the shape.

Fiberawptic
09-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Can we vote to get the title changed to Michael Myers? Tyler Mane is NOT the shape.

Thats like saying a cow isnt an animal. Of course he is. And why do you let a title bother you???

metallicabowler
09-02-2007, 03:04 PM
In the original, Michael is a personification of evil. He's not a normal man, which makes it really scary when he can lift Bob up by the throat then pin him to the fridge w/ a kitchen knife.

In Zombie's movie, Myers is a man. He's not a personification of evil, just a sadist and a psychopath. It's not unbelievable when (SCENE SPOILER) Tyler Mane picks up Bob and pins him to the wall w/ a kitchen knife because he's a MONSTER of a man.

I thought Tyler Mane was excellent as this new Myers. He's not wearing black eye make-up (HR.....UGH!!!!) and he doesn't just lok luke a big fat guy (H6).

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-02-2007, 03:05 PM
I'd say the sequel Michaels shouldn't be called The Shape, either...but we do it anyway. I agree Mane isn't The Shape...but I don't think Chris Durand was The Shape, either.

And for the record, I think Mane was the best since Castle. Castle still owns the role forever...but Mane was second best.

Fiberawptic
09-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I'd say the sequel Michaels shouldn't be called The Shape, either...but we do it anyway. I agree Mane isn't The Shape...but I don't think Chris Durand was The Shape, either.

Why wouldnt he be considered the shape? Isnt the shape just michael Myers with the costume and mask, killing people ruthlessly...

Myers Insurance
09-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Carpenter said Michael was called The Shape in the first one because he stood in the shadows.

Fiberawptic
09-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Carpenter said Michael was called The Shape in the first one because he stood in the shadows.

Ok, and Tyler hides in the shadows in RZ's, i rest my case...

Myers Insurance
09-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Except that we see him in the shadows. In the original, Michael was hard to see with the exception of his mask.

SLAB
09-02-2007, 03:18 PM
I thought Mane was great, but I hesitate to refer to him as The Shape as well. The only time were Myers really was that kind of a "force" for lack of a better word was in the first film.

As mentioned though, thought he was great as Michael.

Todd
09-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I thought he was excellent in the role.

ten31
09-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I wasn't impressed at all. I thought he was doing a bad "Tiny" impression from House and The Devil's Rejects. He was way too big and too damn skinny.

Todd
09-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Judging by some comments here, I guess Michael hasn't really been The Shape since the original.

ghettomyers
09-02-2007, 04:58 PM
tyler was the best one IMO dats a bad mutha sucka right there

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I wasn't impressed at all. I thought he was doing a bad "Tiny" impression from House and The Devil's Rejects. He was way too big and too damn skinny.
First, we have people saying he's too bulky...now he's too damn skinny. I'm starting to wonder what precise weight he'd have to be in order to please fans...and how he can be both "too bulky" and "too damn skinny" simultaneously.

Todd
09-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Amazing, isn't it?
He's too tall.
He's too bulky.
He's too skinny.
He moves too fast.

Worthystevens
09-02-2007, 05:20 PM
First, we have people saying he's too bulky...now he's too damn skinny. I'm starting to wonder what precise weight he'd have to be in order to please fans...and how he can be both "too bulky" and "too damn skinny" simultaneously.

Someone's gotta tell Mike he's having some weight issues. :bastard:

Dr_Loomis02
09-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Tyler Mane was fucking scary as the shape! He IS the shape, IMO. Once that mask goes on, he is "the shape."
His size only made him more terrifiying.
I think his mannerisms were great, his movements were great. Mane is the best Myers to date since Castle.

ten31
09-02-2007, 05:34 PM

I don't know who's saying he's too bulky, but he looked way to damn tall and his coveralls looked like they were handed down seven sets of kids and made him look really skinny.

Khan
09-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Ok, nothing special.

Just as I feel with any person who played Michael, they can only do as well as the script they have to work with.

Icebreaker_8605
09-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Tyler Mane was indeed scary as Myers....pretty huge. He wasn't acting like this big lug like Jason, though he was a larger, taller Shape than the rest. He also gave a new take on Michael, personality wise. He gave us a pretty new, ok Myers.

jigsaw_dude
09-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Tyler Mane was INCREDIBLE, second only to the legendary Nick Castle. He really adds that extra creepiness to the shape, I'm really surprised that this pro wrestler knows how to add that special something to the character. I also like how he runs at the end as if he's saying "Hey I ain't fuckin around anymore"

wyatt s
09-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I loved Mane's performance. Absolute best since Nick Castle.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Someone's gotta tell Mike he's having some weight issues. :bastard:
I guess so. haha After all...if he's too bulky and too skinny at the same time, he's gotta have some kind of serious metabolic problems.

Frazetta
09-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Tiny?????WTF are you talking? As imposing as Tiny was there is noway that he could move like Mane does in this movie.

I think Castle is still the overall best but Tyler Mane does an amazing job in the role while both honoring Castle's style was watching & lurking & adding his own take on it.

MichaelMyers04
09-02-2007, 09:25 PM
I thought Mane was phenomenal as Michael Myers. I didn't have a problem with the height, and those who are saying he's too big/bulky need to look again. He's definately one of the best Myers, though I can't rate him against the other Myers until I watch the movie a few more times.

Sam Loomis922
09-02-2007, 10:26 PM
he ws ok, i never was scared when he showed up, his hight is just insane, a couple shots in the WP version are creepy with him just standing there. I'd be cool if he returned.

Peter_
09-03-2007, 02:35 AM
The shape was reduced to a poor grade, lurching, oversized giant-ogre wanna be leatherface.

WORST MYERS TO DATE!

Actually he was not even "MYERS" in my opinion. To say I was dissapointed is a huge understatement.

Dave Mack
09-03-2007, 03:22 AM
Where's the love for Dick Warlock...?!?!?

My fave, Nick Castle of course.
Warlock was very good, moved slower which made sense after all the abuse the character took in H1.

But yes, "The Shape" has a distinction in that you don't really know he's there until too late.

Laurie's scene in H1 when she just saw the bodies of her friends upstairs and The Shape just appears in the darkness.

Same in H:II when the nurse sees the doctor with the hypo in his eye and "The shape" just appears behind her...

Crashing through walls...?!?!

NOT "The Shape"....

jbyrd123
09-03-2007, 03:43 AM
I think Tylers sheer size and physicality put him over the top, to me the scene with Ken Foree was awsome and just took Myers to a whole other level. Castle played Myers totaly different and did great as well but the films were totaly diffrent in the way they approached the kill scenes, I prefer the more violent raw style of Mane even though I like the Original movie better.

punkrocklove
09-03-2007, 04:20 AM
I'm not sure really.
He didnt have the eyes. I think he was far scarier unmasked (NO IM NOT CALLING HIM UGLY)
I didnt notice any head tilting either :(

onerichman
09-03-2007, 06:27 AM
I thought Tyler was ok, but Nick Castle is and always will be the best Michael Myers in my opinion.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-03-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure really.
He didnt have the eyes. I think he was far scarier unmasked (NO IM NOT CALLING HIM UGLY)
I didnt notice any head tilting either :(
I saw the head-tilt in Bob's death scene...just like the original. And I think I remember some more head-tilting, as well.

I thought Tyler was ok, but Nick Castle is and always will be the best Michael Myers in my opinion.
Amen to that. Castle (and, to their credit, the others who played Myers at various points in the film) really defined the role for all time, and no one else has managed to capture specifically the aura of The Shape in H1.

punkrocklove
09-03-2007, 08:57 AM
yeah i just realised there was head tilting
but, when, for example, Michael was standing in the road and the girls were throwing abuse at him that wasnt scary
when, however, they see him in the car in the original, it was creepy.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-03-2007, 09:09 AM
yeah i just realised there was head tilting
but, when, for example, Michael was standing in the road and the girls were throwing abuse at him that wasnt scary
when, however, they see him in the car in the original, it was creepy.
In the theatrical cut, those shots of him standing in the road are gone. You only see him lurking...you can't really tell that he's standing in the middle of the road...and you don't see his face, etc. It works better.

spacemountain8
09-03-2007, 09:21 AM
I loved him as Michael. My only complaint is that he reminded me a little too much of WWE superstar Kane(when he had hair)

mario040481
09-03-2007, 09:31 AM
I thought Tyler did a great job. He made the character extremely scary IMO. I try to imagine myself in the movie having no idea of what MM is supposed to be and if id seen this dude i would have most likely soiled myself as i ran away. if i ran into Nick Castles Shape my first impression wouldnt be to outright fear this guy, at least until the knives started. I also thought the look of the shape was great.

also first post, nice to be here

Rich
09-03-2007, 10:22 AM
I selected "ok - nothing special." The problem is he did not play Michael Myers, he played a combination of Leatherface and Jason Voorhees in a Michael Myers mask.

Myers-89
09-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I liked it.

The best part about it was when I saw Tyler Mane, I pictured him as the grown up version of Daeg. There was real continuity there in the character.

Yes, I absolutely agree about the character continuity.

I thought Tyler was the best Michael since Nick Castle. He was definitely the most physically intimidating version of Michael Myers, that's for sure.

MyersFan75
09-03-2007, 11:54 AM
The best since Nick Castle. And I'm not jumping on a bandwagon here.

It's hard for me to even believe it myself, seeing as though I didn't really enjoy the film that much.

wyatt s
09-03-2007, 11:59 AM
I selected "ok - nothing special." The problem is he did not play Michael Myers, he played a combination of Leatherface and Jason Voorhees in a Michael Myers mask.

I don't see the comparison at all. I really don't. Of course he was more violent and brutal, and possibly angry, than Michael has ever been but I don't think he ever comes close to doing things in a Leatherface or Jason manner. He's still cold and calculating and I think he generally comes across as more intelligent and thoughtfull, as well as more playful which is a big thing for me because Michael hasn't been playful in a long long time, than any of those characters have ever been. Just the way he did things

Like grabbing the 2X4 and bashing at the cieling

while not being something that those other characters wouldn't do in a million years, comes across as being more thought out or reasoned than it would have coming from them. That's the thing I liked about this Michael a lot, there's a sense of intellect about him. Honestly, even though there's incredible differences, I really feel like Tyler Mane's Michael has more in common with Nick Castle's than any of the other sequel Myers' do.

Silverpsycho
09-03-2007, 12:11 PM
I voted pretty good because Mane makes a good addition to the list of Myers men, but Castle and Warlock are still my favorites. My least fave is probably Wilbur for part 6, which is weird since I loved him in part 4.

RazorBlade101
09-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Actually George Wilbur is my favorite ... Then Tyler Mane ... Then Nick Castle.

WhiteZombie
09-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Tyler did an amazing job IMO. Him in castle played the role alot different, obviously. Tylers is without a doubt 2nd or 3rd best. He was ruthless, had down the movments, the walk, the stance, everything. Also, having one of the best costumes since the original helped.

LOOMIS 68
09-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I Give A Huge Thumbs Up To Tyler Mane-He Has A Fan-He Did An Incredible Job Playing Micheal Myers-the Best Since Nick Castle. He Gave It Meaning And Put His Own Stamp On It. Plus I Like The Fact That Mike Was Taller -it Made Him More Menacing!!!!

DEFINITELY A 10 WITH ME!!!!!

Dr_Loomis02
09-03-2007, 09:30 PM
I don't see the comparison at all. I really don't. Of course he was more violent and brutal, and possibly angry, than Michael has ever been but I don't think he ever comes close to doing things in a Leatherface or Jason manner. He's still cold and calculating and I think he generally comes across as more intelligent and thoughtfull, as well as more playful which is a big thing for me because Michael hasn't been playful in a long long time, than any of those characters have ever been. Just the way he did things

while not being something that those other characters wouldn't do in a million years, comes across as being more thought out or reasoned than it would have coming from them. That's the thing I liked about this Michael a lot, there's a sense of intellect about him. Honestly, even though there's incredible differences, I really feel like Tyler Mane's Michael has more in common with Nick Castle's than any of the other sequel Myers' do.

I totally agree. I keep reading about Leatherface and Texas Chainsaw and about these "similarities," and I think they're all ridiculous. Mane did play Myers alright, and he did the best job I've seen since the original.
Far better than any joker who has ever played Jason or Leatherface.

Frazetta
09-03-2007, 09:35 PM

while not being something that those other characters wouldn't do in a million years, comes across as being more thought out or reasoned than it would have coming from them. That's the thing I liked about this Michael a lot, there's a sense of intellect about him. Honestly, even though there's incredible differences, I really feel like Tyler Mane's Michael has more in common with Nick Castle's than any of the other sequel Myers' do. Agreed. Watch Myers during the breakout at Smith's Grove. He's 100% attentive to what is going on around him & he waits to pick his spot. That is not something that Jason or Leatherface would be capable of doing. He was also playful as you already stated in the scene where he holds the beer out for Lynda.

MacG
09-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Nick Castle is the best only because he originated how Myers walks. Tyler Mane was perfect. Of the sequels, Tyler Mane and Brad Loree are my favorites.

Dr_Loomis02
09-03-2007, 09:45 PM
There are plenty of other examples, but obviously they weren't watching very closely.

Halloweenfun
09-03-2007, 10:39 PM
First of all Tyler Mane did a good job of being The Shape, He is tall and makes Michael seem like a badass BUT......... come on people the movie SUCKED!!!!! I could not wait to see the movie and I was sooooo disappointed. I have been a Halloween fan since I was 8 years old when it came out in 1978 and have been waiting for a new Halloween since the last terrible Halloween 8, and this was no better. Personally I would rather watch that one than this one. I knew when I watched Devil's Rejects for the first time last month waiting on this Halloween to come out he was going to chop up a classic and he did. :han:
I mean do you really need all of the f-words and the G_D words to make a good movie??? NO NO NO.... and that does not belong in a Halloween movie. I was really ashamed when I took my kids to go and see this movie and they are in their teens. Yeah, they hear swearing all the time I'm sure but they know what kind of fan of Halloween I am and how much I was looking forward to this movie and It was awful... Zombie should stick to making his weird, foolish movies and not desicrate a classic like he did. I just want to say it wouldn't have been too terrible without the swearing and all the gore, we don't need that, thats not what scares people, suspense does and this movie was not at all suspensefull. It SUCKED...:vomit:

Halloweenfun
09-03-2007, 10:40 PM
If Anybody Feels The Same Way I Do, Let Me Know!

MikeyMyer$
09-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Tyler Mane is thee Best Myers hands down. Castle is 2nd. Mane just has this preasance. I'm more emotionally attached to the Michael Myers charachter nowmore than ever because of Tyler Mane. Guys excuse my spelling, been a long night out. Saw the movie 3 times already and I LOVE IT. I think it is a very close second of all the Halloweens. Mane was absolutley AWSOME!!!
The BEST Myers barnone. His bady language, His movements,His physical stance. He was SICKK.!!!:bow:

MikeyMyer$
09-04-2007, 12:20 AM
There are plenty of other examples, but obviously they weren't watching very closely.

I'm sorry I cant agree with you at all. How did the movie suck ??? It was awsome.I'm glad I dont feel the way you do. This is easily my my 2nd best of the series next to the original. Right now I kind of like it a little more than the original. Zombies portrayal of Myers just raised my love for him even more.
It was awsome.

Has Evil on 2 Legs reviewed this movie yet ??? I'm very curious about what he had to say. Thank you!!

4BarrelHemi
09-04-2007, 12:26 AM
I thought he did ok.

Dr_Loomis02
09-04-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm sorry I cant agree with you at all. How did the movie suck ??? It was awsome.I'm glad I dont feel the way you do. This is easily my my 2nd best of the series next to the original. Right now I kind of like it a little more than the original. Zombies portrayal of Myers just raised my love for him even more.
It was awsome.

Has Evil on 2 Legs reviewed this movie yet ??? I'm very curious about what he had to say. Thank you!!

I'm assuming you were responding to the other post since I loved Tyler Mane and the movie.

In regards to that post, yeah there was some language, but honestly the gore wasn't really that bad. There is blood but not gut spinning nasty.
Honestly, the killings were brutal in nature, which I liked, but gore related, hardly.
And the language, don't really see that being a problem.

The Good Doctor
09-04-2007, 12:58 AM
First of all Tyler Mane did a good job of being The Shape, He is tall and makes Michael seem like a badass BUT......... come on people the movie SUCKED!!!!! I could not wait to see the movie and I was sooooo disappointed. I have been a Halloween fan since I was 8 years old when it came out in 1978 and have been waiting for a new Halloween since the last terrible Halloween 8, and this was no better. Personally I would rather watch that one than this one. I knew when I watched Devil's Rejects for the first time last month waiting on this Halloween to come out he was going to chop up a classic and he did. :han:
I mean do you really need all of the f-words and the G_D words to make a good movie??? NO NO NO.... and that does not belong in a Halloween movie. I was really ashamed when I took my kids to go and see this movie and they are in their teens. Yeah, they hear swearing all the time I'm sure but they know what kind of fan of Halloween I am and how much I was looking forward to this movie and It was awful... Zombie should stick to making his weird, foolish movies and not desicrate a classic like he did. I just want to say it wouldn't have been too terrible without the swearing and all the gore, we don't need that, thats not what scares people, suspense does and this movie was not at all suspensefull. It SUCKED...:vomit:

I'll have to agree.

Dr_Loomis02
09-04-2007, 01:09 AM
It was awsome.

Oh yeah, and Evil on 2 legs has reviewing the movie, its in the official review thread at the top of the RZ forum. He gave it a good rating, but you'll have to read the review itself. Its quite detailed. What more could we expect from good evil?:han:

Dr_Loomis02
09-04-2007, 01:10 AM
I can't believe I just said "good evil" in a sentence. Only on this site...

zombie commando
09-04-2007, 05:09 AM
Mane is just fucking huge. I would not want his "shape" coming after me.

Ryan
09-04-2007, 05:29 AM
I thought Tyler Mane wasn't that bad; he certainly brought his own version of Myers to the table. This Michael Myers was his own - a very angry, violent Myers who wasn't going to take any shit. Nick Castle's portrayal was a little more calmer and more methodical. I don't really know if Tyler Mane was better than Nick Castle but he was defenetley different. Which I don't really have a problem with. He brought in a little extra to what would otherwise been a standard stunt man job.

zombie commando
09-04-2007, 05:32 AM
Different is a good thing. Everyone for the last 20 years has been imitating Nick Castle's walk and somehow fudging it (well, except for Mr. Warlock), it was time for something new. This new Myers is more aggressive, more in your face.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-04-2007, 07:22 AM
First of all Tyler Mane did a good job of being The Shape, He is tall and makes Michael seem like a badass.........
Since this is the only on-topic portion of your post, I'll quote it and agree with it, and ignore the rest.

Oh yeah, and Evil on 2 legs has reviewing the movie, its in the official review thread at the top of the RZ forum. He gave it a good rating, but you'll have to read the review itself. Its quite detailed. What more could we expect from good evil?:han:
I'm definitely good evil. :nodsmile:

Knockworstface
09-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Phenominal.

He's the best shape since the original in my opinion.

His size was crucial as well in order for him to pick up Bob against the wall and take a few slugs in the shoulder and still keep going. Those are the pro's. I loved the mask too.

I really think Tyler Mane & Daeg Faerch were a huge part of the movies pro's.

I agree 110%. Tyler Mane is the best Michael Myers and Daeg Faerth did a great job as little Mike.

mr32
09-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Tyler Mane was off the fucking chain, but nick will always be the best shape. But with Tyler right behind him.

Rich
09-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Kneeling down in front of Laurie to give her a photo = Jason kneeling done in front of Ginny thinking she was his mother in Friday 2...Michael does not do that.

Completely trashing the basement violently in persuit of his victim = Jason completely trashing the barn violently after the persuit of Chris in Friday 3...Michael is always calm and collected, he does not go into fury and rampage through places.

Michael stands at the end of the balcany and stairs at Laurie as she is going to shot him, out of nowhere he runs a her = the excact same scene in Friday - The Final Chapter when Jason stairs at Trish for a minute and then out of nowhere he darts at her and she is forced to jump out the window.

The actions that Tyler did were very much Jason Voorhees but way out of character for Michael Myers.

ragethorn
09-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Wrong.

The actions that Tyler did humanized Michael a bit more which is what this new Halloween is all about.

Showing Michaels soft side = Halloween 2, Halloween 5
Showing Michael go ape shit = Halloween 5, Halloween 6

Michael is a mental patient in this redux. He's a psychopath. There's nothing supernatural about him. Or at least, it seems there isn't. Michael is unstable. Here's a human that killed his older sister, stepfather, sister's bf, nurse, etc. He's unstable. Let him trash the room. It's realistic that way.

This Michael Myers and the original Michael Myers are completely different. One is subtle and the other is chaos.

Dr_Loomis02
09-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Wrong.

The actions that Tyler did humanized Michael a bit more which is what this new Halloween is all about.

Michael is a mental patient in this redux. He's a psychopath. There's nothing supernatural about him. Or at least, it seems there isn't. Michael is unstable. Here's a human that killed his older sister, stepfather, sister's bf, nurse, etc. He's unstable. Let him trash the room. It's realistic that way.

This Michael Myers and the original Michael Myers are completely different. One is subtle and the other is chaos.

I agree. Just because those things happen in F13, that doesn't mean Tyler Mane was like Jason in his movements, mannerisms and stride. I do not see a Jason-like character at all. Perhaps some Jason-like moments, but there's been 10 Jason films, that's to be expected from any stalker flick.

renee30152
09-04-2007, 10:45 AM
I think he did an awesome job. One of the better Michaels. Super creepy and very violent.

CBK
09-04-2007, 11:08 AM
I think that he did a great job, but he is no nick castle :D

krustytheklown
09-04-2007, 11:15 AM
He was ok I guess. I mean, it doesnt exactly take that much talent to play myers. They all pretty much are the same to me.

However I dont like the fact that they got a gigantic guy to play him (myers is supposed to be a normal sized man) or the freakishly long hair over his face. It made him look like cousin It.

it does take talent. george wilbur sucked as the shape, a pale imitation of castle, and the guy from part 5 was barely any better. i didnt care for mane as the institutionalized myers, but once the mask came on he really nailed it. and not just because hes 6'8. his movements were right on, aggressive but fluid. im thrilled hell come back for any sequels.:bow:

MyersFan75
09-04-2007, 12:46 PM
I always compare Myers to the original portrayal by Nick Castle. So with that being said, I'd rate the Shapes as...

1.) Nick Castle
2.) Tyler Mane
3.) Chris Durand
4.) Dick Warlock
5.) Brad Loree
6.) George Wilbur (H4)
7.) Don Shanks
8.) George Wilbur (H6)

mcilroga
09-04-2007, 12:47 PM
How did Halloween 2 show Michael's "softside"? He was certainly more brutal in that film than he was in the original, and refrain for stomping on my head for that comment.

Rich
09-04-2007, 02:57 PM
The actions that Tyler did humanized Michael a bit more which is what this new Halloween is all about

Then the new Halloween is...how did you put it?...WRONG!...because Michael is The Boogeyman...period.

How did Halloween 2 show Michael's "softside"?

I am assuming he meant the scene where Laurie calls his name and he stops for a moment, gives the head tilt, and looks at her before continuing persuit. I hardly call that a soft side though. Michael responded to his name. Big deal.

As far as Halloween 5, the crying scene just made him into a wuss plain and simple. Michael does not cry. Halloween 5 was...WRONG!

Michael did not go ape shit in Halloween 5. He stabbed the hell out of a casket and struggled under a steal net. That is hardly going ape shit.

He didn't go ape shit much in Halloween 6 either, besides the massacre of the thorn members at the end. That was the closest to going ape shit as Michael has ever been.

This Michael Myers and the original Michael Myers are completely different

I suppose you could look at it that way. I just prefer to quote you and say that Rob Zombie was...WRONG!

:bastard:

ten31
09-04-2007, 02:58 PM
I would take Brad Loree's Michael any day. Take him out of Resurrection and into any other Halloween and you've got the second best Michael.

Rich
09-04-2007, 03:18 PM
:bow: ten31

wyatt s
09-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Kneeling down in front of Laurie to give her a photo = Jason kneeling done in front of Ginny thinking she was his mother in Friday 2...Michael does not do that.

Completely trashing the basement violently in persuit of his victim = Jason completely trashing the barn violently after the persuit of Chris in Friday 3...Michael is always calm and collected, he does not go into fury and rampage through places.

Michael stands at the end of the balcany and stairs at Laurie as she is going to shot him, out of nowhere he runs a her = the excact same scene in Friday - The Final Chapter when Jason stairs at Trish for a minute and then out of nowhere he darts at her and she is forced to jump out the window.

The actions that Tyler did were very much Jason Voorhees but way out of character for Michael Myers.

Well, Michael had been looking for Laurie who was his sister for the whole movie it only seems natural that when he finally gets to her he would try to relate to her and be with her again. Thus the kneeling. Plus Michael has already done something in the same vain as that in the 5th installment of the series so it's not totally out of character.

Plus Michael has been pretty Violent in the past, just because his actions are more energetic and angry doesn't mean he's a Jason knock off. It's just a part of the characterization. As was the running, which you could say he did when coming down the stairs after Laurie, or when he bumrushed Bob in the original movie. None of these things are completely out of character.

The only real comparison I can see to Jason is that Michael is big and violent and dirty in this movie. Other than that I see this as closer to the way Michael was in the first movie than any of the other sequels.

RazorBlade101
09-04-2007, 04:18 PM

Well without Michael Myers in the first place ... Jason wouldnt exist ... How bout that? Jason is the exact same damn thing as Michael Myers, except he's more stupid and more over the top.

White Face
09-04-2007, 04:52 PM
* In 1978..... Nick Castle (Creator of Character, a plus)
* In 2007..... Tyler Mane . (Different and yet the same in many way,s!)

Love them All ! :bow:

Nick(White Face)

Sock
09-04-2007, 05:30 PM
I would not say that he was better than Nick Castle as I consider Castle to be the god of playing Michael Myers. I personally studied his movements and up until Rob Zombie's Halloween, I saw him as the only true Michael Myers. (Dick Warlock was amazing and I put him right up there with Nick Castle, but I just found Nick Castle to be slightly better, after all he was the one who originated the movements) I will say though that Tyler Mane is IMO just as good as Nick Castle.

Rich
09-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Well without Michael Myers in the first place ... Jason wouldnt exist ... How bout that? Jason is the exact same damn thing as Michael Myers, except he's more stupid and more over the top

Actually the original Jason and the original Michael Myers are absolutely nothing alike other then being slasher murderers. But, this Michael Myers is Jason Voorhees in disguise.

wyatt s
09-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Why? Why is he a Jason Voorhees rip off? None of the things Tyler does in this movie are completely out of the character for Myers. They maybe to an extent we had yet to see before this but there are examples of the things he's done to be seen if you look back at the series.

ragethorn
09-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Exactly. Jason is a pussy. Leave him out of this thread.

Dr_Loomis02
09-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah, people keeping comparing Mane to the other "shapes" also, which is fine. But I think he brought something special to the role that the others haven't, and that was due to being in this interpretation of Halloween. He was a different Michael Myers than we've seen before, more complex. And that brought some added bonuses IMO to the role, which we haven't seen in "the shape" before. But also, he has some great movements, mannerisms and the like that ring of Castle's shape. Again, definately the best Myers since Castle.

wyatt s
09-04-2007, 08:03 PM
See I can see a lot about Tyler that really does remind me of Castle even though his performance is very different. I think a lot of that comes from him being an actor instead of a stuntman. It really feels like he approach it as a real character with actual motivations.

Dr_Loomis02
09-04-2007, 08:10 PM
I find it truly laughable that anyone could say Chris Durand is better than Tyler Mane as the shape. Durand was the worst to date, his movements and mannerisms totally unlike the shape, plus he wasn't scary, at all!

wyatt s
09-04-2007, 08:14 PM
I actually do enjoy Durand's performance. He wasn't the best at playing at the character, probably 3rd or fourth behind Castle, Mane, Warlock, and possibly Wilbur. But he did a decent enough job. The way the character was filmed and looked was horrible in my opinion. I never felt like he was a real threat but I lay that on the bland direction. But as a performance Durand did well.

Dr_Loomis02
09-04-2007, 08:16 PM
I don't think so. Yeah, direction and script were big factors, but little things like his movements, getting hit with the rock, how he sits up, they looked akward and not scary. Those things were in his control, mostly, and that's where I give Mane credit. He looked great in all of his scenes. There wasn't once when I thought he looked wrong or akward with what he was doing as Myers.

wyatt s
09-04-2007, 08:24 PM
I will agree that Tyler really fit himself in the part. There was never a moment where I thought it was just some guy playing Myers.

Rich
09-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Why? Why is he a Jason Voorhees rip off?

I have already given three examples of such.

Exactly. Jason is a pussy. Leave him out of this thread

I normally don't lower myself to respond to posts like this, but I just can't resist. Anyone who calls themself a horror fan and says that is definitely this: :crazy:

I find it truly laughable that anyone could say Chris Durand is better than Tyler Mane as the shape

I don't like Chris Durand, but Tyler did not play "The Shape."

Dark Agent
09-04-2007, 11:58 PM
All I can say is... Growth Spurt, lol.

He did a pretty good job though.

ZomBrad
09-05-2007, 01:52 AM
I will agree that Tyler really fit himself in the part. There was never a moment where I thought it was just some guy playing Myers.

I agree! As much as I loved Warlock, and to an extent, Wilbur.......Mane IS Michael Myers (along with Castle of course).

But you know who's even more Michael Myers than all of them.........Daeg. He set up the character, who I envisioned under the mask during the second half of the movie.

From now on, I consider Mane, and Daeg the "Dynamic Duo" of Halloween.

.........on a side note, I liked Durand, lol. He moved, and walked really odd. He seemed like an eccentric Michael Myers.

MikeyMyer$
09-05-2007, 01:55 AM
The Jason comparisons are laughable. It's funny how the person making these comments has a Friday the 13th Avatar. Coincidence ? I think not.
Jason is a Zombie who has been to outer space and and a cruise ship to Manhattan. Michael is a stalking phsycopath who loves Haddonfield.

ZomBrad
09-05-2007, 01:57 AM
The Jason comparisons are laughable. It's funny how the person making these comments has a Friday the 13th Avatar. Coincidence ? I think not.
Jason is a Zombie who has been to outer space and and a cruise ship to Manhattan. Michael is a stalking phsycopath who loves Haddonfield.

Deformed sack-wearing Hermit Jason > Zombie Jason

wyatt s
09-05-2007, 07:33 AM
I have already given three examples of such.

And those three examples that you have given have been countered with examples of Michael's behavior through out the series. So, please answer me this, why does this Michael who has many things in common with previous incarnations of the character and even more in common with the original characterization of Michael does not qualify as anything more than a Jason Rip off?

You mention him Kneeling relating it to Jason in part 2, I present you the scene in Halloween 5 which is of a very similure tone.

You mention him running saying that Jason is the only one who has run in the past, I give you the two scenes in the original where Michael bumrushes Bob or when he pratically runs down the stairs after stabbing Laurie.

You mention him being violent and destroying the basement, I give you the scene in H20 where Michael starts violently flipping the tables in order to get to Laurie.

So please, give me something that really argues that this is Jason and not Michael.

zombie commando
09-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Where is it written that Myers has to be normal sized? The only reason Nick Castle got the part to play him is because of his weird walk. Copy that, add 200 plus pounds of pissed of pyschotic fury, and you've got a scarier Myers.

Rich
09-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I think some of you really need to go back and watch Halloween 1-8 (exclude 3 because Mike was not in it, though it is a good film) and watch Michael Myers. Then tell me that the "Michael Myers" in Rob's movie was characteristic of the character that has been established for the last thirty years.

Then watch Friday the 13th Parts 2-4, and tell me that the "Michael Myers" in Rob's movie did not act more like Jason then he did previous Michaels. Try to even tell me that with all due respect.

Frazetta
09-05-2007, 08:31 PM
I think some of you really need to go back and watch Halloween 1-8 (exclude 3 because Mike was not in it, though it is a good film) and watch Michael Myers. Then tell me that the "Michael Myers" in Rob's movie was characteristic of the character that has been established for the last thirty years.

Then watch Friday the 13th Parts 2-4, and tell me that the "Michael Myers" in Rob's movie did not act more like Jason then he did previous Michaels. Try to even tell me that with all due respect.
Watch Carpenter's Halloween & then watch the rest of the franchise & tell me they had the same characteristics as Nick Castle's Shape. Mane's Shape is as close to Castle's as any of those & better than all of them in my opinion other than Castle's.

I dont remember Jason ever taking the time to plan things out like in the Smith's Grove escape or the Ceiling scene.

Pug-a-Licious
09-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I thought he did a great job, and I really loved the fact he was so damn big!

wyatt s
09-05-2007, 08:34 PM

I obviously don't have to go back and watch them to continue the debate as I obviously was able to use the films themselves to back up my opinion up to and I'm sure beyond this point. It's not as though I'm making examples up out of whole cloth here. I'm providing you with clear examples from the series, and not simply telling you "no you're wrong he has nothing to do with Jason!" I'm backing myself with actual evidence here. Are there similarities this Michael has with Jason? Sure, but no more so than Michael has always had.

Dr_Loomis02
09-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I obviously don't have to go back and watch them to continue the debate as I obviously was able to use the films themselves to back up my opinion up to and I'm sure beyond this point. It's not as though I'm making examples up out of whole cloth here. I'm providing you with clear examples from the series, and not simply telling you "no you're wrong he has nothing to do with Jason!" I'm backing myself with actual evidence here. Are there similarities this Michael has with Jason? Sure, but no more so than Michael has always had.

Exactly. And an added bonus was that Tyler Mane was more Castle like in many of his movements, mannerisms and acting than any of the previous shapes.
Any stalker character could be compared to Jason because Jason has done and killed people in about every way imaginable.

ten31
09-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Where is it written that Myers has to be normal sized? The only reason Nick Castle got the part to play him is because of his weird walk. Copy that, add 200 plus pounds of pissed of pyschotic fury, and you've got a scarier Myers.

I wouldn't say scarier. Bigger yes.

Todd
09-07-2007, 06:02 PM
The only time I even thought about Manes height was when he was being led down the hall by the guards at Smiths Grove. I don't see how him being so tall was a hinderance at all. I thought he was the second or third best Michael, behind Nick Castle for sure and possibly Brad Loree.

Cotton Weary
09-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I thought Tyler did outstanding, the way he played the shape was downright vicious and scary. Probably the best shape since Nick Castle, imo.

Peter_
09-07-2007, 10:39 PM
If Anybody Feels The Same Way I Do, Let Me Know!

Amen, brother! haha

This movie was a complete piece of shit. Literally EVERYONE leaving the theater afterwords was talking about how "shitty" and lame the movie was.

Sorry - The movie was HORRIBLE! I was beyond dissapointed. That is saying a lot because I LOVED the franchise for years and years.

There was NO suspense and the "shape" is reduced to the cliche' oversized orge movie monster ala Leatherface and Jason. Not to mention, it was a horrible script and extremely green and distasteful. Horrible film.

Rob Zombies Halloween? :drool: :drool: :drool: :crazy:

Cereal Killer
09-08-2007, 01:47 AM
I thought pretty good, but I wasn't impressed. I thought he moved with a Castle like finness through scenes, but he was too fucking tall for Keerist's sake. Oye. You could tell Myers as a kid would be lucky to break 5' 9', and here we have this 6' 6" beast. What do they feed at the forensic psych place, anabolic Wheaties?

I thought he looked good overall, walked and moved fluidly (Castle style), but he was too massive up close. Especially them hospital shots... whew.

Fiberawptic
09-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Amen, brother! haha

This movie was a complete piece of shit. Literally EVERYONE leaving the theater afterwords was talking about how "shitty" and lame the movie was.

Sorry - The movie was HORRIBLE! I was beyond dissapointed. That is saying a lot because I LOVED the franchise for years and years.

There was NO suspense and the "shape" is reduced to the cliche' oversized orge movie monster ala Leatherface and Jason. Not to mention, it was a horrible script and extremely green and distasteful. Horrible film.

Rob Zombies Halloween? :drool: :drool: :drool: :crazy:

The only thing people like you can say is "dURRR, dis movay, a peice of crap, nurfff... Not wrike the original." You haven't given specific reasons for why it was " a piece of crap" you just say it. This movie had some down sides but compared to lots of h sequels and knowing RZ wanted to make this movie different from the original, this movie was good and enjoyable. Thanks you come again :han:

MrShape666
09-08-2007, 12:46 PM
I didn't like his hairstyle. He looked too much like a giant version of Rob Zombie himself. Also made me think of that huge giant moron from Bakshi's Fire And Ice.

renee30152
09-08-2007, 12:50 PM
I thought he was awesome and quite scary. His size alone makes him scary and then you factor in the other things and he was a good choice.

Patrick1679
09-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Tyler Mane was great. I have him right behind Nick Castle and Dick Warlock.:bow:

But here's what he does to the other Myers....:horsie:

mike32
09-08-2007, 06:35 PM
He did a great job but there will never be another Nick Castle. He moved well, and was really violent. In many ways he was a blend of several actors that have protrayed Myers.

wyatt s
09-08-2007, 07:45 PM
He did a great job but there will never be another Nick Castle. He moved well, and was really violent. In many ways he was a blend of several actors that have protrayed Myers.

I thought about that today actually. He really is a strange sort of mixture of the various actors to play the character. Though I think he still reminds most of Castle.

XxMyErSGuY91xX
09-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Mane was sooooo Badass as the Shape, far better than Nick Castle IMO.

jigsaw_dude
09-09-2007, 10:03 AM
FAR better than Nick Castle? What's this guy been smoking :crazy:

Khan
09-09-2007, 10:04 AM
I think we have caught a real live fanboy! :bastard:

Myers Insurance
09-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Let me put it this way: You'd have a better chance surviving against Nick Castle than you would Tyler Mane.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Let me put it this way: You'd have a better chance surviving against Nick Castle than you would Tyler Mane.
Well, unless you're Annie. :p

Though Myers obviously could have killed her pretty easily.

Myers Insurance
09-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Michael has ESP and knew that Laurie and Lindsey would be coming any minute which is why he didn't kill Annie when he had the chance too.

Or he enjoyed the view.

The Dark Shape
09-09-2007, 12:11 PM

One of them can't die, and it's not Mane. I like my chances better against the big guy.

MyersFan927
09-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Pretty good - was impressed

I like my chances against Mane better, too. And yeah...Mane wasn't The Shape. He was Michael Myers.

ALDO
09-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Tyler was great, but he was definitely Michael Myers and NOT The Shape.

If you can't see the difference, then you really missed the point of the original '78 film.

He stopped being The Shape and became Michael Myers in H2, when they gave him a motive.

While i can't comment on Tyler Mane's performance as i have yet to see it i totally agree that there is a difference between The Shape and Michael Myers.

HannibalBEATNGU
09-09-2007, 02:58 PM
I think he was good as Thomas Hewitt/Jason Voorhees hybrid, as Michael, not so much.

HannibalBEATNGU
09-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Watch Carpenter's Halloween & then watch the rest of the franchise & tell me they had the same characteristics as Nick Castle's Shape. Mane's Shape is as close to Castle's as any of those & better than all of them in my opinion other than Castle's.

I dont remember Jason ever taking the time to plan things out like in the Smith's Grove escape or the Ceiling scene.

At the beginning of Jason X he replaces someone that was supposed to be watching over him under the sheet that he was supposed to be under so he could sneak up behind the rest of the group and wipe them out when they got there.

I don't think Michael is any more cerebral here than Jason was.

Patrick1679
09-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Jason had no brains.:nono:

He lost them after The Final Chapter.

samhain51
09-09-2007, 03:08 PM
This michael was very intense , he ranks up there with Nick Castle and George Wilbur for me! I love the scene in the new Halloween where hes standing behind Lindsay in the Living room . Wow imagine if that was you watching tv Id shit my pants!

Patrick1679
09-09-2007, 03:09 PM
This michael was very intense , he ranks up there with Nick Castle and George Wilbur for me! I love the scene in the new Halloween where hes standing behind Lindsay in the Living room . Wow imagine if that was you watching tv Id shit my pants!

My favorite scene in the whole movie!:rock:

HannibalBEATNGU
09-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Jason had no brains.:nono:

He lost them after The Final Chapter.

Like I said, I didn't find Michael any more cerebral here, and Jason was never intelligent, it would defeat the purpose of his character if he were. That didn't start after TFC.

Sure, Michael does a little sneaking around and lurking in the background here and there, but just about every slasher has done that. For the most part he was just a big uber strong brute.

I think Halloween 6 was a better combination of a powerhouse Michael and a cerebral one than RZH was.

Patrick1679
09-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Like I said, I didn't find Michael any more cerebral here, and Jason was never intelligent, it would defeat the purpose of his character if he were. That didn't start after TFC.

Sure, Michael does a little sneaking around and lurking in the background here and there, but just about every slasher has done that. For the most part he was just a big uber strong brute.

I think Halloween 6 was a better combination of a powerhouse Michael and a cerebral one than RZH was.

I agree.

I love the first 4 Fridays. Those are the only ones I own. My favorite is Part 3.

Both Michael and Jason were great in their prime. To me Michael Myers is H1 & H2. After that it became embarrassing.

No horror villain can touch Michael in H1 & H2. That's when he WAS scary. :mike:

Patrick1679
09-09-2007, 03:23 PM
That's why I enjoyed this Halloween. Tyler played Michael the best since the original 2. The mask was solid as well.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Tyler was great, but he was definitely Michael Myers and NOT The Shape.

If you can't see the difference, then you really missed the point of the original '78 film.

He stopped being The Shape and became Michael Myers in H2, when they gave him a motive.
dingdingdingdingding!!!!!!!

We have a winner, folks!

I think he was good as Thomas Hewitt/Jason Voorhees hybrid, as Michael, not so much.
If "Thomas Hewitt" can be considered Leatherface...as he generally is...why would anyone dismiss Mane's performance as Myers? After all, Hewitt and the original Leatherface have almost nothing in common. Mane's Myers has more in common with Castle's than the new Leatherface has with Gunnar Hansen's, easily.

scoob
09-09-2007, 09:11 PM
I didnt think Michael did anything particularly outlandish then he did in the original. I think he was the best Myers since the original - but no one can top that.

Myersnena
09-12-2007, 12:18 PM
I thought Tyler was pretty good as Myers. Of course Nick Castle will always be #1 but Tyler is up there with Warlock and Wilbur(i dug him as Michael in H4) in my opinion.

IF they do make a sequel i hope Tyler does come back as Myers.

TheShape66
09-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I thought Tyler did great as Michael. He really brought out the viciousness and brutallity of Michael and it worked well. Still, didn't put him above Nick's performance in the original

Shane
09-12-2007, 12:42 PM
I too think he was the best since the original.
He did a phenominal job.

Dr_Loomis02
09-12-2007, 01:08 PM
If "Thomas Hewitt" can be considered Leatherface...as he generally is...why would anyone dismiss Mane's performance as Myers? After all, Hewitt and the original Leatherface have almost nothing in common. Mane's Myers has more in common with Castle's than the new Leatherface has with Gunnar Hansen's, easily.

Couldn't have said it better.

Knockworstface
09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Tyler Mane did a great job as Michael Myers. He's 6'8, not 6'10.

Khan
09-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Castle and Warlock will always be my top two.

slasherama
09-12-2007, 03:05 PM
i thought tyler was great. it was an interesting take on the character. i like the fact that he wasnt "the shape". i thought it worked well that we know who he is and what he's going through. one of the best portrayals yet. nick is still the man like everyone seems to be saying

plokoon11
09-19-2007, 05:11 PM
I hated how Myers was super super giantic and tall, in the scene where he stalks Annie and Laurie, he looks like a sky scraper compared to those houses, and made me think, how the HELL didn't they see him earlier.

Hallow's Eve
09-20-2007, 07:08 AM
I thought Tyler Mane was the best Michael since Part 2. He was mean and pissed off and very dangerous. Viscous actually. It was cool to see Michael be bad ass and scary again. The mask was killer. I think the best thing about this movie is Michael. I can't complain at all. Thumbs up!:mike:

TheShape 10/31
09-20-2007, 07:20 AM
My problem is this...in Zombie's version of Halloween, young Michael is this kid who is a lil chubby and gets committed. How in the world was he able to get that buff when he wasn't allowed to go outside? Obviously he wasn't in the gym and pushups aren't going to do all that....he isn't on steriods like Barry Bonds....so how he is Mr. Fitness???

The orginal Michael Myers of Nick Castle is at least believable to me. Now how our boy The Shape can take bullets to the chest and not die is another story all together...:D

ghettomyers
09-20-2007, 08:04 AM
tyler is my fav at of all of them but wat made me laugh is dat i was watchin Troy the other day and when tyler walked to Brad Pitt ion the movie Tyler was swagin his booty and i thought hmm i wonder if he walked like dat in halloween and i watched the workprint lol and the part where he kills mason strode he did the booty swager and im still laughin at the shit

NickSacco
09-20-2007, 10:09 AM
I liked him and yet didnt like his performance at the same time, some reason i didnt get the same feeling of michael as i did in the original...I wish he had done the whole sit up part, where in the first one right after the closet scene he just sits straight up...i dk i guess that always stuck to mind when thinking of that and noticing how he got up in the new one..also when he breaks threw tommy doyles house it looks like he ripped that off krammer from seinfeld... lol

zombie commando
09-20-2007, 10:32 AM
I hated how Myers was super super giantic and tall, in the scene where he stalks Annie and Laurie, he looks like a sky scraper compared to those houses, and made me think, how the HELL didn't they see him earlier.

They did. They even taunt him a bit.

LoriStrode07
09-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Tyler gave me the impression of what Michael should have looked like IMO. He was perfect. I loved the way he broke down walls and just attacked like a monster.

WhiteZombie
09-27-2007, 03:48 AM
My problem is this...in Zombie's version of Halloween, young Michael is this kid who is a lil chubby and gets committed. How in the world was he able to get that buff when he wasn't allowed to go outside? Obviously he wasn't in the gym and pushups aren't going to do all that....he isn't on steriods like Barry Bonds....so how he is Mr. Fitness???

The orginal Michael Myers of Nick Castle is at least believable to me. Now how our boy The Shape can take bullets to the chest and not die is another story all together...:D

How did Dr.Loomis survive an explosion in Halloween 2? Shit happends in movies.

samhain51
09-27-2007, 04:04 AM
Tyler did a fine job ! The one part that got me is when he was behind little Lindsay while they were watching TV Scary!!!

Mr. Bruce
09-27-2007, 11:26 AM
I thought he did OK but I would of liked the guy from HalloweeN 8 to do it. Tyler was just too damn tall he's 6.8 that's too tall for someone playing the role of myers IMO.

MikeyMyer$
09-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Tyler was Awsome! The best Myers since the original.

LoriStrode07
09-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah that was crazy.
Tyler did a fine job ! The one part that got me is when he was behind little Lindsay while they were watching TV Scary!!!

wyatt s
09-27-2007, 10:37 PM
I thought he did OK but I would of liked the guy from HalloweeN 8 to do it. Tyler was just too damn tall he's 6.8 that's too tall for someone playing the role of myers IMO.

Well as this is a remake and not actually a sequel the Myers role is not subject to the constraints of the rest of the series, so for me the height issue is nonexistent. Mainly because it doesn't have to match with any sort of continuity of the character. Had it been a sequel I would have been inclined to agree with your complaint. Plus, for me, I was only ever conciously aware of the height when adult Michael first shows up. By the time the Haddonfield stuff starts it just is what it is and I don't have to think about it at all.

Captain Mal
09-28-2007, 06:07 PM
You know, the way MM was humanised in this movie took some of the terror away, for me. Thankfully, Tyler Mane just kicked ass as Michael. He really commanded the screen while he was on it and I have nothing but praise for the lad. Very intimidating. Well done Tyler.

*wanted*
09-30-2007, 01:58 PM
at the begining i was like what the fkkkk? they way he was walking slumped over i was like crap i hope hes not like that the whole film it will realy take away the essence of "the shape"...then he kinda livend himself up abit when he escaped....but maybe abit too much? he was abit to quick moving to be honist.....
the thing i like about micheal is u can run from him....and this guy...was too quick for me haha...and seemd alot stronger than he should...
his size stunned me...
i think they should have gone for a guy more clocer to the original size of nick...

WhiteZombie
09-30-2007, 07:51 PM
at the begining i was like what the fkkkk? they way he was walking slumped over i was like crap i hope hes not like that the whole film it will realy take away the essence of "the shape"...then he kinda livend himself up abit when he escaped....but maybe abit too much? he was abit to quick moving to be honist.....
the thing i like about micheal is u can run from him....and this guy...was too quick for me haha...and seemd alot stronger than he should...
his size stunned me...
i think they should have gone for a guy more clocer to the original size of nick...

Its cool that you cant run from him though. Hes scary as hell.

*wanted*
10-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Its cool that you cant run from him though. Hes scary as hell.

he just didnt feel like micheal at all to me...
micheal is the only serial killer i never want to die...but at the end of this film when he was kneeling down with lorie i just wanted her to grab the knife and get free....

kooshdidude
10-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I thought he was good, and i like the size of Myers in this, which i was a little worried about when he was first announced to play the part. I thought he did a good job, but he didnt really do anything to set him aside from the rest.

halo thirty one
10-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Well as this is a remake and not actually a sequel the Myers role is not subject to the constraints of the rest of the series, so for me the height issue is nonexistent. Mainly because it doesn't have to match with any sort of continuity of the character. Had it been a sequel I would have been inclined to agree with your complaint. Plus, for me, I was only ever conciously aware of the height when adult Michael first shows up. By the time the Haddonfield stuff starts it just is what it is and I don't have to think about it at all.
Isn't it funny that people complain about Michael's height in this movie when, like you mentioned, it's a remake/fresh start and he doesn't have to match any particular body type. Rob Zombie could have had someone short and chubby play him if he wanted to. But would Newman from Seinfeld be scary? Probably not. Yet, at the same time, people praise Dick Warlock in H2. He is supposed to remind the viewer exactly of the character that was established in part 1. And to me, he doesn't. Size wise he is obviously shorter and stockier and looks nothing like Nick Castle in costume. Maybe it's because I'm aware that he had lifts in his shoes, but the height difference seems to stick out like a sore thumb. Yet here is Tyler Mane trying to make the character his own and all people can do is complain because he's too much like Leatherface or not enough like Don Shanks. It's silly, like there is some sort of snobby slasher killer hierarchy. After 40 or so slasher flicks, these guys are bound to resemble each other in one way or another. Whether it's intentional or not.

Personally I liked Tyler Mane and I think for this movie his size worked in his favor. Someone that size is pretty intimidating by himself, throw in the mask and knife and I'm sure I'd be freaked out. His size doesn't bother me and he didn't do anything, as far as body movements go, for me to have anything to complain about. Obviously Nick Castle is going to be the one everyone else is compared to and he deserves that honor. He's still the best. Tyler Mane did a nice job and ranks up there with the better Michael Myers performances.

slasher2040
10-02-2007, 05:45 PM
i didn't see the new one yet, but Tyler looks like he could be a good Michael Myers.

October Saint
10-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Tyler was amazing as the shape. His size was intimidating ever with out the mask. And the way he attacked!! OMG!! Like a great white shark, not seattling until he got what he came for

ThornMember83
10-06-2007, 10:36 AM
I think he did a very good job, he brought his own style to the table which is something else all of the other actors who played Myers did as well.

Cereal Killer
11-21-2007, 02:08 AM
Very good, but a little too tall IMO. Didn't fit the little Mike's stature. You can generally tell when someone is going to be way over 6'.

Hallow's Eve
11-30-2007, 11:12 AM
At first I thought his size might take away from the character, but it made him look really intimidating. Like Rob Zombie said, it's more believable when a guy that size can do the things he does.

It's Neal
11-30-2007, 12:59 PM
I voted Myers Master- Tied with castle. He was menacing and larger than life....but not too huge like Jason in the later years....still believable

Patrick1679
11-30-2007, 02:55 PM
I thought Mane was excellent. He was much better than any of the other Myers after H2. No comparison.

But I still would have preferred the "original" mask without the rotted look. He would have been much more scarier I think. But that's not Mane's fault. He did great.

Laurie Strode
11-30-2007, 03:34 PM
I thought he did kinda poor. Not horrible, but poor. IMO he walked too fast, and didn't seem Myers-like.

Patrick1679
11-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Maybe. But I liked his "mannerisms." The best since H2. All the other Myers appeared either too stiff, old or in H20, just down right embarrassing. If I was Durand I would be hiding under a chair!

LoriStrode07
12-07-2007, 10:33 PM
When I saw the first pics of the movie I was like cool he is huge. I liked his speed though, he was like a quarter back taking people down. :horns:
I thought he was good, and i like the size of Myers in this, which i was a little worried about when he was first announced to play the part. I thought he did a good job, but he didnt really do anything to set him aside from the rest.

Unknown-Horror
12-17-2007, 03:29 PM
I dont think he should have been grunting at the ending. Killers are quiet, well except for freddy who never seems to shut up :laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3FWpwhjgO4

horrorfreak123
12-17-2007, 05:01 PM
I think he did great, so maybe he is not as great as the original but he surely did a great job returning the shape.

Eric616
12-17-2007, 05:17 PM
I dont think he should have been grunting at the ending. Killers are quiet, well except for freddy who never seems to shut up :laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3FWpwhjgO4
He's not actually doing the grunting, it's dubbed in.

1978 COLLECTOR
12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
When I say Tyler's acting as the Shape, one thing poped in my mind, HALLOWEEN 2!!!!!!!!!!

slasher
12-18-2007, 07:52 PM
I think Tyler did a pretty good job as the Shape. Now would I compare him to Nick Castles version as the Shape? Nope! But I think he did a good job. But jesus did he make Michael look tall! lol

JOeKER
12-18-2007, 07:55 PM
I think Tyler did a terrific job as The Shape. It's true what Zombie says about him in the documentary... he definitely brought emotions to the mask. I love his performance and his height is an added benefit.

BONES
12-25-2007, 01:20 AM
I think he did a great job he realy brought alot to Michael

tama_drummer91
12-25-2007, 01:29 AM
Mane made me sense that he was truly determined to find Laurie and then kill her at the end. All the others to play Michael, even Warlock my favorite, didnt really make me feel like they were THAT determined. Even without him speaking I could really feel that type of rage. Pretty cool actually.

ukfootball1979
01-05-2008, 08:14 AM
:nodsmile: Think he was AWESOME!!! I like the fact that he gave The Shape life. So many of the previous actors/stuntmen simply walked...like they were dopped up on loratabs..I like the way he gave The Shape feelings and you could see and feel them even though there was no face to put them with.

GREAT JOB!!!

Khan
01-05-2008, 08:18 AM
He doesn't compare to Nick Castle.

Kinick
01-05-2008, 08:26 AM
:nodsmile: Think he was AWESOME!!! I like the fact that he gave The Shape life. So many of the previous actors/stuntmen simply walked...like they were dopped up on loratabs..I like the way he gave The Shape feelings and you could see and feel them even though there was no face to put them with.

GREAT JOB!!!

Haha, that's the complete opposite of what The Shape was and should be. A sterling example of how different The Shape is from the character of Michael Myers.

FooFighters
01-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I said a Myers Master. I thought he was pretty freakin' awesome!

The Frightmaster
01-05-2008, 10:36 AM

GREAT JOB!!!

I thought that Tyler was a good Michael Myers, but like ukfootbal1979 said he gave the shape feelings and that's not the shape. So Tyler was a good Michael but he wasn't the shape. Because The shape is a evil emotionless figure.

coryorton
01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
He did nothing new or exciting and didn't stand out in the way he was supposed to (only stood out in terms of height which made made it too ridiculous for me personally).

I could just be too keen on Warlock & Wilbur, I guess.

The-Boogeyman
01-15-2008, 03:50 PM
What do you think of tyler mane being the shape?

P.S put aside your judgement of the movie as a whole and just look at Manes performace to judge him as the shape. Remember, it wasn't Tylers fault the movie didnt turn out the way you wanted it, IF YOU WERE DISSAPOINTED.

I thought he was excellent. He made Michael one bad ass which i hadnt seen since the second halloween. hes different then castle and castle set the stage for the rest of the Myers' in the sequels so they are both genius' in their own, equel ways.

I agree.

I loved Tyler Mane's performance. I enjoyed it even though it was more human than Michael usually is.

MaDMaNMaRz
01-15-2008, 04:12 PM
I thought Tyler Mane did alright as Myers.

I still MUCH prefer Nick Castle and Dick Warlock.

Danny Strode
01-15-2008, 04:14 PM
I thought he did a great job.

onerichman
01-16-2008, 04:50 AM
He doesn't compare to Nick Castle.

You got that right.

Roswell
01-16-2008, 10:19 AM
You got that right.

Then again, nobody has or ever will be better than Castle in the original Halloween. A lot of people will always look at him as the best because he originated the role, and not necessarily because he was the best (although I do think he was).

You could get an actor who moves better than Nick Castle, and some people would rave about that performance, but more would probably say "Yeah, but he's not as good as Nick Castle".

My point? Sometimes it's best not to compare something to something else that you know can't be beat.

Severed
01-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Then again, nobody has or ever will be better than Castle in the original Halloween. A lot of people will always look at him as the best because he originated the role, and not necessarily because he was the best (although I do think he was).

You could get an actor who moves better than Nick Castle, and some people would rave about that performance, but more would probably say "Yeah, but he's not as good as Nick Castle".

My point? Sometimes it's best not to compare something to something else that you know can't be beat.

I agree with you %100. Really it's better not to compare Halloween '07 with Halloween '78. They are two completely different films. It’s apples and oranges really. Tyler Mane's shape works for Zombie's film, but would look completely out of place in Carpenter’s. Same goes for Nick Castle.

Khan
01-16-2008, 04:02 PM
You can compare them as separate slasher films, in which case the original wins.

myers5fan
01-16-2008, 10:01 PM
I preferred Nick Castle. Tyler has a lot of work to do before he will even come close...

Severed
01-17-2008, 06:35 AM
You can compare them as separate slasher films, in which case the original wins.

Again, that's an unfair comparison. Halloween beats any slasher film.

NYCKing87
01-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Tyler was okay. Like others have said, he was a bit too fast moving and too big. He did a good job though.

MyersFan28
01-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Since this is a roboot in the franchsie,I can't judge Tyler next to Nick. Nick Castle was the best in the past franchise. And Tyler is the best in this new franchise. (Come on you know they are going to make sequels.After Rob's Halloween,one way or another.)

It's 30 years later since the original,and times have change. Back in the 70's skinny average size men. Could be imposing and dangerous in horror movies. Now you've gotta have a large buff man.In order to freak people out in this genre.

I loved how Tyler didn't try to follow the old franchise. Early on the slow walking to me.Was a small way of paying respect to the classic. But soon after his actions turn quick and fast. To me his quick movements,and breaking through objects. Reflected his inner rage and showed how imposing he was.
I would love to see Tyler return as Michael Myers in the future.

The Frightmaster
01-20-2008, 11:38 AM
It's 30 years later since the original,and times have change. Back in the 70's skinny average size men. Could be imposing and dangerous in horror movies. Now you've gotta have a large buff man.In order to freak people out in this genre.

I disagree. I don't think it matters the size of the 'killer' it's all about his/her presence. As long as the killer has a scary presence it doesn't matter the size. I mean look at Dick Warlock he's like 5'8(just guessing) and he still made Michael seem really scary/creepy. And I never knew or could tell he was that short until I watched H25. And Tyler wasn't really that buff he was just really tall. I mean it comes to a point when the killer is so tall like Jason in FvsJ where you go why did they use this ridiculously tall guy! So the bottom line is it doesn't matter the height or size of the killer as long as he as a scary presence. That's one of the reasons people love Nick Castle because he a certain presence.

MyersFan28
01-20-2008, 11:50 AM
What if the adult Michael was a midget? Would he still be imposing & scary,or would people just laugh at him?

The Frightmaster
01-20-2008, 12:05 PM
What if the adult Michael was a midget? Would he still be imposing & scary,

Well obviously not. But when I was sharing my opinion I was talking along the lines of Michael being just as scary as a average size guy. Maybe I should of been more specific. But if Michael was 7'2 it would make him any scarier than if he was 6'2.

scion05
01-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Second, only to Wilbur :)

MyersFan28
01-20-2008, 01:02 PM
A midget Myers wouldn't be scary,but it would be funny. Imagine a dwarf Myers & Chucky,fighting it out with 2x4.

renee30152
01-20-2008, 03:15 PM
I think he was really good and scary. I am glad he was picked for the role.

Mikeyroxx
01-20-2008, 03:24 PM
he was pretty good but not the best

LoriStrode07
01-22-2008, 08:15 AM
I think Zombie chose Tyler Mane because Michael needed an update. All the other boogeymen evolved and Michael stayed the same.

MrDVDCollection
02-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Tyler Mane is a badass!! Imagine if him and Ken Kirzinger went at it if there was a Michael vs. Jason...

samhain51
02-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I like Ty as Michael a lot he put his heart and soul into it I am glad they got an actor and not just a stunt man . Even though George Wilbur is my favorite!

Khan
02-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Tyler Mane is a badass!! Imagine if him and Ken Kirzinger went at it if there was a Michael vs. Jason...

Rights issues.

I like Ty as Michael a lot he put his heart and soul into it I am glad they got an actor and not just a stunt man . Even though George Wilbur is my favorite!

Wow, so Castle and Warlock were "just" stunt guys and didn't do a good job?

BrianG
09-04-2008, 03:35 PM
IMO Tyler did an outstanding job. Times have changed and the Shape moves as differently as the movie moves differently. It's not the same.....it's not suppose to be......it never will be the same again. Let's all move on....get current....accept change.
Well said: I think he was outstanding as well....His size made him very scary and intimidating. :bow:

pumpkin king
09-04-2008, 03:37 PM
I thought Tyler did a great job. And I thought Michael looked better in RZ's Halloween than H20 or Resurrection.

spindrift68
09-04-2008, 03:40 PM
I think Tyler Mane's Michael is my favorite Michael Myers. Followed closely by Nick Castle.

Laurie2007
09-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I thought Tyler did a great job. And I thought Michael looked better in RZ's Halloween than H20 or Resurrection.

for sure...he was fricken....fricken!

Torgo
09-04-2008, 05:41 PM
I think he did a fine job. The best Myers since H1 and H2.

Danny Strode
09-04-2008, 06:00 PM
I didn't mind him at all. He wasn't my favorite, but he was a good Myers. I didn't mind that he was tall, so sometimes I wonder what people bitch about.

DanielleRocks
09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
I loved how brutal he was. I was happy he didn't talk though. It would have made him more human.

sharkboy
09-28-2008, 04:19 PM
i liked him, and one thing is for sure, busta is lucky he didnt have to use his chop-socky on Mane...lol...he woulda' pulled his arms out of his sockets

SlasherBoi
09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
I thought he was awesome just not as good as Nick Castle

Masked Murderer
09-29-2008, 03:55 PM
As great as Nick Castle was as the Shape, think about this:

Nick wasn't an actor or a stuntman. He was a friend of John who was at the right place at the right time. Based on how the story of John just saying "if you're gonna visit the set, we need to give you something to do" goes, that initial performance could've gone to ANYONE in the viscinity, from the sound of it.

True Castle thought up that PERFECT character moment of Myers looking at Bob's pinned corpse while tilting his head from side to side...but his motivation in the majority the film was quite literally "walk from point A to point B." And that was it...

For a mute and emotionless character, I felt Tyler put a bit more into his portrayal of the Shape. As an actor, he brought his brutality and physicality in spades...but there's something almost untangible there.

I can't put my finger on it, but there's a definate sense of pathos in Tyler...given the fact that unlike Castle, who was just doing a favor for Carpenter while unknowingly creating an iconic character, Tyler embodied the iconicism and mystique and understood how much Myers ment to the fans.

But I suppose you can say that at the time of production, neither John or Nick had any idea of the impact Michael would have...where on the other hand, Tyler had 29 years of expectation and impression bestowed on him.

M M

Khan
09-29-2008, 04:02 PM
That favour he did for Carpenter made Michael an icon as you indicated, which means he must had some skill when he did his job.

That said, a Myers is generally only as good as the material he has to work with.

Masked Murderer
09-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Well I'm not sure how much skill it takes to walk...but obviously that intangible aspect Tyler had...Nick had as well.

It's really just the stuntmen in between the two that fell short.

M M

Khan
09-29-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't have a problem with Tyler himself, just the material he was given to work with.

Masked Murderer
09-29-2008, 04:25 PM
You're referring to his actions?

M M

Khan
09-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Let me put it this way:

Brad Loree is a good guy, and given better material, would have been a very good Myers.

However, Resurrection sucked and Myers was turned into a mockery, but it isn't Loree's fault.

I did not enjoy the remake or what they did with Michael, but I don't hold it against him.

Danny Strode
09-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Loree's performance as Michael was honestly the only thing I liked about Resurrection.

Masked Murderer
09-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Okay, I can understand that.

M M

Laurie2007
09-29-2008, 04:41 PM
loree was really good...i will give him that

BigMyersfan
10-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Nick Castle did a better job than Tyler Mane, but i have to say Mane did an excellent Job!

Pandaz
10-19-2008, 04:43 PM
I think that Tyler was the second best Michael Myers. I wasn't too fond of the paper-mâché masks, but once he escaped from Smith's Grove and got the mask and coveralls, I thought he did very well.

The Frightmaster
10-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Like Panzy, I think Mane is the 2nd best Myers. His portrayal as Michael was something different and new. Myers in RZH was a real badass. :nodsmile:

theshape09
10-20-2008, 09:25 AM
i think he was awesome he was soo evil and huge but i still give number 1 to nick cz he was the original shape

GAMER456
10-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Tyler Mane beat Nick castle imho. His pure size and strength was an amazing element Castle just couldn't quite achieve. i.e. slamming Joe Grizzly into the stall and breaking the glass, breaking down the door (Which was creepy when he was looking into the house because of his height), or when he broke through the wall of the basement. Rob Zombie personally said that Tyler had broken through a real wall there, it wasn't a fake.

murder667
10-28-2008, 01:27 AM
he was the best myers since nick castle. for sure the best one in the last 30 years. he made michael scary again.

i havent felt that creeped out by myers since the original

Lord Hearteater
11-08-2008, 04:50 AM
Mane's Mikey is a truly terrifying behemoth to Castle's mere man in a mask, but both bring equal merit to the role.

Khan
11-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Mere man in a mask?

You seem to have missed the whole point of the original.

Carpenter's Michael was a normal sized person who managed to be terrifying without being a huge guy.

ALDO
11-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Yeah, he is clearly much more than just a man in a mask in the original. He is in fact, The Shape. What we saw in RZH and all the sequels was Michael Myers.

The Frightmaster
11-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah, he is clearly much more than just a man in a mask in the original. He is in fact, The Shape. What we saw in RZH and all the sequels was Michael Myers.

Agreed. Myers became more of a character than a figure/shape in the sequels, especially in RZH. I think one of Rob's agendas was to make Myers more of a character than the shape, which I didn't like. Although I thought adult Myers was really badass in the remake, I think he would of been better if he was more mysterious like he was in the original. We just knew too much about him/ knew him too well in the remake.

Buckyspowerline
12-28-2008, 09:02 AM
I'll be honest, I thought Tyler Mane did a heck of a job. I've been a fan of George Wilbur's Michael, and I thought Tyler did just as good of a job as George.

HELLO-MIKEY
12-28-2008, 11:35 AM
the best after Nick Castle

maddrumer69
02-10-2009, 11:42 PM
i thought tyler was great , but micheal dosn't need to be
6-9'' to be scary i think nick castle or dick warlock was perfect and they are 5 10'' and 5 8 '' and you just dont need to have a huge guy playing michael

EvilOnTwoLegs
02-11-2009, 12:09 AM
He doesn't have to be that tall, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it, either. It's the performance that counts...and in that arena, I'll take Mane over Warlock any day.

man_in_black82
02-11-2009, 12:39 AM
I was a tad nervous when I heard Tyler was the new Michael, but was blown away at his portrayal of him.

maddrumer69
02-11-2009, 11:42 AM
ya he did such a great job
way to co fellow Canuck !!

Devil's Eyes
02-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I think all the Shapes from H5 to RZH, including Tyler Mane, did an adequate but undistinguished job playing Michael. I don't like the idea of Michael being such a huge brute like he is in the remake but Tyler did a fine job playing him for what Rob Zombie wanted him to be.