PDA

View Full Version : Theatre Atmosphere

Cereal Killer
09-02-2007, 09:01 AM
I was just wondering what kind of vibe peeps noticed in the film theatre while watching the RZ's project.

I went to a regal cinema, and I would say there were a lot of 30 somethings (like myself), lots of younger folk, and quite a bit of the 50 somethings... strange for a horror (something I've never seen til now). I would say the average was late 40's. The theatre was about 1/6 full for a 7:45pm showing.

I heard a lot of bad comments being said. One couple behind us (in their mid 50's) were trashing the film... I was really shocked to hear some of the comments and noises people were making. Two couples left, and I just heard a lot of bad things being said. It was wierd, but then again these folks were 20ish when the classic 78' film first hit.

Anyone else get a real bad vibe in the theatre during the film? I haven't had an experience like that since Episode III... just kidding, it was the film Saturday the 14th that was like that.

Fiberawptic
09-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Im not sure if this can be said in the theater rant thread or not. but Slab will decide... good luck

Cereal Killer
09-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Im not sure if this can be said in the theater rant thread or not. but Slab will decide... good luck

Thanks for the good luck :bigeyes: I guess it does have the same topic, the thread title just kinda threw me. I was thinking atmosphere, ambience, people pouring liquid lead on the couple in front of them... all that crap, not a exactly theatre rant. I thought it was going to turn into what type of seats the show had in it or something :)

I did forget to mention people clapped during the opening when the Sam Loomis quote came up. That was a plus before the film actually started.

I've been around long enough to know about repeats... so Slab.... move, delete, do what thy must, good Sire.

Back to watching HalloweeN 78' on DVD ;) :mike:

Roswell
09-02-2007, 10:08 AM
I try not to pay too much attention to other people in the theatre (you're supposed to be paying attention to the movie). When I did focus my attention on the audience, I noticed a lot of people were getting into the movie. Laughing when they were supposed to laugh, screaming when they were supposed to scream.

So yeah, no problems with the atmosphere. I thought it was spot on.

mcilroga
09-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, same here Warner, except for a few assholes who ruined it for a second (if I ever see that Jason-shirt wearing bitch so long as I live...) But yes, hardly any problems here.

Oh, and you're likely the Halloween remake? Shit, I'll definitely be picking you up once you're released on DVD then. :bastard:

The Kilted One
09-02-2007, 10:15 AM
There were 7 other people in the theater with me, besides my best friend. I could tell that at least one (probably only one) other person there was a real fan. No one made so much as a peep during the film, accept once, when this pregnant lady left to go to the can. That was about it.

Cereal Killer
09-02-2007, 10:16 AM
No one made so much as a peep during the film, accept once, when this pregnant lady left to go to the can.
Sorry... that was funny stuff:roflmao:

Roswell
09-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Oh, and you're likely the Halloween remake? Shit, I'll definitely be picking you up once you're released on DVD then. :bastard:

*slaps hand on forehead*

Thanks for pointing that out, Derek.
And someone showed up in a Jason shirt?! :lame:

Hef
09-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I went to see the film last night and the theater was maybe 6-8% full. But behind us a few rows back was a Latino family and they brought thier baby in there with them and that kid wouldn't shut the fuck up! That pissed me off but what made it worse was the fact that the kid was allowed in there and the parents were ok with bringin him/her in there. I won't be going back to that joke of a fucking theater ever again! It was pathetic!

PG Soul
09-02-2007, 11:43 AM
I went to see the film last night and the theater was maybe 6-8% full. But behind us a few rows back was a Latino family and they brought thier baby in there with them and that kid wouldn't shut the fuck up! That pissed me off but what made it worse was the fact that the kid was allowed in there and the parents were ok with bringin him/her in there. I won't be going back to that joke of a fucking theater ever again! It was pathetic!

I'm sorry to have to repeat myself, but.............................

Only in America:nodsmile:

Danny Strode
09-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Most of the people that I noticed were teenagers. One older person (looked to be almost thirty or so) was wearing a Halloween shirt. And most of them were dumb too, and had obviously not seen the original by some of the dumb things I heard them whisper.

October31
09-02-2007, 03:59 PM
mostly 17-25... everyone liked it. some scream,s some laughs, great atmosphere

ten31
09-02-2007, 04:08 PM
When my wife and I saw it Friday night the theatre was about 90/95% packed with ages from early teens to mid 50s. I was amazed at the amount of females there. Once the movie started a big hush filled the audience. Once and a while you would hear an "Oh My god comment" but not much more. I know I was laughing at a few kills and had people turn and see what type of sick fuck I was.

bogey-chaser
09-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Totally unresponsive. Very quiet, maybe even bored. In a way, I enjoyed the silence because I finally got to sit through an entire movie and hear what was going on...but, at the same time, it was a midnight movie with the "typical" midnight movie crowd (emos, young couples, a few guys dressed like Myers) but...nothing.

mmyers78
09-02-2007, 04:31 PM
there was this one guy when i went to see halloween, had the full mask and coveralls but the employees wouldnt let him in dressed in the costume, he had to take everything off:crying:

ghettomyers
09-02-2007, 04:54 PM
oooooooooook here we go....first off im goin into the theatre and this big mutha fucka is fully dressed and ill be damn if he basicly aint blockin the damn entrence in so im like fuck it ill see this another day cause i aint walkin by that fool! Well the punk finally moved so i saw my chane and sprinted my ass in....so 10 mins later the theatre got packed there was ent one seat left but jus one 2 seats down from me and guess who sat there.......:( mhmmm that fool. So it was fool of 20 somtins and 30 somtins and like 8 black folks who kept hollerin at the screen...well since im half black my self i felt the need to join in, if u will. But as the movie went on there was laughin especialy at the beginning wit all the cusin and wat not but i swear not one person was NOT screamin... i mean everyone was at every jump moment, even at one point when michael dug up his mask and put it on, lol one guy goes "OHHH YESS".....but then it was over and i was leaving satisfied but guess who was right behind me...DAMMIT yes that fool again, so i started walkin faster and i swear it was like he was to, but as soon as i got part the lobby i chopped out to my bike. So yeah my theater was pretty damn cool except for that punk ass who tryed to fuckin gut me.

WolfgangR5150
09-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Well I went opening night, people were laughing , screaming having a good time. Everything you would expect from a GOOD very Good movie..

Khan
09-02-2007, 06:02 PM
It should have been a DTV movie.

Dr_Loomis02
09-02-2007, 06:03 PM
I hope my experience tonight isn't ruined by losers. That would make me very mad.

Icebreaker_8605
09-02-2007, 06:05 PM
I went opening night as well, at Regal. The movie had two screens, and there was quite a line for Halloween. We got the second room with good seats. The crowd was pretty respectful during the film for the most part, but there was a couple near us muttering their own commentary. People jumped, laughed...but nothing dumb like guys rooting during the sex scenes. So the atmosphere was good when I saw it at the midnight showing.

Laurie2007
09-02-2007, 06:07 PM
my theater wasnt very full but then again it was early afternoon
but there was no screaming cos it was mostly men in there but people were jumping and stuff
and when annie is telling paul to repeat that he wants to "do" her one guy in the audience said it outloud that he wanted to...very amusing

FooFighters
09-02-2007, 09:18 PM
http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=12252

Danny Strode
09-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Did anyone at your theaters clap at the end? They did when it ended Friday night. And by me, audiences usually don't do that unless it's a really good film.

FooFighters
09-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Did anyone at your theaters clap at the end? They did when it ended Friday night. And by me, audiences usually don't do that unless it's a really good film.

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=12252
Once again.

And yes people did clap, but the people clapped a lot more for the Saw IV preview than the entire Halloween film.

Khan
09-02-2007, 09:44 PM
I saw the Saw 4 preview as well.

A few kids said that they "couldn't wait to see it."

FooFighters
09-02-2007, 09:49 PM
I saw the Saw 4 preview as well.

A few kids said that they "couldn't wait to see it."

Oh the audience I was with howled in anticipation to see it. But I can't blame them Saw is and amazing series of films.

benluvin
09-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Saw 4 Preview? WTF/ I got screwed. I was even telling one of my friends we may see a saw 4 preview. We didn't.

Anyway, I went at 1 pm saturday afternoon. It wasn't crowded at all. But there was this real old guy, probably like 65. Not even joking.

FooFighters
09-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Saw 4 Preview? WTF/ I got screwed. I was even telling one of my friends we may see a saw 4 preview. We didn't.

Anyway, I went at 1 pm saturday afternoon. It wasn't crowded at all. But there was this real old guy, probably like 65. Not even joking.

I think that they only show the "good" previews on opening night. And I would rather have a 65 year old man in the audience than a 14 year old little bitch that won't shut up. However that is a little strange.

benluvin
09-02-2007, 10:07 PM
I would smack that 14 yr old bitch.

Anyway, I thought it was cool he was in there. I really wanted to go talk to him before the movie started. He was just a little old man.

FooFighters
09-02-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't know, old men in movie theatres carry mace these days. What's the world going to.:lost:

Sam Loomis922
09-02-2007, 10:23 PM
the theatre: I saw it a a 4 o'clock show on friday, lots of people in there, even a few famlies (wtf), a group of girls in my row were laughing every time a shot from the trailer came up( i was gonna kill em, it was so god damn annoying) at the end a few people clapped. folks laughted at the jokes but no screams or nothing. A few people walking out, its a Rob Zombie movie what do you expect?

madmax4000
09-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Ha This Thread Reminds Me Of The Scary Movie 1 Were Brenda Is Ruining The Cinema Movie :roflmao:

Hef
09-03-2007, 04:16 AM
No applause at the end when I went to see it. The only laughs were from my bud and I during Ronnie's dialog just couldn't help it. :roflmao:

Shamrock Silver
09-03-2007, 05:22 AM
The theater was 10% full. It was an afternoon show at one of our smaller, local theaters, just outside of Philly.

These parents brought in their three kids, who appeared to range from 8-12, along with a baby. My wife and I immediately got up and moved to the other side of the theater. They didn't make a peep, though.

The whole crowd was pretty much silent throughout. I think everyone was really anxious prior to the film. They appeared to be fans. When "God of Thunder" came on, a few fists went in the air. Each time a character was introduced or there was a cameo, you'd see someone lean over to their companion and whisper something.

I laughed out loud at a few of Ronnie's lines and at Joe Grizzly. I think others were so shell-shocked and on-edge with the language - and tense from the brutal murders - that they were just pretty quiet and soaked it all in.

Everyone gasped when Michael killed Laurie's dad. That seemed to be the most surprising scene. Just about everyone remained seated through the final credits. As the lights came on, just about everyone seemed pleased, had smiles, and had positive things to say.

njdevs03champs
09-03-2007, 07:10 AM
A lot of OO's and stuff but no clapping or reaction after the ending.

XBlackxShadeX
09-03-2007, 07:23 AM
I was just wondering what kind of vibe peeps noticed in the film theatre while watching the RZ's project.

I went to a regal cinema, and I would say there were a lot of 30 somethings (like myself), lots of younger folk, and quite a bit of the 50 somethings... strange for a horror (something I've never seen til now). I would say the average was late 40's. The theatre was about 1/6 full for a 7:45pm showing.

I heard a lot of bad comments being said. One couple behind us (in their mid 50's) were trashing the film... I was really shocked to hear some of the comments and noises people were making. Two couples left, and I just heard a lot of bad things being said. It was wierd, but then again these folks were 20ish when the classic 78' film first hit.

Anyone else get a real bad vibe in the theatre during the film? I haven't had an experience like that since Episode III... just kidding, it was the film Saturday the 14th that was like that.

Dude i went to regal at that timed show....lolz. were we in the same place?? lolz!

but ya the crowd was def mixed. The ppl i was sitting by were so0o0o0o funi. I rele enjoyed the film. The crowd was having a good tym were i was sitting. Ppl were laughing n talking n everything. I heard bab thngs but yer gonna hear that every where u go.

I overall was impressed with the film..but thats another topic lolz

dcamax
09-03-2007, 08:29 AM
I saw it on opening day at 8.00pm. and it was about 80% filled. I can say that no one seemed overly impressed. No cheers or applause at the end. No one was scared, and they seemed more amused if anything.

XBlackxShadeX
09-03-2007, 09:03 AM
^ya that is tru. I think rob zombie is getting a lot of flake for this new movie..but i liked how he did the story line.

Rich
09-03-2007, 10:23 AM
It got laughed at every step of the way. People in my theater were hysterical.

Khan
09-03-2007, 10:32 AM
When it was over, I heard a lot of discussion about things people didn't like.

There was no applause.

MyersDisciple
09-03-2007, 11:34 AM
To the two posters on the other page who were talking about the 14 year old girl:You two disgust me with your ill talk of a 14 year old child. Did your mommies raise you to be that way towards females? Grow up.
Ive had a very bad day so Im not in the mood for such bull.

Flash Over
09-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I decided to see it again to see how a non-private screening would be filled. It was 6:20 pm and about 70% full. Alot of gasps and jumps and everybody stayed until the Mr Sandman credits kicked in. No applause.

I saw it again that night at 9:15 pm....sold out and the ever so annoying teenage screams. One stupid teenager thought it was "stupid" that they used the "Jaws Theme"....which was actually "The shape Stalks" I looked at her and said "That aint the jaws theme, know your movies better idiot!"

MrShape666
09-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Like I said elsewhere, things are different then they were in 79. Audiences liked horror back then. Now they feel they have to be "above" watching a horror movie, so the usual response is for people to sit there complaining about the film while they're in line to see it. Attacking the movie right away makes them feel comfortable and "superior" to us horror nerds. Any time you go see a horror movie in the theater, you're going to run into smug jerks like that.

MrShape666
09-03-2007, 09:21 PM
I found myself surrounded by some people at first who kept complaining and laughing. And the women were hissing variations on "slut" everytime a woman onscreen showed up in a sexy outfit or, god forbid, got naked. You know, the usually losers who think they're too "good" for a horror film.

A quick seat change fixed the problem.

Villain612
09-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Saw it again today. 4:15 showing.

The theater was pretty full - I'd say 70% at least.
I think that has to do with the fact that its only playing on one screen at this theater.

Anyway, pretty much the same atmosphere as the first time I saw it on Friday (packed house).

The "was that the boogeyman" got laughs again. Which doesn't surprise me - its the most out-of-place dialogue in the film.

As with my other viewing - a lot of different opinions.

Ryan
09-04-2007, 05:23 AM
I saw the midnight showing and since it probably was the only one around the area, enough people showed up to fill the entire theater. They all seemed to be true Halloween fans; they wore Halloween T-shirts, dressed up like Myers, etc. They also cheered during many parts (when he killed people, got his mask years later, etc.) There were some parts where teens would start random disruptions, but it didn't last long. Overall, it was a pretty enjoyable experience.

Husky Hombre
09-04-2007, 05:37 AM

My experience was pretty much identical...it was the first showing at 11:45am..Friday.When the movie ended...there was alot of Boo's and Hissing...

Khan
09-04-2007, 06:10 AM
It just proves that solid box office doesn't mean that a film is good.

Juat look at Norbit...

nwiser
09-04-2007, 06:28 AM
It should have been a DTV movie.

wow...you couldnt have hated it THAT bad...could you? i mean I've seen your posts saying you didnt like it...but only the bottom of the barrel gets direct to video. aside from that DTV would likely have killed the franchise by setting such a bad precedent.

BoogeyMan88
09-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Some girl sitting near me left 10 minutes in as Michael gets his first victim and for some reason everybody in my theater laughed when Laurie asks "Was that the boogeyman?" pretty weird but all in all a good crowd

ragethorn
09-04-2007, 07:22 AM
I saw the 9:40 show on Friday and I was pleasantly suprised. It was pretty packed so I had to sit floor level.

Couple of reactions I noticed.

1) A huge gasp when it shows young Michael washing his hands of blood from killing his pet rat.

2) A few laughs but only during some funny lines. Nobody said a word when Michael Myers was in business.

It seemed like everybody had their attention to the screen and nobody was being an ass. It helped me enjoy the flick more.

Khan
09-04-2007, 07:37 AM
wow...you couldnt have hated it THAT bad...could you? i mean I've seen your posts saying you didnt like it...but only the bottom of the barrel gets direct to video. aside from that DTV would likely have killed the franchise by setting such a bad precedent.

I was mad when I wrote that.

I have since calmed down.

Slapshot
09-04-2007, 08:41 AM
My theater fucking sucked! I mean badly. People were laughing at inappropriate parts (when Mason Strode was attacked for instance). You would have thought this was a comedy. Of course, I did have to laugh at one point when the people behind me said, "Machete!" when Danny Trejo appeared on screen. But still, my audience was just awful. The absolute worst audience I have ever had in a theater.

Khan
09-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Wow, was it just kids doing that?

mr32
09-04-2007, 09:24 AM
My First Screening Saturday Night 12:00 Showing : It was a packed house probably mixed all ages, i dont think none of them seen the original.

Well this was my first time viewing a halloween movie in the theatre, but the atmosphere was great. I felt like i was the fimmakers of the film and i was enjoying the crowd reaction to the movie that, all the jump scares right on the money. Most def when steve pulls the mask out for the first time in the movie the crowd was really creep out by the mask. And when lil mikey puts it on it took the crowd breathe away.

Leading up to the part to where he is grown, when they seen grown mikey the crowd freaked out. It was amazing seeing their reaction to all of those jump scare scenes and seeing michael with the mask on.

My Second Screening Sunday Night 9:40 Showing : This time my lil sister was with me, i kept on having to tell her to shut up on watch the movie, once again packed house.

My second time watchin the film was painful as hell my sister(13yrs old) kept laughing when somone got off. The crowd wasnt into it that must, i believe cause of the sound system wasnt that loud. And my sister kept on laughing, so i was bother by that throught the whole movie. I told her i'm am never talking her with me to other see other horror movie.

Outsider
09-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Crowd was extremely bored, no reaction to anything really.

3-4 people fell asleep...

MrShape666
09-04-2007, 10:26 AM
They also laughed hysterically during Judith's murder, for some reason.

Michael_Kennedy
09-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Mine was pretty good. I saw the 4pm Sunday showing (saved 5 bucks on the ticket, too).

It was more or less quiet in the audience, for the most part. There was one gasp when Mason Strode was attacked (which even made me jump, and I was expecting something like it to happen)

Other than that, the only time anyone laughed was when Loomis did his 'lasted longer than my first marriage' line. That seemed to crack a lot of people up.

There was no clapping or cheering (then again, I haven't been to a movie yet where there was any of that, unless it had the name George Lucas on it).

All in all, there were about 50 people in the audience, which I thought was pretty good (we were in the smallish theater, so it only holds about 250 at max. They had Halloween on 2 screens).

The only odd thing was, as my brother and I were leaving, there was this older couple (and I mean, born in the 1930's old) who said, and I quote, "That was almost as good as the first one."

That just made me smile... no idea why. Maybe because I couldn't see my grandmother (who IS 1930's old) watch anything remotely like a Halloween movie!

Silverpsycho
09-04-2007, 10:44 AM
When I read the subject heading to this thread, I automatically assumed it was about a theme decorated within your theatre. I read somewhere else in the board that someone had their theatre decked out with spiderwebs and an employee was wearing a Myers mask. Anyway, onto the real topic. :D

Since I went to the earliest showing of the day, not too many showed up...not just for HalloweeN, I mean for the entire theatre and all the films. The most people there actually bought tickets to see HalloweeN. Anyway, everyone who showed up (approx. 20 people or so) were all 25 and up in age. Most were males and yes, there were many older folks there. The man in front of me was either in his late 40's or early 50's. I heard him grumbling throughout the entire film. Whenever there was a scene with a good amount of vulgar language, he would get upset and grumble. When there was a violent scene, the guy would get annoyed yet again. In the very end I thought I hurt him murmer that he was pretty disappointed as he walked out immediately when the credits appeared. I felt bad for the guy because I assume he expected a carbon copy of Carpenter's HalloweeN.

Okay now Carpenter's HalloweeN is my most favorite and I'll stick by it as the classic. Audiences today should know the film is now updated and an alternate interpretation. It isn't meant to take the place of Carpenter's film, just be a new spin on things, updating an older movie for a new generation of horror fans.

I must say that it is pretty cool how so many older folks showed up to support the new HalloweeN though because it shows just how long people have been with Carpenter's HalloweeN...or at least I saw it that way.

Halloween444
09-04-2007, 11:38 AM
When I first saw it this past yesterday the 29 at midnight at the world film festival it was jam packed and the crowd was great the Halloween feeling was very present nobody talked during the film everybody was listening and watching with close attention including me let me say that it was by far my best Theater experience EVER.

TheShape'78
09-04-2007, 11:42 AM
when i saw the first showing on Friday the 31st the crowd was fine (as in silent), but my second viewing the following Sunday was annoying cos people were laughing, clapping, talking. it was just so annoying, that second viewing (and the irony is when i saw it w/ the good crowd i didn't care to much for the movie, but upon my second viewing w/ the bad crowd i really enjoyed the film. if only i had the good crowd on both viewings.)

-mitch-

Psych0ticNemes1s
09-04-2007, 11:45 AM
The audience laughed through 90% of the movie. The opening 15 minutes was so over done I could have walked out.

Shamrock Silver
09-04-2007, 04:18 PM
I can't believe so many people were laughing when some of you went.
Up to 90%???
Your town must be full of stupid, sick fucks.
I know mine is (Philadelphia - on its way to being crowned Murder Capital of the USA)...but I made it a point to go to a matinee to avoid morons.

Fiberawptic
09-04-2007, 04:24 PM
My audience would really laugh too much to be funny and they would overreact to scary sequences like when mike popped out of the wall while laurie tried to escape, they screamed so loud. but it was cool when mikes sisters' bf put on the myers mask while doin it, everyone went "oooooooo"

Lupinus
09-04-2007, 04:25 PM
7:25 showing opening night and while it wasnt a sell out it was packed. The atmospher was pretty good. About mid 20's I would call as the average age and lots of laughs. I am sad to say there was a lot of laughing in the places one doesn't want to hear laughing.

Dunkinlo
09-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Cool thread, I went on a Midnight Thursday showing!!!
SILENT crowd, as was the case when they showed the original one last year!!!!!!!!!!
But today I saw it again, and the sound was off, it was quieter, and I noticed one thing..............................
WHEN Dr. Loomis tells Michael that "BLACK" is not a color.........
A black couple in the audience turned to each other and looked offended!!!!!!!!
That last scene kind of sucked with the sound turned down!!!!!! BTW!!!

ghettomyers
09-04-2007, 08:17 PM
oooooooooook here we go....first off im goin into the theatre and this big mutha fucka is fully dressed and ill be damn if he basicly aint blockin the damn entrence in so im like fuck it ill see this another day cause i aint walkin by that fool! Well the punk finally moved so i saw my chane and sprinted my ass in....so 10 mins later the theatre got packed there was ent one seat left but jus one 2 seats down from me and guess who sat there.......:( mhmmm that fool. So it was fool of 20 somtins and 30 somtins and like 8 black folks who kept hollerin at the screen...well since im half black my self i felt the need to join in, if u will. But as the movie went on there was laughin especialy at the beginning wit all the cusin and wat not but i swear not one person was NOT screamin... i mean everyone was at every jump moment, even at one point when michael dug up his mask and put it on, lol one guy goes "OHHH YESS".....but then it was over and i was leaving satisfied but guess who was right behind me...DAMMIT yes that fool again, so i started walkin faster and i swear it was like he was to, but as soon as i got part the lobby i chopped out to my bike. So yeah my theater was pretty damn cool except for that punk ass who tryed to fuckin gut me.

i think ill jus bump this so everyone an see how i almost died dammit...and also saw it again yesterday pretty much the same but i did notice that both times i seen it, when judiths bf pulls out the msk everyone goes ooooooo like there scared or somthin.

njdevs03champs
09-04-2007, 09:08 PM
A bunch of teenage girls were scared in front of me tonight. The place was 35% full and noticed that people was a tad scared and again no real reaction when the movie ended.

njdevs03champs
09-11-2007, 12:23 PM
During Lynda's scene, one of the teenage girls said "Not bad" when she showed her boobs.

Reobeem
09-11-2007, 12:35 PM
at our theatre people laughed in the begining but it was rather tame

Myerscuts
09-11-2007, 11:02 PM
In my opionion the movie wasnt taken for what is was. Modern horror movies(not all) have f**ked with people's minds.Half the people in the theater i went to never even knew that Halloween was a series and not to mention there was the laughing throughout the whole movie and i do mean through out. Everybody was laughing everytime someone got killed.Murder isn't funny...Entertaining..Yes,but funny, No. It is suppose to be a horror movie not a comedy.

hemmy
09-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Cool thread, I went on a Midnight Thursday showing!!!
SILENT crowd, as was the case when they showed the original one last year!!!!!!!!!!
But today I saw it again, and the sound was off, it was quieter, and I noticed one thing..............................
WHEN Dr. Loomis tells Michael that "BLACK" is not a color.........
A black couple in the audience turned to each other and looked offended!!!!!!!!
That last scene kind of sucked with the sound turned down!!!!!! BTW!!!

ROFL :roflmao:

The Gill-Man
09-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Well, I went to the 10:45 PM showing on opening night, at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema here in Houston. I met up with a group of friends, who are also fans. The folks at the Alamo were not only accomodating to having this nutjob in their theater terrorizing their patrons, they actually encouraged it! Two of the waitresses actually escorted me into an earlier showing so I could scare the piss out of the audience!! I've had bad experiences in the past with dressing up for horror flicks, so the way the Alamo folks embraced me was quite refreshing. (Yes, I know the knife in the pics looks majorly fake, but I knew that anything remotely realistic looking wouldn't be cool. They were incredibly accomodating to me, and I was respectful of their rules).

The audience was pretty receptive (and the theater was probably at 95% capacity!). The Drafthouse ran several of the DVD documentaries before the movie, and also threw in classic trailers like the Carpenter version, as well as the original Texas Chainsaw and House of 1000 Corpses. All in all, they seemed to have fun!

http://a608.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/77/l_2597fe56fdf9f3833a50c21af27bc82f.jpg

http://a957.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_10ab98ace24ce076dd41dd17b6a01edc.jpg

http://a103.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/86/l_914244c077b5873d9df84a37079ff786.jpg

http://a411.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/115/l_8fbdd60e10db0df1af8133073d765f22.jpg

http://a566.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/71/l_b7a0c4f9e99af5a8ea54645526d1e385.jpg

http://a538.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/99/l_23c4823a5a18d7ee23c057b0ed106a11.jpg

http://a81.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/88/l_c60bb7f3fb7b1941df53b6f00c955c48.jpg

http://a542.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/78/l_b9fdb6ffe52a6c7f3758f4c50b886a85.jpg

http://a825.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/97/l_ed7fb08059542a59e31e2487e3400368.jpg

http://a5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_5b060bdff50ac3ba92edc0b3855a2da4.jpg

http://a65.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/86/l_0bd56ef6e8daffd3b5a4c8c49d514998.jpg[/i]

renee30152
09-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Well, I went to the 10:45 PM showing on opening night, at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema here in Houston. I met up with a group of friends, who are also fans. The folks at the Alamo were not only accomodating to having this nutjob in their theater terrorizing their patrons, they actually encouraged it! Two of the waitresses actually escorted me into an earlier showing so I could scare the piss out of the audience!! I've had bad experiences in the past with dressing up for horror flicks, so the way the Alamo folks embraced me was quite refreshing. (Yes, I know the knife in the pics looks majorly fake, but I knew that anything remotely realistic looking wouldn't be cool. They were incredibly accomodating to me, and I was respectful of their rules).

The audience was pretty receptive (and the theater was probably at 95% capacity!). The Drafthouse ran several of the DVD documentaries before the movie, and also threw in classic trailers like the Carpenter version, as well as the original Texas Chainsaw and House of 1000 Corpses. All in all, they seemed to have fun!

http://a608.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/77/l_2597fe56fdf9f3833a50c21af27bc82f.jpg

http://a957.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_10ab98ace24ce076dd41dd17b6a01edc.jpg

http://a103.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/86/l_914244c077b5873d9df84a37079ff786.jpg

http://a411.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/115/l_8fbdd60e10db0df1af8133073d765f22.jpg

http://a566.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/71/l_b7a0c4f9e99af5a8ea54645526d1e385.jpg

http://a538.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/99/l_23c4823a5a18d7ee23c057b0ed106a11.jpg

http://a81.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/88/l_c60bb7f3fb7b1941df53b6f00c955c48.jpg

http://a542.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/78/l_b9fdb6ffe52a6c7f3758f4c50b886a85.jpg

http://a825.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/97/l_ed7fb08059542a59e31e2487e3400368.jpg

http://a5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_5b060bdff50ac3ba92edc0b3855a2da4.jpg

http://a65.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/86/l_0bd56ef6e8daffd3b5a4c8c49d514998.jpg[/i]

Neat pics!
Also WTF was with the black is not a color? I thought black was all the colors mixed together and white was the absence of color?

The Gill-Man
09-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Neat pics!
Also WTF was with the black is not a color? I thought black was all the colors mixed together and white was the absence of color?

Thanks!

Actually, white is a total refraction of color (which is why white, when viewed through a prism, reflects a rainbow). The light rays from white are all reflected back to the eyes, causing us to see white.

Black is a total absorbtion of color, so no color rays are reflected back to the human eye.

Technically speaking, you could argue that both black and white are not true colors, since they both involve a total state with regard to the light rays reflecting back, but to me that's nitpicky...as well as a bit ridiculous. It's kinda like saying that zero is not a number!

The Gill-Man
09-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Oh, one more detail. The aforementioned Saw IV trailer actually got the worst reaction to anything that night! Overall, it received quite a few groans, chuckles and smart-assed comments!

renee30152
09-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Was it that bad and laughable?

ghettomyers
09-13-2007, 10:33 AM
see that reminds me of the fool that was dressed up and chased me for half a fuckin mile

renee30152
09-13-2007, 10:46 AM
lol Why did he chase you for half a mile?

Khan
09-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh, one more detail. The aforementioned Saw IV trailer actually got the worst reaction to anything that night! Overall, it received quite a few groans, chuckles and smart-assed comments!

They may groan, but people still see the movies and help them make over $100 million.

renee30152
09-13-2007, 11:48 AM
I have not seen any in the theatre and only like half of the first one on Sci Fi.

MrShape666
09-14-2007, 12:18 AM
When I saw this the second time, I found myself again surrounded by smartass losers who thought they were too good to be there.

The Gill-Man
09-14-2007, 04:52 AM
Was it that bad and laughable?

Not really. In fact, it really showed nothing that I could tell was critical to the film. I haven't seen any of the Saw movies, so I really can't judge whether or not this trailer was "good" or not. Maybe folks are just sick of the series? :dunno:

The Gill-Man
09-14-2007, 04:53 AM
They may groan, but people still see the movies and help make them over $100 million.

This is VERY true!

The Gill-Man
09-14-2007, 04:57 AM
When I saw this the second time, I found myself again surrounded by smartass losers who thought they were too good to be there.

Man, that sucks! I HATE when that happens. I really hope you get a chance to see it with a decent audience.

That is one drawback to the horror genre, is that you often get young punks who have to act like they are too cool for the flick. Personally, I think this is some sort of false bravado to show their friends they aren't actually scared (which is really bullshit, because if they weren't they wouldn't have to act that way). Folks who don't want to appear scared shouldn't show up to horror flicks and ruin it for those of us who want to get a good fright!

Davros
09-14-2007, 05:08 AM
I have yet to understand why, but throughout the entire film, everybody kept LAUGHING. I couldn't see what was so gosh darn funny about Michael killing people, but everybody else in the theater apparently did.

ghettomyers
09-14-2007, 05:26 AM
lol Why did he chase you for half a mile?

cause the punk ass KNEW i was scared....

slasherama
09-14-2007, 06:14 PM
my theater expierience was great. not too many people,and not too little either, just perfect. and it was basically all fans. everyone there either had on a halloween shirt,or they just looked like a fan. throughout the film,i heard some laughs,some cheers,and i saw some jumps as well haha. all and all it was great

Danny Strode
09-14-2007, 06:41 PM

Yeah, that happened almost literally every time I saw it.

Dark Agent
09-14-2007, 06:42 PM

Pretty much the same as you... two of my friends were literally trashing the film.... I saved the trashing untill after the movie ended.

I have yet to understand why, but throughout the entire film, everybody kept LAUGHING. I couldn't see what was so gosh darn funny about Michael killing people, but everybody else in the theater apparently did.

Because the whole movie was laughable, the love hurts scene is all out laughable, alot of Michaels victoms were cracking jokes before they died and the ending itsself was just, WTF?

XBlackxShadeX
09-18-2007, 02:38 AM
Now wait a sec...in about every theature they were laughing, talking, etc. Why do you half the nation(lolz..dramtic much) would be this way during THIS movie.

nwiser
09-18-2007, 02:58 AM
Now wait a sec...in about every theature they were laughing, talking, etc. Why do you half the nation(lolz..dramtic much) would be this way during THIS movie.

People, who were roughly the same age as the target audience for this film, laughed during Schindlers list. Sometimes the audience for a film isnt the best and brightest...and when they dont truely understand whats going on (meaning the scene isnt supposed to be a comical one) there is sometimes what is known as "nervous laughter".

I dont know for sure that this is the case here, but it's a guess.

Davros
09-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Because the whole movie was laughable, the love hurts scene is all out laughable, alot of Michaels victoms were cracking jokes before they died and the ending itsself was just, WTF?

You got me on that one man. I have to admit, I agree with everything you say here. But the difference between me and those other knuckleheads in the theater was, like you, I waited to trash the movie until after I left the theater.

Kids these days. No respect!

renee30152
09-18-2007, 08:07 AM
You are so right. Some people laugh at the most ridiculous things. They laugh because they don't know what is going on or want to look cool.

Ultimate Killer
09-18-2007, 06:19 PM
The vibes were great at the theatre I saw it in and it was sold out, 300+ seats. We were the ONLY over 40 group in there, it was all teens and 20ish.
I would say half the theatre clapped when it ended.
I got a big laugh from them during the scene where Michael is smashing the wall looking for Laurie when I yelled out "She's on the other side of the wall Michael, get her".

That scene just kept going on and on until finally I had to let it out.

Frazetta
09-18-2007, 06:39 PM
The 1st time I saw it the theatre was full & good & receptive for most of the movie but ruined towards the end due to an argument between two fools. The next two times I've watched it has been very enjoyable on all fronts.

Johnathon
09-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Like Ryan said, laughed when they should've laughed and screamed when they should've screamed. I went with about five other people, and my best friend whose mom is a big fan of Halloween had to point out every little detail in the film that was an homage to the original as if I wouldn't have guessed. He's seen it countless times but he was acting as if I've never seen the original. He was the only one in theater that annoying me. I finally told him to shut up. The audience reacted when the Halloween theme first appeared and when we were introduced to the mask.

BlackenedHeart
09-19-2007, 03:03 AM
I went and saw it saturday with my 13 year old cousin. There was only about 8 other people in the theater with us. Unfortunately this is about the normal size crowd at our local theater.. LOL The joys of living in the middle of NOTHING! Anyways.. When we first walked in to sit down I noticed a couple in there 60's sitting in the back, that shocked me. I didn't hear comments from anyone, but then with only 10 people and us all spread out, I doubted I could have heard them anyways.

Shamrock Silver
09-19-2007, 03:34 AM
Ronnie provided some good laughs.
Loomis' one line about how he read "that book" and how it was a "masterpiece" made me laugh.
But as for the people who laughed during the murders and what not - this is just further evidence that this nation is packed with degenerates and retards.

mcilroga
09-19-2007, 03:41 AM
But as for the people who laughed during the murders and what not - this is just further evidence that this nation is packed with degenerates and retards.

Says the guy who planned to "sit in the back" during Danielle's nude scene. :roflmao:

:bastard:

Rich
09-19-2007, 03:48 AM
Why do you half the nation(lolz..dramtic much) would be this way during THIS movie.

Because the movie sucked and was ineffective.

nwiser
09-19-2007, 03:55 AM
Says the guy who planned to "sit in the back" during Danielle's nude scene. :roflmao:

:bastard:

haha yeah...wasnt he the one who made the creepy comment about danielle's two scoops or something? (much to his chagrin, they were more like two of those little sample spoons that Baskin Robbins gives you than "scoops" :bastard: )

ghettomyers
09-19-2007, 05:48 AM
ahahahahaahah oo shizzzel!!! Roastin time!!!

Dark Agent
09-19-2007, 08:10 PM

No that jsut shows how laughable the slasher genre is today... we laugh because we expect it.

The slasher genre is just overly predictable, we know who dies, and we know who lives in these movies, nothing has changed in the genre over last 30 years.

NickSacco
09-20-2007, 10:48 AM
i completely hated the audience. i went and saw the movie again on a wedsday night when no one was there to enjoy it for my self.

Shamrock Silver
09-20-2007, 10:51 AM
'Tis true....I was so very much looking forward to Danielle Harris' "double scoops." I was not disappointed at all.

I agree with the ones here who believe that most people laugh because they are just nervous, showing off, or putting on some kind of a front or not allowing themselves to get INTO the film.

I began absorbing the film right off the bat. While I did laugh at some of Ronnie's stuff, I was still a little unsettled by it all - kind of felt awkward the way you do when a couple is arguing near you and you don't know how to act or what to say. And because that opening scene was so over-the-top, and given that Michael was killing small animals, among other things - I had the constant feeling throughout that something awful could happen at any second. When Mikey beat Shark Boy to death, I thought that was really brutal and I didn't even get over that when more and more terrible things happened. My wife (yes, she went with so I had to leave the Kleenex at home) and I were on edge the entire time.

Shamrock Silver
09-20-2007, 10:52 AM
....or, as I said, if they genuinely found humor in people being cut up, beaten to death, and so on.....they may just be genuine degenerates.

LOOMIS 68
09-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Well I Saw It That Friday-there Was A Long Line For The Early Show At 7;oo P.m. Once The Film Started After The Theater Was Filled To Capacity,there Were A Mixed Reaction Of Laughing And Scares. When The Movie Was Over-I Heard A Few People Applaud But One Person Said The Movie Sucked As I Was Leaving . But Me Personally It Gets My Vote As A Real Treat Of A Movie-Look Forward To The DVD (MOST LIKELY In December Or January).

Khan
09-23-2007, 05:15 PM
The DVD is set for December.

myerscult
09-24-2007, 02:08 PM

I went to a regal cinema too. The vibe of the theater was ridiculous or it could've just been the bastards behind me. My uncle aunt and I got into the the theatre and had to sit up front (not all the way) and had to kind of look up at the screen. The fuckers behind us wouldn't stop talking and my uncle asked them to stop talking and they continued to talk. 10 minutes later my uncle tells them to shut the fuck up and one of the people told my uncle too. After that, they started kicking the back of my aunts chair and the people sitting next to her felt the vibrations. My uncle was getting ready to say something but my aunt said wait until we get outside. We heard someone back there say , "Im gonna get that ****** when we get ouside." The movie was almost over and they didn't stop talking once. The movie was very hard to enjoy because of the fuckers behind us. When it ended,(I didn't really like the movie after Michael's escape from Smith's Grove but I'll have to see it again) we left and waited outside but the people behind stayed in the theater.When they came out, my uncle and aunt find the people were teenagers. My aunt and uncle told them if they were any older there would've been some problems but they let it go.

Danny Strode
09-24-2007, 04:01 PM

Seriously?

Khan
09-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Yes, I am being serious.

renee30152
09-25-2007, 07:50 AM

Where did you read this? I thought it was later.
POTC3 which came out in May, is going on DVD on Dec. 18.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Where did you read this? I thought it was later.
POTC3 which came out in May, is going on DVD on Dec. 18.

I would've guessed December, because of the Christmas season.

Some movies have a quick turnaround. I saw Rocky 6 in January, it was out on DVD in March.

Anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor that they're releasing three versions at the same time?

EDYER1
09-25-2007, 08:32 AM
I'll start out with the negative parts:

Zombie killed a classic film by taking out the mystery. First, what sticks in my mind most about what I just didn't like about the movie was the excessive violence and language. I don't mean gore, because there really wasn't much that could be considered gore, but seeing Michael bash a guy's head into a wall fifteen times to more than one person is just a bit ridiculous and over the edge. I guess what I mean is, the killings seemed to be too drawn out. Michael is a slasher or stabber, and I'm going to throw the kill count in here too. I didn't think to actually take count during the movie, but thinking back on it, it seems there were more kills in this one than any other Halloween film. Which, I guess sort of goes with the trend of horror movies, but still...

In addition, some of the kills just seemed unnecessary, such as Laurie's parents. Perhaps I just missed what Zombie was trying to show us. He grabbed Laurie's photo and showed it to her mother, as if maybe he was trying to find out where she was? But then how would he know for sure she was his sister? A bit confusing, so it seems that it was a bit ridiculous for Michael to go and kill them. Especially when he saw Laurie leave not five minutes earlier, and could have just followed her. This was also, never even introduced or suggested in anyway in the classic John Carpenter film.

I wasn't a big fan of the very beginning. Seeing Michael come from a family like that just doesn't make him scary anymore. Explaining the origins of his homicidal tendencies just ruins the mystery, and makes him no different than any other serial killer. Plus, In the classic, the baby was even around until after Michael had been put away. Michael shouldn't have even known about her.

Speaking of scary, very few moments of the movie were actually scary. Zombie relied on shocks rather than moments of suspense. In my opinion, watching a movie and saying to myself, "Oh look, he just jumped through another wall again." sort of gets old, and you start to expect it. So after about the third time Michael jumped out from somewhere, the effect really wore off, and what you are left with is simply a movie with a really big guy killing people incredibly violently. The only thing scary about that is actually seeing a human being (appear to be) murdered, which in the context of a film is fairly easy to stomach, sad to say.

Also, I absolutely could not stand the actress that played Laurie. I can't think of her name at the moment, but she really got on my nerves. And some of her more serious lines were laughable, due to her delivery, especially the infamous "Was that the boogeyman?" line. Everyone watching with me (about 5 other people) just cracked up when she said it.

And, I'm not sure if I dislike it yet or not, but having Loomis apparently killed by Michael doesn't seem to sit well with me. Of course, if they make a sequel, it would be very easy to just say "Surprise! I didn't really die!", but as for now, we can all assume he was murdered. I guess what bothers me is that in the original series we never actually see Dr. Loomis die until Halloween 4, and here we finally do in the 1st film.

How can you take away the classic scene of Laurie's Friend and Bob having sex in the house and then having her ask Michael when he is covered by the bed sheet of thinking it was Bob, "Can't I get your ghost Bob?" and then getting killed.

I felt much of the dialogue was poorly written as well. There was a lot of vulgarity, which I don't really mind, they are just words after all, but it got to the point where it seemed over-the-top and ridiculous.

The length was a bit much. Towards the end I started getting bored, and was just wishing either Michael would kill Laurie and get it over with, or that maybe Laurie and Michael would just hug and call it a day.

However, on the positive side:

I really enjoyed the scenes of Michael in the sanitarium, especially as an adult. In fact, I felt adult Michael in the asylum with the homemade masks and the robe felt alot like Leatherface. The traditional Michael in coveralls and the white mask is more effective.

The mask did and didn't look really great. And Tyler Mane was very intimidating as Michael, even more than I thought he would be.

MacDowell's performance was pretty good. Better than I thought it would be, even with some of Zombie's ridiculous writing. I even laughed at a couple of his "jokes", although that wig in the beginning was a bit... hilarious.

Daeg did a wonderful job in his role. Normally child actors annoy me in these sorts of films, but he did an outstanding performance.

In conclusion, for me, the good aspects of the film were too few to warrant liking the movie very much. The lack of suspense and lackluster story just makes for an overall boring 100+ minutes, and that's really where the problem is: no character development and too much of Michael bursting through walls to "scare" you. He just wasn't scary. People keep saying that those of us who hated the film just wanted a modernized remake of Carpenter's film, or are just comparing it too much to the original. Not true. Even if the original Halloween were never created, this movie would still be what it is: a mediocre (at best) horror film best forgotten about. I Know a different director and writer could do a better job. It looked to much like Zombies other films, Devil's Rejects, and so on. I give it a 1/5.

Slapshot
09-25-2007, 08:37 AM

Link?

Kinick
09-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Link?

Think this is the expected release date, which is what's up on Amazon.

http://weinsteinco.blogspot.com/2007/09/rob-zombies-halloween-early-dvd-details.html

Slapshot
09-25-2007, 01:57 PM

http://weinsteinco.blogspot.com/2007/09/rob-zombies-halloween-early-dvd-details.html

Alrighty then. Just wanting to make sure he wasn't kidding us. ;)

FooFighters
09-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Yes, I am being serious.

Isn't that a little soon? What is your source?

Khan
09-25-2007, 05:53 PM
See the link Kinick posted.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-25-2007, 06:09 PM

I guess that's an official blog. Wow, what a professional layout.

Is there a teenager Weinstein that I don't know about?

punkrocklove
09-26-2007, 05:04 AM
Im gonna find out what its like to see a Halloween movie in a theatre! Finally.
After waiting this long to experience it

Im so so excited
I might just cry

Psych0ticNemes1s
09-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Im gonna find out what its like to see a Halloween movie in a theatre! Finally.
After waiting this long to experience it

Im so so excited
I might just cry

Don't get too excited. That is all I will say.

punkrocklove
09-26-2007, 05:49 AM
Is it that bad lol?

Hrm, I guess Im just excited because I've been a fan siunce I was eight years old.

I feel..old.

Psych0ticNemes1s
09-26-2007, 06:10 AM
Is it that bad lol?

Hrm, I guess Im just excited because I've been a fan siunce I was eight years old.

I feel..old.

Supposedly the majority liked it, so it is likely that you will to. I'm not a fan of over the top nudity and pointless vulgarity over storyline and atmosphere so this film was just another typical Rob Zombie crapfest for me.

Danny Strode
09-26-2007, 11:22 AM

Thanks for the link! :)

JamesHeil
09-26-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm not going to see it until friday the day it comes out! (UK) already pre-booked the tickets so Im excited!!!

Turtle
09-26-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm not going to see it until friday the day it comes out! (UK) already pre-booked the tickets so Im excited!!!

Same here. I never had the chance to see Russurection cause of my age, so this'll be my first chance to see Michael on the big screen, seen Jason, Freddy, Leatherface and Hannibal, now finally Michael.

samhain51
09-27-2007, 04:18 AM
Same here. I never had the chance to see Russurection cause of my age, so this'll be my first chance to see Michael on the big screen, seen Jason, Freddy, Leatherface and Hannibal, now finally Michael.

Be excited i love seeing our hero Mikey on the big screen!

Terrortino
09-30-2007, 06:13 AM
and like 8 black folks who kept hollerin at the screen...well since im half black my self i felt the need to join in, if u will.

but guess who was right behind me...DAMMIT yes that fool again, so i started walkin faster and i swear it was like he was to, but as soon as i got part the lobby i chopped out to my bike. So yeah my theater was pretty damn cool except for that punk ass who tryed to fuckin gut me.

:roflmao: no matter how many times i read those two parts i cant stop laughing

great write up!!!!

*wanted*
09-30-2007, 01:52 PM
well i went to see it tonight in the biggest theatrer in dublin...it only came out on friday... it was 90% full....
and i have to say EVERYONE was in and around my age and that shocked me...i would have loooved for it to be full of older people who had actualy seen the orginal when it came out...and i could enjoy it with them but it was just people 17-19... and they where just laughing alot of the time....

oh well...thats dublin for you..
:drool:

Captain Mal
09-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Saw it for the second time today with a bigger crowd. Went pretty early on Friday. People were into it and all the talk of the boogeyman paid off when Laurie asks, 'was that the boogeyman' everyone in the place laughed their asses off.... Guess none of them have seen the original, I mean she was always gonna say that.

jigsaw_dude
09-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Saw it for the second time today with a bigger crowd. Went pretty early on Friday. People were into it and all the talk of the boogeyman paid off when Laurie asks, 'was that the boogeyman' everyone in the place laughed their asses off.... Guess none of them have seen the original, I mean she was always gonna say that.

Well of course they're laughing, she sounds like a retard :bastard:

Khan
09-30-2007, 03:47 PM

That scene was one of the worst acted in the movie.

WhiteZombie
09-30-2007, 06:53 PM
That scene was one of the worst acted in the movie.

People are just new as hell, and have no idea there was an original Halloween

Khan
09-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Maybe so, but that scene was awful.

*wanted*
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM

yeah everyone was laughin at that part too when i went to see it..
i think its just coz there dubs...
theyd laugh at anythin

kooshdidude
10-01-2007, 02:11 PM
I live in the UK and saw Halloween at a 6.15 viewing on opening night (28th September). There was no atmosphere, the cinema was pretty much empty... there were 8 people in there, including me, my gf and mate who i dragged along with me to see it lol. People didn't seem that scared by it. Looking around i saw two people with their phones out, and started talkin at one point which was very annoying lol. This was a Friday though, not many poeple go to the cinema on that day, the whole complex was pretty empty not just Halloween.

The Frightmaster
10-01-2007, 02:24 PM
When I went to see it the in theater it was pretty packed, which I was very happy about. There was no reaction from anybody in the audience until the scene when young michael wrapped his mom's boyfriend up in all that duck tape and I said, "Man he must be a heavy sleeper." Then all my friends around me and my mom and her friends started laughing and saying, "yeah really." Some other people must of heard me to because they were laughing along with us. I don't remember anyone screaming at any point, but my one friend almost hit the ceiling when michael came out of no where and sliced Laurie's dad's face when he was on the front porch. I remember people laughing at Lindsey's and Annie's interaction with each other. Especially when they was talking on the way to Tommy's house. I remeber people laughing at laurie's and Tommy's interaction with each other. And like a lot of people posted on here, a lot of people laughed at Laurie's line, "Was that the boogeyman?" So to sum it up their was more laughing then screams or anything like that. Maybe Rob should start making comedies because obviously the remake was pretty laughable. Oh yeah I heard people say that the ending sucked when I was leaving the theater.

I think people laugh at Lauries line because of Tommy warning her earlier about the boogeyman when she was dropping the keys off at the Myers house.

metallicabowler
10-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah people laughing when Laurie asked "Was that the boogeyman?" threw me for a loop. I was like, "Um what's funny about that?" I will admit that Loomis going "What the FUCK?!" or whatever he says as he's going after Michael and Laurie was very funny and everyone laughed. Small chuckles (myself included) at the Ben Tramer comment from Annie but not too many, implying that not a lot of fans were at the 8/31 9:30pm show. No one cheered at the end but me, I had a scream of "YES!" when the movie ended and everyone looked at me all weird. A family did bring like five or six 4th graders to the movie, but they were quiet. I think they were all shocked by the violence actually. People laughed when they were supposed to, screamed twice or thrice, but I think overall hated it. And I don't know what all of you guys were thinking, but Michael stalking Laurie throughout the house had me on the edge of my seat. Theater atmosphere was average.

nwiser
10-02-2007, 02:45 AM
Yeah people laughing when Laurie asked "Was that the boogeyman?" threw me for a loop. I was like, "Um what's funny about that?"

I dunno...I can kind of understand people laughing at it...not because it's a comical line, but because both the question and the response seemed so awkwarldy out of place. Either that or the lines were just awkwardly delivered. We all know it was put in there as a homage to the original, but it just didnt feel like it was delivered right or at the right time.

JWILL2
11-02-2007, 07:40 AM
A lot of people were trashing the flim when it was over..I overheard someone saying "Now are you going to give up on horror movies?" meaning they aren't the same as before....overall the film got a bum reaction

MrShape666
11-03-2007, 03:35 PM
You've gotta remember that when you go to a horror movie in the theater, most of the people in there are the usual herd who think they have to be above a horror film to be "cool". They'll laugh and jeer at the movie because they think this way they'll impress everyone. Actually getting into the movie your watching is no longer socially acceptable to most of the herd.

Mr. Bruce
11-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I hate it all they do is talk and never shut the fuck up I had to threaten 3 people at the HalloweeN permire here.