PDA

View Full Version : Scenes you would have added to the remake

metaldrumz
09-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Ok if you could add any of your own scenes to this movie what would they be?

I would have definately did a small tribute to the original and shown lil mikey coming down the stairs for breakfast in his clown mask through the eyes of the clown mask.

At the end in the empty pool with all the leaves as Loomis and Laurie walked away I would have had Michael do his famous sit up ala The Undertaker heh.

chubbs
09-02-2007, 06:32 AM
I really wanted them to do the scene with Loomis whispering to Lonnie... just cuz.

Yeah, I would have added the smoking scene back in there.

and my personal scene, I would have had a little more with Mikey and Loomis.

Worthystevens
09-02-2007, 07:14 AM
I would've added a couple more scenes with Loomis and Brackett trying to find Michael.

The Frightmaster
09-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Well I would of added alot more scenes to the third act with Laurie, Lynda, and Annie because I felt the 3rd act was way to rushed. In my opinion the 3rd act should of been the longest act because to me it was the most important act because that's when Michael is actually a adult and breaks out of Smith's Grove and goes after laurie. I thought length of the 1st act with young Michael was okay, but I would of defintely cut down the the 2nd act when Michael is at Smith Grove a lot. I thought it was way to long and it felt like it dragged on and on.

Roswell
09-02-2007, 10:21 AM
More scenes with Deborah Myers. What we saw was good, but I wanted to see more of her because I thought Sheri Moon did a great job.

MichaelMyers04
09-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I agree with Fright Nighter about adding a few more scenes in the 3rd act (especially with the girls). And I also really wish that they would have added a scene of Michael doing his famous sit-up.

Fiberawptic
09-02-2007, 11:30 AM
I wouldve added a scene showing the change over time of the fifteen years, rather than just cut to "Fifteeen years later"

I wouldve added a scene of the sheriff and loomis together.

Also a scene more of laurie babysitting the kids more.

This wouldnt be a scene but just show michael kill the fox and take out the girls grave and replace it with the dead fox...

Well I would of added alot more scenes to the third act with Laurie, Lynda, and Annie because I felt the 3rd act was way to rushed. In my opinion the 3rd act should of been the longest act because to me it was the most important act because that's when Michael is actually a adult and breaks out of Smith's Grove and goes after laurie. I thought length of the 1st act with young Michael was okay, but I would of defintely cut down the the 2nd act when Michael is at Smith Grove a lot. I thought it was way to long and it felt like it dragged on and on.

I agree with the third act but not the 2nd thing. Because i thought it was perfect sized. It showed him break out, kill some dudes, get the uniform, and get to his house. No nonsense or uneeded stuff there.

WolfgangR5150
09-02-2007, 11:44 AM
I loved the remake, absolutley loved it, however since you asked. I would agree on the 3rd act. more character development. I would have added the scences where tommy sees michael carry the body into the house and where he just sees michael starring at them from across the street... Over all though I LOVED IT... I am tired of reading reveiws saying man this wasn't as scary as the original... well I agree it wasn't as scary BUT THEN AGAIN i am a lot harder to scare at 38 than I was at 8... geez people. And let us be real.. The first Halloween has more walking around and talking just to make up for the time... There is really about 45 minutes of actual movie in the original though I still love it.

ragethorn
09-02-2007, 11:58 AM
1. I think the scene where Love Hurts by Nazareth plays should have started off with Debra Myers dancing on stage THEN cut to Michael sitting on the steps staring into space instead of looking so sad on the steps. Everytime the camera cuts to Michael, Love Hurts should've been cut off and then back on when it cuts back to Debra dancing.

2. I apologize if we're not allowed to speak of the WP but while watching it AFTER seeing the theatrical version, I found a scene which I absolutely fell in love with. It consisted of Michael and Dr. Loomis sitting outside in the hospital garden.

Dr. Loomis - "I managed to persuade the suits to let you come outside and sit out in the garden. Hardly a charming place but at least there's a bit of greenery. Because I am your friend.

Michael (10 years old) - "I need to get out of here."

Dr. Loomis - "I've been your friend since the very beginning, I tried to help yo..."

Dr. Loomis - "I've really tried to help you. Hence this getting outside and sitting in the garden is really quite pleasant."

Dr. Loomis - "Quite nice weather really, isn't it?"

Michael - "I NEED to get out of here."

Dr. Loomis - "Yes. It's not gonna happen for a while Michael. Fraid you won't be going nowhere."

Michael (10 years old) - "I have nothing else to say."

I would've definitely added this scene in the theatrical version. It stressed how badly Michael wanted to go back to Haddonfield.

The Frightmaster
09-02-2007, 01:35 PM
And I also really wish that they would have added a scene of Michael doing his famous sit-up.
I definitely agree! As a matter of fact I was thought he was gonna do it after Laurie staped him in the shoulder. I was bumped out that he didn't do it.

I agree with the third act but not the 2nd thing. Because i thought it was perfect sized. It showed him break out, kill some dudes, get the uniform, and get to his house. No nonsense or uneeded stuff there.

They could of had all that stuff but could of cut it down a little actually a lot. To me it seems that act 2 drug on a little to long. They could of cut a lot of the stuff with young Michael in Smith's Grove because I don't think it was all nessacary. Some of it they could of kept but not all of it.

They should of cut the length of act 2 down and made Act 3 longer, a lot longer because like I said before it felt very rushed and it should of been the longest act because in my opinion it was the most important act. We didn't get to know any of the girls at all. All we got to know is they like to use the word Fuck and have sex. As soon as we got to know Lynda and Annie they got killed. So Act 3 defintely should of been longer, much longer!!!

MichaelMyers04
09-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Adding to my previous post, I would also add a quick shot of Michael stalking Judith in the hallway, but through the eyes of the mask, just like the way Judith was killed in the original.

I definitely agree! As a matter of fact I was thought he was gonna do it after Laurie staped him in the shoulder. I was bumped out that he didn't do it.

Same here. I was expecting him to do the sit up right at that time. It's too bad he didn't thought....

DarthMyers
09-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Since he used all the best scenes/lines from the original I would have preferred him to reuse the original ending.

Michael is shot laying in the bottom of the pool. Loomis takes Laurie to car, "as a matter of fact that was" line. Then, excuse for a moment I'll be right back. Loomis goes back to pool, Michael gone, Loomis looking into darkness with Halloween theme playing. Credits roll.

Khan
09-02-2007, 07:56 PM
I would have trimmed the prequel section to give more time to the remake section.

mr_casper_sgv
09-02-2007, 08:09 PM
There was a lot more that I expected from Rob Zombie in this movie but I guess we can't always get what we want. I would of liked the scene when annie goes "hey speed kills!" or like others say the part when he gets up, or when laurie shanks his eyes with a wire hanger. everything seemed so rushed.

shadiguy1
09-02-2007, 09:06 PM
i would have liked to have seen how michael knew exactly who his sister was he was locked up for 17 years and just automatically knew who she was. Or if maybe somehow someone told laurie and then she realized who michael was when he showd her the picture of them two.

*wanted*
09-30-2007, 03:19 PM
i think the eyepoking with the hanger part is just prue classic horror and to not have it in the remake was a shock....
when i thought the part was comming up and then she was hiding around the corner with her hand over her mouth it was abit ah u got me....but oh no...now there not gonna do it...

WhiteZombie
09-30-2007, 07:48 PM
The classic "sit-up" scene would have been awesome. But it doesent really work with this type of Myers.

Kinick
10-01-2007, 05:02 AM
I would have trimmed the first act also, it's too long. All of the family kills should have been condensed more, we wouldn't have seen (or heard) as much of Ronnie as we did.

I would have loved to have had a scene during the Smith's Grove montage where baby Laurie and Deborah come to visit Michael... probably the last scene with young Michael. Baby Laurie trying to play with Michael and taking off his makeshift mask before they leave and he kills the nurse.

Then i would have had a scene with him arriving in Haddonfield, maybe by having Big Joe's scene cut a bit or just seeing Michael zip up his overalls. Then ending would have also been trimmed a lot, it drags too much. Especially from the basement to Laurie in the walls, so we would have more time with the girls and Michael preparing for his murders... suspense was sorely missed.

Also, doesn't Michael's mom kill herself two years after Michael is at Smith's Grove? Either that or Brackett's mistaking...

kooshdidude
10-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Defo more character development of the three girls and more to the remake part of the movie. I would have had more of Annie in it. I loved Danielle Harris in this movie, and i just love the character of Annie in the original and the remake. She had a bigger part in the original, i would have liked to have seen more of her character.

metallicabowler
10-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Well I would have played a different song than "Love Hurts" during that scene, only because it has comical connotations attached to it thanks to commercials, other movies, etc. The 3rd act is rushed, everyone is right on about that. I would have liekd to have sat through more character development, especially of the new spunky Laurie. However, this movie seemed to be more about Michael Myers than it did Laurie Strode, so I sort of understood why Rob edited the way he did.

More of Brackett because Brad Dourif is awesome, I would not have recreated Bob's death scene shot for shot. It totally took me out of the movie.

This is only because I want these movies to end, but I want a definitive death for Michael for once. Showing Laurie blow a hole through his head would have satisfied me completely, though I am extremely pleased with the theatrical release as is.

mmyers78
10-02-2007, 12:42 PM
I would of added a few scenes that showed some more character build up for Annie, Laurie and Lynda.

abmyers26
10-02-2007, 01:35 PM
definitely more stuff with young Michael, that kid stole the movie

Dark Chaos
10-02-2007, 01:55 PM
I felt Ronnie and Laurie's Death were to quick for the way they treated Michael the boyfriend got the worst of the three, so I would have had Michael cut the boyfriends throat and then torture the shit out of Ronnie and Laurie before he killed them. Then I would have showed him burying his mask in the cellar.

Terrortino
10-02-2007, 02:48 PM
i would have liked to have seen how michael knew exactly who his sister was he was locked up for 17 years and just automatically knew who she was. Or if maybe somehow someone told laurie and then she realized who michael was when he showd her the picture of them two.

he knew it was her by smelling the mail she dropped off at the Myers house :bastard:

Slapshot
10-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I would have (not would of as some people so fondly think) trimmed from the prequel section and added more to the remake portion. What exactly, I don't know.

Khan
10-02-2007, 03:17 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Plus, I would trim the ending.

hall0weendream
10-02-2007, 08:34 PM
I agree with most about more character development for the three girls, but I would have loved to seen more with the Strode family. Everytime they were hanging out or just chatting it seemed like a real family and it was interesting to me because we never got to know Laurie's step parents in the original. I think that was a missed opportunity there. As for the girls - I wish Lynda didn't come off as much of a bitch as she did. I would've loved to seen a chase scene for her and then out of the shadows Michael darts at her and chokes her to death. Annie shouldn't have had made plans with Paul till she was actually at the Wallace house. That would've given us more time with her. I must say I love the scene of Lindsay and her walking across the street. Some reason I just love the part with Annie telling Lindsay that if she doesn't stop they're going to have a pumpkin smashing party right in the street. Since I'm talking about Annie, why not talk about Paul. Was there really any reason to have him, other than to have him take off Annie's top? A scene or two of him with Annie would've been cool too.

I have to agree with Dark Chaos that I think Ronnie got off much nicer than Steve or Judith. I know they the news reporter said that Ronnie was found with multiple stabbings to the face and chest, but I would've liked to seen it happen.

I've would've added a few more in the shadow scenes like when Steve walks past that dark spot in the hallway on the way down to get some food. They also do the same shot later with Bob. I loved how that was done and wished Rob would've added a few more scenes like that.

I know Michael may not have actually wanted to kill Laurie, even after she stabbed him, but I missed her atleast getting her arm slashed like in the original. All the beatings she took, she actually pretty much did to herself.

As for the second chase with Laurie they should've had that chase happen before she got out of the house and fell into the empty pool. That way it wouldn't have seemed so tacked on because I really do like the ceiling part. It reminds me of the laundry chute scene from H5 (really the only cool thing from that film).

There is definitely a lot of ideas I wish would've been added in, but I'm content with the version we got. Who knows what was left on the editing room floor from the original shoot and the reshoots. We know of the WP scenes, but I'm betting there is tons more that didn't make it. Let's hope they don't leave anything out for the dvd release.

Myers Insurance
10-03-2007, 02:34 AM
If I remember correctly, wasn't there a scene scripted where Laurie's mom is making candy apples right before she leaves and we get that whole "keys under the Myers house" dialouge.

Kinick
10-03-2007, 03:04 AM
I would have (not would of as some people so fondly think) trimmed from the prequel section and added more to the remake portion. What exactly, I don't know.

Well, the question was, what scenes would you have added? :D

If I remember correctly, wasn't there a scene scripted where Laurie's mom is making candy apples right before she leaves and we get that whole "keys under the Myers house" dialouge.

I don't think it was in the leaked script anyway. Think it was just the same as what we see in the movie with her making breakfast and talking about Nichol's Hardware.

I'm sure we'll get a better insight into this when the DVD hits (to coincide with his 'animal instinct' ofcourse.) A few scenes/shots expanding from what we were initially given in the theatrical cut.

gotta_dump
10-03-2007, 04:57 AM
the ending in rob zombies halloween they showed in the theater was so stupid. If loomis shot him five times then why wouldnt the gun fire! Its a freaking revolver! I have a bootleg cut edition and it shows a lot of stuff they didnt show at the theater. For an example the ending was completly different.

gotta_dump
10-03-2007, 04:58 AM
If Anyone Wants To Know The True Ending Of Rob Zombies Halloween Please Email Me!

Kinick
10-03-2007, 05:05 AM
If Anyone Wants To Know The True Ending Of Rob Zombies Halloween Please Email Me!

Everyone already knows this. It is the Halloween Message Board after all.

And by the way, Loomis didn't shoot Michael five times, it was three.

Myers Insurance
10-03-2007, 11:40 AM
I don't think it was in the leaked script anyway. Think it was just the same as what we see in the movie with her making breakfast and talking about Nichol's Hardware.

I was referring to the 1978 film.

RazorBlade101
10-03-2007, 12:42 PM
I think its fine ... I liked it so it dont matter.

scoob
10-07-2007, 05:19 PM
I would have made the escape competly different from both versions.
On Halloween eve, basically Myers just breaks his ward door down, releases all the other lunatics and in the chaos that ensues from the probably understaffed workers, Myers makes his escape.

I would have cut the first moments of the film, where the family are arguing and altered it so they seemed like a normal family. Deborah Myers works as a cleaner or, I dont know, if you want to get sleazy she's having an affair so she then feels guilty about the afthermath. Or maybe she just works nights somewhere out of town.
Robbie White, I would have changed to actually being Myers real father and being somewhat decent although maybe still crippled and in a wheelchair. That would make the strapping scene a little more realistic if he was unable to move and not just wasted.
Judith, I would have just made her normal and cut that terrible "That drunk fuck aint my dad fuck prick hes in heaven" or whatever it was. Still have sex of course, but without the mask even being introduced.

Maybe having Michael go down in to the basement to hide his knife and mask and having a "secret" place underneath the floorboards where there are loads of dead animals wrapped up to conceal the smell. Followed by him kneeling motionless, looking distant and just "gone".

The sanitarium scenes I love, so I wouldnt alter many. The nurse killing, I would have altered. Plastic knife in the eye or something, anything but the steel knife. Maybe he goes ape and smashes a window with his chair, grabs a shard of glass and uses that to kill her as she tries to calm him down. But I would not have her insult him, turn her back on him, thats just ridiculous.

Scenes of young Michael in his room looking at the walls, beyond the walls. Then talking with Loomis. Then back in his room, smiling or being back in his "gaze" after playing the innocent knowing all along what he intends to do.

I would have liked better development from Laurie, Lynda and Annie. Changed them into likeable characters even if it's not with the times. In a few lines of dialouge, you could alter them dramatically. Instead of "Hi Bitchies" and all that shite, have them have a soul for at least the few moments they open there mouths.
Sure, Lynda can be the slutty bitch but if shes gonna end up dead, lets at least like her for something. Make her funny, at least witty. Anything that entertains and makes you like her so her death might mean something.
The graveyard scene - Id have Sid Haig or whoever retell the old story from the original and maybe/maybe not finish the damn thing. That was classic!
Maybe, having something to do with a hacksaw, make a jibe about Saw being the so called "Film for Halloween".

A lot more Loomis. A lot more Brackett.

As much as I like the university speech, Id dump the Loomis has a book job, in favour for him being retired and in the middle of maybe writing one. I like that he is woken up, but I think the scene from the early draft might have worked where he is talking about the famous shit mask. A little scene with him and his wife before he gets on his travels.
That would lead to the gun store.

Brackett at the cemetary works a lot more for more for me then the Haddonfield burger joint, so Id go stick with that. But that would have to be after Sid Haig meets Loomis, and Myers watches from afar so maybe the burger joint would have to suffice. But id make them go to Bracketts office and talk a little more.

The Myers sit up, I definitly missed after he was stabbed. I'd also cut the "motherfucker" line that Laurie spits when she stabs him - flashback to Busta Rhymes. I'd prefer if she just said nothing and acted. Workprint is better.

Id add a lot more people celebrating Halloween in the afternoon, ealry evening. Have some atmosphere before all the carnage. This was what I think was mostly missed. It could have been Easter for all I know. ( Well, apart from the pumpkins - but take them out and it's just another day ).
I would put a lot more emphasis on it being Halloween, and try and entwine Michael Myers with it as much as possible.

antoniosfansite
11-17-2007, 03:40 PM
michaels reaction to hearing about his mothers death

MyersFan75
11-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Since he used all the best scenes/lines from the original I would have preferred him to reuse the original ending.

Michael is shot laying in the bottom of the pool. Loomis takes Laurie to car, "as a matter of fact that was" line. Then, excuse for a moment I'll be right back. Loomis goes back to pool, Michael gone, Loomis looking into darkness with Halloween theme playing. Credits roll.

I completely agree. That is what I was wanting to happen while I watched it in the theater, as a matter of fact.

Yeah, we'd miss out on the whole chase through the house (which I thought was really neat, albeit a bit prolonged and un-Myers like) but the ending would have been more like the original and pretty damn cool if you ask me.

F@@@inlovemyers
11-19-2007, 12:16 PM
i wish they used the work print ending

mattc_85
11-19-2007, 12:18 PM
I wish they had killed off Laurie. She got on my last nerve!

TheShape'78
11-19-2007, 12:49 PM
i wish they used the work print ending

agreed.

-mitch-

THEGUY26
12-20-2007, 01:00 AM
I wish that the workprint ending would have Michael opening his eye as the camera moves away, then immediatly go to the credits.

*CHA*MAM*
12-22-2007, 05:47 PM
In retrospect, because I saw this movie before the originals, I would have loved the classic sit-up in there somewhere.
I think Rob Zombie could have done a good gory/creepy job if he had put in the scene of Michael killing and eating the dog, which we never get to see in the original.

Shamrock Silver
12-23-2007, 03:26 PM
1.) It did not make sense for the REVOLVER to not work on one shot, and then to work on the next shot. If they're trying to sell it off like Loomis' gun got opened during all of the hullabaloo, then they have to show that on camera and show Laurie snap the bullet cylinder back in place - to use that Russian Roulette angle.

2.) They should have found a way to get a gay bath house in the film.

3.) I'm glad they eliminated the rape scene from the theatrical cut - rape doesn't belong in slasher films. If you're one of those creeps who likes that stuff, go sit at home and watch "Last House on the Left" or "I Spit on Your Grave" or the like. F'in freaks!

I LOVED RZ's HALLOWEEN. I'M GETTING IT FOR CHRISTMAS.

(Thanks for showing us your boobies, Danielle Harris. Lickie, lickie. Mmm, yum yum.)

Oooh, look - emoticons...:band::yar::bigeyes:

Khan
12-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Shamrock, the rape is back in the director's cut, so you will have to pick up the theatrical cut as well.

Shamrock Silver
12-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Aw, damn it! My wife got me the director's cut.
I thought that would just have a few extra nip slips.
Guess I'll have to deal with the rape.
(I already opened it - didn't read your post 'til now.)

Khan
12-30-2007, 09:17 AM
You can still buy the theatrical cut as well.

THEGUY26
12-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Who rapes who?

Khan
12-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Some Smith's Grove orderlies rape a mentally challenged woman in front of Michael.

punkrocklove
01-01-2008, 12:23 PM
I miss the keys part.

Halloween = LAURIES KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYS.

If nobody knows what part I'm talking about, I'm talking about the scenes where Laurie is banging on the door and she can't find her keys.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
01-01-2008, 12:41 PM
I miss the keys part.

If nobody knows what part I'm talking about, I'm talking about the scenes where Laurie is banging on the door and she can't find her keys.

The scene the way it was redone in the Zombie script sounded pretty cool. Laurie's trying to get back in the house, sees Michael getting closer and closer, but when she looks back... he's gone.

Sure, the odds were high that he went in the backway like he did. But he knew Laurie would have to go back into the house anyway, if she wanted to save the kids.

Kind of a salute to the original mindfucker MM.

Laurie2007
01-01-2008, 12:43 PM
i would have like to see the scene where brackett finds "Laurie" and takes her away to the hospital in the other town

bewp
01-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Definitely the laundry room scene when annie gets stuck in the window. It was hilarious with the old annie, and this annie probably would have been funnier considering she'd probably be talking to herself and bitching and Lindsey.

The-Boogeyman
01-15-2008, 03:25 AM
Michael is loaded onto a stretcher along with Laurie and Loomis. Michael's eyse tensly open and you can hear him breathing like from the ending of the original Halloween.

renee30152
01-18-2008, 04:52 PM
I miss the keys part.

That was a great scene. :D Very suspenseful espically the first time I saw it.

The scene the way it was redone in the Zombie script sounded pretty cool. Laurie's trying to get back in the house, sees Michael getting closer and closer, but when she looks back... he's gone.

Sure, the odds were high that he went in the backway like he did. But he knew Laurie would have to go back into the house anyway, if she wanted to save the kids.

Kind of a salute to the original mindfucker MM.

Agreed. It is creepy both ways. seeing him getting closer and closer and then watching him get closer and then disappear.

i would have like to see the scene where brackett finds "Laurie" and takes her away to the hospital in the other town

I would have liked to see that and the aftermath.

Definitely the laundry room scene when annie gets stuck in the window. It was hilarious with the old annie, and this annie probably would have been funnier considering she'd probably be talking to herself and bitching and Lindsey.

Good idea. It was suspenseful for me because you knew Michael was outside watching....

MichaelMyers04
01-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I'd definately add a proper opening credits. I was really hoping to get something with a pumpkin, but hell we didn't even GET the opening credits!

I'd want it to be simple, yet very Halloweenish (pumpkin is the BEST way to go IMO).

renee30152
01-19-2008, 04:53 PM
I agree. Maybe if they have another movie, it will have a pumpkin opening. :D

MichaelJrdnMyrs
01-19-2008, 05:15 PM
I agree. Maybe if they have another movie, it will have a pumpkin opening. :D

Rob Zombie's movie originally had a pumpkin opening, but it was a dude "skull fucking" the pumpkin, and the studio thought that was a bit much.

renee30152
01-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Yeah that would have been a bit too much... defnitly a little too much. I am glad he left that out. :D

scoob
01-20-2008, 02:40 AM
I do miss the old pumpkin opening scenes - hate to make a bad comparison but its similar to like watching a Superman movie without the Superman credits zooming on screen.

I like all the opening credits up to part 5, even though the slashing of the pumpkin was alright for it's time.

No excuse for the diabolical credit scenes we have had since then, 6 was laughable, H20 was OK, and H8 was abysmal. This one suited a lesser tone and I think it works alright, but I do miss the opening credits that they used in the first three films.

Inhumane
01-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Ok if you could add any of your own scenes to this movie what would they be?

The problem with the Halloween remake is the writer and director. Rob Zombie should never have been chosen to write/direct such a classic film. He should stay on the concert stage and leave filmmaking to real directors.

wyatt s
01-20-2008, 03:36 PM
The problem with the Halloween remake is the writer and director. Rob Zombie should never have been chosen to write/direct such a classic film. He should stay on the concert stage and leave filmmaking to real directors.

I disagree, I think his direction of the film was pitch perfect. I don't think a Halloween film has been better directed since the fourth film. Now as for the writing, yes it was occasionally mediocre but the ideas were interesting and I think had he filter those ideas through working with somebody else (as in writing with somebody else or having somebody else write it under his guidance) those issues that I did have would have been able to be smoothed over rather easily.

LoriStrode07
01-22-2008, 08:13 AM
I would have added a scene where the neighbors witness him walking through the neighborhood. I would have had someone walk around with a halloween tee shirt on..one that is vintage that has the original movie poster on it.

krustytheklown
01-22-2008, 11:01 AM
I disagree, I think his direction of the film was pitch perfect. I don't think a Halloween film has been better directed since the fourth film. Now as for the writing, yes it was occasionally mediocre but the ideas were interesting and I think had he filter those ideas through working with somebody else (as in writing with somebody else or having somebody else write it under his guidance) those issues that I did have would have been able to be smoothed over rather easily.

ive said that all along. he has great instincts, he just needs an honest buffer who would tell him point blank what will and will not work for this film. the obvious part is that he needed drastic help with the writing. the entire myers family scenes should have been rewritten, as should michaels escape and much of the dialogue. i would love to see RZ come back for a sequel, with some help this time(although i know he wont)

Darth Revan
01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
I definitely would have added the scene where Sheriff Brackett talks about the break ins at the hardware store. For some reason I really liked that scene.

acorvinus
01-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Some more of Michael stalking the girls and Brackett and Dr Loomis checking out the Myers house.

Eric616
01-26-2008, 09:25 PM
I definitely would have added the scene where Sheriff Brackett talks about the break ins at the hardware store. For some reason I really liked that scene.
That wouldn't make sense.