PDA

View Full Version : The Theater I saw Halloween in Rant !

dbzguy
09-01-2007, 03:14 AM
I didnt really want to post this in any of the other threads because this is really just a rant on the theater experience I had while watching RZ's Halloween...

First off... what kind of parents bring toddlers to this kind of a movie??? Like seriously there were a bunch of kids way way too young to be seeing a movie like this in the theater I was in.. and of course they got terrified and started crying/screaming which pissed me off for like 10 min...

Then there were some younger guys in back of us who of course had to repeat certain lines in the movie and throw in their commentary at certain parts...

Also... certain groups of people started laughing at certain parts in the movie which was annoying as hell ....

I swear to Christ its getting harder and harder to go see movies anymore with the general public!!

end rant...

PG Soul
09-01-2007, 04:13 AM
I didnt really want to post this in any of the other threads because this is really just a rant on the theater experience I had while watching RZ's Halloween...

First off... what kind of parents bring toddlers to this kind of a movie??? Like seriously there were a bunch of kids way way too young to be seeing a movie like this in the theater I was in.. and of course they got terrified and started crying/screaming which pissed me off for like 10 min...

Then there were some younger guys in back of us who of course had to repeat certain lines in the movie and throw in their commentary at certain parts...

Also... certain groups of people started laughing at certain parts in the movie which was annoying as hell ....

I swear to Christ its getting harder and harder to go see movies anymore with the general public!!

end rant...

I suppose that is why it's good that the movie will be rated 18 over here in the UK.

So nobody under 18 is allowed into the screen, as for those talking and passing comments throughout the duration of a movie. Sometimes you just have to get up and tell them to quieten down or go to a showing where you know the turnout will be low.

Sunday morning, first showing of the days are best for movie rated 18 because most folk are still in bed! :)

renee30152
09-01-2007, 05:16 AM
I hope they aren't like this when I go in a few hours.
I am not surprised though. I saw some 5 years olds in Hostel as well as exas Chainsaw Massacre and almost every horror movie I have been to in the movies have had little kids in attendance and I understand the frustration. It ticks me off to NO end!

Knockworstface
09-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Myself and my girlfriend saw the 1st matinee show yesterday. The theater had no obnoxious distrations at all.

We both love this film. The best Halloween, since the original.:D

I reccomend going to early shows. Were going again to see the 10:45am show today.

I really love this film. I don't understand all of the negative hooplah surrounding this.

I swear people like to complain just to complain.

Pug-a-Licious
09-01-2007, 06:26 AM

end rant...

Aww so I'm not alone! LOL

There were at least 10 people under the age of 6 in mine, including a baby. I don't agree with that, but they aren't my kids..I left MY kids at home.

It was the stupid fucks behind me that pissed me off. There was a girl who felt the need to announce that she was a lesbian (repeatedly) and every time a female came on I'd hear 'let me break off a piece of that' and "look at that ass" and also repeated lines in the movie, sarcastic and would make fun of the people dieing. THANK GOD she left in the middle of the movie, I thought I might strangle her LOL

EmotionlessFace
09-01-2007, 06:31 AM
I completely agree. When I saw it (late at night) bunch of "upcoming teenagers" were there just watching this movie...and having a good laugh...I bet 90% of people there never watched any previous Halloween before.

mcilroga
09-01-2007, 06:46 AM
The people I watch it with were, for the most part, thankfully pretty well-behaved. The sound and lighting were pretty on-queue, so I was happy (the theme was fantastic to hear in theatres again).

Also, somebody came in with a Michael Myers shirt, and it was pretty great. I was at the back and he was nearer the front, and I screamed at him, "hey buddy! Great shirt!" And we had a yelling conversation;

"Yeah! It's of the original!"
"I know, Laurie Strode's on the front!"
"I know!"

Then he sat down and everyone looked at us like we were retards. :laugh:

One person had to ruin it for me, though.

The ASSHOLE who came in with a bloody Jason costume! I could've strangled him right then and there; even I admired my restraint. Dumbass.

Oh yeah, and one kid (16, 17) shouted "Mmm Mmm!" when Danielle took her shirt off. 'Bout it.

A- theatre experience.

Pug-a-Licious
09-01-2007, 06:49 AM
The showing I saw it in was, thankfully, pretty well-behaved. The sound and lighting were pretty on-queue, so I was happy (the theme was fantastic to hear in theatres again).

Except for one person... The person?

The ASSHOLE who came in with a bloody Jason costume! I could've strangled him right then and there; even I admired my restraint. Dumbass.

Oh yeah, and one kid (16, 17) shouted "Mmm Mmm!" when Danielle took her shirt off. 'Bout it.

A- theatre experience.

I'm SO glad you had a good experience..mine was great after chick left behind me!

There was a lady a few seats to the side of me who got the crap scared out of her and amost fell out of her chair at one point in the movie..I had to laugh.

mcilroga
09-01-2007, 06:53 AM
I'm SO glad you had a good experience..mine was great after chick left behind me!

There was a lady a few seats to the side of me who got the crap scared out of her and amost fell out of her chair at one point in the movie..I had to laugh.

Did she actually yell to the theatre that she was a lesbian? Damn, haha.

Anyway, when Myers crashed through the wallboards when Laurie was trying to get over the fence, EVERYONE jumped (including me). One lady yelled, "holy fucking shit!" It was great. :D

Pug-a-Licious
09-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Did she actually yell to the theatre that she was a lesbian? Damn, haha.

Anyway, when Myers crashed through the wallboards when Laurie was trying to get over the fence, EVERYONE jumped (including me). One lady yelled, "holy fucking shit!" It was great. :D

Oh yes, she found it quite necessary to yell it about four times...I have no idea why, no one cared either way LOL

Oh the people that were genuinely scared were GREAT, it made me enjoy the movie even MORE.

Todd
09-01-2007, 07:05 AM
There was a well behaved crowd at the theater when I went.
That was pure luck, though.
I don't go to the theater anymore unless it's a movie I just can't wait to see on dvd.
People just don't know how to act.

Pug-a-Licious
09-01-2007, 07:10 AM
There was a well behaved crowd at the theater when
People just don't know how to act.

That is true...I saw so many people using their cell phones and heard a few, but it wasn't that bad, the audio was pretty loud LOL!

HEcamehome
09-01-2007, 10:29 AM
There was only maybe five or six people in total when I went to go see it. Nobody talked throughout the movie. Some people laughed at parts here and there so I didn't mind that. The only thing that really pissed me off is that for the first five minutes or so during the little quote by Loomis and the whole breakfast scene, the projector was not on the screen all the way. The guy in front of me left to get somebody. Couple minutes later the screen was adjusted.

I have to say though, when the bully leaves school and the original Carpenter theme started playing, I just couldn't help myself but to start tapping my foor, bobbing my head tapping lightly on the arm rest while giving a big smile. I've been wanting to see a Halloween movie in theatre for almost ten years (I was too young to see Resurrection, even if a parent went with me) so this was very special for me, just as I know that it was special for a lot of you too. I had my faith in Zombie all along and he made a fucking great movie.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-01-2007, 10:35 AM
During the climax when I saw it the projection got all effed up-- what was supposed to be about 20% of the bottom of the screen was on the top, making it kind of hard to follow.

It was the 11:10 showing of the day, so there wasn't many people in the theater. And it was the freaking ending, so no one wanted to be the one to go out to tell somebody who works there what was going on.

About five minutes passed, the bottom-on-the-top ratio was growing, so somebody broke down and saved us all.

DarknessBDJM
09-01-2007, 11:10 AM
This is why I sit in the back, so there are less people around me to get annoyed at.

Myers Insurance
09-01-2007, 11:40 AM
I bet 90% of people there never watched any previous Halloween before.

I know the feeling. I did the blackest eyes monolouge Tuesday for my acting class and when I said it was from Halloween, with the exception of this one senior, they all go "IT'S NOT OUT YET!" and the guy goes "He probably meant the original version."

WhiteZombie
09-01-2007, 11:44 AM
There was nothing bad at the show I went to (AMC, 9:45pm). But I think its compleatly fucking mental to bring babys to movies. anything under 3....I mean your paying, they dont know whats going on, and they cry and piss of the entire crowd. You have to wonder wtf there thinking.

Stoferman87
09-01-2007, 11:51 AM
I saw it August 31st at 12:00 Midnight at the Drive in, Lets just say I actually looked at the car next to ours and said "damn I wish I brought my Knife with me" because the parents were in a diffrent care and left there kids all alone in 1 and they were making fuck of halloween and playing video games and screaming about them. My first view sucked, my 2nd was nice and silent

mmyers78
09-01-2007, 12:06 PM
the movie was awesome and the audio was blaring, and even that there was a group of kids that everyone had to yell at and tell them to shut up and they would yell right back until finally the ushers took some of them out of the theatre, and they kept laughing at everything (even the death scenes) and they were obnoxious, everytime someone told them shhh they would yell shhh back. there were a lot of kids there too, they must of been like 5 or 6 years old. a couple of kids that were sitting in front of me got kicked out because they didnt have tickets, they snuck in. it pissed me the hell off all the noise that was going on just from that one group of kids and when michael killed his family and he started walking towards laurie they kept screaming at the screen, you could tell they werent halloween fans.

theoutfieldguy
09-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Yeah,there was a kid in a stroller in the theatre we were in who kept talking through the film,but I was able to block it out for the most part.Unusual.My 2 worst experiences were in Jason X and Freddy vs Jason.There were loads of stoned teenagers in both of those films,repeating the lines and throwing shit in the theatre.

Dr_Loomis02
09-01-2007, 12:32 PM
It comes down to those who paid to get in, and those sneaking in. You can tell the difference right away.
Even some that pay are idiots, like people who bring their young kids..why? I mean, to Halloween? Yeah, it seems we just keep getting more stupid as a society.

MyersFan75
09-01-2007, 12:39 PM
I went to a local Studio Grill.

Great place to enjoy a flick. They have booths/tables with lounge chairs. Good food, too. The sound is booming and the screens are huge.

I lucked out. No one was bothersome, but I didn't like when many laughed towards the end when Laurie delivers the boogeyman line.

Talked to a guy who had an actual pair of bloodied up Carhartt coveralls on and the rotted up mask. His buddy had on the new t-shirt you can find in malls.

Myers Insurance
09-01-2007, 01:04 PM
It comes down to those who paid to get in, and those sneaking in. You can tell the difference right away.
Even some that pay are idiots, like people who bring their young kids..why? I mean, to Halloween? Yeah, it seems we just keep getting more stupid as a society.

*looks at president*
I agree.

MichaelMyers04
09-01-2007, 01:45 PM
I went to see this at 4 pm, and there were barely any people in the theatre. Maybe, 10, including me and my 2 friends. However, there was a couple in front of us, who brought 2 children (I'd say 8-9 years old), and very early on in the movie, they were telling their parents that this was really scary. I didn't pay much attention to them, but wondered why they even brought them here.

Khan
09-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I am going on a Sunday night, so I shouldn't encounter too many rowdy teens.

Padams
09-01-2007, 04:39 PM
When I went to buy our tickets for the 10.15pm showing last night .. they checked our ID's. Everyone with me, myself included, are no older than 23 -- yet, no younger than 21. We went and bought our pop and such .. walked to the entrance of theatre 13 (my favourite number) and the ushers were checking everyone's ID. It was amazing to see them turn people away .. I loved it.

The had the ushers checking the ID's all night .. so no one under 17 was allowed in, unless they were with a parent. We had a few 5-7 year olds, they were really quiet though. The teenagers were also quiet .. it was strange .. a packed theatre .. no noise .. I loved it.

mtd20_2000
09-01-2007, 04:51 PM
A baby was crying half of the time when I saw the movie....I was so tempted to go Michael Myer's on the parents!!

Hallowfanatix
09-01-2007, 05:00 PM
my movie going experience was ok at 7:30 last night. It was pretty packed. I really can't remember if there were any younglings there. I knew there were kids there ranging from 12 to 18 for sure. And yeah, I can't believe parents would bring any kid 8 years and under to ANY HALLOWEEN MOVIE!!:confused: Where the hell do they find its OK to bring a young kid to a frightening, murder-packed, graphic sex scene filled movie?! That just seems immoral and just plain wrong IMO. And every time a girl was seen naked or someone having sex a women who I couldn't for the life of me pine point, would go "EWWW" or "GROSS!" Its a friggen horror movie? what do you think, they are just gonna play leap-frog with leprachauns?! But my second viewing was a lot beeter. I went at like 3:05 and only 10 people were there. And it was a lot quieter.

metaldrumz
09-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeap this is why I Im fortunate to work odd hours. I work 3AM til 10AM, so movies I really wanna see I hit the very 1st showing.

I have no tolerance for rude assholes in theaters, and I have no problem standing up and putting these type of dipshits in check. Cell phones, kicking other patrons chairs, doing play by play fucking commentary, etc etc.....wtf is wrong with these mental midgets?

Respect nowadays is right out the window and if I'm around I'll smack it right back into them.

ColadaSplash
09-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I think I might have posted this before (maybe in another thread), but I'm brain dead, so I don't really remember...

The theatrical experience itself was pretty bad: A baby that wouldn't shut up; a three year old that kept pushing seats up and down. Seriously... No one was even watching the three year old. She could have easily just run through the exit, and no one would notice.

Come on now, use a condom. Sheesh...

Add to this the cell phone usage (one of the ADD inflicted kept opening and closing his cellphone lid about 1000 times -- literally). "If you aren't here to see the movie, stay home. I didn't pay $14 to put up with your shit." I think I scared the poor boy after telling him that. ;)

Roswell
09-01-2007, 06:20 PM
The audience I saw it with was totally into it. No complaints here.

renee30152
09-01-2007, 06:21 PM
I sit in the back as well and had a pretty good experience. There was a little girl about seven or eight (dumbarse parents. I SWEAR), but she didn't make a peep. Other then a few laugh lines. :D

naimas
09-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah what is with all the parents bringing toddlers and young kids? One father was trying to explain the whole story to his young son.

KID

Why is that man so mean, Daddy.

AUDIENCE

Shh!!!

DADDY

Because, son. He just is.

AUDIENCE

Shh!

renee30152
09-01-2007, 06:41 PM
lol There was a scene in I believe Scary Movie 2 or four and that lady keeps talking in the theatre and the people ended up stabbing her to death and then cheered when she died.
I agree. I saw a four year old in The Devil Rejects. A FOUR year old.
These parents need a parenting class, like totally.

metaldrumz
09-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah what is it with jackoffs having to open the cell phones a 1,000 times in the theater??

NEWSFLASH to any of these dickwads. YOU"RE NOT THAT IMPORTANT! Stop trying to act like you are? I swear some people cant take a fucking shit nowadays without being on the freakin cell phone.

Nevermind chinese torture, take away someones cell phone, and they'll be cryin like little bitches!

/rant LOL

renee30152
09-01-2007, 06:54 PM
lol I agree. You can turn your cellphone off for what like two hours. It is SO annoying. In both stores at checkout, restraunt or movie theatres. Please people.

TommyDoyle
09-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I went to the 10:15pm cst showing at the Rave theater in penscola, fl. There wasn't any kids in the theater that I noticed but alot of teenagers that seemed like they knew a little about halloween but couldn't shut up with there commentary through out the movie. Then there were some 25 year old white wanna be thugs in the back making overly loud comments when michael was in the background or during silence like "Damn" or "Oh Shit". The audience kept laughing at some of the most disturbing parts or random things like Laurie falling the empty pool. Why?

LordBoogeyman
09-02-2007, 12:30 AM
I went to the 10:15pm cst showing at the Rave theater in penscola, fl. There wasn't any kids in the theater that I noticed but alot of teenagers that seemed like they knew a little about halloween but couldn't shut up with there commentary through out the movie. Then there were some 25 year old white wanna be thugs in the back making overly loud comments when michael was in the background or during silence like "Damn" or "Oh Shit". The audience kept laughing at some of the most disturbing parts or random things like Laurie falling the empty pool. Why?

Why? Because audiences are pretty fucking stupid in general. Unless something I want to see makes it way into some indie or artsy theatre around me, I don't go anymore. Thankfully Halloween had enough of a demand to make it to the indie run theatre. Regal can kiss my ass. As an aside to the bringing kids thing, I think it's up to the discretion of the person bringing them, whether or not the kid is mature enough for the material they're about to see. I took my much younger sister who's only 13, but I've been watching the horror movies and the Halloween series in particular with her since she was much younger. Halloween is her favorite. I guess it depends how the child was raised and how they've been exposed to certain things. Good parenting can go a long way in helping a young person distinguish fantasy from reality, and for me the rating is really an afterthought to the material itself. I don't agree with just bringing your young kid along without any warning because you just wanna get out and maybe couldn't find a babysitter, maybe this kid can't handle a scary movie or whatever. But if you see a younger person and they're with someone, it's not always the case that this is a sign of absent or bad parenting, in fact it may be more a sign of the opposite.

Faith
09-02-2007, 01:05 AM
I went to the 4:15pm showing here with my sister and I was shocked to see people walking in with their small children, a couple in strollers! Thankfully they were pretty quiet during the movie but I can't believe parents would bring their toddlers and young children to a movie like this. What's wrong with these people?

FooFighters
09-02-2007, 01:11 AM
The theatre I went to was annoying as hell! Of course there had to bet he asshole that thought he could get his comedy carrer started by making fun of the movie. And there was this dumb bitch that laughed at everything he said that sat a couple seats away from me. Sorry for the cursing I was just sooo annoyed.

jimmymiro12
09-02-2007, 05:52 AM
I really hope I dont have this problem.

paxil.loomis.
09-02-2007, 06:37 AM
friday night myself and two other friends went to see it. luckily everyone respected the movie enough to take it in without noise, 95% of the time. the rest i could deal with (little comments here and there, near the end a "stupid bitch" comment yelled at the screen) - but then we went again saturday night and all of the morons were apparent.
in fact we almost had a fight break out between someone noisy group and another group who kept telling them to shove it and shut up.
but then again the nighttime showings on the weekend usually do have an assload of idiot kids. ah well, i enjoyed both times anyways.

chubbs
09-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Well, I went yesterday, and had a very poor audience experience. Okay there was like 30 of us in there.. not enough in my opinion. Yeah, I swear, me and my aunt and dad were the oldest one's there. And I am 16. I sat away from my family members so I could really enjoy it. Well, all the kids kept yelling that, and I quote, the follwing:

"Bitch, watch out. Jason gonna cut your ass."

I hate crap like that.

mr_casper_sgv
09-02-2007, 07:51 AM
I hate when they laugh at parts that are not funny, I think there just scared, so thats why they laugh to try to cover it up for later when they go to sleep lol. anyways try going to a theature in the black community :roflmao:

I completely agree. When I saw it (late at night) bunch of "upcoming teenagers" were there just watching this movie...and having a good laugh...I bet 90% of people there never watched any previous Halloween before.

Superman
09-02-2007, 08:02 AM
I think I might have posted this before (maybe in another thread), but I'm brain dead, so I don't really remember...

The theatrical experience itself was pretty bad: A baby that wouldn't shut up; a three year old that kept pushing seats up and down. Seriously... No one was even watching the three year old. She could have easily just run through the exit, and no one would notice.

Come on now, use a condom. Sheesh...

Add to this the cell phone usage (one of the ADD inflicted kept opening and closing his cellphone lid about 1000 times -- literally). "If you aren't here to see the movie, stay home. I didn't pay $14 to put up with your shit." I think I scared the poor boy after telling him that. ;)
You paid $14.00 to see a movie? If that's how much they were here, I'd never go. Rip-off!!!!

mr_casper_sgv
09-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Yea I hope that was for 2 people.

You paid $14.00 to see a movie? If that's how much they were here, I'd never go. Rip-off!!!!

Myers Insurance
09-02-2007, 08:07 AM
The tickets at most of the theatres here are between $7.50-$9.50

Superman
09-02-2007, 08:10 AM
I anyways try going to a theature in the black community :roflmao: What does that have to do with anything? :confused: That sounds racist.

Fiberawptic
09-02-2007, 09:00 AM
90% percent of the people were all ghetto and crap at my theater. They wouldnt shut up and if michael popped out of no where, some guy would shout "Ohhh, im so scared" as a joke and everyone would talk back or obnoctiously laugh. Then these group of kids next me were adding their own commentary to it. And at a time, 4 people had cell phones on and glaring in my eyes and they were 5 rows ahead so i couldnt say anything. One guy was texting the whole movie through. One guy was taking pics of the screen with his phone. It was hard to enjoy the movie because of that. Maybe when i see it again i like the movie itself more, we shall see..

mr_casper_sgv
09-02-2007, 09:51 AM
lol but its true.

What does that have to do with anything? :confused: That sounds racist.

Evil on 2 legs
09-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Maybe I'll like this one , since it gets bashed lol (Rocky 6 got praise , natch I didn't care for it :/

renee30152
09-02-2007, 01:55 PM
14.00 geex. Is this in Americain dollars? :D

mr_casper_sgv
09-02-2007, 03:07 PM
The comedien Martin Lawrence talked about how his black people talk to through out the whole movie! lol he was like "now if you see black people walk in a theature, you know damn well they are gonna talk to that whole motha $%@^*

FooFighters
09-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Well, all the kids kept yelling that, and I quote, the follwing:

"Bitch, watch out. Jason gonna cut your ass."

I hate crap like that.

Damn that was hilarious!!:roflmao: Do you remember the scene were Michael as a child was eating the candy corn then got a knife out of the drawer, well when he did that this guy screamed out and I quote, "Oh shit, that n**** ain't cookin'!"

Stuff like that made my time even more unenjoyable.

Worthystevens
09-02-2007, 03:24 PM
I had a 'meh' experience with my experience. The couple sitting in my aisle giggled and talked throughout the movie, while everyone else was taken in by the movie.

Khan
09-02-2007, 05:57 PM
My theater was fine.

The people were very respectful.

hemmy
09-02-2007, 06:07 PM
The person behind me kept kicking my chair after nicely, and then meanly asking them to stop.

I went to the 10pm showing Friday night and the theater was pretty full except for the front 4-5 rows

People did laugh a lot, but sometimes so did I because while I liked the movie the dialogue was sometimes that bad.

Not that many complaints though.

ColadaSplash
09-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah, it's $14 for Friday/Saturday night (after 6pm) around here. That's the most expensive time; however, prices did increase in the last several years.

Probably too much, but it doesn't really bother me because I don't go every week. I don't really go more than a couple times a year, and it's something fun to do with people.

The dinner after, on the other hand...

Frazetta
09-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Other than a near race war breaking out towards the climax it was a good experience. It does seem like some ppl buy tickets to a movie, espically a horror movie, to simply ruin it for others.

A funny thing did happen to me as I was walking into the theatre. A woman was following her boyfriend or husband while carrying a small child in a carrier. When they stopped in front of us to look for a seat she noticed that I was looking at her holding the baby & embarrisingly stated that she was sorry but their babysitter canceled at the last minute.

Khan
09-02-2007, 08:55 PM
$14 is way too much for a movie ticket.

Frazetta
09-02-2007, 08:59 PM
$14 is way too much for a movie ticket. I know guys that wouldn't pay 14 bucks for a handjob let alone a movie ticket....

Khan
09-02-2007, 09:13 PM
I can get movie passes from work for $8 each.

Superman
09-02-2007, 09:26 PM
embarrisingly stated that she was sorry but their babysitter canceled at the last minute.

Then they should've stayed home.

Worthystevens
09-02-2007, 09:28 PM
I can usually get a college student discount for $7.50 for the evening shows.

mr_casper_sgv
09-02-2007, 09:29 PM
How funny how you mention that, that same shit happend to me, were you in monrovia? lol.

I had a 'meh' experience with my experience. The couple sitting in my aisle giggled and talked throughout the movie, while everyone else was taken in by the movie.

mr_casper_sgv
09-02-2007, 09:33 PM
I laughed at the parts in the beginning like when the Dad tells his daughter "step" right? I hope so, anyways I laughed when the part he said "man she has a nice dumper, talking about her booty, but anyways this one couple sitting next to us was annoying! this guy kept saying stupid shit, like "what no cum shot?" and all they did was giggle and talk throughout the whole movie, I can't wait till it comes out on DVD to watch it in peace.

Frazetta
09-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Then they should've stayed home. Or atleast made plans for a later showing (we were at the 7:45 show) to give them enough time to try & find a babysitter.

Masked Murderer
09-02-2007, 09:56 PM
My theatre experiance, unfortunately as opposed to most, was perfection :D

Saturday afternoon, about 30 people including myself and my uncle.

And...GASP...what's this?

Not a single infant, cell phone obsessed shit teenager or loud mouth frat boy/dumb bitchy chick to be found!!!

No one laughed, people were casually watching up until Ronnie's death..then you could cut the tension in the air with a butcher knife (couldn't resist :) )

And the best part?

Everyone was dead silent when Laurie left with Annie...

And when Michael killed Mason Strode, EVERY one of us jumped. It was the only time we jumped, but damned if we didn't JUMP!

Couldn't have asked for a better showing...As opposed to Transformers, SM3 and every other film I've seen this summer.

M M

Villain612
09-02-2007, 10:02 PM
My theater experience was pretty good.

Packed house - but I got there early, so I was able to get my regular seats (one row up, middle).

People, for the most part, were respectful of the film.

There was laughter at the parts that were expected to draw laughs. The two spots that there was unintentional humor was when it showed Loomis in the gun store, and the awkward "Was that the boogeyman" line.

There was one walkouts - a grandmother who took some of her grandsons to see it. I have no fucking clue what she was expecting when she paid money to see a R-Rated horror flick that features a knife wielding psycho.

There were a couple of infants there, which made me question the IQ of the parents - but unexpectedly they stayed quiet.

I think audience reaction was mixed - at least from what I gathered from my theater's viewing, and the people who were leaving the showing right before mine. A lot of "that was terrible" and "that sucked" but also some "Wow... that kicked ass" and "it was pretty good".

jigsaw_dude
09-02-2007, 10:06 PM
I came with my girlfriend to Halloween on Sunday September 2nd, the movie is actually rated 14a here (Canadian version of PG-13) which surprised me but the same time had me psyched that we don't have to sneak in or nothing. When we got in, a young couple came in with their baby in a stroller and I made it very clear that if that kid started crying, I'd fuckin flip, well I wasn't THAT rude. Although the baby never cried so I'm at least thankful for that. We actually came in at a 1:10 matinee so I guess there isn't any teens in the daytime, and there were only like 10 people there. The only problem in the theater is that for the first five minutes of the film, the screen kinda split up and like 20% of the bottom screen was at the top, this also happened for about two minutes when Michael shows his face to Laurie. Overall not a bad theater experience

9.5 out of 10 (I took a little off for the screen spliting thing)

Sam Loomis922
09-02-2007, 10:32 PM

end rant...

yeah i had a very similar experience, familes came to see, what is wrong with these people did they miss Robs name was over the title?. a group of dumbass girls in my row had to laugh at everything and I was gonna lose it until they eventually shut up at the end. and some peoplewere clapping at the end and others were booing.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Excerpted from my review:

...a few words for some of the people who "enhanced" my theater-going experience. To the dumbfuck cocksucking teenage boys behind me who wouldn't shut the fuck up even for thirty seconds during the entire film...I hope you died in an atrocious car accident on the way home from the theater. You have absolutely no idea how to live in a society that includes people other than yourselves. And we're staying...so hopefully, you're not. I gotta say, though, it was a nice touch how you talked through the announcement asking you not to talk. At least you were up-front about the fact that you were gonna ruin my night.

Next, to the complete fucking dipshits who brought their tiny little children to this movie...you're lucky you made it out of the theater. You really, really are. I carry a Stanley knife in my back pocket as a matter of habit, and I would hate to have to gut you in front of your children. The fact that even one person thought it wise to bring their "Under-5" to this R-rated horror film is pretty astonishing. The fact that someone else had the same genius idea is beyond incredible.

And of course, to the guys who were gonna see this movie with me and didn't show up...or call to let me know they weren't gonna show up...next time I see you fuckers, you damn well know it's on.

And finally, to the people who don't know how theater lighting is supposed to work...thank you for the massive fucking headache I received thanks to the lights not being down all the way, and the picture looking far too dark as a result. No, really...I love squinting at the screen with a fucking light shining down on my head. It's one of the things that makes life worth living. But, honestly, in all sincerity, and for the love of God...please learn how to do your fucking job.

Dr_Loomis02
09-03-2007, 01:49 AM
My third viewing was the best one I've had with an audience. People genuinely got into the film. I was with a friend who hadn't seen it, and he was scared throughout, which was fun.
There were a few unintentional laughs, like the boogeyman line, but everyone was really into the film. People jumped when Mason Strode was punched, when Michael busted through the wall, and the window. It was very enjoyable and I'm glad I saw it again.

Peter_
09-03-2007, 02:53 AM
I just got back from the movie theater. And to be honest, I feel quite screwed that I actually payed money to see this piece of garbage known as Rob Zombie's Halloween.

About 20 people in the theater at a 10:30 showing. The experience was pretty peaceful since there were so few people in the big theater.

What happened when the film ended? No cheers. No claps. EVERYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW DISSAPOINTING AND BAD THE FILM WAS - literally EVERYONE that I could over hear was just voicing their distaste for the film and bad acting.

All I must say, is I can see why... after seeing this poor film its no wonder why critics have been bashing it. What a total piece of crap.

jbyrd123
09-03-2007, 03:50 AM
Yeah I have two girls that are 2 and 6 me and my wife got a babysitter, I'm glad we did, too much violence and nudity and sex.....awsome for me not for my kids, there was like 50 or so teenagers at the theater I went to and I though oh god we wouldn't be able to hear the film but a Usher stayed in there the whole time so they were pretty well behaved.

Worthystevens
09-03-2007, 06:38 AM
What happened when the film ended? No cheers. No claps. EVERYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW DISSAPOINTING AND BAD THE FILM WAS - literally EVERYONE that I could over hear was just voicing their distaste for the film and bad acting.

Everyone, huh?

Todd
09-03-2007, 07:16 AM
My theater experience for this movie was pure bliss compared to what I usually get. There wasn't a lot of talking or general rudeness. That was to be expected the first time I saw it because it was early in the afternoon on Friday and school wasn't out yet. There were some teenagers, but they were outnumbered. On Saturday when I saw it again, the crowd wasn't quite as considerate, but it was tolerable. There was a time when you would get kicked out of a theater for talking to loudly, but people don't even get warned anymore. That's why I only go to the theater when I just can't wait for the dvd.

XBlackxShadeX
09-03-2007, 07:37 AM

end rant...

Idk why parents do that. That annoys the crap outta me to.

As far as comments go from other ppl...i just ignore it. it's by far very rude of them to do that no doubt. But yer gonna get that newhere ya go. So i dont let it get to me as much. If it's rele bad i turn around n tell them to shut up.

the laughing doesnt bother me its just ppl enjoying the film.

But i get wat yer saying. I hate being in movies where ppl r talking thru the whole thing n stuff. Dnt go watch a movie then...if u wanna say smthng say it in their ear n not loud where other ppl can hear u. U need to be respectful of other ppl around u ya no?

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-03-2007, 08:16 AM
Yeah I have two girls that are 2 and 6 me and my wife got a babysitter, I'm glad we did, too much violence and nudity and sex.....
Well, that's not the only reason not to bring a 2-year-old. The main reason is that everyone in the audience would absolutely hate you. :nodsmile:

When I see it again, I'm gonna go to an early showing...most people seem to go the the theater in the evening. I'm hoping to see it with a smaller crowd this time...where I can position myself strategically away from any problem people. I'm also gonna tell anyone who walks in with a baby to take it the fuck home.

shoe1985
09-03-2007, 08:24 AM
The two times I saw the movie had pretty much the same response. Nobody ever screamed, which is a first for me during a horror movie, usually some female gets scared, even during terrible movies.

The first time was at a midnight showing. There were some people dressed as Michael. Before the movie started, people were cheering and yelling for the movie to start. A nice atmosphere, and had me hyped. When the movie ended and I was walking out, the younger kids were all saying how it was better than the original. The older people were saying, "It was terrible," "It was over before it began," where was the build-up?"

The second time didn't have any excitement before the movie started, less people too. Like before, the crowd seemed mixed with the older people hating it, while the younger ones loving it.

Todd
09-03-2007, 08:32 AM
The two times I saw the movie had pretty much the same response. Nobody ever screamed, which is a first for me during a horror movie, usually some female gets scared, even during terrible movies.

The first time was at a midnight showing. There were some people dressed as Michael. Before the movie started, people were cheering and yelling for the movie to start. A nice atmosphere, and had me hyped. When the movie ended and I was walking out, the younger kids were all saying how it was better than the original. The older people were saying, "It was terrible," "It was over before it began," where was the build-up?"

Nobody screamed?
All that means is that there were no wussies in the audience.
As far as the conversations you heard afterwards go, what did you do?
Stick around to listen to everyones comments?
Did you interview the teenagers and adults, or did you somehow happen to catch all of this while walking out of the theater???

Well, that's not the only reason not to bring a 2-year-old. The main reason is that everyone in the audience would absolutely hate you. :nodsmile:

When I see it again, I'm gonna go to an early showing...most people seem to go the the theater in the evening. I'm hoping to see it with a smaller crowd this time...where I can position myself strategically away from any problem people. I'm also gonna tell anyone who walks in with a baby to take it the fuck home.
Go to the early Friday afternoon matinee.
Kiddies will still be in school and not likely to fuck up your viewing experience.
That's how it worked for me, at least.

nwiser
09-03-2007, 08:40 AM
$14 is way too much for a movie ticket.

Ehhh...it actually depends on the theater and the seats as to whether thats too much. At a Loews theater near me they have your regular seating which is pretty much like all the other seats in theaters across the country and then theres "premium" seating which is 2-3 times the cost of a regular ticket. I'm sure mine isnt the only one like this in the whole country.

What makes the seating "premium" is that they are positioned in the optimal viewing location about midway up in front of the screen, seats are numbered & you can reserve your specific seats ahead of time, the seats themselves are like leather covered recliners (several inches wider than the regular seats) and they come in pairs so that if you're with a significant other the middle armrest fold up and it becomes almost like a small couch/loveseat. Additionally in those seats they let you drink alcoholic beverages (should you be so inclined), they serve restaurant quality food to you, and you have your own special entrance/exit to the section as well as bathrooms.

shoe1985
09-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Nobody screamed?
All that means is that there were no wussies in the audience.
As far as the conversations you heard afterwards go, what did you do?
Stick around to listen to everyones comments?
Did you interview the teenagers and adults, or did you somehow happen to catch all of this while walking out of the theater???

I caught everything walking out and in the bathroom people were discussing the movie.

My friends and I were discussing the movie and a few people stopped and talked to us about it. We didn't like the second half, but liked the first half. They liked the second half, but not so much the first. They felt the first half moved too slow for them, but the second was great with everything moving like a slap in the face, no time to stop for a breather.

$14 for a ticket? My god, all the theaters near my house are around $8. These are state of the art theaters too.

mcilroga
09-03-2007, 09:12 AM

The second time didn't have any excitement before the movie started, less people too. Like before, the crowd seemed mixed with the older people hating it, while the younger ones loving it.

I swear you live in a completely different world than me... either that or all the people in your theater were delusional. Better than the original? Too fast? Zombieween is by far the longest film in the entire Halloween franchise, so I don't much see how anyone could complain about it "being over before it began." Nevermind that it has three different components in it. Did you correct these people?

And how do you HEAR all this shit anyway?

Not pointing this at you, shoe, but is it just me or do most haters say that everyone in the theater hated it and most lovers say everyone in the theater loved it? This never fails to amuse me. :D

XBlackxShadeX
09-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Not pointing this at you, shoe, but is it just me or do most haters say that everyone in the theater hated it and most lovers say everyone in the theater loved it? This never fails to amuse me. :D

I rele agree with you there.

Todd
09-03-2007, 09:20 AM
I'll be honest and admit that I have no idea what the people in the theater I saw it with thought about the movie. I didn't hear any grumbling nor did I hear anyone proclaiming it to be the greatest movie ever. The truth be told, I don't remember hearing a lot of post movie conversations in the theater about the quality of any film I've seen. People are too busy throwing away their empty popcorn bags and drink cups, getting their families together, and heading for the restroom to stop and have a pow wow with each other about what they thought of the film.

mcilroga
09-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I didn't listen to people's reactions because I just didn't care. Haha, what I picked up I picked up, because I wasn't going to plug my ears and scream, "I'm not listening!" but the point is made. I heard screams during the film obviously (one loud one and a "holy shit!" that had the theater roaring), but once the movie was over, people cleared out, talking. It's like walking down a hallway in highschool; you hear conversations but you don't particularly listen. And I was talking, anyway...

RazorBlade101
09-03-2007, 02:16 PM
People will never be satisfied ... UNLESS THE MOVIE IS ALMOST LIKE AN EXACT COPY OF THE ORIGINAL ... I bet when Halloween II came out, there was critics shitting on it ...

But actually ... I know nobody personally who dislikes the movie. The newspaper gave it good reviews ... All of my family and friends love it ... People I talk to ... So I dont hear anything bad from where I am.

Patrick1679
09-03-2007, 02:22 PM
90% percent of the people were all ghetto and crap at my theater. They wouldnt shut up and if michael popped out of no where, some guy would shout "Ohhh, im so scared" as a joke and everyone would talk back or obnoctiously laugh. Then these group of kids next me were adding their own commentary to it. And at a time, 4 people had cell phones on and glaring in my eyes and they were 5 rows ahead so i couldnt say anything. One guy was texting the whole movie through. One guy was taking pics of the screen with his phone. It was hard to enjoy the movie because of that. Maybe when i see it again i like the movie itself more, we shall see..

It's Rob Zombies fault. Damn it!:bastard:

Trooper#4
09-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Not a ton of talking in my theater, but people were laughing in the wrong places. Michael wearing the big mask had people cracking up. Laurie getting up after falling through the roof....lots of laughing. Laurie screaming at the end...more laughs.

RazorBlade101
09-03-2007, 02:29 PM
The new Halloween is a straight up good fuckin movie. I dont care what anybody says ... But everywhere around here and from everybody I have heard from, they agree ... Its just different. So For some Halloween fans, they have to watch it twice because its something they are not used to from this movie. Its a new feel.

dcamax
09-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Most people were ok, a few wispers and giggles throughout. No one seemed scared at all, and most were laughing during the Judith Myers death scene when young Michael was wearing the mask two sizes too big for him. I have to say that there were no cheers or applause after the movie ended. It was a bit sad.

MacG
09-03-2007, 04:49 PM
i saw it 3 times so far. the first time was at noon on opening day, and that was a good experience. mostly hardcore fans because one of the guys in front of me after the movie said "you guys know thats the little girl from halloween 4 and 5 right?" I was so happy someone else knows about the halloween series. then i went again that night, surrounded by the teenager crowd. I was actually surprised, a sold out theater behaved pretty well. They did laugh at some parts that were unnecessary but thats about it. and after the movie, there was a pretty big applause, which i was very happy about. the worst experience was Sunday night. There were 3 kids behind me, probably around 8 or 9 years old, with their father. Every 15 minutes or so, they all looked at their dad and said "daddy i'm scared i wanna go home." Then instead of leaving, he told them to just go to the bathroom. They got up atleast 4 times during the movie, everytime hitting my head and they walked down the aisle. One of the dumb kids thought he was cool after the movie was over and said "I didn't get scared at all." Yea right kid.

MrShape666
09-03-2007, 09:14 PM
I saw this in a theater here in Southern California, and found myself being herded into the theater like a prisoner. We were actually kind of kept seperate from the othe filmgoers as if we carried some kind of horror fan virus, and one poor guy who brought his two dauthers (early teens) to the film suffered a lot of scrutiny from some of the managers, who kept pressing him if he was sure he wanted to take them.

Didn't I used to go to the movies to have fun.

Dr_Loomis02
09-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Most people were ok, a few wispers and giggles throughout. No one seemed scared at all, and most were laughing during the Judith Myers death scene when young Michael was wearing the mask two sizes too big for him. I have to say that there were no cheers or applause after the movie ended. It was a bit sad.

I almost found the part where he is wearing the mask and walking down the hall a bit akward...but it was so short, and the brutality of the murders up to that point, really took any accidental humor out of the scene for me.

Demonswrath
09-04-2007, 04:55 AM
I saw the midnight showing with many people packing the theater here in Indianapolis. People all left shaking their heads at the end of the film. No one liked it. Outside, people were tearing it to shreds. My first reaction was looking over at my 10 year old daughter and asked what she thought. Her expression said everything. She was very dissappointed with how they chose to handle it. She wasn't scared at all except for the cheap jumps in a couple scenes. It's really sad. I wanted to like this movie. This meant breathing new life into a very loved series. I would have been very happy to see it start from scratch and see beautifully done sequels that would not get lost in the same continuity horror that had happened in the past. I seriously doubt that will happen now. The Weinsteins' have now said that they won't say never, but probrobly will never be another Halloween film. It's a shame those jackasses bought the damn rights. So no matter what happens, we won't be seeing another Halloween film. At least not until someone buys the rights from them. This film just was not handled well at all. It seems like that type of film is all that Rob can do. Everything has to be EXTREME!!! As much as I've always liked that guys music and his second film, he really hit a sore spot in jumping in and doing Halloween before he was truly ready to take on such a task. He really needed quite a few more films on his belt before this. Maybe he could have done better.

Khan
09-04-2007, 04:58 AM
The people in my theater weren't cheering in the aisles either, although someone will probably say that Canadians are weird. :bastard:

Latin Razkal
09-07-2007, 03:12 PM
I saw it at a matinee not alot of people which i liked cause I didn't want any idiots to ruin my movie experience like when I saw Scream 3 years back.A bunch of teenagers running around,throwing shit and sneaking in their friends through the exit door.I almost got hit in the hand with something and yelled at one of those lil bastards lol, finally someone complained and the ushers removed the ones that had no tickets

Dr. Wynn
09-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Only my brother and I were in the theater. No joke only the two us. At first I was a little disappointed that nobody was there but then I recalled some of my past theater experiences (when I was there to only watch the movie) and I figured it could have been worse.

Todd
09-07-2007, 04:40 PM
The people in my theater weren't cheering in the aisles either, although someone will probably say that Canadians are weird. :bastard:
No, that doesn't make Canadians weird.
In fact, it would be weird if people were cheering in the aisles afterwards.
Seriously, who does that?
I loved the movie, but when it was over, I didn't start applauding wildy and jumping up and down. I just took my empty soda cup and half eaten bag of popcorn to the nearest garbage can and then walked out of the theater.

nwiser
09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
No, that doesn't make Canadians weird.
In fact, it would be weird if people were cheering in the aisles afterwards.
Seriously, who does that?

While inappropriate for this film...at the end of H20 in many theaters across the country, as I've read on here, and as I witnessed in the theater I was in, people did cheer...though they didnt dance in the aisles. The reaction was likely due to support of Laurie's supposed defeat of Michael at the end though.

Todd
09-07-2007, 04:59 PM
While inappropriate for this film...at the end of H20 in many theaters across the country, as I've read on here, and as I witnessed in the theater I was in, people did cheer...though they didnt dance in the aisles. The reaction was likely due to support of Laurie's supposed defeat of Michael at the end though.
There was some applause in the theater I saw H20 in when that happend, but that was because it was so shocking. The end of RZ's Halloween wasn't designed to elicit applause, I don't think. It was supposed to be disturbing. It might have failed in some peoples eyes, but the fact that people didn't applaud isn't something I take as a diss on the movie.

jbyrd123
09-07-2007, 05:14 PM

I never thought of that but your right, my 2 year old would probably get me killed in there, all that time I felt I was protecting her morale fiber, and getting a piece of ass from my wife.