PDA

View Full Version : Zombies Vs Infected

TommyDoyle2
08-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Digging on 28 Days Later at the moment, and I know they'll be some protest to me starting this thread in the Zombie neighborhood, as most discussions on 28 Days Later and the sequel revolve around how the infected are NOT zombies, but anyway...

Which is a scarier entity, the zombie or the infected? I'd prefer to face an army of zombie's over the infected. There's also something more disturbing about a virus, hence a 'sickness' invading your body and turning you into a drooling, clawing animal of hate. I wouldn't be happy to face a zombie, but I just found the Infected A LOT worse an idea to deal with.

Psych0ticNemes1s
08-28-2007, 08:37 AM
I believe that zombies are a bit scarier because everyone who dies will become a zombie. After the infected die, they're dead. A virus has the ability to be cured. The undead cannot be cured.

viperswat
08-28-2007, 09:20 AM
In most movies, Zombies can be cured by blowing their head off. :)

And the virus in those two films is no mere viral infection with a known cure. It's a pandemic that spreads rapidly. Not dissimilar from bubonic plague, typhus, tuberculosis and smallpox. Now that's terrifying.

TommyDoyle2
08-28-2007, 09:27 AM
In most movies, Zombies can be cured by blowing their head off. :)

And the virus in those two films is no mere viral infection with a known cure. It's a pandemic that spreads rapidly. Not dissimilar from bubonic plague, typhus, tuberculosis and smallpox. Now that's terrifying.

Especially in this day and age, where the threat of germ warfare and the like is rampant. What scared me the most, is unlike a zombie movie, something like this could actually happen.

halo thirty one
08-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Just based on their behavior, viruses and everything else aside, the infected seem to be scarier. Zombies are slow moving and pretty dim, where the infected run at you, screaming all the way. They also seem to be a bit brighter than zombies. I guess that's my biggest complaint about the Dawn of the Dead remake; their zombies behaved like infecteds.

As far as which one I'd rather end up as, if that unfortunate time ever occurs, it would be infected. At least there is a slim chance of being cured.

TommyDoyle2
08-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Just based on their behavior, viruses and everything else aside, the infected seem to be scarier. Zombies are slow moving and pretty dim, where the infected run at you, screaming all the way. They also seem to be a bit brighter than zombies. I guess that's my biggest complaint about the Dawn of the Dead remake; their zombies behaved like infecteds.

As far as which one I'd rather end up as, if that unfortunate time ever occurs, it would be infected. At least there is a slim chance of being cured.

I wish Frank, Hannah's dad had been cured. I know there was the radical alternatve ending on the DVD, but Boyle dismissed it for being to unrealistic. Still, he was my favourite character and I was sad when he died. :(

Gerry f'n D
08-28-2007, 10:36 AM
I'd rather be chased by zombies than the infected.I'd say i would have more of a chance of out running the Zombies than i would with the infected.

cheers

Khan
08-28-2007, 12:35 PM
I believe that zombies are a bit scarier because everyone who dies will become a zombie. After the infected die, they're dead. A virus has the ability to be cured. The undead cannot be cured.

That about sums it up.

FooFighters
08-28-2007, 12:38 PM
What scared me the most, is unlike a zombie movie, something like this could actually happen.

Me too, that's what freaks me out about those movies.

Khan
08-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I think that zombies could happen with all of the scientists playing God.

TommyDoyle2
08-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I think that zombies could happen with all of the scientists playing God.

I think the idea of a lunatic terrorist group unleashing something like the virus in 28 days Later is more realistic than any of the Dead movies. If Osama could get his hands on a virus like that, we'd be screwed, and I'm sure in some lab somewhere something like it exists. I'm sure we could artificially create a sickness that erases the very concept of humanity in a person, 'restoring' them if you will to a primal, violent ID. Bio-Weaponary divisions would probably use it to create the ultimate soldiers.

Infected's freaked me out definitely. I love the Church scene, and how two infecteds sit up and stare at Jim with gaping mouths, not moving, but waiting for the priest to pop out and take him. This showed alot more intelligence and cunning than the average zombie. And the rats...the idea something so filthy would run away in disgust and fear from infecteds made my stomach turn even more.

Rich
08-28-2007, 08:16 PM
The infected suck. I hate the stupid modern "infected" crap.

TommyDoyle2
08-29-2007, 07:41 AM
The infected suck. I hate the stupid modern "infected" crap.

Zombie flicks aren't usually my thing, but I don't think I've ever really been frightened of the traditional zombie. Reading Pet Sematary was scary, the whole Timmy Baterman story, but they were more demonically possessed corpses than zombies, so I guess thats different. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Infected scared the hell out of me though. They were fast and mean. When Jim was ambushed by the two infecteds who jumped through the window, I was scared shitless. Also the idea that a virus could be unleashed like that added to the fear, plus the notion, what if it happened to me?

Jim was lucky in that he made a new family with other survivors, but what if you were in the same situation and left stranded? With no-one else? All alone? Wandering around your ghost-town city alone, spending the rest of your life running from demented freaks? This movie got to me like no film has in quite awhile. Also, it was quite a touching film, strange for the horror genre. I genuinely liked and cared for the 'family' unit Jim found himself.

WhiteZombie
08-31-2007, 07:55 AM
In combat, In Infected would be more of a threat, there faster and more vicious. But, I still think Zombies are way scarier. Infected die like regular humans, a few well placed gun shots, etc. Zombies could crawl around with no limbs, its all in the head. Also, if you had a very, very good stronghold, you could wait out the infection, wait for them to starve. Zombies never starve.

Also to throw in, for my love of Zombes. The site of a mass amount of Zombies, just wandering around aimlessly, groaning....Is WAY scarier then a bunch of rabid people.

FooFighters
08-31-2007, 01:58 PM
Zombies are scary because if you die, then you will become one. But the infected spread faster because it is a virus. Either it be airborne or through blood. So I would have to say that the infected are "scarier."

Rich
09-01-2007, 04:16 PM
The infected will become zombies once they die and there will always be more zombies then infected.

Khan
09-01-2007, 04:26 PM
In 28 Days Later, the Infected could starve to death, as they needed sustenance.

When infected with rage, they focused their attention on attacking others, and were burning up all of the energy in their body.

viperswat
09-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah, but if there's even one of these guys around, or a carrier, the virus can still spread.

Twisted Sister
09-16-2008, 08:38 AM
I would be more terrified of the Infected as they move much, much faster than traditional zombies, and obviously have a better sense for the hunt. Both would be terrifying to behold, but would have a better chance getting away from zombies.

Hallow's Eve
09-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Good point! I would have to agree, the infected would be a lot harder to get away from!

Twisted Sister
09-17-2008, 12:44 PM
On the other hand :), seeing a zombie would disturb me more in the sense that they were once alive and it could be someone you know and love, and "coming back" to life is pretty much impossible, so harder to comprehend and deal with.
The infected are just that, and like mentioned before, die quicker. And stay dead. So I think I'd be more disturbed at the sight of a zombie, but more afraid of the infected.

zombie commando
10-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Running zombies, Return of the Living Dead biology, and laser shooting eyeballs; humanity is finished.....

sharkboy
10-02-2008, 12:41 PM
I'll take zombies....although I'm sure they both die the same way...it's just that with the infected, you might not get a chance to find out

Twisted Sister
10-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Not to mention, the Squad is a bunch of experts....:)

sharkboy
10-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Not to mention, the Squad is a bunch of experts....:)

I'm still getting my sea-legs...so to speak ;)

Twisted Sister
10-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Hahah...can't wait to get off that ship.

Well, Zombies pretty much get the head-shot, the Infected you can pretty much do anything to, just alot harder to catch.