PDA

View Full Version : How many times are you gonna see this movie?

mcilroga
08-24-2007, 02:09 AM
All in the title. How many times do you plan to see RZ's Halloween in theatres?

Khan
08-24-2007, 03:17 AM
I will see it once.

I never see a movie twice in theaters.

Villain612
08-24-2007, 03:41 AM
Probably at least twice.

If its good, then maybe an extra time or two.

I really enjoy the big-screen theater experience so I don't mind going to see a movie several times. I think the most I did for a movie was probably 4 or 5 times for Episode III, which was a beautiful movie to see on the big screen.

FooFighters
08-24-2007, 05:21 AM
I'll see it opening night, and probably go to the drive-in another time to see it.

Man In Black
08-24-2007, 05:24 AM
I guess it would depend on how good it was. If it's abysmal, probably just the once. I will ocassionally see a movie more than once in the cinema if I really liked it and didn't want to wait for DVD (more recently Batman Begins, Saw II & III and Zodiac).

Flash Over
08-24-2007, 05:54 AM
Depends. I know Im seeing it twice for sure, but if I like it all THAT much, well I can see myself going to it like 5 or 6 times

samhainmcdowell
08-24-2007, 05:57 AM
About 8 times, I see all of robs movies about 5 times apiece but since its HALLOWEEN i guess i'll see it double!!!!!!

mr32
08-24-2007, 06:06 AM
Bro it depends on how good it is. If i like i will view it 2 more times.

Flash Over
08-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Some people are going to love it anyway...bad or good

Captain Mal
08-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Went to see H20 twice. Will probably do the same with this one. Dammit we've to wait til October for it to come out. Ah well, at least we're seasonal.

samhainmcdowell
08-24-2007, 06:24 AM
You dumb sun of a bitch you said you saw myers

Captain Mal
08-24-2007, 06:35 AM
You dumb sun of a bitch you said you saw myers

That's the one. Probably the greatest joke in the whole Halloween franchise!

Kinick
08-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Since i don't see the point in torturing myself until it comes out here, i'll probably see it first chance i get on a copy DVD. If it's any way decent (better than atleast 2 or sequels) i'll watch in the cinema on Halloween.

WhiteZombie
08-24-2007, 07:01 AM
Assuming its as good as I hope, and think it will be, I'll probalbly see it twise. The issue is that im under 18, which means I need sombody over with me to get in. Minimal 2 times though....one being opening night

halo thirty one
08-24-2007, 07:06 AM
I know I'll see it at least twice. The second time will be to see if I was right about my initial reaction to the first time I saw it. Sometimes it takes me a couple of viewings to get a feel for a movie. If I really like it, it could be 3 or 4 theatrical viewings.

Flash Over
08-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Assuming its as good as I hope, and think it will be, I'll probalbly see it twise. The issue is that im under 18, which means I need sombody over with me to get in. Minimal 2 times though....one being opening night

How old are you? Im only 16 but I can easily pass for 18. If you think you could pass for 18 then by all means, go.

Khan
08-24-2007, 07:14 AM
About 8 times, I see all of robs movies about 5 times apiece but since its HALLOWEEN i guess i'll see it double!!!!!!

So even if you don't like it by chance, you will see it eight times?

Gerry f'n D
08-24-2007, 07:17 AM

So that would make it 10 times then

I very rarely go & see the same movie twice at the cinema.If i really like it the first time then there could be a good chance that i'd go & see it again.

cheers

WhiteZombie
08-24-2007, 07:19 AM
How old are you? Im only 16 but I can easily pass for 18. If you think you could pass for 18 then by all means, go.

Im turning 17 in September. Somedays I pass, but others the people working just want to be a pain in the ass, and ask for the ID I dont have. Im goign with my Dad and some friends opening night, and I got a few broke friends over 18 for next time haha.

Laow-Z
08-24-2007, 07:20 AM
I'll probably just see it once and then buy it when it comes on DVD (of course)

** also edited the thread title, took out Bitch, not needed **

Khan
08-24-2007, 07:20 AM
I simply don't have the time or money to see a movie multiple times.

Roswell
08-24-2007, 09:39 AM
I'll see it once, and then maybe again if it's better than I expected.

DeanCorso
08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
None for me...since from the start i never been in favor of the idea of remaking this classic so i'll just wait to rent it on DVD.

njdevs03champs
08-24-2007, 09:55 AM
At least twice depending who wants to go with me.

MyersFan927
08-24-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't have the money that theaters are asking for to see a movie more than once. I only saw 2 movies twice in the theater and only paid for 1. And that was for a date. I can't go twice.

I'll see it one more time with the free movie ticket. Hopefully I can get some friends to come.

So it's 2.

A. Remin' D.
08-24-2007, 11:03 AM
At least twice.

Opening night I'm taking my friend. The second time... we'll see.

MichaelMyers04
08-24-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm probably going to watch this 2 times, unless it's completely horrid, then the first time will be enough. But I'm counting on the fact that it will atleast be decent.

Stage 3
08-24-2007, 11:36 AM
depending on how good it is, i will see it up to 3 times and then buy the special version on dvd when it comes out.

InTheDeep2007
08-24-2007, 01:08 PM
I guess it really depends on if you like it enough or not

Deckard
08-24-2007, 05:43 PM
If its as good as I think its gonna be...I've already lined up "movie dates" (aka, a bunch of different friends) all through the first week it opens...so I'm set to see it a bunch of times if I'm satisfied with it...

Muse
08-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Probably none :( Sucks not been old enough, and having strict cinemas around me not letting you in without ID. Annoying.

FooFighters
08-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Probably none :( Sucks not been old enough, and having strict cinemas around me not letting you in without ID. Annoying.

Wow, really. That sucks, I am going to see it with a couple friends including 1 who is over 18 so I can go see it.

DR.mixter
08-26-2007, 07:14 AM
I'll see it at least twice, can't wait to see how Danielle tackles the Annie character:lost: :spidey:

Knockworstface
08-26-2007, 07:45 AM
At least two times.:D

renee30152
08-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Has anyone been able to preorder tickets yet?

Dr.vicodin
08-26-2007, 01:40 PM
I will see it the day after opening and if its still out in october I will try to catch it on halloween.

Khan
08-26-2007, 04:17 PM
It might be in the dollar theaters by Halloween, but will probably be gone.

The Frightmaster
08-26-2007, 04:19 PM
I probably see it once. But if it's good and others want me to come along and watch it again I'll probably see it twice.

halloweenboy
08-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Im so waiting to see thismovie since last year... Im going to see it on friday w my sister and then go see it again on monday with my friends. Hearing the halloween music in the movies is so amazing and seeing the people reactions is so amazing. the dvd ill buy the day it comes out. Maybe it will be out for christmas.

MischievousSpirit
08-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Twice. Once opening day, and then once the next day with a couple of friends. And hopefully lots more when it comes to DVD. :nodsmile:

horrornut
08-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I've already seem it once but one more time should do it.

FooFighters
08-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I've already seem it once but one more time should do it.

:bigeyes: How have you seen a movie that hasn't come out yet?

zane1974
08-26-2007, 05:58 PM
At least once in the theatre..more than likely twice though

Superman
08-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Once is more then enough until it's released on dvd.

A few people have already seen it.

Roswell
08-26-2007, 06:02 PM

I assume he saw an early screening. The lucky duck.

horrornut
08-26-2007, 06:27 PM
I assume he saw an early screening. The lucky duck.
Yeah, Mark is correct. Sometime I screen new product for a local booking agency.

FooFighters
08-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Yeah, Mark is correct. Sometime I screen new product for a local booking agency.

You're very lucky.

MyersDisciple
08-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Well I am seeing it on Friday afternoon. I usually only see one movie one time in theaters due to financial constraints.

SummerScare19
08-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Probably once. But I might go twice.

Ryan
08-29-2007, 10:44 AM
I'll probably see it once with my mom (who saw the original in theaters) and another time with my friends.

ragethorn
08-29-2007, 11:10 AM
It depends.
I took the day off to see the earliest show possible.
If it's bad, like Ressurection, then 1 time.
If I enjoyed it, then I might see it 2 or 3 times.

TheShape66
08-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Twice that I know of. First showing on Friday, and then again Sunday night at the drive in. Anymore after that would be fine.

benluvin
08-29-2007, 12:15 PM
I usually only see a movie once in theaters. I did see Spiderman 3 twice though. So if I like it Il see it twice, if I think it's just ok probably only once.

mmyers78
08-29-2007, 01:01 PM
i'm only gonna see it once since i really dont see the point of going to see a movie more than once in a theatre no matter how good it is

boogeyman87
08-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Twice. Once to actually see the film and a second time to use my free movie cash.

njdevs03champs
08-29-2007, 10:28 PM
It might be up to 3 times I see it.

Halloween444
08-30-2007, 12:48 AM
Actually the film was so good that I might be going this week-end again but with my girlfriend this time and the first part with young michael was very great the part I didnt like was the end tough and I saw that disgusting rape scene on youtube im glad it was removed from the theatrical cut anyone know if it was Lew temple and Danny trejo that where raping the Smiths grove patient??

MrShape666
08-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Well, If I like it enough and wanna support it, I might see it once a week for its whole run. I did that when Romero's Land Of The Dead was out.

Even if I don't like it very much, I'm so much of a Micheal Myers junkie I'll still get it on DVD/Blue Ray/HD DVD (whatever choices I have).:han:

Slapshot
08-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Once. Unless it is really really really good.

Kara Strode
08-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Twice that I know of. First showing on Friday, and then again Sunday night at the drive in. Anymore after that would be fine.

now, see...if we had a drive in, I'd go see it on there. As it is, I have no plans to see it yet. I may go see it if my friend wants to, but it's nothing that I'm excited about enough to have planned.

Femanizer
08-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I only ever see any movie once in a theater these days.

Stoferman87
08-31-2007, 09:57 AM
I saw the movie last nite, and I will see it again today and probably a few more times in its running while in theaters, especially in the dollar show. I don't get people who are "true" myers fans saying "I dont even think I am going to see it till its on dvd, and it will be a while at that..." c'mon it's a new movie...something to analiyze and love/hate depending on weither or not your picky as hell, or that your comparing it to the original...every halloween fan should see it atleast twice while in theaters IMO anyways...please don't take offense anyone, just my opinion :D

zombie commando
08-31-2007, 10:01 AM
It all depends on how good it is, but I'll probably end up seeing it at least twice. Once to form an opinion and the second time to solidify it.

wyatt s
08-31-2007, 10:08 AM
I know I'll be seeing it twice reguardless of whether I like it or not, as I promised that I'd see wih somebody, beyond that I can't say.

Demonswrath
08-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Sorry, but after seeing that last night, I will not give one more red cent to that film. Not on DVD or any other form. I was very dissappointed. I was ready to leave after the first 10 minutes. If I wasn't such a fan of Halloween, I would have. I just had to see what all happened and it's ending. Oh my god, that was horrible. My kids thought it was bad. I would have rathered them do another damn sequel. The future of this franchise is probrobly down the drain. Good luck digging yourself out of this one Malek. How could you have let this be done to the franchise? You didn't just drop the ball, you flattened it buddy. And that is a shame.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-31-2007, 11:42 AM
It depends on how it hits me. If I go to see it more than once, that will be a first for a Halloween film. The Halloween films I've seen in the theater have all been...well, to my mind, simply not good.

I remember when I first joined, people were talking about how they just got back from seeing H:R for the fourth or fifth time. hahaha I couldn't believe it. Here it is, five years later, and I've still only watched it twice. Once in the theater, once on video. As soon as I watched it at home, and realized it was even worse than I remembered, it was doomed to sit in my Big Filing Cabinet O' Movies for all time, untouched.

Dr_Loomis02
08-31-2007, 12:22 PM
I voted more than 5. I don't know, but this is the biggest thing that's happened for Halloween since H4 IMO. The film keeps growing on me. The more I think about it, the more excited I get. It's new, fresh and I know I'll want to go again. I'm sure once it hits the dollar show I'll be seeing it there a bunch to.
So it will probably be over 5 times.
I'm extremely happy with what we got with this installment.

Dr_Loomis02
08-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Sorry, but after seeing that last night, I will not give one more red cent to that film. Not on DVD or any other form. I was very dissappointed. I was ready to leave after the first 10 minutes. If I wasn't such a fan of Halloween, I would have. I just had to see what all happened and it's ending. Oh my god, that was horrible. My kids thought it was bad. I would have rathered them do another damn sequel. The future of this franchise is probrobly down the drain. Good luck digging yourself out of this one Malek. How could you have let this be done to the franchise? You didn't just drop the ball, you flattened it buddy. And that is a shame.

It sounds like you hate the film at this point, but I do recommend a second viewing, even if it's in the dollar show. I don't know, but it gets better the second time around, it did for me. I felt exactly the same way. I was mad as hell and thought, "what has RZ done?" But going in the second time, it really grew on me. Anyway, its worth a repeat viewing IMO.

Miss_Myers
08-31-2007, 01:29 PM
once for now was enough for me, maybe ill watch it again when the dvd comes out.

ColdArmy13
08-31-2007, 01:30 PM
Probably just once.. unless one of my friends wanted to go see it.. then Id gladly go again.

Deckard
08-31-2007, 01:32 PM
I can't wait to see it a second, third, fourth, fifth, etc., time...

njdevs03champs
08-31-2007, 01:43 PM
It might be up to 3 times I see it.

It might be now 4 times.

Outsider
08-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Just saw it in the theater.

That'll be the only time I ever watch it.

MyersDisciple
08-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Just the once. I dont usually see them more than once ...until the DVD release!!!!!!

Todd
08-31-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm going again tomorrow.
I was going to see it twice today, but things happen.

FooFighters
08-31-2007, 08:11 PM
Well I voted to see it twice, but I'll probably just wait until it comes out on DVD to see it again.

ten31
08-31-2007, 08:12 PM
I will see at least once more. I saw it with my wife and I will take my Mom who is a huge HalloweeN fan to see it. After the second viewing if I like it I will see it again.

Masked Murderer
08-31-2007, 08:14 PM
I'll be seeing it once in theatres and then buying the DVD, where it will replace Halloween: Resurrection for my "Halloween DVD Marathon" days :)

M M

Silverpsycho
08-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Most definitely twice since I've already seen it once and I still have my free movie cash to use, which I plan on using next week to go see it with my best friend (who I managed to get hooked onto the HalloweeN series :yeah:). I also want to try and make it to the drive-in if that becomes an option in the near future. Three is my favorite number so I will probably follow through on that number...also because I should enjoy the film in theatres while it lasts. It's fun, entertaining and I'm happy it's part of the series so I want to be able to take it in all its glory on the big screen while I can.

If I had fallen in love with this film, I would have wanted it to have been my "most seen movie in the theatre," which would mean five viewings, as the film I have seen most is four times.

Twin Crystal
08-31-2007, 09:50 PM
I've seen it once, and fuck yeah I want to see this thing again!

9Teen_AT4
08-31-2007, 10:03 PM
I just saw it today... And I hope I never see it again.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-31-2007, 10:25 PM
I still haven't voted...but I'll be seeing it at least one more time. Possibly more. And of course, if it plays the second-run theaters in the fall, I'll have to go.

AJ*
08-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Once was more than enough...never again.

Thrillogy
09-01-2007, 06:39 AM
I dont really plan on seeing it again. *maybe* get it on dvd. last night 15-20 people walked out on the movie and frankly, I was almost tempted to myself. This movie was beyond a dissapointment. This is a Rob Zombie movie with Michael just dropped into certain scenes.....not a halloween movie. The kills were over the top and beyond disgusting and the cursing unessecary. Just bure bs.

Thrill.

JeanneMW
09-01-2007, 06:53 AM
Won't see it again in the theater......but will definitely be buying it! I was amazed the movie didn't suck actually. I've heard nothing but negative things about R.Z. movies.....so was actually skeptical of this movie. I knew he had some HUGE shoes to fill.....especially since still today there are so many Michael Myers fans (myself included).
I liked the movie a lot. I liked how it answered many things. Even though it wasn't actually part of the others....it felt as if it were.......and when you saw Michael's family life when he was a child, how he came across his "uniform", his mask, etc.....it makes ya go aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.
So all in all, I liked it a lot. I was pleasantly surprised and I just love that man......Michael Myers that is. :-)
OH, and I definitely do not think it's a place to take children too. Too much swearing and sex/nudity. Yesterday while watching this movie, there was a woman of one race with a 5 year old screaming loudly at another person of another race in front of her for swearing on the phone during the movie in front of her 5 year old, that she shouldn't talk that way especially since there was a 5 year old behind her. Um......hello?! You're letting your 5 year old hear WORSE things and see WORSE things on the movie! Duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh. Just thought I'd share that because it still steams me!
Ok......have a good one everyone!

Jeanne

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-01-2007, 08:39 AM
The kills were over the top and beyond disgusting and the cursing unessecary.
For the most part, the kills weren't over-the-top. I'd classify almost every kill in H6 as over-the-top, the thumb through the face and gun impalement from H4, some of the H:R kills (decapitation with head rolling down the stairs, anyone?), etc. The violence in this movie was pretty realistic. It's an unfortunate fact that people do bleed (a lot) when catastrophic injury is inflicted on their bodies.

And a lot of the actual violent contact isn't shown...only implied...with the sound effects and resultant blood being the main indication that the stabs connected. The main exceptions here are Ronnie's death, one stab (through clothing) for Judith, and Joe Grizzley being beaten against the bathroom stall...though when he's stabbed, I don't think the knife contact was shown.

So it's nothing we haven't seen before...and a lot less gory or over-the-top than a lot of what we've seen in some past Halloweens. There just happens to be more blood as a result of the violence...which isn't over-the-top...just realistic.

mcilroga
09-01-2007, 08:48 AM
I agree with EOTL.

People were so squirmy during the deaths in this film, and I didn't see the problem. The deaths weren't that bad; they were actually just realistic. Violence happens in real life, and it's not pretty. During

the bully's death, everyone was like, "oh my God!" Haha, as if they were shocked that an obtuse branch being smashed repeatedly against someone's face could commit blood. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the only death I thought was a little unnecessary happens to be one of the least gory deaths in the film (soak that in :p), and that's

Ismael's. I don't know if they were paying homage to Halloween II, but why continually dunk someone's head into cold water? I kept thinking, "just hold his head down, and he'll drown. Bringing him up for air isn't helping." Hahaha.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-01-2007, 09:04 AM
I agree with EOTL.

People were so squirmy during the deaths in this film, and I didn't see the problem. The deaths weren't that bad; they were actually just realistic. Violence happens in real life, and it's not pretty. During

the bully's death, everyone was like, "oh my God!" Haha, as if they were shocked that an obtuse branch being smashed repeatedly against someone's face could commit blood. :rolleyes:
Yeah. I think it's important...not just here, but in film in general...to portray violence realistically if you don't want it to come across as laughable, or if you want people to really feel affected by it. And in a way, I think that "action movie" stylized violence is kind of irresponsible. I don't think violent movies make people more violent...but I do think it's regretful that so many filmmakers make their violence slick and meaningless. In real life, violence is brutal and ugly. Death is powerful and resoundingly final. It should be portrayed as such.

Anyway, the only death I thought was a little unnecessary happens to be one of the least gory deaths in the film (soak that in :p), and that's

Ismael's. I don't know if they were paying homage to Halloween II, but why continually dunk someone's head into cold water? I kept thinking, "just hold his head down, and he'll drown. Bringing him up for air isn't helping." Hahaha.
Agreed.

I think it's because he was such a sympathetic character, and because he was pleading and trying to reason with Myers...and because he was good to Myers all those years. And I think that the reason Myers kept bringing him up for air was, basically, to fuck with him. This scene establishes Michael as a true villain...a monster...not just a sympathetic anti-hero to cheer for as he slashes his way through unlikable characters. He kills a character that you don't want to see die, and he drags it out in a sadistic (though non-gory) manner.

Rich
09-01-2007, 09:10 AM
I saw it once and I'm never going to see that piece of shit ever again. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist.

halo thirty one
09-01-2007, 09:10 AM
....And of course, if it plays the second-run theaters in the fall, I'll have to go.
Same here. They did this when H20 came out and it was a good time seeing it the week of Halloween.

mcilroga
09-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah. I think it's important...not just here, but in film in general...to portray violence realistically if you don't want it to come across as laughable, or if you want people to really feel affected by it. And in a way, I think that "action movie" stylized violence is kind of irresponsible. I don't think violent movies make people more violent...but I do think it's regretful that so many filmmakers make their violence slick and meaningless. In real life, violence is brutal and ugly. Death is powerful and resoundingly final. It should be portrayed as such.

I agree. And to my surprise, Rob Zombie's Halloween didn't go overboard. It really didn't. Shit, it's not even the goriest film in the series. Nothing unrealistic like thumbs protruding into human skulls, hypodermic needles going into eyes, etc. I anticipated shit like that, but was glad I was wrong. Realism is the way to go, if you ask me. Which is why I really love this Myers. Probably the best portrayal since the original.

Agreed.

I think it's because he was such a sympathetic character, and because he was pleading and trying to reason with Myers...and because he was good to Myers all those years. And I think that the reason Myers kept bringing him up for air was, basically, to fuck with him. This scene establishes Michael as a true villain...a monster...not just a sympathetic anti-hero to cheer for as he slashes his way through unlikable characters. He kills a character that you don't want to see die, and he drags it out in a sadistic (though non-gory) manner.

Yeah, it established Myers as ruthless.

Though I couldn't particularly root for Ismael after he tried to cuff Myers. I'd have gotten my ass quickly out of there; sorry, no matter how nicely you treat a mental patient, they're still a mental patient. And this one's a multiple murderer to boot. I liked his character, but thought that was really a bonehead move for him to make. I still didn't want him to die, though, but it was obvious that Michael wasn't just going to let himself be cuffed, shipped back to his room, and everything would be roses and fairies.

On a different note,

Did anybody else feel for Ms. Myers? I really did... she had an asshole boyfriend, a son who's a killer, a bitchy daughter. That's of course before number 1 and 3 were killed. She was probably my favorite character in the entire film, and I was pretty sad when she committed suicide. Nobody deserves that, especially no one with a life as hard as her's. She was strong, but suicide was inevitable, I suppose. Good lady, it's a shame.

halo thirty one
09-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Though I couldn't particularly root for Ismael after he tried to cuff Myers. I'd have gotten my ass quickly out of there; sorry, no matter how nicely you treat a mental patient, they're still a mental patient. And a multiple murderer. I liked his character, but thought that was really a bonehead move for him to make. I still didn't want him to die, though, but it was obvious that Michael wasn't just going to let himself be cuffed, shipped back to his room, and everything would be roses and fairies.[/SPOILER
I agree. When he tried to cuff Michael, I turned to my girlfriend and said "umm, run!" I feel bad for Ismael, but that was a bad move on his part.

On a different note,

Did anybody else feel for Ms. Myers? I really did... she had an asshole boyfriend, a son who's a killer, a bitchy daughter. That's of course before number 1 and 3 were killed. She was probably my favorite character in the entire film, and I was pretty sad when she committed suicide. Nobody deserves that, especially no one with a life as hard as her's. She was strong, but suicide was inevitable, I suppose. Good lady, it's a shame.
Yeah, I felt bad for her, but at the same time, she didn't have to stick around with her dirt-bag boyfriend. I was also disappointed that she commited suicide and basically left Laurie on her own. I understand she hit rock bottom with what was going on with her son, but she still had a daughter to care for.
There is a certain amount of character depth in both Ismael Cruz and Deborah Myers that is usually lacking in these types of movies. I guess that's part of what made me enjoy this Halloween more than many of the sequels.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah, it established Myers as ruthless.

Though I couldn't particularly root for Ismael after he tried to cuff Myers. I'd have gotten my ass quickly out of there; sorry, no matter how nicely you treat a mental patient, they're still a mental patient. And this one's a multiple murderer to boot. I liked his character, but thought that was really a bonehead move for him to make. I still didn't want him to die, though, but it was obvious that Michael wasn't just going to let himself be cuffed, shipped back to his room, and everything would be roses and fairies.
Yeah...but Ismael really felt he had a special connection to Myers. I mean, it wasn't the smartest move...and I knew right then and there that Myers was gonna kill him. But while Ismael maybe isn't that brilliant, he's a nice guy who's probably been through a lot (he's obviously an ex-con who's turning his life around), and he's one of the few people who really tried to relate to Myers and treated him well. Which is what makes his death hard to watch.

And to avoid more spoiler-tagging, I'll just say I agree with everything else in your post.

theoutfieldguy
09-01-2007, 09:49 AM
4 or 5.Depends on how many different ladies I can get to go and see it.
While the acting and dialogue kinda suck,it is Michael Myers back on the big screen and that is reason enough for me to want to see it.

JoeyImage
09-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Well, I've seen it 1 time so far, and personally, I think that's 1 time too many.

mannylb88
09-01-2007, 03:58 PM
my take on the movie is that it's right up there with H2 in terms of it's quality. i think the movie would have been a lot better if every curse word in the english language wouldn't have been used twice. another thing that made me roll my eyes was the fact of how much nudity was in the movie. Michael kills 5 people while they're fucking or had just finished...his sister, her boyfriend, Linda, Bob, and Paul. It made Michael look a little sleezy. i love what Rob did to turn the audience against Michael. at first i pitied Michael for the life he lived, but after he killed Ismael the crowd started to look at him differently, that was smart. as far as the gore factor, it was a lot less toned down than usual Rob Zombie works, but it was enough to get the point across. you can't really compare it to the first because the original Halloween had like 3 drops of blood in the entire movie. when it comes to Linda, Annie and laurie, I didn't feel the connection to them personally like i did with the girls who played them in the original, i guess all the cussing and fucking made me resent them too much. i don't know about you guys, but i did not like Loomis in this movie, i guess that's why they killed him off, but he just didn't do it for me. this of course is totally objective. I know Donald had his loomis and Malcolm did his, but it wasn't that i didn't like malcolm playing loomis as much as how his character was written, it just didn't suit me well. the best thing this movie has going for it is that Michael dies (hopefully) at the end, but that whole not seeing him dead could be Dimension keeping it's options open. I think Scout did a great job, she was no jamie lee curtis, but she had a strong yet vulnerable presence. i gave this movie in the spirit of the reviews our boys here do 4 pumpkins out of 5.

my personal review of the movie

if you haven't seen the movie, this review will spoil it for you.

The Kilted One
09-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah...but Ismael really felt he had a special connection to Myers. I mean, it wasn't the smartest move...and I knew right then and there that Myers was gonna kill him. But while Ismael maybe isn't that brilliant, he's a nice guy who's probably been through a lot (he's obviously an ex-con who's turning his life around), and he's one of the few people who really tried to relate to Myers and treated him well. Which is what makes his death hard to watch.

And to avoid more spoiler-tagging, I'll just say I agree with everything else in your post.

That's how I also saw things, but don't forget that:

it shows Ismael as an honorable man who takes his job very seriously and has seemingly been quite successful at turning his life around. Further reasons that make his death even harder to watch, droogie.

XBlackxShadeX
09-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Twice in theatures. then more when the dvd is out

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-01-2007, 04:48 PM
That's how I also saw things, but don't forget that:

it shows Ismael as an honorable man who takes his job very seriously and has seemingly been quite successful at turning his life around. Further reasons that make his death even harder to watch, droogie.
Indeed.

Seeing him early on, talking about how he's spent some time behind walls, then seeing him 15 years later, still holding a steady job. He's picked himself up...and he was literally on the verge of retirement. Another sad irony.

MichaelMyers04
09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm probably going to see this movie again, in the cheap theatres around October.

And I agree with Derek about Deborah, and the problems she had to go through in her life. It's actually sad seeing how her life went from crappy, to just unbearable. I wish the movie had more scenes like this (or ones where we care) as opposed to worthless sex talks.

Cereal Killer
09-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Once, and that was yesturday. I'll buy it to have the set, but I know it's going to sit collecting dust along with my HalloweeN 5-8 DVDs.

Roswell
09-02-2007, 09:57 AM
I might go see it again actually. I just have to find the time to do so.

Worthystevens
09-02-2007, 12:47 PM
The first time I ended up having to see it bymyself, but I'll be seeing it again this week with some buddies of mine.

Danny Strode
09-02-2007, 03:42 PM
At first, I had planned on seeing it at least once or twice. But after seeing it (on opening day, no less), I'm probably going to see it a few times more. I'm going with some co-workers, all on seperate occasions. Then maybe I'll see it once by myself.

October31
09-02-2007, 04:03 PM
As many as I can afford! :)

Khan
09-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Once was enough.

I don't have the cash for more viewings.

Femanizer
09-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I said I only ever see movies once earlier but wow am I reconsidering that now, I just might go back midweek to see it again.

HaLLoWeeNiGhT
09-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Seen it 3 times already. Love it!

The real Shape
09-02-2007, 06:59 PM
I've seen it twice.

Icebreaker_8605
09-02-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm probably going to see this movie again, in the cheap theatres around October.

Yea, me too. Or when it hits DVD, which is usually by that time.

TheShape'78
09-02-2007, 07:46 PM
i have seen it twice now. i saw it the first time by myself, the second time w/ my mom, dad, and oldest brother. my other older brother hasn't seen it, so i may or may not see it w/ him. so i have seen it twice, and there is a possibility of a third viewing.

-mitch-

Todd
09-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I've seen it twice in the theater and probably won't go back.
Now, bring on the fully loaded dvd, and get it out by Oct 30.
I know that's not going to happen, but one can always hope.

DarthMyers
09-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Once in theaters, but I will buy the DVD on Dec. 18th (date just leaked out). I have to own them all no matter how bad they are.

LaraEmily
09-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Seen it 4 times already and plan on seeing it probably at least 4 more.

TheShape'78
09-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Seen it 4 times already and plan on seeing it probably at least 4 more.

WOW!!! that's alot.

have fun!
-mitch-

Worthystevens
09-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Once in theaters, but I will buy the DVD on Dec. 18th (date just leaked out). I have to own them all no matter how bad they are.

Where'd it leak out?

JHalloween1979
09-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Halloween RZ 2007 what a joke wasn't good but boring family in orginal were not drugs users, alcholics, strippers, or wifebeaters. Original Michael was a classic well cut boy that is what was so scary. The 2007 he wasn't some freak needing a mask for everything. He killed more people in the first 15 min then in orginal Halloween. RZ ruined the story line. All about boobs and sex nothing else. If he makes anymore movies he is disgracing John Carpenter and Debra Hill legacy. The guy needs to go back to making music. He is a joke. Wes Craven would have done a much better story.

Worthystevens
09-02-2007, 08:06 PM
So basically... you hated it before you even watched it.

TheShape'78
09-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Halloween RZ 2007 what a joke wasn't good but boring family in orginal were not drugs users, alcholics, strippers, or wifebeaters. Original Michael was a classic well cut boy that is what was so scary. The 2007 he wasn't some freak needing a mask for everything. He killed more people in the first 15 min then in orginal Halloween. RZ ruined the story line. All about boobs and sex nothing else. If he makes anymore movies he is disgracing John Carpenter and Debra Hill legacy. The guy needs to go back to making music. He is a joke. Wes Craven would have done a much better story.

well since you walked out after the first fifteen minutes, what you say doesn't really mean a whole lot.

oh and wake up call, this isn't the original!

-mitch-

SSteward
09-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I saw it twice, and wouldn't mind seeing it a third time :)

JHalloween1979
09-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Annie was nude blood all over her boobs. Lynda and Bob were killed at Micheals house and Dr Loomis was killed. Laurie shot Michael in the head and wound up screaming. Oh yea they also showed Lynda boobs too. Michael wore a mask all the time. He turned into someone worse then Freddy or Jason. He killed his whole family. What else Dr Loomis likes to wear black. The Janitor was Killed along with the Nurse and 4 officers. He killed a guy in the bath room and stole his clothes.

does that sum it up. I walked the first 15 min and got my money back I didn't say I didn't finish it.

Peter_
09-03-2007, 02:17 AM
I just got back from the movie theater. And to be honest, I feel quite screwed that I actually payed money to see this piece of garbage known as Rob Zombie's Halloween - as I'm sure of 99% of the paying customers that helped this piece of crap break records this weekend.

I went into this movie with VERY little expectation. I thought Rob Zombie was going to make a bomb of a film but as a long term fan of the franchise I wanted to give it the light of day. To say this film was "bad" is a vast understatement. This had to be one of the top 5 worse films I've EVER SEEN. No exaggeration.

I think Halloween: Resurrection is GOLD compared to this piece of crap remake. I can now watch even Busta Rymes do ridiculous kung fu and be more entertained than I was watching this dissaster of a poor film know as Rob Zombie's Halloween.

Acting? HORRIBLE.
Directing? HORRIBLE.
Script? HORRIBLE.
Forgettable dialogue? YOU BET!

The only positive thing I can say about this film was that Malcolm did a decent job as Sam Loomis (of course he is no donald pleasence - but who is?).

Yes, granted, this film is breaking box office records for labor day weekend. But is that for the quality of the film or a great story line? HELL NO. Its because there is a such a big audience antisipating the film, that in the words of Zombie himself "horror fans are so desperate, they will go see a horror movie knowing it's a piece of crap" - this is definitely were I fit in! ha (and yes, many Halloween fans such as myself who were going to check it out to support the franchise and wanted to give it light of day out of sheer curiousity - despite knowing that Zombie was going to rape what we loved about the series.).

It came filled with the usual Zombie esque of poor and distasteful film making... Senseless gore, no suspense, bad story line, unconvincing acting, forgettable dialogue, using the same actors that he uses in all his films - you all get the drift!

Moustapha must be crying in the clouds that this horrible remake has come to fruition and his son helped drive the thing into the ground - it seems in many aspects of the film went against his wishes from interviews on the way Myers is supposed to be potrayed on film. The shape was reduced to a poor grade, lurching, ogre wanna be leatherface. Sad sight.

Want to know what happened when the film ended? No cheers. No claps. EVERYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW DISSAPOINTING AND BAD THE FILM WAS - literally EVERYONE that I could over hear was just voicing their distaste for the film and bad acting.

I can continue, but I will stop at this point since I have nothing positive to say.

All I must say on an ending note - Miramax has just lost a long term fan to let the franchise hit such a low Halloween.

I feel ripped off and I will not support this studio again. But what do they care, right? They are laughing all the way to the bank that the fans of the franchise were jipped into seeing a total piece of crap that they barely had to spend any money on and turned a huge profit! Sounds good - if you Miramax or the Goldsteins! If you are Halloween fan you are most likely feeling pretty screwed.

No wonder why critics from east to west and everyone in between is slamming this film - it is a total piece of crap.

What is everyone else's opinions - positive or negative - from their theater experience of the film?

Dr_Loomis02
09-03-2007, 02:22 AM
If Ressurection was gold in comparison to this film, than I have no need to read any further in your review.
There are some things, opinion or not, that I just will not tolerate or agree upon. Saying this film was worse than HR is insulting.
Great if you think so, but that is really stretching validity that you are a long time Halloween fan. Anyone with a brain can see that this film is superior to that pile of poo.
But enough of my ranting, sorry you didn't like it.

ColadaSplash
09-03-2007, 02:29 AM
Everyone in the theater was talking about how bad the film was? That seems like an over-exaggeration. People didn't even do that at Gigli. And yes... I saw it theatrically back when I had to review it. :(

----------

As for the question, I only saw the film theatrically once. Most likely won't go again, and will wait to see the DVD -- if there are film changes again.

4BarrelHemi
09-03-2007, 02:33 AM
I saw it twice and I'd say its somewhere in the bottom 4 of the movies. Not as bad as HR not as good as H3 maybe on par with H5

njdevs03champs
09-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Seeing it again tonight!

Halloween444
09-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Already seen it three time 2 in theaters and one time the Workprint.

njdevs03champs
09-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Seeing it again tonight!

Tonight, we didnt go because so people had school and work but we are going tomorrow.

WhiteZombie
09-03-2007, 07:37 PM
as I'm sure of 99% of the paying customers that helped this piece of crap break records this weekend.

Think again, most people around here tend to like it, or at least think its decent.

I've seen it twise in theatres, and the workprint.

Worthystevens
09-03-2007, 07:43 PM
as I'm sure of 99% of the paying customers that helped this piece of crap break records this weekend.

Dear lord.

jigsaw_dude
09-03-2007, 08:28 PM
I already seen it once in the theater, I'll just wait until it comes to DVD.

Sock
09-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Seen it twice already, never done that for any movie before. Not sure how many more times i'll see it, might just leave it at two. But who knows, might get the urge to see it again, I mean at the right times of the day the theater experience can kick ass. When I went earlier, it was just me and 3 other people, talk about amazing.

ten31
09-05-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm going to see it for a second time tonight. Hopefully by the time I'm back the Workprint will be done downloading.

Halloween444
09-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Funny story here.I already saw the film on the 29 of august at midnight then Saw it last Saturday with my brother and my Girlfriend and Yesterday I bought Halloween 5 dvmx edition since last time I only had bought the 4 one and Inside they gave me another free pass for Halloween so im going this week once again cant wait.

YourAverageJoe
09-05-2007, 02:23 PM
I've seen it three times now, and I definitely plan on going a couple more. I love this movie. I think it's fantastic. I can't wait for the DVD.

Khan
09-05-2007, 02:43 PM
I wonder how much of the ticket sales came from repeat viewers.

Todd
09-05-2007, 02:47 PM
It's hard to say how much of the ticket sales were repeat viewers.
More than a few, I'm sure.
In the end it doesn't matter because a ticket sale is a ticket sale.
If some people liked the movie well enough to see it two or three times, that's a good thing.

Khan
09-05-2007, 03:22 PM
One guy on another board has seen it 13 times in theaters...

Todd
09-05-2007, 03:24 PM
One guy on another board has seen it 13 times in theaters...
I don't doubt it.
There were also people who saw Titanic 30 times in the theater.
I seriously doubt that a bunch of people seeing the movie 13 times explains the box office success it's had so far, though.

Khan
09-05-2007, 03:42 PM
No, I am guessing that a lot of people were curious to see how it was.

LeroyTheGreat38
09-05-2007, 04:06 PM
I really want to see it again. But I doubt that I'm going to. I'll just wait for it to come out on DVD.

Todd
09-05-2007, 04:28 PM
No, I am guessing that a lot of people were curious to see how it was.
People are probably curious about a lot of movies, but to actually pay money to see them on the big screen takes more than mere curiosity. They could always wait for dvd, no? I'm curious about Death Sentence, but I'm not going to fork over dough to see it in the theater.

Silverpsycho
09-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Well, I originally said three times and voted three times, but I am shooting for five. Yeah...I'm a Myers junkie HalloweeNie dork. :p

Khan
09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
People are probably curious about a lot of movies, but to actually pay money to see them on the big screen takes more than mere curiosity. They could always wait for dvd, no? I'm curious about Death Sentence, but I'm not going to fork over dough to see it in the theater.

That much is true.

For some, there is something more to see it in theaters over a TV screen.

Todd
09-05-2007, 05:10 PM
That much is true.

For some, there is something more to see it in theaters over a TV screen.
Yes, some movies, people just don't want to wait for dvd. Judging by its initial success, it looks like the new Halloween is one of them. Given all the hype about how well it did last weekend, I wouldn't be suprised to see it do better this upcoming Friday thru Sunday than some people seem to think it will. It was at 32 million yesterday, so it could easily have 34 or 35 mil before Friday. If it only makes ten million this weekend, which is a low estimate, that puts it at about 45 million going into its second week. Honestly, do you see any way that this movie isn't going to end up a big hit, all things considered?

Khan
09-05-2007, 05:18 PM
It will be a hit, but the new releases will dominate this Friday.

The daily gross is being cut in half as time goes on.

Todd
09-05-2007, 05:34 PM
It will be a hit, but the new releases will dominate this Friday.

The daily gross is being cut in half as time goes on.
During the week, that's to be expected.
It's still been number one on each individual day since its release.
What new movies are coming out this weekend, by the way?

Dr_Loomis02
09-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I really want to see it again. But I doubt that I'm going to. I'll just wait for it to come out on DVD.

There is always the dollar show!

Khan
09-05-2007, 05:43 PM
During the week, that's to be expected.
It's still been number on on each individual day since its release.
What new movies are coming out this weekend, by the way?

3:10 To Yuma (heard a lot of buzz) and Shoot 'Em Up (both well received) are the big ones to look for.

Hatchet is getting a limited release, but should be getting a wide release, as it is really good.

Dr_Loomis02
09-05-2007, 05:44 PM
I haven't seen Hatchet yet. It's worth watching then?

Todd
09-05-2007, 05:45 PM
3:10 To Yuma (heard a lot of buzz) and Shoot 'Em Up (both well received) are the big ones to look for.

Hatchet is getting a limited release, but should be getting a wide release, as it is really good.
The two new movies have been well received by critics?
Well, that doesn't necessarily mean they will be hits with the fans.
Halloween got trashed and still raked in the dollars.

JustABill
09-06-2007, 12:53 AM
I highly doubt a Western will be successful in theaters. I've heard NOTHING of this movie to make me think it'd take number one (3:10 to Yuma.)

And Shoot Em Up while having some praise here and there from males on various message boards, looks like your general cliche action film in the trailers and previews which are not shown enough.

I still think unless Superbad hops back up to number 1, Halloween will be on top again.

ColadaSplash
09-06-2007, 12:58 AM
It's going to be interesting seeing which direction the box office goes in this week. September is usually a mundane month at the movies -- financially speaking.

As for the question asked... I saw this movie once theatrically. I was suppose to see it a second time, but plans changed. Will still check out the DVD -- Director's Cut hopefully -- when it hits. Here's hoping the DVD isn't postponed till next Halloween season. Halloween 6 did that (theatrical '95/VHS '96), but that's long, long ago.

Psych0ticNemes1s
09-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Once.. Any more than that and I would be contributing to the success of this film at the box office, and that isn't acceptable..

JangoJason
09-07-2007, 12:13 PM
http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/homevid...=3967&type=dvd

DVD RELEASE DATE SET! December 18, 2007

MMyers89
09-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I've seen it twice, and I probably won't see it again, so 2.

TheShape'78
09-07-2007, 12:14 PM
i've seen it three times now, and i won't be seeing it again until the dvd release.

-mitch-

Cotton Weary
09-07-2007, 08:12 PM
As of this moment, I've seen it 3 times now, and it gets better each time. But I'll probably stop where I'm at, lol.

Peter_
09-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Once... and that was once too much! haha

I saw this movie on the second day of release and was HIGHLY dissapointed.

I love the series, however...

This peice of shit film has to be one of the top 10 worst movies I've ever seen. The whole audience was even dissing it afterwards and how "shitty" the movie was.

MAJORLY DISSAPOINTED. Also, not a chance I will pick up the DVD - not even when it goes on the clearance rack.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-08-2007, 09:53 AM
I saw this movie on the second day of release and was HIGHLY dissapointed.

I love the series, however...
Interesting...considering the fact that the series includes such cinematic abortions as H:R. I love certain Halloween movies, but I don't love the series as a whole. Where the sequels are concerned, I tolerate some of them, lament how others could have (and should have) been better, and in the case of trash like H:R, disregard them completely.

But hell, I even gave H:R a second chance. I still hated it afterward, but I at least gave it the benefit of one more viewing. Now I'm sure that I don't want to watch it anymore, and I'm content to pretend it doesn't exist within the series. And since there will never be a sequel to it (thankfully), disregarding it is a very simple matter.

Superman
09-08-2007, 10:17 AM
I love the series also. It's my favorite horror series.

EvilOnTwoLegs
09-08-2007, 10:27 AM
I love the series also. It's my favorite horror series.
I'd say it's my favorite, as well...but I'd hesitate to say I love the series, as a whole. I don't really love any horror series in its entirety. They all tend to get stupid at some point...though I usually buy the movies for completist purposes.

As far as Halloween is concerned, I love H1, as a standalone film. The franchise, however, is a rollercoaster with far too many ups and downs. So I like the movies I like, dislike the ones I dislike, and don't really feel a desire to say I love "the series." I rate it above other horror series...but considering the competition, how much does that really say?

There are great Halloween films, godawful ones, and everything else falls in between. It's pretty much middle-of-the-road as far as I'm concerned, when I average all of the films out.

mike32
09-08-2007, 10:28 AM
once is enough...it was really good!

scarymoviechap
09-08-2007, 05:57 PM
I've seen it twice in the theaters and once at the drive in. I think two more showings will satisfy me. :) I had my problems with the film, but once its out of theaters its pretty much out of theaters. I relish seeing movies on the big screen, especially those ones with Michael Myers.

I just love feeding those Hollywood bastards, don't I?

Masked Murderer
09-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I saw it opening weekend, and I'm seeing it again tomorrow.

twice for me.

M M

D Adams
09-08-2007, 08:27 PM
I saw my 2nd showing tonight ...... It does get better with each viewing, lol :p , but still not as good as the WP. I commented on Brad Dourif's performance (which was pathetic) in the main spoiler thread ..... 2nd time around, he is worse :(

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I saw my 2nd showing tonight ...... It does get better with each viewing, lol :p , but still not as good as the WP. I commented on Brad Dourif's performance (which was pathetic) in the main spoiler thread ..... 2nd time around, he is worse :(

I thought he was good in all the other scenes except for that. He's given some pretty crappy lines, especially in the workprint.

There really is no excuse for that scene where he finds his daughter all cut up though. How he acted that way in the first place, how Zombie didn't catch it... boggles the mind.

Flash Over
09-09-2007, 05:41 AM
Im gonna try and see it again sometime within the week

hemmy
09-09-2007, 07:39 AM
I have seen it twice thus far, and that is probably it for the theaters.

Too expensive per show

renee30152
09-09-2007, 08:01 AM
I have seen it once and will wait until the DVD comes out to see it again.

A. Remin' D.
09-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Once was enough. Ehh...

halo thirty one
09-10-2007, 12:41 PM
It's playing at the local drive-in this weekend, with Superbad and 1408, so I'll probably check it out again.

Worthystevens
09-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Seen it thrice times already.

xlucky7sevenx
09-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Seen it once all ready, I work at the budget movie theatre so when we get it ill see it probably twice more.

ten31
09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I've seen twice. It's also playing at the Drive in here so I'll see it at least once more theatrically.

flamingrose96
09-10-2007, 09:32 PM
I've seen it 4 times. Going to see it again when my friend comes back to town. And i'm definetly buying it and I watch movies I like many many times.
BTW -- 2 of the times i've seen it were on the internet, and you'll be excited to know that its alot different than the one in theatres, alternate ending and deleted/alternate scenes. I personally like it better than the one in theatres, but its so much better to watch it in theatres. I just hope the dvd has it all!! :)

Dark Agent
09-10-2007, 11:42 PM
I've seen it once, and once is enough for me.

temp19
09-10-2007, 11:55 PM
I have seen it twice already and can envision me seeing it one more time in the theater so I voted for 3.

myerslilBRO
09-12-2007, 09:21 PM
just saw it tonight for a second time, and the girls, except Danielle,arefar less annoying.....plus i loved watching my friends jump during several parts of the film

Halloween444
09-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Seen it three times already and 2 time the Workprint and planning to buy everything about that film that coming on dvd.

Luvdemkillaz
09-13-2007, 11:56 AM
My girlfriend and I have seen it 3 times already, we got a couple shirts each from Hot Topic along with the sound track, got the poster at Spencer's and are planning on seeing it at least 2 more times with friends. We decided we'd go all out and support Halloween as much as we could since it's our favorite movie franchise and because there's a chance that it could be the last time we see a new Halloween movie in the theatres (although I don't believe it for one second). It's a good Halloween too movie so I don't mind watching it a few times. Maybe I shouldn't be asking this here but where can you see the workprint, can you buy it or is it just an internet thing?

Luvdemkillaz
09-13-2007, 11:58 AM
My girlfriend and I have seen it 3 times already, we got a couple shirts each from Hot Topic along with the sound track, got the poster at Spencer's and are planning on seeing it at least 2 more times with friends. We decided we'd go all out and support Halloween as much as we could since it's our favorite movie franchise and because there's a chance that it could be the last time we see a new Halloween movie in the theatres (although I don't believe it for one second). It's a good Halloween too movie so I don't mind watching it a few times. Maybe I shouldn't be asking this here but where can you see the workprint, can you buy it or is it just an internet thing?

Actually make that 4 times we've seen it, I forgot we went again this past Sunday:nodsmile:

SSteward
09-13-2007, 01:43 PM
looks like I'll be seeing it a third time this weekend, thanks to the freebies inside the H4 and H5 dvd's. I was planning to anyway. :)

hall0weendream
09-13-2007, 02:17 PM
I've already gone 3 times and now that my local cheaper theatre has it for the week I'm gunna try to make it the three days it's actually open here. I can't wait!

Patrick1679
09-13-2007, 02:28 PM
I've seen it 4 times! Next week i'll see it again and probably sometime in October.:crazy:

Todd
09-13-2007, 02:56 PM
I've seen it three times and I doubt I'll see it again until dvd.
You know what they say about too much of a good thing.....

Khan
09-13-2007, 03:12 PM
I've seen it 4 times! Next week i'll see it again and probably sometime in October.:crazy:

I wonder how many screens it will be on by then.

MMyers89
09-13-2007, 03:16 PM
I wonder how many screens it will be on by then.

In October? Probably like 3.

scream_sayonara
09-13-2007, 03:16 PM
I wish I could take back the first time.

HannibalBEATNGU
09-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Saw it for the second time tonight, that's it for its theatrical run.

mannylb88
09-14-2007, 06:32 AM
i've only seen it once, i think that's it for now.

njdevs03champs
09-15-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm seeing it for a third time this week.

Silverpsycho
09-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Well it looks as though my prediction of three times is correct. I've seen it twice and I will be seeing it a third time today so I can spend my free movie cash. I would have liked to have seen it four times just so I could make it a tie for the film I have seen most in theatres. If it's still out in the next couple weeks, I may try to go again but three looks like all I will get in. So yeah, I was hoping for five, but I'm happy I at least saw it (or will be seeing it) three times on the big screen. You have to admit...even if you are not a big fan of the film...it's just awesome seeing Michael Myers on the big screen. :D

mcilroga
09-19-2007, 11:14 AM
I've seen it twice already, and don't really think I'll be seeing it a third time though I wouldn't mind doing so; I have never seen a film more than twice in theaters outside of Titanic (don't ask).

MichaelJrdnMyrs
09-19-2007, 11:19 AM
I've seen it twice already, and don't really think I'll be seeing it a third time though I wouldn't mind doing so; I have never seen a film more than twice in theaters outside of Titanic (don't ask).

Aw...

Silverpsycho
09-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Lol, the film I have seen most is Titanic but it was four times. That is the movie I was trying to tie or beat, lol. Small world. :D

discvader
09-19-2007, 11:47 AM
There must have been a woman involved...that's the ONLY reason I saw that in theatres...and have the dvd...god strike me down...please!

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Halloween...atleast once, I hope? lol, I've been busy. :bigeyes:

MischievousSpirit
09-19-2007, 11:50 AM
There must have been a woman involved...that's the ONLY reason I saw that in theatres...and have the dvd...god strike me down...please!

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Halloween...atleast once, I hope? lol, I've been busy. :bigeyes:

You haven't seen Halloween yet, Nathan?! Oh, how you disappoint me! :godno:

discvader
09-19-2007, 05:06 PM
You haven't seen Halloween yet, Nathan?! Oh, how you disappoint me! :godno:
I'm gathering everyone's reviews first? lol...I have a movie ticket(from the dvd) that expires on Friday...hopefully go tomorrow! Sorry Joe...I get that alot.

BlackenedHeart
09-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I saw it one time at the theater, but once it comes out on dvd I'll watch it more times then I'd care to count.

Hallow's Eve
09-20-2007, 07:11 AM
I saw it once and I deffinitely want to see it at least once more before it comes to dvd.

Pharmdee
09-20-2007, 08:00 PM
I plan on seeing it zero times. I really have no interest in seeing Rob Zombie's spin on Carpenters Halloween. I imagine it would only make me very angry.

jigsaw_dude
09-20-2007, 08:23 PM
I plan on seeing it zero times. I really have no interest in seeing Rob Zombie's spin on Carpenters Halloween. I imagine it would only make me very angry.

I hope you see it ONCE, what kind of Halloween fan doesn't even bother to watch the newest entry in the Halloween series?

October31
09-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Update: Just saw it a second time. It was better the second time, because I was able to take in more...

WhiteZombie
09-22-2007, 07:47 PM
I hope you see it ONCE, what kind of Halloween fan doesn't even bother to watch the newest entry in the Halloween series?

Yeah no kidding, Its like 7-8 bucks.

LoriStrode07
09-26-2007, 08:27 PM
I saw it twice. Once with one person and again with another.

benluvin
09-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Twice was enough for me. I have only seen 2 movies twice in theater now. Spiderman 3 because I was bored so I saw it one day, then went with some people another time. And Halloween, which was almost a requirement to see twice.

Captain Mal
09-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Saw the 3 Lord of the Rings movies twice at the flicks also Interview with a Vampire and H:20.

I'm gonna go see this again on Sunday and I'm looking forward to seeing it with a big crowd. There were like 7 of us in the theatre yesterday.

Lots of Titanic bashing here :) I like that movie.... The fx are amazing, Winslet was on top form and when is Billy Zane not great fun? More to be enjoyed than endured for me.

Man In Black
09-29-2007, 06:36 AM
I'll probably see it again tomorrow too.

Danny Strode
09-29-2007, 11:16 AM
I ended up seeing it four times, which was a tie for the most times I saw a movie in theaters this year. The other one I saw four times was Harry Potter.

Benny JR
09-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Most likely, I will go see it more than 5 times as I work in a ciname and regularly go in and watch movies on my break. I went to see the full thing tonight and LOVED IT to bits! It was fantatsic and great to finally see a "Halloween" movie on the big screen! I'm only 18, so getting into 18's movies is new to me. Before I was 18, the closest I got was the video store.

*wanted*
09-30-2007, 01:44 PM
i seen it tonight....and i wanna see it agen....partly coz i can and partly coz i had to look away for alot of it...shame on me haha but its just so dam violent...i didnt except it to be like that....alot more grafic than the original

SarahB
10-08-2007, 05:37 AM
I've seen it 6 times now, because my friends all want to go see it and they know I'm obsessed.

njdevs03champs
10-08-2007, 09:53 AM
I saw it twice. :)

ten31
10-09-2007, 05:53 PM
I've seen it three times now. I wouldn't mind checking it out once more before it leaves the theatre. All though, I'm a little more excited about seeing H4 & 5 on the big screen. Even if it's just them playing it off of a DVD.

Kinick
10-10-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm going to see it for a second time tonight before it ends over here... I'll be able to make a more precise judgement after tonight as to what I make of it, as well as where it stands in my list no doubt.

triefy
10-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I saw it once and wished I waited until DVD.

ThornMember83
10-10-2007, 03:44 PM
I seen it once on bootleg and again in theathers so guess the next time will be when it comes out on dvd.

JaSoN KiLLa
10-27-2007, 07:30 PM
i saw it 3 times...good movie

F@@@inlovemyers
11-06-2007, 09:33 AM
once was enough

the 'M' clam
06-30-2012, 04:16 PM
I only saw Rob Zombie's Halloween once on it's first open day at the cinema but I did wanted to see it again but I went to Egypt 3 days later and after 2 weeks when I came back I was hoping it will still be showing but was finished showing. Seeing any Halloween film on the big screen is cool exprience and even know I'm not a big fan of Resurrection and RZH but seeing them at the cinema was awesome.

Thorni52
06-30-2012, 06:16 PM
I saw RZH twice in theaters. RZH2 I saw 3 times, and honestly wish I saw it once or twice more.

EvilOnTwoLegs
07-01-2012, 04:00 AM
Saw it twice.

Same for RZH2.

Michael Voorhees
11-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Didn't see RZH in theaters because I wasn't a fan of the series nor the film at first, but I saw RZH2 twice. I was hoping they'd have released another by now because I wanted to have another Halloween theater experience since that was my first.

Thorni52
11-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Saw RZH twice and I believe I saw RZH2 either 2 or 3 times.

blacksymbiote
11-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Only saw it once.