PDA

View Full Version : If RZ's Halloween was the Original.....

Husky Hombre
08-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Most of the people going to see this are fans of the original...or the series and it already has audience built in.I'm asking if you had no knowledge of the original HALLOWEEN..

Let's all clear our minds for a moment and pretend that the original HALLOWEEN never existed and Rob Zombies HALLOWEEN was the one and only original....would the previews entice you to want to see it?

Spookshow
08-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Of course. What the fuck kind of question is this?

Audioslave
08-12-2007, 10:33 AM
That question doesn't make any sense. And it serves no purpose.

The Dark Shape
08-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I'd see it because I loved The Devil's Rejects.

Khan
08-12-2007, 10:54 AM
I enjoyed TDR, so I would check it out.

MyersFan75
08-12-2007, 10:54 AM
To Spookshow and Audioslave, what's the deal? It's a perfectly fine question.

Anyway, yes. From the previews, I'd say it looks great and definately be interested in checking it out.

Spookshow
08-12-2007, 11:06 AM
It doesn't make sense because as horror fans, why would we not see the new hyped up horror film?

HannibalBEATNGU
08-12-2007, 01:15 PM
I see practically every horror movie atleast once, even ones that I expect to be terrible.

The Kilted One
08-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Same here. Although I doubt that I'd think this one horrible, based on the previews alone.

Audioslave
08-12-2007, 01:52 PM
I didn't mean to be harsh, but this movie would not exist without the original. The original does exist, therefore if it had not been made, we would never have gotten any "Halloween" movie. I'm sorry, but the question is just weird.

HannibalBEATNGU
08-12-2007, 01:56 PM
I didn't mean to be harsh, but this movie would not exist without the original. The original does exist, therefore if it had not been made, we would never have gotten any "Halloween" movie. I'm sorry, but the question is just weird.

I think that's the point of the question.

They're asking if you are seeing this because it looks like a good film on its own, or because it bears the Halloween name which alot of people will go to just because it is that.

The Kilted One
08-12-2007, 02:00 PM
It's called suspension of disbelief, folks. It's not that hard.

MichaelMyers04
08-12-2007, 02:08 PM
I'd still go and see it. It looks like an awesome horror movie; something different than what we've seen in the last few years. It looks like it's an old-school horror movie, so yes, I would.

MMyers89
08-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Most definitely, since I really enjoy horror movies in general, and really liked Rob Zombie's past two films.

Shamrock Silver
08-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Hm. I think I probably would have passed on it.
I hated "HO1KCorpses", and saw enough of "The Devil's Rejects" to avoid the rest of it.
If I had no knowledge of Michael Myers or Halloween as a slasher film, I'd probably avoid this film.

(Being that I do know of Michael Myers and Halloween as a slasher film - and being disappointed by many of the sequels - and believing that Rob Zombie's style mixed with Halloween should give the serious a good boot in the ass....I'm very, very excited about RZ's Halloween.)

Laow-Z
08-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Hm. I think I probably would have passed on it.
I hated "HO1KCorpses", and saw enough of "The Devil's Rejects" to avoid the rest of it.
If I had no knowledge of Michael Myers or Halloween as a slasher film, I'd probably avoid this film.

Sorry Shamrock...your full of shit.

mr32
08-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah, i'll go see it. From everything i seen looks good. Cause I'm a true horror fan.

Khan
08-12-2007, 06:03 PM
So if you don't love Rob Zombie, you aren't a true horror fan?

MyersFan927
08-12-2007, 06:10 PM
The title would intrigue me. It hasn't been done before.

I'm just not sure if the trailers appear to make it different than the usual gruesome modern horror films, like See No Evil or TCM: The Beginnning or The Devil's Rejects. Some of it is appealing, but my interest in the remake is based on my knowledge of Michael and the series.

wyatt s
08-12-2007, 08:47 PM
I don't know that I would go see it. It was watching the original Halloween, when I was probably far too young to watch it, that sort of made me into a horror fan. I don't even know that I'd watch horror films if it wasn't for the original Halloween. It's kind of like comic books, if it weren't for Batman I may not have ever gotten into them. So, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure that I would in the supposed alternate reality.

moviestud87
08-12-2007, 09:45 PM
The thing that makes me upset though is that just think the next generation is going to think that this is the original because it will be the first one that they see. I`m so going to show my kids the original ones before the new ones. But still back then if robs one was the original i`d see it.

mr32
08-12-2007, 09:55 PM
So if you don't love Rob Zombie, you aren't a true horror fan?

Who said anything about loving Zombie, i'm just a horror fan

mr_casper_sgv
08-12-2007, 11:25 PM
I would of probably waited for it to come on dvd because I always watch the new horror movies well not all, Saw is one that I dont watch. Yes.

horrorfreak123
08-13-2007, 08:29 AM
It think it looks amazing even if it was the first of the series, I would go and see it for sure!

halo thirty one
08-13-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm a big fan of the holiday so that alone would get me to see the movie. It's the reason that I'm such a big fan of the original in the first place. It's also the reason why I can't wait to see Trick R Treat when it comes out in a couple of months.

viperswat
08-13-2007, 11:14 AM
I love House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects is ok, so I'd definitely be interested. Can't be any worse than Black Christmas remake (assuming the remake of that too is the first one).

XBlackxShadeX
08-15-2007, 05:23 AM
uhHh..totally! Rob Zombie did it!! lolz!

XBlackxShadeX
08-15-2007, 05:25 AM
The thing that makes me upset though is that just think the next generation is going to think that this is the original because it will be the first one that they see. I`m so going to show my kids the original ones before the new ones. But still back then if robs one was the original i`d see it.

Well thats going to happen newayz ya no? Even us now didnt know a lot of movies had been remade. I think it's great tho that u'll do that for your kids. They should see the original.

mmyers78
08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
yes i would see it

Psych0ticNemes1s
08-15-2007, 08:36 AM
I would definately go see this movie regardless. The preview was entertaining, the plot looks good, etc. The only reason that may hold some people back is that masked killer horror films are very outdated at this point. At least that is my take on modern cinema.