View Full Version : Rob Zombie's Halloween: Discussion XIV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Thurisaz
08-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Past thread: http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=11953

The Dark Shape
08-10-2007, 11:36 PM
I didn't see this posted, but Halloween's official rating is:

Rated R for strong horror violence and gore, sexuality/nudity, drug content and language.

The running time is 109 minutes.

TheShape'78
08-11-2007, 12:02 AM

Rated R for strong horror violence and gore, sexuality/nudity, drug content and language.

hopefully it's light on the gore.

-mitch-

Deckard
08-11-2007, 01:06 AM
I think we should be used to the idea that this will be far more violent, and therefore gory, than the original film...oh, and the movie being almost two hours long makes me happy. I've been seeing all these overlong, bloated summer movies this year...and I just had a gut-wrenching feeling that the one movie I was eagerly awaiting would be like 70 minutes or some shit...we all remember the run time for H20....:yar:

Thurisaz
08-11-2007, 01:22 AM
I think some of use have different views of what gory actually means. To me, it would be pretty gory if Michael pulls out someone's intestines and was playing around with them. Or perhaps if we see extreme closeups of eyeballs being pulled out and dangling. Exploding heads fits the bill as well. I haven't seen a picture yet that tells me there's anything like that in the movie.

The only thing I've seen is the same pictures of the Strodes that we've all seen. And those are not gory. Are they bloody? Yes, quite bloody. But not even close to what I, or most people, would consider gore.

Deckard
08-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Yeah...I think the same way...but it will be far more gruesome than the original for sure.

Thurisaz
08-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Yeah...I think the same way...but it will be far more gruesome than the original for sure.

I don't have a problem with gruesome. I mean if we see limbs falling everywhere and blood geysers shooting out of decapitated heads that would be taking it too far. But anyone that's actually seen a crime scene photo knows that when people get sliced and stabbed in a violent manner, the blood will indeed flow.

Deckard
08-11-2007, 01:31 AM
I don't wanna be a little bitch...but I tried to tell everyone about the Hot Topic shirt over a week ago...but that's cool, glad everyone knows about it now...I want lots of them to be bought so they'll come out with more merchandise for the movie....

Deckard
08-11-2007, 01:32 AM
I think some of use have different views of what gory actually means. To me, it would be pretty gory if Michael pulls out someone's intestines and was playing around with them. Or perhaps if we see extreme closeups of eyeballs being pulled out and dangling. Exploding heads fits the bill as well. I haven't seen a picture yet that tells me there's anything like that in the movie.

The only thing I've seen is the same pictures of the Strodes that we've all seen. And those are not gory. Are they bloody? Yes, quite bloody. But not even close to what I, or most people, would consider gore.

True, true.

I quoted the wrong post by you moving so fast...lol...

Lucifer
08-11-2007, 01:39 AM
I think there will be gore of course its a zombie film but this case i think it wil be sweet and short

Man In Black
08-11-2007, 01:48 AM

I agree. Person to person what classifies as "gore" will differ. I've heard the movie is bloody in places, mainly the Strode house, but stabbings and kills are not lingered upon or shown really close up and in detail. The original didn't have barely any, but I understand times have changed and blood is going to flow.

http://robzombieshalloween.net/strode1.jpg
http://robzombieshalloween.net/strode2.jpg
http://robzombieshalloween.net/strode3.jpg

TheShape'78
08-11-2007, 03:34 AM
yeah i don't consider blood to be gore, so if that's what they meant by that then i feel prettty good about this. the exploding head in h6 pissed me off for the simple fact that it was unrealistic mindless gore, as long as there isn't extreme stuff like that than i am fine.

-mitch-

Monte
08-11-2007, 03:38 AM
There is a lot of blood in the promotional photos, but so far it seems Michael is just stabbing and slashing. He's not doing anything fancy like making heads explode or pushing faces through iron bars. That's the only concern I had regarding the issue of violence, so I think it'll be okay.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-11-2007, 04:01 AM
Whoo-hoo! I actually made it to one of these threads before there were any "piss-and-moan" posts in it. Finally!

And yeah, on the issue of gore...to me, there's a massive difference between outright gore and brutal, realistic violence. There's plenty of the former to be found in the H6 T-Cut. So far, all I've seen from the remake footage and photos indicates the latter. And I have no problem with strong, realistic violence in a film like this. I consider it appropriate.

nwiser
08-11-2007, 04:39 AM

drug content...? I'm assuming this means some of the kids...maybe bob and lynda or judith and her b/f...will be getting high?

Monte
08-11-2007, 05:04 AM
drug content...? I'm assuming this means some of the kids...maybe bob and lynda or judith and her b/f...will be getting high?

Annie and (sort of) Laurie were briefly smoking dope in the first movie, so it's not like that's anything new. Though when Loomis is first introduced he's apparently kind of a hippie. Seeing him light up would be quite amusing indeed.

Shamrock Silver
08-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Can't wait to see some sweet nip-slips in this film.
I heard Danielle Harris will show us her cans.
Yum yum, lick-lick-lick 'em up.
I'm going to make howling wolf sounds in the theater at the first sign of some bare breasts. Owwwwwww-ow ow owwwwwwww!

renee30152
08-11-2007, 05:39 AM
hopefully it's light on the gore.

-mitch-

I agree though I think it will be gore filled.

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 06:10 AM
The MPAA is pretty weird when it comes to what they consider gore.

samhain51
08-11-2007, 06:11 AM
I think it will be filled with gore but it will happen the right way . i hope the gore will go with the movie and be necessary!!!

Monte
08-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Realistic violence is frowned upon. You can lop someone's head off and have the stump gush blood like a firehouse and it's okie-dokie, but if you have a finger get cut off and you show what that would really be like, then oh dear, that might be too disturbing.

Halloweenfan_71
08-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Even though I know this was a remake they could have least stuck with some of the history in the 1st one. Ex: Michael killed his sister when he was 6 not 10 and also he wasn't let out he released the other patients so he could get away easier and Michael didn't know about Laurie till he returned to the house and saw a pic of her.

The Kilted One
08-11-2007, 06:19 AM
Realistic violence is frowned upon. You can lop someone's head off and have the stump gush blood like a firehouse and it's okie-dokie, but if you have a finger get cut off and you show what that would really be like, then oh dear, that might be too disturbing.

Apparently, you've never cut someone's head off before.

Kinick
08-11-2007, 06:24 AM
Even though I know this was a remake they could have least stuck with some of the history in the 1st one. Ex: Michael killed his sister when he was 6 not 10 and also he wasn't let out he released the other patients so he could get away easier and Michael didn't know about Laurie till he returned to the house and saw a pic of her.

He isn't let out in the remake either. "Michael didn't know about Laurie until he saw a picof her"... what's this about?

The Kilted One
08-11-2007, 06:28 AM
He isn't let out in the remake either. "Michael didn't know about Laurie until he saw a picof her"... what's this about?

Beats the hell out of me? Is it a refrence to the new film, or a mistaken refrence to the original?

Monte
08-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Apparently, you've never cut someone's head off before.

You've found me out. I'm a decapitation virgin. How embarrassing.

he wasn't let out he released the other patients so he could get away easier and Michael didn't know about Laurie till he returned to the house and saw a pic of her.

I'm completely, hopelessly lost on this comment.

Kinick
08-11-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm completely, hopelessly lost on this comment.

I think this person should save these posts for IMDB or somehere, and maybe research a bit more than a breif plot sypnosis.

Roswell
08-11-2007, 06:51 AM
Michael killed his sister when he was 6 not 10

That's really a minor detail, don't you think?

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 06:53 AM
It's a remake, things change, boo freaking hoo.

PG Soul
08-11-2007, 07:31 AM
This Michael Myers will break the old Michael Myers' back and humble him!

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Annie and (sort of) Laurie were briefly smoking dope in the first movie, so it's not like that's anything new. Though when Loomis is first introduced he's apparently kind of a hippie. Seeing him light up would be quite amusing indeed.
Whadaya mean "(sort of) Laurie?" You tryin' to say she didn't inhale? :p

Annie and Laurie were blazin' it, yo...they was stoned immaculate.

PG Soul
08-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Whadaya mean "(sort of) Laurie?" You tryin' to say she didn't inhale? :p

Annie and Laurie were blazin' it, yo...they was stoned immaculate.

Yep, yep, she was definitely taking tokes of that cheeba cheeba yo!

Annie and Laurie were like the female Cheech & Chong during that scene, plus they blazing out B.O.C. brilla!

Halloweenfan_71
08-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Sorry hubby told me wrong. He knew about his sister Laurie but didn't know what she looked like till he saw her @ the mental ward.

Khan
08-11-2007, 08:46 AM

The MPAA has some weird descriptors to go with their ratings, so their version of gore is probably different.

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Seriously, they rated Titanic PG-13 for sensuality and sexuality, but not nudity when the nudity was more than the sex was.

shoe1985
08-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Are people complaining about how the movie was rated? It is rated R for different reasons. The first Halloween was rated R, and today it would come close to getting a PG-13.

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm not complaining about it being R, I was just saying that they're very weird when it comes to why the rate it.

Eric616
08-11-2007, 10:31 AM
The first Halloween was rated R, and today it would come close to getting a PG-13.It still would have been rated R because of the nudity of Judith and Lynda.

Khan
08-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Are people complaining about how the movie was rated? It is rated R for different reasons. The first Halloween was rated R, and today it would come close to getting a PG-13.

I wasn't complaining by any means.

I was just pointing out the quirks of the MPAA.

Seriously, they rated Titanic PG-13 for sensuality and sexuality, but not nudity when the nudity was more than the sex was.

Have you watched This Film Is Not Yet Rated?

it is a fascinating movie.

The Dark Shape
08-11-2007, 10:51 AM
It still would have been rated R because of the nudity of Judith and Lynda.

...not to mention a six-year-old stabbing his sister to death.

In regards to Zombie's film, violence won't bother me. It's more gratuitous gore that annoys me, such as the Shape jamming his thumb through somebody's skull. The Devil's Rejects was very violent, but I wouldn't call it gratuitous, and I'm hoping for the same with Halloween. Visceral is great; gratuitous is not.

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 11:01 AM
The gore in TDR went with the movie. In Saw and Hostel, it was just there.

The Kilted One
08-11-2007, 11:08 AM
...not to mention a six-year-old stabbing his sister to death.

In regards to Zombie's film, violence won't bother me. It's more gratuitous gore that annoys me, such as the Shape jamming his thumb through somebody's skull. The Devil's Rejects was very violent, but I wouldn't call it gratuitous, and I'm hoping for the same with Halloween. Visceral is great; gratuitous is not.

Yea, gratuitous anything bothers me, because it distracts from the movie. If violence/gore or sex/nudity make the movie more realistic, or have an important part in the story, that's fine. If not, I say it's usually used to distract people from the fact that they're watching a crappy film.

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 11:40 AM
From what the leaked script and trailers suggest, a good amount of the nudity in this film is plot-driven and not there for gratuity.

MichaelMyers04
08-11-2007, 12:30 PM
I just hope there isn't too much nudity in it, because that'll make it feel like Fthe13 for me. I'm alright with it if it's supposed to create terror (as I've heard it does in Annie's death).

The Kilted One
08-11-2007, 12:32 PM
From what the leaked script and trailers suggest, a good amount of the nudity in this film is plot-driven and not there for gratuity.

That's what I understand and I'll be glad to find that it's true, in a few weeks. From all that we know about the film thus far, I haven't heard of anything that really bothers me too much. That's hopeful...

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Annie is topless during her death and Lynda gets full frontal during her death, similar to the original. There was a rape scene that has since been cut.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Annie is topless during his death and Lynda gets full frontal during her death, similar to the original. There was a rape scene that has since been cut.
Annie's not a guy, yo. :p

The Kilted One
08-11-2007, 12:37 PM

You really are a perceptive and wise bastard, Yottle.

Annie is topless during his death and Lynda gets full frontal during her death, similar to the original. There was a rape scene that has since been cut.

I sure am glad about that last bit.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-11-2007, 12:37 PM
I make it my business to determine the sex of human beings.

Beyond that, it's nobody's business.

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 12:38 PM

Corrected.

This was probably answered a while ago, but whatever happened to Heather Bowen? Does she still have a role in the new movie?

The Dark Shape
08-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Correction (major spoiler):

Annie is topless during her attack, not 'death' :)

The Kilted One
08-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Corrected.

This was probably answered a while ago, but whatever happened to Heather Bowen? Does she still have a role in the new movie?

I believe she is a reporter, or some such. I don't know that she has a speaking bit.

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Correction (major spoiler):

Annie is topless during her attack, not 'death' :)

That's what I meant, but considering she's left bleeding and seems dead, there's a good chance she could die. Of course I don't want that to happen so that way Danielle could return if they made a sequel.

The Kilted One
08-11-2007, 12:46 PM
That's what I meant, but considering she's left bleeding and seems dead, there's a good chance she could die. Of course I don't want that to happen so that way Danielle could return if they made a sequel.

Maybe she and Laurie will be in the Hospital together for the sequal. :hugegrin:

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Maybe she and Laurie will be in the Hospital together for the sequal. :hugegrin:

They can't use the hospital idea for the film without dealing with copyright infringement or giving Universal part of the money.

The Kilted One
08-11-2007, 12:49 PM
They can't use the hospital idea for the film without dealing with copyright infringement or giving Universal part of the money.

No shit. That's what the :hugegrin: was for, bro. :)

ghettomyers
08-11-2007, 01:01 PM
well......i jus wanna see the shit

MichaelMyers04
08-11-2007, 01:11 PM

Same here man :) So far, there's nothing that would make me dislike the movie, and that makes the wait even harder!

Kinick
08-11-2007, 01:11 PM
So according to Rob the film is set in a non-specific time frame.

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 01:14 PM
He murders his family in 1978 and it takes place 17 years later. That sounds like a specific timeline.

mcilroga
08-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Lynda gets full frontal?

Are we sure?

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 01:18 PM
That's what the casting report said. The pic of her lying nude in front of the tombstone seems to confirm it.

mcilroga
08-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Right!

Haha, okay then. :)

Kinick
08-11-2007, 01:24 PM
He murders his family in 1978 and it takes place 17 years later. That sounds like a specific timeline.

Just came across an interview with Rob on this website: http://www.esplatter.com/2006news/halloween.htm

(Esplatter: Is your "Halloween" set in the present day or is it taking place in the 1970s?

My film is set in a non-specific time frame. That way I felt the film
would seem more timeless.)

shoe1985
08-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Lynda gets full frontal?

Are we sure?

Derek got excited.

nwiser
08-11-2007, 02:36 PM

see to me thats kind of silly. I can understand not being able to directly remake Halloween 2 verbatim because of copywrite issues. Nonetheless, a premise in this film involves a guy going around killing/attacking people and logically, some of those people who might survive in a sequel film would need to go to a hospital to get treated. Just because a sequel might contain scenes at a hospital on a night following the murders, does that necessarily mean they're copying H2?

Myers Insurance
08-11-2007, 02:41 PM
They can have scenes at the hospital, but the whole movie can't take place at the hospital and the dialouge needs to change.

renee30152
08-11-2007, 02:57 PM

Same here and right to the point.:bastard:

Khan
08-11-2007, 04:38 PM
They can have scenes at the hospital, but the whole movie can't take place at the hospital and the dialog needs to change.

That is correct.

nwiser
08-11-2007, 04:44 PM
They can have scenes at the hospital, but the whole movie can't take place at the hospital and the dialouge needs to change.

haha you mean we cant have an orderly singing his version of "Amazing Grace" like he did in H2? :roflmao:

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-11-2007, 04:50 PM
haha you mean we cant have an orderly singing his version of "Amazing Grace" like he did in H2? :roflmao:
God, I hope not. haha No more Bud, please.

InTheDeep2007
08-11-2007, 04:55 PM

LOL! yes please no more!

mcilroga
08-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Derek got excited.

She's the least attractive of the three... not so exciting. ;)

Villain612
08-11-2007, 05:14 PM
see to me thats kind of silly. I can understand not being able to directly remake Halloween 2 verbatim because of copywrite issues. Nonetheless, a premise in this film involves a guy going around killing/attacking people and logically, some of those people who might survive in a sequel film would need to go to a hospital to get treated. Just because a sequel might contain scenes at a hospital on a night following the murders, does that necessarily mean they're copying H2?

Precisely.

I think the idea of using the hospital for just a part of the film is good. Perhaps the climax of the movie or something. I wouldn't want it to be the primary setting like it was in Halloween 2.

And btw... what's with all this hate for Bud?
Bud is the most entertaining character in the series. His lines are great.

MyersFan75
08-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Amazing Grace, come sit on my face. Don't make me cry, I need your pie.

:bastard:

mcilroga
08-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm watching America's Most Wanted on FOX right now as per usual and I just saw a Halloween TV Spot. First time on an actual television. Pretty cool. :)

Reobeem
08-11-2007, 05:45 PM
just saw another trailer on Fox for Halloween and the end of it was so funny for some reason, what Laurie said in such a tone then Michael breaks the winndow, priceless

Khan
08-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Precisely.

I think the idea of using the hospital for just a part of the film is good. Perhaps the climax of the movie or something. I wouldn't want it to be the primary setting like it was in Halloween 2.

Even setting the climax in the hospital would be ripping off copyrighted material.

shoe1985
08-11-2007, 06:32 PM

She still looks good though. Swing

Worthystevens
08-11-2007, 06:33 PM

After seeing all 3 of them in person the past couple of days, I found Kristina to be the most attractive. The pictures haven't done her any justice.

Todd
08-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Are you kidding me?
Every young buck like Jimmy needs an older guy like Bud to mentor him in ways of the world. Ol' Bud was just looking for a little nookie from a hot nurse when Michael decided to be an inconsiderate dick head and kill him.

HannibalBEATNGU
08-11-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm surprised by the run time, I figured about 95 minutes tops counting credits.

Khan
08-11-2007, 07:33 PM
I was just watching an interview with Tyler Mane, and he said he had "buckets of blood poured on him, so this is going to be a gory movie."

Worthystevens
08-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Alot of blood isn't bad. Heads getting lopped off and severed limbs showing up everywhere would, which doesn't sound like it will be in the movie.

Khan
08-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah, Mane has made several of references to the movie being "gory," but that may just be his take on things.

Worthystevens
08-11-2007, 07:54 PM
But unfortunately, many idiots over at IMDb, CHUD, Ain't It Cool News and Bloody-Disgusting are going to take what he said the wrong way.

Khan
08-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Maybe Tyler is telling the truth.

Flash Over
08-11-2007, 08:05 PM
lets just wait and see...

wyatt s
08-11-2007, 08:06 PM
one persons idea of "gore" can be completely different than another, so what Tyler Mane sees as gory could well be tame by somebody else's point of view. We won't be able to judge the gore level til we see it.

Khan
08-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah, he isn't the final word on the movie.

MichaelMyers04
08-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Precisely.

I know. Bud was awesome, with his famous lines. It's too bad his death scene was stupid; Bud deserved better!

On to the topic of the blood, personally, I think it's a good idea that they're using a lot of blood. We all know that Myers goes kill-happy in this one, and so the blood will just make it all the more realistic. Now, the only thing that bothers me (because I find it dumb) is torture porn but by the looks of things, this movie isn't going to have any of that.

wyatt s
08-11-2007, 08:19 PM
I know. Bud was awesome, with his famous lines. It's too bad his death scene was stupid; Bud deserved better!

Bud was, in my opinion, the best death in the film.

Now, the only thing that bothers me (because I find it dumb) is torture porn but by the looks of things, this movie isn't going to have any of that.

How exactly would you fit "torture porn" into a Halloween film?

Khan
08-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I think what he was saying is that this isn't a torture porn movie.

wyatt s
08-11-2007, 08:26 PM
He is, but I can't think of a single way that it would have been able to even be made into one.

MichaelMyers04
08-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Well, it could be a torture death scene, where they keep showing close-up shots of Myers slowly slashing the person's skin.....Honestly, I can't really think of a scene like that, because I know that it wouldn't fit in a HalloweeN movie.

It's just that when some people read Mane's comment about the "buckets of blood", they're automatically going to assume it's something like Saw or Hostel, and I'm just glad that that won't be the case here.

Khan
08-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I can't see Myers torturing someone.

MischievousSpirit
08-11-2007, 08:56 PM
I just saw TV Spot #4 on my local Fox Channel 11, KTTV. It was awesome seeing it on my Sony 46" Bravia LCD HDTV! :rock:

mannylb88
08-11-2007, 09:01 PM
yeah, i've been seeing a lot of the spots lately.

Shamrock Silver
08-11-2007, 09:16 PM
My family ordered pizza tonight.
When I looked down on the pizza and saw the little pepperoni slices,
it made me think of the nip-shots to come in RZ's Halloween.
When my mom wasn't looking, I licked the pepperoni on my pizza like a nipple - exactly the way TT Boy would do it.
I'm going to sit in the back of the theater when I go to see RZ's Halloween!

hall0weendream
08-11-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted but Icons of Fright recently had an interview with Rob and this has to be the best interview I've read so far. Check it out for a good read.

http://www.iconsoffright.com/IV_RobZombie.htm

Frazetta
08-11-2007, 09:57 PM
I agree. Person to person what classifies as "gore" will differ. I've heard the movie is bloody in places, mainly the Strode house, but stabbings and kills are not lingered upon or shown really close up and in detail. The original didn't have barely any, but I understand times have changed and blood is going to flow.

http://robzombieshalloween.net/strode1.jpg
http://robzombieshalloween.net/strode2.jpg
http://robzombieshalloween.net/strode3.jpg
Is it just me or does Michael seem to really inflict the pain onto the Strode's? Maybe it has something to do with them being close to Laurie....

TheShape'78
08-11-2007, 11:06 PM
When my mom wasn't looking, I licked the pepperoni on my pizza like a nipple - exactly the way TT Boy would do it.

oooookay..... :crazy:

-mitch-

MichaelMyers04
08-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Sweet, I'm finally starting to see some Tv Spots on Fox. I was watching Scrubs, and I saw one that was identical to one of the old ones (the tv spot #2) except it had Tommy say "that's the devil's house", and ended with Michael attacking Bob. The thing about this trailer is that it had a very quick shot of someone with the pumpkin on their head (much like the picture we've already seen). I've got a pretty good idea that the scene was right after Michael kills Paul, because it seemed like his body was still shaking or moving I'm glad they kept this scene in; I heard on IMDB that they had cut that scene out (but I hardly listen to those people anyway). Has anyone else seen this Tv spot?

MyersFan75
08-12-2007, 02:10 AM
Sweet, I'm finally starting to see some Tv Spots on Fox. I was watching Scrubs, and I saw one that was identical to one of the old ones (the tv spot #2) except it had Tommy say "that's the devil's house", and ended with Michael attacking Bob. The thing about this trailer is that it had a very quick shot of someone with the pumpkin on their head (much like the picture we've already seen). I've got a pretty good idea that the scene was right after Michael kills Paul, because it seemed like his body was still shaking or moving I'm glad they kept this scene in; I heard on IMDB that they had cut that scene out (but I hardly listen to those people anyway). Has anyone else seen this Tv spot?

Yeah, I've seen it.

However, I believe at the end that Michael is attacking Loomis, not Bob.

Because, as speculated, [BIG SPOILER] Loomis has his eyes gouged out by Myers.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-12-2007, 03:34 AM
Actually, his lines are the final, clinching proof that John Carpenter was shitfaced when he wrote H2. :p

Is it just me or does Michael seem to really inflict the pain onto the Strode's? Maybe it has something to do with them being close to Laurie....
Is it just me or does Shamrock Silver have some personal problems to work out? ;)

MyersFan75
08-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Is it just me or does Shamrock Silver have some personal problems to work out? ;)

I think it's just you.

You mean to tell me you don't like flicking your toungue at cuts of beef while thinking about nipples?! Welcome to 2007! :bastard:

renee30152
08-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Amazing Grace, come sit on my face. Don't make me cry, I need your pie.

:bastard:

That bastard! :bastard:

mcilroga
08-12-2007, 06:00 AM
I just saw TV Spot #4 on my local Fox Channel 11, KTTV. It was awesome seeing it on my Sony 46" Bravia LCD HDTV! :rock:

And you couldn't even invite me over, the nerve of some people. :rolleyes:

:D

See, if you'd ordered cheese we wouldn't have had this problem now would we?

Myers Insurance
08-12-2007, 07:05 AM
I'm just hoping we'll get a TV spot on a kid's channel like Nick or Disney. That would my nightweekdayweekyearLIFE.

shoe1985
08-12-2007, 07:23 AM
The comment that made me sit up from that interview was this:

Well, let’s hope there’s not too many sequels and that this can stand on its own.

They’re not even talking about it. That’s what I really liked about Bob Weinstein. He wanted to reinvent it and do something different and wasn’t ever talking about firing up a franchise. He was always focused on making one solid movie. Because already by now, they’d be planning Part 2, if they were thinking that. And they’re not. That’s what I like about this. The intentions all around were really in the right place.

They are tossing ideas around as we speak. There will be a part 2 if this hits big. There will be a sequel even if it flops, direct to dvd most likely. This series is not going to die. Money is to be made.

PG Soul
08-12-2007, 07:25 AM
I'm not sure if this has been posted but Icons of Fright recently had an interview with Rob and this has to be the best interview I've read so far. Check it out for a good read.

http://www.iconsoffright.com/IV_RobZombie.htm

Agreed, very good site for interviews, reviews and articles on cult favourites. (yeah that's how we spell it in the UK).

Todd 78
08-12-2007, 07:28 AM
The comment that made me sit up from that interview was this:

Well, let’s hope there’s not too many sequels and that this can stand on its own.

They’re not even talking about it. That’s what I really liked about Bob Weinstein. He wanted to reinvent it and do something different and wasn’t ever talking about firing up a franchise. He was always focused on making one solid movie. Because already by now, they’d be planning Part 2, if they were thinking that. And they’re not. That’s what I like about this. The intentions all around were really in the right place.

They are tossing ideas around as we speak. There will be a part 2 if this hits big. There will be a sequel even if it flops, direct to dvd most likely. This series is not going to die. Money is to be made.

And Zombie ain't doing it. The intention of his film was to be a stand alone film, if there are sequels so be it.

Zombie never said the stuido wouldn't, they didn't interfere with his picture is all.

I am with Zombie on this . I don't want any sequels, but likely it will happen if is a hit.

So I want this movie to a great film , but flop at the box office:bastard:

Todd 78
08-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Agreed, very good site for interviews, reviews and articles on cult favourites. (yeah that's how we spell it in the UK).

You Brits need to learn how to spell, and speak English:bastard:

Myers Insurance
08-12-2007, 07:51 AM
You Brits need to learn how to spell, and speak English:bastard:

Technically they're speaking English and we're speaking American. Their spelling is the correct spelling, as the American English variated from Brit English.

Khan
08-12-2007, 07:54 AM
At least they aren't speaking Newfie. :bastard:

I am Newfie, so I can say that.

shoe1985
08-12-2007, 07:54 AM
And Zombie ain't doing it. The intention of his film was to be a stand alone film, if there are sequels so be it.

Zombie never said the stuido wouldn't, they didn't interfere with his picture is all.

I am with Zombie on this . I don't want any sequels, but likely it will happen if is a hit.

So I want this movie to a great film , but flop at the box office:bastard:

Actually, he said they were not discussing it. They are. Whether he will do it or not is to be determined later. The right amount of money will persuade anybody.

Myers Insurance
08-12-2007, 07:58 AM
It's pretty much a safe bet Rob isn't going to return to the series after this movie. He's been saying that for the last year.

Khan
08-12-2007, 07:58 AM
The right amount of money will persuade anybody.

Hopefully they don't rush a sequel.

H-Field Hero
08-12-2007, 08:03 AM
I just saw TV Spot #4 on my local Fox Channel 11, KTTV. It was awesome seeing it on my Sony 46" Bravia LCD HDTV! :rock:Nice purchase. Does KTTV have an HD channel?

DREAMASTER
08-12-2007, 08:17 AM
I saw the final trailer and I have one question: What tha hell happened with Mike Meyers face(when he is in jail/sanatorium)?! It looks like a Halloween pumpkin?!

Todd 78
08-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Technically they're speaking English and we're speaking American. Their spelling is the correct spelling, as the American English variated from Brit English.

I don't care.Speak American, that's what I understand.:bastard:

Eric616
08-12-2007, 08:20 AM
I saw the final trailer and I have one question: What tha hell happened with Mike Meyers face(when he is in jail/sanatorium)?! It looks like a Halloween pumpkin?!

He's wearing a mask he made.

MischievousSpirit
08-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Nice purchase. Does KTTV have an HD channel?

It does (over the air, and part of Dish Network's HD programming), but I was watching it on Dish Network SD, as we haven't upgraded to any HD programming yet.

shoe1985
08-12-2007, 08:23 AM
It's pretty much a safe bet Rob isn't going to return to the series after this movie. He's been saying that for the last year.

People say one thing and do the opposite all the time. Maybe he won't do it.

They will make another one.

MischievousSpirit
08-12-2007, 08:24 AM
I think it's awesome Tyler Bates used all of JC's original themes, and not just the Halloween theme over and over again like in H:R.

God. Halloween: Resurrection is such a totally shitty movie. :vomit:

Todd 78
08-12-2007, 08:27 AM
People say one thing and do the opposite all the time. Maybe he won't do it.

They will make another one.

Likely, but stop making an assumption that it is a fact. You keep doing that

Myers Insurance
08-12-2007, 08:40 AM
I don't know who Michael Meyers is, but what happens to Michael MYERS's face is that he's wearing a paper mache mask.

H-Field Hero
08-12-2007, 08:42 AM
It does (over the air, and part of Dish Network's HD programming), but I was watching it on Dish Network SD, as we haven't upgraded to any HD programming yet.I was amazed back in June (when I purchased my HD tv) that an HD signal can be broadcast over the air-waves haha. You better get that HD upgrade, sonny. Unless direct tv charges and arm and a leg.

Myers Insurance
08-12-2007, 08:53 AM
I don't care.Speak American, that's what I understand.:bastard:

Favorite = favourite
Color = colour

Basically, any word with "or" becomes "our". Making since?

Kinick
08-12-2007, 08:59 AM
I wish i was here when Rob first started posting when the film was announced, would have been very interesting.

I read a few posts of his after the casting breaking was leaked on here to just before production.haha

Really trying to calm people down by saying just because it's in the breakdown doesn't mean it's in the film, when it was in the script. Atleast he came on here to make sure what to/or not to do. Or in some cases just to basically warn fans what his vision was going to involve.

Khan
08-12-2007, 10:32 AM
I remember when the script was leaked a while ago and had the stuff that Rob said was only meant for the casting sheet.

I wasn't on this board, but it was total chaos on the board I was on.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Technically they're speaking English and we're speaking American.
No...technically, we're TYPING. :p

He just got outta the can. So he's wearing his Shit Mask.

Favorite = favourite
Color = colour

Basically, any word with "or" becomes "our". Making since?
Even the word "or?" That must make things confusing...our not. :p

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Wow...major news. They're pulling a last-minute title change on us. The film is no longer going to be called, simply, Halloween. The new title is...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/jamesoblivion/hillbillys-in-a-haunted-house.jpg

The Dark Shape
08-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Halloween's one thing, but I can't stand by a remake of Hillbillys In a Haunted House. Goddamn you, Rob Zombie.

shoe1985
08-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Likely, but stop making an assumption that it is a fact. You keep doing that

I went with them making a sequel, which is going to happen with or without Rob. I am just saying that he will do it if they throw a ton of money his way. Nobody ever denies money.

People are signed on for more sequels. Just because Rob wasn't approached doesn't mean they are not prepping one. It is all going to come down to the numbers for this remake to determine the type of sequel.

MichaelMyers04
08-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I've seen it.

However, I believe at the end that Michael is attacking Loomis, not Bob.

I think that's the other Tv Spot, that's one that I've seen on Youtube. In mine, it was clearly Bob walking through the hallways, and Michael jumps out and grabs him. It's an old tv spot, with just a few variations.

Andre3000
08-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Scout hasn't been on her chat for a couple of days.. Its very upsetting.

Khan
08-12-2007, 11:37 AM
She has been at a convention.

Kinick
08-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Apparently there's a new TV spot showing... with a bit more of Loomis, keep an eye out over there.

MischievousSpirit
08-12-2007, 12:14 PM

Maybe she's got a life, and doesn't spend 24/7 on the computer like most of us around here do, or maybe she's being tired of being harrassed by weirdos like you? :bastard:

The Kilted One
08-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Maybe she's got a life, and doesn't spend 24/7 on the computer like most of us around here do, or maybe she's being tired of being harrassed by weirdos like you? :bastard:

Meow! Retract your claws, mate!

MischievousSpirit
08-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Meow! Retract your claws, mate!

ACCCCCCCCK PFFFFFFFFFT! :haha:

Todd 78
08-12-2007, 12:44 PM

You would know from experience don't ya. Mr Restraining Order waiting to happen.:bastard:

Worthystevens
08-12-2007, 01:12 PM

She's at the Horrorfind convention along with Malcolm, Danielle and Kristina.

The Kilted One
08-12-2007, 01:25 PM
She's at the Horrorfind convention along with Malcolm, Danielle and Kristina.

She's lucky as hell... I wish I was there.

PG Soul
08-12-2007, 01:59 PM
I heard that young Michael Myers asks Doctor Loomis, what is up with his funny accent or something! Good gosh!:nodsmile:

Flash Over
08-12-2007, 02:19 PM
I heard that young Michael Myers asks Doctor Loomis, what is up with his funny accent or something! Good gosh!

Kids will be kids

Spookshow
08-12-2007, 02:22 PM
I wish I was with Danielle

Worthystevens
08-12-2007, 02:25 PM
She's lucky as hell... I wish I was there.

Horrorfind was fantastic; I was there on Friday and yesterday. The girls were just breathtaking seeing them in person.

PG Soul
08-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Kids will be kids

I actually happen to think the English accent is so darn sexy, not that I'm biased or anything and in particular the Northern English accent which Loomis speaks is the sexiest, again not that I'm biased or anything. :)

But seriously though I heard that segment of the movie is improvised and I am glas to hear that there is emphasis on acting within this movie and not just a plain ole hack n slash.

Character driven stalk n slash melodrama!

I do believe this is a first, Hannibal Lecter saga doesn't count! :)

Khan
08-12-2007, 02:27 PM
The Lecter movies are thrillers, not slashers.

mmyers666
08-12-2007, 02:36 PM
hannible rising was a slsher i thought not a good one but it was

Joker
08-12-2007, 02:59 PM
But seriously though I heard that segment of the movie is improvised and I am glas to hear that there is emphasis on acting within this movie and not just a plain ole hack n slash.

Really? Can't wait to see that.

Myers Insurance
08-12-2007, 03:01 PM
What's there to improv? MICHAEL'S COMING, RUN! // Wait, let me do a monolouge real quick...

MichaelMyers04
08-12-2007, 03:07 PM
What's there to improv? MICHAEL'S COMING, RUN! // Wait, let me do a monolouge real quick...

:roflmao: I heard there was a bit of improv in the sanitarium scenes with Dr. Loomis. Can't wait to check those out.

Myers Insurance
08-12-2007, 03:09 PM
I guess.

Myers Insurance
08-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Even the word "or?" That must make things confusing...our not. :p

It stays as or, lmao.

mcilroga
08-12-2007, 03:17 PM
The Lecter movies are thrillers, not slashers.

No, they're smack dab in the middle; psychological horror movies. The Silence Of The Lambs, for example, was marketed as a thriller because horror films don't make much of a killing at the Academy Awards, and it did. Needless to say, it has all the prominent elements to make a horror film, despite what its bullshit genre sticker says. ;)

Todd
08-12-2007, 04:13 PM
No, they're smack dab in the middle; psychological horror movies. The Silence Of The Lambs, for example, was marketed as a thriller because horror films don't make much of a killing at the Academy Awards, and it did. Needless to say, it has all the prominent elements to make a horror film, despite what its bullshit genre sticker says. ;)
Yep.
The Silence of The Lambs could easily be labeled a horror movie, but the hollywood snobs wouldn't have it.

Khan
08-12-2007, 04:18 PM

Yeah, you are right.

They just aren't slashers.

Andre3000
08-12-2007, 04:38 PM
I never harassed her... And I'm not a wierdo. All I did was ask her a few questions, and asked her for my autograph....

MyersFan927
08-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I saw a TV spot that tramples the one on the main page. I saw a couple of things they haven't shown elsewhere and it was fantastic.

MyersDawg
08-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Hey ya'll...can ya'll tell me the specifics about the Loomis thing at the ending of the movie? How exactly does he get his eyes gouged out? I mean gosh. McDowell signed on for 3...will he be blind or something in the seqel if it happens? Thanks...

Lupinus
08-12-2007, 05:43 PM
scout has a chat?

MyersFan927
08-12-2007, 05:47 PM
I heard about Loomis' fate in the goofs section on imdb's page haha. How unexpected is that? What I want to know if how this information got out...haven't been checking this thread in a while. Too overwhelming, too much speculation.

Dutchess
08-12-2007, 05:54 PM
i just finally saw a commercial for Halloween while i was watching South Park! i didn't think i ever would, i'm happy now

shoe1985
08-12-2007, 06:00 PM
They showed a trailer during the Seahawks preseason game.

Ana-Matronic
08-12-2007, 06:10 PM
At my blockbuster they have the poster on the front wall when you check out.

MyersFan927
08-12-2007, 06:11 PM
The theatrical poster?

Ana-Matronic
08-12-2007, 06:17 PM
No...the poster for the DVD...OF COURSE THE THEATRICAL POSTER, there isn't any other one! :P

Myers Insurance
08-12-2007, 06:30 PM
scout has a chat?

She has AIM.

ColadaSplash
08-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Yes, Scout has AIM -- as well as 911 on speed dial.

Yes, Blockbuster is one of this film's promotional partners due to the Weinstein deal. Ours has a poster too. I don't work there thank god, but I've seen the poster. :)

Some real weirdos have approached Scout. The girl really needs to be more cautious when it comes to giving out personal info in the future. She hangs around with the stalked Danielle Harris and should know better.

ColadaSplash
08-12-2007, 07:05 PM
I'll be going to a press screening in the coming weeks. Got the final word this weekend. Honestly, I'm shocked I'm being sent it because I haven't been too kind this week. Maybe that's why they're sending me -- to punish me. :)

I've upped my vodka intake to help get prepared. From what I've been hearing around the circuit this last week, this films finishes what Thorn and Busta Rhymes started. Woo hoo!

Basically, expect terrible reviews from genre reviewers. Mainstream reviewers will likely tear it apart when they see it.

We could be competing on a "Halloween: Resurrection" 11% splat level here on Rotten Tomatoes come opening weekend. Realistically, it will probably be a little better than the "When a Stranger Calls" remake. I'm guessing the tomatometer will top off around 20% or so.

Myers Insurance
08-12-2007, 07:19 PM
She gives up her AIM and spoilers?! What's next?

Andre3000
08-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I heard about Loomis' fate in the goofs section on imdb's page haha. .
Thanks.. I love your spoiler tags..

Myers Insurance
08-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Did he actually post the fate?

Shamrock-Robot
08-12-2007, 07:40 PM

Yep half of the film has already been spoiled for me, When I read through these post's Im gonna have to start keeping one eye shut and another barely open, Why some people want to read an entire script before seeing the film is beyond me.

MyersFan75
08-12-2007, 08:46 PM

If you feel you've been spoiled, don't worry. It hasn't yet been confirmed as to if Loomis dies or not. He could just be injured.

MMyersisgod
08-12-2007, 08:48 PM
im starting to got angry about this film and dont know why i think i wanted a sequel not a remake

wyatt s
08-12-2007, 08:53 PM
im starting to got angry about this film and dont know why i think i wanted a sequel not a remake

Why? There isn't any way that I, or anybody I talk to, can think of to make a sequel that would have been able to be good in the least bit. I don't understand the idea of being angered that there is a remake instead of a sequel, because as far as I'm concerned the remake was the best way to be able to take Halloween, a film and series that I have loved and stared at in horror as I've watched it descend into utter crap, and turn it into something of quality again.

Frazetta
08-12-2007, 08:53 PM
im starting to got angry about this film and dont know why i think i wanted a sequel not a remake Realalistically, where do you think a sequel could have gone after the shitbomb that was H:R?

Worthystevens
08-12-2007, 09:24 PM
With this particular film I couldn't give a shit about the critics' reviews, whether they come out positive and/or negative. It'd be nice to hear this get some praise, but if it doesn't, it won't kill me.

Hearing that the final test screenings went great is enough for me.

EDIT -

Found an internet ad...

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5025/halloweenadef6.jpg

nwiser
08-13-2007, 04:24 AM
If you feel you've been spoiled, don't worry. It hasn't yet been confirmed as to if Loomis dies or not. He could just be injured.

haha yeah it wont be confirmed until the sequel. if he's not in it...he's dead. :bastard:

nwiser
08-13-2007, 04:34 AM
Why? There isn't any way that I, or anybody I talk to, can think of to make a sequel that would have been able to be good in the least bit. I don't understand the idea of being angered that there is a remake instead of a sequel, because as far as I'm concerned the remake was the best way to be able to take Halloween, a film and series that I have loved and stared at in horror as I've watched it descend into utter crap, and turn it into something of quality again.

about a year or more before the remake was announced, wasnt there a sequel rumor floating around which involved Michaels survivors(Tommy, John, Jamie's kid, etc) and Loomis' son? I dont know the details but I'm assuming they would all come together to take down Michael once and for all.

As with any movie, something like that could either be great or it could be a disaster...it all would depend on the writers, cast, and crew...but I thought the general premise sounded decent. :nodsmile:

Khan
08-13-2007, 04:45 AM

So you have seen it?:bastard:

MyersDawg
08-13-2007, 05:11 AM
About the Loomis thing: So not much is known about his 'death'. Was it in the screening? If so can someone tell me what happens?

Man In Black
08-13-2007, 06:05 AM
About the Loomis thing: So not much is known about his 'death'. Was it in the screening? If so can someone tell me what happens?

Forum member FreakZILLA went to the LA screening and said:
It appears that Michael kills Dr. Loomis at the end by crushing the bridge of his nose into his brain, but that could easily be retconned into Dr. Loomis being unconcious in a sequel.

krustytheklown
08-13-2007, 07:16 AM
did i see on the second trailer myers busting out of his chains in smiths grove? ive only seen it once, so i may be remembering wrong. if he is, im going to have to cry bullshit at that point. handcuffs mabye, but even supernatural freak myers from H6 couldnt bust full body chains. if RZ is pushing for more realism, thats not the way to go. if i am remembering wrong, just tell me im full of shit, im cool with that.

The Kilted One
08-13-2007, 07:27 AM
did i see on the second trailer myers busting out of his chains in smiths grove? ive only seen it once, so i may be remembering wrong. if he is, im going to have to cry bullshit at that point. handcuffs mabye, but even supernatural freak myers from H6 couldnt bust full body chains. if RZ is pushing for more realism, thats not the way to go. if i am remembering wrong, just tell me im full of shit, im cool with that.

You're full of shit. :bastard:

Sorry, but I couldn't stop myself... honestly, it's hard for me to say about the chains. I'll have to watch it a few more times.

Man In Black
08-13-2007, 07:32 AM
What he does is pull those things on his hips (the part the chain threads through) away which gives him more arm maneuvering. Still take a lot of strength as they are screwed into the leather belt.
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c7a501e911.jpg

krustytheklown
08-13-2007, 07:47 AM
What he does is pull those things on his hips (the part the chain threads through) away which gives him more arm maneuvering. Still take a lot of strength as they are screwed into the leather belt.
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c7a501e911.jpg

thanks. yep, im full of shit. i didnt want to over scrutinize the trailer as ive already spoiled too much. i have a problem with robs refusal to embrace the digital filmaking age, but thats another matter.hoping early word on the flick is wrong, find out soon enough.:yar:

Padams
08-13-2007, 08:51 AM
I am really digging Dee Wallace's wounds. Specifically ..
I like the fact that she has defensive wounds on her hands. I hope she tried to fight off Michael's knife before becoming that thing on the couch. Not many movies think of that, so maybe Rob is going for a bit of realism.
Let us hope.

Myers Insurance
08-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Rob has already said that majority of the characters fight for their lives.

Danielle said in the video interview that when Michael attacks him, she's hitting, kicking, etc. Michael to live.

Khan
08-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Danielle is five feet even (or less), so she can't put up that much of a fight.

samhain51
08-13-2007, 08:57 AM
The death scenes from what Ive seen in the movie so far are good!!!A littlt bit too gory for ones Halloween taste though!!!

Padams
08-13-2007, 08:59 AM

Anyone can put up a fight, dude. Besides, she can just bite his ankles.

Khan
08-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Anyone can put up a fight, dude. Besides, she can just bite his ankles.

:roflmao:

samhain51
08-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Or she could stand on a chair!!!

MyersFan927
08-13-2007, 09:16 AM

I only said "his fate". I didn't say what the poster ahead of me had, that included what specifically happens. Jackass.

Kinick
08-13-2007, 09:24 AM
I only said "his fate". I didn't say what the poster ahead of me had, that included what specifically happens. Jackass.

Yeah but the poster above you included spoiler tags, hence warning people that it contained spoilers.

wyatt s
08-13-2007, 09:28 AM
about a year or more before the remake was announced, wasnt there a sequel rumor floating around which involved Michaels survivors(Tommy, John, Jamie's kid, etc) and Loomis' son? I dont know the details but I'm assuming they would all come together to take down Michael once and for all.

As with any movie, something like that could either be great or it could be a disaster...it all would depend on the writers, cast, and crew...but I thought the general premise sounded decent. :nodsmile:

It is my opinion that after the travesty that was H:R there was no more places to go in a sequel, and there was no way that said sequel could have been more than a slight upgrade from H:R. The only way that I can think of to make a film that had the potential to be descent was to make the remake. Is it a garuntee that the remake will be good? No. But it has a better chance than a sequel did. Again that's all just opinion.

Andre3000
08-13-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm not the one who spoiled the movie.. So I'm not the jackass here..

wyatt s
08-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Just saw a TV spot I had yet to see before. A lot of Loomis in it, starts with him saying that he first met Michael 17 years ago. Pretty impressive spot.

Man In Black
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Here's one:
ahJFSR6aquw

Worthystevens
08-13-2007, 10:27 AM
I just saw an internet ad for the movie on Joblo.com.

Roswell
08-13-2007, 10:30 AM
The death scenes from what Ive seen in the movie so far are good!!!A littlt bit too gory for ones Halloween taste though!!!

It can't be any worse than H6's exploding heads and impalements.

shoe1985
08-13-2007, 10:34 AM
It is my opinion that after the travesty that was H:R there was no more places to go in a sequel, and there was no way that said sequel could have been more than a slight upgrade from H:R. The only way that I can think of to make a film that had the potential to be descent was to make the remake. Is it a garuntee that the remake will be good? No. But it has a better chance than a sequel did. Again that's all just opinion.

A sequel could be good, but it depends were they would take the series. H:R was not the way to go. It wasn't a bad movie, but being in a series like Halloween didn't help the movie. The problem with the movie was it tried to be to modern and forgot it was a Halloween movie. I didn't have any feeling that H:R was a Halloween movie.

People can say there was no direction left, but they said the same thing after H6. Then H20 came out and people got excited again. With the remake, people are excited again. This could have been a prequel only, and people would probably be excited.

At the end of the day, you go for the best option available. For Akkad and company, this is the best option they felt they had. They wanted a fresh start, and a sequel could have allowed that, but you going to hear complaints from people saying how they acknowledge something from a sequel. Really, nobody wants to hear about Thorn, they really want to hear about the characters. There was a script by Justin Morris, it wasn't being looked at, that could have easily been made into a sequel and it had pretty much no mention of Thorn. The timing was off for the movie though because JLC came back into the series. She offered everyone the best option for the series to continue.

A sequel could have worked, but the remake offers everyone involved the best option to continue the series for another decade.

krustytheklown
08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm not the one who spoiled the movie.. So I'm not the jackass here..

its funny you mention that tears for fears song. my sons semi favorite movie is donnie darko, where a cover is done of its a mad mad world.i love tears for fears, but i actually think of it as an improvement. i also had used that as an analogy why people do movie remakes, comparing it to a cover song that takes the original lyrics and changes them in a way that makes it unique to the artist,like RZ halloween. if you cant tell a cover song from the original,then why bother?

Man In Black
08-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I just saw an internet ad for the movie on Joblo.com.

Jpeg version:
http://m1.2mdn.net/1471179/Halloween_160x600_v3_pre.jpg
Flash version: http://m1.2mdn.net/1471179/Halloween_160x600_v3n.swf

Jpeg version:
http://m1.2mdn.net/1471179/Halloween_728x90_v3_pre.jpg
Flash version: http://m1.2mdn.net/1471179/Halloween_728x90_v3.swf

InTheDeep2007
08-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Love the poster!. I did see the new " alot of loomis in it " TV spot and I liked it

Andre3000
08-13-2007, 11:27 AM
I think Scout got rid of her chat box... :(

Todd
08-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Don't be so certain about that.

MichaelMyers04
08-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Sweet, that's an awesome tv spot. It has a lot of scenes that I haven't seen before. Just hope there's a better quality of it, as it's one of the better tv spots so far.

halo thirty one
08-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Is anyone else having problems watching the trailer and TV spots at halloween-themovie.com? It always seems to freeze when I watch them.

The Kilted One
08-13-2007, 11:47 AM

Yea, after all that stalker stuff, Danielle started martial arts training. I guarantee that, in real life mind you, if she was attacked by someone who didn't take her seriously, her finger would be on the OC button and her foot would be about the perp's crotch in no time flat. The point here is that it's foolish to judge someone's fighting spirit just by looking at them. Annie is the Sheriff's daughter, so she might know a thing or two about self defense also.

MichaelMyers04
08-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Yea, after all that stalker stuff, Danielle started martial arts training. I guarantee that, in real life mind you, if she was attacked by someone who didn't take her seriously, her finger would be on the OC button and her foot would be about the perp's crotch in no time flat. The point here is that it's foolish to judge someone's fighting spirit just by looking at them. Annie is the Sheriff's daughter, so she might know a thing or two about self defense also.

Yea, I agree. From what I've seen in the trailers, the tv spots, and from what people have been speculating, Annie (among others as well) will put up one hell of a fight against Michael. In fact, that's one of the main scenes I want to see, because it's going to be a nice change to see people actually trying to fight hard for their lives. This only happened a few times in the old series.

Myers Insurance
08-13-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm more interested in seeing how/if Kristian Klebe fights back since she's being strangled by the phone.

Khan
08-13-2007, 11:57 AM

With weapons involved, I agree.

That or a good kick to the nuts.

PG Soul
08-13-2007, 12:22 PM

Yeah, but so was Britney Murphy is Cherry Falls, daddy was teaching her some self defence, a whole lot of good it did her, and him!

The folks in Haddonfield must be real laid back, not noticing anything a bit suspicious with regards to a man walking around in a white mask like that. I guess everyday's Halloween over at Jamie's house though, so it figures.

Khan
08-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Maybe there is a martial arts fight between Annie and Michael that is right out of The Matrix. :bastard:

Frazetta
08-13-2007, 01:06 PM
With weapons involved, I agree.

That or a good kick to the nuts.
Or maybe just doing something else to the nuts :)

krustytheklown
08-13-2007, 01:15 PM
A sequel could be good, but it depends were they would take the series. H:R was not the way to go. It wasn't a bad movie, but being in a series like Halloween didn't help the movie. The problem with the movie was it tried to be to modern and forgot it was a Halloween movie. I didn't have any feeling that H:R was a Halloween movie.

People can say there was no direction left, but they said the same thing after H6. Then H20 came out and people got excited again. With the remake, people are excited again. This could have been a prequel only, and people would probably be excited.

At the end of the day, you go for the best option available. For Akkad and company, this is the best option they felt they had. They wanted a fresh start, and a sequel could have allowed that, but you going to hear complaints from people saying how they acknowledge something from a sequel. Really, nobody wants to hear about Thorn, they really want to hear about the characters. There was a script by Justin Morris, it wasn't being looked at, that could have easily been made into a sequel and it had pretty much no mention of Thorn. The timing was off for the movie though because JLC came back into the series. She offered everyone the best option for the series to continue.

A sequel could have worked, but the remake offers everyone involved the best option to continue the series for another decade.

the sequel could be the best written in the history of horror and directed by JC himself, but you can never recover from michael being told to "get the fuck out of dodge" and then getting kung fu'ed out the window. he sort of lost his edge when JLC went after him with the axe, then it went out the window with busta. sucks, it was a decent run, well, not really halloween batted mabye 500 with the series.:)

MischievousSpirit
08-13-2007, 01:15 PM
I loved when Laurie kicked Michael in the nuts in H20, and his eyes bugged out!

The Kilted One
08-13-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm telling you guys, if you think it's impossible for a smaller person to stop a bigger person, you're wrong. Don't misunderstand, size is a big factor in a fight. That said, if you're set on attacking a little 95 pound girl and as soon as you lay hands on her, she gouges your eye out with her thumb, you'll probably loose your will to fight.

Khan
08-13-2007, 01:24 PM
We are talking about a 6'8" Michael Myers that can single handedly decimate several trained security guards and withstand multiple attacks from people armed with guns and sharp objects.

scion05
08-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Or she could stand on a chair!!!

:roflmao:

shoe1985
08-13-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm telling you guys, if you think it's impossible for a smaller person to stop a bigger person, you're wrong. Don't misunderstand, size is a big factor in a fight. That said, if you're set on attacking a little 95 pound girl and as soon as you lay hands on her, she gouges your eye out with her thumb, you'll probably loose your will to fight.

Actually, it isn't impossible, as you said. If someone feels they are going to die, they will put up the fight of their lives. People can gain strength they could never have imagined they had. Not everyone is like this, but it does happen.

I remember this bully in my high school. He was a big fellow, probably weighed 240, about 6 feet tall, and this was in 7th grade. He was picking on a buddy of mine who was around 130, 5'5. The bully took his own lunch and dumped it over my friend's head, and my friend snapped and beat the hell out of the bully. The bully never picked on him again.

Frazetta
08-13-2007, 01:31 PM
he sort of lost his edge when JLC went after him with the axe, then it went out the window with busta. sucks, it was a decent run, well, not really halloween batted mabye 500 with the series.:) One of my alltime favorite Halloeen moments is Michael slowly lowering himself with one arm behind Laurie. That's still creepy & bad as Hell. Too bad Laurie completely punked his ass out afterwards.

The Kilted One
08-13-2007, 02:08 PM
We are talking about a 6'8" Michael Myers that can single handedly decimate several trained security guards and withstand multiple attacks from people armed with guns and sharp objects.

True, but all I keep hearing is: "This film is going to be more realistic, this film is going to be more realistic...". If that's true, then I have only one thing to say:
If the Shape can loose an eye to Jamie Lee's coat hanger, then Michael Myers could theoretically loose an eye to Danielle's thumb.
That's all I'm saying. :nodsmile:

Khan
08-13-2007, 02:15 PM
That much is true.

The Kilted One
08-13-2007, 02:18 PM
That much is true.

Well good, I guess we're in agreement...:bastard:

mcilroga
08-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Actually, it isn't impossible, as you said. If someone feels they are going to die, they will put up the fight of their lives. People can gain strength they could never have imagined they had. Not everyone is like this, but it does happen.

I remember this bully in my high school. He was a big fellow, probably weighed 240, about 6 feet tall, and this was in 7th grade. He was picking on a buddy of mine who was around 130, 5'5. The bully took his own lunch and dumped it over my friend's head, and my friend snapped and beat the hell out of the bully. The bully never picked on him again.

You're right, strength relies on epinephrine... if the central nervous system is running wild, your opponent better look out. Take the grandmother who can suddenly lift a pickup truck off of her grandson, barreled underneath it, for example. Who would've thought someone's agility could be so powerful... The bloodstream is a tricky fucking devil. ;)

PG Soul
08-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah but I don't think Michael Myers knows how to shoot a gun though.

shoe1985
08-13-2007, 02:33 PM
You're right, strength relies on epinephrine... if the central nervous system is running wild, your opponent better look out. Take the grandmother who can suddenly lift a pickup truck off of her grandson, barreled underneath it, for example. Who would've thought someone's agility could be so powerful... The bloodstream is a tricky fucking devil. ;)

I have heard a story were a grandmother had a grandson get runned over by a car, and she literally picked up the car and a person nearby grabbed the boy. She was in her 80's I believe. There are many stories like this.

I heard a story about when we, the USA, used one of the bombs on Japan and there were lifters lifting pianos into a building. When they saw people dying in front of them, they grabbed the piano and ran it into the building like it was a paperweight.

He doesn't need to shoot well, he just needs to know how to pull the trigger. I would assume it would already be loaded.

The Kilted One
08-13-2007, 02:35 PM

What the hell are you talking about, good sir?

Khan
08-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Michael doesn't need a gun to kill people.

Todd
08-13-2007, 02:55 PM
It's not like Annie is going to kick Michaels ass.
She simply puts up a good fight for a bit.

Myers Insurance
08-13-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm assuming Annie's fight for her life is a good one considering she lives.

MyersFan75
08-13-2007, 03:21 PM
One of my alltime favorite Halloeen moments is Michael slowly lowering himself with one arm behind Laurie. That's still creepy & bad as Hell. Too bad Laurie completely punked his ass out afterwards.

I think it would have been better if he had gotten his shoulder stab on Laurie before she turns around and hits him with the axe.

That would of have made for a better homage to the original, with a slightly different twist.

YourAverageJoe
08-13-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm assuming Annie's fight for her life is a good one considering she lives.

Eh? Interesting. Don't know if I like that or not.

Frazetta
08-13-2007, 04:36 PM
I think it would have been better if he had gotten his shoulder stab on Laurie before she turns around and hits him with the axe.

That would of have made for a better homage to the original, with a slightly different twist. Yeah that would have been better than what actually took place. The buildup was tremendous but what happened after he lowered himself was a huge letdown.

Todd
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah that would have been better than what actually took place. The buildup was tremendous but what happened after he lowered himself was a huge letdown.
You really thought so?
I liked the way Laurie stalked into the building ready to whip some ass, but then reality hit her when she nailed Michael with the ax and he didn't go down. At that moment, she knew that her anger alone wasn't going to carry the day.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-13-2007, 04:49 PM
It stays as or, lmao.
Yeah, I know...just taking the piss, mate. ;)

I use a weird hybrid form of spelling...generally, I spell "American," but I insist upon using an "E" in "grey." It just looks better than way, dammit.

Which reminds me...it's been a loooooooooong time since I've written a Deconstructing Scary column. haha I wish I wasn't so motherfucking busy all the time...I love writing that damn thing.

shoe1985
08-13-2007, 05:41 PM
trick or treat baby

good line

Todd
08-13-2007, 05:44 PM
They just played the new tv spot on USA.
Damn, it's hard to believe we're only a little more than two weeks away.

Todd 78
08-13-2007, 05:45 PM
They just played the new tv spot on USA.
Damn, it's hard to believe we're only a little more than two weeks away.

Yep. It should be very interesting around here after it comes out.

MischievousSpirit
08-13-2007, 05:46 PM
trick or treat baby

good line

Busta Rhymes delivery of Trick or Treat muthafucka was WAY better!

benluvin
08-13-2007, 05:49 PM
I love when Loomis says "These are the eyes of a Psychopath."

It just sounds cool.

Roswell
08-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Yep. It should be very interesting around here after it comes out.

I know I'm probably just going to say my peace about the film and then get the hell outta here.

wyatt s
08-13-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm sure I'll put in my 2 cents on what I thought was good or bad, and then I'll just watch things as they unfold, for the most part anyway. I'm going to atleast try not to get caught up in the whole defending or attacking the film arguments that I'm sure will fly when the movie comes out. At the same time though, I know that there will be points brought up that just demand to be countered