PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie's Halloween: Discussion XIII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Thurisaz
08-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Previous: http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=11921

Man In Black
08-04-2007, 10:23 PM
I didn't really read the last thread in detail since I went to sleep last night so I'm not sure if this was posted - TV spot #3 (or maybe #4 - but the third one I've seen and I don't think this was the the one which was on E!). Uploaded by spennsylvanial.

7lExtR3a7AQ

Frazetta
08-04-2007, 10:25 PM
That's the best tv spot I've seen sofar.

Worthystevens
08-04-2007, 10:29 PM
I didn't feel that spot. Can't put my finger on it. I guess it just didn't measure up to the other spots so far. And nope, that wasn't the E! spot.

ghettomyers
08-04-2007, 10:32 PM
lol 2 things first wat was lil mikey doin screamin it looks like, and lol to me scout sounded funny as hell sayin was that the boogeyman

Ana-Matronic
08-04-2007, 11:06 PM
well...JLC didn't sound all that great saying it herself...to this day I can't tell if she's saying Was It The Boogeyman or What's The Boogeyman.

Worthystevens
08-04-2007, 11:10 PM
JLC didn't sound that great saying a lot of things.

'The keys! Oh, the kkkkkkkeeeeyyyysss!'

:roflmao:

TheShape'78
08-04-2007, 11:12 PM
well...JLC didn't sound all that great saying it herself...to this day I can't tell if she's saying Was It The Boogeyman or What's The Boogeyman.

she is saying "what's the boogeyman" cos that is the question that tommy asked her.

as is said in the film :

Tommy Doyle: Laurie, what's the boogeyman?
Laurie: There's no such thing.
-----------------------------
Laurie: What's the boogeyman?
Dr. Sam Loomis: As a matter of fact... that was.

-mitch-

Frazetta
08-04-2007, 11:15 PM
I always assumed she said 'It was the Boogeyman?' with Loomis answering 'As a matter of fact It was.'

TheShape'78
08-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I always assumed she said 'It was the Boogeyman?' with Loomis answering 'As a matter of fact It was.'

nah, go back and watch it and you'll see she says "what's the boogeyman".

-mitch-

ColadaSplash
08-04-2007, 11:17 PM
she is saying "what's the boogeyman" cos that is the question that tommy asked her.

as is said in the film :

Tommy Doyle: Laurie, what's the boogeyman?
Laurie: There's no such thing.
----------------------------
Dr. Sam Loomis: As a matter of fact... that was.

-mitch-

I think she's saying: "Was it the boogeyman?"

Directly after, Loomis replys: "As a matter of fact, it was..."

It wouldn't make any sense for that Loomis line to follow "what's the boogeyman."

----

Loomis: As a matter of fact, it was...

It doesn't make any sense.

----

Well, in any matter, she should have been more precise. I know she was just attacked, but the lines must be clear. :)

Man In Black
08-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Yes she was stating that "it was" the boogeyman with Loomis agreeing, while this Laurie is not so cocksure "was that"? Loomis will probably answer the same.

Anyway another TV Spot from MySpace - the one which was on E! (worthystevens mentioned) - really bad quality:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=15003938

TheShape'78
08-04-2007, 11:20 PM
yes it does. the question is "what's the boogeyman?" and his answer is "as a matter of fact that was", telling her that the thing he just shot off the balcony was the boogeyman.

-mitch-

Dark Empire
08-04-2007, 11:24 PM
The TV Spots look really good but we need better quality for both of them.

Thurisaz
08-04-2007, 11:25 PM
yes it does. the question is "what's the boogeyman?" and his answer is "as a matter of fact that was", telling her that the thing he just shot off the balcony was the boogeyman.

-mitch-

Wrong. She said "It was the boogeyman" as mentioned above.

TheShape'78
08-04-2007, 11:27 PM
well, i just watched it a few seconds ago to prove it to myself since i haven't watched it in a while. i had the volume as far up as it would go, and she clearly states "what's the boogeyman". there is not "it" or "was" anywhere in what she says.

-mitch-

ColadaSplash
08-04-2007, 11:27 PM

-mitch-

Sorry, I was an English major for six months, and that doesn't make sense at all. :bastard:

------
"What's the boogeyman?"
-----
That's a question.
-----
"As a matter of fact, it was..."
-----
That's really a statement in this situation. It could be an answer, but not to this question.
-----
It's not an answer to the question she supposedly asked -- in any way. If she asked that question, Loomis should have responded: "Well, the boogeyman is green, tall, and scary" or something along those lines. :bastard:

----------------------

Not saying you're wrong. Just that that's a very poor delivery of lines. I never paid attention.

TheShape'78
08-04-2007, 11:30 PM
well take that up w/ john carpenter. i've made my point, i know for a fact that she says "what's the boogeyman?", and i am done w/ this conversation.

-mitch-

Thurisaz
08-04-2007, 11:31 PM
well, i just watched it a few seconds ago to prove it to myself since i haven't watched it in a while. i had the volume as far up as it would go, and she clearly states "what's the boogeyman". there is not "it" or "was" anywhere in what she says.

-mitch-

It seems as if your copy of the movie is damaged then. Because mine does not say that.

And if the actual movie isn't good enough for you, the script (http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/halloween.html) should be.

TheShape'78
08-04-2007, 11:32 PM
It seems as if your copy of the movie is damaged then. Because mine does not say that.

yeah, all three of my h1 dvd's are damaged. :crazy:

-mitch-

Frazetta
08-04-2007, 11:33 PM
I must have a different version then because mine doesn't say it either.

Thurisaz
08-04-2007, 11:34 PM
yeah, all three of my h1 dvd's are damaged. :crazy:

-mitch-

Perhaps it's your hearing and not your DVDs.

TheShape'78
08-04-2007, 11:39 PM
perhaps i just watched it five times in a row, perhaps the volume was loud as shit, and perhaps i listened super carefully and read her lips, and perhaps she said "what's the boogeyman". bad hearing? far from it. think what you want, cos i know for a fact (not a doubt in my mind) that she said "what's the boogeyman".

-mitch-

Dark Empire
08-04-2007, 11:40 PM
LAURIE
It was the Boogeyman...

Loomis looks down at her, then up at the shattered window
at the end of the hall.

LOOMIS
As a matter of fact it was.

Thurisaz
08-04-2007, 11:41 PM
perhaps i just watched it five times in a row, perhaps the volume was loud as shit, and perhaps i listened super carefully and read her lips, and perhaps she said "what's the boogeyman". bad hearing? far from it. think what you want, cos i know for a fact (not a doubt in my mind) that she said "what's the boogeyman".

-mitch-

Well, my ears, the script for the movie, and the subtitles on the DVD say you're hearing something wrong.

wyatt s
08-04-2007, 11:42 PM

-mitch-

Sorry I gotta go with what's in the script on this one. Plus the fact that it's always been clear that the response she gets is in fact "As a matter of fact it was..." Which doesn't really make sense to me as a response to "What's the Boogeyman."

Frazetta
08-04-2007, 11:43 PM
We need a slow motion version of the clip from youtube!

TheShape'78
08-04-2007, 11:49 PM
We need a slow motion version of the clip from youtube!

no need, i admit defeat. after my eleventh listen (volume on full blast), i see that she does say "it was the boogeyman". but that damn "it" is almost non existent. she needs to speak louder, lol. sorry for wasting all this time, forgive me please.

-mitch-

Thurisaz
08-04-2007, 11:54 PM
no need, i admit defeat. after my eleventh listen (volume on full blast), i see that she does say "it was the boogeyman". but that damn "it" is almost non existent. she needs to speak louder, lol. sorry for wasting all this time, forgive me please.

-mitch-

No problem dude, everyone makes mistakes. Well, except shoe1985, but we can't all be like him :)

ghettomyers
08-04-2007, 11:54 PM
fuck it i still think she says wats the boogeyman, PLUS Loomis DOES NOT say "as a matter of fact it was" he says "as a matter of fact THAT was" SO WAZZZ UP! SAY SOMTIN!

wyatt s
08-04-2007, 11:55 PM

Admittedly, I've almost never heard exactly what the fuck she says. It's so soft and slurred that I do have to actively try and decipher it no matter how many times I hear it.

7lExtR3a7AQ

Cool TV spot. I'm really loving Malcolm McDowell more and more as Loomis the more I see of him

fuck it i still think she says wats the boogeyman, PLUS Loomis DOES NOT say "as a matter of fact it was" he says "as a matter of fact THAT was" SO WAZZZ UP! SAY SOMTIN!

SOMTIN, there I said it. Oh and you're wrong.

Thurisaz
08-04-2007, 11:56 PM

Nah, that's just his accent.

ghettomyers
08-05-2007, 12:01 AM
right right i knew dat, i was jus makin sure u did

MyersFan75
08-05-2007, 12:38 AM
I guess I'll just have to get accustomed to Scout's line. As of now, I think it sounds horrible.

However, it'll grow on me, I'm sure.

Joker
08-05-2007, 03:03 AM
That it is a cool tv spot. Wish it was better quality though.

Todd
08-05-2007, 06:35 AM
I'm seeing the tv spots frequently on a few channels, but not once on any local station or regular channel like NBC, CBS, or FOX.
Maybe it's because I don't watch them as frequently as I do other channels.
Putting the trailers on those networks would definitely reach out to more people, though.

H-Field Hero
08-05-2007, 06:44 AM
No tv spots on PBS!?!?!? What the fukzzzz.

The Kilted One
08-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Yea, that was a pretty magnanimous tv spot... sort of.

Kinick
08-05-2007, 07:06 AM
I have to say that the TV spots get me more excited that the theatrical trailer for some reason! Maybe it was the music... not sure.

Laow-Z
08-05-2007, 07:11 AM

-mitch-

I coulda told you that, just look at my signature i've had for 3 years:nodsmile:

MischievousSpirit
08-05-2007, 07:52 AM
I coulda told you that, just look at my signature i've had for 3 years:nodsmile:

Totally!

halo thirty one
08-05-2007, 08:10 AM
You are correct sir. It's written in the script that way

nah, go back and watch it and you'll see she says "what's the boogeyman".

-mitch-
Nope, sorry. A. It's written in the script "It was the boogeyman." Like Man In Black mentions, Loomis agrees with her. B. If you re-watch the scene Jamie Lee Curtis is not asking a question, she is making a statement that sounds like "was the boogyman" or "twas the boogeyman" with the it barely being heard. People can make fun of Curtis' acting in this scene all they want, but I think she did a great job of portraying someone who just had the wits scared out of her.

Hahaha! I knew you would be here to defend the line.

EDIT

Ooops, sorry. I got into the debate a little late and didn't realize it was already resolved. I just get a little excited when I see it brought up because it's one of my favorite topics to discuss here. Like Laow-Z keeps it in his signature, I use the line as my custom title each October.

As far as the TV spots go, I hope they all make it to the dvd.

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Did you all notice the dark figure standing outside of the car when young michael myers looks out of the car window?

Kill for him Michael, Kill for Thorn Enterprises.

The Frightmaster
08-05-2007, 09:08 AM

Yeah I always wondered what she was saying. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that wasn't sure what the hell she said.

I always thought she said, "Was it/that the Boogeyman."

It's written in the script "It was the boogeyman."

Thanks for clearing that up.

Worthystevens
08-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Has this been posted yet in a previous thread? If so, disregard this.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8901/halloweenadxo7.jpg

http://www.horrorfindweekend.com/state/maryland/august/events.html

Todd
08-05-2007, 09:59 AM
To be honest, as many times as I've seen the original Halloween, I've never been certain about exactly what Laurie said at the end.

mannylb88
08-05-2007, 10:01 AM
damn, this thread moves so quickly.

but yeah, i'm seeing a lot more tv spots, and a lot of my friends are getting excited, which they rightfully should.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Wow...three pages of debate over a line in H1. We're really stretching for shit to talk about in here. :p

The Frightmaster
08-05-2007, 10:02 AM
To be honest, as many times as I've seen the original Halloween, I've never been certain about exactly what Laurie said at the end.

Yeah once me and my cousin was watching it and when laurie said that line at the end my cousin said, "What did she say." I didn't really know so I just guessed and said she said, "was that the boogeyman?"

Frazetta
08-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Wow...three pages of debate over a line in H1. We're really stretching for shit to talk about in here. :p
Wait until we hit the 'Busta Rhymes contributions to the franchise' discussions!

The Dark Shape
08-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Man, I never once had trouble understanding what Laurie said in Halloween 1. If you were ever confused, "Was it the boogeyman" just doesn't match up with Loomis' line at all.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 10:29 AM

Me either.

The Frightmaster
08-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Man, I never once had trouble understanding what Laurie said in Halloween 1. If you were ever confused, "Was it the boogeyman" just doesn't match up with Loomis' line at all.

Even though they're not the actual line....
"Was that the boogeyman"
"Was it the boogeyman"

Would match up with Loomis' line because I'm pretty sure Loomis' line is "as a matter a fact it was." So it would make sense/up match with Loomis' line.

Villain612
08-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Was it just me or did Loomis (McDowell) also have long hair in one of those clips when he's talking to young Michael in that trailer?

Actually, I've been worried because of his lack of presence in these trailers. I hope he still has a considerable amount of screen time in the finished film.

The Frightmaster
08-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Was it just me or did Loomis (McDowell) also have long hair in one of those clips when he's talking to young Michael in that trailer?

yeah he has long hair with scenes with young Michael.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 10:36 AM

Actually, I've been worried because of his lack of presence in these trailers. I hope he still has a considerable amount of screen time in the finished film.

He has long hair in the scenes with Michael as a child.

MischievousSpirit
08-05-2007, 10:39 AM
I thought we cleared up this "It was the boogeyman" business? That should be for another thread, and we should get back on topic at hand. Rob Zombie's version of Halloween!

MichaelMyers04
08-05-2007, 10:45 AM

Same, I still don't know which one of the two she said LOL.

JLC didn't sound that great saying a lot of things.

'The keys! Oh, the kkkkkkkeeeeyyyysss!'

Hahahhahaa, good one :roflmao:

I liked this new TV spot, because it showed us young Michael talking, and the scenes in the sanitarium looked interesting.

The Dark Shape
08-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Okay, final time, for the record -- she says:

"It WAS the boogeyman."

It's the most important line in the movie, completely summing Michael up. There, now you know. If you've been hearing something different, then you're not hearing correctly.

Todd
08-05-2007, 10:48 AM
If you go only by what Loomis says in response, Laurie could have said a couple of different things.
Her line isn't that clear.
It's nothing to get worked up over, though.

The Frightmaster
08-05-2007, 10:50 AM
If you go only by what Loomis says in response, Laurie could have said a couple of different things.
Her line isn't that clear.
It's nothing to get worked up over, though.

Thank you. :nodsmile:

Villain612
08-05-2007, 10:51 AM
I never had any trouble figuring out what Laurie said.

Its always been "It was the boogeyman".
The "it" was kinda obscure, but I still knew what she said.

Loomis' kickass line right after it confirms it too.

benluvin
08-05-2007, 10:54 AM
I still haven't seen a tv spot on tv. Granted I haven't watched much tv lately, but whenever I have been watching it's been on the channels that they've been spotted on. I think theres a conspiracy against me. :ninja:

MichaelMyers04
08-05-2007, 10:54 AM

"It WAS the boogeyman."

It's the most important line in the movie, completely summing Michael up. There, now you know. If you've been hearing something different, then you're not hearing correctly.

It makes sense, but I've never heard her say "it", so I always assumed that she said "was't the boogeyman?" But apparently, she does say it, it's just very silent.

Todd
08-05-2007, 11:00 AM
It makes sense, but I've never heard her say "it", so I always assumed that she said "was't the boogeyman?" But apparently, she does say it, it's just very silent.
You get the gold star.
She may have intended to say, "it was the Boogeyman", but her pronunciation was definitely muffled, jumbled, or whatever you want to call it.

The Dark Shape
08-05-2007, 11:00 AM
But if you didn't think it was the right line because you didn't hear "It" at the beginning, where exactly did you hear it after "was"? And if she was asking if he was the boogeyman, Loomis' response should be something like, "Yes, it was."

Even then, just her tone. She's not asking something, she's making a statement.

Ana-Matronic
08-05-2007, 11:04 AM

"It WAS the boogeyman."

In all honesty, the script/subtitles could all say the correct line but maybe JLC just botched it up and couldn't say her line properly.

I will forever think she said Was it the boogeyman. ;) :bastard: At least Scout can say "Was That The Boogeyman" :P

Ana-Matronic
08-05-2007, 11:05 AM

I got a questionable tone from her inflection. Even within the remake's display of that scene Laurie seems to be asking a question.

Todd
08-05-2007, 11:09 AM
But if you didn't think it was the right line because you didn't hear "It" at the beginning, where exactly did you hear it after "was"? And if she was asking if he was the boogeyman, Loomis' response should be something like, "Yes, it was."

Actually, her tone sounded to me like she could have been asking a question. Regardless of how the script reads or what she tried to say, it came out kind of mushed together. Like I said previously, at the beginning of her line, JLC's pronunciation wasn't that clear.

mcilroga
08-05-2007, 11:15 AM
The woman had just been stabbed, thrown over a staircase, had shoved her hand through glass, fallen on the ground, choked, and that's just the physical pain. Believe me, it isn't the JLC fanboy inside me that doesn't blame her for the lack of perfect enunciation. ;)

Worthystevens
08-05-2007, 11:17 AM
I always felt that her tone wasn't really like she was asking if Michael was the boogeyman or not, just that it was a statement she was still a little unsure about.

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 11:22 AM
You haven't said a word in 15 years?

Terrortino
08-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Hmmm all these years i could swear Laurie said "Was it the boogieman?" to which Loomis replied "As a matter of fact, that was"

ahh well, still a great ending line no matter how it's said :nodsmile:

The Frightmaster
08-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Actually, her tone sounded to me like she could have been asking a question. Regardless of how the script reads or what she tried to say, it came out kind of mushed together. Like I said previously, at the beginning of her line, JLC's pronunciation wasn't that clear.

Agreed!

Todd
08-05-2007, 11:31 AM
The woman had just been stabbed, thrown over a staircase, had shoved her hand through glass, fallen on the ground, choked, and that's just the physical pain. Believe me, it isn't the JLC fanboy inside me that doesn't blame her for the lack of perfect enunciation. ;)
I wasn't blaming her for anything.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
08-05-2007, 11:33 AM
I always thought she said, "Let's boogie, man."

I mean, it was the 70s...

The Dark Shape
08-05-2007, 11:36 AM
I got a questionable tone from her inflection. Even within the remake's display of that scene Laurie seems to be asking a question.

Laurie does say "Was it the boogeyman?" in the remake. But that's fine. In the original, Laurie is basically summing the entire film up in that one line. In the remake, the movie isn't over at the time she says the line.

Todd
08-05-2007, 11:46 AM
I think this whole argument should be put in a new forum called "Who gives a fuck?".

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I think this whole argument should be put in a new forum called "Who gives a fuck?".

Right on!

benluvin
08-05-2007, 11:57 AM

I'm forced to agree.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Yes...and put me down for a resounding "Not Me." :yeah:

Myers Insurance
08-05-2007, 12:08 PM
At least Scout can say her line clear, but why the fuck are we arguing over it?

Next we're going to argue over whether or not Resurrection contributed something to the series.

Khan
08-05-2007, 12:11 PM
At least Scout can say her line clear, but why the fuck are we arguing over it?

She didn't spoil anything? :p

It doesn't look like I missed anything while I was gone.

MischievousSpirit
08-05-2007, 12:27 PM
She didn't spoil anything? :p

It doesn't look like I missed anything while I was gone.

Were you gone? I didn't notice!

:bastard:

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Halloween 2 has been officially announced.

Khan
08-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Using that title is illegal in itself.

Man In Black
08-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Slightly better version of the fourth TV spot:
mec6PgpcnTA

Roswell
08-05-2007, 12:33 PM
"Trick or treat, baby!"

Haha, I love it!

Kinick
08-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I always assumed that if there is a Halloween 2, it will not be like the original Halloween 2, but follow on in a different direction. I dont think most of it will likely take place in a hospital.

Villain612
08-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I like the new TV spot.

And Halloween 2 has been announced?
Links please.

Khan
08-05-2007, 12:37 PM
I always assumed that if there is a Halloween 2, it will not be like the original Halloween 2, but follow on in a different direction. I dont think most of it will likely take place in a hospital.

For the last time, Universal owns Halloween 2 and 3.

ten31
08-05-2007, 12:41 PM
The girl who plays Judith so far in all the clips I've seen her in comes across pretty damn wooden.

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I want a blazer like the one Murray Hamilton is wearing, you know the one with the anchor design all over it? That's so pimptastic.

The Dark Shape
08-05-2007, 12:44 PM
For the last time, Universal owns Halloween 2 and 3.

Correction: Universal owns distribution rights to Halloween 2 and 3. Rights for the film itself are, to my knowledge, still held by Trancas (i.e. Dimension). So while Universal controls when and how it's released on home video, a sequel to Zombie's Halloween could in fact be made as a remake of that film. That said... why? Contrary to popular OHMB opinion, most of the world doesn't view Halloween II as an immortal classic worthy of being remade.

Kinick
08-05-2007, 12:44 PM
The girl who plays Judith so far in all the clips I've seen her in comes across pretty damn wooden.

We've only seen the same clip from her in all the trailers. Turning around and saying "Michael?"

Khan
08-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Correction: Universal owns distribution rights to Halloween 2 and 3. Rights for the film itself are, to my knowledge, still held by Trancas (i.e. Dimension). So while Universal controls when and how it's released on home video, a sequel to Zombie's Halloween could in fact be made as a remake of that film. That said... why? Contrary to popular OHMB opinion, most of the world doesn't view Halloween II as an immortal classic worthy of being remade.

Some fans seem to want nothing but remakes.

Are you sure about that?

That essentially means that they could remake the movie, but wouldn't be able to release it on DVD, so there would be no point.

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Akkad owns the LOT!

Khan
08-05-2007, 12:56 PM
I will need proof of this beyond some message board post.

Kinick
08-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Just watching the latest TV spot again, and suddenly noticed a 'shape' lurking from behind trees in the same shot with Annie and Lyndsey... sweet!

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 01:09 PM

I'm telling you man, Akkad, the estate of the late of Debra Hill and John Carpenter own the whole shabang. Yes you got studios and stuff who get a slice of the power, however, the aforementioned parties own the lot. In particular Akkad and Trancas. The Weinstein's are currently their 'in the bed' business partners.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Slightly better version of the fourth TV spot:
mec6PgpcnTA

I have still yet to see this one on TV, Thanks for putting it up here, I really liked the scene with Bill Moseley as one of the gaurds, I think the reshoots are going to work well for the film, Trick or Treat baby, That was great.

Khan
08-05-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm telling you man, Akkad, the estate of the late of Debra Hill and John Carpenter own the whole shabang. Yes you got studios and stuff who get a slice of the power, however, the aforementioned parties own the lot. In particular Akkad and Trancas. The Weinstein's are currently their 'in the bed' business partners.

But why remake H2 when Dimension can't even legally release it on DVD?

I am not convinced.

The Dark Shape
08-05-2007, 01:11 PM
That essentially means that they could remake the movie, but wouldn't be able to release it on DVD, so there would be no point.

No, not quite. Universal has the video rights to their Halloween 2 and 3. Dimension could remake them and they'd be able to release them. It's the same way that Anchor Bay has the home video rights to Halloween, but Dimension gets to release the remake (and in a different high definition format).

Khan
08-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Looks like the mindless remake fans will get their wish.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 01:13 PM

Dimension will buy the rights from Universal to make an H2, Money Talks.

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 01:14 PM
But why remake H2 when Dimension can't even legally release it on DVD?

I am not convinced.

The thing is Universal don't own the name 'Halloween' or 'Michael Myers'.
Halloween 2 & 3 were funded by De Laurentiis corp who in turn had some kind of marketing and distribution deal via Universal. However, parts 2 & 3 still fall under the remit of De Laurentiis who has sold a fair proportion of their back catalogue to Studio Canal +.............but Akkad and Carpenter have a say in the matter also.

They will remake Halloween 2, whether or not it has Halloween 2 in the title or if it has a hospital setting.

Khan
08-05-2007, 01:15 PM
It amazes me that the fans claim to want something "fresh" and "original," but then ask for nothing but remakes.

They will remake Halloween 2, whether or not it has Halloween 2 in the title or if it has a hospital setting.

But without the hospital or title, it isn't really a remake.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 01:18 PM
It amazes me that the fans claim to want something "fresh" and "original," but then ask for nothing but remakes.

I dont want all of the remakes, Im just saying it will happen.

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 01:18 PM

Well they could take elements of it, implement it and re-imagine the rest of it, just like Rob Zombie has done. It just depends in what direction they want to go.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Well they could take elements of it, implement it and re-imagine the rest of it, just like Rob Zombie has done. It just depends in what direction they want to go.

We are all jumping the gun anyway, Nothing is set in stone yet, And a H2 could be done easily without the hospital setting, Say Laurie is tooken to an Insane Asylum after the events of RZ's Halloween and Michael escapes from the back of an ambulance and comes after her, Anything could be done.

Khan
08-05-2007, 01:23 PM
I dont want all of the remakes, Im just saying it will happen.

Sadly, you are in the minority.

The Halloween remake uses most of the elements of the original, just in different proportion and perspective.

We are all jumping the gun anyway, Nothing is set in stone yet, And a H2 could be done easily without the hospital setting, Say Laurie is tooken to an Insane Asylum after the events of RZ's Halloween and Michael escapes from the back of an ambulance and comes after her, Anything could be done.

I agree.

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 01:25 PM

Who said that Michael and Laurie even make it alive at the end of Rob Zombie's movie? ;)

But yes, the follow up movie could really go in any direction.

Khan
08-05-2007, 01:26 PM
So far, the only person who has signed on for more then one more movie is McDowell, so maybe they are interested in his character the most.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I would actually prefer something different for H2 over the hospital setting, I think it would be unique to see what they could come up with without the hospital setting, But like I said its a little early for H2 assumptions.

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 01:28 PM
So far, the only person who has signed on for more then one more movie is McDowell, so maybe they are interested in his character the most.

Peter Weller as well.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Who said that Michael and Laurie even make it alive at the end of Rob Zombie's movie? ;)

But yes, the follow up movie could really go in any direction.

If this movie makes alot of money they wont be dead for long.

Khan
08-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Peter Weller as well.

Umm...Peter Weller isn't even in the movie.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Umm...Peter Weller isn't even in the movie.

I havent even heard of Peter Weller.

Khan
08-05-2007, 01:33 PM
He played Robocop.

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I would actually prefer something different for H2 over the hospital setting, I think it would be unique to see what they could come up with without the hospital setting, But like I said its a little early for H2 assumptions.

In the sequel, he is still loose on the streets, because nobody has actually wounded or stabbed him fatally.

The small town of Haddonfield slowly goes into panic and shock because of the trauma caused by the rampage of Michael Myers in the early part of the night.

There is also another tragedy happening in the other part of town, with the fire over at the plastic moulds factory, many deaths and injuries because of the toxic plastic fumes. There is a media rush, Halloween night horror re-visits Haddonfield, on the one hand you got the Myers thing plus this whole other episode (unconnected by the way) with the fire at the factory.

Media frenzy, plus the hospital is busy with casualties and stuff from the fire incident. Plus those victims still alive from Myers' rampage are brought in, it's just chaos all around.

In the mean time Federal Agents Robinson and Patterson (Keith David and Peter Weller) approach Loomis for questioning.......

Dark Empire
08-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Where the fuck are you getting this information if you don't mind me asking.

The Dark Shape
08-05-2007, 01:44 PM
He's under the rather funny belief he has inside information on the project. He's been spouting that Kathryn Bigelow is going to direct, which... is pretty hilarious.

Kinick
08-05-2007, 01:45 PM

It's called sarcasm, and where is Kristina Klebe's interview? i messaged her and she said she still had to do it!

Dark Empire
08-05-2007, 01:47 PM
He's under the rather funny belief he has inside information on the project. He's been spouting that Kathryn Bigelow is going to direct, which... is pretty hilarious.

If it was true, I would rather have them remake Halloween Ressurection but with only rappers.

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 01:49 PM

Michael and Laurie are missing........

It's just chaos all around, with the tv cameras, police and ambulance lights and sirens, people being ushered and kept behind the police cordone line.

Patterson and Robinson are questioning Loomis 'They're missing, did you hear me, they are missing, she's in grave danger and so is everybody else. We have to find him and stop him for good. She's in danger'.

There is no co-ordination with the extra police officers that have been brought in, they are doing a house for house, but the panic levels are increasing, in the mean time, Michael and Laurie are still out there, somewhere.

Anyway, stay tuned, I'm sure they will announce Kathryn Bigelow to direct this one sometime soon.

Dark Empire
08-05-2007, 01:51 PM
:Fingers Crossed:

Khan
08-05-2007, 01:51 PM
That would be considered privileged information, so I doubt the studio would let someone blab it on a message board.

Dark Empire
08-05-2007, 01:55 PM
That would be considered privileged information, so I doubt the studio would let someone blab it on a message board.

It sucks to much to be true anyway.

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 01:56 PM

Yeah, but I don't work for the studio or within the studio set up. Nor have I been asked to sign any confidentially agreement. Like I said last time, things change from minute to minute, so anything could go.

Although, the attraction of Kathryn Bigelow to helm this project is that she can bring gritty and edgy scenes with a realistic edge. Apparently, they are impressed with what she did with Near Dark, Blue Steel and in particular Strange Days.

The Dark Shape
08-05-2007, 02:06 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about, and that makes this all the more hilarious. Let me give you one out -- trust me, stop talking about it. Your 'source' is a fake.

PG Soul
08-05-2007, 02:10 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about, and that makes this all the more hilarious. Let me give you one out -- trust me, stop talking about it. Your 'source' is a fake.

Dark Shape, you're just jealous because I'm better looking and more charming than you!:nodsmile::bastard:

Either way, lighten up chief, I'm only jesting around, most folks on here know that. BTW, my sauce is not fake, because it's Heinz and everybody knows that Heinz is the only real sauce.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 02:37 PM
In the sequel, he is still loose on the streets, because nobody has actually wounded or stabbed him fatally.

The small town of Haddonfield slowly goes into panic and shock because of the trauma caused by the rampage of Michael Myers in the early part of the night.

There is also another tragedy happening in the other part of town, with the fire over at the plastic moulds factory, many deaths and injuries because of the toxic plastic fumes. There is a media rush, Halloween night horror re-visits Haddonfield, on the one hand you got the Myers thing plus this whole other episode (unconnected by the way) with the fire at the factory.

Media frenzy, plus the hospital is busy with casualties and stuff from the fire incident. Plus those victims still alive from Myers' rampage are brought in, it's just chaos all around.

In the mean time Federal Agents Robinson and Patterson (Keith David and Peter Weller) approach Loomis for questioning.......

What the hell are you talking about???????? lol

Todd
08-05-2007, 02:56 PM

A remake can be fresh and new if done properly.
Wouldn't you agree that John Carpenters version of The Thing was good?
I seriously doubt that any potential sequel to RZ's Halloween will be a rehash of Halloween 2, anyway.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2007, 02:59 PM
After reading the last few pages, my brain doesn't even work right anymore.

The Kilted One
08-05-2007, 03:04 PM
After reading the last few pages, my brain doesn't even work right anymore.

That would indicate that it worked "right" to begin with.

And Soul, nice work, very funny stuff.

Khan
08-05-2007, 03:29 PM
In my defense, I was bored.

A remake can be fresh and new if done properly.
Wouldn't you agree that John Carpenters version of The Thing was good?
I seriously doubt that any potential sequel to RZ's Halloween will be a rehash of Halloween 2, anyway.

The Thing was a remake of sorts, but also was a more faithful adaptation of the novel (and didn't have a walking carrot monster in it).

The thing is that remakes are rarely done properly.

MichaelMyers04
08-05-2007, 04:03 PM
....why don't we just focus on THIS HalloweeN for now, and worry about a HalloweeN 2 AFTER this one comes out? :crazy:

Who knows, maybe the execs at Dimensions will have an epiphany, and decide to end it with RZ HalloweeN (This is exactly what I'm hoping for, I want the series to end on a high note).

Worthystevens
08-05-2007, 04:07 PM
....why don't we just focus on THIS HalloweeN for now, and worry about a HalloweeN 2 AFTER this one comes out? :crazy:

Who knows, maybe the execs at Dimensions will have an epiphany, and decide to end it with RZ HalloweeN (This is exactly what I'm hoping for, I want the series to end on a high note).

Courtney Love has a better chance of not being crazy anymore than Dimension does of having that epiphany.

Khan
08-05-2007, 04:11 PM

I agree.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 04:13 PM

If this one makes money it wont end.

ColadaSplash
08-05-2007, 04:21 PM
If the Halloween series ever bombed, Dimension would just ship it direct to video like they did "Children of the Corn" and "Hellraiser." Then we could look forward to even worse films than Resurrection.

The Akkads have no interest in this series ending -- it's their prime source of income.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 04:23 PM
If the Halloween series ever bombed, Dimension would just ship it direct to video like they did "Children of the Corn" and "Hellraiser." Then we could look forward to even worse films than Resurrection.

The Akkads have no interest in this series ending -- it's their prime source of income.

Exactly, They will milk it as long as possible, And if Halloween ever does go DTV I wont watch them.

Myers Insurance
08-05-2007, 04:29 PM

Universal owns main, television, and video rights to Halloween 2 and 3.

InTheDeep2007
08-05-2007, 04:32 PM
I finally saw the trailer and The movie looks great. Last night I saw two TV spots and got more excited for this movie! I even, now, have a big "Halloween" movie poster in my room.

Todd
08-05-2007, 04:49 PM
The Thing was a remake of sorts, but also was a more faithful adaptation of the novel (and didn't have a walking carrot monster in it).
The thing is that remakes are rarely done properly.
I'm aware of how John Carpenter approached The Thing, but the fact is that he took the same source material as the original movie did and made a better film.
Yes, most remakes suck, but that's because they are usually hacked together simply to capitalize on the popularity of the original. There's nothing inherently wrong with doing a remake. It's the way they are usually done that gives them a bad name. People can complain about Halloween being remade if they want, but it was all but inevitible. I, for one, am glad that it was done by someone who wasn't satisfied to simply stand in John Carpenters shadow and rehash what he had already done.

Khan
08-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Universal owns main, television, and video rights to Halloween 2 and 3.

As I thought.

I'm aware of how John Carpenter approached The Thing, but the fact is that he took the same source material as the original movie did and made a better film.
Yes, most remakes suck, but that's because they are usually hacked together simply to capitalize on the popularity of the original. There's nothing inherently wrong with doing a remake. It's the way they are usually done that gives them a bad name. People can complain about Halloween being remade if they want, but it was all but inevitable. I, for one, am glad that it was done by someone who wasn't satisfied to simply stand in John Carpenters shadow and rehash what he had already done.

And this time is it somehow different?

Sure, they did it because the series in shambles, but no one asked for a remake.

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 05:05 PM

Sure, they did it because the series in shambles, but no one asked for a remake.

Nobody ask for The Thing either.

Todd
08-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Yes, it's clearly different in this case.
You know as well as I do that this isn't simply a generic rehash of the original. Perhaps no one was asking for a remake, but I don't recall any of us clamoring to see Michael get his ass kicked by Busta Rhymes, either.

mr32
08-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Ok I just seen i think the 3rd Tv spot on VH1. Great 4th Tv spot.

Khan
08-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Yes, it's clearly different in this case.
You know as well as I do that this isn't simply a generic rehash of the original.

The funny thing is that people complain that they don't want a rehash, yet they don't like this new version either.

Eventually, the remakes will be remade.

Perhaps no one was asking for a remake, but I don't recall any of us clamoring to see Michael get his ass kicked by Busta Rhymes, either.

Yeah, I didn't see anyone asking for that travesty.

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 05:49 PM
The funny thing is that people complain that they don't want a rehash, yet they don't like this new version either...

Unfortunately that's true. There's a lot of people that say they want something new or something original, but the minute they get that they begin complaining that it's just not what they're used to. There is irony there.

Khan
08-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Unfortunately that's true. There's a lot of people that say they want something new, something original, but the minute they get that they begin complaining that it's just not what they're used to. There is irony there.

Maybe they are just tired of remakes in general.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2007, 05:52 PM
That would indicate that it worked "right" to begin with.

And Soul, nice work, very funny stuff.
It used to work right...and left. Now, it's all lopsided.

The funny thing is that people complain that they don't want a rehash, yet they don't like this new version either.
I know that on August 31st, I'm gonna be going into the theater expecting something other than a rehash. And if it's good, as a film, I'll be satisfied. I don't want to compare it, point for point, with the original. And if it's substantially better than recent sequels, then I'll say it was the right decision. If it isn't, I'll say "Close the book."

Todd
08-05-2007, 05:53 PM

Eventually, the remakes will be remade.

Well, some people think they aren't going to like the new version, but they might get fooled....as might those of us who have a more optimistic outlook. Based on what I've seen, heard, and read about this movie, I feel confident that it's going to be good, but I'm not going to say anything definitive until I've actually seen it.

ColadaSplash
08-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Well, some people think they aren't going to like the new version, but they might get fooled....as might those of us who have a more optimistic outlook. Based on what I've seen, heard, and read about this movie, I feel confident that it's going to be good, but I'm not going to say anything definitive until I've actually seen it.

I fooled myself into thinking "Freddy vs. Jason" was going to be good. I hope I'm not fooling myself twice. I just don't want that experience to duplicate itself: basically sitting and watching one of the worst theatrical experiences ever unfold.

Well, 20 or 25 times if you count all the films I was anticipating that sucked in just the last five years. :nodsmile:

I was thinking about this lately... Maybe the truth is that I'm really just not a horror fan anymore. Is it that the movies just plain suck nowadays? Or maybe I've just outgrown it. Who knows...

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 06:00 PM
I was thinking about this lately... Maybe the truth is that I'm really just not a horror fan anymore. Is it that the movies just plain suck nowadays? Or maybe I've just outgrown it. Who knows...

You could very well have gotten to the point where modern horror cinema just no longer coincides with your personal tastes anymore. I know that most horror that comes out now doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as the films of the past.

Khan
08-05-2007, 06:00 PM

It will be interesting to see how many people are let down due to their incredibly high expectations.

Todd 78
08-05-2007, 06:05 PM
It will be interesting to see how many people are let down due to their incredibly high expectations.

I expect it to better than H20 and Resurrection. Other than that, I have none.I'll say this everything I saw has not gotten me upset.

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 06:05 PM

Probably not as much as you think. It's the people with the more middle ground expectations, the ones who expect a film about a 6-8/10, who will be the ones who are more likely to be let down. Those ones with the incredibly high expectations are going to say they love it no matter what they get. And the ones hating on it now, are going to hate it when it comes out. Because that's what those people want to see in the film.

Todd
08-05-2007, 06:07 PM
It will also be interesting to see how many people end up feeling stupid for thinking the movie would suck.

Khan
08-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Yeah, there will be defenately be some of those people.

"Hey, it wasn't half bad!"

Monte
08-05-2007, 06:09 PM

I have yet to see anyone other than the freaks on Zombie's MySpace who have expectations that I would call "incredibly high." And, well, there's more about them that is high than their expectations...

Todd
08-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Probably not as much as you think. It's the people with the more middle ground expectations, the ones who expect a film about a 6-8/10, who will be the ones who are more likely to be let down. Those ones with the incredibly high expectations are going to say they love it no matter what they get. And the ones hating on it now, are going to hate it when it comes out. Because that's what those people want to see in the film.
That's what I think.
I'm not expecting a life changing experience from this movie.
I'm just looking for a good film.
If I don't come away from it with the same enthusiasm that I did after seeing JC's version, that will be fine as long as I don't feel like I just wasted an hour and a half of my life like I did after watching Execution....excuse me, Ressurection.

Todd 78
08-05-2007, 06:11 PM
It will also be interesting to see how many people end up feeling stupid for thinking the movie would suck.

And How many of them will actually admit they were wrong? A certain portion of fans made up their minds no matter what

Todd
08-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah, there will be defenately be some of those people.

"Hey, it wasn't half bad!"
I'm just curious, but how good will this movie have to be in order for you to feel that it was a worthwhile endeavor?
Three stars?
Four?
Two and a half?
If you actually do like it, will you admit it?

Todd
08-05-2007, 06:13 PM
And How many of them will actually admit they were wrong? A certain portion of fans made up their minds no matter what
When I post my thoughts after seeing this movie, I'm going to be brutally honest. If I thought it was bad, I won't hesitate to say so. Hopefully, everyone else will take that same approach.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2007, 06:17 PM
I fooled myself into thinking "Freddy vs. Jason" was going to be good.
Y'ouch! I remember exactly what I said prior to going into Freddy vs. Jason.

RANDOM ACQUAINTANCE: "So, what are you gonna be doing today?"
EOTL: (with glee) "I'm going to see what may very well be the biggest cinematic trainwreck of the year!"

And yes...that is a verbatim quote.

Todd 78
08-05-2007, 06:17 PM
When I post my thoughts after seeing this movie, I'm going to be brutally honest. If I thought it was bad, I won't hesitate to say so. Hopefully, everyone else will take that same approach.

Me too, but I'm talking about the etreme views. Those who are hating on it, and those with super high expectations.

Youm and me have more relistic expectations, so it will be easier to be honest

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Y'ouch! I remember exactly what I said prior to going into Freddy vs. Jason.

RANDOM ACQUAINTANCE: "So, what are you gonna be doing today?"
EOTL: (with glee) "I'm going to see what may very well be the biggest cinematic trainwreck of the year!"

And yes...that is a verbatim quote.

Out of curiosity, was it? I can't remember if it was the worst of the year.

That's what I meant earlier. Those with expectations on either end of the spectrum, good or bad, right now are most likely going to say that's what they got when they do finally see the movie no matter what.

Khan
08-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Me too, but I'm talking about the etreme views. Those who are hating on it, and those with super high expectations.

I have seen people who are already ready to proclaim it a "classic" film, but they don't exactly come across that well.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Out of curiosity, was it? I can't remember if it was the worst of the year.
I don't know if it was the worst of the year...but I would rate it as probably the biggest trainwreck. That's a somewhat more specific designation, and I think it fits FvJ to a tee. So what can I say? I got exactly what I paid for.

Bogatyri
08-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Well I was pretty worried at first. Seeing as the first Halloween was not that violent of a movie and the sequels, which most admit were not as good as the original, were at times very violent. I was worried because, rob zombie has been known in the past for being a pretty violent director. The more I see from the movie, the more it has won me over. I can handle violence as long as it is done in a believable fashion. I really hate when directors try and pull some crazy, overly stupid death scene out of the sky. I really didnít like many of the deaths in recent films. So as long as the new movie is believable, I can handle more violence. So, to sum it all up, I was worried at first, but the more and more I see of the film the more and more I want to see the movie in theatres.

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 06:24 PM
I don't know if it was the worst of the year...but I would rate it as probably the biggest trainwreck. That's a somewhat more specific designation, and I think it fits FvJ to a tee. So what can I say? I got exactly what I paid for.

based on that distinction, I'm inclined to agree with you.

I have seen people who are already ready to proclaim it a "classic" film...

And you haven't seen the people who are already ready to proclaim it the worst film ever made by man? Either one of those groups are just as common as the other.

Khan
08-05-2007, 06:25 PM
And you haven't seen the people who are already to proclaim it the worst film ever made by man? Both those groups are just as common as the other.

Believe me, I have seen both extremes of it.

Some people spend all their spare time on IMDB bashing Zombie.:bigeyes:

Todd
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I have seen people who are already ready to proclaim it a "classic" film, but they don't exactly come across that well.
On this board???

Monte
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
And you haven't seen the people who are already to proclaim it the worst film ever made by man? Both those groups are just as common as the other.

I'm the kind of person who thinks "the worst film ever made by man" would be well worth seeing.

samhain51
08-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Wow I cant believe all the Haters on this site! I dont like the direction Halloween was going until I Saw some pieces of this movie ! WE cant judge a book by its cover which means the same in film give it a chance . What did you guys want no more Halloween I know I am a good fan and I am willing and able to see anything with Mikey in it . At least its not a cartoon . What it all boils down to is give it a chance dont overreact and be a good Halloween fan !

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm the kind of person who thinks "the worst film ever made by man" would be well worth seeing.

I'd much rather see "the worst film ever made by something other than man"

And just so we're clear by "man" I mean human beings.

What did you guys want no more Halloween I know I am a good fan and I am willing and able to see anything with Mikey in it

Apparently you're a better fan than I am. Because I can garuntee you that if I ever get the impression from any future film that if it's as bad as Resurrection was, I will not see it.

Monte
08-05-2007, 06:29 PM
I'd much rather see "the worst film ever made by something other than man"

And just so we're clear by "man" I mean human beings.

But hasn't Uwe Boll been bashed enough?

Todd 78
08-05-2007, 06:30 PM

I see mostly 2 camps on this board. Those who hate the remake already, and those who are wanting it to better than Resurrection. I don't see too many people claiming it will be better than the original. At Least here

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 06:31 PM
But hasn't Uwe Boll been bashed enough?

....No

samhain51
08-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Better Than the way Halloween Was going but no movie ever made from here on out will surpass the greatness of John Carpenters Classic NOTHING!

Khan
08-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I see mostly 2 camps on this board. Those who hate the remake already, and those who are wanting it to better than Resurrection. I don't see too many people claiming it will be better than the original. At Least here

Here is what I have seen all over the internet:

1. I hope it is a good movie

2. This movie sucks and Zombie is a hack! (IMDB)

3. This WILL be better then the original (this was said by the rabid Rob Zombie fans)

4. KICK A$$!!!!!! LONG LIVE ZOMBIE!!!!!111111 (the Myspace people)

....No

I concur.

The Dark Shape
08-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm just curious, but how good will this movie have to be in order for you to feel that it was a worthwhile endeavor?
Three stars?
Four?
Two and a half?
If you actually do like it, will you admit it?

What. The. Fuck?

Why in the world would someone who liked the film claim otherwise? I have never in my life done that, and I think anyone who does is a bit pathetic.

Monte
08-05-2007, 06:36 PM
....No

Yeah, you're right.

Oh, and it is scientifically impossible for this movie to be worse than Resurrection. Once you hit the absolute bottom, there's no direction to go that is not in some way "up."

samhain51
08-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey Myers walk I will have to go with Number #1

Todd 78
08-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Here is what I have seen all over the internet:

1. I hope it is a good movie

2. This movie sucks and Zombie is a hack!

3. This WILL be better then the original (this was said by the rabid Rob Zombie fans)

4. KICK A$$!!!!!! LONG LIVE ZOMBIE!!!!!111111

I concur.

The third camp is dominately on his myspace page. Basically I hope I get a movie that can close this franchise off on a high note. It would be a fitting end to the Myers films by getting a remake to the classic.

I am going with the Zombie approacvj. No Sequels please

Khan
08-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey Myers walk I will have to go with Number #1

A good choice.

Oh, and it is scientifically impossible for this movie to be worse than Resurrection. Once you hit the absolute bottom, there's no direction to go that is not in some way "up."

I agree.

Well, House Of The Dead is worse.

I am going with the Zombie approach. No Sequels please

I agree.

Monte
08-05-2007, 06:42 PM

4. KICK A$$!!!!!! LONG LIVE ZOMBIE!!!!!111111 (the Myspace people)

You can find any kind of stupid crap "all over the Internet." I was under the impression that we were restricting the varying opinions people are having to individuals who are not clinically insane.

samhain51
08-05-2007, 06:42 PM
I know some of you guys will jump on my shit for this but if this movie is sucessful why the hell not make a sequal I love when these films come out its something to look foward to and only if they arent bad like reserection then we will shoot the producers JUST KIDDING!!!!

Andre3000
08-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I got banned from Scouts chat today for quoting something Rob Zombie said yesterday.. This bites.

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah, you're right.

It may well be impossible for this movie to be worse than resurrection. However, it isn't impossible for this movie to be as bad. I just don't see that as being the case at this point. But the possibility is still there. Mind you if it is as bad as Resurrection it would have to be bad in very different ways.

ColadaSplash
08-05-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm in number 1.

I go back and forth: some days I'm really excited; others, I'm worried. That's really only because I know how false hype -- or overhype -- can kill a film.

My expectations: I'm just hoping for something that's marginally good (basically a "7" or "8" out of "10") on the "Halloween" scale.

I want to genuinely stick this in my top 3. I'd be satisfied with that. Anything more is just a nice surprise, not that I wouldn't love that.

Khan
08-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I got banned from Scouts chat today for quoting something Rob Zombie said yesterday.. This bites.

What did you say?

You can find any kind of stupid crap "all over the Internet." I was under the impression that we were restricting the varying opinions people are having to individuals who are not clinically insane.

I just wanted to reflect everything have seen, although those people are indeed clinically insane.

samhain51
08-05-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm in number 1.

I go back and forth: some days I'm really excited; others, I'm worried. That's really only because I know how false hype -- or overhype -- can kill a film.

My expectations: I'm just hoping for something that's marginally good -- basically a "7" or "8" on a "10" scale. On the "Halloween" scale.

I want to genuinely stick this in my top 3. I'd be satisfied with that. Anything more is just a nice surprise, not that I wouldn't love that.

This sounds like my expectations as well!

Todd 78
08-05-2007, 06:46 PM
I know some of you guys will jump on my shit for this but if this movie is sucessful why the hell not make a sequal I love when these films come out its something to look foward to and only if they arent bad like reserection then we will shoot the producers JUST KIDDING!!!!

There is a point where you have to let go. Myers has been around 30 years, and ebough films. I think a remake is a perfect way to close out Myers on film, it comes full circle. Especially if it turns out to be a good movies, lets leave it on a high note than see it turn ito the original series.

Monte
08-05-2007, 06:47 PM
It may well be impossible for this movie to be worse than resurrection. However, it isn't impossible for this movie to be as bad. I just don't see that as being the case at this point. But the possibility is still there. Mind you if it is as bad as Resurrection it would have to be bad in very different ways.

This movie does not have Busta Rhymes. It will be better than Resurrection.

It's like saying 2 plus 2 equals four.

Khan
08-05-2007, 06:48 PM
There is a point where you have to let go. Myers has been around 30 years, and ebough films. I think a remake is a perfect way to close out Myers on film, it comes full circle. Especially if it turns out to be a good movies, lets leave it on a high note than see it turn ito the original series.

Yeah, with every new film will likely come a new writer and director with a totally different view of how the series should go.

samhain51
08-05-2007, 06:50 PM

Its like letting go of my best friend man :crazy:

Andre3000
08-05-2007, 06:52 PM
What did you say?
I said something that he said here.

Did I mention that Laurie dies in a plane crash in the first five minutes of the film and young Michael is a pirate with mutant powers?

Khan
08-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Well, that wasn't worthy of a ban!

Did you present it as a direct quote from Rob?

ColadaSplash
08-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Zombie's fans are pretty rabid. They do tend to swear at the people who disagree with them. I was laughing the other day when someone, from here, posted on that site saying the movie looked horrible.

And no... It wasn't me.

Khan
08-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Fanboy syndrome is pretty widespread.

Stuff like Kirk Vs. Picard or Star Trek Vs. Star Wars gets pretty heated too.

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Fanboy syndrome is pretty widespread.

Stuff like Kirk Vs. Picard or Star Trek Vs. Star Wars gets pretty heated too.

Picard is sooo much better than Kirk!

Andre3000
08-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Well, that wasn't worthy of a ban!

Did you present it as a direct quote from Rob?

I kind of forgot to do that.. But I messaged the dude who banned me and told him. He didn't read it. So he doesn't know.. But all the people on there knew it and they didn't tell him.

Villain612
08-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Okay...

First things first.
We're all guilty to a certain extent. They wouldn't keep releasing Halloween movies if we didn't continue to support them by going to see them. Yes, I wanted the series to end after H20 - it wrapped it all up perfectly, and made you forget about the trainwrecks of part 5 & 6. But then, Resurrection came along, and although I bemoaned the fact that it was being made, I went and paid my money to see it anyway.

So I don't feel like I have any right to bitch about a remake, or any other future shitty sequels if they are made, because I, as well as many of you, will go support them no matter what.

Second of all..
As far as a Halloween 2 remake goes - I would support it if was a continuation from Zombie's Halloween storyline. I don't know how it ends yet, but if the story is open-ended (Myers isnt dead or conclusively locked away) then the story could continue, so a sequel might be warranted. And if the story continues, most likely, Laurie would be treated for medical injuries and taken to a hospital, so the film could resemble the original Halloween 2 (instead of being a straight up remake).

So.... there could be a sequel to the film, but it wouldn't necessarily be a remake (unless the filmmakers decide to do it that way). It all really depends on the storyline.

HannibalBEATNGU
08-05-2007, 07:18 PM
I just saw a tv spot on Spike, only the first or second one I've seen.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Better Than the way Halloween Was going but no movie ever made from here on out will surpass the greatness of John Carpenters Classic NOTHING!
No movie that might possibly be made in the future can surpass Halloween? Man, I'm a big fan of H1...but that's pushing the bounds of reason right there.

Now, if you mean no Halloween movie from here on out, then you've got a pretty good case.

scoob
08-05-2007, 07:35 PM
I know that on August 31st, I'm gonna be going into the theater expecting something other than a rehash. And if it's good, as a film, I'll be satisfied. I don't want to compare it, point for point, with the original. And if it's substantially better than recent sequels, then I'll say it was the right decision. If it isn't, I'll say "Close the book."

I agree with that completly ( except I have to wait until October 19th to see it in the cinema ).

I dont expect to be feeling amazed or dissapointed when I leave the first time I see it, I think it might need a couple of viewings similar to the way I felt about The Devils Rejects as an example. Im not comparing movies here, just how I think I will probably react to it.

I try not to judge a movie the first time I see it, especially something I've been looking forward to for a year. I hope those that dismiss it straight from the off give it a chance.

Frazetta
08-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I just saw a tv spot on Spike, only the first or second one I've seen.
Between Jess & myself we've seen 3 or 5 spots today on E! & VH1.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 07:44 PM
I seen 2 spots on VH1 within 20 minutes.

MischievousSpirit
08-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I saw a spot while watching The Dead Zone on USA.

benluvin
08-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I still haven't seen one.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I still haven't seen one.

Check Channels like Spike Tv, Vh1, USA, Or The Discovery Channel.

benluvin
08-05-2007, 07:49 PM
I have been, but I haven't been watchin constantly. Not enough time. I'm sure Il catch one eventually.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 07:51 PM
I have been, but I haven't been watchin constantly. Not enough time. I'm sure Il catch one eventually.

You will probably catch one when you least expect it, Thats what happened to me, I kept looking and never could see one and then I forgot about it for a while and BAM I starting seeing them.

Andre3000
08-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I saw 2 while watching Gabriel Iglesias on Comedy Central last night..

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Promotion has really kicked in full gear, Within the next few weeks Zombie will probably do the rounds on the late night talk shows.

scoob
08-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Would be nice to see these TV spots in decent quality, they look great.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Would be nice to see these TV spots in decent quality, they look great.

Havent you seen any yet?

scoob
08-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Havent you seen any yet?

Im across the pond so there is absolutly nothing about Halloween here yet.
Sucks.

Khan
08-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Promotion has really kicked in full gear, Within the next few weeks Zombie will probably do the rounds on the late night talk shows.

I wouldn't count on it.

Seeing the trailer on TV and a few posters in theaters may be all we get.

The big time talk shows are for the larger movies with more bankable stars (AKA the cast of Ocean's 13).

I am definitely not counting on any large billboards or bus ads.

Frazetta
08-05-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm guessing Rob & afew of the Actors will be on Howard Stern. I could also see some Jimmy Kimmel & Conan O'Brien apperances.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 08:02 PM
When I say Late night shows Im mainly talking about shows like, Conan O'Brien Craig Ferguson Or Jimmy Kimmel, And Rob has already been on 2 of these shows before so Im pretty sure they will have him back.

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't count on it.

Seeing the trailer on TV and a few posters in theaters may be all we get.

The big time talk shows are for the larger movies with more bankable stars (AKA the cast of Ocean's 13).

This is big enough to merit talk show appearences. Rob Zombie is a star, so shows will be willing to have him on. Plus they even had talk show appearences in the promotion for Resurrection, so why not for this. I expect him to be on just about everything except the morning shows, and the Tonight Show.

Khan
08-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Conan O'Brien Craig Ferguson Or Jimmy Kimmel,

That makes more sense.

I thought you were implying that Leno and Letterman would have him on the show.

The B-shows are fair game.

scoob
08-05-2007, 08:04 PM
I still think Halloween is bound to be mentioned on some big time TV show you have over there, it's the modern day Dracula - or Frankenstein as RZ has put it before.
I dont see no reason why interest in a remake should be as if this were a direct sequal. It should be very high, and Dimension should capitalize on that.

Khan
08-05-2007, 08:05 PM
The movie comes out in 25 days so they better get moving on it.

I expect him to be on just about everything except the morning shows, and the Tonight Show.

Do they announce those kind of appearances in advance?

I don't watch talk shows often, so I don't know.

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 08:07 PM
That makes more sense.

I could see Letterman actually. robs appaered on his show as a musical guest so he has already got an in there. Plus Letterman seems like he takes a lot of the guests that The Tonight Show won't for some reason or another.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 08:08 PM
We should hear something about a TV Interview pretty soon.

scoob
08-05-2007, 08:10 PM
I'd bet money on Rob being on a chat show the week before it opens promoting the movie but I'm broke.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2007, 08:10 PM
That makes more sense.

I tend to find that the "B-shows" are better these days, anyway. I can't even watch Leno or Letterman anymore. Their best days are far, far behind them. At least Kimmel has John Lydon on repeatedly. And Conan had some great Hunter Thompson moments...before HST died, obviously.

Khan
08-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Leno And Letterman are still the highest paid and most established hosts who get the A-listers.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I tend to find that the "B-shows" are better these days, anyway. I can't even watch Leno or Letterman anymore. Their best days are far, far behind them. At least Kimmel has John Lydon on repeatedly. And Conan had some great Hunter Thompson moments...before HST died, obviously.

The B-Shows are far more entertaining these days anyway.

Khan
08-05-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't follow TV ratings as much as I follow the box office, so do the B-shows get near the ratings that Leno and Letterman get?

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Leno And Letterman are still the highest paid and highest profile hosts who get the A-listers.

In a lot of circles I actually see Conan kind of taking over. Which would probably be why he's signed to take over for Leno.

I have always hated Leno, but Letterman I can still get into.

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 08:16 PM
I don't follow TV ratings as much as I follow the box office, so do the B-shows get near the ratings that Leno and Letterman get?

If any of them do, which I don't think they do, it's probably Conan

Khan
08-05-2007, 08:17 PM
I thought as much.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Conan is actually pretty popular these days, That may be why he is taking over for Leno in another few years.

Frazetta
08-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Conan is actually pretty popular these days, That may be why he is taking over for Leno in another few years.
He should be hosting the Tonight Show nowadays anyway. Leno has never been funny & his best stuff is taken from other ppl.

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 08:19 PM

He's been steadily growing in popularity to the point where appearing on his show has gotten almost as big as appearing on Leno.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 08:20 PM
I think he takes over for Leno in 2009, Im not sure though.

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah he does. Speculation is that he forced NBC into signing him as the eventual successor of Leno because of how NBC screwed Letterman out of it. So when his contract came up he made sure that was a part of it.

scoob
08-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Should bring back Larry Sanders.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 08:27 PM
I wonder if the new Halloween will get promoted in Rolling Stone Magazine.

wyatt s
08-05-2007, 08:30 PM

There's be a review I'm sure. Probably an interview with Rob as well. Beyond that who knows

Should bring back Larry Sanders.

Absolutely :yeah:

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Hopefully all of this comes up pretty soon.

Frazetta
08-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Peter Travers, one of the only Critics I genuinely follow, loved TDR in his Rolling Stone review afew years ago so I don't really doubt that he'll review Halloween.

EvilOnTwoLegs
08-05-2007, 08:34 PM
I have always hated Leno, but Letterman I can still get into.
I like Leno...just as a guy, and as a comedian, way back in the day. But not so much as a host. He sold his soul to Doritos a long time ago, sadly...and he's just not funny anymore. As a guest on Carson's show, he was pretty funny. As the replacement host, forget it. It's unfortunate...he's generally a nice guy, by all accounts. But he lost the plot somewhere along the road.

Letterman, I always liked better...but he's in his decline these days. He used to be the young, hip guy with the young, hip show...particularly back when he was following The Tonight Show, before the switch to CBS. But even after that, he was still funny as hell for a while. Now, I don't know...I think he's grown out of touch with everything he once embodied. He's not the young, hip guy anymore. He's like the dad who hangs around and tries to play hip when his teenage son is throwing a party. Sad, really.

scoob
08-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Would be nice for this to get some positive reviews from the almighty critics.
I just hope they dont go on about the fact it's a remake and actually focus on the film itself instead of making comparisons to the original.
It is kind of inevitable but it would be nice to read some articles that dont compare.
I have a feeling it will be like reading through the very first threads of this discussion page ( not this page, but Discussion page 1)