PDA

View Full Version : This Sucks!

Zach-O-Lantern
10-09-2004, 04:48 PM
I just got my Michael Myers mask out of storage, I was going to be something different this year, but my Mom can't afford a new costume, cuz I spent a lot of money just to get the cape I wanted, which she had to buy for a play i'm in anyway. Well, back to the sucky part, I got the mask out of the bag it was in & part of the neck melted! I'm letting it dry, because it's kind of gooey, I worked on it a little & I was able to peel off part of the melting & it was smooth underneath, so if I'm lucky maybe I can get off with just some rough spots & a jagged neck line. Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone help?

Dark Empire
10-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Damn man, good luck fixing the mask.

Franchise
10-09-2004, 05:21 PM
You won't fix it. I had the same thing happen to mine. I just burnt it for a video that I still have in my collection.

Zach-O-Lantern
10-09-2004, 06:26 PM
I'm not looking for the best fixing, just well enough to wear for one more Halloween & im going to buy the Halloween 2002 edition or something, or maybe not replace it, all the messed up parts are on the neck & a small part on the chin. After some thinking, I don't think the mask itself melted, I think what melted was a coat of paint, paint that I had put on the mask to cover a stain, so maybe it is only a coat of a acrylic paint that I can chip off.

It's Neal
10-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Michael Myers with a cape? Maybe I misunderstood

Superman
10-09-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by NCamp
Michael Myers with a cape? Maybe I misunderstood No...he's in a play and needed a cape for the part he's playing. They spent too much on the cape so now he can't afford a new Myers mask.

Evil Never Dies
10-10-2004, 02:50 AM
burn the mask more and go as a burnt Halloween resurrection michael. that might still scare people.

Zach-O-Lantern
10-10-2004, 07:29 AM
Yeah, the cape is for my play, as well as it was to be part of my sorcerer costume, but since the cape cost so much I couldn't afford the sorcerer costume, so I had to pull out my mask.

As for burning it, my Mom would burn me right to my room to be grounded for a month, I had to beg her to buy me that mask in 2002. She said that if they go on sale after Halloween she'll buy a new one.

It's Neal
10-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Superman
No...he's in a play and needed a cape for the part he's playing. They spent too much on the cape so now he can't afford a new Myers mask.

Ah gotcha

totempoll
10-10-2004, 11:39 AM
beleive it or not, i bought a Myers mask for about 40 bucks and it looks nice. it looks likea combination of h6 and h1. h6- hair. rest h1. eye lids also r a little bigger bought not as big as h6. i try to post a pic of it. i also found a 50 dollar mask that i should go buy and it looks exactly like h1. its from halloween express, iit just opened this october her in va

Thrillogy
10-10-2004, 11:42 AM
good luck finding a nice mask. always try www.michael-myers.net

Superman
10-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Thrillogy
good luck finding a nice mask. always try www.michael-myers.net That's an awesome site.:)

totempoll
10-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Superman
That's an awesome site.:)

agreed, so many masks

Zach-O-Lantern
10-11-2004, 02:55 PM
OK, this is a long shot, but worth it.... Does anybody have a Myers mask they'd be willing to sell me for around $15? Ive tried to fix mine, but it's not working & really only making things worse...If someone would be kind enough to sell me one for that little I would be greatly indebted to you.

MinioN
10-11-2004, 03:21 PM
this happened to my Don Post "The Mask"--I had it put away, and the damn thing started to melt--I dont understand how it happened--luckily, my Shatner conversion is still 100%. Good luck on getting a new mask, tho I doubt anyone will sell u one for $15--I doubt anyone here would sell there's for double that.

Zach-O-Lantern
10-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Well, i've seen people sell them that cheap before, especially back when all the Myers 2002 came out. Oh, well, I got a few staked out on Ebay.

NightMareMan
11-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Shoot I got that don post mask a few years back for 40 bucks and it melted right on the shelf must be something about it

Omnipotent
12-06-2004, 06:22 PM
I also owned that mask, before it thinned out transparent from melting.

PUREEVIL666
12-07-2004, 12:25 AM
there is no fixing it it will be gooey(lol) forever
dont burn it cuz it will just make it more gooey(funny word)
and dont try to freeze it cuz it will just ruin the whole thing
just cut off the GOOEY part