View Full Version : Rob Zombie's Halloween: Discussion XI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

atomic dog
07-18-2007, 03:36 PM
from here:

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=11649

The Dark Shape
07-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Does anyone remember how long before the original 2001 release day that Dimensions announced that Resurrection was being pushed back? Was it a few months ago, or a few weeks ago?

I seem to recall it being annouced around June 2001 maybe July that Halloween The Homecoming was being pushed back till the following year.

It was in July of 2001 as I recall -- right after the Dimension execs got their first peek at Rick Rosenthal's rough cut. I remember Halloweenmovies.com hyping the screening ("We'll try and get some comments for you!"), and then... nothing. A week or so later, it was announced that the film was delayed until 2002. Yeah, that was a great sign.

Khan
07-18-2007, 04:16 PM
No fair, you got to make the first post! :p

Monte
07-18-2007, 06:04 PM
And at the time the complaint was that the movie "looked amateurish," which is the most accurate thing about that movie anyone at Dimension has ever said.

MichaelMyers04
07-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Hmm....then I guess they didn't really do anything to fix that up :D

Monte
07-18-2007, 06:17 PM
They didn't do anything. In fact they replaced the generally respectable opening credits with something that looks like it came from Windows Movie Maker. Odd decision, that. Makes me wonder if Resurrection was actually getting prepared for a direct-to-video release until they decided go ahead and throw it in the middle of July after all.

Anyway, back to the Rob Zombiefest.

ColadaSplash
07-18-2007, 06:41 PM
They didn't do anything. In fact they replaced the generally respectable opening credits with something that looks like it came from Windows Movie Maker. Odd decision, that. Makes me wonder if Resurrection was actually getting prepared for a direct-to-video release until they decided go ahead and throw it in the middle of July after all.

Good Call!

September 26, 2001:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/10313

WhiteZombie
07-18-2007, 06:43 PM
...until they decided go ahead and throw it in the middle of July after all.

Releasing a Halloween movie in July is just fuckin stupid. makes absolutly no sense. I mean, I wish this one was being realsed in October too, but at at least Augest 31'st is closer then that.

The Dark Shape
07-18-2007, 06:45 PM

You can wonder that, but you'd be wrong. The movie's release was pushed back as it was test screened to death, eventually leading to some new gore shots and Busta Rhymes' survival. It's my understanding that Resurrection was screened upwards of thirty times.

And for the last time, you can complain about Halloween being released in the summer, but it's made more money there than in the September/October period.

Monte
07-18-2007, 06:53 PM
You can wonder that, but you'd be wrong. The movie's release was pushed back as it was test screened to death, eventually leading to some new gore shots and Busta Rhymes' survival. It's my understanding that Resurrection was screened upwards of thirty times.

Well yeah, we all know that. Just pondering what other horrors went on behind the scenes of that piece of shit.

And for the last time, you can complain about Halloween being released in the summer, but it's made more money there than in the September/October period.

Yeah, certainly can't argue with that. Still dumb, though.

ColadaSplash
07-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Halloween: H20 came out on a Wednesday. Such a strange day to release the film.

Halloween: Resurrection was once supposedly scheduled to be released on Easter weekend.

Dimension sure does choose odd times sometimes.

WhiteZombie
07-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Halloween: H20 came out on a Wednesday. Such a strange day to release the film.

Halloween: Resurrection was once supposedly scheduled to be released on Easter weekend.

Dimension sure does choose odd times sometimes.

Yeah no kidding...Easter weekend? A Halloween movie? :crazy:

Monte
07-18-2007, 06:57 PM
That's true. I remember a fan poster showing Michael with bunny ears.

ColadaSplash
07-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Halloween: Resurrection was tested 30 times?

Damn, those must have been some lousy testing scores: F-- by everyone in the audience. Also, demanding back their lost time by gunpoint.

One wonders why they only chose to test Halloween 6 once? By a 14 year old non-fanbased audience in the ghetto no less... I think they should have tested it again, with a better demographic, before running back to reshoot hell.

WhiteZombie
07-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Halloween: Resurrection was tested 30 times?

Damn, those must have been some lousy testing scores: F-- by everyone in the audience. Also, demanding back their lost time by gunpoint.

One wonders why they only chose to test Halloween 6 once? By a 14 year old non-fan audience in the ghetto no less... I think they should have tested it again, with a better demographic, before running back to reshoot hell.

Test screens are a bad idea anways. I mean, I wouldent want them asking me how I could change a movie to make it better when im 14 years old, I'd ruin the fuckin movie.

That was like...half a Rob Zombie quote by the way.

ColadaSplash
07-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Come to think it... Halloween 6 was rated R. That audience wasn't legally old enough to test it anyway at the time.

Shamrock-Robot
07-18-2007, 09:01 PM
If I could come face to face with some of the idiots from the H6 test screening I would let them know how bad they ruined what would have been a great movie and Id probably punch one of them in the face and say hows that for a good ending HUH.

Bogatyri
07-18-2007, 10:26 PM
I am assuming you are upset about the ending of the movie for H6. Well I am sure that they changed the movie because of Donald Pleasences death. That still does not mean what they did was good. I mean that movie really should have never been made. I normally love paul rudd in movies, but he totally sucked in that film. Anyway, I keep the faith that this one will not be a crappy remake. I think that, at this point, the people who would care enough to show up to the early screening are die hard fans. So, I am hoping that the input that was given is good and informative and helpful to the process of finishing up the film.

ColadaSplash
07-18-2007, 10:48 PM
I am assuming you are upset about the ending of the movie for H6. Well I am sure that they changed the movie because of Donald Pleasences death. That still does not mean what they did was good. I mean that movie really should have never been made. I normally love paul rudd in movies, but he totally sucked in that film. Anyway, I keep the faith that this one will not be a crappy remake. I think that, at this point, the people who would care enough to show up to the early screening are die hard fans. So, I am hoping that the input that was given is good and informative and helpful to the process of finishing up the film.

Some guy named Jack Skelington (nice touch) is ripping this film apart over at DVDTalk.com. He claims to have seen it, but who really knows... That's only one person and the pre-reviews have generally been fine.

About test screenings: They really aren't established for fans. Studios know the "fan" is going to show up opening day anyway. It's more for mainstream approval, and to see how well a product will sell.

Sadly, "die hard fans" don't really count. It's basically to gain approval from the "Malibu twin" and "Joe 6 pack" demographics. Why? That's where the bulk of the money comes from. This is why the "H20" soundtrack was abolished and replaced with "Scream" cues. That's what was popular and what the average joe/malibu girl wanted to hear at the time.

------------------

About Donald Pleasance: I think the major reason this film was changed was due to Joe Chappelle. He ran immediately after the test screening to demand changes. It's no secret that Joe found Donald boring and didn't particularly like him. Joe was aching to wipe out character exposition, and bloody this film up with "cool" exploading heads.

The man is basically a 14 year old boy in a man's body who could care less about any form of story. He just wants groovy (many times illogical) over-the-top death scenes. He should not be a director, and that's part of the reason why he never went anywhere in his career. The man ruined "Hellraiser: Bloodlines" too -- and that also originally had a story behind it.

Yes, the tail ending of Halloween 6: PC would have been a problem, but that still doesn't explain why most of Donald's scenes, thoughtout the film, were done away with... It doesn't explain why the very appropriate school stalking scene was done away with... Etc., etc.

Funnily, none of that matters. "H20" avoids everything anyway.

Bogatyri
07-18-2007, 10:59 PM
True, but we know from recent sucess (Jason vs Freddy) that people will see total garbage. So why go out and spend the money to get someone like Rob Zombie if it isnt a wink and a nod to the fans.
I know the screen testing is to see what main stream approval will be like, but I was saying that I hope a few fans got in there to throw something in to help make the movie th best it can be. Who knows though... I just know one thing that makes me very happy, I see no rappers on the soundtrack or cast.

Shamrock-Robot
07-18-2007, 11:02 PM

Im upset about the way the movie was butchered, Most of the thorn stuff was dropped for an X-Files style ending which was completely retarded.

Lucifer
07-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Does anyone know how much Zombie is getting paid for this? just curious

Shamrock-Robot
07-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Does anyone know how much Zombie is getting paid for this? just curious

Im not sure, I could be wrong but I dont think information like this is usually gave out.

Man In Black
07-19-2007, 02:01 AM
http://robzombieshalloween.net/soundtrackcover.jpg

Shamrock-Robot
07-19-2007, 02:43 AM
Is there any news on a new trailer?

Todd 78
07-19-2007, 04:17 AM
Is there any news on a new trailer?

The next Halloween trailer will be attached to the movie itself.:bastard: At least they targeted the right audience

Lucifer
07-19-2007, 08:01 AM
I wondered if they would give that sort of information out
You proberbly know this already but i was looking on Youtube and found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE&mode=related&search= and look at the director :)

Myers Insurance
07-19-2007, 09:12 AM
It depends if Rob took an upfront salary or a percentage of box office money. If he took a percentage, then it'd probably be around 5-10% of how much this movie makes.

Nightmare13
07-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Halloween is going to be featured in Fangoria #266, on sale August 21st.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3545/2homepageyv5.jpg
“HALLOWEEN”: A NIGHT TO ROB
Zombie, that is, and he’s taking the best from Carpenter’s classic while adding fresh blood.

Monte
07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Halloween! Starring...Slipknot...apparently...

ColadaSplash
07-19-2007, 01:18 PM
:bigeyes: at that Halloween photo on the new Fangoria cover. Seriously, what the... It's kind of strange and different, but seems so out of place.

-----------------------------------

People on Rob Zombie's site will still be asking for a new trailer after this film hits DVD. Count on it!

Rob Zombie's Myspace Blog: Music Tour -- February 12, 2008

- Hey Rob, Jackie here... any news on the new "Halloween" trailer?
----------
- Cool recerd dood, luvs Timmy
----------
- Hi Rob, Sherri's hot. You got any news on that new trailer?
----------
- Make a Dr. Satan sequel dude. Love ur number 1 fan. *Hearts and kisses*
----------
- Robb, your movie dis gunna suck. Where's dat new trailer? I'm 15 and you promised -- promised -- me da new trailer. Fuckk u and ur movie. Saw rocks!*

*Some who venture Rob Zombie's blog might know about the poor 15 year old boy who threatened Rob Zombie for lack of trailer showing and was expelled from the site. Hopefully, the boy is getting the psychiatric therapy he needs. :smurf:

Shamrock-Robot
07-19-2007, 01:23 PM
There's alot about this movie that makes me happy, First no JLC thank god, Second no dawson's creek or american pie star's, Third no rapper's, This is exactly what the Halloween franchise needed, They needed somebody to come back in and put an edge to the next film, This upcoming movie probably wont be a masterpiece but I know it will be better than HR.

MyersDawg
07-19-2007, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=Shamrock-Robot;539649]There's alot about this movie that makes me happy, First no JLC thank godQUOTE]

I kinda liked JLC...wanted her to come back for a cameo, but she didnt. :godno:

hOTKILLERsuNday
07-19-2007, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Shamrock-Robot;539649]There's alot about this movie that makes me happy, First no JLC thank godQUOTE]

I kinda liked JLC...wanted her to come back for a cameo, but she didnt. :godno:

At the risk of somebody saying that the current horror movie alumni cameos already in the movie ... oh what the heck, a JLC cameo would have been too distracting. She is probably the one thing people would most recognise from the orginal series and stick out like a sore thumb in any role. However Danielle Harris is going to be unrecognised by anyone born after 1989 unless they are an avid Halloween fan. Ditto for most of the other cameo actors. But they unlike Jamie Lee have no link to the older series.

Personally the Halloween story has NEVER been about Laurie its about Michael and Lommis and the family. Laurie is but one family member and in the original series her connection the Michael was handled poorly (H2, H20)

Atleast her Laurie is his sisiter form the get go and not a reminder of Judith before she did the deed.

Khan
07-19-2007, 02:09 PM
There are enough cameos in the movie as it is.

Shamrock Silver
07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
If anyone deserved a cameo, it was Bucky from H4.

I wonder if the new Loomis will be packing heat like Donald Pleasance did. What was that - a .38 or a .357?
Better go with a .357 - that can buy you a few more seconds to elude the Boogeyman.

Todd
07-19-2007, 03:02 PM
The cameos in this movie aren't going to hurt anything.
So what if several people from TDR are onscreen for a few seconds?
If that's all it takes to ruffle your feathers, I suggest your ask your doctor for a prescription of xanax.

Shamrock-Robot
07-19-2007, 03:07 PM
I dont care who has a cameo in this as long as it isnt Jamie Lee Curtis.

Khan
07-19-2007, 03:07 PM
I wonder if the new Loomis will be packing heat like Donald Pleasance did. What was that - a .38 or a .357?
Better go with a .357 - that can buy you a few more seconds to elude the Boogeyman.

There is a scene which may or may not have been filmed where he gets a gun from former Monkee Mickey Dolenz.

The cameos in this movie aren't going to hurt anything.
So what if several people from TDR are onscreen for a few seconds?
If that's all it takes to ruffle your feathers, I suggest your ask your doctor for a prescription of xanax.

As long as Zombie doesn't halt the flow of the movie for a minute just to showcase a friend, I am fine with it.

Todd
07-19-2007, 03:17 PM
As long as Zombie doesn't halt the flow of the movie for a minute just to showcase a friend, I am fine with it.
Carpenter used many of the same actors in his early films and it didn't distract from anything. I doubt Sid Haig of Bill Mosely showing up in brief roles will be a cause of angst.

Monte
07-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Seems more like Rob just had a bunch of roles that needed to be filled and getting some of his friends was a fast and easy way to do it. I mean a character like "Cantankerous Grave Keeper" doesn't exactly require holding auditions.

Khan
07-19-2007, 03:37 PM
It saved a lot of time in the casting process for sure.

They are all probably on speed dial.

Todd
07-19-2007, 05:21 PM
It saved a lot of time in the casting process for sure.

They are all probably on speed dial.
Does it seriously bother you that Rob Zombie is using some people he's had in his previous movies? It's not like Sid Haig is Loomis or Bill Mosely was cast as Sheriff Brackett. They have bit parts. John Carpenter went a lot further than that when it came to using the same actors in several different films and it wasn't problematic at all.

Monte
07-19-2007, 05:24 PM
It's not like Sid Haig is Loomis or Bill Mosely was cast as Sheriff Brackett.

Although that would be really, really funny.

Shamrock-Robot
07-19-2007, 05:27 PM
John Carpenter used Peter Jason and George "Buck" Flowers over 6 or 7 times and that really didnt bother people, For some reason Rob Zombie catches alot of heat these days over little silly things, But I would rather have fucking Sid Haig or Bill Moseley in this movie than Busta Rhymes or Tyra Banks, God if people would just look back at the past 2 Halloween films and look at this one maybe it would dawn on them this is a good thing.

Monte
07-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Actually, someone on here said they would prefer a return of Busta Rhymes over Rob Zombie's remake. I don't even know how to attempt to begin arguing with that.

Shamrock-Robot
07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Actually, someone on here said they would prefer a return of Busta Rhymes over Rob Zombie's remake. I don't even know how to attempt to begin arguing with that.

Whoever said that has problems, And I wouldnt even try to argue with them, Im actually afraid of them, :bigeyes:

Khan
07-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Does it seriously bother you that Rob Zombie is using some people he's had in his previous movies? It's not like Sid Haig is Loomis or Bill Mosely was cast as Sheriff Brackett. They have bit parts. John Carpenter went a lot further than that when it came to using the same actors in several different films and it wasn't problematic at all.

I talked to an independent director once, and he said that it is possible to overcast a film, and I agree.

Cramming every genre actor of the past 30 years into this movie may not have been the wisest choice.

Monte
07-19-2007, 05:56 PM
While there are an awful lot of minor roles in this movie, they're still just minor roles. And I don't think the majority of them are meant to come off as "cameos," not in the kind of annoyingly distractive way everyone is afraid of. Hopefully.

Really, how many people in an average theater are going to go, "Oh my god, that's totally Captain Spaulding!"

WhiteZombie
07-19-2007, 06:05 PM

:roflmao: Are you serious? Come on...Thats just pathetic.

ColadaSplash
07-19-2007, 06:07 PM
The only people who will understand these cameos are fans anyway.

I mean, seriously... What average teenager will know who Adrienne Barbeau is?

Most of the people seeing this film won't even know who the people are.

Khan
07-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Yeah, the longtime horror fans are not the main target audience for this movie.

WhiteZombie
07-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah, the longtime horror fans are not the main target audience for this movie.

Sure they are. Maybe not to Dimension...But to Rob they are. Obviously hes looking to scare the shit out of younger kids and pre-teens, But hes not casting hip stars, and taking the pre-teen horror approch. Hes trying to make Myers scary again, and trying to please true Halloween/Horror fans.

Khan
07-19-2007, 06:30 PM
That may be Rob's goal, but he doesn't call the shots, Dimension does.

The hardcore horror fans are a lock to see the movie no matter how good or bad it is, so there is no need to target them.

This film is being marketed to a far wider audience then some horror fans.

People who don't know that this is a remake and haven't heard of Michael Myers are people to go after.

I know this is a bad example in terms of quality, but the Black Xmas remake was not targeted at fans of the original film, it was sold to people who didn't know that it was even a remake.

Monte
07-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Sure they are. Maybe not to Dimension...But to Rob they are. Obviously hes looking to scare the shit out of younger kids and pre-teens, But hes not casting hip stars, and taking the pre-teen horror approch. Hes trying to make Myers scary again, and trying to please true Halloween/Horror fans.

Well, that remains to be seen. There is not, however, any point in getting stressed out over the possibility of it not being good.

WhiteZombie
07-19-2007, 06:32 PM
That may be Rob's goal, but he doesn't call the shots, Dimension does.

The hardcore horror fans are a lock to see the movie no matter how good or bad it is, so there is no need to target them.

This film is being marketed to a far wider audience then some horror fans.

People who don't know that this is a remake and haven't heard of Michael Myers are people to go after.

I know this is a bad example in terms of quality, but the Black Xmas remake was not targeted at fans of the original film, it was sold to people who didn't know that it was even a remake.

Thats true. If nobody but true Horror fans were to see horror flicks, they'd all flop. Kind of like Grindhouse.

Khan
07-19-2007, 06:37 PM
When the marketing for this movie eventually kicks in, you will see how it is not completely aimed at the loyal fans, but at a far wider audience.

The Hills Have Eyes remake was not aimed at fans of the original movies, but at a brand new audience.

Monte
07-19-2007, 06:42 PM
That's because I can count on my hands the number of people who are aware of the existence of the original Hills Have Eyes, let alone fans of it.

What this hinges on is if Dimension's point of view and Rob's point of view agree with each other, and whether we, in turn, agree with their agreement.

Khan
07-19-2007, 06:54 PM
What this hinges on is if Dimension's point of view and Rob's point of view agree with each other, and whether we, in turn, agree with their agreement.

Rob isn't dumb, so he probably understands Dimension's need to reach a wide audience.

The execs have had input in this as has been reported, so they have given him an indication as to what kind of film they want to see.

mcilroga
07-19-2007, 07:27 PM
I dont care who has a cameo in this as long as it isnt Jamie Lee Curtis.

Any particular reason why?

I'm a fan of her and I don't want her to do a cameo... but I'm just curious of your reasons.

Oh, and LL did a great job. Just because you're a rapper doesn't mean you automatically are a bad actor, just watch Boys N' The Hood.

WhiteZombie
07-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh, and LL did a great job. Just because you're a rapper doesn't mean you automatically are a bad actor, just watch Boys N' The Hood.

Yeah, I liked LL in H20. He could actually act, and his character was entertaining. Busta couldent act, and was annoying as shit...And beat the shit out of Michael:confused:

Shamrock-Robot
07-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Any particular reason why?

I'm a fan of her and I don't want her to do a cameo... but I'm just curious of your reasons.

Well this may be well known but Im not too big of a fan of H20, And after seeing H20 and HR im kinda disgusted with JLC being in a Halloween movie, I still like her as a person and I appreciate what she did in H1 and H2 but I just wanna see some new blood in Halloween, And LL Cool J wasnt that bad in H20 the main rapper I have a problem with was Busta Ryhmes.

Gringo Loco
07-19-2007, 08:13 PM
The next Halloween trailer will be attached to the movie itself.:bastard: At least they targeted the right audience

LMAO, that was funny.

ColadaSplash
07-19-2007, 08:26 PM
I thought Jamie Lee Curtis retired from acting? She announced this a long time ago.

Now, it seems she has returned to acting. There was news of her starting a new movie.

ColadaSplash
07-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Also, there is a new interview with Dee Wallace Stone at www.dreadcentral.com

She seems to have had a good time making the film.

Shamrock Silver
07-19-2007, 08:42 PM
LL Cool J was the absolute worst in H20.
That whole ridiculous angle how he is a writer and at the end: "I'm gonna write a thriller!" Oh so lame.

I hated everything about H20...between Jamie Lee Curtis' sudden transformation into Linda Hamilton, the WB cast, Josh Hartnett's "I got my head stuck in a lawnmower" hairdo, the ridiculous old truck Michael stole from the mom and daughter, and the silly methods of murder - it is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Monte
07-19-2007, 08:49 PM
it is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

You must have not seen very many movies in your lifetime. One of the worst? Seriously?

And...I like the truck.

Shamrock Silver
07-19-2007, 08:51 PM
I heard that there will be a bar in Haddonfield very similar to the Blue Oyster from "Police Academy", and Dr. Loomis will wander in while searching for Michael. And just like in "Police Academy", the music will come on and Dr. Loomis will be pushed onto the dance floor and he will dance with a group of men dressed up like Marlon Brando from "The Wild One" and Rob Halford from Judas Priest.

Shamrock-Robot
07-19-2007, 09:27 PM
I heard that there will be a bar in Haddonfield very similar to the Blue Oyster from "Police Academy", and Dr. Loomis will wander in while searching for Michael. And just like in "Police Academy", the music will come on and Dr. Loomis will be pushed onto the dance floor and he will dance with a group of men dressed up like Marlon Brando from "The Wild One" and Rob Halford from Judas Priest.

And just like in Police Academy Leslie Easterbrook's character will drag another man into a room to have sex with her, But this time it wont be that latino guy or italian or whatever he was, It will be Sheriff Brackett.

ColadaSplash
07-19-2007, 09:32 PM
You must have not seen very many movies in your lifetime. One of the worst? Seriously?

And...I like the truck.

I thought "H20" was a major disappointment when I saw it theatrically.

However, a miracle happened several years. I managed to catch "Freddy vs. Jason" theatrically, and it allowed me to see "H20" in an entirely new light. For all "H20's" faults (and there are many), it's not even on the same level of badness that "FVJ" is.

I really do hope this remake makes my "happy list." I'd be very happy. I have a little hope: Freakzilla, who reviewed it in the "early review thread" (I really hope its not someone under an alias) -- well, their two favorite films (H1, H4) are mine, so hopefully this means something good for me.

Shamrock-Robot
07-19-2007, 10:28 PM
I thought "H20" was a major disappointment when I saw it theatrically.

However, a miracle happened several years. I managed to catch "Freddy vs. Jason" theatrically, and it allowed me to see "H20" in an entirely new light. For all "H20's" faults (and there are many), it's not even on the same level of badness that "FVJ" is.

I really do hope this remake makes my "happy list." I'd be very happy. I have a little hope: Freakzilla, who reviewed it in the "early review thread" (I really hope its not someone under an alias) -- well, their two favorite films (H1, H4) are mine, so hopefully this means something good for me.

I thought FVJ was ok, But the main problem I had with it was I just thought the whole VS concept was lame, I mean its like horror movie wrestling or something, But I have a good feeling about the remake and hopefully it will be a good film.

thomasjarvis
07-20-2007, 02:07 AM
Some guy named Jack Skelington (nice touch) is ripping this film apart over at DVDTalk.com. He claims to have seen it, but who really knows...
I've looked all over that site, and can't seem to locate Mr. Skelington's thoughts on Halloween '07.

mcilroga
07-20-2007, 02:34 AM
Well this may be well known but Im not too big of a fan of H20, And after seeing H20 and HR im kinda disgusted with JLC being in a Halloween movie, I still like her as a person and I appreciate what she did in H1 and H2 but I just wanna see some new blood in Halloween, And LL Cool J wasnt that bad in H20 the main rapper I have a problem with was Busta Ryhmes.

Oh, I see.

Well I liked Jamie's performances in both H20 and H:R even if the latter was a shitty film. But that's me. And yeah, Busta was horrible... but then again he is a horrible rapper as well and I think LL is good at both.

I actually liked FVJ in theatres, because I had a blast. It's no Citizen Kane, but it was enjoyable. Then I saw it on DVD years later and there flew my liking of it right out the window.

Man In Black
07-20-2007, 03:36 AM
I've looked all over that site, and can't seem to locate Mr. Skelington's thoughts on Halloween '07.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=467548&page=6&pp=25

His thoughts actually include the phrase:
"This fuck'n movie fuck'n sucked fuck'n fuck fuck asshole.... FUCK!"

So don't expect some kind or articulate or constructive criticism from this particular individual.

Todd
07-20-2007, 05:39 AM
I talked to an independent director once, and he said that it is possible to overcast a film, and I agree.

Cramming every genre actor of the past 30 years into this movie may not have been the wisest choice.
I guess it would depend on how the actors are used. Look at Crash. It was full of big name stars, yet it was good enough to win best picture at the academy awards. As long as the movie keeps its focus and the cameos aren't just fluff, I don't see why it would be a problem.

samhain51
07-20-2007, 06:17 AM
That whole ridiculous angle how he is a writer and at the end: "I'm gonna write a thriller!" Oh so lame.

I hated everything about H20...between Jamie Lee Curtis' sudden transformation into Linda Hamilton, the WB cast, Josh Hartnett's "I got my head stuck in a lawnmower" hairdo, the ridiculous old truck Michael stole from the mom and daughter, and the silly methods of murder - it is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

We bash LL cool J but he was a lot better than BUsta Bust!!!

WhiteZombie
07-20-2007, 06:24 AM
I thought FVJ was ok, But the main problem I had with it was I just thought the whole VS concept was lame, I mean its like horror movie wrestling or something.

Well I think the concept is lame too, But the movie is fun as hell. I dont take it seriously at all when I watch it, nor did I in theatres. I just liked seeing Freddy n Jason go at it.

Myers Insurance
07-20-2007, 06:47 AM
I think FvJ was more of a Nightmare film with a cameo by Jason.

Anyway, Rob's casting people he knows because he knows that they can act, they're professional, and he likes working with them. In the commentary for TDR, Sheri Moon said that Rob was an easy-going director, so he likes to have an easy-going cast.

They're not there for the sake of being there (Rosenthal's scene in Resurrection for instance) and it's not exactly like everyone's going to point out Captain Spaulding and Otis Driftwood in the movie. The only main actor in TDR that has a big role in this movie (and correct me if I'm wrong because I don't remember every cast member from TDR) is Sheri Moon Zombie, who's only in the first half of the movie.

Man In Black
07-20-2007, 06:51 AM
Updated cast list:

http://robzombieshalloween.net/halloween_cast.jpg

The Frightmaster
07-20-2007, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the update MIB.

Skyler Gisondo who plays Tommy Doyle is on the Bill Engvall show tuesday nights on TBS.

WhiteZombie
07-20-2007, 07:14 AM
Nurse Wynn...OH SHI!T, THORN IZ BAK!11

krustytheklown
07-20-2007, 07:30 AM
what scares me about test screenings and studio involvement is this. after a dozen screenings, a year delay and extensive reshoots for HR, the studio STILL saw fit to leave in the scene with Busta kung fooing michael threw the window, and the even worse scene of Busta telling michael to "get the fuck out of dodge!" and michael complying. what the hell. they could have reshot the kung fu scene with busta body checking michael out the window. its still stupid, but certainly less than the whole chung lee thing.all the reshoots, and they still thought that would play well. i didnt hate busta being in a halloween movie. he certainly did no worse than the cast of H5, or the chick who played ellie in H3, but the writing killed it. his character could have been played by marlon brando and we would still have hated him. his kicking michael threw the window is certainly not impossible physically, but if busta (or JLC) isnt scared of michael, then why should the audience be? for better or worse, i just hope that RZ isnt castrated by dimension, and we get the movie he intends. studios NEVER help matters.

Psych0ticNemes1s
07-20-2007, 08:23 AM

Wow... that is ridiculous. This film paid omage to the original and this is how you regard it? Sure the cast was WB'ish but they performed well... None if it seems like mindless acting to me... LL did a great job... I agree his writing career was a bit strange but it was interesting and worked FOR the film... The car was a bit ridiculous but that shouldn't make or brake a film..

Anyways, I'm going to have to say that Rob using his resources from other films isn't a bad thing... hopefully.

wyatt s
07-20-2007, 08:34 AM
his character could have been played by marlon brando and we would still have hated him.

That depends. Are we talking Marlon Brando pre or post Apocalypse Now?

krustytheklown
07-20-2007, 09:24 AM
marlon brando up to superman 1. Also, i have to disagree with Shamrock on H20. compared to H5, H6, HR it was a fucking masterpeice. dont get me wrong, it wasnt great but certainly nothing that i would totally shit on. i didnt care for the scream music they stuck in, and thought that the movie was too much a studio product that didnt really take any chances, and i didnt care for JLC going all "linda hamilton" to say the least. like i said, that scene may have worked for JLC dramatically, but didnt help the movie at all. If JLC isnt scared, why should the audience be scared? it was too much a product of the scream era, but then again, if scream wasnt such a success dimension never would have greenlighted such an expensive relaunch of the franchise, and we could have gotten another crap sequel directed by a joe chappelle wanna be(rick rosenthal, HR)

Myers Insurance
07-20-2007, 09:56 AM
How can you say LL Cool J was bad in H20? I'd take a writing rapper over a kung-ru rapper any day. Plus LL can act.

wyatt s
07-20-2007, 10:16 AM
marlon brando up to superman 1

In said case, him playing the role of a Kung Fu rapper internet producer would have been great. There's no way I wouldn't have loved the character had that particular Brando played him.

Khan
07-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Busta is facing four separate trials for various charges.

Hopefully one of them is for appearing in Resurrection.

Myers Insurance
07-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Busta is facing four separate trials for various charges.

Hopefully one of them is for appearing in Resurrection.

Hopefully one of them is for ruining Resurrection more than it already was.

DeanCorso
07-20-2007, 11:17 AM
How can you say LL Cool J was bad in H20? I'd take a writing rapper over a kung-ru rapper any day. Plus LL can act.

They were both bad!! because of bad scripts for both movies....come to think of it Busta would be still a damn annoying no talent actor with or without a good script.

The Busta, LL or Kelly Rowland (Freddy vs Jason) of this world should stick to music, theres tons of real actors that can fill their roles and be much better.

krustytheklown
07-20-2007, 01:19 PM
i just never took freddy or jason very seriously. i went, i had a good time with some of them, walked away generally entertained, just like i did with freddy vs. jason. they arent intended to be serious horror anymore, they are what they are, which is popcorn escapist entertainment, which i can enjoy as much as the next guy. halloween is different, as the first one clearly set the tone for the slasher industry and was the clear suceessor to psycho in terms of horror. but for years halloween has been wallowing without a clear purpose and didnt know what kind of movie people wanted to see. a movie in tone with the first one, a scream ripoff, more blair witch, ect. i hoping RZ can wipe all that away and make halloween scary again. thats all i want, to feel like i did coming out of the theater in 1978

Shamrock-Robot
07-20-2007, 01:20 PM
I dont think cameos are really that distracting, Maybe If Rob had Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt in this but I dont think nobody's gonna recognize Sid Haig or Bill Moseley or Udo Keir maybe us horror fans will but no one else wont, And these people are actors, I think Rob got them cause he knew they could pull off what he wanted not just for the sake of cameo's, A cameo isnt a cameo unless its meant to be.

HannibalBEATNGU
07-20-2007, 01:42 PM
i just never took freddy or jason very seriously. i went, i had a good time with some of them, walked away generally entertained, just like i did with freddy vs. jason. they arent intended to be serious horror anymore, they are what they are, which is popcorn escapist entertainment, which i can enjoy as much as the next guy. halloween is different, as the first one clearly set the tone for the slasher industry and was the clear suceessor to psycho in terms of horror. but for years halloween has been wallowing without a clear purpose and didnt know what kind of movie people wanted to see. a movie in tone with the first one, a scream ripoff, more blair witch, ect. i hoping RZ can wipe all that away and make halloween scary again. thats all i want, to feel like i did coming out of the theater in 1978

I think the original ANOES is atleast as deep and scary as the original Halloween, and the original TCM and Black Christmas deserve as much if not more credit for the inspiration of the slasher genre as Halloween.

If we're to address what the franchises turned into over time, I think Halloween descended even further than ANOES or F13 did.

wyatt s
07-20-2007, 01:48 PM
If we're to address what the franchises turned into over time, I think Halloween descended even further than ANOES or F13 did.

I don't believe it descended further, though I suppose the hieght of the fall makes that atleast somewhat true, I just think it did it faster. Atleast faster than F13 anyway.

Monte
07-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Now you've all gone and done it. All the bitching about the long hair has made Rob go back and reshoot the whole movie with a new mask.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/halloween/2004/october24/6.jpg

HannibalBEATNGU
07-20-2007, 01:59 PM
I want Andy Serkis as Michael with a CGI Shatner mask.

The Dark Knight
07-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Now you've all gone and done it. All the bitching about the long hair has made Rob go back and reshoot the whole movie with a new mask.

yikes.

wyatt s
07-20-2007, 02:04 PM

see now I find that frightening.

mannylb88
07-20-2007, 02:22 PM
it kinda looks like ozzy osbourne.

Todd
07-20-2007, 02:53 PM
You saw the original in the theater?
Then you must be at least as old as me.
Yes, the first Halloween was scary.
It might not seem as frightening now, but most of us on this board have seen it a hundred times. I think the franchise started to go off track with H5 and has been struggling to find an identity ever since. Michael Myers hasn't been the boogeyman for at least ten years now. Although I was initially resistent to Zombies ideas, I've come to accept that he will at least try to make the the Shape scary again. Some of the nitpicking I see people doing about cameos and such is absurd. I think it comes down to the fact that a lot of people are hesitant to accept change, even if it is about a movie. Yes, Rob Zombies version of Michael will be different than we've seen before, but given the almost cartoonish figure the Shape has become, change is exactly what is needed.

Patrick1679
07-20-2007, 03:17 PM
I agree that change is needed. As far as i'm concerned Halloween hasn't been the same since Halloween 2. To me that's where the series ended. Hallween 4 was disappointing. It was interesting watching a "doll" pop up and kill people. To me that's what the mask looked like. It was atrocious. I remember the hype on that movie. I was very excited to go see it. But I was so disappointed with the way Myers looked and acted. It was a joke. The series just got worse as time went on.

I'm looking forward to Rob's version. The only thing I have mixed feelings with is the mask. I HATE the rotting look. In some pics it looks like the mask from H6 and in others it looks similar to Leatherface a little. Other than that i'm happy with a remake. Everything else I like so far. I just wish Rob used the EXACT mask as H1. Maybe dirty a bit like in H2. There's something about the look of that Shatner mask that's creepy.

Either way i'm sure this will be the best Halloween since Halloween 2. Change was needed.

Todd
07-20-2007, 03:32 PM
I agree that change is needed. As far as i'm concerned Halloween hasn't been the same since Halloween 2. To me that's where the series ended. Hallween 4 was disappointing. It was interesting watching a "doll" pop up and kill people. To me that's what the mask looked like. It was atrocious. I remember the hype on that movie. I was very excited to go see it. But I was so disappointed with the way Myers looked and acted. It was a joke. The series just got worse as time went on.

I'm looking forward to Rob's version. The only thing I have mixed feelings with is the mask. I HATE the rotting look. In some pics it looks like the mask from H6 and in others it looks similar to Leatherface a little. Other than that i'm happy with a remake. Everything else I like so far. I just wish Rob used the EXACT mask as H1. Maybe dirty a bit like in H2. There's something about the look of that Shatner mask that's creepy. I can accept some things that I'm not crazy about as long as the movie itself is good and Michael Myers becomes a frightening figure again.

Either way i'm sure this will be the best Halloween since Halloween 2. Change was needed.
I actually liked H4 almost as much as I did H2. Like you, I didn't care for the mask and I think that George Wilbur almost did a parody of Michael at times, but overall the movie was pretty good. It was H5 that turned Michael into something less than scary. It wasn't Michael himself as much as it was the almost campy tone of the film.
As far as the new mask goes, I'll admit I'm not a big fan of the rotted look. On the other hand, given the storyline, it would make sense for it to be that way. I can accept some things that I'm not crazy about as long as the film itself is good and Michael Myers becomes a frightening character again.

MyersDawg
07-20-2007, 04:20 PM
http://www.dreadcentral.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2593- Check this out. (Dont know if its been posted or not.) But its a ton of new pics of the NECA Myers figure from Zombies Halloween.

scoob
07-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Just found this interview with Rob, seems pretty recent and he talks about the test screenings.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=825

hOTKILLERsuNday
07-20-2007, 05:51 PM
From Robs Myspace.

The final stages

Well, we are in the final stages of Halloween here. Starting on Monday we begin color timing and mixing the sound and then I am done! Soon Michael will be back on the big screen where he belongs.

Just so you all know, I like MIB am in the UK and I am not watching a shitty pirate like Halloween Ressurection. So (deep breath) when the movie comes out in August no talking about it till its released in the Uk or I may just have to kick your assess.

Monte
07-20-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm sure everyone will have already kicked each others' asses for disagreeing with their opinion about the movie anyway.

TheShape'78
07-20-2007, 06:53 PM
From Robs Myspace.

The final stages

Well, we are in the final stages of Halloween here. Starting on Monday we begin color timing and mixing the sound and then I am done! Soon Michael will be back on the big screen where he belongs.

Just so you all know, I like MIB am in the UK and I am not watching a shitty pirate like Halloween Ressurection. So (deep breath) when the movie comes out in August no talking about it till its released in the Uk or I may just have to kick your assess.

you might just have to stay away until it is released there, cos i can't see a halloween message board staying quiet when the new movie is released. it is going to be "HELL ON THE HALLOWEEN MESSAGE BOARD" when this movie comes out, people are going to be cutting it down while others defend it, disagreenments, people getting pissed cos someone disagreed w/ them, etc. i just don't see this place staying quiet.

-mitch-

wyatt s
07-20-2007, 06:57 PM
i just don't see this place staying quiet.

I believe you would be correct. And C'mon now, do we really want the board to stay quiet when the film comes out?

TheShape'78
07-20-2007, 06:59 PM
I believe you would be correct. And C'mon now, do we really want the board to stay quiet when the film comes out?

HELL NO!!!

lol

-mitch-

wyatt s
07-20-2007, 07:05 PM
HELL NO!!!

lol

Agreed. If it was silent, wouldn't that most likely suggest that the film was just that terrible? That it's horrible quality had finally killed all of our spirits? I suppose it could mean that people were speachless over how good it was, but I doubt that would happen quite a lot.

Khan
07-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Just found this interview with Rob, seems pretty recent and he talks about the test screenings.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=825

Rob said this about a sequal and hinted at the ending:

There's no way I would do it because I approached this movie singular film unto itself. I don't give a shit about reinvigorating a franchise, that's all well and good because you have to make money but I just wanted to make a great film and that's all Carpenter wanted to do. Not make a series. If they make "Halloween" 2, 3, 4, 9000, I'm not gonna be involved. Because this film has such a great start and a great ending, to go, "Let's start it up again!" Would be, to me, "Oh, Jesus Christ."

So all of the Zombie fanboys can rest assured that he ain't coming back. ;)

Gringo Loco
07-20-2007, 07:18 PM
You know Zombie kinda said the same thing about the Halloween remake before he took the director's chair so I take what he says with a grain of salt.

ColadaSplash
07-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Rob mentioned Scout have no sequel obligation in that review, but didn't she say herself she was signed along with McDowell?

scoob
07-20-2007, 07:23 PM
True, I mean its always better to play safe. If the film bombed and the plans for a Halloween 2 were ditched then Rob would look a bit daft having said that he would be happy to direct another one. Mind you, if the film was box office disaster I think that would be the least if his problems.

It wont bomb though, at least, hope not.

wyatt s
You know Zombie kinda said the same thing about the Halloween remake before he took the director's chair so I take what he says with a grain of salt.

For as much as I like Rob Zombie, movies and music (white zombie anyway) and as much as I like what I've seen so far for this remake, I have to agree with you on that. Rob hasn't exactly been one hundred percent consistent when it comes to the things he says.

Rob mentioned Scout have no sequel obligation in that review, but didn't she say herself she was signed along with McDowell?

I try not to listen to the things that Scout says too often. I find her to be a bit, well more than a bit really, confusing. And I'm not trying to sound like an ass by saying that.

Khan

She signed for two more as well as Malcolm.

Tyler only signed on for one more.

I try not to listen to the things that Scout says too often. I find her to be a bit, well more than a bit really, confusing. And I'm not trying to sound like an ass by saying that.

Scout needs to stop doing interviews and press.

She comes off really badly when on the hot seat, constantly making things up and contradicting Zombie.

wyatt s
07-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Scout needs to stop doing interviews and press.

She comes off really badly when on the hot seat, constantly making things up and contradicting Zombie.

I think she's the kind of actor that needs the really structured interviews. The kinds where the participants get the questions in advance and can work out what they want to say before hand. That would probably be helpful for her, atleast until she becomes a little bit more seasoned and gets more comfortable with the process.

Khan
07-20-2007, 07:42 PM
She is young and very new at this, so I bet she gets pretty nervous, but that is no excuse to just make up answers out of thin air or totally spoil the movie.

I wonder if anyone spoke to her about her misleading answers.

HannibalBEATNGU
07-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Well Zombie is also constantly contradicting Zombie.

Khan
07-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah.

He says : Remakes are dumb

He does : Directs a remake

I can't blame him if the paycheque was big enough.

Ted White kept turning down the role of Jason until the paycheque was big enough.

wyatt s
07-20-2007, 07:49 PM
That to me is different though. Changing an opinion is not the same thing as making things up out of whole cloth or spoiling entire pieces of the film.

Khan
07-20-2007, 07:52 PM
I wonder if it is a coincidence that they shot a new ending after Scout spoiled the old one.

wyatt s
07-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Sir that was mean and uncalled for...and fucking brilliant!

Myers Insurance
07-20-2007, 09:23 PM
How exactly did Scout spoil the old one? She simply said that it was open-ended. Eh, I probably missed an interview somewhere or something then...

Anyway, I like their new ending better than the one that was in the script.

ColadaSplash
07-20-2007, 09:52 PM
I heard much of the old ending by complete accident too.

I don't know the new one, and don't want to know it yet. I probably know too much about this film already.

DonaldPismyHero
07-20-2007, 09:53 PM
How exactly did Scout spoil the old one? She simply said that it was open-ended. Eh, I probably missed an interview somewhere or something then...

Yes, there was an interview with Scout a while back where she was asked if the movie eluded to a sequel as the original did and she said yes (I believe). BTW, it might be too late but Rob was on Fangoria Radio tonight. I didn't have a chance to hear it because I don't have Sirius but here's a review from my friend Scott at the Shape of Fear.

http://www.filmedge.net/Halloween/news0720dw.htm

Gringo Loco
07-20-2007, 09:59 PM
When Dee Wallace received the call to come back for a week of additional scenes, she replied, "I've already died," to which the producers responded, "But Rob wants to kill you better!"

Jeez, Filmedge could've put a spoiler alert message on that. It reminds me of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force cartoon where Master Shake says, "spolier alert." Don't ask why, it just does, k? :)

samhain51
07-21-2007, 06:05 AM
I heard much of the old ending by complete accident too.

I don't know the new one, and don't want to know it yet. I probably know too much about this film already.

I was trying to find out every thing I could About the movie ! NOw that I have general Knowledge on what the storyline Is , There are some things that even I want changed Now I will keep to my self and Be patient and wait for the movie . I tried not to read the script but couldnt help my self!

Todd
07-21-2007, 07:03 AM
I wonder if it is a coincidence that they shot a new ending after Scout spoiled the old one.
Perhaps, but it's also possible that Dimension didn't like the original ending because it didn't leave the door open for a sequel.

Khan
07-21-2007, 07:24 AM

She did a video interview and revealed every detail of the old ending.

Myers Insurance
07-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Ah, that makes since.

Though it's also possible because it was a very closed ending, so Dimension wanted Rob to make an ending that left it open for a sequel. And judging by how it ends, I'd say it does just that. (Though I am a bit mad at Dimension for changing ANOTHER ending to a Halloween film).

Shamrock Silver
07-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Yes, there was an interview with Scout a while back where she was asked if the movie eluded to a sequel as the original did and she said yes (I believe). BTW, it might be too late but Rob was on Fangoria Radio tonight. I didn't have a chance to hear it because I don't have Sirius but here's a review from my friend Scott at the Shape of Fear.

http://www.filmedge.net/Halloween/news0720dw.htm

Like the Rolling Stones song goes: "...whatsa matta witchu, boy?"
You gotta get Sirius.
I don't know what I would do without it.
Howard Stern is worth it alone.
Beyond that, the commercial-free music is the shit - particularly when they have absolutely every genre you could ask for.
(One flaw = the news and talk radio stations have waaaay too many commercials.)

Khan
07-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Yes, there was an interview with Scout a while back where she was asked if the movie eluded to a sequel as the original did and she said yes (I believe

Scout makes up a lot of things.

Shamrock Silver
07-21-2007, 06:51 PM
If they do take the franchise in yet another (3rd) different direction - I hope the H2 remake won't occur mostly in a hospital with a drugged-out heroine.
I know most of you guys like H2.
I think the beginning was awesome - the neighborhood on alert, murder story on all the news stations, cops speeding around, Michael still roaming the streets, etc. But as soon as he committed that TOTALLY gratuitous murder of the one chick in her house, and then the rest of the film mainly in the hospital - kinda got boring. Some fun characters and great movement by Warlock, but not my cup o' tea.

Roswell
07-21-2007, 06:58 PM
If they do take the franchise in yet another (3rd) different direction - I hope the H2 remake won't occur mostly in a hospital with a drugged-out heroine.
I think the beginning was awesome - the neighborhood on alert, murder story on all the news stations, cops speeding around, Michael still roaming the streets, etc. But as soon as he committed that TOTALLY gratuitous murder of the one chick in her house, and then the rest of the film mainly in the hospital - kinda got boring. Some fun characters and great movement by Warlock, but not my cup o' tea.

Oh man. You're going to bring the wrath of themyerswalk down on your head.

Though I do sort of agree with you on H2.

Franchise
07-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Bullshit. H2 is the best sequel and everyone knows it.

halo thirty one
07-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Bullshit. H2 is the best sequel and everyone knows it.
If, by best, you mean not quite as good as H4:bastard:

Franchise
07-21-2007, 07:22 PM
And if by saying that H4 is second fiddle...

ghettomyers
07-21-2007, 07:26 PM
pshhhhhh now EERRRRbody HR beats all dat shit

Khan
07-21-2007, 07:27 PM

I will say this again:

They can't remake H2 or make a movie that resembles it!

They would get sued!

Oh man. You're going to bring the wrath of themyerswalk down on your head.

Not wrath, just common sense. ;)

Franchise
And spellcheck whips your ass! ;)

Todd
If there is a sequel to the upcoming film, I wouldn't want it to be an H2 clone. Maybe it could be a hybrid of H2,4, and H20, with Michael having been in a coma for several years and waking up to go after Laurie again. They could have him escape whatever hospital he's in and and then not be heard from for several years afterward, with Laurie living her life looking for him around every corner and jumping at the slightest noise. Perhaps just when she decides to stop being afraid, that's when Mike decides to pay her another visit.
Just a thought.

Khan
07-21-2007, 07:29 PM
It can't be an H2 clone for legal reasons.

That movie and it's plot are property of Universal, not Dimension.

Now they could change it up just enough so that it didn't break any copyright laws, but that could be costly and time consuming.

Shock: Has producer Malek Akkad been pressing you about a sequel
Zombie: Malek says it, but I'm like there's no f**kin' way. [laughs], I know Scout [Taylor-Compton, aka Laurie Strode] hasn't signed on for a sequel. There's no way I would do it because I approached this movie singular film unto itself. I don't give a shit about reinvigorating a franchise, that's all well and good because you have to make money but I just wanted to make a great film and that's all Carpenter wanted to do. Not make a series. If they make "Halloween" 2, 3, 4, 9000, I'm not gonna be involved. Because this film has such a great start and a great ending, to go, "Let's start it up again!" Would be, to me, "Oh, Jesus Christ."

Just thought I would post this, as it seems that Scout hasn't signed on for more, but Malcolm has signed on for two more and Tyler has signed on for one more.

Dark Empire
07-22-2007, 01:48 AM
If Scout doesn't sign on, you can maybe use some of the H4 storyline? I wouldn't mind, but I rather have a new type of franchise starting from Zombies.

ColadaSplash
07-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Scout did an interview on Friday. She says she's very open to coming back. Of course things change really quick when stardom calls. If this movie propels her a level, she probably won't want to be stuck into coming back. I wouldn't... No offense to Halloween. I'd just be afraid of the dreaded "type-cast."

If I were her, I wouldn't sign anything yet. I'd wait to see what offers come in after the film opens first. I'd think she'd have a sequel stipulation with Dimension: I mean they even suckered Jamie Lee Curtis into one when she wanted Myers dead, and was very against coming back.

It's probably just hidden in the girl's contract and she doesn't know about it yet. Judging from some of these interviews, I doubt Scout even read the contract.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=2443

Dark Empire
07-22-2007, 03:01 AM
JLC is a bitch.

Shamrock-Robot
07-22-2007, 03:07 AM
Harsh words. lol

mcilroga
07-22-2007, 05:51 AM
JLC is a bitch.

You cunt!

Glad Scout wants to come back. :)

WhiteZombie
07-22-2007, 06:23 AM

No way. The atmosphere in the entire second half is creepy as hell, and definetly not boring. But thats your opinion, and for the H2 thread.

The Kilted One
07-22-2007, 07:32 AM
JLC is a bitch.

DE is an asshole.

:bastard:

p.s. I'm a rabid H2 fan, so it has my complete support. If they could remake it, in HMH, I'd be all for that... why not?

Myers Insurance
07-22-2007, 08:46 AM
H2 and H3 cannot be re-made unless Dimension wants to have a big lawsuit from Universal for copyright infringement. H1, H4, and H5 are property of Trancas Pictures - which is the Akkad's company - and H6, H20, and HR are Dimension's property, so those six can be re-made.

WhiteZombie
07-22-2007, 08:51 AM
H2 and H3 cannot be re-made unless Dimension wants to have a big lawsuit from Universal for copyright infringement. H1, H4, and H5 are property of Trancas Pictures - which is the Akkad's company - and H6, H20, and HR are Dimension's property, so those six can be re-made.

So does that mean there just cannot be a Halloween 2 period. Or does it mean it just cant be a "remake" of Halloween 2.

Dark Empire
07-22-2007, 08:53 AM
You cunt!

Glad Scout wants to come back. :)

DE is an asshole.

:bastard:

p.s. I'm a rabid H2 fan, so it has my complete support. If they could remake it, in HMH, I'd be all for that... why not?

Why thank you gentlemen! :roflmao:

But just to back up why I think she is...
She is the one who bad mouthed the whole series even though it gave her a start, plenty of more shit but anyways, my opinion stands :bastard:

renee30152
07-22-2007, 09:25 AM
And at the time the complaint was that the movie "looked amateurish," which is the most accurate thing about that movie anyone at Dimension has ever said.

Compared to the others movies and movies at this day and age it did.:yar:

renee30152
07-22-2007, 09:28 AM

She is the one who bad mouthed the whole series even though it gave her a start, plenty of more shit but anyways, my opinion stands :bastard:

Who does DE stand for and what did she say about the series? :han:

The Kilted One
07-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Who does DE stand for and what did she say about the series? :han:

DE is Dark Empire, and he said that H2 was not the best sequal in the series, Miss Bastard. :) As for JLC, what she said was not a whole lot different from what Carpenter says on a regular basis. I say, who cares, let them say what they want.

Khan
07-22-2007, 09:52 AM
So does that mean there just cannot be a Halloween 2 period. Or does it mean it just cant be a "remake" of Halloween 2.

It can't be called Halloween 2 or have any similarities to it unless they want lawyers involved.

Glad Scout wants to come back.

Maybe she will totally spoil the sequal as well.

Todd
07-22-2007, 10:21 AM
It can't be called Halloween 2 or have any similarities to it unless they want lawyers involved.
Dimension could purchase the rights to H2 or simply call it something else.
If they want to make a sequel to Zombies film, they'll get it done.

Maybe she will totally spoil the sequal as well.
What information did she leak that spoiled the movie?
I'm not challenging you, but I watched her interview and didn't hear her say anything that ruined it for me. She gave away a few things, but it's not like there are any Sixth Sense type twists.

mcilroga
07-22-2007, 10:23 AM

That was years ago, and the whole cast and crew are sick of talking about Halloween. All she said was that it was "a good horror film and nothing more" and that "the series was shit" (which a lot of it was) or something along those lines. That isn't so bad when put into perspective.

Cunt. ;)

Khan
07-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Dimension could purchase the rights to H2 or simply call it something else.
If they want to make a sequel to Zombies film, they'll get it done.

Universal knows they they have, so they won't give it up.

Even setting it in a hospital would be grounds for a lawsuit given the circumstances.

They will have to call it something else.

I am curious to see what they would call it.

What information did she leak that spoiled the movie?
I'm not challenging you, but I watched her interview and didn't hear her say anything that ruined it for me. She gave away a few things, but it's not like there are any Sixth Sense type twists.

In her video interview, she laid out her main scene she has with Malcolm McDowell, which happens to be the ending of the movie, in full detail.

The Dark Knight
07-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Halloween 2.......Years Later!

Khan
07-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Too close.

Someone once opened a place called McBagel and McDonalds forced a name change.

Todd
07-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Universal knows they they have, so they won't give it up.
Even setting it in a hospital would be grounds for a lawsuit given the circumstances.
They will have to call it something else.
I am curious to see what they would call it.

All of the Halloween movies after the original have been subtitled except for
H2, so that shouldn't prove to be a problem. As far as not being able to set it in a hospital, I seriously doubt they would want to simply copy Halloween 2, anyway.

In her video interview, she laid out her main scene she has with Malcolm McDowell, which happens to be the ending of the movie, in full detail.
I saw that, and while I wish she hadn't been so detailed about it, it isn't going to ruin the movie for me. From what I understand, they reshot a new ending, anyway.

Myers Insurance
07-22-2007, 10:58 AM
They could have a hospital setting and not get sued. Many movies have taken place at a camp and you don't see them getting sued by the F13 makers.

At any rate, I doubt it would take place at a hospital. The new Halloween is pretty different from the original Halloween, and I doubt Dimension would re-hash Halloween 2 exactly the same. Maybe the first 1/3 of it takes place at a hospital, the second third takes place someplace else, and the final third gives us a fast-paced look at a Halloween 4 remake.

(And that was sarcasm)

Khan
07-22-2007, 11:04 AM
All of the Halloween movies after the original have been subtitled except for
H2, so that shouldn't prove to be a problem. As far as not being able to set it in a hospital, I seriously doubt they would want to simply copy Halloween 2, anyway.

Given that McDowell has signed on for two more, maybe they want to continue with his story rather then Michael's.

I saw that, and while I wish she hadn't been so detailed about it, it isn't going to ruin the movie for me. From what I understand, they reshot a new ending, anyway.

I wonder if her spoiling the ending was a part of the decision to shoot a new ending or if the executives wanted an ending they could base a sequal upon..

They could have a hospital setting and not get sued. Many movies have taken place at a camp and you don't see them getting sued by the F13 makers.

They weren't direct remakes, so it wasn't an issue.

What I am referring to is having the hospital as a main setting.

Todd
07-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Given that McDowell has signed on for two more, maybe they want to continue with his story rather then Michael's.

Tyler Mane has signed on for a possible sequel too, hasn't he?

I wonder if her spoiling was a part of the decision to shoot a new ending.
That, or Dimension might have thought the original ending would have problematic in terms of making a sequel.

Khan
07-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Tyler Mane has signed on for a possible sequel too, hasn't he?

Mane has only signed on for one more possible sequal.

That, or Dimension might have thought the original ending would have problematic in terms of making a sequel.

That is the most logical reason.

They don't want to have to resurrect him with a lightning bolt or telekinesis.

Myers Insurance
07-22-2007, 11:19 AM
The original ending was very close-ended, Michael dead. In the new ending, it doesn't tell if he does or not. Though H20's ending was more close-ended than the new Halloween's ending is.

PG Soul
07-22-2007, 11:21 AM
But will he return as The Shape in the sequel?

Sorta like Goldblum losing his human skin at the end of The Fly to manifest what he had really become!

I suppose Michael would look the same though, even if he transformed into The Shape.

I mean lets face it, we are talking about Michael Myers here and not Optimus Prime.

Gerry f'n D
07-22-2007, 11:21 AM
If they wanted they could set Halloween II around the high rise apartment building setting which was orignally the idea for HII.

cheers

PG Soul
07-22-2007, 11:23 AM
If they wanted they could set Halloween II around the high rise apartment building setting which was orignally an idea for HII.

cheers

They did that with Demons 2 and Somebodies Watching Me though, already.

Gerry f'n D
07-22-2007, 11:26 AM
They did that with Demons 2 and Somebodies Watching Me though, already.

Yeah but they haven't done it in a Halloween film.

cheers

Khan
07-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Sorta like Goldblum losing his human skin at the end of The Fly to manifest what he had really become!

The sequal didn't have Goldblum as the fly, but instead focused on the result of Geena Davis' pregnancy.

Todd
07-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Mane has only signed on for one more possible sequal.
Well, I guess we can take that as an indication that they won't be trying to go the Halloween 3 route again, though a movie with Loomis as the main focus would be interesting.

That is the most logical reason.
They don't want to have to resurrect him with a lightning bolt or telekinesis.
I wonder how much of a source of angst that was for RZ?
He's made his feelings about a sequel well known, so I'm sure he wanted to have the ending of his movie be as definitive as possible. Then again, if Zombies original ending is the only thing that Dimesion made him change, he should count his blessings.

PG Soul
07-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah but they haven't done it in a Halloween film.

cheers

Hmm, I dunno, hmm.

Ok, how about a High Rise Hospital? Each floor is like a different level, you know first floor, pregnancies, second floor, muscle damage/rehab, floor three, burns unit etc etc. So basically like Michael Myers and Laurie battle it out on each level, but each level is filled with a different kind of danger. Sort of like Bruce Lee's Game of Death, if you will.

Myerswalk, Goldblum transformed into a Fly at the end of the movie, I have no idea where you got the Eric Stoltz movie from though.

Khan
07-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Well, I guess we can take that as an indication that they won't be trying to go the Halloween 3 route again, though a movie with Loomis as the main focus would be interesting.

I have to admit, it would be a different place for a new series to go.

I wonder how much of a source of angst that was for RZ?
He's made his feelings about a sequel well known, so I'm sure he wanted to have the ending of his movie be as definitive as possible. Then again, if Zombies original ending is the only thing that Dimension made him change, he should count his blessings.

They probably said something like "we have given you some level of control for the most part, but you can't kill him off, so make sure his surviving is a possibility."

He is indeed lucky that they went the extra mile for him and granted him so much creative freedom compared to what their usual procedure is.

Myerswalk, Goldblum transformed into a Fly at the end of the movie, I have no idea where you got the Eric Stoltz movie from though.

I know that he transforms into a fly.

I was referring to how The Fly 2 elaborates on the pregnancy aspect of the remake.

Myers Insurance
07-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Rob is lucky the only thing that got changed was the ending and that we didn't have another producer's/director's/rough/theatrical cut of a Halloween movie.

renee30152
07-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Who is Dark Empire, Mr. Bastard? I know I must sound like a dumb blonde, but I have no clue who that is. :D
Depending on how well the remake is, I would be all for a remake of Halloween 2. :D

Khan
07-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Who is Dark Empire, Mr. Bastard? I know I must sound like a dumb blonde, but I have no clue who that is. :D
Depending on how well the remake is, I would be all for a remake of Halloween 2. :D

They CAN"T remake it! :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Now, they are well within their rights to remake Resurrection if the fans want more Halloween movies. :yar:

ghettomyers
07-22-2007, 01:22 PM
universal aint doin shit wit H2 and i dont think there makin any good money off of it now, so they might sell the rights

Khan
07-22-2007, 01:25 PM
If I was a big shot at Universal, I would gloat at the fact that I was stopping Dimension from releasing a box set, but that is just me.

They still get revenue from that movie when someone buys it on DVD like I did, so I would bet that they will be holding onto it for a while.

They are doing something with it, specifically continuing to offer it on DVD for fans of the series.

Owning the rights gives them bargaining power in any situation.

shoe1985
07-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Right now would be the perfect time to re-release H2, not even to add any new features, but a newer DVD, maybe change the cover. People might think they made a sequel already. That is what I would do if I was in charge of Universal.

Khan
07-22-2007, 02:08 PM
There is an H2/H3 double feature being released by Universal, but it is bare bones.

shoe1985
07-22-2007, 03:06 PM
There is an H2/H3 double feature being released by Universal, but it is bare bones.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Good idea for those who don't have them.

Todd
07-22-2007, 03:36 PM
H2 and H3 are being re-released with no extras???
That's what I call pointless.

Khan
07-22-2007, 03:42 PM
H2 and H3 are being re-released with no extras???
That's what I call pointless.

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=11494

They are bundling the movies together.

Todd
07-22-2007, 04:22 PM
http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=11494

They are bundling the movies together.
I would buy it, but then I'd have tattoo the word "SUCKER" to my forehead.

Inhumane
07-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Here's yet another subpar test screening review from AICN:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33403

Gringo Loco
07-22-2007, 04:49 PM
I think that review has already been makin the circles around the 'net.

mcilroga
07-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Here's yet another subpar test screening review from AICN:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33403

The reviewer fell asleep during the original and is not a fan of it; his opinion is worthless.

Gringo Loco
07-22-2007, 04:53 PM
The reviewer fell asleep during the original and is not a fan of it; his opinion is worthless.

It makes you wonder WTF he was thinking when he sent in the review to AICN.

Khan
07-22-2007, 05:19 PM
I would buy it, but then I'd have tattoo the word "SUCKER" to my forehead.

They can do this, but not a special edition of H2.

On topic, the guy who fell asleep during the original is a casual movie goer, just the type Dimension is hoping to get to see this movie.

Todd
07-22-2007, 06:01 PM
On topic, the guy who fell asleep during the original is a casual movie goer, just the type Dimension is hoping to get to see this movie.
My mother is a casual movie goer too, but as I said before, I doubt she would like RZ's Halloween no matter how good it is. I'm sorry, but anyone who admits they fell asleep while watching the original Halloween isn't someone whose opinion I'm going be very concerned with.

ColadaSplash
07-22-2007, 06:15 PM
My mother saw the original "Halloween" all those years ago and enjoyed it. Go figure.

From a fan perspective, I agree with Todd; from a business perspective, Myerswalk. I think you guys are both right -- it just depends on how you look at it.

Khan
07-22-2007, 06:28 PM
For all we know, the guy watched it again and didn't fall asleep, but still didn't like it.

They aren't the best at expressing thoughts, but I look past that and can get the essence of what they are saying.

It is just one review anyways.

Todd
07-22-2007, 07:14 PM
My mother saw the original "Halloween" all those years ago and enjoyed it. Go figure.

From a fan perspective, I agree with Todd; from a business perspective, Myerswalk. I think you guys are both right -- it just depends on how you look at it.
I'm just looking at it from the perspective of both a fan and someone who understands the business side of movie making. Obviously horror movies aren't for everyone, and the same goes for Zombies style of writing and directing. As a fan, when considering how much weight to give to someones review of this movie, if they start off by saying they fell asleep while watching JC's version, to me that knocks the piss out of their credibility. Maybe credibility isn't the right word, but I doubt this reviewer and I would see things the same way. I've seen a couple of reviewers say the movie is generally very good, but they also didn't hesitate to point out what they felt were flaws. Those are the kind of reviews I take seriously.

scoob
07-22-2007, 07:18 PM
I like that review because he's honest about the fact hes not an avid fan of either Zombie or Halloween.
It was good to read from someone that just happened to go see it.

I think people going on about him for saying he fell asleep during the orignal or saying dead animals or whatnot are just ignoring what he wrote, which was a decent review of a movie that he went to see.

The importance of his review to me means about as much as all the others. Zero.
Like everyone one else, Ill see it myself before I judge it. But it is nice to know the reaction of other people, especially people that are not fans.

wyatt s
07-22-2007, 07:27 PM
I like that review because he's honest about the fact hes not an avid fan of either Zombie or Halloween.

Yeah, his take is probably the take of the average viewer and as such is an important view.

I think people going on about him for saying he fell asleep during the orignal or saying dead animals or whatnot are just ignoring what he wrote, which was a decent review of a movie that he went to see.

To be honest, those people are just trying to discredit his take because they don't like it. Thus I take them less seriously than I do the reviewer even if I ultimately end up disagreeing with the review in the end.

scoob
07-22-2007, 07:37 PM
It did just seem the guy wanted to post his take on a movie he had the chance to see and before you know it, people are not even reading what he wrote.
They are just calling him a fake or whatever rubbish because the guy made a mistake on his writing and admitted to not loving Halloween 1.
I didnt love his review but I think it was the most credible one out of the bunch so far for the simple fact he didnt like Halloween 1.

Todd
07-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah, his take is probably the take of the average viewer and as such is an important view.
To be honest, those people are just trying to discredit his take because they don't like it. Thus I take them less seriously than I do the reviewer even if I ultimately end up disagreeing with the review in the end.
Based on some of the things that reviewer said, I don't think he and I would have the same taste in movies. Others have pointed out some flaws in the film and I'm not discounting their reviews. And I'm sorry, but the fact that this guy admits to having fallen asleep while watching the original Halloween is a legitimate reason for not putting too much stock in his review. It's not that he is wrong in his opinion, but not all people are going to see things the same way.

It did just seem the guy wanted to post his take on a movie he had the chance to see and before you know it, people are not even reading what he wrote.
They are just calling him a fake or whatever rubbish because the guy made a mistake on his writing and admitted to not loving Halloween 1.
I didnt love his review but I think it was the most credible one out of the bunch so far.
Who called him a fake?
I read everything the guy wrote and came to the conclusion that he and I probably wouldn't have much in common when it comes to what we like or dislike in movies. I don't see how his review is more credible than any of the others.

scoob
07-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Based on some of the things that reviewer said, I don't think he and I would have the same taste in movies. Others have pointed out some flaws in the film and I'm not discounting their reviews. And I'm sorry, but the fact that this guy admits to having fallen asleep while watching the original Halloween is a legitimate reason for not putting too much stock in his review. It's not that he is wrong in his opinion, but not all people are going to see things the same way.

I think its a refreshing take and just what we need.
Someone that has not seen the original, or in this guys case, fell asleep.
Thats the market this film is probably aiming at so his responce is interesting.
To me, anyway.

wyatt s
07-22-2007, 07:46 PM

You know, I highly doubt my taste in movies is the same as his, but that doesn't mean his review is invalid. It's just a different point of view. Because of that It's almost more objective in a lot of ways than some of the reviews from Halloween fans. Whether I ultimately agree or not is beside the point.

Gerry f'n D
07-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Hmm, I dunno, hmm.
Ok, how about a High Rise Hospital? Each floor is like a different level, you know first floor, pregnancies, second floor, muscle damage/rehab, floor three, burns unit etc etc. So basically like Michael Myers and Laurie battle it out on each level, but each level is filled with a different kind of danger. Sort of like Bruce Lee's Game of Death, if you will.

I couldn't see that working PG unless you wanted to go down the HR route & turn the series into something which it isn't.

Right now would be the perfect time to re-release H2, not even to add any new features, but a newer DVD, maybe change the cover. People might think they made a sequel already.

Do you honestly believe that someone would think that they have already made a sequal if they changed the cover considering that the new Halloween movie isn't even out yet?.

cheers

scoob
07-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Universal must make a fair ammount from their H2 and 3 releases as they do bring them out now and then. Of course, all have no extras apart from commentaries from horror critics. And a trailer.

I cant see Universal selling the rights ever. They dont need to.
As for that being a problem with a remake sequal, I dont know. How did Hills Have Eyes 2 do it? Same company?

Not for one second am I saying the new Halloween 2 would be a remake of the old Halloween II.
If there is a sequal then I think it would go off in a completly different angle, keeping the surviving cast and Myers, but I think the idea would be given to someone "hot" at the time.

Myers Insurance
07-22-2007, 08:37 PM
How did Hills Have Eyes 2 do it? Same company?

The original was called The Hills Have Eyes Part II while the new one was called HHE2. Also, the plots to the two films are completely different from what I understand.

scoob
07-22-2007, 09:04 PM
I dont think that would stop a lawsuit. As far as the marketing went, it was called The Hills Have Eyes 2 from what I remember all of a few months back.
Plot wise is debatable as both are pretty bad, although the original Part 2 has to be one of the worst horror ever made.

So I think whoever made or had the rights the original Part 2 probably were more then willing to give them away or ...

I dont even think it works that way.
A remake is an original peice in its own right so a sequal to that, is then different to anything by a previous name....or something like that. Im pretty sure it works in a way that if they wanted to do a sequal to Rob Zombies Halloween and wanted to call it Halloween 2, they could.
I wouldnt mind if it was even subtitled again.

God all this talk of remakes and now we are on to remaking part 2 remakes!

Myers Insurance
07-22-2007, 10:56 PM
The Hills Have Eyes Part II and The Hills Have Eyes 2 are similar, but still legally different, names.

The original HHEPII followed the survivors of the first, whereas THHE2 followed guards in the hills.

Lucifer
07-23-2007, 12:25 AM
and ive geard both are crap. I still havent got round to watching either of them though so i cant say personnaly .

Monte
07-23-2007, 12:42 AM
Do you honestly believe that someone would think that they have already made a sequal if they changed the cover considering that the new Halloween movie isn't even out yet?

You'd be amazed at how stupid a lot of people can be.

dbzguy
07-23-2007, 01:39 AM
I keep hearing that the shaky-cam technique is used alot in this movie. That bums me out because I seriously HATE that shaky-cam bullshit and its used alot in movies these days as the latest and greatest thing and IMO it just makes it hard to watch the damn movie....

I am hoping that it isnt over used here but I have a feeling I am not gonna be stoked on that...

Also a quick question: This is supposed to take place in 1992 ?

Khan
07-23-2007, 04:31 AM

The importance of his review to me means about as much as all the others. Zero.
Like everyone one else, Ill see it myself before I judge it. But it is nice to know the reaction of other people, especially people that are not fans.

That is how I feel.

The original was called The Hills Have Eyes Part II while the new one was called HHE2. Also, the plots to the two films are completely different from what I understand.

Exactly.

There was no connection to the original Part 2, so it just became a sequal to a remake and not an actual remake of Part 2.

They were well within their legal rights to make the movie.

I cant see Universal selling the rights ever. They dont need to.

They know they can make money from the movie, so I agree that they don't need to sell the rights.

krustytheklown
07-23-2007, 05:15 AM
we just have to accept the fact that some people just dont like the original halloween. its crazy, but to todays audiences it just plays too slow, and especially young people today can see the scares coming a mile away. as for test screenings, i say dump getting a random cross section of idiots. go for the tough but well informed skeptics at aintitcoolnews.com. they have been skeptical from the beginning, but are certainly hoping to be proven wrong. set them down in a theater and let them honestly point out what works and what doesnt, and go from there. your odds of fucking up the movie go down dramatically from there.

InTheDeep2007
07-23-2007, 06:44 AM
That's true!

Psych0ticNemes1s
07-23-2007, 06:54 AM
referring to an above post, i hope this movie does not over-use the shakey-camera style either... It makes the movie harder to watch and it is NOT any scarier IMO.

shoe1985
07-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Do you honestly believe that someone would think that they have already made a sequal if they changed the cover considering that the new Halloween movie isn't even out yet?.

cheers

Monte said pretty much what I was going to say. There are some very stupid people out there.

As for that post about the one guy not liking the first one. These are the people Dimension Films is looking for. They know the fans will see the movie, even if they hate the remake idea. They need to grab the average movie fan to go too. Maybe we won't agree with the person who wrote the review about the first one, but who cares? There many people who didn't like it, yet it is one of the most well known, positive rated, horror movies of all time.

Todd
07-23-2007, 07:36 AM
I think its a refreshing take and just what we need.
Someone that has not seen the original, or in this guys case, fell asleep.
Thats the market this film is probably aiming at so his responce is interesting.
To me, anyway.
I don't think they are marketing this movie to people who didn't care for John Carpenters version. I'd wager that 70-80% of the people who go to this movie have also seen the original and liked it. True, they don't think people like us will make up the bulk of ticket sales, but I'm certain that they are counting on the popularity of the original to be a big draw.

You know, I highly doubt my taste in movies is the same as his, but that doesn't mean his review is invalid. It's just a different point of view. Because of that It's almost more objective in a lot of ways than some of the reviews from Halloween fans. Whether I ultimately agree or not is beside the point.
His review is invalid to me specifically in the sense that it's hard to believe that he and I would share the same opinion. In terms of how many casual fans would agree with his assessment, that obviously remains to be seen. Like I said before, horror movies aren't everyones cup of tea and RZ's style of film making isn't either.

Gerry f'n D
07-23-2007, 09:31 AM
You'd be amazed at how stupid a lot of people can be.

I would be amazed that if HII was re-released with a different cover people would think that it was a remake of the original HII.Considering that the new Halloween movie hasn't been released yet.I just don't see that happining.

Plus in my opinion they can hardly be stupid to think that if they are not a fan of the series.It would seem only stupid to us because we are fans of the series.

cheers

Khan
07-23-2007, 09:37 AM
People can be pretty stupid, so maybe a few people who share their IQ with Paris Hilton would think that.

krustytheklown
07-23-2007, 11:36 AM
just saw the trailer online for trick r' treat. damn, that looks sweeet. now i have two halloween related movies to look forward to.

Myers Insurance
07-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Trick 'R Treat got postponed til next year didn't it?

Khan
07-23-2007, 12:33 PM
It appears that the movie will be released on schedule.

PG Soul
07-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Trick r Treat and Halloween are set to be released in the same week October 2007 over here in the UK.

Khan
07-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Lucky!

The Frightmaster
07-23-2007, 02:02 PM
I saw RZ's halloween poster at the mall this saturday. I went down to the theater and there it was. That's one of the reason's I wanted to go to the mall, just so I could see the poster on the wall. I started at the beginning and was walking down the line of coming soon posters and one after another I didn't see it. I didn't think it was hung up yet and then the choir of angels starting singing and their it was the very last one. I was so excited.

Khan
07-23-2007, 02:14 PM
I saw RZ's halloween poster at the mall this saturday. I went down to the theater and there it was. That's one of the reason's I wanted to go to the mall, just so I could see the poster on the wall. I started at the beginning and was walking down the line of coming soon posters and one after another I didn't see it. I didn't think it was hung up yet and then the choir of angels starting singing and their it was the very last one. I was so excited.

:roflmao:

shoe1985
07-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Trick 'R Treat got postponed til next year didn't it?

There was a rumor it was pushed back, but it seems like it was just a rumor.

MyersFan75
07-23-2007, 07:45 PM
I didn't think it was hung up yet and then the choir of angels starting singing and their it was the very last one. I was so excited.

Dude, I can totally relate to that feeling. There is nothing better than seeing a Halloween poster hanging on a cinema wall.

WhiteZombie
07-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Dude, I can totally relate to that feeling. There is nothing better than seeing a Halloween poster hanging on a cinema wall.

Yeah. It really gets me pumped

Shamrock-Robot
07-23-2007, 10:19 PM
I havent been to my local theater in a while so I dont know if they have the Halloween poster up yet or not, But Im still pumped.

Lucifer
07-23-2007, 11:31 PM
Havent seen any posters up here yet

ghettomyers
07-24-2007, 12:00 AM
the official website has been upated some

Khan
07-24-2007, 03:46 AM
I havent been to my local theater in a while so I dont know if they have the Halloween poster up yet or not, But Im still pumped.

The last movie I saw in theaters was 300.

Shamrock-Robot
07-24-2007, 04:59 AM
The last one I saw in theaters was Hostel II.

Psych0ticNemes1s
07-24-2007, 05:02 AM
Seeing a Halloween poster up in a theatre would be exciting and i'm glad i'll be able to witness it for possibly the last time...

Khan
07-24-2007, 05:24 AM
The next time I am in the theater will probably be for Halloween.

Shamrock-Robot
07-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Yeah Halloween will most likely be the next thing I see in theaters too, Theres nothing else coming out that Im interested in before then.

Myers Insurance
07-24-2007, 07:27 AM
I usually see a movie once every month or two. I want to see IKWKM this month and then Halloween the next month.

Shamrock-Robot
07-24-2007, 07:38 AM
IKWM actually looks decent but I wouldnt want to spend money on it and it turn out to be bad, So I will wait till I see some reviews before I decide to spend some money on that one.

InTheDeep2007
07-24-2007, 08:43 AM
At the theaters near me, they don't hang up the movie posters TILL the day they show the movie

Myers Insurance
07-24-2007, 08:43 AM
I'll probably see it the first week of August and then Halloween the first week of September. The only movies we actually see on opening weekend are Saw. Though I do want to see Halloween opening weekend.

Psych0ticNemes1s
07-24-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm debating about whether or not to watch the original beforehand but i will definately go see the new Simpson's movie...

Monte
07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm debating about whether or not to watch the original beforehand but i will definately go see the new Simpson's movie...

One of the more random statements I've seen on here.

Khan
07-24-2007, 03:07 PM
I very rarely go opening weekend.

The only time I did that is for 300.

Gringo Loco
07-24-2007, 03:30 PM
I think it's essential to see movies on the opening weekend. You get to experience what kind of movie the rest of the world will see and judge for yourself it it is bomb material. That's just my opinion though.

Coincidentally, the last movie I did not go see opening week was 300. I know you said opening weekend but I think movies like The Transformers movie should be included even though they open on wednesday. (or in the case of Transformers, tuesday.)

Patrick1679
07-24-2007, 04:36 PM
I plan on watching JC's HALLOWEEN the night before I see RZ's Halloween.

I'm not sure if I want to see the first screening of the day? Just because it's daylight. There's something about seeing a horror movie at night.

The problem is i'm not sure I can wait!

MMyers89
07-24-2007, 05:20 PM
In the movie theater, you can't tell if it's night or day anyways.

Shamrock Silver
07-24-2007, 05:20 PM
The release date works well for me - there are so many things out I want to see leading up to RZH.
1.) Harry Potter
2.) Bourne Ultimatum
3.) that movie with Michelle Pfeifer where she is a witch
4.) still might try to check out Transformers while still in theaters
5.) Sicko

I'll see at least two of these films and then it will be time for RZ's Halloween, which I will definitely see opening day but early in the morning so there will be limited distractions/noise/kids etc.

Todd
07-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Does anyone know why the teaser trailer has been removed from yahoo?

MMyers89
07-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Because it's obviously evil.

Chaosboy
07-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know why the teaser trailer has been removed from yahoo?

too scary