PDA

View Full Version : HallOWEEn IN Australia....

dakiller
07-15-2007, 11:25 PM
wen does halloween come out in australia?? if not sure as of yet wen u find out can u please share :D i cant bloody wait 4 it :D been waiting so long for it mwahah

boogeyman87
07-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Apparently these are the only listed release dates so far,

USA 31 August 2007
UK 19 October 2007
Netherlands 25 October 2007
Belgium 31 October 2007
Argentina 1 November 2007
France 30 January 2008

Psych0ticNemes1s
07-16-2007, 04:18 AM

USA 31 August 2007
UK 19 October 2007
Belgium 31 October 2007
France 30 January 2008

i wonder why they would release it after Halloween... i guess it doesn't much matter in those countries

Khan
07-16-2007, 04:34 AM
Belgium gets a nice release date at least.

dakiller
07-16-2007, 05:56 AM

USA 31 August 2007
UK 19 October 2007
Belgium 31 October 2007
France 30 January 2008

lol. i dont think i can wait as long as france. 30 jan. u gota b joking. thats shoking. i dont think i can wait even til november lol. i want 2 c it on halloween. grr. y the f*ck hasnt australia made arragment yet. (ps if u no the answer i dont care ahaa let me enjoy my anger at them :P)

Monte
07-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Will this movie still be called "Halloween" in countries that don't celebrate Halloween? Or will it be released in Japan as something like "Crazy Captain Kirk Mask Stab Night"?

Khan
07-16-2007, 11:26 AM
:roflmao:

That just made me laugh out loud.

Todd
07-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Will this movie still be called "Halloween" in countries that don't celebrate Halloween? Or will it be released in Japan as something like "Crazy Captain Kirk Mask Stab Night"?
:sideroll:

TommyDoyle2
08-02-2007, 08:07 AM
As an aussie myself (Melbourne boy to boot) I'm beside myself with anticipation.

H20 and H8 made it to the cinema here, though 5 and 6 were DTV. But, lets remember, H20 and H8 both had Curtis top billed, so no way they'd bypass the theatre. Rob's as popular here as anywhere, and so is McDowell, so I'm confident on a decent release. Was House of 1000 corpses and TDR released in the cinema here? I can't really remember.

I'll catch a goddamned plane to Belgium if I have to.

dakiller
08-02-2007, 05:22 PM
wots got me worried on yahoo(aussie version) it doesnt even have it down. not in the coming soon section. nothing. i got some movies coming out in 2008 written down but not yet for halloween. im not gona wait till end of the year lol. they making me nervous

TommyDoyle2
08-02-2007, 05:42 PM
wots got me worried on yahoo(aussie version) it doesnt even have it down. not in the coming soon section. nothing. i got some movies coming out in 2008 written down but not yet for halloween. im not gona wait till end of the year lol. they making me nervous

I remember Beat magazine covering both Devils Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses, so I'm sure we'll be hearing something soon. From what I know, the metal/industrial culture here in Melbourne are hyped, as it's a RZ pic. I'm confident. I was at Minotaur comics the other day, and the staff are all hyped for it. The release might be indie though, in cinemas like the Dendy and at the Astor theatre. Don't care. I WANT MICHAEL DAMN IT, and I'll be pissed if they neglect RZ's Halloween just because it doesn't feature JLC. And if they do, well it looks like an illegal download until the official DVD release then.

dakiller
09-03-2007, 04:44 PM
hmm. still nufing in australia. or maybe i just cant find it :S and i realy dont want 2 c it with a pirated copy coz i want 2 c it in cinemas :( maybe i dont no were to look lol. does any1 no the realease date in australia?? i cant find it :(

JasonLives
09-04-2007, 03:23 AM
Yes! Australia better pick this film up, I'm worried that it will be DTV and I want to see this in theatre's. I'm getting very impatient! :argh:

Dusk
09-04-2007, 03:44 AM
Australia sucks ass when it comes to release dates of both films and video games. It'd be a miracle if it's even out before the end of the year. It's stupid - they're good at getting the SAW movies out around the same time as the yanks, but on anything that isn't a major property, they drop the ball (and make no mistake, Halloween ain't no major property down under, with a few entries having been DTV thus lessening the pop cultural impact).

dakiller
09-11-2007, 11:45 PM
i emailed village roadshow n here is there repl

In regards to your query, 'Halloween' is due for release in Australian
cinemas on 6th December 2007. Please note that this release date is
subject to change at the discretion of the film's distributor. Please
keep an eye on the Village Cinemas website for further information
regarding the film's release.

madmax4000
09-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Fuckin HELL DECEMBER 6TH DECEMBER 6TH DECEMBER 6TH I CANT BELIEVE THAT FUCKIN LONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SORRY IM PISSED OF NOW :)

hOTKILLERsuNday
09-12-2007, 01:15 AM
Well on a different not Halloween is supposed to be coming out here in the UK on September 28th. I was hoping for Oct 19th so I could see it opening night and on Halloween but now it looks like its out in just under three weeks. I don't see the film lasting very long over here so it probably wont be in cinemas come Halloween which sucks. Especially since that high and mighty bitch of a film Saw 4 is out. F**K DISRIBUTERS! Also why the hell is Paramont distrubuting this in the UK? When its a Dimesion film that MGM has a peice of?

Sucks having to wait that long dude.

kooshdidude
09-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Well on a different not Halloween is supposed to be coming out here in the UK on September 28th. I was hoping for Oct 19th so I could see it opening night and on Halloween but now it looks like its out in just under three weeks. I don't see the film lasting very long over here so it probably wont be in cinemas come Halloween which sucks. Especially since that high and mighty bitch of a film Saw 4 is out. F**K DISRIBUTERS! Also why the hell is Paramont distrubuting this in the UK? When its a Simesion film that MGM has a peice of?

Sucks having to wait that long dude.

Yeah the reason the UK release date has been moved (if it actually has??!) is probably because of Saw 4 tbh. I agree that Halloween propbably wont do that well over here, whereas Saw 4 will.. they probs dont want them both in cinemas at the same time.. I'm glad if it has been moved... i cant wait to see it haha! :D

EDIT: Ok the uk release date is 28th September it says on the Uk version of the website lol:

http://www.paramountpictures.co.uk/halloween/

JasonLives
09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
December 6th :crying: ... well at least my mind is at rest now. Now we play the waiting game ... :dunno:

Chris_Sydney
09-16-2007, 12:13 AM
I can cope with December 6th! I was worried for a minute there that it wouldn't be released here at all. Roll on December, I say...

x

Lewi
09-16-2007, 12:30 AM
So glad to hear it. I missed the relaes date in Canada by one day (yes I hear you I'm an idiot) so I wouldn't be back to work late. I would be "spewing" if there was no cinema release in Oz.

madmax4000
10-08-2007, 03:42 AM
I Think The Official Date Is November 22nd WHOPPPEEEEE

Reaper43
10-08-2007, 10:37 AM
At least it's not as long as France's...

madmax4000
10-08-2007, 08:28 PM
True Frances Is In Like January Lol Owned

Chris_Sydney
11-19-2007, 01:43 AM
It's this week, guys! I'm surprised I've been able to wait this long without resorting to illegal means of seeing it, haha.

x

projectaero
11-19-2007, 02:49 AM
This coming thursday the 22nd.
I seen Halloween H20 at the pictures, workprint of H8 as i couldnt wait 8 months for the release in oz and Halloween RZ thursday.

Should be great!

Chris_Sydney
11-19-2007, 06:32 PM
This will be the first 'Halloween' film I've seen in the cinemas, so for that reason alone it will be special. I intend on seeing it a few times, unless it's total crap - haha.

x

St. Brett
11-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Yer, we're getting fucked in the ass with no lube in Australia when it's come to this new Halloween flick.

I'm starting to lose interest if it doesn't get here quick smart.

I saw 30 days of night yesterday and it's fucking stupid.

Some mother fuckers already have the new Halloween movie on the black market with pirate copies here in Oz.

And by the looks of it it's already coming out on DVD in the U.S.

December the 6th for Australia eh?
That'd make it fucking christmas time!

Who wants to watch gloomy child killers hacking their sister up in Christmas?
Why didn't they release 'round Halloween?
Even in the U.S. it was released a month before Halloween. Why not on Halloween?
I want to be full of Christmas cheer in December not fantasizing about stabbing twits.

Lewi
11-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Attended the opening day session. 1st through the door at the 9:10pm screening. For me this is the best Halloween to date. Outstanding RZ.

projectaero
11-23-2007, 02:34 AM
i seen it today will post review later but yer loved it.
shits on h20 and h8

PatientX
12-09-2007, 12:20 AM
I haven't even seen one TV ad for this film being released! I didn't even realise it was out until I was flicking through the newspaper. Why haven't they been promoting here?
Anyways I went to a midnight session last night/morning. I'm just happy it actually made it here to cinema

Pasabi
12-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Usually the dvd rights are sold to different distributors for the film and tv in other countries like Austraila and they chose not to spend alot on advertising for this film.