06-29-2007, 01:44 PM
from here:

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=11544

PG Soul
06-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Charlie Bowles and Tommy Cobbles.

MM41
06-29-2007, 02:37 PM
About 2 more months left, but I can wait now because Im going to europe for 6 weeks :D so..When I come back RZ's HALL0WEEN will be waiting for me at the theatres!!!

Khan
06-29-2007, 03:05 PM
About 2 more months left, but I can wait now because Im going to europe for 6 weeks :D so..When I come back RZ's HALL0WEEN will be waiting for me at the theatres!!!

It will be in far less theaters at that point, possibly in the cheap ones.

EDIT:

Oops!

MM41
06-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Im coming back 10 days before it even comes out, the 21st lol so..it wont even be in theatres haha! Im just saying a 10 day wait is better than a 2 month wait..ill be very occupied in europe.

Khan
06-29-2007, 03:27 PM
My bad.

I misread your post.

One thing I learned from Box Office Mojo is that even in the second or third week, the theater count can be slashed by 500 or so.

mannylb88
06-29-2007, 04:30 PM
i have a feeling this movie is going to be one hell of a ride. i just wished they would finally come out with the theatrical trailer already... even if the teaser was the most packed i've ever seen.

Chaosboy
06-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Oh you are gonna be in for a treat......a trick or treat!!!!....please be treat please be treat!!!!

Shamrock Silver
06-29-2007, 07:31 PM
I like the release date of Aug. 31st. I plan on hitting the Jersey Shore and the mountains here and there during the summer. And when the end of the summer hits, it won't be too much of a bummer because the movie I've got major wood for will be out.

Shamrock Silver
06-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Yo, I saw the other post where they list the cast of the new film.
But who the hell is going to play the role of Lester?

"Lester's barking again and getting on my nerves again!"

Bwaa ha ha ha. That was the best line in the original film.

Khan
06-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Maybe there is a dog from TDR that can get the part...

wyatt s
06-29-2007, 07:39 PM
nope, they're using the rotting pigs head that hangs over the firefly farm.

Chaosboy
06-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Yo, I saw the other post where they list the cast of the new film.
But who the hell is going to play the role of Lester?

"Lester's barking again and getting on my nerves again!"

Bwaa ha ha ha. That was the best line in the original film.

I believe the role is being played by Lassie #13 ( you know...the one that mauled lil' Timmy ):violin:

ghettomyers
06-29-2007, 08:12 PM
u are mistaken my firend, i heard that it was Cujo's son's, ex-cousin;s, babydaddy's, uncle's, sister twice removed who got the part.

mannylb88
06-29-2007, 08:14 PM
casting that part is going to be a real bitch...........LOL.

Chaosboy
06-29-2007, 08:26 PM
u are mistaken my firend, i heard that it was Cujo's son's, ex-cousin;s, babydaddy's, uncle's, sister twice removed who got the part.

Oh jeez!!! You're right!!.....Lassie #13 is in the new Tom Cruise film (she plays his abusive mother) apoligies to all :banana:

benluvin
06-29-2007, 09:00 PM
casting that part is going to be a real bitch...........LOL.

I got a ex-gf who could play the part real well.......:p

Frazetta
06-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I got a ex-gf who could play the part real well.......:p All ex-girlfriends play that part well lol. Hell, I bet Todd would turn into Bobby DeNiro playing that part.....just because it comes so naturally to him!

hOTKILLERsuNday
06-30-2007, 02:18 AM
Some crazy new Intel came into B-D this morning as we've been informed that Rob Zombie has been hard at work filming new material for his remake of Halloween, which is slated for release on August 31. Today ended seven straight days of grueling filming around the Los Angeles area, which included the addition of six, count 'em, six new death sequences! The film has been given a serious boost in violence, gore and bloodshed... but that's not the big news - we received word that an entire new finale has been shot. Details are mum on what is different, but we're told the new ending is quite gruesome!! Watch for the return of Michael Myers in classic fashion in only two months. Click the title above for more news, pics, the trailer and poster.

I don't know wether to be excited or worried. Anyone know the exact ending that was show at the preview screening?

Well guys and dolls get ready for even more Fan DVD's! Halloween (2007) Workprint cut, Directors Cut, Uncut, Extended Cut, TV version, Producers cut, Rough Cut, Lighting Assistants Cut, etc etc!

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-30-2007, 04:03 AM
Some crazy new Intel came into B-D this morning as we've been informed that Rob Zombie has been hard at work filming new material for his remake of Halloween, which is slated for release on August 31. Today ended seven straight days of grueling filming around the Los Angeles area, which included the addition of six, count 'em, six new death sequences! The film has been given a serious boost in violence, gore and bloodshed... but that's not the big news - we received word that an entire new finale has been shot. Details are mum on what is different, but we're told the new ending is quite gruesome!! Watch for the return of Michael Myers in classic fashion in only two months. Click the title above for more news, pics, the trailer and poster.

I don't know wether to be excited or worried. Anyone know the exact ending that was show at the preview screening?

Well guys and dolls get ready for even more Fan DVD's! Halloween (2007) Workprint cut, Directors Cut, Uncut, Extended Cut, TV version, Producers cut, Rough Cut, Lighting Assistants Cut, etc etc!
Seems like now, they're trying to get an NC-17. :crazy:

Unless this report is bullshit, of course.

Roswell
06-30-2007, 04:47 AM
It's B-D.com, so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Monte
06-30-2007, 05:44 AM
That report sounds really, really fishy. It reeks of someone submitting phony information to make the production sound like it's in trouble. Or maybe it's Zombie himself having a bit of fun with us. I could be completely wrong, and if I am I'll be the first to admit it, but that article just doesn't sound right to me.

samhain51
06-30-2007, 05:46 AM
I want some gore but not too much!!! Its Halloween Not Friday the thirteenth!

Todd
06-30-2007, 07:01 AM
All ex-girlfriends play that part well lol. Hell, I bet Todd would turn into Bobby DeNiro playing that part.....just because it comes so naturally to him!
I'd be good at playing a bitch because I deal with people like that all the time.
Your mother, sister, and girlfriend, for instance. They can get quite bitchy if they think I didn't give them their fair share of the take after I pimp them out.
But I digress.
For those who are complaining about Rob using actors from his previous movies in bit parts for his version of Halloween, I guess you're running out of material. Carpenter used a lot of the same actors in several of his films from the eighties, (in lead roles, no less), and that turned out pretty well.

Khan
06-30-2007, 07:06 AM
I have a hard time believing that report.

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-30-2007, 07:12 AM
I have a hard time believing that report.
Ditto. All the official news we have is stating that Rob shot pick-ups for a few days...no mention of new death scenes or reshooting the ending...and this is the first time I've heard the word "grueling" used to describe production on this film. From what I've heard, evenly recently, nothing has been "grueling" on the set.

MM41
06-30-2007, 07:21 AM
I doubt that report is real. It sounds bogus, and I doubt that Rob would add more gore, and blood, and even more deaths. There is already alot of deaths.

Todd
06-30-2007, 07:24 AM

If it smells like bullshit, it probably is.
The only reason I can think that they would film a new ending is if the original made it too obvious that Michael was dead. Something like that could get in the way of a sequel, after all.
Then again, maybe Rob thought that getting an R rating had been too easy, so he's trying see how far he can push the envelope before getting an NC-17.
He could always cut some of the new stuff out if the MPAA wag their fingers at him. In this day of directors cuts and unrated versions of dvd's, it could also be possible that Rob is adding some things for the dvd release alone, couldn't it? I don't know as much about the movie making process as some, so this is just speculation on my part.

hOTKILLERsuNday
06-30-2007, 07:40 AM
And yet if the Man In Black had posted this you would all believe it!

Im not saying its true or not but Bloody-Disgusting often get good scoops. I mean they annouced Sid Hag was in it so why does this have to be bull?

Monte
06-30-2007, 08:02 AM
I mean they annouced Sid Hag was in it so why does this have to be bull?

Because it's not consistent with what we've heard about the film up to this point. The production has apparently been remarkably smooth and unproblematic. Now all of a sudden there needs to be massive reshoots? If there were big enough issues to warrant such extreme changes, I would think we would have heard about it long before now. Again, it could very well be true, but for now it just doesn't fit together to me.

Khan
06-30-2007, 08:03 AM
I take reports from the horror sites with a grain of salt.

Shamrock Silver
06-30-2007, 08:29 AM
I hope there will be a scene in RZ's Halloween very similar to the one in Borat, where Borat wrestles naked with a fat man. Perhaps this will be how Michael escapes from Smith's Grove, by overpowering a naked obese man in an intense, 10-minute slap-fight.

Man In Black
06-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Apprently this is true. Well, I'm not sure if the "adding gore" thing is true (although I'm sure if MM kills anyone else they probably will bleed and stuff), but the six days shooting is correct (I thought it was three days, but that was just what Scout was working).

Khan
06-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Oh well, I was expecting it.

mr32
06-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Will these shoots prove to be good or bad that is the question?

wyatt s
06-30-2007, 08:47 AM
hmm, bunch of re-shoots...still pretty certain it's just pick ups and the like, but I will admit that I'm starting to get a bit nervous about it. It does seem odd to me that they'd submit the film for a rating and then go out and film a bunch of shit.

Like I said pretty sure it's pick ups, but could potentialy be bad.

mr32
06-30-2007, 08:50 AM
hmm, bunch of re-shoots...still pretty certain it's just pick ups and the like, but I will admit that I'm starting to get a bit nervous about it. It does seem odd to me that they'd submit the film for a rating and then go out and film a bunch of shit.

But all we can do is hope for the best.

Khan
06-30-2007, 08:51 AM

Maybe the B-D report is exaggerated in it's wording.

wyatt s
06-30-2007, 08:56 AM
I would certainly hope, and have a feeling it is, exaggerated. I guess we'll all know exactly what's going on the next time Scout does an interview.

Khan
06-30-2007, 09:53 AM
I would certainly hope, and have a feeling it is, exaggerated. I guess we'll all know exactly what's going on the next time Scout does an interview.

:laugh:

I bet she will spoil the new ending as well!

Monte
06-30-2007, 10:05 AM
we received word that an entire new finale has been shot.

If it involves Michael's mask lying on a floor and the sound of Malcolm McDowell screaming, it's time to give up.

scoob
06-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Maybe these added death scenes are just touching up some of the ones already filmed?

ALDO
06-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Maybe these added death scenes are just touching up some of the ones already filmed?

Rob decided he couldn't do without an exploding head death scene.

scoob
06-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Rob decided he couldn't do without an exploding head death scene.

lol
Surely the staple of any good horror movie.

nwiser
06-30-2007, 10:43 AM

Eh...maybe they're trying to squeeze in even more cameos, and a loophole ending the studio can use to make the sequels more plausible.

ghettomyers
06-30-2007, 11:07 AM
i dont give a damn wat the reshoot.........i jus wanna see the shit.

HEcamehome
06-30-2007, 11:13 AM
I think its bullshit. Zombie has stated that a "bloodbath does not interest him" and that it does not fit into context with the film. The film will most likely feature a lot more blood than the original (since the original barely had any blood at all) but nothing over the top.

If there were any reshots at all, it was probablly because maybe (just an example) that a cameraman could be seen in a reflection of a mirror or there might be a continuity error or something like that. Its probablly too late to make any "big" changes since the film has been completed and was most most definately shown to Dimension a long time ago now. And due to the "seven grueling days of reshooting", wouldn't the release date be pushed back a little?

Worthystevens
06-30-2007, 11:18 AM

That has the stench of the Weinsteins all over it.

SLAB
06-30-2007, 11:24 AM
That has the stench of the Weinsteins all over it.

Possibly, since from what I have heard they're firm advocates of test screenings. If they didn't like the feedback from the one just passed, they may have asked for something more. What that may be and whether RZ provides it remans to be seen.

Khan
06-30-2007, 11:31 AM
The Weinsteins could very well be behind this.

Eh...maybe they're trying to squeeze in even more cameos, and a loophole ending the studio can use to make the sequels more plausible.

They may have ordered him to film a wide open ending.

Roswell
06-30-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm hoping Rob gives us an update like he's been doing as of late.

Khan
06-30-2007, 12:09 PM
He seems to respond to things fast, so he probably will.

If this is indeed Dimension calling the shots, then it proves that Rob doesn't have total control.

mannylb88
06-30-2007, 12:58 PM
i think that the reshoot is probably just fixing a few mistakes made while they were originally filming. it just doesn't sound right that Rob out of no where decides to turn this movie into Dead Alive.

Phatboy41
06-30-2007, 01:09 PM
I was hoping that he was shooting scenes that added more suspense... that may just be wishful thinking though.

Monte
06-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Hope he didn't get fed up and say, "Fuck it all, give me firehose blasts of red karo syrup!"

You'd think if there was studio interference going on it'd be to tone down the movie, considering how the "extreme horror" subgenre is dying a sad, pitiful death.

Khan
06-30-2007, 02:28 PM
I was hoping that he was shooting scenes that added more suspense... that may just be wishful thinking though.

All he (or the studio) want to do is make a gorefest.

i think that the reshoot is probably just fixing a few mistakes made while they were originally filming. it just doesn't sound right that Rob out of no where decides to turn this movie into Dead Alive.

No movie can beat Dead Alive in the gore department, but Rob or the studio seem to want it that way.

mannylb88
06-30-2007, 02:34 PM
thats because Dead Alive is the funniest most disgusting thing ever transfered onto celluloid in the history of the universe.

they could film two horses with hard ons super soaking themselves with blood, and it wouldn't be gorier than Dead Alive.

i don't think that this movie will be worse than a Freddy VS Jason or a Jason X. this movie will have a touch of class.

ghettomyers
06-30-2007, 02:37 PM
it will be realistic

Khan
06-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Dead Alive is one of my favourite movies because of how over-the-top if goes in the gore department.

It is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

Hopefully this is better then a crappy New Line Jason movie, but any "class" has probably gone out the window with these additional gore scenes.

mannylb88
06-30-2007, 02:45 PM
well, you're kinda jumping to conclusions a little bit. we still have no idea of what the reshoots were about other than what was said on B-D. i'll give them credit, they were right about the reshoots, but there is still more to be learned.

i'm not making any assumptions toward what the reshoots were about until i hear some definate word. i'm merely hoping that the good fortune of happy news makes itself a recurring element when it comes to this movie.

Todd 78
06-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I am starting to get a bit worried , 6 more death addes = more deaths than the original film. It is starting to look like the test screening went bad, so Zombie is throwing the kitchen sink in there

Khan
06-30-2007, 02:50 PM
It may not be Zombie doing all of this.

As I have stated repeatedly, Rob does NOT control the studio, so he likely doesn't get final say as to what the final product will look like.

Todd 78
06-30-2007, 03:03 PM
It may not be Zombie doing all of this.

As I have stated repeatedly, Rob does NOT control the studio, so he likely doesn't get final say as to what the final product will look like.

He should quit than

Khan
06-30-2007, 03:11 PM
That is the way of things if you work for Dimension or if your name isn't Spielberg, Lucas or Gibson.

Todd
06-30-2007, 03:24 PM
All he (or the studio) want to do is make a gorefest.

What gives you that idea?
The man has said he didn't intend to do that.
Of course there will be more blood in this one than in the original, but Zombie is going for a more realistic movie. There was hardly any blood in Carpenters version, which was fine, but also unrealistic. If you go around killing people with a butcher knife, you're probably going to get a little messy. Unless there are eyeballs popping or entrails dangling, it won't be fair to label this movie a "gorefest".

MyersFan75
06-30-2007, 03:38 PM
What gives you that idea?
The man has said he didn't intend to do that.
Of course there will be more blood in this one than in the original, but Zombie is going for a more realistic movie. There was hardly any blood in Carpenters version, which was fine, but also unrealistic. If you go around killing people with a butcher knife, you're probably going to get a little messy. Unless there are eyeballs popping or entrails dangling, it won't be fair to label this movie a "gorefest".

IDK, Todd.

Yes, he did say he was going for a realistic approach, but have you seen some of those pictures? Look at the one with Cynthia (presumably) laying dead on the couch. Now look at the far wall behind Myers; the wall is covered in streaks of blood.

I guess we'll have to wait and find out. There are so many things that give me hope for this film and then again there are so many other things that lower my expectations. I just hope it's solid. (I'm thinking it will be).

Khan
06-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Because they shot six more "insanely" gory death scenes and a gory new ending.

Todd
06-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Because they shot six more "insanely" gory death scenes and a gory new ending.
Where did you hear this?

Khan
06-30-2007, 03:43 PM
You didn't read the news on Bloody Disgusting?

It is a few pages back in this thread.

mcilroga
06-30-2007, 03:44 PM
No movie can beat Dead Alive in the gore department

Sure one could... it's called Mermaid In A Manhole. ;)

Khan
06-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Sure one could... it's called August Underground's Mordem. ;)

I have heard of that, but it didn't appeal to me.

Murder-Set-Pieces (the uncut version) is apparently also pretty gory.

mcilroga
06-30-2007, 03:48 PM
I have heard of that, but it didn't appeal to me.

Murder-Set-Pieces (the uncut version) is apparently also pretty gory.

I edited my post... with a little more well-known a film.

Murder-Set-Pieces I've heard of... it's actually blacklisted at B-D.

Khan
06-30-2007, 03:50 PM
I edited my post... with a little more well-known a film.

Murder-Set-Pieces I've heard of... it's actually blacklisted at B-D.

When Lion's Gate released the R-rated cut of MSP, 23 minutes were cut from the movie.

I have also heard of Mermaid In A Manhole.

To me, it depends on the context and tone of the gore.

Shamrock Silver
06-30-2007, 03:52 PM
From the previews, it looks like Danielle Harris gets chased around in the nude.
Are we going to see her cans or what?
Did anyone think to ask that when they submitted questions for that online interview?

Todd
You didn't read the news on Bloody Disgusting?

It is a few pages back in this thread.
Has it been confirmed, though?
BD is more reliable than the imdb, but do we know that they have all of their facts straight here?

Khan
From the previews, it looks like Danielle Harris gets chased around in the nude.
Are we going to see her cans or what?
Did anyone think to ask that when they submitted questions for that online interview?

Danielle has stated that she does topless work in it.

Has it been confirmed, though?
BD is more reliable than the imdb, but do we know that they have all of their facts straight here?

Man In Black said it was probably true, but Rob hasn't addressed it on his Myspace blog.

Todd
06-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Man In Black said it was probably true, but Rob hasn't addressed it on his Myspace blog.
Thanks.
That is some weird news, if it's all true.
Six more deaths added to those we already knew about???
Sometimes more is less.

Khan
06-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks.
That is some weird news, if it's all true.
Six more deaths added to those we already knew about???
Sometimes more is less.

Rob had said that he wasn't interested in making a gorefest, and then we hear from a test screening that the movie is very gory and then they are adding more gore!

This is weird news indeed.

They got an R-rating with one version, but a new one with "insane" amounts of gore will be a different story.

Franchise
06-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Well, most of the time, directors go overboard with gore to see what they can get away with. Perhaps he thought he couldn't get away with as much because of the name Rob Zombie. So, he's gone back to shoot 6 more deaths. As for them being more gory, that's not even mentioned in the article.

The Clash
06-30-2007, 04:37 PM
i cant wait to see Danielle Harris's character to get killed again!

Khan
06-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Well, most of the time, directors go overboard with gore to see what they can get away with. Perhaps he thought he couldn't get away with as much because of the name Rob Zombie. So, he's gone back to shoot 6 more deaths. As for them being more gory, that's not even mentioned in the article.

Hopefully, it is just journalistic sensationalism.

SicDarko
06-30-2007, 05:39 PM
If it's a choice between clown music as the cops theme songs as they walk down the street (H5) or the bloodiest movie I've ever seen..........I say push the limits Rob. Make it bloody as all hell!

Monte
06-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Frankly I'll take anything that isn't Halloween Resurrection.

Todd 78
06-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Frankly I'll take anything that isn't Halloween Resurrection.

Good Point

shoe1985
06-30-2007, 06:28 PM
i cant wait to see Danielle Harris's character to get killed again!

How do you know she gets killed, again?:bringit:

6 more deaths though. Wow, I don't know why the body count needs to go up anymore? It shouldn't be about the body count. Maybe Rob wants Michael to be more of a villain instead of someone we feel sorry for?

Khan
06-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey guys and gals, I am going to be on vacation until next Monday, so you won't see me on a lot. :)

Todd
06-30-2007, 07:09 PM
How do you know she gets killed, again?:bringit:

6 more deaths though. Wow, I don't know why the body count needs to go up anymore? It shouldn't be about the body count. Maybe Rob wants Michael to be more of a villain instead of someone we feel sorry for?
I'm thinking that Michael kills a bunch of cops in the final scene, since we've heard it was reshot and supposedy a lot gorrier than the orignal ending.

scoob
06-30-2007, 07:29 PM
I still think its either the new cast that gets done in, or just an exaggereated report on RZ adding to scenes, and nothing that special but has been made out to be.

If it is an extra 6 deaths, then wow. I really dont think that is needed, but hey, hes the boss. Unitl I see it, I wont judge. Or try not to.

Khan
06-30-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm thinking that Michael kills a bunch of cops in the final scene, since we've heard it was reshot and supposedy a lot gorrier than the orignal ending.

That would make sense.

Yes, I can't sleep.

wyatt s
06-30-2007, 08:10 PM
That would make sense.

It does make sense and I personally wouldn't have a problem if that's the case. Atleast I don't think I would. It depends how well it's executed

Yes, I can't sleep.

Why sleep when you have a perfectly good glowing computer screen to stare at?

Frazetta
06-30-2007, 09:23 PM
6 more gruesome death scenes seems like something of a stretch but if Zombie can fit it into the story than I'm fine with it. Todd's idea that Michael kills afew of Haddonfield's finest is probably the most logical idea he's ever came up with....except for that whole sex change thing afew years ago.

And I totally freaked at the movie theatre tonight when I saw the Halloween poster!

scoob
06-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Well if it betters the film, fine. But it doesnt make much sense why they sent it off to be approved if that was the final cut only to add in more material only to re-send it in again.
Shortly after the test screening, it seems a little bit of a coincidence these re-shoots were made since Rob was quoted as saying along the lines of " once the ending is done, its complete. You dont mess with it". Not his actual words or quote, but pretty much the point of it.

I beleive that re-shoots are a common thing after these damn test screenings and that is fine. But I cant beleive for the life of me, the reason to add in SIX extra killing scenes. I think that is a rumour that has gone out of control.

wyatt s
06-30-2007, 09:47 PM
That's what's bothering me about the whole situation. It doesn't make sense from an artistic stand point. It only seems to make sense from a studio stand point and that worries me quite a lot.

scoob
06-30-2007, 09:55 PM
It is, and I hope Rob will make this pretty clear and squash all this before it starts to take over and become a shadow over the whole thing. Its been plain sailing so far, and one little hiccup would make it look like the whole project was doomed from the begining.

If the studio is behind it, God help us. Maybe they were just pick up shots and Rob was making something extra out of the budget he had left - nice thought but I doubt myself on that one.

Time will tell, Im sure these were alterations on the killings already done, I mean this is not a Friday The 13th film.

wyatt s
06-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Well, I'd like to be as optimistic as I have been in the past in reguards to situations like this, which I'm sure you'll recall, but I'm not. I'm worrying that maybe this is the studio kind of playing with the film, and Rob trying to keep it authentic. Of course it could just be pick ups and such and I'm hoping it is. It'd be nice to get an update from Rob to kind of side line the worry, and to be honest the fact that he hasn't yet is sort of worrying in itself.

scoob
06-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, would be nice to kick this one.
Christ, with August approaching quickly, and the film still being made (!) I would begin to think about Rob deliberatly making a delay on its release! Hey lets push it to, I dunno, October? Fuck Saw4.

wyatt s
06-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Nah, while it would be nice to see a Halloween movie in Octorber, it would be fucking stupid for this film to try and compete with Saw4.

scoob
06-30-2007, 10:33 PM
I agree, in part. But if you put Saw 4 up against the Halloween Remake? I dont know - tough call on that. People are getting a little tired of the Saw movies.

wyatt s
06-30-2007, 10:39 PM
As much as I hate to say this as it surely means a string of crap will be flickering on our screens in the near future, people just seem to be getting tired of horror in general. The market has been completely saturated because of the success of the TCM remake and the Saw franchise as well as a slew of others. At the moment it would seem that Saw may have the upper hand, but I could be way off.

scoob
06-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Wyatt, I think you have it right.
There is just horror film after horror film after horror film coming out or being advertized on the box - and that is GREAT!
Problem is - these films turn out to be shite!

Its almost like how it was in the ealry 80s, when it seemed like all you had to do was make a horror flick and it would be released regardless of quality.

Now Im not against this at all - I think its a good and a bad thing. Great that Horror is being loved, as it always will be,but BAD that so many shit films are being made at the expense of it.

Lets hope Zombie AND Dimension get their shit together.

Inhumane
06-30-2007, 10:52 PM

Jesus, what is Zombie doing??? The more news that comes out, the more I get confused. Zombie says he wants to make Myers scary again with less commercialism tied into the character ... so, he gives us the 'Legions of Michael Myers" concept and a forthcoming toyline. Zombie said awhile back that no more 'Rejects' cast members would be included and lo and behold, he adds both Moseley and Haig. Then he says that he had no interest of making Halloween a bloodbath and now this!! What is going on?? Seriously. Is Zombie making the film he truly wanted to make? Is Dimension meddling into this project as they have been known to do in the past? Is Zombie just toying with us? Or is Zombie the type of filmmaker that changes his mind so drastically from one day to the next and his comments should just be taken with a grain of salt? In all seriousness, the news coming out from this film gets weirder and weirder.

Worthystevens
06-30-2007, 10:57 PM

Or:

Earl, Al and the rest of the H4 redneck gang mark a return.

;)

Shamrock-Robot
06-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Something sounds familair here, Death scenes being refilmed extra gory and a new ending being shot hmmm, Sounds like 1995 all over again, Im fine with all of this as long as it is Zombies vision and it works good for the film, I just dont want another Dimension Hack Job like H6, Hopefully things will work out.

scoob
06-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I just have a problem with this changing of the ending business.
Didnt Rob quote that he would never change the final scene once completled?

But Rob has said many a thing and then its been washed out, but if Dimension or anyone else have anything to do with this cut for a bloody sake of a sequal, then it is just wrong and dilutes the whole thing.

Shamrock-Robot
06-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Welp Dimension is the Hack and Chop studio that goes frenzy over bad test screenings so yeah this is what happens.

scoob
06-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Next few days, or hours should be interesting.

ghettomyers
06-30-2007, 11:31 PM
NEW PIC!! paul and annie behind the scenes

Man In Black
06-30-2007, 11:36 PM
The reason for the new scenes and such is due to the somewhat negative aspects which came from the test screening and its reviews. There were only two things which really stuck out to me as being negative, even in the positive reviews, and they were "not enough time with Laurie" and "no real suspence". I never heard of any lack of gore being a problem so the BD report seems a little over the top.

While six new deaths might be true, it might also mean six alternate deaths from those already shot. I'm not sure if Sid Haig's cemetery caretaker character is the same one as played by Ezra Buzzington in the preview screening, whether Sid is replacing Ezra (who might not be able to come back) or is working with him or even a completely different caretaker is something I'm not sure about.

Its going to be an interesting two months though.

Man In Black
06-30-2007, 11:37 PM
NEW PIC!! paul and annie behind the scenes

I thought that when I saw it somewhere else a while back - turns out its from another new Danielle movie, "Left for Dead".

ghettomyers
06-30-2007, 11:39 PM
oh......i knew that, i was jus makin sure u did

Man In Black
06-30-2007, 11:41 PM
oh......i knew that, i was jus makin sure u did

haha. I didn't help that the place I saw it actually listed them as "Danielle Harris & Paul van Ville in Halloween" Good to keep me on my toes:nodsmile:

Man In Black
06-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Ah, heres an answer to the Sid Haig question from his latest blog:

This has to be a re-shoot, re-cast situation if Sid Haig is
playing the caretaker. Ezra Buzzington played the character
during principal photography, he's posted pictures and a
blog about his day on set.

Ahhhh, another "fact".....no folks, Sid is NOT replacing Ezra at all. Ezra played A caretaker, but not THE caretaker. Can't we have two, or is that against some kind of code? It is a new scene, and a new character. Don't believe it, find out for yourselves on 8/31. We all know you'll be there.

Dark Empire
07-01-2007, 12:56 AM
Im hoping that they up the Suspense.

Khan
07-01-2007, 04:12 AM
That's what's bothering me about the whole situation. It doesn't make sense from an artistic stand point. It only seems to make sense from a studio stand point and that worries me quite a lot.

Based on what MIB has reported, this smells of Dimension.

Rob has definitely been overruled by the studio, just as I expected.

PG Soul
07-01-2007, 04:17 AM
More scenes, means a potentially longer movie, so hopefully this will be The Departed of the horror genre.

Dark Empire
07-01-2007, 04:29 AM
More scenes, means a potentially longer movie, so hopefully this will be The Departed of the horror genre.

What's with everyone having a long movie? Long doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be the best movie in the world.

EvilOnTwoLegs
07-01-2007, 07:14 AM
If it involves Michael's mask lying on a floor and the sound of Malcolm McDowell screaming, it's time to give up.
Agreed.

IDK, Todd.

Yes, he did say he was going for a realistic approach, but have you seen some of those pictures? Look at the one with Cynthia (presumably) laying dead on the couch. Now look at the far wall behind Myers; the wall is covered in streaks of blood.
That's not unrealistic if he severed an artery. Jesus, man...haven't you ever killed anybody? :p

What's with everyone having a long movie? Long doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be the best movie in the world.
True. But my retort is "What's with everyone thinking a slasher movie can't be over 120 minutes?"

Cuz you know what people are sayin' out there. "I hope this ain't gonna b 2 long...it's a slasher moovee...not LOTR!!!!!1111"

Todd
07-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Okay, so Rob is adding some things.
That's why they do test screenings.
It's done in order to find out what an audience likes or dislikes about a movie so that they can polish it up and put a good final product in theaters. I think we're all just so hyper aware of everything going on with this movie that we're making a big deal out of something that might not warrant it.

Flash Over
07-01-2007, 08:11 AM
It's done in order to find out what an audience likes or dislikes about a movie so that they can polish it up and put a good final product in theaters. I think we're all just so hyper aware of everything going on with this movie that we're making a big deal out of something that might not warrant it.

Really though......I think we should just wait and see how the final product turns out!!! in 2 months:bang:

The Kilted One
07-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Really though......I think we should just wait and see how the final product turns out!!! in 2 months:bang:

I agree. If folks don't calm down soon, we may need to get out the old Shit Masks.

PG Soul
07-01-2007, 08:41 AM

True, then again, I think it is generally agreed that the movies which make up the Halloween franchise are far from being the best movies in the world.

If they are going to kick some life back into this dead horse and divulge into the background of the whole Myers mythology and have a part remake as well, one would imagine that this would be longer in length than 90 minutes. After all if Rob Zombie is intending to deliver an epic, then yes it should have a grand running time and also be grand in terms of quality content. Otherwise, it's just another addition to a sub standard franchise, with the exception of the first movie of course.

Flash Over
07-01-2007, 08:48 AM
^^^^^

I agree completely......

The Clash
07-01-2007, 09:07 AM
whats wrong with 6 more deaths! thats the whole point of the movie! to see people get killed and see who survives!

H-Field Hero
07-01-2007, 09:33 AM
I never heard of any lack of gore being a problem so the BD report seems a little over the top.I don't take anything they have to say seriously particularly when it's concerning anything related to Halloween.

Roswell
07-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Rob has definitely been overruled by the studio, just as I expected.

I'm not sure he's been overruled necessarily. I mean, if he had a problem with adding some more footage to the film, I'm sure he would have spoken up about it by now. He might have even agreed with it. Who knows. We certainly don't.

Anyway, I don't think we should be quick to name this an H6 situation, since we know very little about what's going on.

The Clash
07-01-2007, 10:57 AM
it seems like their is nothing to talk about on this board anymore.

thomasjarvis
07-01-2007, 11:16 AM

I'm not sure he's been overruled necessarily. I mean, if he had a problem with adding some more footage to the film, I'm sure he would have spoken up about it by now. He might have even agreed with it. Who knows. We certainly don't.

Anyway, I don't think we should be quick to name this an H6 situation, since we know very little about what's going on.

Here's the "official" word on all this from JP, an assistant editor working on the post-production staff associated with this film:

http://www.fridaythe13thforum.com/showthread.php?t=46706&page=5

"You guys are way off on the assumptions.

I was gonna wait till Rob made an official announcement to talk about this stuff, but apparently some assholes just have leak info constantly. They gotta be the 15 yr old girls, gossiping about everything.

Anyway, Rob is just confident in his own vision, he's not arrogant or cocky. He even asks a grunt like me my opinion fairly often (and actually does listen and take me seriously). You can choose to not believe me when I say that... but I would not be sticking up for the guy if I thought otherwise. I'd just be sitting back, reading and laughing along.

I'd bet when he made the multi-ending comment, he was referring to shooting like that on purpose, as in -- going into production thinking 'lets shoot the ending a bunch of ways and then we'll figure out which one to use later'.

He had a great idea and had the means to achieve it, there's nothing really more to read into it. Nothing has been forced on him by the Weinsteins, it's all Rob's doing. The brass just said 'yes' and offered the budget.

Nothing was influenced by audience reaction on the test screening, at least, not in the way people are assuming. Rob even had a meeting with us two weeks BEFORE the test screening to brain-storm ideas on what to shoot with the additional photography budget we got.

And assuming the 6 news deaths comment is correct... they'd replace 3 old deaths just off the top of my head... so you're looking at 3 'more' in reality. From what I've seen, there's nothing super-gory about them. Though there's still some dailies we haven't gotten in yet.

And to quote one of the bosses: "That release date ain't movin' ""

ghettomyers
07-01-2007, 11:21 AM
sweeeeeeet(says calmly)

Todd
07-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Here's the "official" word on all this from JP, an assistant editor working on the post-production staff associated with this film:

So I was kind of right?

Inhumane
07-01-2007, 11:46 AM

"You guys are way off on the assumptions.

I was gonna wait till Rob made an official announcement to talk about this stuff, but apparently some assholes just have leak info constantly. They gotta be the 15 yr old girls, gossiping about everything.

Anyway, Rob is just confident in his own vision, he's not arrogant or cocky. He even asks a grunt like me my opinion fairly often (and actually does listen and take me seriously). You can choose to not believe me when I say that... but I would not be sticking up for the guy if I thought otherwise. I'd just be sitting back, reading and laughing along.

I'd bet when he made the multi-ending comment, he was referring to shooting like that on purpose, as in -- going into production thinking 'lets shoot the ending a bunch of ways and then we'll figure out which one to use later'.

He had a great idea and had the means to achieve it, there's nothing really more to read into it. Nothing has been forced on him by the Weinsteins, it's all Rob's doing. The brass just said 'yes' and offered the budget.

Nothing was influenced by audience reaction on the test screening, at least, not in the way people are assuming. Rob even had a meeting with us two weeks BEFORE the test screening to brain-storm ideas on what to shoot with the additional photography budget we got.

And assuming the 6 news deaths comment is correct... they'd replace 3 old deaths just off the top of my head... so you're looking at 3 'more' in reality. From what I've seen, there's nothing super-gory about them. Though there's still some dailies we haven't gotten in yet.

And to quote one of the bosses: "That release date ain't movin' ""

Hopefully, these reshoots consists of dumping the rape/escape sequence, perhaps add some suspense, and dump some of the backstory in favor of some more scenes with Laurie. I would be quite happy if that is the case. Perhaps, the film will dump the "complete ending" in favor of a more "open-ended" finale.

We shall see. I just hope the reshoots will be fixing as opposed to making matters worse.

ghettomyers
07-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Hopefully, these reshoots consists of dumping the rape/escape sequence, perhaps add some suspense, and dump some of the backstory in favor of some more scenes with Laurie. I would be quite happy if that is the case. Perhaps, the film will dump the "complete ending" in favor of a more "open-ended" finale.

We shall see. I just hope the reshoots will be fixing as opposed to making matters worse.

i think we already have dat movie bro, no need to make it again

Monte
07-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Maybe there will be a whole alternate movie on the DVD called "Wake Up, Michael Myers."

The Kilted One
07-01-2007, 01:07 PM
it seems like their is nothing to talk about on this board anymore.

You've only been a member for two days... if you thought there wasn't anything left to talk about, you shouldn't have joined. That's my oppinion.

shoe1985
07-01-2007, 01:31 PM

I just want more backstory then remake myself. We have the original, lets get a backstory that works.

Todd 78
07-01-2007, 01:42 PM
I just want more backstory then remake myself. We have the original, lets get a backstory that works.

I agree. Part of why I'm excited about this remake is we get a backstory.
It is something fresh and different, and I'm personally a fan of origin stories. My concern is the pacing of the film

The Clash
07-01-2007, 02:08 PM
yea im excited to see why michael is so fucked up in the head and kills people myself, as for the pacing of the film i heard it was slow in the beginning.

The Kilted One
07-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Now we're talking! My worry is that the pacing will be too fast, because he seems to be covering so much material. Personally, I like slower pacing with more suspence- Is that what we'll get? Would that technique even work for this particular film? We'll just have to put on our shit masks, be patient, and wait to see.

Luvdemkillaz
07-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that we recently got the Stars movie channel and Showtime as a free 6 month promotion that our cable company is running and I just saw a preview for RZ's Halloween about 10 minutes ago (on one of the Stars channels) right before H20 came on:spooky:. Its the same trailer we've all seen, nothing new, but still really cool to see something on tv for it. They've actually been showing H20 just about every day, we've been leaving the tv on for the dogs to watch it when we're not home:dog:

shoe1985
07-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I agree. Part of why I'm excited about this remake is we get a backstory.
It is something fresh and different, and I'm personally a fan of origin stories. My concern is the pacing of the film

I love the idea of origin stories, but a lot of times they get messed up. Considered this is a new start there can't be anything to mess up. From the draft I read, which I now know is different now because things have changed, I hate Hollywood for things like that, I could see how they were pacing everything. I could see Carpenter actually directing the movie with his pacing similar to the original. I believe if Rob was to do something similar with what John did, it could be truly an amazing movie.

The reshoots don't bother me because most movies get reshoots of some sort anymore. Dimension knows how big of a film this is, and if they mess it up, the Halloween series is done for.

The Dark Shape
07-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Dimension has now made four Halloween films, and only one has made it to release with its original ending.

With these reshoots coming after a test screening, once again it shows Dimension panics when results aren't where they want them to be. Don't be surprised if the movie is a gory, jumbled mess when it hits theaters. Then, when it disappoints (if it does), expect Dimension to be flabbergasted as to why nobody liked it.

God, I hate that fucking studio.

mr32
07-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Okay its July bring on the tv spots.

ghettomyers
07-01-2007, 05:25 PM
sho sho

shoe1985
07-01-2007, 05:28 PM

Since the movie comes out the 31st of August, we won't see much promotion till mid August.

The Frightmaster
07-01-2007, 05:56 PM
No promotion until August!!!! WTF????

Monte
07-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Clarification: Since the movie comes out the 31st of August *and it is not Spider-Man or Harry Potter*, we won't see much promotion till mid August.

Inhumane
07-01-2007, 06:39 PM

I have no real issues of a backstory per se, just not the ideas or casting choices I've seen. The young Michael Myers looks like a Samara clone or at best, a Hanson brother. Sherri Moon Zombie - who is an attractive lady, no doubt - can not act and from what I've read, the ideas of young Myers just isn't interesting to me. So, I certainly would have no problems of a backstory, just not anything like what I've seen or heard. In honesty, my biggest gripe is the casting of Daeg Faerch. I cringe at every pic I've seen of the kid. So, as I said, I think if his role is minimized, that would be a plus as far as I'm concerned.

Clarification: Since the movie comes out the 31st of August *and it is not Spider-Man or Harry Potter*, we won't see much promotion till mid August.

I agree.

shoe1985
07-01-2007, 06:40 PM
No promotion until August!!!! WTF????

For most horror movies, the most early promotion we will get is teaser trailers. Next month should be Halloween month because the promotion should be huge.

Monte
07-01-2007, 06:51 PM
For most horror movies, the most early promotion we will get is teaser trailers. Next month should be Halloween month because the promotion should be huge.

And here I thought October was Halloween month. Silly me.

shoe1985
07-01-2007, 07:11 PM
And here I thought October was Halloween month. Silly me.

Well, if this movie does well, we could switch them. I really hate the idea of having a Halloween movie in Summer and not during the actual holiday.

WhiteZombie
07-01-2007, 07:47 PM

Ha yeah no kidding. I mean im not surprised as to why or anything, but jesus. I work in a grocery store, and there were Spiderman advertisements on the fruit rollups for gods sake. How I wish there was a shot of Michael carrying around a corpse on my next box of fruit by the fruit.

Frazetta
07-01-2007, 07:51 PM
I was just happy seeing the poster up in the theatre Saturday night1

wyatt s
07-01-2007, 07:53 PM
It is great to see the poster in person.

I'm glad to hear that the re-shoots may in fact not be because of the forcefull hands of Dimesion. I was worried for a second.

fangface
07-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Don't know if this was posted yet. Bit of news from Wayne Toth's Halloween Town site:

Greetings Ghouls!

2007 is going to be a big year here in Halloween Town!

We are currently completing work on our giant new location in Burbank that will scare the pants off of you!

We are also anticipating the release of Rob Zombie's new version of Halloween!

Halloween Town co-owner Wayne Toth created the new Michael Myers and makeup FX for the film, so look for new stuff and promotional info from us!

We're happy to be the first to tell you about a new Michael Myers mask from Rob Zombie's upcoming film "Halloween" !

This mask is currently being created from makeup FX artist Wayne Toth's original movie mold!!

We don't have pricing or images of the actual production masks as they are still being manufactured, but we are hoping to get them in time for this October and will be offering them both unsigned and signed by Rob Zombie and Wayne Toth.

We will let you all know when they are available for preorder, so keep an eye out for future updates!

source link:
http://store.halloweentownstore.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

mr32
07-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Since the movie comes out the 31st of August, we won't see much promotion till mid August.

But we got the teaser trailer a week after they wrap up shooting, and it was suppose to be attach to Grindhouse but only a few. The other movie from Dimension that was attach to Grindhouse was 1408 just got release this week and Grindhouse got release 2 months ago. Some got the trailer attach to Grindhouse some didnt, I saw 1408 yesterday hoping to see the teaser on the big screen but it was attach to 1408 and some people say is because 1408 was rated PG-13. If it had something to do with the rating of the movie why the teaser wasnt attach, well why was Captivity attach its rated R.

I just i feel that the teaser trailer needs a spot this month just to tease the viewers. Hell i seen a comdey avertise on VH1 a while ago and its set to hit August 17 Superbad rated R.

mr32
07-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Don't know if this was posted yet. Bit of news from Wayne Toth's Halloween Town site:

Greetings Ghouls!

We are currently completing work on our giant new location in Burbank that will scare the pants off of you!

Halloween Town co-owner Wayne Toth created the new Michael Myers and makeup FX for the film, so look for new stuff and promotional info from us!

We're happy to be the first to tell you about a new Michael Myers mask from Rob Zombie's upcoming film "Halloween" !

This mask is currently being created from makeup FX artist Wayne Toth's original movie mold!!

We don't have pricing or images of the actual production masks as they are still being manufactured, but we are hoping to get them in time for this October and will be offering them both unsigned and signed by Rob Zombie and Wayne Toth.

We will let you all know when they are available for preorder, so keep an eye out for future updates!

source link:

That's cool to hear.

hall0weendream
07-01-2007, 08:55 PM
I saw 1408 and Halloween was attached to it. That had to be one of the coolest things I've seen on the big screen yet. Sadly everything thinks that promotion should be starting but normally most movies don't get tv spotsuntil 3 or 2 weeks before the actual release. The only real big things to now hit will be a full trailer and magazine articles. Actors won't be promoting till 2 or so weeks before the release and tv spots will kick in then too. I can't wait for the madness.

ChrisYorkville
07-01-2007, 09:13 PM

Greetings Ghouls!

source link:

:bow: perfect costume for me since im the same height/build as tyler :rock:

mr32
07-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I saw 1408 and Halloween was attached to it. That had to be one of the coolest things I've seen on the big screen yet. Sadly everything thinks that promotion should be starting but normally most movies don't get tv spotsuntil 3 or 2 weeks before the actual release. The only real big things to now hit will be a full trailer and magazine articles. Actors won't be promoting till 2 or so weeks before the release and tv spots will kick in then too. I can't wait for the madness.

Yeah i it had to be cool to see it on the big screen, but if i didnt have a computer i woudnt until next month right. Well i guess they are going to jam pack it in mid August than.

PG Soul
07-01-2007, 10:03 PM
They'll be some what busy right now, blending and editing in the music score into the film.
As well as editing the scenes themselves, and getting the look of the film right.

The product is nearing the stage of 'final processing'. ;)

ChrisYorkville
07-01-2007, 10:22 PM
They'll be some what busy right now, blending and editing in the music score into the film.
As well as editing the scenes themselves, and getting the look of the film right.

The product is nearing the stage of 'final processing'. ;)

post production :nodsmile:

Lucifer
07-02-2007, 02:11 AM
Watched JC Halloween on Saturday night and it just brings up the excitment for this film so much.I cant wait till August , though not long to go now .I take it that the film will be released on August 31st in England aswell?

Man In Black
07-02-2007, 02:23 AM
I cant wait till August , though not long to go now .I take it that the film will be released on August 31st in England aswell?

Judging by the last two movies from Dimension (since H6 went DTV over here) I'd expect the UK to not get it until mid to late October.

Halloween H20
USA - 5 August 1998
UK - 23 October 1998

Halloween Resurrection
USA - 12 July 2002
UK - 25 October 2002

So there is a chance that it might be...

RZ Halloween
USA - 31 August 2007
UK - 12/19/26 October 2007?

Its a bummer but I think we're going to have to wait a little longer.

Lucifer
07-02-2007, 02:39 AM
Thats more than a bummer having to wait that long , damn and i had it all planned out to go on 31st .

Man In Black
07-02-2007, 02:45 AM
Well, there is always a chance we might get it earlier but I'm not holding out on a Aug. 31 release. We should get an official date soon so fingers crossed.

dakiller
07-02-2007, 03:25 AM
hey, does any1 no wen it comes out in AUSTRALIA? im realy lookin 4ward 2 it. can u msg me the answre if u no :D cheers.

PG Soul
07-02-2007, 03:53 AM
It will probably come out Nov/Dec time Austrailia, however, fear not I heard Austrailia got Transformers before everyone else! :)

PG Soul
07-02-2007, 03:57 AM
post production :nodsmile:

Yeah, the silver shamrock seal of approval. ;)

EvilOnTwoLegs
07-02-2007, 03:58 AM

Greetings Ghouls!

source link:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

shoe1985
07-02-2007, 04:15 AM
But we got the teaser trailer a week after they wrap up shooting, and it was suppose to be attach to Grindhouse but only a few. The other movie from Dimension that was attach to Grindhouse was 1408 just got release this week and Grindhouse got release 2 months ago. Some got the trailer attach to Grindhouse some didnt, I saw 1408 yesterday hoping to see the teaser on the big screen but it was attach to 1408 and some people say is because 1408 was rated PG-13. If it had something to do with the rating of the movie why the teaser wasnt attach, well why was Captivity attach its rated R.

I just i feel that the teaser trailer needs a spot this month just to tease the viewers. Hell i seen a comdey avertise on VH1 a while ago and its set to hit August 17 Superbad rated R.

I we won't see a lot of promotion till August. Now is the time you see posters and teaser trailers. In August, you get the full length trailer, tv spots, interviews, and so on. They don't want the movie to lose its appeal to quickly, Snakes on a Plane.

Yeah i it had to be cool to see it on the big screen, but if i didnt have a computer i woudnt until next month right. Well i guess they are going to jam pack it in mid August than.

Don't you go and watch other movies in theaters? You are only 22, I am the same age, and I go at least 3-5 times a month, during the summer because of college.

dakiller
07-02-2007, 04:27 AM
It will probably come out Nov/Dec time Austrailia, however, fear not I heard Austrailia got Transformers before everyone else! :)

:S that suks. i want 2 c it on halloween night lol. talkign buot transformers i saw it 2day :D luved it. best movie of the year so far. kicks spidermans 3 ass n pirates. graphics were unreal :D

Lucifer
07-02-2007, 05:48 AM
Well, there is always a chance we might get it earlier but I'm not holding out on a Aug. 31 release. We should get an official date soon so fingers crossed.

Well ive got my fingers crossed , dont want to wait that long .seems very unfair

mr32
07-02-2007, 08:15 AM
I we won't see a lot of promotion till August. Now is the time you see posters and teaser trailers. In August, you get the full length trailer, tv spots, interviews, and so on. They don't want the movie to lose its appeal to quickly, Snakes on a Plane.

Don't you go and watch other movies in theaters? You are only 22, I am the same age, and I go at least 3-5 times a month, during the summer because of college.

Of course i go see other movies Spiderman 3, Mr. Brooks, Bug, Hostel 2, Live Free, FF2, of course 1408 and Grindhouse, and The Reaping. None had the teaser attach to them. I wasnt expecting it to be attach to Spiderman, Live Free or FF2, and hell in the two theaters i go watch movies in the poster is not even up it might be up this weekend when i go see Evan Almightly and Transformers.

Todd
07-02-2007, 08:43 AM
They should definitely be promoting this movie a lot more heavily by now.
The posters for it should be in more theaters and we should be getting tv teasers as well.

renee30152
07-02-2007, 08:47 AM

So true. Can't wait to see them! Including more media outlets paying more attention to the movie. :D

Todd 78
07-02-2007, 08:52 AM
The posters for it should be in more theaters and we should be getting tv teasers as well.

tv spots will start on august 30 . all you need is a day's notice:bastard:

The promotion stinks. NBo Buzz at all. Dimension is beliving the name will sell itself?

mr32
07-02-2007, 08:56 AM
We are just gon have to wait and see what kind of promotion they plan on doing. Most likely thats what they are looking for is for the name to sell itself.

The Clash
07-02-2007, 08:56 AM
wait so we arent going to be seeing teasers and trailers till august 30th? what the fuck?

renee30152
07-02-2007, 08:57 AM
I was just happy seeing the poster up in the theatre Saturday night1

I am going to the movies on Saterday and will have to check it out!
Can we buy the posters anywhere?

Todd 78
07-02-2007, 09:05 AM
wait so we arent going to be seeing teasers and trailers till august 30th? what the fuck?

I was beingsarcastic. I am sure we will see one on August 29 as well:laugh:

Roswell
07-02-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm glad that there isn't much media coverage yet. Too much coverage at this point could be a bad thing.

I think we'll start getting TV spots in the beginning or middle of August. There's no way you'll see a TV spot now since it's too early for that kind of advertising.

Also, we'll probably see another trailer by this month. If not this month then next month.

That's just the way I'm calling it since it makes the most sense to me.

MyersFan75
07-02-2007, 09:26 AM

Posters HAVE been spotted in theaters. I agree about some TV spots now, however.

DeanCorso
07-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Who says theres going to be another trailer?

"Freddy vs Jason" had only one trailer..the rest was TV spots.

The Clash
07-02-2007, 09:48 AM
theres one up at my theater(poster)

MischievousSpirit
07-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Who says theres going to be another trailer?

"Freddy vs Jason" had only one trailer..the rest was TV spots.

I believe Rob Zombie said there would be another trailer. The trailer we have now is only the teaser trailer.

The Clash
07-02-2007, 10:12 AM
where did you hear this

krustytheklown
07-02-2007, 11:27 AM
if the reshoot info is correct, it cant be good. pickup shots to spit polish a movie are one thing, "massive" reshoots are another. six new scenes added of people being killed. it cant be new stuff, it would have to be reshoots of characters that were killed in the original scenes. if so, it means that either the scenes didnt work or dimension is trying to fuck up robs movie by thinking they know better than he what makes his movie work. if things dont work, then they just dont have time to fix this stuff by aug. 31st. i just hope it comes out by halloween. remember they delayed HR like a whole year and it never did help the finished product. i hope i was wrong when i predicted months ago of massive reshoots and a crippled franchise, because i really was starting to get won over by robs vision. on a related note, if they reshoot annies death scene, i hope they dont make danielle put a top on. damn she is hot now.

Roswell
07-02-2007, 11:42 AM
if the reshoot info is correct, it cant be good. pickup shots to spit polish a movie are one thing, "massive" reshoots are another. six new scenes added of people being killed. it cant be new stuff, it would have to be reshoots of characters that were killed in the original scenes. if so, it means that either the scenes didnt work or dimension is trying to fuck up robs movie by thinking they know better than he what makes his movie work. if things dont work, then they just dont have time to fix this stuff by aug. 31st. i just hope it comes out by halloween. remember they delayed HR like a whole year and it never did help the finished product. i hope i was wrong when i predicted months ago of massive reshoots and a crippled franchise, because i really was starting to get won over by robs vision. on a related note, if they reshoot annies death scene, i hope they dont make danielle put a top on. damn she is hot now.

I wouldn't call this massive reshoots. H6 had massive reshoots. This is nothing compared to that.

As for the death scenes, according to the assistant editor, half of those death scenes were just reshoots of ones that were already filmed.

And also according to him, this wasn't something that Dimension came up with. It was Rob's idea.

The Clash
07-02-2007, 11:45 AM
yea i know i wanna see danielle's titiess

MichaelMyers04
07-02-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm anxiously waiting for some tv spots, though I know it'll probably be a while until we see those. However, this is kind of concerning, because I think the advertisment for this movie is not that great, considering most people I know have no idea there's another Halloween coming out. I just checked at our cineplex, and there's no poster, and there was no teaser attached to Grindhouse; I'm not sure about 1408.

Hopefully, they start marketing this movie, because I would hate to see a good movie (hopefully) bomb at the box office due to a lack of marketing (though it doesn't really matter to me what it makes, I just don't want it to make less than Resurrection).

krustytheklown
07-02-2007, 11:51 AM
i hope your right. thats why i put quotes around "massive" implying we dont have the whole story, and this may indeed be spit polish. im glad RZ is working to make this a great movie, and may be open to ideas on how to improve it. we just know that there is more at stake than with any other halloween movie. if this tanks, game over. i just hope to the great pumpkin that i love it and it makes enough to justify getting RZ back, or another qualified director who also loves halloween. there out there, i know it.

The Frightmaster
07-02-2007, 11:56 AM
yea i know i wanna see danielle's titiess

Is that the only reason your going to see the movie???

lol
j/k

The Clash
07-02-2007, 12:12 PM
hahaha

renee30152
07-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Anything is better then nothing.

The Clash
07-02-2007, 02:57 PM
If Michael is unmasked in RZ's Halloween, what would you want him to look like,Normal like in the first, a jason deformed face, anything you want. me personally i would like to see him with a scar like in the first one with the whole eye shananigans. only different

mcilroga
07-02-2007, 02:59 PM
yea ugh no shit?

At least she contributed a 5+ word post... which you're "ugh" seemingly unable to do. ;)

The Clash
07-02-2007, 03:05 PM
what i didnt say that

Todd
07-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Posters HAVE been spotted in theaters. I agree about some TV spots now, however.
Yeah, I know that a few posters have been spotted, but I have three theaters that I go to, and none of them have the Halloween poster yet.
I guess that doesn't mean much, but for a movie that is going to be out in less than two months, I would have expected a little more promotion by now.

Kubrickbuff
07-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm nervous about this movie, Rob Zombie is a rock singer so it was obvious that House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects was going to be gory and filled with pointless violence. He is not a real filmmaker and he is not an artist, he's just a rocker, this film is just going to be filled with pointless violence. The first Holloween worked because it focused on storytelling and atmosphere.

MyersFan75
07-02-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm nervous about this movie, Rob Zombie is a rock singer so it was obvious that House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects was going to be gory and filled with pointless violence. He is not a real filmmaker and he is not an artist, he's just a rocker, this film is just going to be filled with pointless violence. The first Holloween worked because it focused on storytelling and atmosphere.

I think that's a very unfair statement. Rob definately has talent as a filmmaker. His style might not be exactly what a Halloween remake needs, but then again maybe it is. This is a restart. You can't keep looking back to the original and then criticize Rob's vision.

He's a fan of the original, and he is making it his own and showing us all how he perceives Michael Myers. Yes, there will be violence, but he stated himself he wanted it more realistic. Expect blood.

The film is not even out yet. Don't judge it so harshly; no one has seen it yet.

MyersFan75
07-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I know that a few posters have been spotted, but I have three theaters that I go to, and none of them have the Halloween poster yet.
I guess that doesn't mean much, but for a movie that is going to be out in less than two months, I would have expected a little more promotion by now.

I see.

Well, after reading some comments saying they've seen the poster in cinemas, I was anxious to check my local theater out. Now I'm not sure.

I do agree, all in all, with you Todd. The film's promotion should be a bit heavier by now.

Kubrickbuff
07-02-2007, 04:10 PM
I just think that Rob is not the right filmmaker for this, Rob is no Kubrick or Howard Hawks or even John Carpenter. I would pick someone who is a true artist and not some rock singer who is going at the obvious approch of pointless gore and violence.

renee30152
07-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I would want him to look normal. That is scary to think that someone could look innocent and still be a psycho killer.

MyersFan75
07-02-2007, 04:13 PM
If Michael is unmasked in RZ's Halloween, what would you want him to look like,Normal like in the first, a jason deformed face, anything you want. me personally i would like to see him with a scar like in the first one with the whole eye shananigans. only different

It definately won't be any type of deformed face. That wouldn't make sense.

I don't think he'll be unmasked in this film, but if he is, I'd say he'd look normal. Actually, I'd bet my money that if he was unmasked in this film his face would be shrouded in darkness. Seems like something Rob would do.

Just look at the picture of Myers being escorted down the hallway. The long hair and the way he hangs his head blocks his face from our vision. I think that is Rob's whole goal.

renee30152
07-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Waitangi Day

The Clash
07-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Waitangi Day

whats that?

Towelman
07-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Judging by the last two movies from Dimension (since H6 went DTV over here) I'd expect the UK to not get it until mid to late October.

Halloween H20
USA - 5 August 1998
UK - 23 October 1998

Halloween Resurrection
USA - 12 July 2002
UK - 25 October 2002

So there is a chance that it might be...

RZ Halloween
USA - 31 August 2007
UK - 12/19/26 October 2007?

Its a bummer but I think we're going to have to wait a little longer.

The last I heard, it's October 19.

WhiteZombie
07-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I just think that Rob is not the right filmmaker for this, Rob is no Kubrick or Howard Hawks or even John Carpenter. I would pick someone who is a true artist and not some rock singer who is going at the obvious approch of pointless gore and violence.

Rob is no Kubrik or Carpenter because hes just starting his film making career. The only reason he's known so well is because of his music. Would you put Carpenter on the same level you would now, with only his first 2 movies to judge him by? I dont think so. If you dont like Zombies style thats cool, its opinion. But you cant bash his film making chops. House is an awesome flick, but its love or hate. Rejects though, did show good film making. There was no "pointless violence" as you say. The movie was gritty, violent, not, how you say, packed for 14 year old girls. Bottom line is it is a horror movie. People get stabbed. Stabbed=blood. Unless of course people dont bleed?

wyatt s
07-02-2007, 07:34 PM
NIcely put.

Roswell
07-02-2007, 07:44 PM
NIcely put.

Yeah, really.

I don't get why people do that (compare filmmakers with tons of experience to ones who have very little experience).

Inhumane
07-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Rejects though, did show good film making. There was no "pointless violence" as you say.

I totally disagree. What was the point of the torture sequence at the hotel? Or the girl running from the hotel and being hit by a truck? That long, tedious sequence did not further the plot or add any depth to the characters that we already did not know. TDR - just like HO1kC - was gratutious and pointless. There was no purpose or deep meaning behind the film. With that said, however, horror films do not always need to have a point or well-conceived plot and/or characters to be entertaining, but let's not pretend TDR was anything more than what it was.

MischievousSpirit
07-02-2007, 08:56 PM
John Carpenter was practically a nobody in the movie making business back in 1978 until he made Halloween, much like Rob Zombie is now. People should just give Rob Zombie a chance, and see if his Halloween can be a success without shitting all over it before it's even out of the gate.

wyatt s
07-02-2007, 09:04 PM
but let's not pretend TDR was anything more than what it was.

You of course are allowed to have an opinion, but that's not a particularly fair statement to make at all.

There are a lot of people who think that TDR was a very good movie, myself included. I also don't believe that anything it it was at all "gratutious and pointless." In fact quite the opposite. I think that everything in the film was in fact there to add to the story or create greater depth in the characters. Rob Zombie did show a great amount of growth between HOTC, and TDR and even a lot of the negative reviews for the film that I read acknowledged that. Quite frankly that growth was the reason I was happy when he was announced for this remake

Lets not pretend that just because you don't like it means that it can't be a good movie in the eyes of someone else.

WhiteZombie
07-02-2007, 09:04 PM
I totally disagree. What was the point of the torture sequence at the hotel? Or the girl running from the hotel and being hit by a truck? That long, tedious sequence did not further the plot or add any depth to the characters that we already did not know. TDR - just like HO1kC - was gratutious and pointless. There was no purpose or deep meaning behind the film. With that said, however, horror films do not always need to have a point or well-conceived plot and/or characters to be entertaining, but let's not pretend TDR was anything more than what it was.

Umm, the point of it was to show how fucked up the family really was. So it did actually add deapth to the family. We wernt following around the fuckin Brady bunch, we were following around a group of serial killers, doing serial killer things. It is a horror movie after all, showing sombody being layed out by a transport truck is all part of the genre. Im not pretending TDR is anything more than anything, Its not your typical man kills woman slasher flick. The villans are interesting and cool characters. Wydell is an amazing anti hero type character, thirsting for revenge. the gore is nice, whats not to like.

Inhumane
07-02-2007, 09:16 PM
You of course are allowed to have an opinion, but that's not a particularly fair statement to make at all.

There are a lot of people who think that TDR was a very good movie, myself included. I also don't believe that anything it it was at all "gratutious and pointless." In fact quite the opposite. I think that everything in the film was in fact there to add to the story or create greater depth in the characters. Rob Zombie did show a great amount of growth between HOTC, and TDR and even a lot of the negative reviews for the film that I read acknowledged that. Quite frankly that growth was the reason I was happy when he was announced for this remake

Lets not pretend that just because you don't like it means that it can't be a good movie in the eyes of someone else.

This is not about whether I liked it or not. Or whether you liked it or not. The film was gratutious and violent. The film did not carry a deep meaning or message. It was what it was. There's nothing wrong with that. Many horror films that I enjoy have been pointless and gratutious.

Umm, the point of it was to show how fucked up the family really was. So it did actually add deapth to the family. We wernt following around the fuckin Brady bunch, we were following around a group of serial killers, doing serial killer things. It is a horror movie after all, showing sombody being layed out by a transport truck is all part of the genre. Im not pretending TDR is anything more than anything, Its not your typical man kills woman slasher flick. The villans are interesting and cool characters. Wydell is an amazing anti hero type character, thirsting for revenge. the gore is nice, whats not to like.

Again, as I said, most violence in horror films is pointless. It's the equilvalent of a car chase in an action film. The bottom line is that the violence was gratutious and pointless. The Firefly Clan torturing people in a hotel is not adding character depth or advancing the plot. We know they're crazy. We had all of the first film and the beginning part of TDR to reveal that.

As I said, it's not about who likes or dislikes the film. That's completely irrelevant to this discussion. The film was 'gratutious' and 'violent' that - beyond shocking the audience - served no real purpose. Which, again, is fine. Most horror films are made in the same fashion.

wyatt s
07-02-2007, 09:23 PM
This is not about whether I liked it or not. Or whether you liked it or not. The film was gratutious and violent. The film did not carry a deep meaning or message. It was what it was. There's nothing wrong with that. Many horror films that I enjoy have been pointless and gratutious.

Again, I don't find anything about the film to be pointless or gratuitious. Granted there's no deep message behind it, but is there any deep meaning behind Halloween? The good majority of horror, even including a lot of the classics, don't have deep hidden messages. Plus nothing in it is ever done just to do it, it's all adding to a story and the character's within it, which is the exact opposite of gratuitious. And everything that any of the characters do in the movie does in fact add a greater depth to their over all personalities and psychosis.

But I'd rather not hijack this thread with off topic comments about TDR so I'll bow out of the conversation at this point.

Inhumane
07-02-2007, 09:26 PM
But I'd rather not hijack this thread with off topic comments about TDR so I'll bow out of the conversation at this point.

I agree. I will do likewise.

Back to Halloween ...

EvilOnTwoLegs
07-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Rob Zombie is a rock singer so it was obvious that House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects was going to be gory and filled with pointless violence.
What kind of logic course have you been enrolled in? That makes no sense at all. I'm trying to figure out how Point A makes Point B obvious, but I just can't see it.

Rob is no Kubrick or Howard Hawks or even John Carpenter.
Hmmm...dead, dead, sucks now.

Not better choices at this point, if you ask me.

MyersFan75
07-03-2007, 04:12 AM
I'm nervous about this movie, Rob Zombie is a rock singer so it was obvious that House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects was going to be gory and filled with pointless violence.

Where do you get off with that viewpoint?

Say, for instance, someone like Garth Brooks decided to make a film, would it be filled with dramatic elements? Or side-splitting humor?

I just don't understand how you can just LABEL someone for their past background. :grouchy:

nwiser
07-03-2007, 04:23 AM
John Carpenter was practically a nobody in the movie making business back in 1978 until he made Halloween, much like Rob Zombie is now. People should just give Rob Zombie a chance, and see if his Halloween can be a success without shitting all over it before it's even out of the gate.

You're right...one should give someone with only one or two films under their belts a chance to make a few more films before you categorically label them a good or bad filmmaker.

However, it's my opinion that if any filmmaker wants to show off his/her talent, they not choose to remake a film with any sort of fan base, only because, if the film is successful, who is to say it isnt, in part, because fans of the original film patronized it heavily (seeing it two or more times in the theater, buying the DVD release in all its incarnations for their collection, etc.). That's not to say the film couldnt be inherently good, but if I were a filmmaker, and made a successful film, I wouldn't want there to be any doubt that its success was due to my abilities and not just because it was part of a large franchise.

Not that I'm any sort of movie expert or anything, but as a common viewer/moviegoer, this is one of the problems I see with the remake frenzy that has plagued Hollywood for the last 10 or 15 years. Not only does it seem that people are starting to run out of creativity in the context of trying to make original (albeit potentially heavily influenced by other) films, but filmmakers who take on these remakes, arent really putting their reputations on the lines with a remake/reboot (which can be both good and bad for them). If the movie succeeds, or if it fails, it can be attributed to a pre-existing fan base by one group or another.

I'm sure there are some of you that feel that a franchise's fan base cannot make or break a film (in fact I think EOTL may have even said that directly about us and RZ's Halloween a few months ago), which may indeed be true. Nevertheless, as I said if I were a filmmaker, I wouldnt want to have any doubt in my mind, no matter how miniscule, that the film I made was successful (or failed) because of a pre-existing fan base...but that's just me.

krustytheklown
07-03-2007, 07:32 AM
rob zombie may be still a novice filmaker, but he does meet the aintitcoolnews.com criteria for being capable to helm a remake.does he A)have a love and understanding of the source material? Yes. does he B)bring new elements to the story which feel like organic extensions of the story hes remaking? yes. is he C)helping realize a story that before couldnt be brought to the screen due to budget or social restrictions? mabye.that does make him more qualified than every director of every sequel with the EXCEPTION of dwight little, who had his own limitations due to a looming writers strike and budget concerns. i would like to have seen mabye another hotshot young director with a love for the original take a shot at the remake, like giellermo del toro(sp) or something, but thats okay. my biggest concern is not RZ the director but RZ the writer. i would really LOVE it if a professional horror writer would have had a crack at polishing the script, but oh well. and by the way, i may actually turn out wrong when it comes the the EFNY remake. too early to tell, but at least the script is looking good.

EvilOnTwoLegs
07-03-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm sure there are some of you that feel that a franchise's fan base cannot make or break a film (in fact I think EOTL may have even said that directly about us and RZ's Halloween a few months ago), which may indeed be true. Nevertheless, as I said if I were a filmmaker, I wouldnt want to have any doubt in my mind, no matter how miniscule, that the film I made was successful (or failed) because of a pre-existing fan base...but that's just me.
I probably did say that. And since some Halloween films have been successful, while other have been failures, I think that has proven true. Every Halloween fan went to see H:R...then told everyone they knew that it sucked. It didn't exactly soar at the box office, even if the fanbase went to see it. Obviously, the Halloween name is gonna bring people in. But not enough to make the film successful. Hell, Rob Zombie's name is probably gonna bring some people in...but again, not enough to guarantee success. If the film is successful, it will be because of the Halloween name and because of Rob Zombie...and hopefully, because it's good.

I don't think Zombie is really out there trying to prove anything...to you, me, himself, or anyone else. So I'm assuming that he doesn't really care about that, and that he simply wants to make use of what he considers an interesting opportunity to make what he considers a good film.

Lucifer
07-03-2007, 08:41 AM
I would say that these days a film can only be successful if its good but the look at snakes on a plane

The Clash
07-03-2007, 08:48 AM
its just a movie people

EvilOnTwoLegs
07-03-2007, 09:16 AM
its just a movie people
See, it's posts like this (in massive quantities) that allow new members to become Haddonfield High Alumni overnight.

Substance...that's all I'm looking for. We don't need you stating the obvious, or posting "hahaha," or making random four-word posts that add nothing to the thread. I understand you wanna jack up your post-count...but come on, man.

Roswell
07-03-2007, 09:26 AM
its just a movie people

No way!!! It's my whole life!!! It's my whole li-*gets run over*

The Frightmaster
07-03-2007, 10:28 AM
You guys are talking to a banned guy. He was only a member for 4 days and he's already banned!!! God he must of been a really bad guy.

Todd
07-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Was this newjack really "new" or had he been banned under another name?
Something about him seemed familiar.

The Frightmaster
07-03-2007, 10:58 AM
I don't know alot of guys come on the board with "I don't give a fuck" attitudes. I can't stand people like that.

Man In Black
07-03-2007, 11:20 AM
New scenes

Quick update. Dimension let me go film a couple new things that I thought the film needed and that's what I did. this is a good thing, so don't go worrying that something has gone wrong. the film still opens Aug 31 and kicks total ass, nuff said.

Nightmare13
07-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Well, at least we know he wasn't made to film the new stuff.

wyatt s
07-03-2007, 11:25 AM
I was fairly positive that was what it was, after an initially worry of course, but it's still a sigh of relief to hear if from Rob.

Man In Black
07-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Yeah. I couldn't really imagine Dimension ringing him up and saying "Dammnit Rob the movie ain't workin' - we need some Sid Haig and Bill Moseley in there"

EvilOnTwoLegs
07-03-2007, 11:28 AM
You guys are talking to a banned guy. He was only a member for 4 days and he's already banned!!! God he must of been a really bad guy.
haha

Well, he wasn't banned when I replied to his dumbass message. He was a Haddonfield High Alumni...that's right, after four days of posting. He accomplished this by offering up a slew of completely needless three and four-word posts. Now he's banned...and I'm glad.

Was this newjack really "new" or had he been banned under another name?
Something about him seemed familiar.
I think what seemed familiar (to me, at least) was the same idiocy that we see in many who end up banned. But as far as specifics go, I don't know...he seemed like a pretty random jackass to me.

New scenes

Quick update. Dimension let me go film a couple new things that I thought the film needed and that's what I did. this is a good thing, so don't go worrying that something has gone wrong. the film still opens Aug 31 and kicks total ass, nuff said.
Thanks for the update, MIB...good news. :yeah:

wyatt s
07-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah. I couldn't really imagine Dimension ringing him up and saying "Dammnit Rob the movie ain't workin' - we need some Sid Haig and Bill Moseley in there"

haha, yeah that's probably a fair assumption if I ever heard one. I was worrying for a minute simply because we didn't get any word on it from anyone involved with the film, which of course was probably because they were busy making the movie. But yeah even when I was worrying it never really made sense that based on how smooth things were going so far that they'd all the sudden have some kind of blow out like that. Glad they didn't.

mcilroga
07-03-2007, 11:32 AM
The Clash was InsaneMan23... visit the "The Slab's A Bitch" thread.

Oh, and good update. Thanks to the MIB for reporting this.

Monte
07-03-2007, 11:34 AM
New scenes

So pretty much what every movie goes through. Maybe we can calm down now.

WhiteZombie
07-03-2007, 06:23 PM
New scenes

I'm so glad your on top of all the news. Thats a good update. I wasint too worried in the first place, because the news from BD.com seemed like...well bullshit. But all the same its good to hear it from Zombie himself.

EvilOnTwoLegs
07-03-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm so glad your on top of all the news. Thats a good update. I wasint too worried in the first place, because the news from BD.com seemed like...well bullshit. But all the same its good to hear it from Zombie himself.
See, to me, this is the kind of thing Zombie needed to address. Not just because we're all insane Halloween fanboys (and fangirls) hanging on every bit of news, but because Dimension has such a long (and fairly consistent) record of ordering ridiculous reshoots and ruining their films. So you don't know whether you should be worried or not when you hear "reshoots" and "Dimension" in the same sentence. So it's good that Zombie takes the time to put these updates out there...and that MIB is so on top of things.

WhiteZombie
07-03-2007, 06:52 PM
See, to me, this is the kind of thing Zombie needed to address. Not just because we're all insane Halloween fanboys (and fangirls) hanging on every bit of news, but because Dimension has such a long (and fairly consistent) record of ordering ridiculous reshoots and ruining their films. So you don't know whether you should be worried or not when you hear "reshoots" and "Dimension" in the same sentence. So it's good that Zombie takes the time to put these updates out there...and that MIB is so on top of things.

Thats true. But when I heard something along the lines of "6 new deaths, and a new gorey ending", I kind of thought..wtf?. But true enough, Dimension is full of bullshit, so anything is really possible. Either way, Zombies the man for keeping us in the loop.

wyatt s
07-03-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm just thankful that Zombie keeps us in the loop at all. He doesn't have to do that by any means, he could just totally ignore the fanbase altogether and just let us wait for official studio announcements or the like. Granted what he's doing is probably being done more to publicize the film than anything else, but it's still cool that he takes the time.

And yes this re-shoot business was definately something that needed addressing.

scoob
07-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Definitly appreciate it that RZ keeps us informed, being such a high profile name and making a high profile film such as this, it could have been easy for him to just not feed us any info whatsoever.

Wonder if we might be seeing some new stills soon, maybe from the recent shots?

wyatt s
07-03-2007, 07:45 PM
We may see stills soon I suppose, honestly I expect to start seeing a lot of publicity stuff soon. Trailer, pics, interviews, tv spots, etc. That'll all probably start middle to end of this month and than all through august. Atleast that's what I'd expect anyway.

mr32
07-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Yup most likely at the end of the month.

njdevs03champs
07-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Has anyone seen a trailer for the movie yet?

wyatt s
07-03-2007, 10:37 PM
aside from the teaser, there isn't one out yet that I know of.

scoob
07-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Im trying to think of the last Halloween that had a big push behind it, marketing wise and it was H20. I remember Empire magazine, ( I dont know if it is familiar in the US or even in existence now ) and I only brought it because it had a Halloween on the cover and then did a small but, for the time, nice and positive article about the upcoming film.

That was before I had a PC, or even maybe before the internet was as it is today and that simple magazine cover was my only knowledge that there was even another Halloween film coming out.
I cant recall when it was published but was definitly a few months before it came to England, so it hard to balance that type of thing compared to this considering I dont know the dates. Reason of post is I think the promotion should be huge. H20 did well, was recieved well and in my opinion was a good film.
H20 from then on, after I found out about it randomly, was in the papers and had TV advertizements and all the reviews ( not that I take too much care of what they say ) praised it.
This was all done months before any release here, and even before it was released in America.
Maybe, 1998, well its nearly ten years ago and promotion has changed but apart from this months release of Fangoria, what else is covering this?

This is a remake,reimagining,re-do of Halloween - the most brilliant horror movie of all time. They have got to get going on this. If they can finance the marketing for H20 then surely they can start the ball rolling a little on this one and get the unknown movie goer to be interested in it.

Todd
07-04-2007, 07:16 AM
H20 was promoted very heavily.
I remember JLC being on one talk show after another as well as commercials for the movie that started way before the release date.
The most promotion for Ressurection I saw was Busta Rhymes showing up on an episode of WWE Monday Night Raw.
It's time to kick the promoting of RZ's Halloween into high gear.
They seem to be pussy footing around, though, which makes me wonder if they aren't as confident about the Aug, 31 release date as they have led us to believe.

MyersDawg
07-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Hey...im new here. Well not really, I've been lookin at this fourm for like 2 years...but anyways, I'm really looking foward to this movie coming out. At first I was like...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! But after all the things that have been released to us so far, I'm kinda likin what i see. :) And I hope we'll get a full trailer soon.

ALDO
07-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Im trying to think of the last Halloween that had a big push behind it, marketing wise and it was H20. I remember Empire magazine, ( I dont know if it is familiar in the US or even in existence now ) and I only brought it because it had a Halloween on the cover and then did a small but, for the time, nice and positive article about the upcoming film.

That was before I had a PC, or even maybe before the internet was as it is today and that simple magazine cover was my only knowledge that there was even another Halloween film coming out.
I cant recall when it was published but was definitly a few months before it came to England, so it hard to balance that type of thing compared to this considering I dont know the dates. Reason of post is I think the promotion should be huge. H20 did well, was recieved well and in my opinion was a good film.
H20 from then on, after I found out about it randomly, was in the papers and had TV advertizements and all the reviews ( not that I take too much care of what they say ) praised it.
This was all done months before any release here, and even before it was released in America.
Maybe, 1998, well its nearly ten years ago and promotion has changed but apart from this months release of Fangoria, what else is covering this?

This is a remake,reimagining,re-do of Halloween - the most brilliant horror movie of all time. They have got to get going on this. If they can finance the marketing for H20 then surely they can start the ball rolling a little on this one and get the unknown movie goer to be interested in it.

I remember reading an article in a magazine or newspaper 10 year's ago that there was going to be a re-make of Halloween. Even back then i didn't have a problem as it was going to happen someday. The following year Psycho came out. If arguebly the most prestigious and respected horror movie of all time can be re-made, then ANY horror movie can.

Well, obviously, it wasn't a re-make that was released. It was H:20. Not entirely sure where the person who wrote the article got the idea that H:20 was going to be a re-make. Anyway, you're right about H:20. It did seem to get alot of media coverage in the U.K. and mostly positive reviews.

Considering that both H5 and H6 went STV here it was great to see a Halloween movie recieve plenty of airplay.

mr32
07-04-2007, 08:01 AM
Hey...im new here. Well not really, I've been lookin at this fourm for like 2 years...but anyways, I'm really looking foward to this movie coming out. At first I was like...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! But after all the things that have been released to us so far, I'm kinda likin what i see. :) And I hope we'll get a full trailer soon.

Welcome to the borad.