PDA

View Full Version : Tombs of the Blind Dead

MMyers89
06-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Anyone like these movies, directed by Amando de Ossorio?

"In the 13th century there existed a legion of evil knights known as the Templars, who quested for eternal life by drinking human blood and committing sacrifices. Executed for their unholy deeds, the Templars bodies were left out for the crows to peck out their eyes. Now, in modern day Portugal, a group of people stumble on the Templars abandoned monastery, reviving their rotting corpses to terrorize the land."

-Tombs of the Blind Dead
-Return of the Blind Dead
-Ghost Ship of the Blind Dead (aka The Ghost Galleon, sometimes known as Zombie Flesh Eater)
-Night of the Seagulls

I thought the first 2 were great. The zombies are scary as hell, and the atmosphere in them is quite good. Sure, they are pretty cheesy, but that's why these are fun. The 3rd one is pretty boring, and almost devoid of gore, and the 4th was kinda strange and lame, even though it still had a good atmosphere.

There is a 5th one coming out, directed by a different person, but the teaser makes it look as if it sticks pretty close to what the first 4 were.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RS_A61uuLkA

Khan
06-14-2007, 02:27 PM
I almost bought the box set last year at Fan Expo.

I regret not doing that now.

MMyers89
06-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Also, if you plan on watching these, make sure you get the Blue Underground DVD's. They contain the original Portugese versions (with the original editing, gore, and nudity) as well as the English dubbed versions. The Portugese ones have English subtitles.

The English versions have scenes in different orders, and there is less nudity and gore.

I almost bought the box set last year at Fan Expo.

I regret not doing that now.

Yeah, they really are enjoyable films.

Khan
06-14-2007, 03:41 PM
It was only $20 too!

NightmareMan84
06-14-2007, 04:42 PM
I was thinking of buying the boxset when I went to Amoeba Records, but it was $65 dollars and I didn't want to just buy one thing. Oh well, I'll get it eventually and the new one looks pretty bad ass.

oltrelamorte
10-20-2009, 01:23 PM
I've been wanting to see these movies for a few years now. A DVD shop has the box set for $40 but I don't have the extra cash to grab it yet. I really want to get it one of these days.