PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie's Halloween: Discussion VIII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

H-Field Hero
06-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Continuing on from discussion 7 (http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=11321)

In case you haven't checked the news thread at the top of the forum, the official website is now online at http://www.halloween-themovie.com/. Special thanks to Worthystevens for making the announcement.

Enjoy yourselves!

DonaldPismyHero
06-05-2007, 06:50 PM
I just heard about this and I love it! Michael with long hair. Awesome! I'm also really diggin' the poster as well.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/BigCRod19/halloweenremakeposbu0.jpg?t=1181098248

Chaosboy
06-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Continuing on from discussion 7 (http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=11321)

In case you haven't checked the news thread at the top of the forum, the official website is now online at http://www.halloween-themovie.com/. Special thanks to Worthystevens for making the announcement.

Enjoy yourselves!

You really are Worthy stevens ol' boy!!:wave:

Worthystevens
06-05-2007, 07:43 PM
No problem. I'm even more stoked for the movie. In part because of the website, the new Michael Myers' is already scaring the living shit out of me. And I haven't gotten that feeling from a Halloween movie in a long time. I feel joy again.

Frazetta
06-05-2007, 08:07 PM
I am so fucking into that poster!

scoob
06-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I like the look of the website and the poster, nice to see the orange!

I like the images that cover the poster, there seems a lot of pics on there that we havnt seen including Myers in the asylum ( I assume ).

Looks good.

mcilroga
06-05-2007, 08:26 PM
What an awesome as hell flash intro. I like the screams that sound Psycho Shower Scene-esque. Kickass poster as well.

mr32
06-05-2007, 09:56 PM
One Word. Wow!!!!!!!!!

Ana-Matronic
06-05-2007, 10:03 PM
I made a capture of the sitebackground, it's a bit more expanded than the other, can work more for a wallpaper:
http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/5434/image1kc6.th.jpg (http://img479.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image1kc6.jpg)

It's fucking hawt!

Also I love the 70's guitar added to the theme it's amazing.

Man In Black
06-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Looks awesome - definitely beats the floating heads of the last few.

Scoot
06-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Kinda' end of the world feeling...

Interesting.

MyersFan75
06-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Is it just me or does the image of Scout at the bottom of the Myers mask montage in the one-sheet resemble Laurie sitting on the concrete pillar with a pumpkin in the original?

Maybe it's a shot recreation from the new film? IDK. Maybe not. I've circled it, so check it out and express your opinion. Nothing big, just a thought.

Dark Empire
06-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Guys, just a while ago we had people bitching about the GREEN .. see how we have to LEARN to be patient, ME INCLUDED.

Lucifer
06-05-2007, 11:49 PM
WOW what a poster . thats fucking great .Who designed it?

JKwinter
06-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Guys, just a while ago we had people bitching about the GREEN .. see how we have to LEARN to be patient, ME INCLUDED.

Why is it on this message board that whenever someone comments about something, it is referred to as 'bitching or complaining.' I mentioned something about blood earlier, and down the line I found it referred to as complaining. The green looks fine. It used to be blue. Big fuckin deal. It's like walking on pins and needles around here cause whatever gets posted automatically gets labeled as bitching or complaining, or the post is entirely mis-understood.

Is this not a Rob Zombie sub-forum for making comments about his movie?

Anyway, if I may, I wasn't aware until now that the new MM was a long hair.

(The previous comment was in no way meant to be a complaint or a bitch, and was stated on the basis of pure observation - JKwinter.)

In fact, I might as well throw that into my signature.

TheShape'78
06-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Why is it on this message board that whenever someone comments about something, it is referred to as 'bitching or complaining.' I mentioned something about blood earlier, and down the line I found it referred to as complaining. The green looks fine. It used to be blue. Big fuckin deal. It's like walking on pins and needles around here cause whatever gets posted automatically gets labeled as bitching or complaining, or the post is entirely mis-understood.

(The previous comment was in no way meant to be a complaint or a bitch, and was stated on the basis of pure observation - JKwinter.)

my god, stoooooooop biiiiiiiiitchiiiiiiiing.

lol
j/k

but about him having long hair, had you not watched the trailer? it shows him w/ long hair when he is putting the mask on, and the teaser trailer has been out a while now.

-mitch-

JKwinter
06-06-2007, 01:30 AM
How did I know that was coming.

I watched the teaser once: the day it came out. So I guess I didn't notice it cause I'm trying not to perceive too much too soon. When I went to the official page, everything was bigger and clearer on the page. Silly me. And I call myself a fan?:drool:

I guess it goes to show we've all been up and down the block with this discussion.

JamieLloydFan
06-06-2007, 02:32 AM
I love the Intro on the Website. Pure Awesome. Although I'm not to sure about the poster. I like parts of it, but it's a bit busy. It's defintly better than the posters for H20 & ressurection. cant wait till the web site is fully constructed.

Laow-Z
06-06-2007, 03:16 AM
I am in the minority here i guess, i really don't like that poster too much myself. There's nothing "Halloween" about it....not even a pumpkin! Like JLF said it's a bit too busy. A guy with long hair holding a (what looks like) a severed head.......eh, maybe when we see a full size poster we'll see more detail but even the huge mask with the montage doesn't look like Myer's mask.

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 03:30 AM
I am in the minority here i guess, i really don't like that poster too much myself. There's nothing "Halloween" about it....not even a pumpkin! Like JLF said it's a bit too busy. A guy with long hair holding a (what looks like) a severed head.......eh, maybe when we see a full size poster we'll see more detail but even the huge mask with the montage doesn't look like Myer's mask.

realy? it actually seems more around halloween than murders like the last couple did

Husky Hombre
06-06-2007, 03:52 AM

I feel ya...it would have been nice to see the "Halloween" font..but I am liking the orange.The poster has more of an 80's feel (style)to it..similar to the original "Friday The 13th"..in atmosphere..once again I'm stating "atmoshpere/vibe" not a copy.:)

zombie commando
06-06-2007, 03:53 AM
I think the poster's alright. I mean, I've seen better, and I've seen worse. I'm a fan of painted posters myself, which are few and far in between. To me the photoshoped stuff comes off as lazy. I would of been more stoked had the poster of been some painted demented looking pumpkin.

Dark Empire
06-06-2007, 04:33 AM

Observations are ok, but some people take it to the extreme saying it will be a horrible film and how Zombie is changing the color, if your not in that category then it wasnt directed to you. :)

Phatboy41
06-06-2007, 05:11 AM
I actually like the poster a lot. I think the picture of Michael holding the mas kand knife was a risky but good touch. I like the color scheme... my only beef is the huge mask full of images is kind of crazy. I think if they had taken out the images and left Michael standing there the way he is and having the giant mask in front of him (just the mask) without the images in it, it would've been better... that's just my opinion though. Anyone know if this is in fact the final poster and when it will be released to the public?

Psych0ticNemes1s
06-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Awesome new poster. Not as vintage as I would have liked, but Zombie did say that this film was about Myers, NOT Halloween...

Khan
06-06-2007, 05:53 AM
I am in the minority here I guess, I really don't like that poster too much myself.

Add me to that minority.

Observations are ok, but some people take it to the extreme saying it will be a horrible film

As far as the board rules state, both positive and negative opinions are welcome and tolerated.

SicDarko
06-06-2007, 06:26 AM
well, trying to accsess the new site and it won't load, anyone else having that problem?

edit: nevermind.

halo thirty one
06-06-2007, 06:38 AM
I don't like it that much either. The photo montage that makes up Michael's mask gives away some things in the movie that I would like to be surprised about. Also, it suffers from what a lot of other movie posters have been suffering from lately, it's too monochromatic.

Khan
06-06-2007, 06:39 AM
By the time all of the pictures are released, there will be nothing left to spoil.

Muse
06-06-2007, 07:13 AM

Completely agree.

I thought we'd be getting a little more green since we had that on the trailer, and I was loking forward to seeing that change, but orange is still good. However, I'm just not keen on the image. Some of the posters that members on here have whipped up have been better than that. The montage of the mask just doesn't look right, imo. Believe me, I'm not bitching about the movie, or anything like that, I just think it's a little, meh. I've had nothing but praise so far, and this is the first thing that I've not really been a fan of.

Still, I'm glad it's completely different to all the previous ones. Kinda wipes all that continuity away all the more. And I know it's only a poster, but it still does that for me.

So, everythings looking good overall so far. Just the poster that's looking a little basic for me. I'd rather see one of the ones that members of the board have mad hanging from the wall in my cinema though. They just look more professional.

NightmareMan84
06-06-2007, 07:30 AM
I love it. Much better than the posters for H20 and Resurrection which were just copies of the ones for Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and Urban Legend.

Todd
06-06-2007, 07:43 AM
I think the poster is too complicated.
There's just way too much going on.
Three words: Keep it simple.

Man In Black
06-06-2007, 07:50 AM
A couple of things I can see in the montage...
• Adult Michael in his dressing gown and "escape" mask strangling someone.
• Young Michael wearing the pristine white Myers mask and his clown costume
So the poster has a double purpose - an advertising tool and a puzzle.:D

Nightmare13
06-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Is the website down for anyone else?

The_Mad_Butcher
06-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Michael from behind, looking at something and holding his mask in his left hand and a knife in his right...where have I seen that before? Right! My fan poster!:
http://img128.imagevenue.com/loc418/th_45395_HALLOWEEN_REMAKE_POSTER_122_418lo.jpg (http://img128.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45395_HALLOWEEN_REMAKE_POSTER_122_41 8lo.jpg)

Should I sue? (lol kidding)

Man In Black
06-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Is the website down for anyone else?

Yes, it doesn't seem to be working at the minute - possibly updating it or maybe someone fell asleep on the keyboard and deleted all the server contents...:roflmao:

Todd 78
06-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Great Poster .... I love it. Plus its is Orange. I am one of those people who doesn't like the green fon't. I think Orange when I hear Halloween, so I am pleased. Plus the imagery looks scary, and not like a Scream clone again.

Nightmare13
06-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Damn! Really want to check it out... I hope it's back up soon.

scoob
06-06-2007, 08:15 AM
I do like the poster but I can see why some are not too impressed aswell.

But for what it is, I like it. I'm sure there will be others.

Nightmare13
06-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Halloween is next month's cover story in Fangoria.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8217/halloweenfangoriacovergh5.jpg

Lucifer
06-06-2007, 08:32 AM
I like all the writting at the top aswell

MischievousSpirit
06-06-2007, 09:13 AM

The more I see that mask, the more it reminds me of ol' Big Neck from H5! Does anyone else see that too? Or am I :crazy: ?

sarah_1980
06-06-2007, 09:14 AM

that just might be worth spendin $13 :nodsmile:

Muse
06-06-2007, 09:15 AM
The more I see that mask, the more it reminds me of ol' Big Neck from H5! Does anyone else see that too? Or am I :crazy: ?

Haha, now that you've said it...

It does have a slight look of it, but this time around, the mask is actually good, not like ol' big neck, that was shit aswell as having a giant neck.

Man In Black
06-06-2007, 09:21 AM
The actual one sheet...
http://robzombieshalloween.net/finalonesheet.jpg
I think I may have figured out the MPAA's problem - the other image we've seen from the website could possibly be construed as Michael holding a severed head in his hand. Now the mask looks considerably floppier and has slight light coming through the eye holes.

mr32
06-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks for that update MIB.

Psych0ticNemes1s
06-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Michael from behind, looking at something and holding his mask in his left hand and a knife in his right...where have I seen that before? Right! My fan poster!:
http://img128.imagevenue.com/loc418/th_45395_HALLOWEEN_REMAKE_POSTER_122_418lo.jpg (http://img128.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45395_HALLOWEEN_REMAKE_POSTER_122_41 8lo.jpg)

Should I sue? (lol kidding)

Wow, did you paint that? Friggn awesome...

MischievousSpirit
06-06-2007, 09:44 AM
The actual one sheet...
I think I may have figured out the MPAA's problem - the other image we've seen from the website could possibly be construed as Michael holding a severed head in his hand. Now the mask looks considerably floppier and has slight light coming through the eye holes.

My only question is: Where's the Hi Res version? :D

zombie commando
06-06-2007, 09:54 AM
They should of stuck to "The night HE came home." as a tagline.

MMyers89
06-06-2007, 10:04 AM

The posters for Halloween's 4, 5, and 6 didn't have pumpkins or anything either.

I like the poster quite a bit, much better than H20 or H8, but my one complaint is that is sorta looks fan made, and not quite "real" if you get what I'm saying.

Roswell
06-06-2007, 10:12 AM
The poster is good. Not as classic as the posters for H1-H4 were, but it's soooo much better than the ones for H5-Resurrection.

If I have anything to complain about it, it would be that it kind of resembles the poster for TCM: The Beginning. Maybe that was the intention seeing as how we're seeing more of Michael's past now. Who knows.

temp19
06-06-2007, 10:51 AM
The poster is good. Not as classic as the posters for H1-H4 were, but it's soooo much better than the ones for H5-Resurrection.

If I have anything to complain about it, it would be that it kind of resembles the poster for TCM: The Beginning. Maybe that was the intention seeing as how we're seeing more of Michael's past now. Who knows.
H4 and H5 were pretty much the same poster so I do not know how you can put H4 in one group and H5 in the other hahah. I think this poster looks awesome, now is that Tyler Mane holding the mask or Rob Zombie? Because I think it could be either one.

Roswell
06-06-2007, 10:53 AM
H4 and H5 were pretty much the same poster so I do not know how you can put H4 in one group and H5 in the other hahah.

Except H5 had Jamie on the front looking totally clueless and in her clown costume as well. Kind of ruined it for me.

Man In Black
06-06-2007, 11:00 AM
To the best of my eyesight the cast credits read:

MALCOLM MCDOWELL / SHERI MOON ZOMBIE / TYLER MANE / SCOUT TAYLOR-COMPTON / BRAD DOURIF / DANIELLE HARRIS / AND WILLIAM FORSYTHE

Phatboy41
06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know when the poster will be out for public release. And the final finished version of the poster is awesome IMO. The first pictures we were seeing the house was too distorted and the mask with the montage of pictures wasn't clear at all... not I am really liking what I am seeing. I am also going to purchase the new fangoria, looks cool.

Man In Black
06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
I just watched the teaser on the official site and when it finishes the pane fades out, then the theme kicks back in and it sounds a lot more refined than the one we're used to - no massive difference but a slight one. The piano doesn't sound as out of tune if you know what I mean. There is also a "register for updates" link on the site now - but I don't think its active yet so keep trying back.

halo thirty one
06-06-2007, 11:36 AM
The posters for Halloween's 4, 5, and 6 didn't have pumpkins or anything either.
Actually the H4 poster does have a very little jack-o-lantern on it. Basically it's a recreation of Michael chasing Laurie from the Wallace house and the pumpkin is on the front porch. Great scene, great poster, both are favorites of mine.

Thurisaz
06-06-2007, 11:36 AM
I just watched the teaser on the official site and when it finishes the pane fades out, then the theme kicks back in and it sounds a lot more refined than the one we're used to - no massive difference but a slight one. The piano doesn't sound as out of tune if you know what I mean. There is also a "register for updates" link on the site now - but I don't think its active yet so keep trying back.

Yes, you're right about the themes. I added the newer one to the music section as well.

Khan
06-06-2007, 11:44 AM
If I have anything to complain about it, it would be that it kind of resembles the poster for TCM: The Beginning

This isn't the first time I have seen TCM references when it comes to the remake.

PG Soul
06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
The poster looks pretty similar to the 13 Ghosts poster.

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 12:35 PM
sort of i dont realy think it looks much like anything

Khan
06-06-2007, 12:47 PM
The poster looks pretty similar to the 13 Ghosts poster.

Yeah, I didn't notice that until you mentioned it.

PG Soul
06-06-2007, 01:05 PM
It's a decent enough poster, I'm sure it looks much more effective on paper than it does on the monitor screen.

I guess there will be further theatrical posters to follow...

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-06-2007, 01:23 PM
And as for your stance on the film being ever steady never faultering, well thats just a damn LIE. Please dont mistake me being new to this board as an omition to my ignorance to the ambivalent views of nearly eveybody on this board sans Rob Zombie fans early on. You fell into the "I'm gonna wait and see how it is as well as everybody else should" after the fact. Even early on when you were more vocal about how you couldnt back zombie being behind this movie due to his amturish first two entries into the genre, I said to my self you all will be singing a different tune once I had figured what rob was trying to do by keeping fans updated on the films production. In fact If I remember correctly you were one of the main senior board members lampooning agaisnt this film but came to the latter more reasable conclusion possibly after reading how rediculous it sounds to judge a film before you have seen it as did I.
You, sir, are full of shit.

If you can quote me railing against this project, I'll give you every cent I have in the bank and my entire DVD collection.

But you can't...because I never did. I've been consistent. I'm one of the few here whop has been...so that means that you're making shit up. If you wanna call me a fucking liar, you'd better find a way to back it up. Otherwise, shut it up.

Goddamn fuckin' newbies. No wonder this place is going to hell.

H-Field Hero
06-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Looks awesome - definitely beats the floating heads of the last few.Yes, hopefully we've fully pulled out of that era of poster designing.

The poster is pretty interesting. It has a 'big scale' or epic feel to it. Not epic as in insanely epic like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars. But epic as far as horror films go. Rob previously used the word 'epic' to describe the film and I wasn't sure if he was just throwing out nice words to pat his film on the back of if that was actually how the film was looking as it was being cut together. Certainly we expected this film to have a larger scope/feel to it than the original, but it could have a scope when it's all said and done. The large cast adds to this theory as well.

Also, bad ass job on the new banner, forum colors, and forum logo TJ!

Laow-Z
06-06-2007, 01:50 PM
The banner is pretty cool.....cept for the huge fireball:bastard:

MMyers89
06-06-2007, 01:54 PM

Haha, it DOES look like a huge explosion is taking place in the distance!

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 01:58 PM

holy shit it realy does

Dark Empire
06-06-2007, 02:07 PM

:bow:

mcilroga
06-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I've kind of turned around a little and now have mixed feelings about the poster. I did prefer the green, but the poster could have been so much worse as well. I'm content though, because well: it's just a fuckin' poster.

Secondly, I am not sure what Neematoad is ranting about. It's like Zombie can't win either way. Think about it, would you rather be heavily involved in a Halloween project or ostracized from it completely. Rob Zombie in in a lose-lose situation, but I am happy with his decisions thus far (safe for a few), and considering the filmmaking process is such an integral part of gaining appreciation or dissatisfaction with any upcoming movie, am glad we as fans have been thought about. Besides, didn't Zombie do this with The Devils Rejects as well? I sure as hell wouldn't be surprised if he was all over his MySpace page for that one either.

Thirdly, great work Deadpool, I love the banner. It's great to see so many changes to the forum made as the movie gets closer and closer, and for a message board, it gets me pretty damn pumped for a movie. :D

Sorry, man. ;)

The Frightmaster
06-06-2007, 02:19 PM
I was getting use to the green. But I guess orange is fine too. I guess it's has a more halloween feel to it then green does. I'm not to thrilled about the poster, it just doesn't impress me that much.

Todd
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM

If you can quote me railing against this project, I'll give you every cent I have in the bank and my entire DVD collection.

But you can't...because I never did. I've been consistent. I'm one of the few here whop has been...so that means that you're making shit up. If you wanna call me a fucking liar, you'd better find a way to back it up. Otherwise, shut it up.

Don't worry about it.
Those of us who really matter know the truth.
I don't recall you ever bashing the idea of Rob Zombie doing a remake, but even if you did, so what?
Opinions can evolve as more information becomes available.
There's not a thing wrong with that.
If this guy (or gal?) can quote you as bashing this, even early on, let them do so.
If not, like you said, he or she should just STFU.

Khan
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Besides, didn't Zombie do this with The Devils Rejects as well? I sure as hell wouldn't be surprised if he was all over his MySpace page for that one either.

For TDR, an company formerly called Fanpimp (now "Be Affinitive!") was used, and there was a message board created and a site for the "Reject's Army" (which I was a member of), where you did challenges, earned points and got free stuff.

Neematoad
06-06-2007, 02:29 PM

This is so small but you wanna go there fine. You know how I know your lying right now are rather your memory is fucked up. Becuase I spoke to your ass personally about it at the time thats how I mother fuckin know, now what you have to say. A friend of mine had an acount here so I use to logg in under his name when I was at his house becuase I didnt have my own computer. I pmed your dumbass becuase you seemed to be the most vocal about not wanting anything to do with this film . It was around the same time as that faux trailer popped up for this film which had tunred out to be fake. I sent like 3 or 4 pms with you becuase you were stubborn as hell about your opinion despite genral production about the film not even having started yet. I said somthing along the lines of "You can't with a straight face not admit that your not in the least bit looking forward to this film" and you in your I know more then everybody else about anything having to do with this franchise way said you wanted no part of it. And you were so godamn stubborn about it I just fucking knew you would be the one or the other senior members included would either punk out when rob actually came down to the board to talk wiht people or when you actually saw some footage or anything.

So sit the hell down. It wasnt even that serious but you made me go there. Thats how I know. Now.

mcilroga
06-06-2007, 02:34 PM
This is so small but you wanna go there fine. You know how I know your lying right now are rather your memory is fucked up. Becuase I spoke to your ass personally about it at the time thats how I mother fuckin know, now what you have to say. A friend of mine had an acount here so I use to logg in under his name when I was at his house becuase I didnt have my own computer. I pmed your dumbass becuase you seemed to be the most vocal about not wanting anything to do with this film . It was around the same time as that faux trailer popped up for this film which had tunred out to be fake. I sent like 3 or 4 pms with you becuase you were stubborn as hell about your opinion despite genral production about the film not even having started yet. I said somthing along the lines of "You can't with a straight face not admit that your not in the least bit looking forward to this film" and you in your I know more then everybody else about anything having to do with this franchise way said you wanted no part of it. And you were so godamn stubborn about it I just fucking knew you would be the one or the other senior members included would either punk out when rob actually came down to the board to talk wiht people or when you actually saw some footage or anything.

So sit the hell down. It wasnt even that serious but you made me go there. Thats how I know. Now.

Account username? Log in and Print Screen the PM, baby. ;)

Because the story is pretty unbelievable as it stands.

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 02:36 PM
cmon guys just both shut up

The Frightmaster
06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Can't we all just get along??? :kiss:

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Can't we all just get along??? :kiss:

thank you

Neematoad
06-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Account username? Log in and Print Screen the PM, baby. ;)

I dont have all that shit becuase it wasnt my acount. His acount name was Thornmember though, thats what I do know. And I used his screen name to post in here every now and again. Why would I have saved the pm's from his acount?

I honestly dont care whom beleives me and whom doesnt. I was there I know what I said and what he said. thats all I need. Call me a liar what ever you want I know its true so Im not tripping about it. Its not even that serious to me. thats your boy so you guys are gonna crep from the deptjs of all parts of this board like the thriller video to defend him dispite the matter being trivial and not concerning any of you that has responded thus far.

Roswell
06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Its not even that serious to me.

:bigeyes: It sure doesn't look that way.

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
I dont have all that shit becuase it wasnt my acount. His acount name was Thornmember though, thats what I do know. And I used his screen name to post in here every now and again. Why would I have saved the pm's from his acount?

I honestly dont care whom beleives me and whom doesnt. I was there I know what I said and what he said. thats all I need. Call me a liar what ever you want I know its true so Im not tripping about it. Its not even that serious to me.

then stop talking about it

Frazetta
06-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Well, isn't this one big mess??? Isn't there, like, a new fucking Halloween movie we can all talk about?

Roswell
06-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Well, isn't this one big mess??? Isn't there, like, a new fucking Halloween movie we can all talk about?

Yeah.

Here's a topic for you:

Where are all the damn floating heads that are supposed to be in the poster? I demand floating heads!

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 02:42 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hes right:eek:

Frazetta
06-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah.

Here's a topic for you:

Where are all the damn floating heads that are supposed to be in the poster? I demand floating heads! Well, it does kinda look like Michael walking towards a huge floating maks made out of different pictures :nodsmile:

Neematoad
06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
So what he brought it back up. It was never that serious to me becuase I knew I was right. So all of his little buddies can drop it and commence to talking about the movie again. That is until EOTL comes back in here starts the shit up again and his buddies come to the rescue. that was the smaller part of a comment a made about the movie, peopel want to keep dragging it on and on its nto my problem just becuase I have a difference in opinion.

Now its over as dead as far as Im concerned.

And as for the movie my only problem with the one sheet was the blatenty photoshopped mask image in his hands which has been fixed on the one sheet.

mcilroga
06-06-2007, 02:49 PM

No need to get all defensive, I was merely asking a question. You don't save PMs, they automatically get saved for you. So they would still be there unless you took the time to go into the account's inbox and physically delete them. Which, in following your story, you logically wouldn't do as you only logged in "every once in a while." I don't mean to argue this to the death as it isn't even my fight, I'm just saying... because I am indeed intrigued.

I honestly dont care whom beleives me and whom doesnt. I was there I know what I said and what he said. thats all I need. Call me a liar what ever you want I know its true so Im not tripping about it. Its not even that serious to me. thats your boy so you guys are gonna crep from the deptjs of all parts of this board like the thriller video to defend him dispite the matter being trivial and not concerning any of you that has responded thus far.

Thanks for the speech. Funny thing is, I didn't call you a liar so yeah, that's that. Nice reference to the Thriller video as well, apparently we creep up on you to defend EOTL when he has been defending himself all along. Oh, wait... when did I defend EOTL at all?

The Frightmaster
06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
What the board needs now is love sweet love....sing along. lol

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
This is so small but you wanna go there fine. You know how I know your lying right now are rather your memory is fucked up. Becuase I spoke to your ass personally about it at the time thats hwo I mother fuckign know, now what you have to say. A friend of mine had an acount here so I use to logg in under his name when I was at his house becuase I didnt have my own computer. I pmed your dumbass becuase you seemed to be the most vocal about not wanting anything to do with this film . It was around the same time as that faux trailer popped up for this film which had tunred out to be fake. I sent like 3 or 4 pms with you becuase you were stubborn as hell about your opinion despite genral production about the film not even havign started yet. I said somthing along the lines of .

"You can't with a straight face not admit that your not in the least bit looking forward to this film" and you in your I know more then everybody else about anything having to do with this franchise way said you wnated no part of it. So sit the hell down. It wasnt even that serious but you made me go there. Thats how I know. Now.
Now you're fucking lying your ass off.

I shouldn't even justify your bullshit with a response. But the truth is, I first heard about this project from TJ. He pager-messaged me and told me about it...and he can attest to the fact that my first reaction...seconds after hearing about it from him...was that it had potential, and that it sounded better than a sequel. I then went to the Zombie Halloween thread...which I didn't even know about until TJ told me, and said the same fucking thing.

PROOF (not that I need to prove anything to you): Scroll down to see my VERY FIRST post on Zombie's Halloween. (http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=8419&page=10)

If anything, it's optimistic. Uncharacteristically enthusiastic, even. So...now everyone can see what a lying bitch you are. But then, they already knew that.

Neematoad
06-06-2007, 02:54 PM
No need to get all defensive, I was merely asking a question. You don't save PMs, they automatically get saved for you. So they would still be there unless you took the time to go into the account's inbox and physically delete them. Which, in following your story, you logically wouldn't do as you only logged in "every once in a while." I don't mean to argue this to the death as it isn't even my fight, I'm just saying... because I am indeed intrigued.

Thanks for the speech. Funny thing is, I didn't call you a liar so yeah, that's that. Nice reference to the Thriller video as well, apparently we creep up on you to defend EOTL when he has been defending himself all along. Oh, wait... when did I defend EOTL at all?

That wasnt nessecerily directed at you. I thought you were one of his board brothers that wanted to engage in verbal fisticuffs this small ass matter. Personally I dont really care, he called me a liar when I knew I was right and nobody else knew how I knew what I was right. I didnt want to drag it on b cuase ti had nothing to do with the freakin film.

Its really not that serious to me. Im just shocked at how much of a "thing" it became. But thats a small thing. becuase I said at the time I spoke with him, he will be saying differently when things go under way and I was right about it.

Man In Black
06-06-2007, 02:54 PM
You can now fill in one of those "get updates" forms on the official site. I don't know what updates you will get (I fill these in now and again for a film I'm interested in and rarely get anything about them) but its working anyway.

Neematoad
06-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Now you're fucking lying your ass off.

I shouldn't even justify your bullshit with a response. But the truth is, I first heard about this project from TJ. He pager-messaged me and told me about it...and he can attest to the fact that my first reaction...seconds after hearing about it from him...was that it had potential, and that it sounded better than a sequel. I then went to the Zombie Halloween thread...which I didn't even know about until TJ told me, and said the same fucking thing.

PROOF (not that I need to prove anything to you): Scroll down to see my VERY FIRST post on Zombie's Halloween. (http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=8419&page=10)

If anything, it's optimistic. Uncharacteristically enthusiastic, even. So...now everyone can see what a lying bitch you are. But then, they already knew that. You can say what ever the hell you want to say in here to try and save face but I spoke with you like 3 or 4 times oen right after the other ont he matter and ou were as bull headed about that as you are about this. Dont mess aroudn and make your self look foolish just becuase you dont remember. You had the fucking sid vicious avatar when I was talking to you and I pmed you the faux trailer and asked "you mena to tell me that even this doesnt get you a little excited for the this film going under way" or somethign allong thise lines and you were all wordy and self riteous about it like you allways are basicall saying no. Now I didnt know then if you that you were bullshitting me and just giving me a hard time becuase you like to argue which Im starting to beleive or you just truely were being that rediculous about the movie but its true becuase I knew you would be singign a different tune come time for release.

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 02:58 PM
my god both of you shutup. if you want to justify his story pm thornmember.

Neematoad
06-06-2007, 03:01 PM
my god both of you shutup. if you want to justify his story pm thornmember.

Your right Im gonna shut up about it becuse its stupid. But I had to prove a point. If you have anything else to say about it evil on two legs pm me about it becuase I'm not trying to clutter up this thread with this nonsence.

Thurisaz
06-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Neematoad is either a liar or has a bad memory. And I can provide proof if necessary, but let's just drop it everyone ok?

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 03:09 PM
what will become of this movie in 20 years?

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-06-2007, 03:10 PM
You can say what ever the hell you want to say in here to try and save face but I spoke with you like 3 or 4 times oen right after the other ont he matter and ou were as bull headed about that as you are about this. Dont mess aroudn and make your self look foolish just becuase you dont remember. You had the fucking sid vicious avatar when I was talking to you and I pmed you the faux trailer and asked "you mena to tell me that even this doesnt get you a little excited for the this film going under way" or somethign allong thise lines and you were all wordy and self riteous about it like you allways are basicall saying no. Now I didnt know then if you that you were bullshitting me and just giving me a hard time becuase you like to argue which Im starting to beleive or you just truely were being that rediculous about the movie but its true becuase I knew you would be singign a different tune come time for release.
I never had a Sid Vicious avatar until November of last year. I know because the only one I had was after I dressed as Sid for Halloween. And I've been consistently neutral/optimistic about this project since June of last year. And it's all over the board for anyone who can run a search. The post I linked to is from June 10, 2005. And I've held the same stance ever since. Again, anyone can attest to that. I got into huge debates with people who were bashing the idea...right from the beginning. It's on the open board, for fucksake.

I don't necessarily pay attention to every random member who PM's me, so I can't remember if you ever did, under whatever name you claim to have. But I've never said anything negative regarding this project. So you're lying about that. Again, look at the board...you say that you PM'ed me because I was talking shit about the project on the board. Show me where. You can't.

And the reason I'm not letting this go is because you're calling me a fucking liar, and you're fucking lying to back it up. I don't accept your bullshit. So seriously...point to one post where I talked shit about this project. I already linked to my first post on the subject...and it was positive. So if you're not completely full of shit, show everyone where I talked shit about it. But you can't...because you are.

Neematoad is either a liar or has a bad memory. And I can provide proof if necessary, but let's just drop it everyone ok?
Thanks. You were the first person I talked to about it, so you should know better than anyone.

On the topic of the film, I dig the poster. I'm glad they've decided to scrap the "cast line-up" theme that's seemingly been used on every Dimension slasher poster for the past ten years.

ghettomyers
06-06-2007, 03:11 PM
oooooooooooook well anyways, i fail to see where the pic is wit lil mikey and the pristine mask, if u will

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 03:16 PM

can you so we can get back onto the movie

Neematoad
06-06-2007, 03:16 PM
I never had a Sid Vicious avatar until November of last year. I know because the only one I had was after I dressed as Sid for Halloween. And I've been consistently neutral/optimistic about this project since June of last year. And it's all over the board for anyone who can run a search. The post I linked to is from June 10, 2005. And I've held the same stance ever since. Again, anyone can attest to that. I got into huge debates with people who were bashing the idea...right from the beginning. It's on the open board, for fucksake.

I don't necessarily pay attention to every random member who PM's me, so I can't remember if you ever did, under whatever name you claim to have. But I've never said anything negative regarding this project. So you're lying about that. Again, look at the board...you say that you PM'ed me because I was talking shit about the project on the board. Show me where. You can't.

And the reason I'm not letting this go is because you're calling me a fucking liar, and you're fucking lying to back it up. I don't accept your bullshit. So seriously...point to one post where I talked shit about this project. I already linked to my first post on the subject...and it was positive. So if you're not completely full of shit, show everyone where I talked shit about it. But you can't...because you are.

On the topic of the film, I dig the poster. I'm glad they've decided to scrap the "cast line-up" theme that's seemingly been used on every Dimension slasher poster for the past ten years.

You may not be a liar but you but you have a bad memory. becuase I sincerley believe you just dont remember having the discussion but your not going to tell me Im wrong on something I know for a fact to be true, simple as that. You can raise any kind of hell that you want. I already told you what was what with that and this so, do with that what you will. I think you just don't like to be wrong which I knew back when I spoke with which is why I even tried to appeal to you about the damn movie at the time. But I already said what I had to say if you want to continue PM me becuase Im not making this little as matter anybigger hen I already have, becuase you nor the matter is that important as far as Im concerned.

And most importantly what reason would I have to lie about any of this.

I'll say ti again PM me if you have anything else to say on the matter even though the shit is boring to me.

Thurisaz
06-06-2007, 03:19 PM
I can restore Private Messages deleted from users. There was indeed a PM conversation between EOTL and Thornmember. Here it is.

Thonmember
Scince I couldnt seem to get you to understand what I ment about just needing a taste of this film to come.

This is what I ment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp5ZXbH1Rto&eurl=

Its not even real and it makes me excited to see this film.

EOTL
Well, if something that actually has nothing to do with the film that's being made gets you excited, good deal. I don't need that, or anything else. I'm excited by the potential of the concept. That's enough for me. But whatever it takes to get you excited, good to hear it.

Thornmember
So you mean to tell me you didnt like it. It had no effect on you whats so ever. does this not feed your anticipation.

EOTL
No it doesn't. Why should it? It has nothing to do with the film. They've barely started scouting locations. No one is cast. They're scarcely into pre-production. Right now, there's a script...and a lot of potential. That's it. And that little bit of superfluous video didn't change my perspective in the least.

I know that some people can get all excited by teaser trailers, even if they consist of no more than a giant logo and a triumphant piece of score. I'm not one of them. To me, this is even less effective than a screen shot...because there isn't a single thing in this video that will be in Zombie's film. I fail to see what's exciting about that.

Thornmember
Yeah all right robocop I get it your amune to the hubub and excitement , apperently your above christmas eve syndrome so to speak. or your just very synicle one of those. Its all right, I get it your to mature to be involved amungst the buzz. Well played

EOTL
I'm excited about the film...I just don't need bogus promo material to become excited. As I said, the potential of the film is enough to get me psyched for it.

Not once does he say he's against the remake.

Now fucking drop this.

H-Field Hero
06-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Alright guys, we can't have pages of this thread dedicated to something that supposedly took place years ago. People do come here to discuss the film believe it or not :p. All I can say is this: EOTL is a pal of mine and we've been posters on this board for many a year, but I'm not a member of his fan club or someone who comes to the rescue whenever another person disagrees with him. Now, with that said, I don't recall EOTL ever bashing the idea of a remake. For one thing, the idea of a remake wasn't really discussed all that much until this whole story broke in 2006. Sure, we considered the idea on the UHMB and OHMB, but it wasn't something that was debated heavily (not unless I'm having a memory lapse).

Either way, who really gives a shit? Neither of you sound like you have any reason to lie, but obviously someone is.. or exaggerating. But again, who cares. Since Rob Zombie's Halloween became realized as the next Halloween film in the series EOTL has kept his feelings constant. I know this, because his feelings on the film closely mirror my own. Neither of us are acting like giddy fanboys over it, but we are happy to see a potentially different and effective Halloween film. One that at least has to be better than H:R.

Now let's cut this out. No one's board reputation is at stake here.

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-06-2007, 03:23 PM
I can restore Private Messages deleted from users. There was indeed a PM conversation between EOTL and Thornmember. Here it is.

Not once does he say he's against the remake.

Now fucking drop this.
I do remember this. Thank you for posting it.

Point proven.

Neematoad
06-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Um obviously you dont know the context of the damn conversation.

I emailed him becuase he was going on about hwo he wasnt lookign forawrd to the film which is wh I said

So you mean to tell me you didnt like it. It had no effect on you whats so ever. does this not feed your anticipation

After sending him the link to the video.

To which he still beign stobborn says
No it doesn't. Why should it? It has nothing to do with the film. They've barely started scouting locations. No one is cast. They're scarcely into pre-production. Right now, there's a script...and a lot of potential. That's it. And that little bit of superfluous video didn't change my perspective in the least.

And goes on and on about how he is still not conviced that the movie will be good further down in his message to which my whole argument in the first place was shouldnt you just be excited to see michael back on the big screen.

Dont fucking tell em what I said I know what I said.

Neematoad
06-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Why the fuck do you think I botherd asking you if that fake trailer made you even the least bit excited about the film to wich you reppled no.

You just didnt rememebr. I know what the fuck I said. That was my whole point of emailing him becuase he wasnt looking forward to this movie. So thank you for pullign it up and provign my point. He wsnt behind it originally which is why I emailed him about ti to begin with.

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Um obviously you dont know the context of the damn conversation.

I emailed him becuase he was going on about hwo he wasnt lookign forawrd to the film which is wh I said

After sending him the link to the video.

To which he still beign stobborn says

And goes on and on about how he is still not conviced that the movie will be good further down in his message to which my whole argument in the first place was shouldnt you just be excited to see michael back on the big screen.

Dont fucking tell em what I said I know what I said.
Now you're just lying for the sake of lying.

Pathetic.

Not caring about the fake trailer and not caring about the film are two different things. I said I was already excited about the film...I didn't need a fake trailer to get me excited.

Period.

It's all there.

The Frightmaster
OMG...end it already!!!

mmyers666
Neematoad SHUT THE FUCK UP

Khan
06-06-2007, 03:29 PM
what will become of this movie in 20 years?

If it is a stand alone movie with no sequals, it will be lumped in with every other remake ever made.

Then again, in 20 years, they will probably remake the remake.

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-06-2007, 03:29 PM
OMG...end it already!!!
TJ already ended it.

Unfortunately, that's not good enough for someone.

Thurisaz
06-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Neematoad, you may have lost the war here but you won a battle. It seems as if now you only misspell 65% of your words as opposed the 90% you had going back in November! Congrats on that!

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 03:31 PM
what if they do do sequals

Neematoad
06-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Now you're just lying for the sake of lying.

Pathetic.

Not caring about the fake trailer and not caring about the film are two different things. I said I was already excited about the film...I didn't need a fake trailer to get me excited.

Period.

It's all there.

Thats right dumbass, you didnt even remember messaging me about it in the first place. You wasnt looking forward to the movie which is why I sent you the fucking link asking you if that made you excited about the movie even in the least bit IN THE FIRST MOTHERFUCKING PLACE . Thats the whole reason I massaged you becuase ou were beign negative abotu the movie. and you said it didnt now your saying somethign completely different, you cant be that unwilling to admitt o being wrong that you can tsee that. Thats the onyl reason I even remember who the hell you are becuase you were so vocal about not want ting to see the film which si whyb yiu replyed with the resposne you did . You still dont fucking remember so what are talking about

And Im not dropping it becuase the fucking message is right there and your still not sucking it up and admitting you just ddidnt remember your stance on the film becuase you want to feel like your right all the time. Its right fuckig there

H-Field Hero
06-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Okay, from here on out anymore posts dealing with this are going to be deleted so there's no point in even trying to squeeze in the last word.

And for the future. Whenever something like this is happening we don't need people saying "omgz fighting!!!2@3#$" or "END IT, PLEASE END IT!!!!!" or "Can't we all just get along" (or a number of other dopey comments). It's a board arguement. It's not the first one and it won't be the last one. It's not the end of the world or the board as we know it and won't be treated as such.

Thurisaz
06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
And Im not dropping it becuase the fucking message is right there and your still nto sucking it up and admitting you just ddidnt remember your stance on the film becuase you want to feel like your right all the time. Its right fuckig there

Ouch. Seems as though your spelling prowess has INCREASED and your reading prowess has DECREASED. You need to work on that. But you'll have to do that in other threads for a while as I've effectively neutered your ability to do it in this thread for one week.

Khan
06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
what if they do sequals

Then there will be a fourth storyline in the series to further confuse people.

TheShape66
06-06-2007, 03:38 PM
In an attempt to get things back on track, I just caught the poster and website today and I have to say they're both f*cking great and have really increased my perception tenfold that this movie is going to just plain rock!!!!

Todd
06-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I was gone for a few hours.
Did I miss anything?

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 03:48 PM
dont ask. anyway when will the official trailer be relised. i heard it will be with 1408

Thurisaz
06-06-2007, 03:50 PM
I was gone for a few hours.
Did I miss anything?

New poster with a great collage/mask/nuke on it!

Phatty Matty
06-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I love being gone from the internet for the last week or so, come back, find a just plain awesome poster for the movie and people are already bitching about it.

Haha, man...

Thurisaz
06-06-2007, 04:05 PM
I love being gone from the internet for the last week or so, come back, find a just plain awesome poster for the movie and people are already bitching about it.

Haha, man...

I like how the faces above the left eye seem to spell out TCM while the hairline seems the have the words LEATHERFACE and IHEARTTOBEHOOPER hidden amongst the shadows.

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I think the poster looks great. After the lackluster posters we've been getting in this series lately, it's awesome to see something a bit more evocative.

I like how the faces above the left eye seem to spell out TCM while the hairline seems the have the words LEATHERFACE and IHEARTTOBEHOOPER hidden amongst the shadows.
And that chainsaw blade hidden in the flames is fuckin' badass...you just have to squint a bit to see it.

SLAB
06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I like the collage on the poster, don't really dig the silhouette of Michael holding the mask though. If that part of it were gone, I'd like it more.

Todd
06-06-2007, 04:12 PM
New poster with a great collage/mask/nuke on it!
Yeah, I saw it.
My wife posts on some soap opera message board, so just for shits and giggles, I started a thread about the upcoming movie. I actually posted some pictures of it and also the poster. I thought I'd catch hell from the moderators and thread would get deleted, but it's now two pages long.
Who knew that soap opera chicks were also horror movie fans?

mmyers666
06-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I saw it.
My wife posts on some soap opera message board, so just for shits and giggles, I started a thread about the upcoming movie. I actually posted some pictures of it and also the poster. I thought I'd catch hell from the moderators and thread would get deleted, but it's now two pages long.
Who knew that soap opera chicks were also horror movie fans?

alot of chicks that like soap opera like horror movies for some reson. i thought it was just the people around north carloina?

wyatt s
06-06-2007, 04:49 PM
I guess I like the poster, but personally I couldn't careless. It's not that I think that posters aren't interesting it's just that in my view a poster has no actual baring on whether I'll like a film or not and thus I don't find them important in any way. I like the look of it and all and there is some cool elements about it, but in the long run it doesn't really matter to me whether the poster is good or not. So in the end I can take it or leave it. Sorry if this post kind of rambles a little, work took a lot out of me today. I'm pretty sure that the point is clear though.

samhain51
06-06-2007, 04:51 PM
This Is what I wanted from the get go ! Right now the theme is playing in the back ground and Im getting chills !!!!!! Thank you Rob!!!!!

Frazetta
06-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I like how the faces above the left eye seem to spell out TCM while the hairline seems the have the words LEATHERFACE and IHEARTTOBEHOOPER hidden amongst the shadows. Don't forget the Carpenter fears Hooper & I HATE Marcus Nispel spellings above the right eye.

Khan
06-06-2007, 06:07 PM
And that chainsaw blade hidden in the flames is fuckin' badass...you just have to squint a bit to see it.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7/tcmpreqhx5.jpg

Michael stands holding the mask and Leatherface stands holding the chainsaw.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9549/thirteenghostsver13lume0.jpg

The face collage is the basically the same.

Ray Charles could have seen the similarities.

metaldrumz
06-06-2007, 06:15 PM
http://www.geedorah.com/img/portadas/238.jpg

Khan
06-06-2007, 06:17 PM
The actual one sheet...

Just quoting this so it can be compared to the other images I posted.

Monte
06-06-2007, 06:20 PM
It also looks like the Dr. Giggles poster and the Donnie Darko poster. I guess I'm missing what the point of comparing it to other posters it resembles exactly is. It's a movie poster, it was always bound to have similarities to something.

Chaosboy
06-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I think its a sign of good things to come.....

shoe1985
06-06-2007, 06:24 PM
There was a brief discussion of doing a Scream remake, but then it came to be that it was only like 10 years ago.

The poster is good. I don't like the tag line though. The Night He Came Home would be better, but I understand the fact Rob wants this to be his movie.

When I look at the poster, I think about the sun rising. It is a nice effect though. I like the whole, "I am home," feel it gives off.

Many pluses, but I could see people not liking it for different reasons.

Khan
06-06-2007, 06:25 PM
I think it works too, but I just can't describe it as "original."

RustyKitty
06-06-2007, 06:30 PM
I realy don't like his long hair in the poster, it makes him look like rob zombie.

Todd 78
06-06-2007, 06:42 PM
The poster is freakin sweet

wendy lea
06-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I just looked at the poster and it look great, can not wait to see I only
hope my home town theater is going to play it. They have not play the
last 2 horror movies that come out this summer but this one they have
to play.

samhain51
06-06-2007, 06:50 PM
All the years leading to this after Halloween 5 ! I always thought michael had Long hair so that didnt ruin any thing for me seeing as though he was a psycho locked up for many years ! whay the hell would he cut his hair it make him look more intimidating!

Frazetta
06-06-2007, 06:58 PM
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7/tcmpreqhx5.jpg

Ray Charles could have seen the similarities. Actually Leatherface is walking down an old dirt road while Michael appears to be standing in a field. There are similarities but I think there's enough of a difference between the two.

RustyKitty
06-06-2007, 06:59 PM
All the years leading to this after Halloween 5 ! I always thought michael had Long hair so that didnt ruin any thing for me seeing as though he was a psycho locked up for many years ! whay the hell would he cut his hair it make him look more intimidating!

I guess, if you like that crazy old man living under a bridge look. Long hair usually looks fine but on him it just looks weird. Wouldn't it be sticking out from under his mask or something?

samhain51
06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Similar in ways but we have to look at this as a modern horror poster and thats the direction these movie makers are taking now a days!

samhain51
06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
I guess, if you like that crazy old man living under a bridge look. Long hair usually looks fine but on him it just looks weird. Wouldn't it be sticking out from under his mask or something?

I guuess Mikey knows how to stick it under his mask HUH?

Slapshot
06-06-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm really digging the poster. I don't know what it is about it but there's something that makes the whole movie seem just plain awesome and badass.

samhain51
06-06-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm really digging the poster. I don't know what it is about it but there's something that makes the whole movie seem just plain awesome and badass.

I agree that new theme brought chills on me ! It makers me excited when I see this shit!

Frazetta
06-06-2007, 07:08 PM
I guess, if you like that crazy old man living under a bridge look. Long hair usually looks fine but on him it just looks weird. Wouldn't it be sticking out from under his mask or something? I thought it looked like he had most of it under the mask or tucked into the neck of his overalls.

RustyKitty
06-06-2007, 07:20 PM
I thought it looked like he had most of it under the mask or tucked into the neck of his overalls.

Just sayin I really don't like it but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Todd 78
06-06-2007, 07:34 PM
It maskes Halloween look like a bad ass horror film again, and nota commercial product of the scream era.

I am confidant that Halloween will be the best horror film of 2007.

TheShape411
06-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Poster = FUCKIN' BADASS

MMyers89
06-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Because remember, TCM invented silhouettes of people, and Thirteen Ghosts invented the photo montage... ;)

Asprin
06-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I like the collage on the poster, don't really dig the silhouette of Michael holding the mask though. If that part of it were gone, I'd like it more.

I agree 100% with you.:bastard:

Man In Black
06-06-2007, 09:51 PM
oooooooooooook well anyways, i fail to see where the pic is wit lil mikey and the ******** ****, if u will

Here you go:
http://www.ohmb.net/imagehosting/23446679cc1a1325.jpg

ghettomyers
06-06-2007, 10:19 PM
sho sho, preciate ya bro, i have seen da light

dbzguy
06-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Ehh, I dont know... the silhouette of Michael reminds me of Cobra Commander for some reason...

I also think that a night time scene would have been better...

Man In Black
06-06-2007, 10:42 PM
A slightly better quality one sheet with almost readble credits:
http://robzombieshalloween.net/RZonesheet_large.jpg

ghettomyers
06-06-2007, 10:54 PM
i think it would be cool if instead of havin his back toward us, let him be facing us with his hair in his face and all u see is like his eyes

Eric616
06-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Here you go:
http://www.ohmb.net/imagehosting/23446679cc1a1325.jpg
Saw that but thought it was just sitting on a shelf and has anybody seen where Young Michael is getting in a fight with 2 kids?

MyersFan75
06-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Saw that but thought it was just sitting on a shelf and has anybody seen where Young Michael is getting in a fight with 2 kids?

Are you looking for this yourself?

If so...

Eric616
06-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Are you looking for this yourself?

If so...
no i just wonderd if anybody else has seen it

MyersFan75
06-06-2007, 11:38 PM
no i just wonderd if anybody else has seen it

Ok. I only asked because it's the easiest thing to spot in my opinion.

Silverpsycho
06-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Up to this point, I have loved almost everything that's been thrown to the fans leading up to this film, but I'm not totally loving this poster. I love the orange and the idea, but something about it irritates me. I guess I wanted something a bit more dark and simplistic. This just seems a bit too loud and modern for a HalloweeN poster. I'm sure I will gradually like it more and more as we get closer to August, but my immediate reaction was disappointment.

Lucifer
06-07-2007, 02:18 AM
oww i like the new banner

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-07-2007, 03:53 AM
I guess I like the poster, but personally I couldn't careless. It's not that I think that posters aren't interesting it's just that in my view a poster has no actual baring on whether I'll like a film or not and thus I don't find them important in any way. I like the look of it and all and there is some cool elements about it, but in the long run it doesn't really matter to me whether the poster is good or not. So in the end I can take it or leave it. Sorry if this post kind of rambles a little, work took a lot out of me today. I'm pretty sure that the point is clear though.
Careful. I said this kind of stuff once about promo material, and someone thought it meant I was against the film. :bastard:

The face collage is the basically the same.

Ray Charles could have seen the similarities.
Yeah, I have to admit...when they did that poster for TCM: The Beginning, there had never been a poster that showed someone holding something. So I guess you have a point there.

And a collage in a face...of course, no one had ever thought of that before the 13 Ghosts remake. There wasn't, say, a whole series of photo books based on that concept or anything.

Seriously...there are similarities, yes. But who gives a fuck? As if there's any such thing as an original poster concept anymore. And if you think that the similarity to the TCM poster is absolutely purposeful, I'd have to say that you're just reading way too much into it.

"OMG! A character HOLDING somethin!!!!!!!!!111 It'z tha same!!!!!!!!!!111111"

I think it works too, but I just can't describe it as "original."
I wouldn't describe any poster of the past 25 years (at least) to be really original.

But I don't complain about it. Would you rather have another "disembodied heads of cast members" poster?

Ehh, I dont know... the silhouette of Michael reminds me of Cobra Commander for some reason...
hahahahaha!!!!!!!

MICHAEL MYERS: (shrieking) "Destro! You idiot!"

zombie commando
06-07-2007, 04:08 AM
The poster looks like crap in the banner. It's like Myers is standing in front of one giant flying spaghetti monsturd.

MischievousSpirit
06-07-2007, 04:42 AM
I would have liked the poster better if the collage wasn't there spoiling the movie with all those images we haven't seen before. The poster is much too busy for a Halloween poster. I love the posters for 1-4 best, because they convey the movies great, while being simplistic at the same time. I have seen better work in The Lost River Drive-In. As for the forum's banner? I would've just stuck with the title artwork only. Less is more I always say.

Dark Empire
06-07-2007, 04:45 AM
hahaha

Masked Madman
06-07-2007, 05:54 AM
I liked the green better for this forum.

Khan
06-07-2007, 06:01 AM
I wouldn't describe any poster of the past 25 years (at least) to be really original.

But I don't complain about it. Would you rather have another "disembodied heads of cast members" poster?

It is indeed just a poster, and is not an indication that the movie will be any good.

I recall the two half faces poster that dominated movie advertising for a while (Space Jam used this).

I think of a nuke exploding when I see the banner at the top of the page.

nwiser
06-07-2007, 06:03 AM
I realy don't like his long hair in the poster, it makes him look like rob zombie.

strangely enough, I too wondered "is that rob?" when i first saw it. obviously it's supposed to be Michael because of the size, but it could work having Rob stand there too...kind of like a conductor standing in front of the orchestra when the symphony is about to play.

DEADICATED FAN
06-07-2007, 06:11 AM
Personally I think the Poster is way too busy and weak all at the same time. (if that makes any sense) I would of liked to have seen some other examples. Given all the images we have seen up until this point I expected better. They did manage however to make a mess fitting them all together though - talk about SPOILER central and Mike looks like a damn reject standing there with uhm his mask off? Christ, the Title font is even weak or should I say an aftrerthought... Guess they should of had a contest for the fans - like they did with Silent Hill & Resident Evil - they sure had enough time to... Atleast then what we have now might not feel so rushed & last minute to me.

SicDarko
06-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Spoilers in the poster?? Everyone has been talking about spoilers in the poster.....we all have seen the original Halloween and though things have chnged a bit, the story is pretty much the same.... So the question is, how spoiled could you really be, seriously?

Todd
06-07-2007, 06:18 AM
I would have liked the poster better if the collage wasn't there spoiling the movie with all those images we haven't seen before. The poster is much too busy for a Halloween poster.
That's how I feel about it.
Take all of the images out and just have a giant mask.
Also, instead of having an orange sillouette in the background, have it be dark or at least darker than it is. It makes me think of a sunrise.

Roswell
06-07-2007, 06:23 AM
Yeah, now that I've looked at it a few more times, it does seem to be a bit too busy.

Still, I'll take this poster anyday over the crap we got for H5-Resurrection.

BigZ
06-07-2007, 06:34 AM
Where could I download the New Theme to my computer or can anyone send it to me?

Roswell
06-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Where could I download the New Theme to my computer or can anyone send it to me?

Not sure if this link still works, but give it a try:

http://www.tylerbates.com/media/audio/halloween_theme.mp3

DEADICATED FAN
06-07-2007, 06:43 AM
Spoilers in the poster?? Everyone has been talking about spoilers in the poster.....we all have seen the original Halloween and though things have chnged a bit, the story is pretty much the same.... So the question is, how spoiled could you really be, seriously?

If throwing every possible image in the Film on the actual theatrical poster isn't considered weak & spoiling then what is? Because it damn sure isn't creative. Its like a bad movie trailer that gives away the whole plot. Sure we know what HALLOWEEN is about blah, blah, blah... But do you really need to insult our intelligence with the 'year book colliage' treatment to reassure us movie goers that this HALLOWEEN will be this, this, this and this, see here, here, here and here!

This is bad marketing at its unimaginative worst.

Monte
06-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Admittedly, if one were not aware of it being the mask, it would take a very long time to realize the above banner is not depicting a mushroom cloud.

zombie commando
06-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Part of the reason for the remake was the overhaul and updating of the story, therefore it is not completely the same. Anything we see from this flick that variates from the original before the film comes out is a spoiler.

Roswell
06-07-2007, 06:58 AM
This is bad marketing at its unimaginative worst.

Unimaginative? I think you're thinking of H20 and Resurrection. Sure this isn't the most creative poster ever imagined, but it's a hell of a lot better than the poster for those films. They could have easily used the "floating head" formula for this poster, but we should be thankful they didn't.

I mean, unless you actually liked those posters. Then there's no help for you. :bastard:

zombie commando
06-07-2007, 07:03 AM
That's like comparing shit and piss.

DEADICATED FAN
06-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Unimaginative? I think you're thinking of H20 and Resurrection. Sure this isn't the most creative poster ever imagined, but it's a hell of a lot better than the poster for those films. They could have easily used the "floating head" formula for this poster, but we should be thankful they didn't.

I mean, unless you actually liked those posters. Then there's no help for you. :bastard:

Sorry I don't feel a collaige is very imaginative no matter how you dress it up.

Masked Madman
06-07-2007, 07:43 AM
well what would you rather have?

mr32
06-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Its official plain and simple learn to live with it.

Lucifer
06-07-2007, 07:47 AM
I cant believe your putting this poster down, its great

Khan
06-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Admittedly, if one were not aware of it being the mask, it would take a very long time to realize the above banner is not depicting a mushroom cloud.

It looks like Michael is guest starring on an episode of Jericho in a way.:roflmao:

All opinions are welcome on the board.

Read the board rules.

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Boo-hoo-hoo. Me no likey poster. Me thinky look like every other poster ever made. Me think this important. Me nitpick like art critic at gallery show. World revolve around quality of poster. World going to end now 'cause poster is for sucks. Boo-hoo-hoo.

There...that's my opinion.

Roswell
06-07-2007, 07:53 AM
well what would you rather have?

Yeah, seriously. Think about what the alternative would be before putting down the poster.

mr32
06-07-2007, 07:56 AM

Who me. No i like the poster i desrcibe i how i felt about on page 2 or 3, with one word wow.

mr32
06-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Boo-hoo-hoo. Me no likey poster. Me thinky look like every other poster ever made. Me think this important. Me nitpick like art critic at gallery show. World revolve around quality of poster. World going to end now 'cause poster is for sucks. Boo-hoo-hoo.

See bro that's what i'm talking about me dont like this me dont like that about the poster, picking the motherfucker apart. Boo boo boo hoo hoo i wanted something different:godno:

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-07-2007, 08:04 AM
See bro that's what i'm talking about me dont like this me dont like that about the poster, picking the motherfucker apart. Boo boo boo hoo hoo i wanted something different:godno:
Honestly, I can't believe the way people dissect this shit.

They should just be happy it doesn't look like the last two posters we got. Y'know...the ones that looked like zero thought went into them.

I'll be glad when this movie is out...just so people can talk about the movie, instead of just harping on this little nothing bullshit.

mr32
06-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Honestly, I can't believe the way people dissect this shit.

They should just be happy it doesn't look like the last two posters we got. Y'know...the ones that looked like zero thought went into them.

I'll be glad when this movie is out...just so people can talk about the movie, instead of just harping on this little nothing bullshit.

Exactly Amen Brother Amen:bow:

Todd 78
06-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Let me get this straight. People reading spoilers on a message board are complaing a collage of shots barely visable on a poster shows to much and spoils them.?

Thats like going to Disney Land, and whining that there were to many children there

Khan
06-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Yeah, there is nothing to spoil at this point with all of the information that had been released, be it scripts, snippets from interviews, pictures and the fact that it is a remake.

Unless you have been living under a rock, there isn't much else to know about the movie.

I never said it sucked, and it certianly doesn't take up my every waking thought.:nodsmile:

Plus, what's wrong with a little nitpicking? It is our civil right to do so.

krustytheklown
06-07-2007, 08:33 AM
the poster is sweet, i huge improvement over "all the pretty actors lined up in a row" screamesque posters we got from the last two halloweens. posters for all the halloween since H3 have kindof sucked. i have to keep myself from getting too stoked though. last movie i got stoked for was grindhouse, and i fucking hated that movie. RZ may end up my new God before its all said and done, although im not ready to annoint this movie my new "empire stikes back"

Masked Madman
06-07-2007, 08:35 AM
people bitching about Michael having long hair is annoying me more than people bitching about the poster to be honest. Big fucking deal he has long hair, his hair is going to be under the mask anyway.

It seems to me like people are just reaching for a way to bitch about the movie.

wyatt s
06-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah, there is nothing to spoil at this point with all of the information that had been released, be it scripts, snippets from interviews, pictures and the fact that it is a remake.

Unless you have been living under a rock, there isn't much else to know about the movie.

Well, there is everything that actually happens in the movie left to know. Despite how many pictures and leaked scripts we really don't know exactly what happens, or how it happens. Atleast most of us don't know. All we really have is speculation, based on information we do have.

Khan
06-07-2007, 08:38 AM
I am interested in seeing how the sheet over the head scene looks with the height variable takes into account.

The Frightmaster
06-07-2007, 08:39 AM
people bitching about Michael having long hair is annoying me more than people bitching about the poster to be honest. Big fucking deal he has long hair, his hair is going to be under the mask anyway.

It seems to me like people are just reaching for a way to bitch about the movie.

For all we know his hair could of been long in all the other movies except for H1 because we actually saw his hair. But if I recall his hair wasn't that short in H1, it had some length. And I know it was long in H5 because his hair was shown also. And his hair was black in H5.

Masked Madman
06-07-2007, 08:43 AM
now that i think about it when he jumps on the car in part 1 his hair is about shoulder length.

Psych0ticNemes1s
06-07-2007, 09:08 AM
now that i think about it when he jumps on the car in part 1 his hair is about shoulder length.

Are you sure about this? I don't remember it this way but I'm wrong more then I'm right.

Secondly, people share different views on everything. Just because it differs from yours or is negative (omg did he just say something negative about the movie franchise?) doesn't mean that someone is nitpicking or whining. Until the movie comes out, we only have small events such as the release of a poster to discuss. Therefor, people will continue to debate such small things (both good and bad) until the movie is released.

So in conclusion, stop whining about people whining... It only makes you a hipporate.

With that being said, I don't see how a poster with that much going on be considered "unimaginative". I think it will portray the right idea to possible audiences.

zombie commando
06-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Yeah, seriously. Think about what the alternative would be before putting down the poster.
One that doesn't look like shit. That sounds like a pretty good alternative to me.

Then again most of the posters out for films now do look like utter crap, so I guess if we are comparing it to a sea of mediocrity then yeah, it's fine. If we want to compare it to the original it doesn't hold a flame. If we want to compare it to those sweet ass painted posters of the 70's and early 80's then it is sail slime.

zombie commando
06-07-2007, 09:22 AM
now that i think about it when he jumps on the car in part 1 his hair is about shoulder length.Yet his hair appears short during the demasking. I guess he got a hair cut at Walmart between slayings.

mr32
06-07-2007, 09:24 AM
the poster is sweet, i huge improvement over "all the pretty actors lined up in a row" screamesque posters we got from the last two halloweens. posters for all the halloween since H3 have kindof sucked. i have to keep myself from getting too stoked though. last movie i got stoked for was grindhouse, and i fucking hated that movie. RZ may end up my new God before its all said and done, although im not ready to annoint this movie my new "empire stikes back"

WTF! This is madness you didnt like Grindhouse, da fucking movie rocks.

The Frightmaster
06-07-2007, 09:26 AM
but I read it didn't do very well at the box office.

H-Field Hero
06-07-2007, 09:28 AM
I think the "busyness" of the poster as well as the tag line are there to convey the larger scope that this film supposedly has. It's like symbolism.

And I don't need people quoting me telling me why the MUvE POZSTER SUXORS!@##$$%^, because like most things with the film I'm not bouncing off the walls or furious over it. I think it's nice. Better than the poster for H:R, H6, and probably H20 as well.

boogeyman87
06-07-2007, 09:31 AM

Profit ≠ Quality.

zombie commando
06-07-2007, 09:32 AM

Most people are impatient ADD ridden morons. They didn't get that the films were emulating the look and feel of old B-rated grindhouse expoitation films, and they were too impatient to sit for 3 1/3 hours. Personaly I loved it and can't wait for the DVD.

Franchise
06-07-2007, 09:35 AM
A full day to soak in the poster and I have to say that I'm half and half. I do like some aspects of it, but I definitely don't like Michael with his back to us. I do realize he's returning home there, but with the floating mask collage and the scenery, I think something should have been left out. I guess this is just Zombie making sure we know the focus of the movie is Myers.

mr32
06-07-2007, 09:37 AM

Really the Weinteins didnt put it out there like, Liongate do its movies in the public eye poor marketing. And yes me too Zombie Commando but it probably be a min until we get it on dvd.

The Frightmaster
06-07-2007, 09:38 AM
A full day to soak in the poster and I have to say that I'm half and half. I do like some aspects of it, but I definitely don't like Michael with his back to us. I do realize he's returning home there, but with the floating mask collage and the scenery, I think something should have been left out. I guess this is just Zombie making sure we know the focus of the movie is Myers.

I couldn't tell if his back was to us or if it was his front.

JKwinter
06-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Well, the tone of this thread seems a little more negative than the others. I always looked to these threads for positive reinforcement and variety of opinion, yet it seems some people just aren’t comfortable with other peoples POV sometimes. The RZ movie isn’t coming out for a few months, and it looks like a little agitation is stirring among the fans, me included!

It made me wonder what the APA thought about the matter:

“The safe world of a story is no doubt a good place for learning how to manage fear. But it is natural and healthy to be fearful of injury and death and to see their results as disgusting. An appropriate response to horror restrains us from bringing harm to ourselves or to others, and creates sympathy for a victim. The ability to see horror as truly horrible makes civilized society possible. Yet, the many ghastly scenes on television and in the movies are so overdrawn as to dull the ability of adolescents to react appropriately. The media desensitizes them to horror. The danger is that they will become callous to evil and its consequences.” -http://www.themoorings.org/life/separation/television/psych1.html

So I found the root of the problem! I’ve become desensitized by the media! Hahaha

Damn you Rob Zombie for what you’ve done to me!:bastard:

The new poster looks fine BTW. I like the one sheet just a pinch better. But I won’t say anything further lest I be branded an ugly ‘complainer.’ lol :)

Does anyone have any predictions about the aftermath of the release?

zombie commando
06-07-2007, 09:59 AM
The aftermath will be Rob Zombie cereal in every home.

SicDarko
06-07-2007, 10:01 AM
you know....the guy is a completely evil psychopath.... Do you really think he's gonna have time to go to the salon to get his hair trimmed? I think it's just another aspect of zombie trying to make this as realistic as possible, which is a good thing.

discvader
06-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Maybe Rob is going for a different "evil origins" thing in the new Halloween...Michael wanted to start his own Heavy Metal Band and his parents said no and his sisters made fun of him? Then at the end of the movie he is unmasked and busts out Danzig's "Mother"... it could happen? It sounds far fetched now, but let it soak in for a while...

Man In Black
06-07-2007, 10:40 AM
you know....the guy is a completely evil psychopath.... Do you really think he's gonna have time to go to the salon to get his hair trimmed? I think it's just another aspect of zombie trying to make this as realistic as possible, which is a good thing.

Plus who is going near a stab happy psychopath with a pair of scissors
note: Sybil Danning's nurse Wynn character would be a good start...don't get too close with a possible stabbing impliment.
http://www.ohmb.net/imagehosting/2344627d7d395161.jpg

Masked Madman
06-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Are you sure about this? I don't remember it this way but I'm wrong more then I'm right.

Secondly, people share different views on everything. Just because it differs from yours or is negative (omg did he just say something negative about the movie franchise?) doesn't mean that someone is nitpicking or whining. Until the movie comes out, we only have small events such as the release of a poster to discuss. Therefor, people will continue to debate such small things (both good and bad) until the movie is released.

So in conclusion, stop whining about people whining... It only makes you a hipporate.

ok first off, yeah im sure his hair was about shoulder length when you first see him as an adult in the original.

I don't care if someone has a different opinion from me, but constant badgering that ive heard about his hair (not just on this site) is irritating. People are acting like a poster or the goddamn length of someones hair is going to ruin the movie.

i would be whining if i kept repeating what i said to begin with, which i havent. So stop calling me that and a hypocrite to try and start a fight.

So in conclusion, you can have any opinion you want. But don't just keep riding the issue at hand over and over again.

btw it seems like i get into an argument everytime im in this thread.

ghettomyers
06-07-2007, 10:45 AM
it kinda looks like michael myers the superhero standing like dat wit da tag line and all, but i aint trippen cause da damn thing

mmyers666
06-07-2007, 10:48 AM
it kinda looks like michael myers the superhero standing like dat wit da tag line and all, but i aint trippen cause da damn thing

hahaha your right

Masked Madman
06-07-2007, 10:51 AM
I think the poster would look better if he had the mask on, instead of in his hand. But other than that i like it.

mmyers666
06-07-2007, 10:52 AM
what ive noticed is that the knife is smaller than the mask witch i think looks weird

EvilOnTwoLegs
06-07-2007, 10:54 AM
I never said it sucked, and it certianly doesn't take up my every waking thought.:nodsmile:

Plus, what's wrong with a little nitpicking? It is our civil right to do so.
I never said you couldn't nitpick. By all means, give me something to shake my head and laugh about. :D

It's also our civil right to mock things that we find pointless and/or ridiculous. Besides which, it's fun. :nodsmile:

Franchise
06-07-2007, 10:55 AM
I never said you couldn't nitpick. By all means, give me something to shake my head and laugh about. :D

It's also our civil right to mock things that we find pointless and/or ridiculous. Besides which, it's fun. :nodsmile:

Just don't laugh at what I say. I'm concerned about the poster since I'll have one hanging on my wall and don't want to get laughed out of the house when I hang it.

TheShape'78
06-07-2007, 10:58 AM
i don't mind him having long hair in the new one, cos it is so trivial who really gives a crap. he'll have a mask on anyway if you don't like it.

but,
his hair wasn't shoulder length in the original, cos Nick Castles hair wasn't that long. it had some length to it sure cos he had curly white boy fro, but even when wet it wouldn't be shoulder length.

-mitch-

Masked Madman
06-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I said about shoulder length. it was at least mid/lower neck.

Eric616
06-07-2007, 11:04 AM
his hair wasn't shoulder length in the original, cos Nick Castles hair wasn't that long. it had some length to it sure cos he had curly white boy fro, but even when wet it wouldn't be shoulder length.

-mitch-
that was Tony Moran playing Michael when he's unmasked and his hair was short

TheShape'78
06-07-2007, 11:06 AM
that was Tony Moran playing Michael when he's unmasked and his hair was short
i am not referring to the unmasking.
i was talking about at the beginning when it is raining and he is in the hospital gown. nick castle has stated that was him playing that part, he even said "the water was really cold" in an interview in reference to that scene.

-mitch-

Khan
06-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Most people are impatient ADD ridden morons. They didn't get that the films were emulating the look and feel of old B-rated grindhouse expoitation films, and they were too impatient to sit for 3 1/3 hours. Personaly I loved it and can't wait for the DVD.

The mistake Dimension made was spending to much money to emulate movies that were made for a fraction of that amount (it cost $100 million with advertising).

The talk of Grindhouse 2 is that it will be done on a much lower budget if it happens.

zombie commando
06-07-2007, 11:18 AM
The mistake Dimension made was spending to much money to emulate movies that were made for a fraction of that amount($100 million with advertising).

The talk of Grindhouse 2 is that it will be done on a much lower budget if it happens.

If it does it should get a limited "grindhouse" release.....but I have a feeling that there's a better chance of flamingos spontaneously flying out of my ass.

Khan
06-07-2007, 11:19 AM

I see people dissecting every aspect of the other Halloween films, so why not this one?

If it does it should get a limited "grindhouse" release.....but I have a feeling that there's a better chance of flamingos spontaneously flying out of my ass.

Yeah, the failure of this one pretty much killed the chance of any more.

Franchise
06-07-2007, 11:19 AM

What movie theater is that one showing at? I'll be there with my whole damn family munching popcorn. I smell box office hit.

mcilroga
06-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Why are people talking about civil rights and human equality? :bastard: Good God people, this is a poster.

I find it funny that when an interview drops (you know, actual real content concerning the film's quality), there are five replies maximum. And then when a poster gets released, the apocalypse heads in and 16 pages of responses are made. :D

zombie commando
06-07-2007, 11:27 AM
What movie theater is that one showing at? I'll be there with my whole damn family munching popcorn. I smell box office hit.

I'll let you know when "it" comes out. Hell, you can film it. Your directoral debute. You can market it as this artsy fartsy feel good flick. It'll win Sundance.

Franchise
06-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Then we'll take it to Cannes as well. I'll definitely have to bring along and entourage and tell them that I'm not having problems with my wife and she's fine with me sleeping with all these women. It'll be a real class act.

Man In Black
06-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Why are people talking about civil rights and human equality? :bastard: Good God people, this is a poster.

I find it funny that when an interview drops (you know, actual real content concerning the film's quality), there are five replies maximum. And then when a poster gets released, the apocalypse heads in and 16 pages of responses are made. :D

I think even five is over estimating it. :krad: this smilie means nothing to this post:crazy: .

discvader
06-07-2007, 11:29 AM

Commie Pinko trash... :nodsmile:

BTW, is the Teaser Trailer(Halloween) on the new Hannibal dvd?

zombie commando
06-07-2007, 11:30 AM

From my count there has been a buttload (I ran out of fingers and toes) of threads based on this flick already. Are you complaining that too many people are posting about the poster? Are you complaining about activity? Are we not supposed to comment?

I guess opinions are not welcome. Activity is bad. Keep your shit all to yourselves kids. We don't want you to talk about this. Shut up, sit up straight, and do your homework.

Khan
06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Thank you.

Chaosboy
06-07-2007, 11:37 AM

Its on the one I bought.....bought in Canada, you know the ice country....

people dont lose sight that Halloween is really all about the candy

mcilroga
06-07-2007, 11:38 AM
From my count there has been a buttload (I ran out of fingers and toes) of threads based on this flick already. Are you complaining that too many people are posting about the poster? Are you complaining about activity? Are we not supposed to comment?

I guess opinions are not welcome. Activity is bad. Keep your shit all to yourselves kids. We don't want you to talk about this. Shut up, sit up straight, and do your homework.

Wow... last I checked, I wasn't the only one who felt this way? Of course you should comment, it's even encouraged, but you should ALSO comment about more important things. And something along the lines of an interview should logically be more important than something which doesn't effect any of the movie's quality, right? How about a middle ground there...

And what are you talking about with your second paragraph? Did I say activity was bad? Jesus.

Chaosboy
06-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Jesus??...oh man I sure hope he aint in this movie

wyatt s
06-07-2007, 11:42 AM
So I was staring at the poster today, deciding whether I really like it or not which I'm still not sure, and a thought struck me. Keep in mind before I say this that I'm a bit ill and haven't slept well in two days, but des it appear to anybody else that the Silhouette of Michael may not actually be Tyler Mane? THe body frame doesn't quite seem to match. But maybe it's just me and my slightly scewed perception at the moment.

Khan
06-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Jesus??...oh man I sure hope he aint in this movie

He has a cameo as a Smith's Grove mental patient.

Praise the Lord!

ghettomyers
06-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Ok i was jus at the official site and everything comes up as usual, But dis time instead of where da trailer plays, its a black box dat says trailer coming soon!!!!!!! SOOOO maybe mhmmm u know!

Khan
06-07-2007, 12:43 PM
The trailer can only be played from 9 PM on apparently.

As previously discussed, this "yellow band" trailer is a first.

discvader
06-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Its on the one I bought.....bought in Canada, you know the ice country....

people dont lose sight that Halloween is really all about the candy
Hmm, that is interesting...Canadian DVD's are sometimes different? Thanks Quint! I wanna hear that trailer cranked up!

Ok i was jus at the official site and everything comes up as usual, But dis time instead of where da trailer plays, its a black box dat says trailer coming soon!!!!!!! SOOOO maybe mhmmm u know!
Really? It just worked for me on the site that's coming soon.

If you don't like the poster...I would boycott the movie and the Halloween franchise altogether then. Cause...what's left after that? First, it was...it's not Orange...*eveyone cries*, now, it's frickin' Orange!!! Deal with it.

Femanizer
06-07-2007, 01:28 PM

It's NOT on the one I bought and I bought the US version.

:EthelBird: trailer not being on the DVD.

krustytheklown
06-07-2007, 01:31 PM
hey man, i know im not exactly an expert on grindhouse flicks, but i really love taritino and rodriguez, and still hated the movie. planet terror was decent, although i wasnt enamored with the b-movie charm like i thought i would be, and death proof, which i was really looking forward to almost caused me to walk out of the theater. im definately not ADD on long movies, i can sit thru a four hour flick if its good. death proof was an incredibly boring chick flick, with boring unattractive girls sitting around babbling when i wanted to see the great kurt russel mowing people down in his death car. mabye i just didnt get it, but i know boring when i see it. to each his own.

Femanizer
06-07-2007, 01:35 PM
hey man, i know im not exactly an expert on grindhouse flicks, but i really love taritino and rodriguez, and still hated the movie. planet terror was decent, although i wasnt enamored with the b-movie charm like i thought i would be, and death proof, which i was really looking forward to almost caused me to walk out of the theater. im definately not ADD on long movies, i can sit thru a four hour flick if its good. death proof was an incredibly boring chick flick, with boring unattractive girls sitting around babbling when i wanted to see the great kurt russel mowing people down in his death car. mabye i just didnt get it, but i know boring when i see it. to each his own.

Uhm....find a Grindhouse thread or quote someone that you may be replying to, this just seems out of nowhere.

Jackolantern99
06-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Uhm....find a Grindhouse thread or quote someone that you may be replying to, this just seems out of nowhere.

There was mention of it a few pages back, not sure why they felt the need to bring it up again though...

I love the poster, just wish Michael's mask was on...