PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie's Halloween: Discussion VII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Thurisaz
05-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Not sure if everyone's aware of this or not, but they are actually remaking Halloween! I figured since we haven't really discussed it much yet that we needed a thread, or seven, to discuss it in. So that's what this thread is. Have at it you wonderful little Halloweenies.

MichaelFan_2k4
05-13-2007, 02:30 AM
There is a new Halloween? Wow. lol

As everyone says, I cannot wait for this remake. Many recent remakes sucked, but this is going to be different. :D

Lupinus
05-13-2007, 03:07 AM
Not sure if everyone's aware of this or not, but they are actually remaking Halloween
No shit? Dude thats awsome :bastard:

MichaelFan_2k4
05-13-2007, 03:55 AM
This is probably the most anticipating movie of my life. True story.

The Frightmaster
05-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Not sure if everyone's aware of this or not, but they are actually remaking Halloween!

They're remaking Halloween! Get out of here it can never be done. Next thing you know they'll have someone like Rob Zombie to direct it. lol

Khan
05-13-2007, 07:53 AM
They are remaking it?

This the first I have heard of this.:roflmao:

Severed Hand
05-13-2007, 08:06 AM
I can't express how much I'm looking forward to this movie. I've sat back and watched people's opinion's on various sites. I understand a little why some might be upset about re-working Carpenter's classic, but really, it isn't effecting what John did. That movie will always be here, and if countless lousy sequels haven't destroyed it, nothing will. Personally, I liked H2 for the most part, H4 could have been so much better, had it left out some annoying things, eg., Hazzard county hicks shooting randomly at moving bushes in the park, the cheesy gore in some of the killing etc etc. When H5 was created so quickly after that, is where it all fell apart for me. That movie was rushed, and it showed. Pleasance's acting began to suffer for it, and the whole idea of the "Man in black", made me cringe. H6 completely lost me. I don't care if it's the theatrical version, or the producer's cut, "Thorn" sucks. I walked out of the theater that night, curled up between 2 parked cars in a fetal position and wept. H20 gave me some hope, cause as ridiculous as it was to forget everything after H2 in that movie, at least "Thorn" was gone! Resurrection stripped away any decency left in the series. Busta......Tyra.....lousy looking sets........kung fu..........UGH, I use this DVD as a frisbee at summertime barbeques.

Bring on Zombie's vision...........I want respect back for this franchise!

EvilOnTwoLegs
05-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Remaking Halloween?!?!?!?! GOD NO!!!!!!

That is the dumbest fucking idea I've ever heard. Who do I have to kill to stop this from happening? Eh, fuck it...just kill me so I don't have to watch this crap!

So who's gonna direct it? Eli Roth? Uwe Boll? Rob Zombie? Some other fucking hack?

Sorry...figured since it was a new thread, I'd reply as I might have circa '04 or so, when I was stubbornly opposed to even the merest idea of remaking any film. :D

mcilroga
05-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Guys... I'd like to inform you that I know everything. I'm affiliated with someone whom I can not name at Anchor Bay Entertainment who is making the picture.

I'd say the cast works well with what Rob's doing. The trailer stays true to the movie. Not to mention the ending (which I refuse to give away) works wonders with Rob's vision of what an ending should be.

More thoughts later.

The Kilted One
05-13-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't care how good your info is, you bastard, it can't touch the info I got from my sister... you know, the one who's been covertly sleeping with Rob Zombie for the last six months (hell, one of the charicters is based on my sister!)... I know everything about the new Halloween, and I mean EVERYTHING. Unfortunately, all I can tell you guys is that some of you will like it and some of you won't.

mcilroga
05-13-2007, 10:57 AM
I don't care how good your info is, you bastard, it can't touch the info I got from my sister... you know, the one who's been covertly sleeping with Rob Zombie for the last six months... I know everything about the new Halloween, and I mean EVERYTHING! Unfortunately, all I can tell you guys is that some of you will like it and some of you won't.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/222/whateverev2.jpg

Bitch please, my mamma is Shara Moon! (or however it's spelled)

I know everything, absolutely everything! And I've just been informed of the opening credits montage, which works well with Rob's vision. Just wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see.

The Kilted One
05-13-2007, 11:07 AM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/222/whateverev2.jpg

Bitch please, my mamma is Shara Moon! (or however it's spelled)

I know everything, absolutely everything! And I've just been informed of the opening credits montage, which works well with Rob's vision. Just wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see.

Alright, you SOB, get down off your high horse before I shoot it under you! I've seen the whole damn movie already (and before anyone tells me that it's not finished yet, let me just say "that's what they want you to think")! Put that in your pipe and smoke it! Oh... and by the way, my sister is about to be your new step mom.:yeah:

Muse
05-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Well your both wrong because my long lost sister in law's mothers auntys sisters dads granddaugter in law who works very high up in Dimension films is saying some things that disagree completely with what your saying.

I can't tell you what's actually going on though, because you know, confidentiality and such, so all I'll say is that you will probably be suprised about this film, and that it's different to the original.

The Kilted One
05-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Well your both wrong because my long lost sister in law's mothers auntys sisters dads granddaugter in law who works very high up in Dimension films is saying some things that disagree completely with what your saying.

I can't tell you what's actually going on though, because you know, confidentiality and such, so all I'll say is that you will probably be suprised about this film, and that it's different to the original.

I smell bullshit.

Muse
05-13-2007, 11:25 AM
No, that's just your natural odour General. I thought you'd be used to that by now :p

Man In Black
05-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Well - I know something you don't know.

Tyler=Tall...Danielle=Small
http://robzombieshalloween.net/saturnawards.jpg

Muse
05-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Jeeeeeeeez, Tyler is tall, and OMG! Danielle is so small. Imagine those two as a couple. Little N Large.

They actually look pretty good together, despite the height differences.

The Kilted One
05-13-2007, 11:36 AM
No, that's just your natural odour General. I thought you'd be used to that by now :p

That's true, Muse, I am used to it (in a metaphorical sence, of course). :bastard:

MIB: Thanks for posting the pic... Daniell has some muscular legs... she's still real hot, though.

samhain51
05-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Danielle is very small but on the other hand very very beautiful !

fangface
05-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Danielle is very small but on the other hand very very beautiful !

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/496639742_a23b68dd2d_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/221/496639708_f75b9a98db_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/215/496671695_55d72360bc_o.jpg

Laow-Z
05-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Dude...Ray Charles can see that isn't her! That's Danielle's face on someone elses body. Danielle isn't friggin 200 pounds.

Khan
05-13-2007, 05:10 PM
That dress sure isn't very flattering.

Frazetta
05-13-2007, 07:04 PM
She's got nice legs.

fangface
05-13-2007, 09:39 PM
She's got nice legs.

Yeah, I don't see what's up with her being "200 pounds" either. She looks the same to me.

Some dude on another board even asked if she was pregnant. What the hell...?

Neematoad
05-13-2007, 10:27 PM
I just realized that was Ellie Cornell in that photo with her.

Lucifer
05-14-2007, 12:16 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/496639742_a23b68dd2d_o.jpg
Points finger at her as she says " I'm with small tits "

Man In Black
05-14-2007, 01:33 AM
http://robzombieshalloween.net/bdpix/bd1.jpg

http://robzombieshalloween.net/bdpix/bd2.jpg

http://robzombieshalloween.net/bdpix/bd3.jpg

MichaelFan_2k4
05-14-2007, 01:55 AM
wow. 3 new pics! Awsome stuff.

What's up with the first one? Did he actually shove that on his head? lol

Lucifer
05-14-2007, 02:36 AM
Great pics , very menacing looking

devils-eyes
05-14-2007, 02:43 AM
that first pic with the pumkin on the head is fucking awesome! also dannielle is well fit!!

nwiser
05-14-2007, 03:26 AM
Yeah, I don't see what's up with her being "200 pounds" either. She looks the same to me.

Some dude on another board even asked if she was pregnant. What the hell...?

too bad she dies in this film...they could make it so she's pregnant with Michael's lovechild in the sequel. :bastard:

mcilroga
05-14-2007, 03:55 AM
So he physically put a pumpkin on Bob's head? Heh heh.

WhiteZombie
05-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Awesome pictures. All 3 look good. Im wondering if Michael actually smashes the pumpkin onto his head. Looks creepy either way.

ghettomyers
05-14-2007, 04:26 AM
those pics r tight, but im tellin u if lil mikey looked at me like dat id shoot da shit out of him

zombie commando
05-14-2007, 05:39 AM
The first pic is pretty cool. Reminds me of those pumpkin masks in H3.

samhain51
05-14-2007, 06:33 AM
I ll tell you guys that the second Picture of Mikey is very intimidating!!!

JKwinter
05-14-2007, 07:40 AM
I ll tell you guys that the second Picture of Mikey is very intimidating!!!

No shit! That picture scares me.

And I'm finally getting used to the grimy looking mask.

After seeing that first pic, I think I'm starting to learn too much about this movie!

I hope people who have secret information about it don't post here.

samhain51
05-14-2007, 07:43 AM
I agree with you part of me wants to know and part of me doesn't want to spoil it ! Its almost like finding the Christmas presents before Christmas ! It takes the suprise element away!

mr32
05-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Man those pics are off the chain. Thank MIB.:bow:

The Kilted One
05-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Awsome pics, MIB. The first one is the shit... I'm liking the way Zombie is creating a real Halloween time feel in the film.

Severed Hand
05-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Fantastic pics! The head tilt pic is excellent, but the one where he's coming up the road screams classic! The darkness of the street, the scenery of the original............superb! Just the fact that it was filmed in Pasedena, is going to do wonders for this movie!

norman745
05-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Those new pix are just beautiful. Especially the first. I also came across more news for you guys.

"Myers Ready for Seconds"

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/halloween.jpg

Source: Ryan Rotten
May 13, 2007

Seeing as Malcolm McDowell spilled the beans earlier this week that he is signed on for two more Halloween films, the new Michael Myers, Tyler Mane, felt comfortable enough to tell Shock that he is also locked for a sequel should one come a-callin'. "I am signed for one more," Mane told us at the Saturn Awards where he and co-star Danielle Harris presented for Best Horror Movie.

Dimension Films' unleashes Rob Zombie's Halloween on August 31st.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=249

Severed Hand
05-14-2007, 10:40 AM
I hope the news of Malcolm signed on for 2 more is accurate, and not some misquote we often get regarding the internet. If it is true.......great! What worries me now is Tyler saying he's signed on for one more. Why wouldn't he also be signed on for 2 more? Unless it's by his choice.

I just don't want to see a different actor playing Myers in a third one. That's part of the problem with the sequels before........different actors for Myers, took away what was there in the original, They should stick with Mane now.

I like what Tyler mane brings to the table. He appears (From what footage I've seen ), to have that fluid motion of what Nick Castle had......an actual person, just walking and moving normally. Dick Warlock in H2, started the far more "robotic" walk. In the original, Michael actually moved quickly at times, eg. Jumping on the station wagon........coming down the stairs after Laurie......actually walking quickly across the street in the final "where's my keys" chase scene. That was always far more realistic for me, rather than the "Yul Brenner from WestWorld" walk in the later sequels. I still get annoyed at the scene in H2 where Laurie is "crawling" to the hospital doors at a speed of .00004/MPH, and Michael can't catch her! In reality.......she'd be toast. Zombie's vision seems to be correcting that along with what Tyler mane is bringing to the table.

Khan
05-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Michael isn't in a rush, as he knows he can accomplish his goal in his own time.

Todd
05-14-2007, 11:33 AM
The smile on little Mikeys face is chilling.
I'm guessing that shot is of him after killing his family.

Roswell
05-14-2007, 11:41 AM
That picture of little Michael reminds me of Psycho for some reason.

Khan
05-14-2007, 11:47 AM
That picture of little Michael reminds me of Psycho for some reason.

Yeah, like the stare Anthony Perkins gives the camera at the end of the film.

Man In Black
05-14-2007, 12:36 PM
http://robzombieshalloween.net/bdpix/schoolyoungmike.jpg

ghettomyers
05-14-2007, 12:58 PM
lil bad ass punk, id suspend him for bein creepy. and since when did they have lockers in elementry!!

Roswell
05-14-2007, 01:01 PM
lil bad ass punk, id suspend him for bein creepy. and since when did they have lockers in elementry!!

My elementary school had lockers, but we never used them.

ghettomyers
05-14-2007, 01:05 PM
o, well im guess im ghetto for a reason then

Khan
05-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Put some makeup on that kid and you could call him Michelle!:roflmao:

Considering the day I just had, I needed a little levity.

Terrortino
05-14-2007, 01:59 PM
man that Myers mask in this new film sure has a long neck....

*waits for it*

Neematoad
05-14-2007, 01:59 PM
That's funny becuae I remember having lockers in kindegarten but not grade school.

The thing I'm loving the most about these new pics is that they don't seem to mirror the events of the original. I guess he really is building apon the story.

The Frightmaster
05-14-2007, 03:30 PM
I love all the new pics. I wasn't to excited at first of the new Myers Mask but now seeing all these pics. of the mask I'm really excited to actually see it on the big screen. The only bad thing is I'm really excited about halloween but when it comes out I'll be just be starting school again. Even though I can't wait for Halloween to come out I don't want summer vacation to go past to quickly.

WhiteZombie
05-14-2007, 05:15 PM
All these new pictures are so good. Im deadly hoping i dont come in here to find a picture that spoils somthing....but I just cant keep out of this thread.

Monte
05-14-2007, 05:38 PM
When asked what he would do if he were the director of a Harry Potter movie, Mr. Zombie said, quote, "I'd probably be very violent with a lot of nudity. That's what it needs. Harry should say 'f---' a lot. That would spice it up."

Obviously he was joking, so at the very least we know that he is aware of what people criticize him for.

WhiteZombie
05-14-2007, 05:41 PM
When asked what he would do if he were the director of a Harry Potter movie, Mr. Zombie said, quote, "I'd probably be very violent with a lot of nudity. That's what it needs. Harry should say 'f---' a lot. That would spice it up."

Obviously he was joking, so at the very least we know that he is aware of what people criticize him for.

Haha, where did you get this information?...I think thats funny.

....Young Mike was part of The Kiss Army. How cool is that.

Khan
05-14-2007, 05:47 PM

Now that is a good sense of humor on his part!

"I'm Harry f**king Potter, motherf**ker!"

*puts a magic cap in your a$$*

Shatman
05-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Haha, where did you get this information?...I think thats funny.

....Young Mike was part of The Kiss Army. How cool is that.

it's from an mtv.com article

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1559408/story.jhtml

Monte
05-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Oops, forgot to post a source. Thanks for that.

Frazetta
05-14-2007, 07:34 PM
The smile on little Mikeys face is chilling.
I'm guessing that shot is of him after killing his family. No dipshit it's of him before he goes out Trick or Treating. Asfor the 4 new pics I'm lovin every single one of them. Espically Michael turning Bob into Mr. Pumpkinhead

mr32
05-14-2007, 07:41 PM
http://robzombieshalloween.net/bdpix/schoolyoungmike.jpg

Damn rob showing mike in school, that cool i wonder if rob put bullies in the script to pick on mike, and when he get older he make em paid.:nodsmile:

Man In Black
05-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Rob, regarding his Fangoria Weekend of Horror's appearence on Saturday in Burbank:
I've got some kick ass news about this coming Saturday. Joining me on stage to answer your questions will be a few other stars of HALLOWEEN including Sheri Moon Zombie, Scout Taylor-Compton and Danielle Harris.

ghettomyers
05-14-2007, 09:29 PM
sweeeeeeeet even though i wont be there

mcilroga
05-14-2007, 09:46 PM
sweeeeeeeet even though i wont be there

I laughed for a whole thirty-five seconds at that... hahahahahaha. That's funny. "Sweet" even though you won't be there? Shouldn't you be mad because you're not going to be there? Haha, "sweet." That's too nice, don't you think? I mean, I don't usually congratulate things I'm not going to be a part of. I usually get angry because I'm not going to be a part of it. So abruptly said too. Man, stick around forever, you're a classic. That's fucking hilarious, I love you. Hahaha, "sweet."

Lucifer
05-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Damn rob showing mike in school, that cool i wonder if rob put bullies in the script to pick on mike, and when he get older he make em paid.:nodsmile:

Yeah that would be good but then it shows why you should never pick on the quite ones

scoob
05-15-2007, 03:04 AM
Thanks Man In Black for the pics, I love all of em.
The second is my fav, it has that classic look and feel about it.
The third reminded me of Damien straight away from the end of the Omen but thats a good thing.

mr32
05-15-2007, 04:05 AM
Yeah that would be good but then it shows why you should never pick on the quite ones

Yeah it be really cool to see.:nodsmile:

zombie commando
05-15-2007, 05:56 AM

I hope that isn't the case. Seems kind of like glorifying revenge, which would be in bad taste. I don't want a stylized, cool killer that is seemingly justified in what he's doing. It'd be better if the motive behind his killing is unclear. If he's more of a psycho it gives more to be afraid of. Nobody's safe.

samhain51
05-15-2007, 06:18 AM
All you guys who get to see these conventions are4 fortunate you should feel lucky!!

MichaelFan_2k4
05-15-2007, 07:16 AM
All you guys who get to see these conventions are4 fortunate you should feel lucky!!

I reacon. I live all the way in Australia and we don't get fuck all. :(

krustytheklown
05-15-2007, 08:23 AM
i will admit those pics are freakin sweet. as long as RZ doesnt have michael as some misunderstood frankenstien monster then this movie should be a classic. i like the family freaking out in the trailer after michael kills his sisters. i always thought the mom and dad looked kind of silly just standing there with their hands in their pockets after little mike comes out of the house with a bloody butcher knife. my friends are still saying not to get my hopes up, but i will admit to doing just that. cant wait until august.

EvilOnTwoLegs
05-15-2007, 08:30 AM
i always thought the mom and dad looked kind of silly just standing there with their hands in their pockets after little mike comes out of the house with a bloody butcher knife.
Well, they had to stand there for a long time in order to allow for the crane shot. :p

Frazetta
05-15-2007, 08:51 AM
The fact that they stood there doesn't bother me. The fact that they stood there seemingly uninterested in what was going on really bothered me.

mr32
05-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I hope that isn't the case. Seems kind of like glorifying revenge, which would be in bad taste. I don't want a stylized, cool killer that is seemingly justified in what he's doing. It'd be better if the motive behind his killing is unclear. If he's more of a psycho it gives more to be afraid of. Nobody's safe.

Alright i see where you coming from, but look at the original he seen Tommy get bully, by those kids. So i asume he kind of relate to that bully back when he was in school. But i much rather see him as a killer as for no is not safe. But who knows aspect the people with the info.:nodsmile:

JKwinter
05-15-2007, 10:05 AM
i always thought the mom and dad looked kind of silly just standing there with their hands in their pockets after little mike comes out of the house with a bloody butcher knife.

Movie making and storytelling don't always have to be about replicating reality to the fullest extent. It's about telling the story; I mean, look at any Shakespeare story - they're purposely staged to hone in on plot development.

I like that shot because it sets the stage for the story ahead, and the style of filming is representative of the era in which it was filmed. This particular shot you describe has a Rod Serling undertone if I ever saw one.

zombie commando
05-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Alright i see where you coming from, but look at the original he seen Tommy get bully, by those kids. So i asume he kind of relate to that bully back when he was in school. I don't think the original had anything to do with bullying. Those girls that Myers methodically hunted down and slayed where certainly not bullies. I guess you could argue that they were taunting Laurie, but it wasn't Carpenter's intent to demonstrate Myers killing them because of that reason and I don't think it would be a good idea to make that the reason why The Shape stalks Laurie's friends.

I would rather he kept that notion of the story ambiguious. I'd rather he just kill them because he's an evil son of a bitch, not because he himself can sympathize with Laurie's plight or anybody elses.

krustytheklown
05-15-2007, 11:18 AM
yes, overexplaining a motive, such as was done in H6, black xmas remake, hannibal rising, ect though sometimes creative rarely have the desired result. like they said in scream"did they ever find out why hannibal lecter ate people? DONT THINK SO!" i agree that having a motive for MM is not as good as having him be an evil SOB who just likes to jack people up. i felt the tying JLC into being the shapes sister in H2 as way too much motive.if its a great movie otherwise i will still give it a thumbs up, as long as they leave out little mikey wacking off to photos of dead animals.

Khan
05-15-2007, 11:23 AM
yes, overexplaining a motive, such as was done in H6, black xmas remake, hannibal rising, ect

There is a natural human curiosity to know exactly what is going on and why, and movie studios don't always pick up on what the desired back story is.

zombie commando
05-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I would like to see the movie tease out several possible motives behind the madness that Myers perpetuates and never settle on a single one. To me that's more interesting than demonstrating Michael lashing back at childhood bullies. That concept (the revenge on childhood antagonizers) reduces what was once the very incarnation of evil to an hapless, lost, Columbine wannabe loser. I don't think Myers should be demonstrated as definitely going after his sisters and parents for any particular reason. I think if Zombie shows the Myers as a happy, cohesive, loveable family unit where Michael just one day flips the fuck out and kills everyone the impact of his actions are more felt. If he's a charming young lad with seemingly no reason to do what he does, just examples flirted with that might drive an already troubled person over the edge, the horror of his actions is that much more powerful.

Khan
05-15-2007, 02:06 PM
From what I have read (and it may of may not be true) his mom's boyfriend is an abusive alcoholic, so it isn't a happy household.

The Frightmaster
05-15-2007, 02:40 PM
What I can make out of RZ's halloween and JC's halloweens is in JC's halloween I think Michael was describe as evil and in RZ's he is describe as a psychopath. Is there a specific reason that RZ went for psychopath instead of Evil, I mean does psychopath make Michael out to be more human or something or did he just change that to differ his halloween from the original.

WhiteZombie
05-15-2007, 03:09 PM
What I can make out of RZ's halloween and JC's halloweens is in JC's halloween I think Michael was describe as evil and in RZ's he is describe as a psychopath. Is there a specific reason that RZ went for psychopath instead of Evil, I mean does psychopath make Michael out to be more human or something or did he just change that to differ his halloween from the original.

Well it certinaly does make him more human, wheather that was intention or not, but it problably was. Evil was amazing for the original, but I feel its good to humanise Michael more, makes him more scary in a way.

Worthystevens
05-15-2007, 03:18 PM
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8751/le9879f9cdae3535a91c5adph9.jpg

The Frightmaster
05-15-2007, 03:23 PM
You know that the mask, to me at least seems to look different in very picture just a bit.

Todd
05-15-2007, 04:05 PM
The fact that they stood there doesn't bother me. The fact that they stood there seemingly uninterested in what was going on really bothered me.
I didn't think they seemed uninterested.
They looked dumbfounded.
If your seemingly normal six year old was suddenly standing in front of you with a bloody butcher knife, it might take you a few seconds to shake off the shock and actually evaluate the situation.

Khan
05-15-2007, 04:40 PM
They looked dumbfounded.
If your seemingly normal six year old was suddenly standing in front of you with a bloody butcher knife, it might take you a few seconds to shake off the shock and actually evaluate the situation.

That is what I thought as well.

That had just got home to see him in that position, so it had to sink in.

Frazetta
05-15-2007, 06:15 PM
They looked dumbfounded.
Michael's Mother wasn't shaking off anything.....infact she didn't even move. It would have made more sense for Michael's Father to bend down to try & talk to Michael as Mrs. Myers runs into the house to check on her Daughter.

WhiteZombie
05-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Michael's Mother wasn't shaking off anything.....infact she didn't even move. It would have made more sense for Michael's Father to bend down to try & talk to Michael as Mrs. Myers runs into the house to check on her Daughter.

Yeah. You can call it a "time freeze" type moment. But if you dont buy that, then I agree...It was stupid of them(her) to just stand there.

Laow-Z
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Back on topic gentlemen...Here's the thread youz are talkin about..

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=5048&highlight=michaels+parents

MichaelFan_2k4
05-16-2007, 12:13 AM
In the latest 3 pictures from Rob Zombie, how do you think Michael got that pumpkin onto Bob's head? That's pertty crazy if you ask me plus, it has blood all over it ...

zombie commando
05-16-2007, 03:37 AM
From what I have read (and it may of may not be true) his mom's boyfriend is an abusive alcoholic, so it isn't a happy household.

I hope that isn't the case. It seems like an easy write off as to why Myers is a lunatic. It's been done in so many other slashers following Halloween that it seems kind of like taking a step backwards in the mythos rather than adding depth to it.

lola
05-16-2007, 04:22 AM
Does anyone know which movies at the movie theatre will be showing the Halloween preview? I went to see Grindhouse but there was no preview, very dissapoionted.

Man In Black
05-16-2007, 04:41 AM
I've heard (another??) trailer has been shown before Spider-man 3? Don't know if thats true or correct though...as in, whether its a different trailer or whether its being shown before SM3. So, I know nothing quite frankly and it was worthless even posting this :D

mr32
05-16-2007, 05:14 AM
I've heard (another??) trailer has been shown before Spider-man 3? Don't know if thats true or correct though...as in, whether its a different trailer or whether its being shown before SM3. So, I know nothing quite frankly and it was worthless even posting this :D

No when i went and seeb spidey 3 it wasnt attach to it.

Masked Madman
05-16-2007, 06:15 AM
I hope that isn't the case. It seems like an easy write off as to why Myers is a lunatic. It's been done in so many other slashers following Halloween that it seems kind of like taking a step backwards in the mythos rather than adding depth to it.
Why does eveyone keep saying this? i've never seen this idea of someone being abused and becoming a killer, except maybe in Freddy's Dead, in any horror movie ive seen.

There has to be some reason Michael snaps, and this is an idea i have never seen used. The only problem i have with this idea is that it might make us sympathize with him, it might seem like killing his family is justified. But I guess the sympathy for him would go away when he is an adult, because the killing of Laurie's friends and family wouldn't be justified.

I guess i'll just have to wait and see...

Lucifer
05-16-2007, 06:51 AM
I cant see us sympathizing with him , that doesnt bother me at all.Infact i think the way Zombie is going further back than the original film will help fill in all the gaps .

samhain51
05-16-2007, 06:55 AM
I cant see us sympathizing with him , that doesnt bother me at all.Infact i think the way Zombie is going further back than the original film will help fill in all the gaps .

I agree with you I know it will answer a lot of questions I have about Michael!

Man In Black
05-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Appearing this Saturday at FANGORIA WEEKEND OF HORRORS on behalf of HALLOWEEN in Burbank, California is:
Rob Zombie
Sheri Moon Zombie
Scout Taylor-Compton
Danielle Harris
Hanna Hall
Daeg Faerch

Khan
05-16-2007, 08:35 AM

They are really pushing the "Poor Michael" factor as part of the back story, so let's hope he isn't like that when he is an adult.

mr32
05-16-2007, 08:37 AM

Exactly, like when he was following Tommy at school in the original, we didnt know the reason behind that. But from all of the picture we have seen i'm really scare of mike again.:nodsmile:

zombie commando
05-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Why does eveyone keep saying this? i've never seen this idea of someone being abused and becoming a killer, except maybe in Freddy's Dead, in any horror movie ive seen.

Then watch more horror flicks, particularly slashers.

Giving Michael a fucked up childhood only serves to make him more human, thus generating more sympathy for him, thus making him less of a threat. The Shape from the original was scary precisely because you have no idea where he is coming from, what he's doing, what his motives are. Dr. Loomis keeps insisting that he isn't even human, then at the end he's seemingly proven to be correct.

Now, I don't mind them showing more of the Myer's house, or even Michael's childhood. I mind them turning pure evil into a teased white trash kid with an abusive stepfather lashing back at the world. That's what I mind and it doesn't add anything to the mythos; it takes away from it. I'd rather they bring back the dreaded thorn concept.

Severed Hand
05-16-2007, 11:03 AM

Giving Michael a fucked up childhood only serves to make him more human, thus generating more sympathy for him, thus making him less of a threat. The Shape from the original was scary precisely because you have no idea where he is coming from, what he's doing, what his motives are. Dr. Loomis keeps insisting that he isn't even human, then at the end he's seemingly proven to be correct.

Now, I don't mind them showing more of the Myer's house, or even Michael's childhood. I mind them turning pure evil into a teased white trash kid with an abusive stepfather lashing back at the world. That's what I mind and it doesn't add anything to the mythos; it takes away from it. I'd rather they bring back the dreaded thorn concept.

Wow. I hate disagreeing with people, but I have to here.

I would take pretty much any kind of story over the "Thorn" concept. It was a terrible mess. I think giving him the "Thorn" idea is no different than what this discussion is about. It gives a motive one way or the other......whether it's "Thorn", or "An abusive childhood", it's still an explanation.

I personally would rather see Michael dressed in a leather jacket water skiing, and jumping over a shark, then see anything "Thorn" related.

PG Soul
05-16-2007, 11:07 AM
In the latest 3 pictures from Rob Zombie, how do you think Michael got that pumpkin onto Bob's head? That's pertty crazy if you ask me plus, it has blood all over it ...

That's not Bob. :)

Masked Madman
05-16-2007, 11:15 AM

How about giving me examples of movies were they used the abusive upbringing.

and how does making Michael human make him less scary? If anything it will make him more scary. It would show that a Michael Myers could exist in reality, thus making him much more of a real threat.

wyatt s
05-16-2007, 11:39 AM
It would show that a Michael Myers could exist in reality, thus making him much more of a real threat.

That's sort of the idea I think. And I believe it is a good direction to go

devils-eyes
05-16-2007, 12:00 PM
That's not Bob. :)

then who is it?

punkrocklove
05-16-2007, 12:11 PM
could somebody do me the biggest favour in the world and post the pictures of the new halloween jumpsuit.
you know when everyone was arguing about them changing color

thanks a ton

Masked Madman
05-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Well the jumpsuit on set is brown/beige, in the movie it's going to be blue (i believe)

PG Soul
05-16-2007, 01:31 PM
then who is it?

It's a female.

Monte
05-16-2007, 01:33 PM
You know, looking at all the photos of Michael that have been released so far, I really feel the need to heap more praise on that fantastic mask. I absolutely fail to see how anyone anywhere could look at that and not be completely satisfied. To take issue with it being dirty and a bit roughed up is downright absurd.

mcilroga
05-16-2007, 01:36 PM

That's no female... that's most likely Bob. Just look at the arms and the shirt.

Neematoad
05-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Well the jumpsuit on set is brown/beige, in the movie it's going to be blue (i believe)

we've already addressed this like months ago, the color of the jumpsuit is not going to change I don't know how that rumor is still circulating. The coveralls will remain the same saturated brown color they have been in ever picture and screenshot from the film.

wyatt s
05-16-2007, 01:38 PM
That's no female... that's most likely Bob. Just look at the arms and the shirt.

agreed

I see nothing to suggest that it's female. I do believe it's probably Bob

mcilroga
05-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Oh yeah, and the no boobs thing which I didn't take into account before? Yeah, that too. :D

Neematoad
05-16-2007, 01:48 PM

How are they taking anything away from the already established mythos of the previous films. How does character development make some one less of a threat. Is he less likely to cuase just as much harm to the people in the film simpl becuase e has an actual motive to do so in this film. I don't get that logic.

kentuckygirl
05-16-2007, 02:28 PM
He did such a job with House of 1000's Corpses and Devil's Reject. I can only imagine how good this version of Halloween will be, since it is being done by Rob Zombie. My compliments to Mr. Zombie.:bow:

Todd 78
05-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh yeah, and the no boobs thing which I didn't take into account before? Yeah, that too. :D

Well it could be Danielle Harris.:bastard:

Khan
05-16-2007, 04:25 PM

Girls have boobs?

No one ever taught me that!:banana:

The Kilted One
05-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Well it could be Danielle Harris.:bastard:

Yep, assholes like you are the ones who give Bastards a bad name. "Don't you be dissin' Dani, fool." :roflmao:

Todd 78
05-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Yep, assholes like you are the ones who give Bastards a bad name. "Don't you be dissin' Dani, fool." :roflmao:

I adore her. It was just to easy of a set up. Blame the other guy for that.

In all seriousness Danielle is very pretty.

JKwinter
05-16-2007, 05:35 PM
It couldn't be Danielle anyway because she's not supposed to be wearing any clothes in this movie!:partyhat:

Lucifer
05-16-2007, 11:42 PM
I adore her. It was just to easy of a set up. Blame the other guy for that.

In all seriousness Danielle is very pretty.

Shes very pretty

Scoot
05-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Totally off subject..sort of..

But did any of you know that Malcom McDowell sang on a Pink Floyd tribute album called, "Back Against The Wall?" (2005)

He sings the song.."The Trial" from The Wall..

It is quite amazing...I had NO IDEA!!!

Being the old man Proghead I am ...I thought this was intereting.

I love Malcom McDowell!!

metaldrumz
05-17-2007, 12:19 AM
Totally off subject..sort of..

But did any of you know that Malcom McDowell sang on a Pink Floyd tribute album called, "Back Against The Wall?" (2005)

He sings the song.."The Trial" from The Wall..

It is quite amazing...I had NO IDEA!!!

Being the old man Proghead I am ...I thought this was intereting.

I love Malcom McDowell!!

Haha at "prog". Tell me you moved on, and now listen to DREAM THEATER!

Scoot
05-17-2007, 12:22 AM
Haha at "prog". Tell me you moved on, and now listen to DREAM THEATER!

Ah man..F Dream Theater..I hate that band...

Cause I am an old fart..;)

Scoot
05-17-2007, 12:28 AM
I dig Porcupine Tree though..does that help ;)

Man In Black
05-17-2007, 12:57 AM
http://robzombieshalloween.net/links/dhinterview.jpg (http://www.halloweenmovies.com/DanielleHarris/DH.html)

nwiser
05-17-2007, 03:08 AM

hmmm...no boobs. maybe its Annie then? :bastard: j/k

Edit: Sorry Sith I didnt see your post before i posted this initially.

zombie commando
05-17-2007, 03:21 AM
How about giving me examples of movies were they used the abusive upbringing.
Silent Night Deadly Night
Don't Go Into the House
Black Christmas (remake)
Humongous
Laserblast

........and how does making Michael human make him less scary?Because killing a person who was brought up as an abused child raised on food stamps is far easier than killing pure evil incarnate.

zombie commando
05-17-2007, 03:46 AM
It gives a motive one way or the other......whether it's "Thorn", or "An abusive childhood", it's still an explanation.
I guess you missed the last half of part 6 where it demonstrated that Myers could not be controlled, therefore negating the theory; so in the end we are left with no solid explaination, just arm chair musings as to why Michael does what he does so well.

Pepperkin
05-17-2007, 03:48 AM
Because killing a person who was brought up as an abused child raised on food stamps is far easier than killing pure evil incarnate.

I didn't realize that Michael was going to be more human and that he was going to die. If the movie makes alot and a sequel happens will they give us some crazy explanation as to how he survived like they did at the start of H8?

I agree with the pure evil thing. Way scarier than a screwed up human.

zombie commando
05-17-2007, 03:52 AM
Who knows. I read the leaked script (which I hope is totally fake because it sucks THAT bad) and at the end of that version Michael is shot to death by the police and they surround the body during the very last shot.

Husky Hombre
05-17-2007, 04:04 AM

I'm totally in LOVE with this pic...I can't help but to think with the "pumpkin" on his head..is Mr. Zombie paying tribute in a sick and twisted way to HALLOWEEN 3..?hmm:bow:

Laow-Z
05-17-2007, 04:16 AM
I'm totally in LOVE with this pic...I can't help but to think with the "pumpkin" on his head..is Mr. Zombie paying tribute in a sick and twisted way to HALLOWEEN 3..?hmm:bow:

Wow Ray is back????

LOL...anyway...Also it looks like Zombie is paying tribute to Bob's death in H1, wonder if we'll see this guy's feet??:)

ghettomyers
05-17-2007, 04:33 AM
http://robzombieshalloween.net/links/dhinterview.jpg (http://www.halloweenmovies.com/DanielleHarris/DH.html)

sweeeeeeeeeeet(says calmy) but ya thanks for dat bro, and to me it seems thats she more relaxed now not as scared, shes comin out more. I guess cause all those kick yo ass classes shes takin

Masked Madman
05-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Silent Night Deadly Night
Don't Go Into the House
Black Christmas (remake)
Humongous
Laserblast
Thats the list? A bunch of crap horror movies that nobody has seen? out of those Silent Night Deadly Night is the only one that is kind of a cult classic. Even so though the killer was abused by a nun in that movie, not his whole family. The idea is still new imo.

Because killing a person who was brought up as an abused child raised on food stamps is far easier than killing pure evil incarnate.
I don't get this at all, It doesn't matter at all if he is human or evil incarnate. If his will is strong enough to go after you and not stop until either you or he is dead, i don't get how he would be easier to kill. I mean your dealing with a psychopath hell bent on killing you. What do you think would happen? once he gets shot, stabbed, etc he'll just go, "well that hurt, i better run away so i don't die."

zombie commando
05-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Thats the list?
Hmmmmm let's see here....5 movies....in a row....containing the forementioned attributes....yes....that's a list.

The idea is still new imo....yet in reality it isn't. Merely because you are either ignorant of horror flicks in general, or somehow, miraculously, you're a huge horror buff and seem to have skipped over every movie that contains those elements, it still remains an unoriginal, uninspired concept. It's not new. It doesn't add anything to making Michael Myers, an already iconic horror figure, any more frightening. It makes him the next Columbine killer. The next V-Tech. A socially inept moron killing people out of revenge for being dealt a bad hand of cards in the game of life.

The only thing it's new to is Halloween. That's it.

I don't get this at all, It doesn't matter at all if he is human or evil incarnate. If his will is strong enough to go after you and not stop until either you or he is dead, i don't get how he would be easier to kill. I mean your dealing with a psychopath hell bent on killing you.
If you don't understand why not being able to kill something that's coming after you is scarier than dealing with a grown up, mentally retarded, mortal man then I really don't know what to tell you.

MischievousSpirit
05-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Damned Danielle Harris interview is taking forever to load. Isn't there a way to just download it instead?

krustytheklown
05-17-2007, 07:31 AM
either way, an elaborate michael myers backstory will serve to demystify the character. even if its a neat backstory that adds to the mythos, it will still take away the mystery that the first halloween had going for it. i dont really want to know why mm does what he does.thats better left up to the audiences imagination. also, if you make him too human it will limit the storylines avaliable for the sequels, and generate laughs from the audience if an obviously human guy gets up and walks away after being shot or stabbed or runover or whatever.MM should always be a mystery.

H-Field Hero
05-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Guys, 7 sequels demystified the character. This is just giving it a fresh start and doing something new with it. This movie is going to lessen Michael Myers anymore than H:R did. In fact it's most likely going to breath a huge wave of fresh air into the character.
Damned Danielle Harris interview is taking forever to load. Isn't there a way to just download it instead?Someone should be destroyed for not setting it up better.

Man In Black
05-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Damned Danielle Harris interview is taking forever to load. Isn't there a way to just download it instead?

Yes, its painfully slow. Maybe later on it'll end up on the official MySpace page (which means they might have it in flash & MySpace video). Maybe Tony should setup like an official YouTube account for the Halloween series for things like this - might speed things up.

NightmareMan84
05-17-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one having that problem with the interview. I thought something was wrong with my computer.

Lucifer
05-17-2007, 08:18 AM

This wont play for me AHHHHHHH

nwiser
05-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Who knows. I read the leaked script (which I hope is totally fake because it sucks THAT bad) and at the end of that version Michael is shot to death by the police and they surround the body during the very last shot.

yeah...that setup already has me thinking "Poor Michael". lets hope that isnt the case.

halo thirty one
05-17-2007, 08:24 AM
This Danielle Harris interview is frustrating the hell out of me. It keeps stopping and I can't rewind it if I want to listen to something a second time! ARGH!

JKwinter
05-17-2007, 09:04 AM
This wont play for me AHHHHHHH

Me too. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

It wants me to add on a bunch MS crap for the media player.....please.

zombie commando
05-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Guys, 7 sequels demystified the character.
Yet none of them turned him into trailer trash.

Fresh starts don't always mean a good thing. You can remake a movie while keeping everything that made that movie special in the first place and improve on it. I agreed with Zombie about unlikely coincidences of the original, but I don't think the character Michael Myers, the concepts surrounding him, need any tweeking.

You can show his childhood, his relationships with Loomis and other patients of Smith's Ward, and not tread on a character that has been iconic enough to create an entire franchise. Myers himself has never been the problem. Poor scripts and lame direction has.

....and of course this is all frivolous speculation. Nobody will know what is actually in the remake untill August. I really, really want it to rule more than any sequel past part 2.

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 10:08 AM
I like that Michael is getting the Human treatment. If it was just another slasher film with a superhuman, unstoppable, and invincable killing machine it wouldn't be frightening. That sort of thing may have worked in the 80's when it was still a relatively fresh idea but c'mon if it happened now, after the whole idea has been lampooned again and again and again it would just become laughable. It's the exact reason that The Friday the 13th films (or the Jason Flicks if you prefer) don't really work today, they are just too unbelievable. To make him more human and give him a true and honest backstory makes it more frightening simply due to the fact that suddenly you're forced to recognize that this could actually happen!!! and that's a good thing because it is the same idea that the original Halloween actually presented in '78 just done in a different way.

Masked Madman
05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Hmmmmm let's see here....5 movies....in a row....containing the forementioned attributes....yes....that's a list.
i was poitning out thats it's not a very strong list, its a list made up of mainly crappy D horror movies that nobody has really seen let alone heard of. Lets put it this way you named out of those five movies, two that people maybe have seen. That doesn't really help your argument because while this idea maybe old to you, it is new to others who haven't seen those dumb movies. Nice job btw taking the portion of my post that said "Thast the list?" to try and make me look stupid when my post actually said.
Thats the list? A bunch of crap horror movies that nobody has seen? Try reading the whole part next time.

...yet in reality it isn't. Merely because you are either ignorant of horror flicks in general, or somehow, miraculously, you're a huge horror buff and seem to have skipped over every movie that contains those elements, it still remains an unoriginal, uninspired concept. It's not new. It doesn't add anything to making Michael Myers, an already iconic horror figure, any more frightening. It makes him the next Columbine killer. The next V-Tech. A socially inept moron killing people out of revenge for being dealt a bad hand of cards in the game of life.

The only thing it's new to is Halloween. That's it.
I am ignorant of horror movies because i skipped over the whole 5 crap movies that have used this idea? The Madness! Im a huge horror fan, but I mainly watch the classic ones, Idon't watch the ones that are forgotten(and with good reason). What im trying to point out is that this new Halloween is targeted towards the newer and older audience. The newer audience hasn't seen those movies you've mentioned, and im sure half of the old audience hasn't. That makes the abuse angle still a very fresh idea.

If you don't understand why not being able to kill something that's coming after you is scarier than dealing with a grown up, mentally retarded, mortal man then I really don't know what to tell you.
When did Michael become mentally retarted? or are you saying being human makes you mentally retarted?

I was saying that the same effect can happen with a human Michael. You could keep taking him down, but he could keep getting back up. because he could be persistant enough to were he won't stop until he or his victim is dead. The will is everything.

Khan
05-17-2007, 10:38 AM

It is very much real.

Masked Madman
05-17-2007, 10:41 AM
The leaked script means absolutely nothing anyway, just watch the Danielle Harris interview.

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 10:42 AM
The idea of abusive childhoods spawning a killer in horror flicks isn't a particularly new one, although I have to say I'm at a loss to think of a really good example right now...never mind I just thought of one "Psycho" and its subsequent sequels, hope that's a good enough example. But yes even though the idea isn't particularly original perse I think it's a good one and could be integrated into the Halloween Mythos quite well.

Masked Madman
05-17-2007, 10:53 AM
The idea of abusive childhoods spawning a killer in horror flicks isn't a particularly new one, although I have to say I'm at a loss to think of a really good example right now...never mind I just thought of one "Psycho" and its subsequent sequels, hope that's a good enough example. But yes even though the idea isn't particularly original perse I think it's a good one and could be integrated into the Halloween Mythos quite well.
Psycho didn't have that idea. The movie was about Norman Bates going crazy after his Mom dies. The Dialogue of the Mom in the movies is Norman Bates talking to himself. So even if it was abuse it would be self-abuse, which is different than someone being abused by others.

zombie commando
05-17-2007, 10:57 AM
i was poitning out thats it's not a very strong list, its a list made up of mainly crappy D horror movies that nobody has really seen let alone heard of.
I'm not a walking almanac of movies, and while you insist that it's a new idea (even while contradicting yourself in the next sentence by saying it may be old to people who watch a lot of films:confused: ), it isn't one. Period. Ignorance is not an excuse.

That makes the abuse angle still a very fresh idea. To the Halloween franchise, sure. I hope they pull it off well. I hope it isn't an your face "my God I don't blame Myers for flipping out, what a poor guy" type thing.

The will is everything.You could "will" yourself to survive a dozen shotgun blasts all you want, but you sure as fuck aren't going to keep on ticking like Myers does. It doesn't matter how nutty you are.

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Psycho didn't have that idea. The movie was about Norman Bates going crazy after his Mom dies. The Dialogue of the Mom in the movies is Norman Bates talking to himself. So even if it was abuse it would be self-abuse, which is different than someone being abused by others.

You may be correct about the first one, haven't seen it in a while so I don't quite remember. But the sequels undoubtedly had the idea.

zombie commando
05-17-2007, 11:10 AM

His personality becomes dual. That of himself, and that of his mother. His mom speaks to the audience, via conversation with Norman, from the grave. People reaching out from the grave is a reoccuring theme in many Hitchcock films, and in this one when she does talk to Norman it's very manipulative and cruel in tone. So we could surmise from what Norman demonstrates to us that his mother was a cruel, controling caretaker. I doubt there is anybody out there that would argue that there was a healthy relationship between mother and son in the Bates household previous to her passing on.

Again it is demonstrated that abuse leads to homicide later on in life, even if indirectly, this time from a classical horror film.

PG Soul
05-17-2007, 11:11 AM

That's a female underneath the pumpkinhead, after all it is the night of trick or treat, and nothing is quite what it seems.

Khan
05-17-2007, 11:11 AM
The leaked script means absolutely nothing anyway, just watch the Danielle Harris interview.

Please elaborate on that, as I haven't seen it yet.

It is just promotion anyways, so it may not all be true.

DonaldPismyHero
05-17-2007, 11:13 AM
That's a female underneath the pumpkinhead, after all it is the night of trick or treat, and nothing is quite what it seems.

Looks like a man to me.

Masked Madman
05-17-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm not a walking almanac of movies, and while you insist that it's a new idea (even while contradicting yourself in the next sentence by saying it may be old to people who watch a lot of films:confused: ), it isn't one. Period. Ignorance is not an excuse.
I never said it was completely new i said, "It's new for people who haven't seen those movies" I never said it was completely new. I never said your an almanac, but you should be able to defend your ideas with plausible movies.

To the Halloween franchise, sure. I hope they pull it off well. I hope it isn't an your face "my God I don't blame Myers for flipping out, what a poor guy" type thing.
I hope it's not like that as well. I just think the idea there going to use is much better than using the idea that young Michael snapped out of nowhere again.

You could "will" yourself to survive a dozen shotgun blasts all you want, but you sure as fuck aren't going to keep on ticking like Myers does. It doesn't matter how nutty you are.
Yeah i wasn't thinking shotgun blasts, because logically he couldn't survive that. I was thinking more like sewing needles in the neck, coathangers to the eye, and getting stabbed. You know all that good stuff...

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Please elaborate on that, as I haven't seen it yet.

It is just promotion anyways, so it may not all be true.

Harris said that they changed things on the fly all the time during the shoot so nothing is the same

PG Soul
05-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Looks like a man to me.

It's Mrs ****** underneath that outfit.

mcilroga
05-17-2007, 11:16 AM

Haha, funny joke. :D

Anyway, because a film may be 'crappy' the idea it used remains original now? That makes no sense... people have seen Silent Night, Deadly Night - no doubt has Rob Zombie. The quality of the movie doesn't matter, the point being the idea has been used before therefore is uninnovative now.

Khan
05-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Harris said that they changed things on the fly all the time during the shoot so nothing is the same

Interesting.

Does Rob agree with this, or is it a case of her acting like Scout and making things up?

Masked Madman
05-17-2007, 11:20 AM

Anyway, because a film may be 'crappy' the idea it used remains original now? That makes no sense... people have seen Silent Night, Deadly Night - no doubt has Rob Zombie. The quality of the movie doesn't matter, the point being the idea has been used before therefore is uninnovative now.

I never said the idea wasn't used because it was a crappy movie. I was saying the idea is new to the audience who hasn't seen them, the new audience.

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Interesting.

Does Rob agree with this, or is it a case of her acting like Scout and making things up?

From the way she presents it, rather intelligently and well thought out, it sounds fairly legitimate

PG Soul
05-17-2007, 11:21 AM

Seriously that's a red herring scene right there, it's not what it appears to be, plus it's an outdoor shot.

Masked Madman
05-17-2007, 11:24 AM
His personality becomes dual. That of himself, and that of his mother. His mom speaks to the audience, via conversation with Norman, from the grave. People reaching out from the grave is a reoccuring theme in many Hitchcock films, and in this one when she does talk to Norman it's very manipulative and cruel in tone. So we could surmise from what Norman demonstrates to us that his mother was a cruel, controling caretaker. I doubt there is anybody out there that would argue that there was a healthy relationship between mother and son in the Bates household previous to her passing on.

Again it is demonstrated that abuse leads to homicide later on in life, even if indirectly, this time from a classical horror film.
But there is still no proof in Psycho that the Mother abused him. He could have just hated his Mother and acted out what he thought of her when she died. I mean it is stil abuse, but it's a different type of abuse than that of whats in RZ's Halloween.

Khan
05-17-2007, 11:27 AM
From the way she presents it, rather intelligently and well thought out, it sounds fairly legitimate

She is probably putting her spin on things, but it seems somewhat credible.

Did she mention sequals or the ending?

As for this discussion of original ideas, there are none of those present in the movie, as there hasn't been an original idea in years.

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 11:28 AM
But there is still no proof in Psycho that the Mother abused him. He could have just hated his Mother and acted out what he thought of her when she died. I mean it is stil abuse, but it's a different type of abuse than that of whats in RZ's Halloween.

Yeah but it's the same premise used in a classic movie. Face it the idea is in no way innovative or new. and despite the fact that todays audience may not have seen this done in a move, most of them will already be famillure with the idea. Hell the topic of Nature or Nurture is discussed in ever 8th grade Psychology class across America.

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 11:30 AM
She is probably putting her spin on things, but it seems somewhat credible.

Did she mention sequals or the ending?

As for this discussion of original ideas, there are none of those present in the movie, as there hasn't been an original idea in years.

Nope, not that I remember. She was very careful not to give away any crucial info. She has been at the game for a while and isn't as likely to make the same type of flubs that Scout had. Over all the interview was very good I'd have to say. She really comes off as very intelligent and respectful to the fan base.

And Hey, there's been original ideas just like when... or the time... fuck it your right.

DonaldPismyHero
05-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Me too. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

It wants me to add on a bunch MS crap for the media player.....please.

It's not asking me for that, but it's taking a while to load. Oh well, I will wait. :D I submitted a few questions for them to ask Danielle and I'm curious if they got in. haha

zombie commando
05-17-2007, 11:33 AM
....but you should be able to defend your ideas with plausible movies.
You're using the word plausible wrong, but I think you mean "popular", which isn't what you asked for, you asked for examples, and I gave you some. That, in itself, proves that the concept isn't entirely fresh. I can't believe that anybody is even arguing the originality it. I'm sure that even Rob Zombie would agree with me that there are many other movies that use the same, general concept we are discussing here.

You do know that most of the slasher films I was originally refering to, the same ones that could be said to have been directly influenced by Halloween, are considered obscure films. Unless I talk about the main 4 (TCM, NOES, Fthe13th, Halloween) it doesn't appear that any example will satisfy you.

I just thought of a few more while typing: Slaughter High, Pieces, Prom Night, and Carrie.

Masked Madman
05-17-2007, 11:36 AM
I NEVER SAID THE IDEA WAS NEW!!!!

Will people read it now that it's in caps. I said it's an idea that the newer audience hasn't seen, meaning it's new to them.

Im not getting into a discussion about the differences between the abuse in Psycho and RZ's Halloween so ill say my peace then thats it for me. The abuse is self-inflicted mental abuse in Psycho, where in the new Halloween it is physical and verbal abuse from family and possibly from kids at school. So i'll leave it at that.

Carrie is a good example, but it's still different abuse then in Halloween.

Plausible: seemingly worthy of approval or acceptance; credible.

Listing shitty horror movies that very few people have seen isn't credible.

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 11:37 AM
I just thought of a few more while typing: Slaughter High, Pieces, Prom Night, and Carrie

Carrie is a brilliant example, if that's not acceptable then somebody is just refusing to see the point no matter what

PG Soul
05-17-2007, 11:38 AM

Will people read it now that it's in caps. I said it's an idea that the newer audience hasn't seen, meaning it's new to them.

Im not getting into a discussion about the differences between the abuse in Psycho and RZ's Halloween so ill say my peace then thats it for me. The abuse is self-inflicted mental abuse in Psycho, where in the new Halloween it is physical and verbal abuse from family and possibly from kids at school. So i'll leave it at that.

Well put...

Khan
05-17-2007, 11:39 AM
And Hey, there's been original ideas just like when... or the time... fuck it your right.

:roflmao:

The best one can hope for these days is a creative use of an existing idea.

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 11:41 AM
:roflmao:

The best one can hope for these days is a creative use of an existing idea.

or atleast the use of an idea, something a lot of modern horror seems to lack if you know what I mean.

Thurisaz
05-17-2007, 11:43 AM
For those having issues with the Danielle interview.

Right Click, Save As
http://www.ohmb.net/DanielleHarris_15-MAY-2007.wmv

zombie commando
05-17-2007, 11:43 AM

Yeah, you did.....

The idea is still new imo.

:crazy:

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 11:47 AM

I hate to be a dickhead but...

Masked Madman
05-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Zombiecommando Oh well, i guess i did. But im sure i didn't mean to say that it was new. I ment to say it was fresh. Anyway my point from there on was that the idea is new to the newer audience.

Wyatt s why does that have anything to do with me saying it was a new idea. I was saying Freddy's Dead is the only horror movie ive seen where physical abuse was involved, referring to were his dead is beating him with a belt.

Man In Black
05-17-2007, 11:52 AM
TJ you are a hero of Batmanic proportions:D I had another 5 hours to go on that damn download:) I tried that damn thing out in work about 9am UK time this morning, played like a dream - should DL'd it then:)

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Wyatt s why does that have anything to do with me saying it was a new idea. I was saying Freddy's Dead is the only horror movie ive seen where physical abuse was involved, referring to were his dead is beating him with a belt.

Saw the post and appear to me that you were referring to the idea of abuse spawning a killer not having been used, that you could see, and assume that's was relevent to the discussion we were having. If it was not intended when you intially posted it to sound the way that I interpreted it then I apologize for misrepresenting it.

Now I will say this after the arguement that somehow I let myself get dragged in to, despite the fact that the idea of an abusive past is not particularly new, I DO LIKE IT. It brings an interesting and new take on an old character.

Masked Madman
05-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Watching the interview was slow for me too, so i just left my computer for like an hour then came back and it was loaded.

Saw the post and appear to me that you were referring to the idea of abuse spawning a killer not having been used, that you could see, and assume that's was relevent to the discussion we were having. If it was not intended when you intially posted it to sound the way that I interpreted it then I apologize for misrepresenting it.

Now I will say this after the arguement that somehow I let myself get dragged in to, despite the fact that the idea of an abusive past is not particularly new, I DO LIKE IT. It brings an interesting and new take on an old character.
See my intention wasn't to say the idea was never used. My intention was to show that the target audience of the new Halloween is the new/younger audience, which means that the idea of Michael being abused in the movie is a new one to them.

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Watching the interview was slow for me too, so i just left my computer for like an hour then came back and it was loaded.

I liked it she does a very good interview. Very professional in contrast to those of Scout or others that I've seen.

fangface
05-17-2007, 12:02 PM

I've never read the book by Robert Bloch, but the movie Psycho IV tells the backstory of Norman and his mother. (And yes, his mother is psychotic and extremely abusive towards him.)

Khan
05-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I liked it she does a very good interview. Very professional in contrast to those of Scout or others that I've seen.

Scout is the Ultimate Warrior of the Halloween world in terms of interviews.

In other news, Danielle comes off well in the interview.

Pepperkin
05-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Plausible: seemingly worthy of approval or acceptance; credible.

Listing shitty horror movies that very few people have seen isn't credible.

It was credible in my opinion. If the remake sucks will that instantly put it into a list of movies that are considered sh*tty so therefor they aren't credible?

Roswell
05-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Love the interview. Danielle looks great and really answers the questions like a pro.

Man In Black
05-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Its that man in the mask again:
http://robzombieshalloween.net/robnewmyers.jpg

ghettomyers
05-17-2007, 01:30 PM
daaaaaaaaaamnnnnnn u beat me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its cool, im cool i aint even gone trip

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 01:39 PM
http://robzombieshalloween.net/robnewmyers.jpg

Ya know, this may seem odd, but in looking at this mask the thing I love the most is actually the hair. I have no goddamn idea why but I love the hair.

Man In Black
05-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Ismael Cruz
http://robzombieshalloween.net/ismael.jpg

Roswell
05-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Great picture!

Since you posted that picture, let me bring something up from a while back when the mask was still in question. I remember a few people were saying that a fan mask maker should have created the mask for the film, and when they found out that Wayne Toth was doing it, they were kind of disappointed. Well, it turns out that the mask for the film was actually based on a design by Justin Mabry of Nightowl Productions. You can read about it here: http://forums.nightowlpro.com/index.php?showtopic=20646

Just an interesting little fact for you guys.

Khan
05-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Ismael Cruz
http://robzombieshalloween.net/ismael.jpg

Considering what his character was supposed to do in the movie (and maybe still does), he looks suitably sleazy.

EDIT:

Mixed up characters.

Masked Madman
05-17-2007, 01:57 PM
I've never read the book by Robert Bloch, but the movie Psycho IV tells the backstory of Norman and his mother. (And yes, his mother is psychotic and extremely abusive towards him.)

Yeah but we were talking about part 1.

It was credible in my opinion. If the remake sucks will that instantly put it into a list of movies that are considered sh*tty so therefor they aren't credible?
If it flops and is forgotten about in 20 years, yes.

Man In Black
05-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Considering what his character was supposed to do in the movie (and maybe still does), he looks suitably sleazy.

You're thinking of Nole Kluggs (Lew Temple) & Kendall Jacks (Courtney Gains)...Ismael's one of the good guys.

Khan
05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
You're thinking of Nole Kluggs (Lew Temple) & Kendall Jacks (Courtney Gains)...Ismael's one of the good guys.

Oh yeah, my bad.:crazy:

The Kilted One
05-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Great picture!

Since you posted that picture, let me bring something up from a while back when the mask was still in question. I remember a few people were saying that a fan mask maker should have created the mask for the film, and when they found out that Wayne Toth was doing it, they were kind of disappointed. Well, it turns out that the mask for the film was actually based on a design by Justin Mabry of Nightowl Productions. You can read about it here: http://forums.nightowlpro.com/index.php?showtopic=20646

Just an interesting little fact for you guys.

The link didn't work for me... that's neither here, nor there, though... what I was wondering was if anyone has heard about when/if an officially licenced mask will hit the shelves?

Masked Madman
05-17-2007, 02:33 PM
The link didn't work for me... that's neither here, nor there, though... what I was wondering was if anyone has heard about when/if an officially licenced mask will hit the shelves?
Yeah i want to know that to, the mask looks great imo.

JKwinter
05-17-2007, 04:41 PM
To Deadpool:

Thank You.

The soundtrack on that interview had me going man!

Laow-Z
05-17-2007, 04:52 PM

I'm curious too. I'm hoping at the latest I can find one at August's Monster Mania since it's labeled as "Halloween Reunion II"

WhiteZombie
05-17-2007, 07:03 PM
The new Myers picture looks wicked. About this interveiw, are there any spoilers? if not I want to watch it

Pepperkin
05-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah but we were talking about part 1.

If it flops and is forgotten about in 20 years, yes.

So if someone makes a movie in the future where the killer was abused as a child and someone lists Halloween as an earlier film that used that in it's story it isn't credible?

So only popular movies that use the same story elements count?

The new Myers looks great and so does Loomis.
I hope he has his trench coat though.

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 08:15 PM

Not the same one but yes he has a nice light brown Trench Coat

Pepperkin
05-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Not the same one but yes he has a nice light brown Trench Coat
Thanks for telling. That's great news.
In my opinion the coat is to Loomis what the mask is to Michael.

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks for telling. That's great news.
In my opinion the coat is to Loomis what the mask is to Michael.

Well we are in total agreement on that one.

Neematoad
05-17-2007, 09:55 PM
So if someone makes a movie in the future where the killer was abused as a child and someone lists Halloween as an earlier film that used that in it's story it isn't credible?

So only popular movies that use the same story elements count?

The new Myers looks great and so does Loomis.

I don't want tos peak for him but I thiink he and I fail to see how are why you would equate michaels tortured childhood to Rob borrowing a formula from an unsucessful irrelavent film, that doesnt make much sence. And the abused child truning into a psychopathic murder angle isnt a movie formula, thats pretty much how it goes down in real life.

WhiteZombie
05-17-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't want tos peak for him but I thiink he and I fail to see how are why you would equate michaels tortured childhood to Rob borrowing a formula from an unsucessful irrelavent film, that doesnt make much sence. And the abused child truning into a psychopathic murder angle isnt a movie formula, thats pretty much how it goes down in real life.

Yeah I mean some nice boy snapping, is just to unreal. You cant relate. But look at Charles Manson (one example, I could give more), fucked up childhood, fucked up man.....Its real.

wyatt s
05-17-2007, 10:14 PM
I for one am a big fan of character study films so I'm really looking forward to seeing how the childhood abuse and, shall we say "evolution", of Myers plays out. Psychology is always a good jumping point for a horror film

mr32
05-17-2007, 10:36 PM
The pics were great i had to snatch one for myself.

Lucifer
05-17-2007, 11:37 PM
For those having issues with the Danielle interview.

Right Click, Save As
http://www.ohmb.net/DanielleHarris_15-MAY-2007.wmv

Thanks for that, i shall watch this later when i'm on my own

Pepperkin
05-17-2007, 11:52 PM
I don't want to speak for him but I think he and I fail to see how or why you would equate michaels tortured childhood to Rob borrowing a formula from an unsuccessful irrelevent film, that doesn't make much sense. And the abused child turning into a psychopathic murder angle isn't a movie formula, thats pretty much how it goes down in real life.

Ok i thought the argument was this:

Is the abused angle a new thing? The answer is no.
You can argue about some films not being popular enough to be taken into consideration but that still doesn't change the fact that those movies were done first and used the abused child.

Who said it was just a movie angle :question:

I'm not trying to fight here but i just think it's silly to call the idea of child abuse turning Myers evil new because the films that used that idea first weren't huge hits.

wyatt s
05-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Ok i thought the argument was this:

Is the abused angle a new thing? The answer is no.
You can argue about some films not being popular enough to be taken into consideration but that still doesn't change the fact that those movies were done first and used the abused child.

Who said it was just a movie angle :question:

I'm not trying to fight here but i just think it's silly to call the idea of child abuse turning Myers evil new because the films that used that idea first weren't huge hits.

well, let me first say I don't really want to be drawn into this argument again. That said, yes the idea that because the films aren't well know it is no longer credible is fairly rediculous. Buuut, I think what he's saying is that because the film is not known well it makes the idea new to the majority of audiences. There is a certain truth to that sentiment, but I disagree with it. I think the idea of abuse spawning Killers is almost archetypal at this point, despite the fact that it hasn't aparently been used in a lot of real mainstream films. Like I said before, Nature vs Nurture (which is really at the heart of what we're discussing here) has been discussed at length in every 8th grade Psycholgy class across America.

zombie commando
05-18-2007, 03:22 AM
They didn't like those movies, or Psycho for that matter, therefore those films don't count. So it's pointless to argue that point. You could list 5,000 flicks that have the same elements and if they didn't like them, or if they weren't mainstream enough, they'd dismiss the entire list.

Man In Black
05-18-2007, 05:55 AM
The Danielle interview has now been converted to YouTube and viewable in parts on HM.com for anyone still unable to watch it.

http://www.halloweenmovies.com/DanielleHarris/DH.html

samhain51
05-18-2007, 05:58 AM
I got some info on the new movie ! I think from what I know it will be the best along side the original! A instant CLassic!

Man In Black
05-18-2007, 06:20 AM
Are you willing to share this info? Because some people didn't like it that last time someone said that:D

samhain51
05-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Are you willing to share this info? Because some people didn't like it that last time someone said that:D

I dont want to ruin it for other people and I know that I was against reading the script I couldnt help myself ! ITs just my opinion and I dont want to get in trouble or banned thanks Man in Black for the heads up though My name is al ! Im very excited after reading it ! Isnt it amazing how us computer people can get our hands on just about anything ! :roflmao: :roflmao:

krustytheklown
05-18-2007, 06:49 AM
I dont want MM to be realistic, i want him to be iconic.i dont enjoy movies like henry:portrait of a serial killer because i enjoy escapism,not something to remind me just how f*cked up society has become. thats why i enjoy movies about guys who kill you in your dreams, guys in hockey masks, and most of all, guys who are "other than natural" killers in white shatner masks. im not saying halloween doesnt need to be more realistic. i groaned in H4 when it became apparant that MM could now chuck a full sized human 20 feet into some power lines, and walk off getting shot by 10 guys with shotguns.i do not however, want to see MM portrayed as an abused gen Y kid who gets payback on childhood bullies or people who otherwise pissed him off when he was a kid. i love the no motive concept.it leaves more to the imagination allows the audience to come up with their own conclusions.

Lucifer
05-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Yeah but if its too unbeleiveable then it just becomes silly .So youve got to have some realism there.

Severed Hand
05-18-2007, 08:32 AM
I just don't get what the problem is with the backstory etc.

I mean we have a man/killer, who gets a Knitting needle in the neck........clothes hanger in the eye........a knife in the chest...... shot 6 times at close range......falls from about 18ft to the ground..........walks through glass doors............gets shot some more.......then gets shot in both eyes...........gets blown up and burns like a deep fried oreo.........gets shot a whole crap load more times, with shotguns I may add..............gets stabbed, punched and beaten repeatedly........becomes part of a cult...........drives halfway across america.........gets punched, kneed in the nuts.......stabbed a bunch of times........falls about 16 feet........gets punched some more.............gets beat up by a kung fu "wanna be"..........falls about 15 ft and gets hung............gets beat up some more.............and finally gets electrocuted.

And we are worried about some back story about abuse that causes him to be this way????????????

I don't think anything should be surprising or disapointing at this point. Everything I've read in the script, and now it's changes......sound perfectly realistic and scary. Far better than any of the crap I've had to watch throughout this series.

Masked Madman
05-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Well at least im not alone on this, pretty much what you said was what i was going to say. Thats why i was saying the idea is fresh because most of the movies using the idea were crap and movies that a small percentage of people have seen. Meaning the idea was used before, but not in any films the newer audience has seen..

mannylb88
05-18-2007, 08:51 AM
alright...what?

Masked Madman
05-18-2007, 08:54 AM
alright...what?
oh god no, please don't start the argument up again......

samhain51
05-18-2007, 09:08 AM
All these so called deaths of Michael were made so it could be unrealistic to come back ! THis made him superhuman ! why not take it to another level and make him human like ! I think this way is much better because of the shitty way the franchise was heading ! THis just being my opinion!

krustytheklown
05-18-2007, 09:16 AM
no argument that the series went completely frak city. im just making comparisons between RZ halloween and JC halloween. no doubt it went off the deep end regarding logic, realism, and enjoyment starting with H5 and ending with busta kung fu action. if michael is completely human, i just dont see how hell survive more than one sequel, once folks realize they have a mass murderer in haddonfield. the backstory to me also just fills in gaps for me that id rether do myself. just my personal choice. it wont ruin the movie for me if they do it right.

samhain51
05-18-2007, 09:19 AM
no argument that the series went completely frak city. im just making comparisons between RZ halloween and JC halloween. no doubt it went off the deep end regarding logic, realism, and enjoyment starting with H5 and ending with busta kung fu action. if michael is completely human, i just dont see how hell survive more than one sequel, once folks realize they have a mass murderer in haddonfield. the backstory to me also just fills in gaps for me that id rether do myself. just my personal choice. it wont ruin the movie for me if they do it right.

I dont blow him up with grenades then we wont have this discussion any more!!! LOL:)

Masked Madman
05-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Well see if they don't make the death of Michael in the movie to over the top, human Michael could come back like the supernatural Michael.

samhain51
05-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Well see if they don't make the death of Michael in the movie to over the top, human Michael could come back like the supernatural Michael.

Once again its Hollywood theres always a way to come back!!!:drool:

Khan
05-18-2007, 09:25 AM
I dont want to ruin it for other people and I know that I was against reading the script I couldnt help myself ! ITs just my opinion and I dont want to get in trouble or banned thanks Man in Black for the heads up though My name is al ! Im very excited after reading it ! Isnt it amazing how us computer people can get our hands on just about anything ! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Whan I read it I was astonished at how bad it was, but thankfully, things have changed.

zombie commando
05-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Whan I read it I was astonished at how bad it was, but thankfully, things have changed.
I can't imagine them giving the original script a green light. It was so gut wrenchingly aweful that if they had shot it the way the original script was it would be an utter, and complete joke. It was worse than Halloween: Resurrection and House of the Dead combined.

Masked Madman
05-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Danielle Harris said alot of the script was changed when the movie was shot in that interview

zombie commando
05-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Danielle Harris said alot of the script was changed when the movie was shot in that interview

I believe that the final product will definitely look vastly different from the script I read. It has to because I can't imagine any producer giving that script the go ahead for production.

Myers runs in it, jerks off to the animals he kills, sodomizes his sister with a baseball bat, and pisses on corpses.....just for starters.

Khan
05-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I can't imagine them giving the original script a green light. It was so gut wrenchingly aweful that if they had shot it the way the original script was it would be an utter, and complete joke. It was worse than Halloween: Resurrection and House of the Dead combined.

I have my hunches that the early draft being leaked was a publicity stunt to keep the talk alive.

Severed Hand
05-18-2007, 11:07 AM
That "rough" draft was simply that.....rough. The basis of it will remain, but much of the "controversial" stuff was cut out long ago.......well before it even became an issue online. By the time it's gets to a shooting draft it'll have gone through many changes, and then even more during filming. Then you have to consider editing.

Even the "final" script of Carpenter's classic changed slightly during filming.

No worries from me..........the basis of even the "rough" draft was fine. Once some of the "controversial" stuff is taken out, it's actually got some great ideas ( timelines etc ). All I care is that Michael becomes scary again, and I think that will happen. I mean most people liked the trailer, and that was slapped together with very little film footage in very little time. This movie will be fine.

As someone already mentioned as well............why was it leaked???? Cause CONTROVERSY sells......plain and simple.

Franchise
05-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Who are you? Eric Bischoff?

Masked Madman
05-18-2007, 11:21 AM
I have my hunches that the early draft being leaked was a publicity stunt to keep the talk alive.
I've always thought that too.

wyatt s
05-18-2007, 11:33 AM
I've always been of the opinion that the leaked script was most likely just Rob running through it to get the jist of what he wanted to do, and not really supposed to be the movie itself if that makes any sense to anybody else. But yeah I have nothing to back that up of course it's just my gut feeling.

krustytheklown
05-18-2007, 11:35 AM
i tell myself not to spoil the movie by reading scripts or script reviews, but i do it anyway. i will admit that the script reviews really dampened my enthusiasm for the movie. hell, i didnt even read the script. i saw the original halloween in the movie theater opening night in kansas city when i was 11. had absolutely NO idea what i was seeing.imagine the experience. now everything is leaked and ruined months beforehand, or at the very least your expectations tainted, raised, or lowered. i miss the old days. i know its as easy as just not looking, but hey when im at work i enjoy looking at movie sites on the web, or checking out fightnews or world events.its just a habit.at least august isnt as far away as phantom menace seemed to be when it was announced back in '96(speaking of dissapointments)

wyatt s
05-18-2007, 11:38 AM
i tell myself not to spoil the movie by reading scripts or script reviews, but i do it anyway

If I'm anticipating a movie, I tend to learn everything I possibly can about it before hand. From early reviews, set reports, and yes, even leaked early drafts. I Love that sort of thing. It's almost like scrap booking the life of the movie.

Roswell
05-18-2007, 11:47 AM
See, I'm the exact opposite of you two. I try to know as little as possible about a film I'm anticipating. I just find out the basics and avoid the rest. That way there's something I can anticipate.

If I looked up as much information as possible on a film before I had see it, there would be nothing left to enjoy and I most likely would walk out of the movie disappointed with no one to blame but myself, and I definately don't want that.

wyatt s
05-18-2007, 11:50 AM
see I'm a fan of the filmmaking process though, and find the whole thing intensely facinating so I just can't stay away for some reason.

EvilOnTwoLegs
05-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Okay, as far as the backstory goes, here's the thing. No, it's not a new angle. But neither is anything else. In point of fact, the idea of "Pure Evil" is anything but new. It dates back thousands of years...whereas the realization that upbringing has a strong psychological and sociological link to adult behavior is a notion with roots primarily in the past 250 years. So let's face it..."Pure Evil," as a concept, is hardly innovative. Nor was it when the original Halloween was made.

The idea that slasher films should present us with new and original concepts is pretty laughable. All they ever do is present a different twist on an old idea. Just like...pretty much everything else. That's what "original" means in Hollywood...a new twist on a tried-and-true concept. They want something they know will make money, so they stick with the old standbys, and try to do something different with them.

I understand where people are coming from here...upbringing influencing behavior isn't a new concept in these films. But the thing is, neither is Pure Evil, nor was it when Halloween was made. Pure Evil, in fact, has a much longer and broader cinematic history than "abuse" or "upbringing" backstories. So saying "This is not a new idea," and then insisting that Michael Myers should be Pure Evil, is pretty much a "Pot and Kettle" statement. What you're really saying is "This isn't a new idea, so it sucks. I want them to use an even older idea instead." And that makes no sense.

wyatt s
05-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Well, when you concider that "Pure Evil" can be traced as far back as cave drawings, you're absolutely right.

Roswell
05-18-2007, 12:08 PM
see I'm a fan of the filmmaking process though, and find the whole thing intensely facinating so I just can't stay away for some reason.

I'm a fan of the process too, but still, I'd rather not have the movie ruined for me in any way possible if I can help it. I mean, the information will still be there after you see the movie, and I find that it's much more interesting to read it after the movie than before it.

For instance: early drafts. Reading them after the finished product is more interesting to me because you can see what ideas were used and what ideas weren't and see how it compares to the finished product.

If you read it before the movie, and say you really liked an idea but it wasn't in the finished product, it would possibly affect your entire outlook on the film, and I don't like that to happen until after I see the movie for the first time. I don't want my first viewing experience to be tainted by anything (reviews, lots of information, etc.), if you see what I mean. That's one reason why I haven't read the early draft of this film (other than the fact that it's a very early draft and that a lot has apparently changed since it). I don't want it to affect how I view the film the first time.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Todd
05-18-2007, 12:18 PM
In the original, little Mikey was apparently a normal six year old kid until he flipped out and killed his sister (although we just assume he was normal before then since we have nothing else to go by). In Zombies version, he'll have been abused in some way prior to his becoming a killer.
Both scenarios are plausible, so I don't see why some people are having such a problem with what RZ is trying to do.
In the past, people were considered "pure evil" because we didn't have a name for such things as psychopathology. If someone did something irrational that caused harm to someone, and had no apparent reason for doing so other than simply enjoying the act, they were just "evil". Now we call such people "mentally ill". We don't know all of the causes of mental illness, but it's safe to say that some people seem to be predisposed to it, while others are emotionally damaged by abuse.
The truth is, as I got older, I had a problem with Loomis describing Michael as "pure evil". Would a psychiatrist use that term? Maybe he was just talking down to the "common folk" when he described Michael that way.