View Full Version : Rob Zombie's Halloween: Discussion VI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

atomic dog
04-18-2007, 01:27 PM
from here:

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=11024

Todd
04-18-2007, 02:45 PM
For those who were questioning a younger Loomis having long hair, not all psychologists, psychiatrists, or counselers go for the well groomed look. Loomis is school psychologist in this movie, so it's not out of line for him to have a more down to earth look so that the students would be better able to relate.

samhain51
04-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Ya know I heard this Halloween will be In modern times so obviously they need to make Loomis more Modern looking!!!

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm not bothered by the idea of young loomis having long hair, the problem is that it doesn't look good. It's kind of ugly and i worry that it'll be distracting while i'm watching it

The Frightmaster
04-18-2007, 03:14 PM
With the long hair he kind of looks like a homeless person. Not saying that all long haired people look homeless though but Malcum can't pull the long hair off.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 03:19 PM
I seems to me that the real reason behind the long hair is to make him look younger, and unfortunately it just looks like a 60someodd old man with cheesey long hair. It was a bad idea.

Todd
04-18-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm not bothered by the idea of young loomis having long hair, the problem is that it doesn't look good. It's kind of ugly and i worry that it'll be distracting while i'm watching it
You'll probably only see him like that once or twice during the first 30 or 40 minutes of the film, so I wouldn't worry.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 03:20 PM
You'll probably only see him like that once or twice during the first 30 or 40 minutes of the film, so I wouldn't worry.

I certainly hope you're right

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 03:22 PM
I think "young" Loomis's hair has a very authentic '70s look to it. As I said in the previous thread, it reminds me of Malc's hair in ACO, when he actually was young. Granted, Alex and Loomis are completely different kinds of characters...but I don't see the hair being a problem. It doesn't look like an unconvincing wig. We just see it that way because we're all well aware that Malcolm doesn't have long hair.

And if the film is interesting, I doubt we'll just be sitting there thinking about Malcolm's hair. If we are sitting there, thinking about his hair, that means the film itself has completely lost us...which means that the hair is the least of the film's problems. Like the scene in El Mariachi where one of the characters is wearing a leather vest over a shirt, then the shirt is gone. They realized the continuity problem after the fact and considered reshooting, then Rodriguez basically said "You know, if people are going to nitpick us at this point in the film, it doesn't matter...they're not into the action, and we've already lost them."

JasonVoorhees13
04-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Regardless of what the film is there will always be people disappointed. I've found out that horror people are just like comic book people because there is always a chunk of people never satisfied.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 03:26 PM
I think "young" Loomis's hair has a very authentic '70s look to it. As I said in the previous thread, it reminds me of Malc's hair in ACO, when he actually was young. Granted, Alex and Loomis are completely different kinds of characters...but I don't see the hair being a problem. It doesn't look like an unconvincing wig. We just see it that way because we're all well aware that Malcolm doesn't have long hair.

And if the film is interesting, I doubt we'll just be sitting there thinking about Malcolm's hair. If we are sitting there, thinking about his hair, that means the film itself has completely lost us...which means that the hair is the least of the film's problems. Like the scene in El Mariachi where one of the characters is wearing a leather vest over a shirt, then the shirt is gone. They realized the continuity problem after the fact and considered reshooting, then Rodriguez basically said "You know, if people are going to nitpick us at this point in the film, it doesn't matter...they're not into the action, and we've already lost them."

Point well made. Though i think it's those small and annoying little details that do take me out of the film experience no matter how much i like the film. just the way i am

Dark Empire
04-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Imagine what Zombie is thinking while reading these posts regarding Loomis and his long hair.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Imagine what Zombie is thinking while reading these posts regarding Loomis and his long hair.

I don't have to imagine, I know. He's thinking:

"damn these people have too much free fucking time on thier hands and they have really run out of topics"

scoob
04-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Im sure young Loomis will look a lot better on screen. The photos were taken backstage, off camera, whatnot so I dont think you can really tell a great deal from them.
The kind of photo that would pick up how much make up actors wear and makes them look ridiculous off camera but amazing on screen, I think the same applies to costumes and wigs.

Have to say, there is a more then average quota of guys with long hair in this film but as long as the film is good I wont be concentrating on hairstyles too much. Not until the dvd comes out anyway!

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 04:06 PM
i suppose you may be right, i certainly hope you are

scoob
04-18-2007, 04:16 PM
I dont think there will be anything to worry about, I mean apart from dying the guy's hair and or making a CGI younger McDowell (!) I think the easiest and most logical way of making him look younger is with longer hair.
At first I thought they would bring in another younger actor to play young Loomis but Im glad they didnt do that.

Im looking forward to seeing the change in Loomis character aswell, from first meeting Michael to the sanitarium scenes and then the finale.

Dark Empire
04-18-2007, 04:18 PM
THE DROOG HAS MYSPACE

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=177919917

MCDOWELL ....

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 04:19 PM
I dont think there will be anything to worry about, I mean apart from dying the guy's hair and or making a CGI younger McDowell (!) I think the easiest and most logical way of making him look younger is with longer hair.

Im looking forward to seeing the change in Loomis character aswell, from first meeting Michael to the sanitarium scenes and then the finale.

honestly, I think i would have just dyed his hair brown or something and shaved his beard off. It would have been a more subtle way to show him younger i think. and Yeah i really can't wait to see the loomis character arch. It's one of the things i'm most looking forward to

nwiser
04-18-2007, 04:32 PM
They realized the continuity problem after the fact and considered reshooting, then Rodriguez basically said "You know, if people are going to nitpick us at this point in the film, it doesn't matter...they're not into the action, and we've already lost them."

wow...they noticed it but still shrugged it off. now THAT's lazy. :nodsmile:

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 04:36 PM

true but i think you've missed the point. They let it go because if you were paying more attention to that then the movie has already failed.

Todd
04-18-2007, 04:44 PM
He's thinking, "Hey, that Todd guy is pretty cool because he sees that Loomis' hair is no big deal".

MischievousSpirit
04-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Personally, I don't care what the cast looks like so much. As long as they can act, and tell the story properly; I'm happy!

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Yeah...damn them. I mean, with that monstrous $7,000 budget, they really should have spared no expense...especially when it comes to things that don't really matter. :p

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah...damn them. I mean, with that monstrous $7,000 budget, they really should have spared no expense...especially when it comes to things that don't really matter. :p

it may very well just be me, but i find it hillarious that it's budget is the lowest by far of the entire series yet it's really the only one i find worthwhile. Desperado was rather Meh and then Ounce upon a time in Mexico was terrible

Myers Insurance
04-18-2007, 05:13 PM
As long as Busta Rhymes and Tina never return, I'm happy.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 05:16 PM
As long as Busta Rhymes and Tina never return, I'm happy.

unfortunately rob just announced that via reshoots tina will be playing annie and Busta Rhymes will be taking over Ken Foree's role. Sorry your worst nightmare has come true

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 05:50 PM
it may very well just be me, but i find it hillarious that it's budget is the lowest by far of the entire series yet it's really the only one i find worthwhile. Desperado was rather Meh and then Ounce upon a time in Mexico was terrible
I think each was great fun, in its own way. For what they are, they're good films. Johnny Depp's performance in Once Upon a Time in Mexico makes the whole thing work for me. And I dug Desperado. But El Mariachi is still a standout, being a massive achievement in independent film.

But yeah, I like the Mariachi Trilogy, as a whole...and the commentaries on those DVDs are the best, if you're into DIY filmmaking. Rodriguez aims his commentaries at young filmmakers. It's not just the usual trivia stuff (which is cool, too)...it's Rodriguez saying "Here's how you can do this, and save a lot of money doing it." And that's cool as hell. Just the extras on those discs are worth the price, because of how useful and educational they are. Besides which, I do like all the movies. They're fun. Big crazy fun.

Then again, I think there's a topic here...and we have strayed way off track. ;)

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 05:56 PM
I think each was great fun, in its own way. For what they are, they're good films. Johnny Depp's performance in Once Upon a Time in Mexico makes the whole thing work for me. And I dug Desperado. But El Mariachi is still a standout, being a massive achievement in independent film.

But yeah, I like the Mariachi Trilogy, as a whole...and the commentaries on those DVDs are the best, if you're into DIY filmmaking. Rodriguez aims his commentaries at young filmmakers. It's not just the usual trivia stuff (which is cool, too)...it's Rodriguez saying "Here's how you can do this, and save a lot of money doing it." And that's cool as hell. Just the extras on those discs are worth the price, because of how useful and educational they are. Besides which, I do like all the movies. They're fun. Big crazy fun.

Then again, I think there's a topic here...and we have strayed way off track. ;)

Yep, way off topic. But i do want to state one last thing. I just find Rodriguez's style annoying. but back on topic (wow that really does work well doesn't it) I was wondering, does anybody think that they really planned on making that Halloween 9 script we're all aware of or do you think they were really more interested in making the remake. even before zombies annoucement that he'd be making a remake I remember hearing a lot of talk of a remake.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Yep, way off topic. But i do want to state one last thing. I just find Rodriguez's style annoying. but back on topic (wow that really does work well doesn't it) I was wondering, does anybody think that they really planned on making that Halloween 9 script we're all aware of or do you think they were really more interested in making the remake. even before zombies annoucement that he'd be making a remake I remember hearing a lot of talk of a remake.
Off-topic, I find Rodriguez's enthusiasm and success story inspiring.

On-topic, there was never a set H9 script. It never got to that stage. I'm not sure what script you're referring to, but basically the project just got derailed at so many points that it was obviously going nowhere. If they hadn't decided to do the remake, there's no telling how long it would have been before we got another Halloween film...and with all the baggage that the project already had, it's extremely doubtful that it would have turned out well.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 06:15 PM
On-topic, there was never a set H9 script. It never got to that stage. I'm not sure what script you're referring to, but basically the project just got derailed at so many points that it was obviously going nowhere. If they hadn't decided to do the remake, there's no telling how long it would have been before we got another Halloween film...and with all the baggage that the project already had, it's extremely doubtful that it would have turned out well.

you may be correct, there may not have been a script though i seem to recall atleast reading about one... anyway my point is that i don't know that i believe that there was ever any intention to make that film. i think they may have already decided to do a remake.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 06:31 PM
you may be correct, there may not have been a script though i seem to recall atleast reading about one... anyway my point is that i don't know that i believe that there was ever any intention to make that film. i think they may have already decided to do a remake.
Oh, they tried. If they weren't serious about it, there's no way they would have gone through the lengthy and frustrating debacle that they did. They had every intention to make H9...but it just fell apart at every turn. They couldn't get it off the ground.

And indeed, they couldn't even put a definite script together. A lot of people were under the impression that Nick Grabowsky had the gig and was writing the script...but that was never really the case. He had talked to Akkad about the possibility, and to throw some ideas around, but that was it.

A remake was something that had been thrown around, as well. But it was only when they realized that they were getting nowhere with H9 that they really set their minds on the idea of a remake. If they thought they could get H9 out, and make it a vast improvement over H:R, they would have gone that route. They just never found a way to do it.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Oh, they tried. If they weren't serious about it, there's no way they would have gone through the lengthy and frustrating debacle that they did. They had every intention to make H9...but it just fell apart at every turn. They couldn't get it off the ground.

And indeed, they couldn't even put a definite script together. A lot of people were under the impression that Nick Grabowsky had the gig and was writing the script...but that was never really the case. He had talked to Akkad about the possibility, and to throw some ideas around, but that was it.

A remake was something that had been thrown around, as well. But it was only when they realized that they were getting nowhere with H9 that they really set their minds on the idea of a remake. If they thought they could get H9 out, and make it a vast improvement over H:R, they would have gone that route. They just never found a way to do it.

i can except that.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 06:48 PM
They really wanted to do H9, but after H:R, there was just a lot of serious pressure. Because H:R was such a massive failure...not only with the fanbase, but also at the box office...they knew that unless H9 was exceptionally good, it could spell the end for the franchise. That added pressure to produce something fantastic, while still maintaining ties to a horrible film like H:R, apparently created a situation wherein they simply couldn't come up with a workable plan for a sequel.

And really, I'm sort of relieved that they gave up on it. Because I can't think of a way that they could have feasibly made an exceptional sequel to H:R, either. Truth is, the remake can go either way...it can be either good or bad. Whereas a sequel, considering the baggage...not only from H:R, but also from all the problems in the pre-production stage...had a lot of potential for disaster, and very little chance of success. Particularly at the box office. They needed something fresh after H:R, just to get people in the theater again. Unless the trailer for H9 included an apology for releasing H:R, I don't think it would have brought in the crowds. And if it tanked, it probably would have been Game Over for the Halloween series. And they just didn't want to take that chance.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 06:53 PM
They really wanted to do H9, but after H:R, there was just a lot of serious pressure. Because H:R was such a massive failure...not only with the fanbase, but also at the box office

was it really that bad at the box office, i was under the impression that it was mediocre but not absolutely terrible.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 07:00 PM
was it really that bad at the box office, i was under the impression that it was mediocre but not absolutely terrible.
In the US, it barely doubled its budget. Internationally, it only grossed about $7,000,000...less than half its budget. Its total take, worldwide, was less than $38,000,000, on a $15,000,000 budget. For a Halloween film, that's a pathetic performance.

It didn't even earn its budget back during its opening weekend...only clearing about $12,000,000. And considering the fact that it only made about $18,000,000 more throughout its run, it dropped off pretty quickly. Bad word-of-mouth will do that. And when that happens to a film that didn't have a particularly strong opening, it's especially bad.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 07:06 PM
In the US, it barely doubled its budget. Internationally, it only grossed about $7,000,000...less than half its budget. Its total take, worldwide, was less than $38,000,000, on a $15,000,000 budget. For a Halloween film, that's a pathetic performance.

It didn't even earn its budget back during its opening weekend...only clearing about $12,000,000. And considering the fact that it only made about $18,000,000 more throughout its run, it dropped off pretty quickly. Bad word-of-mouth will do that. And when that happens to a film that didn't have a particularly strong opening, it's especially bad.

see, the fact is it's not the first halloween not to play well in a foriegn market. Rmember that halloween 5 didn't even get a theatrical release outside north america, and i assume 6 didn't play well either. Plus 38 mil for a rated R horror film, and i think this was the pre-saw era, wouldn't really have been a disaster. not good but not a disaster. plus you do have to factor in the dvd sales, which i would assume weren't stellar but i'd bet there's a lot of series completists that own it.

shoe1985
04-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Off-topic, I find Rodriguez's enthusiasm and success story inspiring.

They had many scripts they liked, but nothing to make them go WOW, well one at least from what Stef was telling me. I believe if Moustapha was alive, they would of had a script in place, but when he passed away it was like Dimension knew it was time to move one with a whole new direction. This is just from talks I have heard about that certain people had. A few execs from Dimension just wanted to end the series after H8, but nobody would allow it.

Really, only Halloween and H20 lit the box office on fire for this series. Halloween is still considered the biggest success because it still sells well. For a Halloween movie to gain back its budget at the box office was a success for the producers.

Lets remember guys and girls that just because we see the name Halloween as being big for a movie, not everyone else does. Outside of the Halloween fanbase, this remake is considered a joke on many levels. I went to see Grindhouse twice, and the first time the trailer played it was booed, the second time I saw it, a guy next to me yelled, "Is this a joke?" People laughed too.

I have heard everyone is happy with everything so far, but very shortly we will know what the wait was for.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 07:30 PM
see, the fact is it's not the first halloween not to play well in a foriegn market. Rmember that halloween 5 didn't even get a theatrical release outside north america, and i assume 6 didn't play well either. Plus 38 mil for a rated R horror film, and i think this was the pre-saw era, wouldn't really have been a disaster. not good but not a disaster. plus you do have to factor in the dvd sales, which i would assume weren't stellar but i'd bet there's a lot of series completists that own it.
Looking at it in terms of the series, however, particularly following up the success of H20, it's very dismal. It was a massive drop-off, and by far the least successful film in the franchise...including H3, which has always been considered a box office failure for not performing up to the standards set by its predecessors. In short, the film didn't perform, and the people in charge knew it.

H5 didn't do great, and the fact that it didn't play outside the continent didn't help, but it still performed better than H:R, and made its budget back (and then some) on opening weekend. As did H6, which was considerably more successful than H5, bringing in over $15,000,000 on a $5,000,000 budget. Still not great by Halloween standards...but again, better than H:R, in terms of percentage returns. Hell, the horrible "failure" known as H3 brought in almost $13,000,000 on a budget of only $2,500,000...grossing almost $6,500,000 during its opening weekend alone.

38 on a budget of 15 would be considered reasonable for a lot of films...but this is Halloween. Considering H20's performance ($75,000,000 worldwide, on a $17,000,000 budget), H:R's disappointing box office take was a strong indication that the series was running toward a cliff, and if something drastic wasn't done to change course, it was going to plummet to its death.

shoe1985
04-18-2007, 07:33 PM
H8 on a budget of 15 would be considered reasonable for a lot of films...but this is Halloween. Considering H20's performance ($75,000,000 worldwide, on a $17,000,000 budget), H:R's disappointing box office take was a strong indication that the series was running toward a cliff, and if something drastic wasn't done to change course, it was going to plummet to its death.

I believe most that saw H20 felt it ended perfectly and saw no reason to see H8. Or they thought it looked terrible, and the reviews didn't help matters. I said this before, if H8 had not been a Halloween movie, I think it would have been praised much more. It wasn't a terrible movie by any means. Having it being a Halloween movie just had too high of expectations.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Really, only Halloween and H20 lit the box office on fire for this series. Halloween is still considered the biggest success because it still sells well. For a Halloween movie to gain back its budget at the box office was a success for the producers.
In terms of box office, all of the early Halloween films ranged from reasonably to extremely successful. H5 was really the first big drop-off. H1 goes without saying, and H2 performed extremely well, earning back over ten times its cost in domestic box office...which was better than H20's worldwide percentage.

I believe most that saw H20 felt it ended perfectly and saw no reason to see H8. Or they thought it looked terrible, and the reviews didn't help matters. I said this before, if H8 had not been a Halloween movie, I think it would have been praised much more. It wasn't a terrible movie by any means. Having it being a Halloween movie just had too high of expectations.
Personally, I thought it was a terrible movie. Period. Halloween or not, I thought it was garbage. I wouldn't have even seen it if it didn't have the Halloween name attached. And if I did see it, I certainly wouldn't have bought it afterward. I only own it (on a previously viewed VHS that I paid less than $5 for) because it's a Halloween film, and I'm a completist. If it wasn't a Halloween, I would still loathe it.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 07:39 PM
EvilOnTwoLegs;495290]In terms of box office, all of the early Halloween films ranged from reasonably to extremely successful. H5 was really the first big drop-off. H1 goes without saying. H2 performed extremely well, earning back over ten times its cost in domestic box office...which was better than H20's worldwide percentage.

that's not a fair comparison, the budget for H20 was vastly greater than that of Halloween 2

shoe1985
04-18-2007, 07:40 PM
In terms of box office, all of the early Halloween films ranged from reasonably to extremely successful. H5 was really the first big drop-off. H1 goes without saying. H2 performed extremely well, earning back over ten times its cost in domestic box office...which was better than H20's worldwide percentage.

True, but if you compared this series to say F13, it pales in comparison. They made people money, yes, but like I said, they didn't do much for the box office.

If compare budget to box office, yes they did well, but that is it. The Halloween series isn't a huge money maker. The average US gross is $27,096,646 for all the movies. This isn't a bad number, but for a series like Halloween, you would think it would be much higher.

Worldwide gross would make it higher, but studios usually go by the US gross, well US studios do.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 07:43 PM
that's not a fair comparison, the budget for H20 was vastly greater than that of Halloween 2
It's a fair comparison in terms of percentage. H20's worldwide box office was not as high as H2's domestic box office, on a percentage basis. H2 made its budget back ten times over in US theaters. H20 didn't. Whether H20's budget was higher or not doesn't enter into it. We're talking percentage here.

If a film costs $7,000 dollars, like El Mariachi, and grosses $1,000,000, that film is a huge success. If a film costs $150,000,000 and grosses $2,000,000, it's a box office disaster. It's all about percentage.

shoe1985
04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
It's a fair comparison in terms of percentage. H20's worldwide box office was not as high as H2's domestic box office, on a percentage basis. H2 made its budget back ten times over in US theaters. H20 didn't. Whether H20's budget was higher or not doesn't enter into it. We're talking percentage here.

If a film costs $7,000 dollars, like El Mariachi, and grosses $1,000,000, that film is a huge success. If a film costs $150,000,000 and grosses $2,000,000, it's a box office disaster. It's all about percentage.

Look at Son of the Mask, or whatever The Mask 2 was called. It cost so much to make, not sure why? Yet, it looked terribly, didn't have any real credible actors, and made almost no money. I would have loved to sat in on the negotiations to have that movie made.

In the end though, H20 made everyone a lot of money, and H2 made everyone a lot of money.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 07:50 PM
so i'd wonder what the boxoffice possibilities of the remake are, given the fact that most of the people i know who aren't particularly big fans of the series (your average movie goers) don't even really know about it.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Look at Son of the Mask, or whatever The Mask 2 was called. It cost so much to make, not sure why? Yet, it looked terribly, didn't have any real credible actors, and made almost no money. I would have loved to sat in on the negotiations to have that movie made.

In the end though, H20 made everyone a lot of money, and H2 made everyone a lot of money.
hahaha Exactly. $17,000,000 domestic gross on a $74,000,000 budget...ouch. Ironically, almost the exact reverse of the numbers for H20...though $75,000,000 was H20's worldwide gross, on a $17,000,000 budget.

mcilroga
04-18-2007, 07:54 PM
McDowell's wig is laughable. Not in a bad way, necessarily. It does look realistic, but it also looks comical on his head. Speaking of McDowell, I really think he'll make the crazy, obsessive Loomis fans proud. And all I have to go by is the trailer.

Anyway, H20 made over $100 million if you count inflation. Regardless of percentage, it still physically made the most money, by far (well, the sequels)... which I like to base as a 'success' as the audience doesn't exactly know of H20's budget. They just want to see the damn film. In terms of the sequels, it gathered the most interest and anticipation. And yes, I am once again planting my lips all over H20's ass. :p

Personally, I thought it was a terrible movie. Period. Halloween or not, I thought it was garbage. I wouldn't have even seen it if it didn't have the Halloween name attached. And if I did see it, I certainly wouldn't have bought it afterward. I only own it (on a previously viewed VHS that I paid less than $5 for) because it's a Halloween film, and I'm a completist. If it wasn't a Halloween, I would still loathe it.

Back off, he's... mine.

:D

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 08:02 PM
so i'd wonder what the boxoffice possibilities of the remake are, given the fact that most of the people i know who aren't particularly big fans of the series (your average movie goers) don't even really know about it.
Well, we'll have to see how it's marketed. That's going to make a lot of difference. We're so early in the game right now, the general public doesn't have much of a clue yet. The full trailer might get some people's attention, outside the general fanbase.

I'll go on record, though, saying that it will outperform H:R. hahaha

Yes...I am the King of Safe Bets. :D

Anyway, H20 made over $100 million if you count inflation. Regardless of percentage, it still physically made the most money, by far (well, the sequels)... which I like to base as a 'success' as the audience doesn't exactly know of H20's budget. They just want to see the damn film. In terms of the sequels, it gathered the most interest and anticipation. And yes, I am once again planting my lips all over H20's ass. :p
H20 performed well, there's no doubt of that. But if you take into account inflation, H2 did really well, too. And percentage does matter. If you can get a 1000% domestic return on your investment, that's pretty fucking fantastic. And that's what H2 did. Of course, H1's domestic return was about 14462%. So let's all just bow down to that. :bow:

Sure, it made less money than H20 (though not if you adjust for 20 years' inflation)...but on a significantly smaller budget. And that's why it's the most financially successful film in the series...and always will be. Because the percentage was staggering.

Frazetta
04-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Look at Son of the Mask, or whatever The Mask 2 was called. It cost so much to make, not sure why? Yet, it looked terribly, didn't have any real credible actors, and made almost no money. I would have loved to sat in on the negotiations to have that movie made. Obviously the casting of Box Office Juggernaut Jamie Kennedy was reason for all of these events.

mcilroga
04-18-2007, 08:08 PM
H20 performed well, there's no doubt of that. But if you take into account inflation, H2 did really well, too. And percentage does matter. If you can get a 1000% domestic return on your investment, that's pretty fucking fantastic. And that's what H2 did. Of course, H1's domestic return was about 14462%. So let's all just bow down to that. :bow:

Sure, it made less money than H20 (though not if you adjust for 20 years' inflation)...but on a significantly smaller budget. And that's why it's the most financially successful film in the series...and always will be. Because the percentage was staggering.

H20 could have had a much smaller budget... $17 million is quite the cash for a Halloween film. Shit... Halloween 4 did all kinds of shit with a meager $5 mil. Not to mention the original Halloween.

Anyway, EOTL - H20 was a much bigger success than Batman Begins. Oh yeah......... :D

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 08:09 PM
EvilOnTwoLegs;495306]Well, we'll have to see how it's marketed. That's going to make a lot of difference. We're so early in the game right now, the general public doesn't have much of a clue yet. The full trailer might get some people's attention, outside the general fanbase.

the thing is, I think we would have seen the start of interest by now. I recall when i saw grindhouse and the Trailer came up there was definately a sense of "huh?" hanging in the air, followed by the stale air of "who cares"

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Anyway, EOTL - H20 is a much bigger success than Batman Begins. Oh yeah......... :D

except that it didn't suck!

mcilroga
04-18-2007, 08:11 PM

H20 didn't suck... I agree. ;)

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 08:13 PM
H20 didn't suck... I agree. ;)

you utterly fail to be witty

Frazetta
04-18-2007, 08:14 PM
H20 doesn't suck but it is a huge letdown for me. There are still a handful of moments throughout the film that I enjoy.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Anyway, EOTL - H20 is a much bigger success than Batman Begins. Oh yeah......... :D
Well, not in terms of your "physical money"...$372,000,000 worldwide isn't too shabby. In terms of straight profit, that's about $222,000,000 in the bank. In percentage terms, though, H20 was more successful. If only financially. :p

Actually, Begins and H20 have something in common. They both took the paddles to a dying horse and brought it back to life. Though in the case of Batman, it looks like that success will probably last for more than one film. ;)

mcilroga
04-18-2007, 08:15 PM
you utterly fail to be witty

And you utterly fail to be intelligent or coherent on a constant basis.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Actually, Begins and H20 have something in common. They both took the paddles to a dying horse and brought it back to life. Though in the case of Batman, it looks like that success will probably last for more than one film. ;)

interesting comparison. but i have to say that they weren't really dying horses, but dead horses.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
And you utterly fail to be intelligent or coherent on a constant basis.
That's okay...I utterly fail to have a consistent discussion about Rob Zombie's Halloween in the Rob Zombie's Halloween Discussion thread. :D

mcilroga
04-18-2007, 08:18 PM
That's okay...I utterly fail to have a consistent discussion about Rob Zombie's Halloween in the Rob Zombie's Halloween Discussion thread.

You're not alone. The rest of the board is right with you, man.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 08:19 PM
That's okay...I utterly fail to have a consistent discussion about Rob Zombie's Halloween in the Rob Zombie's Halloween Discussion thread. :D

look at it this way, atleast the thread has had an actual discussion going on for the first time in a while. and it does atleast pertain to Halloween

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 08:20 PM
look at it this way, atleast the thread has had an actual discussion going on for the first time in a while. and it does atleast pertain to Halloween
Yeah...but if we start in on the Batman shit, it's gonna get all kinds of ugly. haha

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah...but if we start in on the Batman shit, it's gonna get all kinds of ugly. haha

being a massive comic book fan and a huge fan of Begins and Christopher Nolan i totally understand what you mean.

JackPumpkinhead
04-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Sorry to jump in, and maybe I'm a bit late but I also thought part of Resurrection's failure was due to marketing. I hardly ever saw anything on it, except whatever was reported on the UHMB and HM.com, and then the occasional tv spot on MTV. Plus, alot of the theaters backed out and didnt even show it. I had to drive 2 hours to see it and we have 3 theaters here in our town. And from what I recall, that was the case in alot places.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Sorry to jump in, and maybe I'm a bit late but I also thought part of Resurrection's failure was due to marketing. I hardly ever saw anything on it, except whatever was reported on the UHMB and HM.com, and then the occasional tv spot on MTV. Plus, alot of the theaters backed out and didnt even show it. I had to drive 2 hours to see it and we have 3 theaters here in our town. And from what I recall, that was the case in alot places.

your jumping in is welcome, i think the previouse conversation lost its steam anyway. I hadn't noticed it that untill you mentioned it, but yeah i don't remember any real marketing campaign. I have a feeling that this won't be a problem for the Remake though, concidering that we have a teaser out 4 months before it's release i think, we'rein for a huge TCM remake style marketing push.

this after all is probably the most anticipated remake since TCM

Neematoad
04-18-2007, 10:46 PM
your jumping in is welcome, i think the previouse conversation lost its steam anyway. I hadn't noticed it that untill you mentioned it, but yeah i don't remember any real marketing campaign. I have a feeling that this won't be a problem for the Remake though, concidering that we have a teaser out 4 months before it's release i think, we'rein for a huge TCM remake style marketing push.

this after all is probably the most anticipated remake since TCM

I dont know abotu that one. I mean we are 4 months away from the initial release and some people arent really ware that this film is being made. tot top it off the only publicity this film has garnered is from the teaser trailer that was attached to a film that apperentley not a huge amount of people saw and the kicker, it wI kind of thought the same thign for King Kong as well thougasnt even attached to all the showings of Grindhouse.

There's a lot of people who don't even know this film even exists. I was talkin to my sister who would e considered, I guess a teeny bopper (to illustrate my point, I was explaining the actress whom played laurie in this film and she didnt know who I was talking about till I mentioned Taylor's movie "sleep over") basically the audience whom we don't want this film to cater too and she did'nt know anything about it. All though I broke her into the genre pretty early so she has that exposure, yet she still knew nothing of this movie. The only real publicity this film recieved are those mtv.com exclusive interviews and any coverage BD did.

I don't know what Zombie plans to do.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 10:50 PM
I dont know abotu that one. I mean we are 4 months away from the initial release and some people arent really ware that this film is being made. tot top it off the only publicity this film has garnered is from the teaser trailer that was attached to a film that apperentley not a huge amount of people saw and the kicker, it wI kind of thought the same thign for King Kong as well thougasnt even attached to all the showings of Grindhouse.

There's a lot of people who don't even know this film even exists. I was talkin to my sister who would e considered, I guess a teeny bopper (to illustrate my point, I was explaining the actress whom played laurie in this film and she didnt know who I was talking about till I mentioned Taylor's movie "sleep over") basically the audience whom we don't want this film to cater too and she did'nt know anything about it. All though I broke her into the genre pretty early so she has that exposure, yet she still knew nothing of this movie. The only real publicity this film recieved are those mtv.com exclusive interviews and any coverage BD did.

actually, i didn't mean that people know about the film yet, I just mean that a teaser being out so soon, a website already being started(sort of) and his constant updates(sporadic as of late) that they plan on a big marketing campaign down the line.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 11:04 PM
I was talkin to my sister who would e considered, I guess a teeny bopper (to illustrate my point, I was explaining the actress whom played laurie in this film and she didnt know who I was talking about till I mentioned Taylor's movie "sleep over") basically the audience whom we don't want this film to cater too and she did'nt know anything about it.
Well, if we "don't want this film to cater" to people like your sister, maybe it's good, in a way, that she didn't know anything about it. haha

And until she was announced in this cast, I couldn't tell you who the hell Scout was. I've never seen her in anything, and I'd never heard her name before in my life until it was posted here.

Honestly, I'm not too concerned with box office this time around. The old series is dead, and that's probably for the best at this point. And truthfully, I wouldn't be broken up if the remake didn't get a sequel...whether it's dreadful, fantastic, or (more likely) somewhere in between. I'm not opposed to this being the last Halloween film. And I say that as a fan.

Naturally, in a way, I certainly want the film to succeed...but whether it's a modest success or a smash hit doesn't concern me, as a fan. I guess because I'd like to see a stand-alone Halloween...and because no matter how this film turns out, the idea of sequels just fills me with dread. After all, if the movie is bad, what's the bloody point? Just let it be done with. And if it's good, why push your luck? As a realist who's already seen one Halloween series turn to shit, I have to examine the likelihood of a new Halloween series doing precisely the same.

In the end, I just hate how these series always seem to drag on until they reach the absolute bottom, then fizzle out on a low note. They never seem to quit while they're ahead. One thing I'll say for A Nightmare on Elm Street, as a series. Yes, it turned to absolute dogshit...but once it did, and it finally ended in the worst possible way, Wes Craven came back, delivered the best NoES since the original (in my opinion, anyway), and that was it. Freddy vs. Jason is a different matter, but the actual NoES series did manage to end on a high note...though I imagine they'll ruin that in good time.

wyatt s
04-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Honestly, I'm not too concerned with box office this time around. The old series is dead, and that's probably for the best at this point. And truthfully, I wouldn't be broken up if the remake didn't get a sequel...whether it's dreadful, fantastic, or (more likely) somewhere in between. I'm not opposed to this being the last Halloween film. And I say that as a fan.

In all honesty, I kind of want this to be the last of the movies. There's a certain romanticism to ending the series at the beginning. It's almost poetic

Scoot
04-18-2007, 11:30 PM
In all honesty, I kind of want this to be the last of the movies. There's a certain romanticism to ending the series at the beginning. It's almost poetic

I like this idea...The end is the beginning...the beginning is the end.

Loomis_6times
04-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah I agree.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-18-2007, 11:41 PM
I like this idea...The end is the beginning...the beginning is the end.
Smashing Pumpkins reference.

The End is the Beginning is the End.

Lucifer
04-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Smashing Pumpkins what ever happened to them?

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Smashing Pumpkins what ever happened to them?

I believe they broke up a few years back. The lead singer formed a new band but i don't believe they ever went anywhere.

Lucifer
04-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Shame they were good in their day but as i remember the lead singer had one hell of a chip on his shoulder .

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Shame they were good in their day but as i remember the lead singer had one hell of a chip on his shoulder .

yep, I personally didn't get into them that hard. They had a few good songs, probably a good album or two, but overall i didn't think they were particularly great. Oh well, to each thier own

TommyDoyle2
04-19-2007, 12:48 AM

As long as an Akkad is in control...Halloween will probably never end. And good. I've stated previously that I want Halloween to be like the 007 franchise of horror films. Dozens of the damn things could be made and I'd be happy. I can see the posters now- Halloween 23- You Only Die A Thousand Times, Halloween 27- Licence to Slash. I was always intrigued with the idea of making animated Halloween movies though, and I'm sure a rumor was floating around some time back that they were considering it. If done in the style of anime that could really kick ass.

shoe1985
04-19-2007, 05:29 AM

I would say around $20-30 million. This is the most realistic figure. Taking into effect the previous Halloween movies and the Rob Zombie movies, this fits perfectly. His movies haven't been big draws, and Halloween has had its ups, but also its down. Plus, remakes are slowly dying out it seems, or so I hope.

Rob has nothing to do with the marketing of this moving. As for advertising, it will be done in about 2 months. It is still early to start putting out commericals for this movie. Grindhouse hasn't been a success, so not many people saw the trailer.

I don't feel to confident right now about the box office for this movie, but hey I am like you guys and wouldn't be angry if this was the last one.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing maybe Direct to DVD Halloweens after this. They could be separate movies only dealing with the Michael character and some new people. It wouldn't hurt the series at all.

Jackolantern99
04-19-2007, 05:45 AM
To bring up a point that was made a page ago, when someone mentioned their younger sister not knowing about the movie and her being a teenager...there are some die-hard Halloween fans out there who took a couple months break from this board and have come back not knowing that Zombie is remaking Halloween...I think the marketing effort needs to be stepped up a bit.

Although I've been hearing people talk about this movie all over the place. Some random radio station was talking about it, and I saw a picture of Michael on the front page of a newspaper the other day...

krustytheklown
04-19-2007, 07:03 AM
regarding a H9 movie, that idea is probably dead and frankly i couldnt be happier. with H20 we had a snarling jamiel lee curtis going after michael myers and cutting off his head. im sure jamie lee liked having her sigorney weaver moment for dramatic purposes, but it was the beginning of the end for the shape being a presence that inspired any kind of dread in the audience. then we had busta kicking MM thru the window with the super kung fu scene, which completely destroyed the franchises credibility and with it the ability for audiences to take MM seriously. i love halloween, and despite the fact that we would have probably been better off if the series stopped after part 2, i kept rooting for more movies just on the off chance they would get it right. a remake at this point is the only way to accomplish that. now i just have to hope that rob beats the odds. remakes have completely sucked ass. the fog, omen, black christmas, amityville horror, even the bad news bears, all were pointless and inferior remakes. assault on precint 13 is about the only genre remake that has lived up to the original, in my opinion.

krustytheklown
04-19-2007, 07:26 AM
the advertising blitz will begin in july. i promise you that everyone and their mother will know about this movie by august. if reviews are positive expect it to make 70 or 80 million, enough easily that akkad will greenlight a sequel. i dont know how many sequels can be done with halloween though. how many plausible stoylines can someone come up with regarding a character who is insitutionalized and cant really exist outside a mental institution? after H4 it just got ridiculous. MM hangs out at some hermit guys shack for a year? then he hangs with a bunch of thorn cultists for six years? then he sort of disapears but not really but we dont know what the hell he was doing before he got to laurie strode in H20. then we find out he was probably hanging at his old house in HR when he wasnt going out on halloween killing people. MM isnt jason, where we can just believe hes hanging out at crystal lake unencumbered by the FBI, just waiting for teens to start camping out again. or freddy who supernatural anyway. Halloween is the only slasher/horror flick that is supposed to be both realistic and take itself seriously.that makes it a serious bitch to do more than one sequel, which is probably why JC tried to kill him off after part 2. back to my point though. if RZ halloween bombs, the most we could probably hope for is some crappy direct to video halloweens, which id rather not see happen. this is the LAST CHANCE for the series. ill keep my fingers crossed.

TommyDoyle2
04-19-2007, 08:47 AM
I saw a picture of Michael on the front page of a newspaper the other day...

I love Michael Myers like crazy, and am always up for another round of Myer's themed mayhem, but damn...that must of been a slow newsday! I can see an editor sitting behind a desk somewhere going, "You know what? To hell with that war in Iraq and those melting polar thingies...let's put Michael Myers on the front page!"

krustytheklown
04-19-2007, 09:07 AM
i hope halloween isnt on the front page of anything outside of entertainment rags. ya, there is much more newsworthy things going on that should be covered by newspapers. i read usatoday.com and crap while im at work, but im not about to go on a board and start talking about shootings at vtech or something. life is somewhat depressing in alot of ways, movies are my escape, so here i am,writing away while im talking to some idiot about retirement plans.(my job)

mr32
04-19-2007, 09:22 AM
I been trying to spread the word about the movie down here by word of mouth, some of the mofo's i know dont even have a computer. Shit my cousin call me crazy cause that's all i watch is horror movies and halloween. Everytime i go over his house he be like what's new news you got of tell me today about your favorite horror icon. Every news that we here on here i try and spread it by word of mouth. So i'm hoping we do get a lot of advertising on this film.

Todd
04-19-2007, 09:24 AM
There are still nearly five months until this movie is released, so they have plenty of time to market it. It's better to slowly build it up than to slam it down peoples throats well ahead of time.

Rockford Punch
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I don't expect it to make anywhere close to $80 million at the box office. I'd be happily surprised if it did however.

MischievousSpirit
04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
I don't care about the box office stuff. I just hope I'll like it. That's what really matters, right? If us Halloween fans like it?

zombie commando
04-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Sorry to jump in, and maybe I'm a bit late but I also thought part of Resurrection's failure was due to marketing.

Nah...it failed because it sucked. Period.

SicDarko
04-19-2007, 10:18 AM

I actually heard on the radio about a week ago that they're getting back together but with a different guitarist or something.

Frazetta
04-19-2007, 10:23 AM
There are still nearly five months until this movie is released, so they have plenty of time to market it. It's better to slowly build it up than to slam it down peoples throats well ahead of time. Exactly & to prove this point look at last Summer's Snakes on a Plane. For months it was pushed very hard & by the time it actually got released people seemed to be tired of the movie without even seeing it.

krustytheklown
04-19-2007, 10:23 AM
i agree about the failure of HR. it didnt work because it was hack written and poorly directed by halloween vet rick rosenthal. it tried to cash in on current trends such as the internet and videofeeds and all that, and despite a few promising moments was a horrible movie.it sadly made a decent profit after ticket sales and rentals, which is unfortuntate because the powers that be deserved to take a bath on that one

Todd
04-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Exactly & to prove this point look at last Summer's Snakes on a Plane. For months it was pushed very hard & by the time it actually got released people seemed to be tired of the movie without even seeing it.
Yep, and it wasn't a bad movie at all. They just overhyped Snakes on a Plane to the point that people were tired of hearing about it. That also made people think about it more than was good for the movie.

Mr Scary
04-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Hypocrites.

Funny reading all these bashings..

When EVERY Movie came out in the Halloween series, most EVERYONE loved it immediately thereafter, watching it several times in the theater, buying the VHS tapes, the cut and uncut versions, producers this etc...then buying the masks, props, etc....then all over again in DVD format... only to read folks BASH and TRASH the directors or film several years later? Pah-leeze...losers

Get real.... EVERYONE loves Halloween, that is why we're all here, pop in and out...but folks are dumb...when you know when thsy saw each film, they came away with enjoying it...not one ever says this Halloween Movie 4, 5,6,7,8,9 etc... this film totally sucked! No one...because it was the ONLY film out then, available then, you were all excited...with your hopes...to just see Michael Myers again...ANYTHING Michael Myers...so you all embraced him, regardless if the movie was OKAY, but never sucked....that was why most, most everyne here has all the films, excluding H3....... I have H1, H2, and H4...that is all...I liked them all, just never got around to buying each film..or versions, or cuts, etc....but I have seen them all, even Halloween in '78 at the theater on the 2nd night....

and I liked each film...neever once did I come out syaing... H4 sucked...or H7 was terrible... I came out saying, "Cool! Michael Myers is back!" it was simple, FUN, Teen Horror flick...the film was OKAY, or Great, or FUN, never scary, which is okay.....but never it sucked.......I never expect it to be like the original...it never can....not even a JAWS remake...although THAT would be real good, with technology, they can make a MEAN looking Great White Shark, etc.....

Also funny, how the folks who trash this director or that director, or this story line, or writing teams, etc..all think they can do better, which is hard to imagine seeing as though they sit on their ashes all day and night reading these forums, THINKING they can do better, while flipping burgers or baggin groceries... LOL thinking they're better at storylines, scene and character developement, etc..only to relize they have all the films in the movie collection...yet, come here and BASH the film was terrible...yet when it came out, they LOOOVED the films.... can;t have it both ways....YOU ALL LOVE Halloween films...some better than others....

Whether folks enjoy the NEW Halloween remaike or not, also cracks me up... it's a REMAKE not A RE-DO...total difference..there is no comparison..30 years later, it will be differnt in all aspects, and any , any, repeat any comparisons to the original is foolish and stupid...that is why you have the Original in tact, otherwise, John Carpenter himself, would have re-done it himself...

krustytheklown
04-19-2007, 11:23 AM
you are right to a point. i was so jazzed up about H5 and H6 that i said they were decent after i left the theater. upon later review i thought they sucked @ss. H20 i also thought was good, and still dont think of it as bad but it hasnt held up too well. HR sucked and when i walked out of the theater(yes, on opening night) i said to my buddy that i hated that movie. as i get older im a little more critical of movies, and i doubt that ill love this one just because it has MM killing some naked chicks and it had the halloween theme. i have much hope that it will be the best halloween since H2, but that is due to the trailer and early buzz surrounding the movie.if it does in fact turn out to be a white trash RZ freakfest then ill be the first one looking to do violent reprisals on all things rob zombie. long time to go though.

Todd
04-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Easy on the caffeine, dude.

Khan
04-19-2007, 11:28 AM
:chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill:

mcilroga
04-19-2007, 11:36 AM
So if we change our minds on a film we're losers? To quote you: Pah-leeze. Yes, we are all excited for the new Halloween film because we haven't had a decent one in almost eight years (in my opinion). After Halloween Resurrection, we fans need a good movie. I always hated it anyway, even when I saw it in theatres. Because it is a horrible movie and provides nothing remotely acceptable to the Halloween franchise. I think it's very naive of you to think we're hypocrites because some of us liked a film say, four years ago, and don't now. Personally, I need more than just Michael Myers on the big screen to satisfy me. I want good acting, I want suspense/scariness, I want a nice atmosphere, some cool music, entertaining kills, and hey, I'm not anti-good plot either. I can't speak for the rest of us; maybe you just want Michael Myers, but I want more.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Boy, Mr Scary...thanks for coming out of the shadows and calling us "losers" and "hypocrites" just because we can admit that a film can exist within the Halloween series and still suck...that the title and Michael Myers character do not automatically assure cinematic quality. Damn us...damn us all to hell for having opinions...and having the outright nerve to express them. Damn us for not blindly accepting every film, regardless of quality. And damn us all for judging films on their own merits, rather than saying "Nothing with the Halloween title can suck."

Again, thanks for dropping in and letting us know how "dumb" we are...and, of course, for pegging us all as talentless burger-flippers, despite the fact that there are many talented writers here, including published writers, who are capable of far better work than, say, the H:R script. But no, we're all just a bunch of grocery-baggers who couldn't even write a coherent sentence, let alone craft a storyline that isn't complete garbage.

Always nice to see someone with 8 posts resurface after two years, just to tell everyone else that they suck. Maybe if we're lucky, you'll come back in '09 with some more insults for us. :D

TheShape'78
04-19-2007, 11:43 AM
So if we change our minds on a film we're losers? To quote you: Pah-leeze. Yes, we are all excited for the new Halloween film because we haven't had a decent one in almost eight years (in my opinion). After Halloween Resurrection, we fans need a good movie. I always hated it anyway, even when I saw it in theatres. Because it is a horrible movie and provides nothing remotely acceptable to the Halloween franchise. I think it's very naive of you to think we're hypocrites because some of us liked a film say, four years ago, and don't now. Personally, I need more than just Michael Myers on the big screen to satisfy me. I want good acting, I want suspense/scariness, I want a nice atmosphere, some cool music, entertaining kills, and hey, I'm not anti-good plot either. I can't speak for the rest of us; maybe you just want Michael Myers, but I want more.

couldn't have said it better. that is what i was thinking.

-mitch-

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 11:47 AM
couldn't have said it better. that is what i was thinking.

-mitch-

I must also agree. I recall when i initially saw the film, I enjoyed it. however by the time i had finished my walk home i had annalyzed the film in my head and got past the sheer joy of having gotten to see michael myers on screen again and hence realized how much the film had sucked and or let me down. It's similure to rob's remake, I'm very excited to see it and i'm positive that after i do see it i'll really like it, for a while, however after some thinking I may very well change my mind. It's called an opinion, and the formation of one, not hypocracy.

scoob
04-19-2007, 12:35 PM
When I watched H:R for the first time at the cinema I enjoyed moments of it and ended up somehow convincing myself it was half decent beacuse Michael Myers was at least back.
When I watched it a second time I was disgusted and couldnt believe how bad the film actually was.

I think the same will happen when I watch this new one. I will be excited that Michael is back on screen and I will probably be on a high from just seeing a new Halloween for the first time in 5 years.
I just hope the second time round will be just as enjoyable, if not more so.
(And repeat viewings when the DVD comes out of course)

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
I think the same will happen when I watch this new one. I will be excited that Michael is back on screen and I will probably be on a high from just seeing a new Halloween for the first time in 5 years.
I just hope the second time round will be just as enjoyable, if not more so.
(And repeat viewings when the DVD comes out of course)

yeah, same here. I really hope this film pans out because if it doesn't, there's probably no chance we'll ever get a good halloween film, ever again.

Man In Black
04-19-2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.ohmb.net/imagehosting/2344627d7d395161.jpg
Rob, Sheri, Malcolm & Sybil Danning

http://www.ohmb.net/imagehosting/2344627d7d3abc9d.jpg
Tom Towles, Udo Kier, Clint Howard & Rob

http://www.ohmb.net/imagehosting/2344627d7d3c144f.jpg
Rob, Scout & Skyler Gisondo

http://www.ohmb.net/imagehosting/2344627d7e79613a.jpg
Directing in Haddonfield

nwiser
04-19-2007, 01:04 PM
true but i think you've missed the point. They let it go because if you were paying more attention to that then the movie has already failed.

yeah...but if every filmmaker had that attitude what kind of movies would we be getting. dont get me wrong...it was a clever move and if I was in their position and didnt feel like doing a reshoot, I might try a similar excuse...but its still lazy. :nodsmile:

MyersFan75
04-19-2007, 01:05 PM
I was always intrigued with the idea of making animated Halloween movies though, and I'm sure a rumor was floating around some time back that they were considering it. If done in the style of anime that could really kick ass.

Around two years ago, that was possibly going to be done. I can't remember who was heading the project, but I distinctly remember reading the article about it.

It was going to be an anime version of the original, which I thought would have been really cool. Unless it's been released unofficially through a webpage or something, I guess it was just a rumor or was never completed.

krustytheklown
04-19-2007, 01:07 PM
looks like RZ is going to be answering fan questions on his myspace page.i cant get myspace at work, so could someone kindly post those comments on the message board? thanks.

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 01:09 PM
yeah...but if every filmmaker had that attitude what kind of movies would we be getting. dont get me wrong...it was a clever move and if I was in their position and didnt feel like doing a reshoot, I might try a similar excuse...but its still lazy. :nodsmile:

I can't really argue it not being lazy. But it was pointed out how low the budget was and i think that was probably a majore deciding factor to not reshooting. Film cost money.

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 01:12 PM
looks like RZ is going to be answering fan questions on his myspace page.i cant get myspace at work, so could someone kindly post those comments on the message board? thanks.

yeah, I've been waiting for his answers for i think about two days. I believe he's probably letting the questions compile first

nwiser
04-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Yes, it turned to absolute dogshit...but once it did, and it finally ended in the worst possible way, Wes Craven came back, delivered the best NoES since the original (in my opinion, anyway), and that was it.

Surely you can't mean "New Nightmare"? :godno:

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 01:15 PM

why not New Nightmare is great, It's Scream but done well and interesting to watch

Roswell
04-19-2007, 01:31 PM

No way. He's talking about Freddy's Dead. Right EOTL? RIGHT?!?! Please tell me that's what you're talking about!!!

nwiser
04-19-2007, 01:32 PM
why not New Nightmare is great, It's Scream but done well and interesting to watch

ehhh...Freddy's behavior was almost as cheezy as it was in sequels 3 and higher. He looked almost cartoonish. Didnt his tongue get caught and streched out at one point in the film?

The whole movie within a movie scenario does make me wonder, what would be peoples reaction if, at the end of this Halloween...we see the camera pull back to show Rob and a film crew standing behind a camera at which point he yells "cut". A kind of twist ending which takes this film from being a Halloween movie into being a film about a Halloween movie. I dont think it would serve much purpose other than to make it more difficult for a sequel...but maybe someone else might find some usefulness in it?

TheShape'78
04-19-2007, 01:35 PM

the first ANOES and New Nightmare are the only ones worth watching, imo.

how is it Scream?

can't wait for RZ Halloween to come out. H:R was a disappointment , i hope Rob can bring some respect back to the Halloween name.

-mitch-

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 01:38 PM
ehhh...Freddy's behavior was almost as cheezy as it was in sequels 3 and higher. He looked almost cartoonish. Didnt his tongue get caught and streched out at one point in the film?

The whole movie within a movie scenario does make me wonder, what would be peoples reaction if, at the end of this Halloween...we see the camera pull back to show Rob and a film crew standing behind a camera at which point he yells "cut". A kind of twist ending which takes this film from being a Halloween movie into being a film about a Halloween movie. I dont think it would serve much purpose other than to make it more difficult for a sequel...but maybe someone else might find some usefulness in it?

Off topic, Freddy was far scarier in New Nghtmare than any of the other sequels. now back on track, that would be a brilliant ending to the movie. If i'm sitting there and that happens I litterally go "HOLY FUCK!!!!!" and my head explodes. and what more can you ask from a horror movie then to make your head explode?

Roswell
04-19-2007, 01:38 PM
He looked almost cartoonish.

Freddy always HAS been cartoonish, even in the serious sequels.

But anyway, enough talk about that burned guy with the claws. Let's get back to the man behind the white mask, okay?

Khan
04-19-2007, 01:39 PM
I am not expecting too much, as it is just a remake.

As for bringing back respect to the series, this isn't part of the series.

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 01:40 PM
the first ANOES and New Nightmare are the only ones worth watching, imo.

how is it Scream?

can't wait for RZ Halloween to come out. H:R was a disappointment , i hope Rob can bring some respect back to the Halloween name.

-mitch-

the respect for halloween is what i am really looking forward to. and what i meant by it being scream is the whole Movie with in a movie theme. granted scream has no movie with in a movie but that's sort of the direction it goes by dissecting the genre. and with that i must go.

TheShape'78
04-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Freddy always HAS been cartoonish, even in the serious sequels.

But anyway, enough talk about that burned guy with the claws. Let's get back to the man behind the white mask, okay?

yeah, remember the long arms in the original aswell as a few other things. freddy has always been a character.

whoa! way off track, ANOES talk in a RZ Halloween thread. as Mark Warner said "Let's get back to the man behind the white mask, okay?"

nice avatar
-mitch-

TheShape'78
04-19-2007, 01:44 PM
As for bringing back respect to the series, this isn't part of the series.

are you referring to what i said?

i hope Rob can bring some respect back to the Halloween name.

cos if so, i said bring respect back to the Halloween name, nowhere did i say series.

if you weren't talking to me than, nevermind.

-mitch-

Khan
04-19-2007, 02:15 PM
are you referring to what i said?

cos if so, i said bring respect back to the Halloween name, nowhere did i say series.

if you weren't talking to me than, nevermind.

-mitch-

I wasn't directly referencing you, just making an observation.

The way I see things, there are four Living Dead movies by George A. Romero which comprise the series.

The remakes of Night and Dawn (and eventually Day) are totally disconnected from the originals and did nothing to bring back any name.

There are four films in the TCM series and as disjointed as they are, have nothing to do with the remake and its prequal.

This Halloween remake (and any sequals it will spawn) have nothing to do with the previous films.

mcilroga
04-19-2007, 02:28 PM
and my head explodes.

Ever see Scanners? :p

TheShape'78
04-19-2007, 02:43 PM

lol

ever see Halloween 6?

-mitch-

This Halloween remake (and any sequals it will spawn) have nothing to do with the previous films.

and that is understood. i just meant that i hope rob brings respect back to the Halloween "name", by making it scary again and not a joke that the original series turned into (i.e. Halloween Resurrection).

-mitch-

shoe1985
04-19-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't care about the box office stuff. I just hope I'll like it. That's what really matters, right? If us Halloween fans like it?

Yeah right, the producers could care less about the fans. The money comes first, and it should because if a movie doesn't make back budget, what is the point?

Hypocrites.

and I liked each film...neever once did I come out syaing... H4 sucked...or H7 was terrible... I came out saying, "Cool! Michael Myers is back!" it was simple, FUN, Teen Horror flick...the film was OKAY, or Great, or FUN, never scary, which is okay.....but never it sucked.......I never expect it to be like the original...it never can....not even a JAWS remake...although THAT would be real good, with technology, they can make a MEAN looking Great White Shark, etc.....

Also funny, how the folks who trash this director or that director, or this story line, or writing teams, etc..all think they can do better, which is hard to imagine seeing as though they sit on their ashes all day and night reading these forums, THINKING they can do better, while flipping burgers or baggin groceries... LOL thinking they're better at storylines, scene and character developement, etc..only to relize they have all the films in the movie collection...yet, come here and BASH the film was terrible...yet when it came out, they LOOOVED the films.... can;t have it both ways....YOU ALL LOVE Halloween films...some better than others....

Whether folks enjoy the NEW Halloween remaike or not, also cracks me up... it's a REMAKE not A RE-DO...total difference..there is no comparison..30 years later, it will be differnt in all aspects, and any , any, repeat any comparisons to the original is foolish and stupid...that is why you have the Original in tact, otherwise, John Carpenter himself, would have re-done it himself...

Everyone is allowed to their opinions. As for the bagging groceries and burger comment, I don't do either, but I have friends who are doing both of those jobs and they are in college. See, most people that work at these jobs are doing it to advance their lives, at least in my area.

So it is foolish for those critics who probably make much more money than you ever will to compare them? I believe ever remake that has come out has been compared to the original. It is just a situation that happens. Believe me, the day Halloween comes out, people will be making comparisons left and right. If you don't like it, you can find another board because this board is all about debate, and meeting new people with similar interests, Halloween.

I like each movie in the series, some more than others. I might bash someone for liking say H20 more than H4 or H2, but it is a good debate. I like all of those movies, but prefer H4 to all the sequels.

Khan
04-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah right, the producers could care less about the fans. The money comes first, and it should because if a movie doesn't make back budget, what is the point?

Exactly!

If you spend your money to see the movie and hate it, they don't care, as they got your money.

The Frightmaster
04-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Exactly!

If you spend your money to see the movie and hate it, they don't care, as they got your money.

Sad but true. I wish they would take the fans into consideration when dealing with the Halloween franchise. Instead of just seeing $ signs.

Khan
04-19-2007, 04:04 PM
I doubt that will ever happen, and I can see their position.

The loyal fans on this board and others comprise a small percentage of the total audience, so why cater to the just us?

I believe Rob asked the board members questions a while back, and while it may seem honest, it was a publicity stunt, just as his latest Myspace blog is.

shoe1985
04-19-2007, 04:36 PM
I doubt that will ever happen, and I can see their position.

The loyal fans on this board and others comprise a small percentage of the total audience, so why cater to the just us?

I believe Rob asked the board members questions a while back, and while it may seem honest, it was a publicity stunt, just as his latest Myspace blog is.

Rob was just trying to get on our good sides. It is a great tool, the internet, to use to try and gain support for a movie. Considering this is a remake, it helps even more.

HannibalBEATNGU
04-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Well, not in terms of your "physical money"...$372,000,000 worldwide isn't too shabby. In terms of straight profit, that's about $222,000,000 in the bank. In percentage terms, though, H20 was more successful. If only financially. :p

H20 turned the franchise into a pathetic money-sucking whore that sold the franchise out to whatever was popular with the mainstream at the time whether it fit with the Halloween franchise or not, which resulted in box office success, but also driving the franchise head first through the ground like a railroad spike and leaving the series with nowhere to go but a reboot.
H20 is a really bad Scream movie, and Resurrection is a really bad episode of a reality tv show, both guest starring really bad versions of Michael. Resurrection just compounded H20's mistakes.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-19-2007, 05:03 PM
The attitude is "This is an action movie...if the action is so boring that the audience is going to notice this, then the movie sucks, because they're obviously not involved in the action." I think it's a fine attitude to have...especially when you have a budget of $7,000 that you obtained through loans and subjecting yourself to medical experimentation. Film costs money...processing costs money...and takes time. When you're making a film on a budget that insanely low, you don't even get to see the "dailies" daily. It might be a week later before you even see the footage you shot that day and realize that there's a continuity problem. At which point, you can go out of your way to reshoot, wasting money that you don't even have in the process...or you can say to yourself "If they're uninterested enough to nitpick this point, then a shirt is the least of our problems, so fuck it."

El Mariachi was shot for hardly any money, with the intention of selling it on the Spanish-language DTV market. Instead, it went to Cannes, got picked up by Columbia Pictures, grossed over $2,000,000 in its brief theatrical run (not bad for a ultra-low-budget foreign-language picture), became a home video hit, and got Rodriguez a deal to direct his next film with a budget of $7,000,000. For Desperado, he added three zeroes to his Mariachi budget, and didn't have to undergo any medical experiments to get it. So if you ask what kind of movies we'd get if everyone had that attitude, I'd have to counter that we could get extremely good, very successful movies.

Now, if you have $150,000,000 to make a film, and you don't fix something that it's well within your means to fix in an instant, that could possibly be construed as lazy. But when your making an action film for the price of a used car, I'd say that the attitude of "If the audience cares about this, we've already lost them" is verys sensible. And like I said, Rodriguez had very modest plans for selling the film...it wasn't meant to be released in theaters, by a major Hollywood studio, even. It worked out that way because it was a great film...continuity flaws aside.

I sure as shit can. An innovative film in a series that had turned to complete and utter garbage. For a seventh entry, following an absolutely pathetic sixth installment, that's pretty damn good. And lo and behold, Freddy got to be scary again...instead of being a fucking goofball.

Awesome...another post that doesn't even mention Halloween. Oh, damn...I spoiled it. :p

Roswell
04-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Awesome...another post that doesn't even mention Halloween. Oh, damn...I spoiled it. :p

Keep it up! Your posts actually makes this thread worth reading now. :bastard:

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 05:21 PM

But of course, it's what i was referring to. I love cronenberg.

Todd
04-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Exactly!

If you spend your money on a movie and hate it, you're probably going to tell your friends not to see it and the chances of you going to any future sequels isn't very likely, especially if you're only a casual fan. For that reason, I think it's safe to say that those behind a movie do care what fans think. They might not always get it right, but I doubt they intentionally give us crap.

shoe1985
04-19-2007, 06:02 PM
I sure as shit can. An innovative film in a series that had turned to complete and utter garbage. For a seventh entry, following an absolutely pathetic sixth installment, that's pretty damn good. And lo and behold, Freddy got to be scary again...instead of being a fucking goofball.

I didn't like New Nightmare, but many people did. I know many people believe this is the best one in the series. It had its moments. I was never a big fan of the series, and that is probably why I didn't like the movie like most.

Now does this mean that Michael will be scary again? Nope, Michael could be the least scariest in this movie. It really just comes down to how much of an effort the filmmakers put into the movie. Everyone must try to come together and be willing to make a good movie. With H6 and H8, people had their own ideas of what the movie should be and we got what we got. With H20 it was different, everyone wanted to have Michael and Laurie fight for the last time, and make it a credible movie.

shoe1985
04-19-2007, 06:07 PM
If you spend your money on a movie and hate it, you're probably going to tell your friends not to see it and the chances of you going to any future sequels isn't very likely, especially if you're only a casual fan. For that reason, I think it's safe to say that those behind a movie do care what fans think. They might not always get it right, but I doubt they intentionally give us crap.

I agree and disagree. Lets look at H3, they took Michael out, and for that reason most people hated it. They lost money, and put Michael back in for the fans and to generate money again.

Look at H5 now, everyone got money hungry and rushed it to get more money out of everyone.

H6 took a long time to be made because of legal issues, and then they just seemed to get crappy scripts and went with a pretty good one, but changed it to fit the needs of the execs.

So my point is that the movies are made to create money. Having fans is an extra incentive to try and make more money. We only create a small percentage of their box office, but enough to keep pumping out sequels.

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Now does this mean that Michael will be scary again? Nope, Michael could be the least scariest in this movie. It really just comes down to how much of an effort the filmmakers put into the movie. Everyone must try to come together and be willing to make a good movie

I have a feeling this michael will indeed be frightening. based on the fact that even the few still images that we've seen He is much creepier than he's looked in a while

Khan
04-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Rob was just trying to get on our good sides. It is a great tool, the internet, to use to try and gain support for a movie. Considering this is a remake, it helps even more.

Yeah, you have to give him points for trying, even if it wasn't totally sincere.

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah, you have to give him points for trying, even if it wasn't totally sincere.

I feel like it was probably more like he was trying to bring the fans on board with what he was planning that pandering to the crowd.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-19-2007, 08:24 PM
I didn't like New Nightmare, but many people did. I know many people believe this is the best one in the series. It had its moments. I was never a big fan of the series, and that is probably why I didn't like the movie like most.

Now does this mean that Michael will be scary again? Nope, Michael could be the least scariest in this movie. It really just comes down to how much of an effort the filmmakers put into the movie. Everyone must try to come together and be willing to make a good movie. With H6 and H8, people had their own ideas of what the movie should be and we got what we got. With H20 it was different, everyone wanted to have Michael and Laurie fight for the last time, and make it a credible movie.
A valid point about Michael...though it has nothing to do with anything I said. It's relevant to the overall topic, I just have no idea how you shift from one into the other, as if I were implying that there was a connection. I was completely off-topic at that point. :p

I agree and disagree. Lets look at H3, they took Michael out, and for that reason most people hated it. They lost money, and put Michael back in for the fans and to generate money again.
Well...they didn't lose money. The budget was $2,500,000. The domestic gross was about $14,400,000. So actually, H3 made almost as much as H4 (domestic gross: about $17,800,000), with only half the budget...Michael or no Michael.

Shamrock-Robot
04-19-2007, 08:42 PM
The truth is these movies are made just for money, I dont think Malek and The Weinsteins would put this movie out for free just so the fans can see it, They do want money from it, Now just because they want money doesnt mean it wont or cant turn out to be a good film, It just depends on who they get to write and direct it, And I think they hired the right man to bring Halloween out of the dump it has been in for so many years.

JKwinter
04-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Not to mention some illuminatti type individuals at Hollywood scrolling through the annals of horror movies that haven't been remade yet, arriving at the next logical conclusion...mmm...yep...Halloween, that one's next. The apparent success of TCM probably had something to do with it.

But even so, RZ has a legacy he is trying to build for himself, so even though the money is a big part of the deal, I sincerely think he wants to make a chilling movie.

EOTL, what happened? Looked like you were on topic for a second there.:bastard:

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-19-2007, 09:29 PM
EOTL, what happened? Looked like you were on topic for a second there.:bastard:
Well, not really...I was mainly just talking about H3 and H4 at the box office.

So long as I don't actually reference...you know...that movie that this thread is supposed to be about...I'm fine. :D

Neematoad
04-19-2007, 09:30 PM
The sad thing is this movie only needs to be somwhat successful and sub par quality to be in the running for a sequal. So even if this movie sucks it still may get a sequal.

commonkid911
04-19-2007, 10:11 PM
The man makes me nervous. Its ganna be a love/hate situation on the 31st of August

shoe1985
04-20-2007, 03:02 AM
A valid point about Michael...though it has nothing to do with anything I said. It's relevant to the overall topic, I just have no idea how you shift from one into the other, as if I were implying that there was a connection. I was completely off-topic at that point.

Oh I know this was off-topic, I was just trying to make it part of the topic.

Well...they didn't lose money. The budget was $2,500,000. The domestic gross was about $14,400,000. So actually, H3 made almost as much as H4 (domestic gross: about $17,800,000), with only half the budget...Michael or no Michael.

I meant that they had hoped it would do great business, but ended up failing for them. It did good money, yes, but not what they had hoped. The backlash was so massive that they knew another movie like that would ruin the series for good.

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 03:20 AM
The truth is these movies are made just for money

I don't think Rob Zombie needs more money. I think he just likes working with movies and is a fan of Halloween.

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 03:21 AM
I meant that they had hoped it would do great business, but ended up failing for them.
If it made money, how the hell did it fail for them?

Todd
04-20-2007, 04:45 AM
And what makes you think he wasn't sincere?
How would coming to a message board that most people don't even know exists help him? He could have completely ignored us, like every other director of a recent Halloween movie has.

Like I said to another poster, how would Rob posting on this message board help the movie in any big way? Most people don't even know there is such as thing as the OHMB, so it's not like he was reaching out to the people who will be the bulk of the movie going audience for his version of Halloween. Is it not possible that he posted here because he thought that communicating in some small way with loyal fans of the series was the right thing to do?

Look at H5 now, everyone got money hungry and rushed it to get more money out of everyone.

H6 took a long time to be made because of legal issues, and then they just seemed to get crappy scripts and went with a pretty good one, but changed it to fit the needs of the execs.

So my point is that the movies are made to create money. Having fans is an extra incentive to try and make more money. We only create a small percentage of their box office, but enough to keep pumping out sequels.
Obviously it takes money to make money, but that's only part of the equation when it comes to movies.
As far as H3 goes, people weren't simply upset by Michael not being in it. They were upset because they were misled. By calling the movie "Halloween 3", they gave the instant impression that Michael would be back. If they had been straightforward and simply called it Season of the Witch, it would have faired much better at the box office. As it was, it was hardly a financial failure.

samhain51
04-20-2007, 07:00 AM
I have a feeling that this movie will be a sucess . Ive talked to several people and showed them the trailer ! These are the same people who have a bad taste in their mouth about Horror films about Halloween . These people are in my family and they think Halloween is just another slasher film with a guy running around killing people with a chefs knife . These same people after showing them the trrailer thought the movie looked good and even had the same effect on them as the original . To me and them after seeing this it looks really good to us thanks for reading!!!

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 07:10 AM
It's going to be big with the nu-age Hot Topic horror fans.

Lucifer
04-20-2007, 08:02 AM
I have a feeling that this movie will be a sucess . Ive talked to several people and showed them the trailer ! These are the same people who have a bad taste in their mouth about Horror films about Halloween . These people are in my family and they think Halloween is just another slasher film with a guy running around killing people with a chefs knife . These same people after showing them the trrailer thought the movie looked good and even had the same effect on them as the original . To me and them after seeing this it looks really good to us thanks for reading!!!

Same here, everyone ive shown it too has liked it .So i think it must have a widish appeal.

fangface
04-20-2007, 08:09 AM
I don't think Rob Zombie needs more money. I think he just likes working with movies and is a fan of Halloween.

I agree. It's at least reassuring to know that he's a big fan of the original movie, and is not some up-and-coming filmmaker looking to make his mark or use this as a stepping stone.

Khan
04-20-2007, 08:51 AM
How would coming to a message board that most people don't even know exists help him? He could have completely ignored us, like every other director of a recent Halloween movie has.

The way I see it, the internet is a powerful tool as Shoe1985 said, and with this being the official Halloween board, someone in the PR/marketing department of Dimension said, "Hey, let's get Rob to pretend he is interested in what other people want so they can jump on the remake bandwagon and see the movie!"

Man In Black
04-20-2007, 09:12 AM
First set of answers (you have to take into consideration he's had 600 questions...
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=101946169&blogID=255695699&Mytoken=C338BCBB-7B7C-42DA-97F85F532FAFDB6760325062

Franchise
04-20-2007, 09:25 AM
I think Rob's answer to the last question is the best. Halloween chose him. I'll have to agree there. With his styles pointing more towards the old school and not having anything to do with digital effects, I think he's a throwback to the time when the slasher craze first started. Kudos to Rob on his answers.

Man In Black
04-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Tyler will be doing his first Horror Convention at MONSTER MANIA: http://www.monstermania.net/

temp19
04-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Damn great answers, I really have to say I am impressed at how Rob has handled everything in the process thus far. This is not an easy movie to make as there are so many big fans of the Halloween series he has been questioned at every turn and the way he has handled himself has been great. I am truly looking forward to the film as I feel Rob has the right vision to give us a totally new look to the film. Also nice to see that Danielle wanted the Annie role and was always a huge fan of Annie as Annie was my favorite in the original also.

clownMichael
04-20-2007, 09:43 AM
I really like the cast thAT Rob has put together. IF.....& thats a big IF, I had to complain about one, it would be Brad Dourif as Sherriff Brackett. I love Brad & think there is a place for him in the film, but Brackett should not be some weird out cop as usually as the roles Brad portrays. Brackett is the ideal father and local All-time Andy Griffith type Sherriff looking over his favorite small town.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Oh I know this was off-topic, I was just trying to make it part of the topic.
Ah, I see...you renegade. :D

I meant that they had hoped it would do great business, but ended up failing for them. It did good money, yes, but not what they had hoped. The backlash was so massive that they knew another movie like that would ruin the series for good.
Right on...now, that I can pretty much agree with. H3 definitely didn't do the expected numbers.

The way I see it, the internet is a powerful tool as Shoe1985 said, and with this being the official Halloween board, someone in the PR/marketing department of Dimension said, "Hey, let's get Rob to pretend he is interested in what other people want so they can jump on the remake bandwagon and see the movie!"
hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Cynical much?

I mean, would these be the same PR people who are supposedly running the cast's MySpace pages? :p

Slapshot
04-20-2007, 09:47 AM

We don't make up enough of the audience to make a difference. This movie wouldn't flop if we all didn't see it. Besides that, they would have known we'd all see it anyways.

halo thirty one
04-20-2007, 09:50 AM
I think Rob's answer to the last question is the best. Halloween chose him. I'll have to agree there. With his styles pointing more towards the old school and not having anything to do with digital effects, I think he's a throwback to the time when the slasher craze first started. Kudos to Rob on his answers.
I agree. Also, it's funny to read a few posts suggesting that Rob Zombie might not be all that honest in his intentions when joining a message board or online community. Personally I don't know a whole lot about him, but from what little I do know it seems like he is someone who is not going to compromise on something if he isn't happy with it. It also seems like he cares about the original Halloween as much as anyone here. What reason would he have to deceive anyone? Judging from his other two movies, he's going to make the story that he wants to make.

Slapshot
04-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Here's the finished version of the Myers figure from NECA:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/seanhall/l_7aed5ba58d77cf7916591ac508c16c8e.jpg

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-20-2007, 09:54 AM
I really like the cast thAT Rob has put together. IF.....& thats a big IF, I had to complain about one, it would be Brad Dourif as Sherriff Brackett. I love Brad & think there is a place for him in the film, but Brackett should not be some weird out cop as usually as the roles Brad portrays. Brackett is the ideal father and local All-time Andy Griffith type Sherriff looking over his favorite small town.
Because as we all know, actors can only play one type of role.

Just because Dourif's been typecast, that doesn't mean he's incapable of anything else. He's an actor...he can act.

We don't make up enough of the audience to make a difference. This movie wouldn't flop if we all didn't see it. Besides that, they would have known we'd all see it anyways.
Yeah...it's kind of arrogant to assume that they'd go out of their way to impress us. Especially since they know damn well that we'll go see the movie, no matter what.

Obviously, people have finally found a way to combat the fact that Zombie actually bothered to join an online community in order to interact with them. So they're gonna throw out their little idea, however silly it may be. :D

Oh, guys...check this out:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/jamesoblivion/bmw-evo3_rear_spoiler-1.jpg

Suckers. :p

Todd
04-20-2007, 10:12 AM
How many members of the OHMB are there?
And of all the members here, how many post on a regular basis?
We're all going to see the movie anyway, so why take time to entice us when it isn't even necessary?

SLAB
04-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Because as we all know, actors can only play one type of role.

Oh, guys...check this out:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/jamesoblivion/bmw-evo3_rear_spoiler-1.jpg

Suckers. :p

That's quite the spoiler, you may want to be careful what you choose to reveal Yottle! :siren:

temp19
04-20-2007, 10:16 AM
We're all going to see the movie anyway, so why take time to entice us when it isn't even necessary?
Todd we all know you would rather watch wrestling then the new movie hahha

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-20-2007, 10:19 AM
That's quite the spoiler, you may want to be careful what you choose to reveal Yottle! :siren:
Hey, I tag where it's appropriate. I don't think I'm giving away too much. :D

Slapshot
04-20-2007, 10:25 AM

Exactly. There are 7,854 members right now, and say that everyone buys a ticket for $9, that's $70,686. The company wouldn't waste their time for that much money when they want to make MILLIONS.

Todd
04-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Todd we all know you would rather watch wrestling then the new movie hahha
I do believe you have mistaken me for someone else.

Exactly. There are 7,854 members right now, and say that everyone buys a ticket for $9, that's $70,686. The company wouldn't waste their time for that much money when they want to make MILLIONS.
Yep.
Rob Zombie didn't need to post here at all. He did so because he was interested in what he thought and wanted to let us in on some things.
It was only after people got way too bitchy and blew some rumors way out of proportion that he stopped posting here.

Khan
04-20-2007, 10:35 AM
hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Cynical much?

I mean, would these be the same PR people who are supposedly running the cast's MySpace pages? :p

I am always cynical.

The myspace pages are great marketing tools as well, nothing more.

On the topic of the questions, I am overall impressed with the answers.

Neematoad
04-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Hey, I tag where it's appropriate. I don't think I'm giving away too much. :D

I would have had to kick your ass if I read the spoiler. now I know not to go to that page. Granted I realize its getting close to the point where I'm not able to come and disscuss the movie in here becuase, nearley all of you here have read and re read the script and are basically having conversations like the movie has been released.

But I must say I feel kind of sorry for you guys who couldnt keep it in your pants long enough to really appreciate the fresh start to the series this film will be. think about it, what do you guys who have read and familiarized your selves with the script have to look forward to? Nothing really. I think you guys did your selves a diservice and wasted this oppertunity of unfamilirizing yourself with this series in order to really enjoy the remake.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-20-2007, 12:04 PM
I would have had to kick your ass if I read the spoiler. now I know not to go to that page. Granted I realize its getting close to the point where I'm not able to come and disscuss the movie in here becuase, nearley all of you here have read and re read the script and are basically having conversations like the movie has been released.

But I must say I feel kind of sorry for you guys who couldnt keep it in your pants long enough to really appreciate the fresh start to the series this film will be. think about it, what do you guys who have read and familiarized your selves with the script have to look forward to? Nothing really. I think you guys did your selves a diservice and wasted this oppertunity of unfamilirizing yourself with this series in order to really enjoy the remake.
Click on the spoiler...you know you want to. :D

Here's the finished version of the Myers figure from NECA:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/seanhall/l_7aed5ba58d77cf7916591ac508c16c8e.jpg
What...no alternate Shitmask?!?!?!?! BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though...looks pretty. :D

Man In Black
04-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I can't believe that spoiler - the shit mask in action - never thought I'd see it!!!

shoe1985
04-20-2007, 12:06 PM
If it made money, how the hell did it fail for them?

Look at the reviews, people bashed it for not having Michael in it. Many people at the time, from what I heard, vowed never to see a non-Michael Halloween movie. There are many more reasons why too.

Like I said to another poster, how would Rob posting on this message board help the movie in any big way? Most people don't even know there is such as thing as the OHMB, so it's not like he was reaching out to the people who will be the bulk of the movie going audience for his version of Halloween. Is it not possible that he posted here because he thought that communicating in some small way with loyal fans of the series was the right thing to do?

Obviously it takes money to make money, but that's only part of the equation when it comes to movies.
As far as H3 goes, people weren't simply upset by Michael not being in it. They were upset because they were misled. By calling the movie "Halloween 3", they gave the instant impression that Michael would be back. If they had been straightforward and simply called it Season of the Witch, it would have faired much better at the box office. As it was, it was hardly a financial failure.

Considering most diehard fans come here, why not try to get them on your side? It will make them feel better about the movie since most fans hate the idea of remakes in general.

I agree with your statement on H3. There are many reasons people consider it a failure, even the creative minds behind it will tell you it wasn't a success in their minds.

I showed my friends the trailer and they all hated it. I mentioned the Grindhouse experience before, and I am hoping for the best.

It is too early to tell how things will turn out. It could go the Black Christmas route also.

Here is where I am starting to disagree with this comment. People that see this movie will be horror fans. Almost everyone I know is a Halloween fan, the original I mean. That means they are a fan. It doesn't mean they have to like all the movies to be a fan though. I know many people who hated all the sequels, and will only watch the original.

Plus, we are the ones who will see the movie 5-10 times in the theater. It is sad but true. We do take our friends with us, I took 10 to see H8, which I saw 3 times, and took 5 the second time, and 2 the third time.

From what I know, Rob is a really nice guy. He is trying his best to put out a worthy movie, and if it fails, it fails. What else can you do? I am excited to see the finished product.

Todd
04-20-2007, 12:08 PM

The script many of us read was an early draft that has undoubtedly changed quite a bit. Besides, this is a remake, so if you've seen the original, there will be no big suprises in store. We know some things are being changed and elaborated on, but the big mystery of this movie isn't the events that will take place, but rather the presentation of them and how well Rob Zombie puts it all together.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I can't believe that spoiler - the shit mask in action - never thought I'd see it!!!
I KNOW!!!!!!!!! :D

I love the way...the mask has that "constipated" expression on it. Makes it more realistic that way. :nodsmile:

Man In Black
04-20-2007, 12:20 PM

I love the way...the mask has that "constipated" expression on it. Makes it more realistic that way. :nodsmile:

I like the way he carries it in a shit flask It really shows depth because its a pretty big flask:D I doubt he has any soup in it though but things might change in the script

Thats enough from me goofing around with the spoiler tag

Slapshot
04-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Here is where I am starting to disagree with this comment. People that see this movie will be horror fans. Almost everyone I know is a Halloween fan, the original I mean. That means they are a fan. It doesn't mean they have to like all the movies to be a fan though. I know many people who hated all the sequels, and will only watch the original.

Plus, we are the ones who will see the movie 5-10 times in the theater. It is sad but true. We do take our friends with us, I took 10 to see H8, which I saw 3 times, and took 5 the second time, and 2 the third time.

From what I know, Rob is a really nice guy. He is trying his best to put out a worthy movie, and if it fails, it fails. What else can you do? I am excited to see the finished product.

Not necessarily. Other people besides horror fans will see this movie. Sure, they have to LIKE horror movies but there will be other people that will see it. I only plan on seeing the movie once, twice at the MOST if someone I know really wants to go after I have already seen it, and that is enough for me. I'm sure most of us won't see it 5-10 times in the theater either. Most of the people I know, OK ALL, aren't horror or Halloween fans so I won't be taking anyone. The fans of this board do not make up enough of an audience to make the movie successful, that's what I was trying to say.

Man In Black
04-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I never go to watch a movie with anyone anymore - too frustrating. I also tend to go in the middle of the day, usually taking the afternoon off from work so there are minimum people in there. I have also never watched a movie more than twice in the cinema - if I enjoyed that first showing, but the showing made about 50 from the five people spread out, I don't care - I got out of it what I wanted.

Slapshot
04-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I never go to watch a movie with anyone anymore - too frustrating. I also tend to go in the middle of the day, usually taking the afternoon off from work so there are minimum people in there. I have also never watched a movie more than twice in the cinema - if I enjoyed that first showing, but the showing made about 50 from the five people spread out, I don't care - I got out of it what I wanted.

Same here. I rarely go with anyone else. Plus, the only people I'd even want to go with have a habit of talking throughout and being annoying. I mean, it's fine to talk for some movies I suppose but for some, just shut the hell up! I mean, for Spider-Man 3 I know I'll be going "That was fucking awesome!" but I won't be just talking throughout. I didn't spend the money to talk with you, I can do that on the phone or in person. The only times I've ever seen a movie a second time in theaters is when I have already seen it and someone else invited me to see it again. I won't pass up a free movie. :)

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-20-2007, 12:40 PM
I like the way he carries it in a shit flask It really shows depth because its a pretty big flask:D
Very true...I hadn't even thought about that.

Also, I was just thinking...
If I said "People who don't click on spoilers suck," and I put it in a spoiler tag...they'd never even read it. :p

krustytheklown
04-20-2007, 12:51 PM
im getting more and more optimistic about this flick. i was ready to boycott it a couple of months ago, which was bullshit i admit it, but now im jazzed. RZ is completely correct. too many cooks in the pot ruined the last several haloween flicks, with the studio and JLC getting too involved and hurting H20 and making it a mediocre scream reject.im thrilled this project starts and ends with RZ final say, with the weinsteins staying out of it. guys in suits never , ever do service to a movie.that being said i hope RZ doesnt turn out to be some giant hack and will instead turn out a great flick and come back for the sequel.

Neematoad
04-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Click on the spoiler...you know you want to. :D

NEVEEEEEEEEEER

The script many of us read was an early draft that has undoubtedly changed quite a bit. Besides, this is a remake, so if you've seen the original, there will be no big suprises in store. We know some things are being changed and elaborated on, but the big mystery of this movie isn't the events that will take place, but rather the presentation of them and how well Rob Zombie puts it all together.

Exactley and by reading it ove and ove again you've aleady ruined that aspect anyway. As you've said the new script only builds apon what we already know so any thing new zombie has brought to the table has been logged by you all familiarizing your selves with the script. The only thing you have left is basically....the theater experience :bigeyes: ?

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Exactley and by reading it ove and ove again you've aleady ruined that aspect anyway. As you've said the new script only builds apon what we already know so any thing new zombie has brought to the table has been logged by you all familiarizing your selves with the script. The only thing you have left is basically....the theater experience :bigeyes: ?
The only thing we have left is the only thing that matters...the film. Reading a script (especially an early script) and seeing a film are two completely different things. Film is an audio/visual medium. You can't get the film by reading the script. Otherwise, why would studios spend millions of dollars making a film, when they could just publish the script, which would cost much less? People want to see the film. There's a lot more to a film than what's on the page.

I knew pretty much every spoiler to be known about Batman Begins well before it came out. My jaw still dropped when I actually saw the film...and I went back to see it three more times. Because a great film is still great, and a bad film is still bad, whether I know nothing going in or I go in having read the script and every other spoiler imaginable. I'm there for more than just the words out of the script. I'm there to see the film. And no spoilers are going to ruin that for me.

mcilroga
04-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Off topic, but it can be hard as hell to see a movie in the cinema by yourself. Especially if you get there when the previews are about to start/the lights haven't gone out yet. If it's a packed theatre, and you walk in by yourself, you can literally feel everyone's eyes on you... by yourself. Then you go and sit down and just know thirty assholes are all gossiping about 'how much of a loner you are.' Even if you don't really care about what people think of you (which I've stopped doing), it is still pretty awkward. I've tried it once, and it's like a spotlight. And I hate spotlights. Haha.

Khan
04-20-2007, 01:32 PM
I used to go by myself a lot, as no one in my family likes horror movies.

These days, I don't go to the theater often, but when I do, it is with my dad.

Todd
04-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Not the theater experience, the movie experience. You know, things like atmosphere, pacing, acting, etc,. If you think there is going to be some kind of Sixth Sense type twist or revelation in this movie, you will undoubtedly be disappointed. We already know the basic story, so knowing some of the elaborations or changes Rob Zombie has made won't exactly ruin the experience. If they had put the script for the original Halloween in the hands of a director other than John Carpenter, do you think we would have ended up with the same movie? A good script can easily be turned into a horrible or mediocre film. Just ask Daniel Farrands.

shoe1985
04-20-2007, 03:16 PM

Todd is right, some things have changed, not much, since the leaked draft.

Also, if the script is good people will want to see how it is made into a movie. I love doing that myself. There is no point of being surprised anymore because anywhere you go online will mention something you didn't want to know.

I will provide an example. I was watching 24 and found out Audrey was coming back by accident because someone decided not to add a spoiler warning, no big deal really because the effect was still the same for me.

It depends on the person, and getting to read a different draft than most on this board, save a few people, I don't think many will be shocked by what they see. It is a new movie, but things are very similar, but very different. :roflmao:

Neematoad
04-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Not the theater experience, the movie experience. You know, things like atmosphere, pacing, acting, etc,. If you think there is going to be some kind of Sixth Sense type twist or revelation in this movie, you will undoubtedly be disappointed. We already know the basic story, so knowing some of the elaborations or changes Rob Zombie has made won't exactly ruin the experience. If they had put the script for the original Halloween in the hands of a director other than John Carpenter, do you think we would have ended up with the same movie? A good script can easily be turned into a horrible or mediocre film. Just ask Daniel Farrands.

what ahs that got to do with what I said. he was goign to do with the movie what he wanted whether any of us got to see it or not. Are you implying that just becuse you read the script doesnt mean the you have a grasp f the geeneral idea of the movie.

Neematoad
04-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Todd is right, some things have changed, not much, since the leaked draft.

Also, if the script is good people will want to see how it is made into a movie. I love doing that myself. There is no point of being surprised anymore because anywhere you go online will mention something you didn't want to know.

I will provide an example. I was watching 24 and found out Audrey was coming back by accident because someone decided not to add a spoiler warning, no big deal really because the effect was still the same for me.

It depends on the person, and getting to read a different draft than most on this board, save a few people, I don't think many will be shocked by what they see. It is a new movie, but things are very similar, but very different. :roflmao:

Ok thats your reaction to it, and I gather from that it wouldnt have particularley mattered to begin with. You guys can justify not wanting to wait to have an idea of the direction of the film but as you all have stated its essentially the same story so any new aspects added by zombie will be of no suprise to the ones whom have read the script. The only redeeming argument is that not as much as may be beleived has been changed.

Frazetta
04-20-2007, 03:27 PM

I love the way...the mask has that "constipated" expression on it. Makes it more realistic that way. :nodsmile: Lol, he does have thatMust. Pinch. Loaf. Now. look on his shit mask. Looks like little Mikey needs to review his Fiber intake.
On the serious side the new figure looks fucking awesome!:nodsmile:

Man In Black
04-20-2007, 03:27 PM
http://robzombieshalloween.net/RobMalcolmAdrienne.jpg

Frazetta
04-20-2007, 03:28 PM
http://robzombieshalloween.net/RobMalcolmAdrienne.jpg Zombie has a look on his face like he just pulled a great prank.

mcilroga
04-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Zombie has a look on his face like he just pulled a great prank.

And McDowell has an "oops, I just farted" look on his face.

WhiteZombie
04-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Zombie still rocks his hair, and hes almost fifty. What a kickass dude, alot of man are balding by 50.

Frazetta
04-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Zombie still rocks his hair, and hes almost fifty. What a kickass dude, alot of man are balding by 50.
Is he that old? I thought he was 41 maybe 42???

Todd
04-20-2007, 03:49 PM
what ahs that got to do with what I said. he was goign to do with the movie what he wanted whether any of us got to see it or not. Are you implying that just becuse you read the script doesnt mean the you have a grasp f the geeneral idea of the movie.
Huh?
I'll try to decipher your question and answer it as best I can.
If you're asking me if I think that reading the early draft of RZ's Halloween script will ruin the movie for me, the answer is no. I've already said that a couple of times, though. We already know the basic story since this movie has been done once before. Rob Zombie has added some things and elaborated on others, but the general idea remains the same. Once again, even if you know some of the things that will happen in this movie, you don't know how the movie itself will come across when you're watching it. There are many factors that come into play besides the script. Give me a good script with bad actors, a bad set, and a bad director, and I guarantee that when the final result is in, the quality of the script won't save the film. The early script for this movie has no doubt undergone big changes, so I don't know what makes you think those of us who read it know everything that will happen in the movie, anyway.

WhiteZombie
04-20-2007, 03:57 PM

Yeah your right. My shitty math shows haha...hes 42.

shoe1985
04-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Ok thats your reaction to it, and I gather from that it wouldnt have particularley mattered to begin with. You guys can justify not wanting to wait to have an idea of the direction of the film but as you all have stated its essentially the same story so any new aspects added by zombie will be of no suprise to the ones whom have read the script. The only redeeming argument is that not as much as may be beleived has been changed.

The last comment you made is from the early draft and the shooting draft. They are not much different. Things have changed, well improved is a better way to say it, from what has been read by many. When you read the script you can imagine the scenes in your head perfectly.

nwiser
04-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I cant believe it...I almost fell out of my chair when I read

damn...you're pretty desperate for a spoiler arent you? :bastard:

TheShape'78
04-20-2007, 05:13 PM
I cant believe it...I almost fell out of my chair when I read

damn...you're pretty desperate for a spoiler arent you? :bastard:

you dick.

lol

that was actually kind of funny. hahaha, don't waste my time like that again.

lol
j/k

-mitch-

nwiser
04-20-2007, 05:39 PM
you dick.

lol

that was actually kind of funny. hahaha, don't waste my time like that again.

lol
j/k

-mitch-

LOL yeah...I saw that a few others were having fun with the spoiler tags so i figured I'd give it a shot. :D

Khan
04-20-2007, 06:36 PM

According to IMDB he is 42.

halo thirty one
04-20-2007, 06:49 PM
http://robzombieshalloween.net/RobMalcolmAdrienne.jpg

Zombie has a look on his face like he just pulled a great prank.
Like casting John Carpenter's ex-wife in a remake of one of Carpenter's best movies? Kind of an interesting twist, but I'm sure Carpenter really cares less.

Neematoad
04-20-2007, 07:38 PM
The last comment you made is from the early draft and the shooting draft. They are not much different. Things have changed, well improved is a better way to say it, from what has been read by many. When you read the script you can imagine the scenes in your head perfectly.

Thats neither here nor there becuase either way your still pre exposing your self to any new aspect fo the film by reading the draft earley on, you said it your self no major changes have been made scince the earley draft that you all have read. So again whats your point in even bringing that up you still ruined the aspect of the new film.

You said
If they had put the script for the original Halloween in the hands of a director other than John Carpenter, do you think we would have ended up with the same movie? A good script can easily be turned into a horrible or mediocre film. Just ask Daniel Farrands.

And I said what does that have to do with anything. So I asked you if your brigning it up had anything to do with the fact that you believe early amature reviews of the script by board members would some how sway the direction of the film, becuase other then that point it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Who is adrienne barbeau playing again?

JackPumpkinhead
04-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Who is adrienne barbeau playing again?

I THINK she plays a worker at an adoption agency. I THINK!!! Hmm...

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Thats neither here nor there becuase either way your still pre exposing your self to any new aspect fo the film by reading the draft earley on, you said it your self no major changes have been made scince the earley draft that you all have read. So again whats your point in even bringing that up you still ruined the aspect of the new film.
You know, I really have to ask...what the fuck does it matter to you what other people do? If we don't feel that we're ruining it for ourselves, then we're not. Only we can determine what ruins a movie for us. You don't decide that for us. It has nothing to do with you, as far as I can see. All you're doing is harassing people for no good reason.

You don't want spoilers, don't fucking look at them...if other people do, so be it. They can decide for themselves. If they don't think the movie is going to be ruined for them that way, they know themselves better than you know them, so they're probably right. And even if they do end up ruining it for themselves, how does that affect you? It doesn't...so what the fuck do you care? Let it go. It's fucking boring.

Neematoad
04-20-2007, 08:37 PM
You know, I really have to ask...what the fuck does it matter to you what other people do? If we don't feel that we're ruining it for ourselves, then we're not. Only we can determine what ruins a movie for us. You don't decide that for us. It has nothing to do with you, as far as I can see. All you're doing is harassing people for no good reason.

You don't want spoilers, don't fucking look at them...if other people do, so be it. They can decide for themselves. If they don't think the movie is going to be ruined for them that way, they know themselves better than you know them, so they're probably right. And even if they do end up ruining it for themselves, how does that affect you? It doesn't...so what the fuck do you care? Let it go. It's fucking boring.

I think you should not concern your self with my conduct on the boards instead of getting up in arms about it. Please direct me to where you mistook me for giving a fuck, I said I felt sorry for, theres a difference. I made a general statement and participated in a back in forth with other board members about it. If we need a life gaurd I'll let you know. And if I or any body else don't want
spoilers you just better tag them bitches like your 'spose to.

I THINK she plays a worker at an adoption agency. I THINK!!! Hmm...

Hmm I thought she was playing loomises wife.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-20-2007, 09:02 PM
I think you should not concern your self with my conduct on the boards instead of getting up in arms about it. Please direct me to where you mistook me for giving a fuck, I said I felt sorry for, theres a difference. I made a general statement and participated in a back in forth with other board members about it. If we need a life gaurd I'll let you know.
I shouldn't concern myself with your conduct, while you're busy concerning yourself with what everyone else is doing? Nice. And more pot-and-kettle wisdom for me?

Yeah...you said you felt sorry for people who were "ruining" it for themselves. Then, when people said it wasn't going to be ruined for them, you proceded to go on and fucking on, talking about how what they were doing was wrong and stupid and blah blah blah. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be talking about it, would you? And certainly not in post after post after endless fucking post. So obviously, you care...i.e. give a fuck.

Neematoad
04-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I shouldn't concern myself with your conduct, while you're busy concerning yourself with what everyone else is doing? Nice. And more pot-and-kettle wisdom for me?

Yeah...you said you felt sorry for people who were "ruining" it for themselves. Then, when people said it wasn't going to be ruined for them, you proceded to go on and fucking on, talking about how what they were doing was wrong and stupid and blah blah blah. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be talking about it, would you? And certainly not in post after post after endless fucking post. So obviously, you care...i.e. give a fuck.

Is it not your problem that you mistook my general comment for me giving a fuck. What I really ment in my las post was eithe way it did'nt concern you. But you concerning your self with me supposedly concerning myself with others is absolutley asinine to me. Notice though when I go off in a tanget in multiple posts, the shit stays on topic. You should learn from that.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Is it not your problem that you mistook my general comment for me giving a fuck. What I really ment in my las post was eithe way it did'nt concern you. But you concerning your self with me supposedly concerning myself with others is absolutley asinine to me. Notice though when I go off in a tanget in multiple posts, the shit stays on topic. You should learn from that.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franchise
04-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Gents, gents, gents. Let's get along. Just like Rodney King and the LAPD.

Neematoad
04-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm not going to play that game. I'm pretty sure what evers underneath that spoiler is really witty and you really zinged me but if its any reference to them film it's gone to waste because I'm not reading it. I wouldn't read it any way.

Back to the topic at hand. Who is adrienne confirmed to be playing becuase I havent seen her character stat under Robs myspace page.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-20-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm not going to play that game. I'm pretty sure what evers underneath that spoiler is really witty and you really zinged me but if its any reference to them film it's gone to waste becuse I'm not reading it. I wouldn't read it any way.

Back to the topic at hand. Who is adrienne confirmed to be playing becuase I havent seen her character stat under Robs myspace page.
The world may never know. :D

As far as I know, her character hasn't been announced.

Phatty Matty
04-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Gents, gents, gents. Let's get along. Just like Rodney King and the LAPD.

I like your new way of handling things Mike. I'm gonna go get beat up by a bunch of cops now on video camera and become famous. I'll make money but then blow it off on legal fees and drugs.

Franchise
04-20-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm not staff so I'm just suggesting stuff.

Man In Black
04-20-2007, 10:34 PM
To answer a question - Adrienne Barbeau is playing Barbara Florentine who as stated works in the Haddonfield adoption agency.

shoe1985
04-21-2007, 04:22 AM
Seeing the movie will be an experience in its own. I have read many scripts before seeing the movie and not once has it ruined the movie for me. I get your point, but who cares?

As for spoilers, I haven't felt anything was spoiled for anybody on the board. The spoilers needed to be tagged have been. Most people discuss things they saw in the trailer, but it has been released, so discussion will be done.

So, lets all let out a sigh of relief and go back to our normal lives for the next few days.

It is just a movie. Nobody is god in this movie or making this movie.

Todd
04-21-2007, 06:18 AM
You said

And I said what does that have to do with anything. So I asked you if your brigning it up had anything to do with the fact that you believe early amature reviews of the script by board members would some how sway the direction of the film, becuase other then that point it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

When did I ever say that reviews of the early script by board members would sway the direction of the film? You must be smoking some good stuff because it appears like you're hallucinating. You seem to be saying that people who have read the early script now have nothing to look forward to, and I've pointed out several times why you're wrong about that.

Neematoad
04-21-2007, 09:02 AM
When did I ever say that reviews of the early script by board members would sway the direction of the film? You must be smoking some good stuff because it appears like you're hallucinating. You seem to be saying that people who have read the early script now have nothing to look forward to, and I've pointed out several times why you're wrong about that.

If you read my comment you would see that I mentioned none of the things you commented on had any thing to do with my point so thats what I gathered you trying to articulate, which still had nothing to do with my point I'll say again. And incase you dont get it this time what your talking abotu has nothing to do with my point , I dont know how to make that any clearer then that. I was'nt wrong about anything you just feel differentley about it and I still stick by what I say cause that goes for any movies that are discussed in these forums.

And why has Addrienne 's character yet to be defined seeing as how they have obviously already filmed her scenes. I'm hoping all these cameos by all these different genre stars have some relevance to the story and are not just "hey thats the girl from..." moments in these films. Acoding to people whoom have ad the scipt it doesnt vary much from the original so I cant see how all these new characters will serve as any thing other then "screen candy" for gennre fans.

mcilroga
04-21-2007, 09:18 AM
I apologize if this has already been posted, however I'm 90% certain it hasn't been.

Here's a Q&A with Rob on MySpace.

IS JAMIE LEE CURTIS GOING TO POP UP IN IT SOMEWHERE EITHER AS A CAMEO OR A SMALL ROLE?

No, Jamie Lee Curtis does not appear in the film. Obviously I think she is great, but I also thought her presence would break the reality of this new film.

[:godno:]

DOES JOHN CARPENTER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE NEW MOVIE?

No, other than wishing me well with the project John does not have any involvement.

INSTEAD OF HAVING DANIELLE HARRIS PLAY ANNIE WAS THERE ANY THOUGHT OF HAVING HER PLAY LAURIE?

No, Danielle never wanted to play Laurie. She has always been a fan of the original Annie character and wanted to create the new Annie.

HOW MUCH, IF ANY, CGI WAS USED IN THE FILM MAKING PROCESS?

There are no CGI effects used in this film at all. Everything is an "old school" style gag.

I KNOW THAT CLOCKWORK ORANGE IS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE MOVIES. HOW DID YOU APPROACH MALCOLM MCDOWELL AND WHAT WAS IT LIKE TO WORK WITH HIM?

I am a huge fan of Malcolm and yes A Clockwork Orange is my favorite film. Malcolm was a total blast to work with. He gave a 100% everyday and has created a fresh version of Loomis that is going to blow you guys away. We really get to know Loomis and follow his journey.

HOW HAS THE INSTANT FEEDBACK OF FORUMS, SUCH AS MYSPACE OR MESSAGE BOARDS IN GENERAL, INFLUENCED YOU AS A DIRECTOR? DO THE LIKES OR THE DISLIKES OF YOUR FANBASE INFLUENCED YOUR DECISIONS?

No, as a director you have to hold strong your vision. That is the only way something special can happen. "Too many cooks in the kitchen" is a recipe for disaster. I love the fans, but unfortunately the fans are usually basing their opinions on rumors and false information spread on-line.

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU FILMED ON SOME OF THE SAME STREETS AS THE ORIGINAL; WILL ANY OF THE HOUSES FROM THE ORIGINAL APPEAR IN YOUR FILM AT ALL?

Yes, I filmed in Pasadena in and around some of the same locations. In a few scenes you can see some of the famous houses in the background.

DID YOU GET TO WORK WITH ANY OTHER FOLKS WHO WORKED ON THE ORIGINAL HALLOWEEN? HOW CONSCIOUS ARE YOU WITH REGARD TO RECREATING HOW THE MOVIE IS PHOTOGRAPHED?

No, I didn't speak to anyone. As far as the photography I didn't try to recreate the look of the original. This movie has to stand as a fresh film not a copy.

ANY PLANS FOR SEQUELS? WHERE WOULD YOU WANT TO TAKE THE FRANCHISE?

I'm sure if the movie does well they will make a sequel. I have no plans to be involved.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE HALLOWEEN TO RE-CREATE? THERE WERE SO MANY OTHER FILMS, WHY HALLOWEEN?

I didn't choose Halloween. Halloween chose me.

Link (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=101946169&MyToken=7358e326-66d1-4bb6-ace2-7ed085b84662ML)

Franchise
04-21-2007, 09:19 AM
It has been posted. You'll get over it.

mcilroga
04-21-2007, 09:20 AM
It has been posted. You'll get over it.

:suicide: I'm over it.

Todd
04-21-2007, 09:31 AM
If you read my comment you would see that I mentioned none of the things you commented on had any thing to do with my point so thats what I gathered you trying to articulate, which still had nothing to do with my point I'll say again. And incase you dont get it this time what your talking abotu has nothing to do with my point , I dont know how to make that any clearer then that. I was'nt wrong about anything you just feel differentley about it and I still stick by what I say cause that goes for any movies that are discussed in these forums.

I did read your comment. You stated that people who have read the early draft of the script don't have anything to look forward to because they already know what's going to happen. I pointed out that just knowing what will happen in a movie (especially a remake) doesn't mean you know how it will turn out on the screen. A lot more goes into the quality of a movie than simply the script. I don't know whether you don't get it or simply won't acknowledge it, but either way, it's your problem, not mine.

SEXMACHINE
04-21-2007, 10:12 AM
I am kind of looking forward to this. I am not really fan of Zombie's other films but I will give this a shot. I received a copy of the script from Mark/ten31 and it is different. Hopefully it will work.

Neematoad
04-21-2007, 10:26 AM
I did read your comment. You stated that people who have read the early draft of the script don't have anything to look forward to because they already know what's going to happen. I pointed out that just knowing what will happen in a movie (especially a remake) doesn't mean you know how it will turn out on the screen. A lot more goes into the quality of a movie than simply the script. I don't know whether you don't get it or simply won't acknowledge it, but either way, it's your problem, not mine.

Its more of me not really caring so its dead becuase I'm ending it.

Todd
04-21-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm glad it's "dead".:bigeyes:
I can't wait to SEE the movie though.
There's just something about that visual and auditory experience.....

shoe1985
04-21-2007, 01:39 PM
And why has Addrienne 's character yet to be defined seeing as how they have obviously already filmed her scenes. I'm hoping all these cameos by all these different genre stars have some relevance to the story and are not just "hey thats the girl from..." moments in these films. Acoding to people whoom have ad the scipt it doesnt vary much from the original so I cant see how all these new characters will serve as any thing other then "screen candy" for gennre fans.

Her character, if I remember right, plays a character that is minor, but will play a huge part in the movie. If that makes any sense, good.

Frazetta
04-21-2007, 08:38 PM
The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, the Summer Movie Preview issue, talks about Halloween. I can't say that it's a very positive, or fair, preview.

Jeez, what are we up to now? Seven? Eight? Actually, try nine. Time flies when you're running a franchise into its fourth decade. Ever since John Carpenter first unleashed his masked maniac Michael Myers in 1978, the trick-or-treat thrillers have spilled more and more blood to less and less effect. But in the lucrative world of horror movies, nothing stays dead when there's a few more bucks to be made.

In this latest installment, we find out what happened to the troubled preteen Myers in the years between his first holiday kill and when he busted out of the asylum years later. Call it a prequel, if you want. Just don't call it Halloween 9. ''I had no interest in the series,'' says writer-director Rob Zombie. ''I thought the first film was great, but come on, when you're tacking a '9' onto the end of a movie, who cares? What I liked about this is that it was a fresh start.''

Zombie is actually an interesting choice to revive the slasher saga and, in a lot of ways, the only really compelling thing about this movie. You may not have particularly enjoyed his previous gorefests, House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects, but there's no denying that the former shock rocker has real talent behind the camera. As for the cast, there's the always-creepy Malcolm McDowell, stepping into the shoes of Dr. Loomis (played earlier in the series by Donald Pleasence), and 18-year-old newcomer Scout Taylor- Compton as the imperiled Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis' role in the original). But perhaps the most notable bit of casting is the man behind the mask. Instead of an anonymous stunt guy, this time Myers is played by an actual actor: 6-foot-10-inch former wrestler Tyler Mane (Sabretooth from X-Men). ''They wanted Michael to be more than just a guy who plunges a knife into people,'' Mane says. ''They wanted to make him a real character.'' A character we'll no doubt get to know even better in part 10. (August 31)

JKwinter
04-21-2007, 08:52 PM
...and 18-year-old newcomer Scout Taylor- Compton as the imperiled Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis' role in the original).

I had a chance to watch her tonight in a movie called Wicked Little Things, an installment of the After Dark Horrorfest.

I was surprised no-one mentioned she was in this movie, at least not from all the reading I've done here. Maybe I missed something. I threw the DVD in the player, and as the opening credits came up, I saw her name, and went - whoa - I know who that is! Only from this website though. I wonder if this flick is how RZ spotted her.

She isn't bad; in fact, she does quite well, and that's always nice to know.

wyatt s
04-21-2007, 10:20 PM
haven't been around lately, did i miss anything interesting? I was able to catch Robs "answers" blog and, predictably, he didn't really answer anything i and most of the fans i know weren't already aware of.

Todd
04-22-2007, 06:24 AM
The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, the Summer Movie Preview issue, talks about Halloween. I can't say that it's a very positive, or fair, preview.

Jeez, what are we up to now? Seven? Eight? Actually, try nine. Time flies when you're running a franchise into its fourth decade. Ever since John Carpenter first unleashed his masked maniac Michael Myers in 1978, the trick-or-treat thrillers have spilled more and more blood to less and less effect. But in the lucrative world of horror movies, nothing stays dead when there's a few more bucks to be made.

In this latest installment, we find out what happened to the troubled preteen Myers in the years between his first holiday kill and when he busted out of the asylum years later. Call it a prequel, if you want. Just don't call it Halloween 9. ''I had no interest in the series,'' says writer-director Rob Zombie. ''I thought the first film was great, but come on, when you're tacking a '9' onto the end of a movie, who cares? What I liked about this is that it was a fresh start.''

Zombie is actually an interesting choice to revive the slasher saga and, in a lot of ways, the only really compelling thing about this movie. You may not have particularly enjoyed his previous gorefests, House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects, but there's no denying that the former shock rocker has real talent behind the camera. As for the cast, there's the always-creepy Malcolm McDowell, stepping into the shoes of Dr. Loomis (played earlier in the series by Donald Pleasence), and 18-year-old newcomer Scout Taylor- Compton as the imperiled Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis' role in the original). But perhaps the most notable bit of casting is the man behind the mask. Instead of an anonymous stunt guy, this time Myers is played by an actual actor: 6-foot-10-inch former wrestler Tyler Mane (Sabretooth from X-Men). ''They wanted Michael to be more than just a guy who plunges a knife into people,'' Mane says. ''They wanted to make him a real character.'' A character we'll no doubt get to know even better in part 10. (August 31)
Isn't it wonderful how that "reviewer" doesn't seem to know what he or she is talking about? This isn't a prequel nor is it "part 10". Did they even talk to Rob Zombie about this movie or did they just write up a smart ass paragraph putting down a movie without brushing up on a few facts?

Eric616
04-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Isn't it wonderful how that "reviewer" doesn't seem to know what he or she is talking about? This isn't a prequel nor is it "part 10". Did they even talk to Rob Zombie about this movie or did they just write up a smart ass paragraph putting down a movie without brushing up on a few facts?

and Tyler Mane is 6'8. and their a bunch of dumbasses there trying to make it look like it's a sequel when it's clearly not.

Todd
04-22-2007, 07:05 AM
and Tyler Mane is 6'8. and their a bunch of dumbasses there trying to make it look like it's a sequel when it's clearly not.
Yep, which is why I wonder how much time the writer of that blurb actually spent trying find information about the movie. From the looks of things, whoever the writer was just read some stuff from the internet and wrote up a smart ass paragraph. They didn't need to do some kiss ass piece about how great the movie is going to be, but to put it down without even bothering to get your facts straight is unprofessional, to say the least.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Well, it is Entertainment Weekly...don't expect anything in that publication to be either particularly well-researched or the least bit well-written. But yeah, between this and the MTV coverage, it seems that no one who's actually publicizing this movie (at least at this point) seems to know anything about it.

No worries, though...I'm sure that Fangoria and all the other genre mags will be hyping it up pretty big as time goes on. Granted, they don't have the circulation of a rag like EW, but still...that's where horror fans go for decent articles on upcoming movies.

Eric616
04-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Well, it is Entertainment Weekly...don't expect anything in that publication to be either particularly well-researched or the least bit well-written. But yeah, between this and the MTV coverage, it seems that no one who's actually publicizing this movie (at least at this point) seems to know anything about it.

No worries, though...I'm sure that Fangoria and all the other genre mags will be hyping it up pretty big as time goes on. Granted, they don't have the circulation of a rag like EW, but still...that's where horror fans go for decent articles on upcoming movies.

I get all my coverage from BD and they know what the hell there talking about but entertainment weekly sucks and don't know a damn thing about this movie and neither does MTV!

Todd
04-22-2007, 08:12 AM

Yes, but like you said, Entertainment Weekly reaches a lot more people than Fangoria. That's why it's too bad that the "writer" of that preview couldn't be bothered with little things like research or facts. It wouldn't have taken very long to find out that this movie is a reimagining/remake, not a prequel, and thus a fresh start instead of the nineth sequel to the original. Maybe it bothers me more than it should, but it's the casual movie goer who will make or break this movie at the box office, not loyal followers of the series or even die hard horror fans. I'm hoping that in the inevitible article ETW does about it shortly before the movie is released, they give it the same treatment that H20 received.

Nightmare13
04-22-2007, 08:44 AM
That Entertainment Weekly article is such crap. I love how it manages to basically call the new movie a sequel, a prequel and a remake all in the space of one short piece.

samhain51
04-22-2007, 09:09 AM
I dont think this movie will get good reviews because all the writers will look at it as another run down series with a stupid plot . we have to remember that those writers dont like Halloween with the exception of Fangoria . They need to look at it with an open mind and not let the movies in the past have any negative comparison on this installment because it just wont do this film which I think Ill love any Justice which I think it's going to deserve !!!

Khan
04-22-2007, 11:06 AM
I am expecting it to be massacred by the critics, but I don't care about them.

mcilroga
04-22-2007, 11:16 AM
The Devil's Rejects got a meager 53% on Rotten Tomatoes. Even if this film is good, Halloween has a bonified 100% on RT, so critics are expecting an excellent movie here. Their standards are most likely higher knowing it's a remake of one of the greatest horror films ever made. So I don't see this being well-loved unless Zombie pulls a The Thing or The Fly on us.

scoob
04-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Im guessing a lot of them will react to the same way a lot of the fans first did when a remake was announced. The thing is we have been watching this from day one whereas the "rest of the world" probably have no idea what is going on. They simply see a new Halloween movie is on its way and jump to conclusions.
I think they will be in for a surprise, but as themyerswalk said, who really cares what they think.

wyatt s
04-22-2007, 11:57 AM
The Devil's Rejects got a meager 53% on Rotten Tomatoes. Even if this film is good, Halloween has a bonified 100% on RT, so critics are expecting an excellent movie here. Their standards are most likely higher knowing it's a remake of one of the greatest horror films ever made. So I don't see this being well-loved unless Zombie pulls a The Thing or The Fly on us.

Devils rejects may have only gotten a 53% on rotten tomatoes, but it would seem that most of the country's top critics (your roger eberts and Rolling Stones and such) gave the movie favorable reviews, so based on that i would expect they'll probably react favorably twards this.

Khan
04-22-2007, 01:06 PM

It is just a remake, so they won't be expecting much.

Todd
04-22-2007, 01:50 PM
It's a remake of Halloween, though, one of the most revered horror movies ever. Remakes in general have a bad name, but I hope critics are at least interested enough in this film to put preconceived notions aside and judge it fairly.

mannylb88
04-22-2007, 02:12 PM
just including myself...two months till Halloween.

mcilroga
04-22-2007, 02:12 PM

But it's not like it's a remake of When A Stranger Calls, when even the original isn't considered a classic; it's a remake of Halloween, one of the most influential and eminent horror films in the genre. Many critics will think remaking it in the first place is utter blasphemy...

Khan
04-22-2007, 02:21 PM
But it's not like it's a remake of When A Stranger Calls, when even the original isn't considered a classic; it's a remake of Halloween, one of the most influential and eminent horror films in the genre. Many critics will think remaking it in the first place is utter blasphemy...

They will probably do just that, but who knows.

Remakes in general have a bad name, but I hope critics are at least interested enough in this film to put preconceived notions aside and judge it fairly.

I don't mean to speak for others, but I don't know many people who listen to critics.

mcilroga
04-22-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't understand the logic of most people not listening to critics. Seriously, if I walk into a store and see two dvds; one being a movie that's hailed all over the cover as being "Shocking!" and "Compelling!" by critics, and the other with nothing on it, I'm definitely picking up the first one. I know others feel the same as well.

nwiser
04-22-2007, 02:29 PM
That Entertainment Weekly article is such crap. I love how it manages to basically call the new movie a sequel, a prequel and a remake all in the space of one short piece.

not to take their side...but isnt it? it has elements of all of them. with the backstory on michael, its a prequel...according to Halloweenmovies.com website and even this site (scroll over "HalloweeN" sometime) its Halloween 9 making it a sequel within those confines...and Rob is taking the first Halloween and remaking it in his own vision, so its a remake.

Khan
04-22-2007, 02:42 PM
I don't understand the logic of most people not listening to critics. Seriously, if I walk into a store and see two dvds; one being a movie that's hailed all over the cover as being "Shocking!" and "Compelling!" by critics, and the other with nothing on it, I'm definitely picking up the first one. I know others feel the same as well.

There are people who do.

I was just saying that many people I have talked to don't listen to critics, but I don't know everybody in the world.