PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Trailer Discussion Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Pages : [1] 2

Thurisaz
04-11-2007, 05:28 AM
So here we are on Part 2. The last thread was really prone to go off topic easily. And there were a lot of us guilt of that, myself included. Let's try to keep this one as on topic as possible.

This thread will be the place to come for the Teaser as well as all subsequent trailers and TV spots that are released between now and the big the day. Enjoy!

Trailer Direct Links!

These are Quicktime MOV files.

Right Click and Save these links. They will be saved as makeplaylist.dll and just rename them to WhateverYouWant.mov and they should play.

For those without Quicktime you can download Quicktime Alternative here (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm).

Standard Def

SD: 20.0mb
(http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1568798&sdm=web&pt=rd)

High Def

480p: 30.3mb (http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=35581968&sdm=web&pt=rd)

720p: 75.1mb (http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=35581988&sdm=web&pt=rd)

1080p: 110.1mb (http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=35582002&sdm=web&pt=rd)

Man In Black
04-11-2007, 05:56 AM
There was some talk of Laurie's crib in Michael's bedroom in the last thread. Someone pointed out on another board that baby Boo also has a Raggedy Ann doll in the crib (like the one on Laurie's dresser in the original and in Resurrection)

http://www.ohmb.net/imagehosting/234461ce88256695.jpg

samhain51
04-11-2007, 06:01 AM
There was some talk of Laurie's crib in Michael bedroom. Someone pointed out on another board that baby Boo also has a Raggedy Ann doll in the crib (like the one on Laurie's dresser in the original and in Resurrection)

That Idea would fit in with thw story well . I really want to see how the STrodes adopt Laurie . I think after this movie all of our questions will be answered!

The Ox
04-11-2007, 06:09 AM
thanks for spotting this nice lil detail there.

wyatt s
04-11-2007, 06:13 AM
There was some talk of Laurie's crib in Michael's bedroom in the last thread. Someone pointed out on another board that baby Boo also has a Raggedy Ann doll in the crib (like the one on Laurie's dresser in the original and in Resurrection)

wow, roughly 695thousand viewings and i never even noticed a fucking doll!!! that's a relatively brilliant catch. good eye

samhain51
04-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Is this ths same Raggedy ann doll Thats in Halloween8 or not????Thats a great question!!!

Laow-Z
04-11-2007, 06:17 AM
I'll repost TJ's post in the old thread for those who might have missed it....

Trailer Direct Links!

These are Quicktime MOV files.

Right Click and Save these links. They will be saved as makeplaylist.dll and just rename them to WhateverYouWant.mov and they should play.

For those without Quicktime you can download Quicktime Alternative here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

Standard Def

20.0mb http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1568798&sdm=web&pt=rd

HD

480p: 30.3mb http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=35581968&sdm=web&pt=rd

720p: 75.1mb http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=35581988&sdm=web&pt=rd

1080p: 110.1mb http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=35582002&sdm=web&pt=rd

wyatt s
04-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Is this ths same Raggedy ann doll Thats in Halloween8 or not????Thats a great question!!!

i'd like to say no, if only to never have to acknowledge the existence of that film, but it is really a nice touch by rob if it is

Man In Black
04-11-2007, 06:19 AM

No its a different one. Actually the guy who has the one from Resurrection posted in the thread I found the picture in just to let them know it wasn't the Resurrection one.:)

wyatt s
welp off to work

Laow-Z
There was also a girl dressed-up as Raggedy Ann in the school yard when Tommy was being teased by Lonnie and the gang.

Thurisaz
I'll repost TJ's post in the old thread for those who might have missed it....

Well, it's in the first post here, and a bit better formatted ;)

Laow-Z
04-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Well, it's in the first post here, and a bit better formatted ;)

Well, shit!!!!! I didn't even see it:bigeyes:

Thurisaz
04-11-2007, 06:23 AM
Well, shit!!!!! I didn't even see it:bigeyes:

Well, maybe I should make it a size 10 font then? haha

samhain51
04-11-2007, 06:30 AM
Man you guys are funny thats why I come on this site everyday > NUmber1 It puts me in a good mood #2 I get great laughs!!! Thanks guys!!!!

Todd
04-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Here's a question.
Now that we've seen the teaser trailer, what if this wasn't a remake but was the first version of Halloween. What if John Carpenters original Halloween had never been made and Rob Zombies version was the first and only. Do you think people would watch the teaser and get hyped up to see the movie?

Todd 78
04-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Here's a question.
Now that we've seen the teaser trailer, what if this wasn't a remake but was the first version of Halloween. What if John Carpenters original Halloween had never been made and Rob Zombies version was the first and only. Do you think people would watch the teaser and get hyped up to see the movie?

We would not be as hyped without the history. The movie looks great, but it would be probably just another slasher film

samhain51
04-11-2007, 06:53 AM
I know Id be interested I love Chase (slasher) Horror films so I know Id be interested!!!When I was little I used to rent Horror Movies to get scared . Now I do It because I see the Hard work and time put into it . Theres no other moviue type out there that tames the time and mind screws you like a good old fashioned Horror flickl!!!I just Love a good Horror FLick!!!

Dark Empire
04-11-2007, 06:55 AM
Here's a question.

Probably not...! But then again did the original have a trailer for us to compare??

Todd
04-11-2007, 07:07 AM
Probably not...! But then again did the original have a trailer for us to compare??
I'm sure there were, but the original wasn't a hit from the start. It built up its audience over weeks and months. Back then, movies stayed in the theaters a lot longer than they do today. In other words, its success came from word of mouth, not anticipation due to trailers. Today, a lot of bad movies are successful financially because good looking trailers build up the anticipation so that the movie will have a huge opening weekend. Back in '78, the quality of a movie was its main bread winner.

Thurisaz
04-11-2007, 07:13 AM
I'm sure there were, but the original wasn't a hit from the start. It built up its audience over weeks and months. Back then, movies stayed in the theaters a lot longer than they do today. In other words, its success came from word of mouth, not anticipation due to trailers. Today, a lot of bad movies are successful financially because good looking trailers build up the anticipation so that the movie will have a huge opening weekend. Back in '78, the quality of a movie was its main bread winner.

Yeah the trailer for the original was a mess in my opinion, but then most trailers were back then. It was just a bunch of scenes strung together with a guy saying 'Halloween!' every few scenes. Plus it showed quite a few of the better scenes that would have been better left unseen until the movie.

Man In Black
04-11-2007, 07:16 AM
2Hzj_CWr3n4
Wow the original trailer really did contain a lot of spoilers. You'd have to post it using spoiler tags nowadays:D

Dark Empire
04-11-2007, 07:17 AM

From the teaser trailer, I really don't think this movie would hype a lot of people. You have to admit that Carpenter's film was liked by both Horror fans and Non-Horror fans. I doubt Zombies film would make such an impact. Zombies film will bring in big bucks and fans but all thanks to the Original, not stand alone.

Thurisaz
04-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Wow the original trailer really did contain a lot of spoilers. You'd have to post it using spoiler tags nowadays:D

Jesus, I forgot they gave away the Bob kill and the whole across the street chase.

H-Field Hero
04-11-2007, 07:27 AM
The interesting thing is that that's the red band trailer. Anchor Bay only ever puts out green band versions of the trailer (I say versions, because I think we concluded that the Halloween trailers vary on some of the AB issues of the film). I'll have to compare that with the green band one sometime.

Todd
04-11-2007, 07:30 AM
I saw Halloween in '78 and knew nothing about it beforehand.
My dad took me to a lot of movies, but I don't recall having seen a trailer for Halloween before seeing the movie. I might have, but if so, it left little impression on me. I guess there's no good way to answer the question I initially asked about the current trailer. We can't judge its ability to hype the movie because a lot of anticipation is built in due to the success of the original. When I saw Grindhouse, people started clapping when they saw Michael putting on the mask. If it was the first time they had seen that mask, I doubt anyone would have put their hands together. That doesn't mean they wouldn't have been interested, but obviously no one would have thought, "Oh sh*t, that's Michael Myers and this is a Halloween movie!".

nwiser
04-11-2007, 07:43 AM
The interesting thing is that that's the red band trailer. Anchor Bay only ever puts out green band versions of the trailer

I'm not up on filmmaking and trailers...what's a green band and whats a red band in reference to the trailers?

Laow-Z
04-11-2007, 08:13 AM

They have the trailer on the DVD.

horrornut
04-11-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm not up on filmmaking and trailers...what's a green band and whats a red band in reference to the trailers?
Green band trailers are for any audience while red band trailers are meant for adult audiences. In the theatre business you still must be careful with green band trailers and kiddy shows. I once spliced a "Silence of the Lambs" trailer on the front of the original "Home Alone". I had several parents come out and complain. I took it off before the next show.

H-Field Hero
04-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Green band trailers are for any audience while red band trailers are meant for adult audiences. In the theatre business you still must be careful with green band trailers and kiddy shows. I once spliced a "Silence of the Lambs" trailer on the front of the original "Home Alone". I had several parents come out and complain. I took it off before the next show.My question to you is do all horror films produce red band trailers? For instance I've only ever seen the H4 green band trailer. It makes no sense to me that when putting out the dvd, AB wouldn't include the red band trailer over the green band. At least Uni had enough sense to put the H2 red band trailer on their release of the Halloween II dvd. Knowing them though it was probably the only version they had readily available so it's appearence on the disc was luck heh.

The Gill-Man
04-11-2007, 11:09 AM
I have to say, the trailer looks good. I'm officially excited!

SicDarko
04-11-2007, 11:14 AM
2Hzj_CWr3n4

HAHA! Man trailers sucked back then. It reminds me of Eli Roth's Trailer for thanksgiving during Grind house. Now I know where the inspiration for it came from. I wish I could find that trailer on you tube to compare.

Ah, found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqNATtXd-bU

mcilroga
04-11-2007, 11:14 AM
2Hzj_CWr3n4

Yet another reason to despise the original Halloween trailer. The film is superb, but the trailer is garbage. I hate it.

Bogatyri
04-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Yea the trailer takes away the shock factor of seeing the killer is a small boy. I mean you can kind of guess that but its not for sure until it pulls back to show who it is.

Man In Black
04-11-2007, 11:33 AM
OqNATtXd-bU

SicDarko
04-11-2007, 11:36 AM
OqNATtXd-bU

Thankyou, wouldn't show up for some reason when I did it, it's freakin hillarious.

MM41
04-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Is it just me or does RZ's trailer remind you of the old one like the way the scenes are..showing little michael, then laurie and everyone..eh kinda..

Todd
04-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Yea the trailer takes away the shock factor of seeing the killer is a small boy. I mean you can kind of guess that but its not for sure until it pulls back to show who it is.
If you had seen the movie in the theater during its initial run, I seriously doubt you would have guessed that the killer was a six year old. As far as it being in the trailer, most people who went to see Halloween back then did so because someone told them it was good, not because they had seen the trailer. Like I said earlier, my father took me to movies almost every weekend, yet I don't recall having seen the trailer for Halloween before seeing the film itself. I clearly remember a strong reaction from the audience when it was revealed that the knife wielding maniac who had just commited murder was actually a child.

Husky Hombre
04-11-2007, 11:48 AM

It's the little things like the Raggedy Ann doll that means so much to all of us die hard Halloween fans...lol at least for me.It shows that Rob really paid attention to detail.Laurie had the doll sitting on her dresser in the original and then another Raggedy Ann doll in H8...although I'm sure it's not the same doll but it's funny that Raggedy Ann made it back for the remake..lol:) I wonder if the teenage Laurie will have the doll sitting on her dresser...I wonder if Michael gave it to her...is it an important prop..hmmm..the possabilities..I'm thinking way too much here...:crazy:

horrornut
04-11-2007, 11:54 AM
My question to you is do all horror films produce red band trailers? For instance I've only ever seen the H4 green band trailer. It makes no sense to me that when putting out the dvd, AB wouldn't include the red band trailer over the green band. At least Uni had enough sense to put the H2 red band trailer on their release of the Halloween II dvd. Knowing them though it was probably the only version they had readily available so it's appearence on the disc was luck heh.

If memory serves me right a RED band trailer is actually showing a red background when the trailer begins. Out of all the trailers I have here at the house I only have a couple of real red band ones. Over all the years I've been around theatres I've seen very few red band trailers. The problem with the red ones is you had to have a "hard" R movie showing to run the trailer. You couldn't put it with a PG, PG13 or G movie. I guess it would only go on a hard R flick. In some of our theatres there would be weeks of NO "R" rated movies playing so Red band trailers didn't do us much good. But to answer your question....no, not all horror movies have a red band trailer.

H-Field Hero
04-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Sweet, thanks for the info. And yes the green or red background at the very beginning of the trailer is what indicates which type it is.

renee30152
04-11-2007, 12:18 PM

Hmm.. I wonder if they will tie that in somewhere. Very intresting. :D

mothman
04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I like the trailer. Its good but not great. Certain things did look great though (atmoshere). Plenty of halloween decorations and dead leaves. Hopefully, this movie captures the spirit of halloween. We shall see.

MMyers89
04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
that Halloween trailer was terrible.

But that Thanksgiving trailer from Grindhouse was hilarious.

The Frightmaster
04-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I was really excited when I saw in the trailer michael with the sheet and glasses on walking up behind I guess Linda. I'm alright with Rob remaking or re-imaging as he likes to call it now. But I'm glad that he decided to keep such a classic scene from the original. I wonder if he strangles her with the phone cord or if Rob re-imaged that part too.

Laow-Z
04-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I was really excited when I saw in the trailer michael with the sheet and glasses on walking up behind I guess Linda. I'm alright with Rob remaking or re-imaging as he likes to call it now. But I'm glad that he decided to keep such a classic scene from the original. I wonder if he strangles her with the phone cord or if Rob re-imaged that part too.

Check The Todd's avatar, someone asked that in the old thread too.

Todd
04-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Yep, my avatar pretty much answers his question.
What I'm wondering is, how tall must Bob be if Linda sees Michael in a sheet and thinks it's her boyfriend?

MM41
04-11-2007, 03:25 PM
What I'm wondering is, how tall must Bob be if Linda sees Michael in a sheet and thinks it's her boyfriend?

Well from the trailer it looks as if he just takes it off without her even knowing because shes not even facing him..so who knows...?

Todd
04-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Well from the trailer it looks as if he just takes it off without her even knowing because shes not even facing him..so who knows...?
If she doesn't see him in the sheet, that would kind of defeat the purpose. She probably sees him, gets pissed when he won't say anything, and turns her back on him, just like Linda did in the original.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Well...Lynda was never the sharpest tool in the shed. :p

Maybe Bob is a basketball player? haha

Todd
04-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Well...Lynda was never the sharpest tool in the shed. :p

Maybe Bob is a basketball player? haha
Well, if Bob is about 6'3 or so and Linda is drunk and still coming down from having just ridden the hobby horse with him, I guess it's not at all implausible that she could get fooled by the four or five inch taller Michael. I'll have to be a real fan boy and check the bio of the actor playing Bob to see if his height is listed.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Well, if Bob is about 6'3 or so and Linda is drunk and still coming down from having just ridden the hobby horse with him, I guess it's not at all implausible that she could get fooled by the four or five inch taller Michael. I'll have to be a real fan boy and check the bio of the actor playing Bob to see if his height is listed.
hahaha

If you manage to track down that info, be sure to keep us updated. :D

Todd
04-11-2007, 04:50 PM
hahaha

If you manage to track down that info, be sure to keep us updated. :D
Who is playing Bob?
I can't even find the guys name.

SicDarko
04-11-2007, 06:45 PM
that Halloween trailer was terrible.

But that Thanksgiving trailer from Grindhouse was hilarious.

The most hilarious thing about it is that it could have actually been an old preview from back then. They all sucked. I agree though it is hilarious.

SicDarko
04-11-2007, 06:47 PM

maybe michael took his boots off when he put the sheet on.....:crazy:

Jackolantern99
04-11-2007, 08:00 PM

Yes, but in the movie trailer...
Lynda (I'm assuming) is shown crawling down a hallway all bloody-looking with a sheet wrapped around her...perhaps she gets away from Michael somehow and is killed in another manner?

Neematoad
04-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Basically what it comes down to is why would she assume it was someone other then bob.

mcilroga
04-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Lynda might not even look at 'Bob' when Myers walks in. She could be too busy with her nails or some shit. Or, she could be using the phone and Michael walks in and pops up behind her. Whoppee.

Bogatyri
04-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Max Van Ville aka PAUL is 6'3 and Tyler Mane is 6'10. IMDB has bios with height
If Lynda is in bed and she might not really notice the difference. Then again like it was said before, Lynda wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

Butterknife
04-11-2007, 09:16 PM
I loved that Thanksgiving trailer xD. I love the Halloween trailer even more though. I thought it was amazing, I loved the movement of Michael in the trailer, some parts just creeped the hell out of me. My favourite is when he's walking down the street at night chasing Laurie, and his head kind of changes positions slowly, as if he's just monitoring her.. It's just scary haha.. Did anyone feel bad for that poor mouse? I'm so happy to see Danielle back too!

Bogatyri
04-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Oh dear lord did I love the Thanksgiving trailer. Although, Don't and Werewolf Women of the SS were pretty good too.
Mice suck, KILL IT!

Butterknife
04-11-2007, 09:30 PM
He's going to slice off it's damned ears. STOP THE SMALL ANIMAL VIOLENCE. Freddy Krueger hammered the shit out of a hamster, and now Michael Myers is slicing off a mouses ears :(. When will they be satisfied..

leechcode5
04-11-2007, 09:35 PM
People seem to forget the three or so dogs Michael killed and/or ate in the original series, as well as the mice he'd left half eaten in Resurrection. Like I've said before, like it or not Michael Myers ain't a member of PETA.

Bogatyri
04-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Neither is Richard Geer... or so they say hahaha.

Man In Black
04-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Max Van Ville aka PAUL is 6'3 and Tyler Mane is 6'10. IMDB has bios with height
If Lynda is in bed and she might not really notice the difference. Then again like it was said before, Lynda wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

But Paul is Annie's boyfriend. From that shaky cam footage:
attP1tnLOGQ
The guy playing Bob is considerably taller than Kristina. Kristina is probably about 5'10" in heels so if that guy playing Bob is 6'5 or so you probably wont gauge the size of someone 6'8 when wearing a sheet.

Butterknife
04-11-2007, 09:45 PM
People seem to forget the three or so dogs Michael killed and/or ate in the original series, as well as the mice he'd left half eaten in Resurrection. Like I've said before, like it or not Michael Myers ain't a member of PETA.

FUR IS MURDER! MURDERER! Someone should dump paint on Michael Myers, and run an ad campaign with pictures of Elton John spanking his bare ass.

Those dogs died for a reason, know your role animals.

Naw, I still feel bad for the poor little animals :(, I'm sure a tear will slide down my cheek once that fucking dog starts barking outside the house Annie is babysitting in..

Bogatyri
04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
The guy playing Bob is considerably taller than Kristina. Kristina is probably about 5'10" in heels so if that guy playing Bob is 6'5 or so you probably wont gauge the size of someone 6'8 when wearing a sheet.

hmmm, not sure who it could be then, cause the only other male cast member they have on the site cast list is Daryl Sabara (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0754512/bio) and his character is not named yet. From that video the guy is MUCH taller then Lynda who (Kristina Kiebe) (http://imdb.com/name/nm1640351/bio) is only 5'8. Daryl Sabara is listed as 5'6... so who is Bob?
I am sorry for my mix up earlier of Paul and Bob. I think its funny we are actually going to meet Paul. I remember sometime back having an entire thread devoted to what Pauls lazy ass was doing when Annie was killed. Funny that now we might actually get to see it.

Butterknife
04-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Paul was a dick.. However, on Halloween night, he was wearing the same costume as Michael Myers.. So if we meet Paul on halloween night, how will that dynamic work into the film? Will we get to see others dressed up like Michael Myers in this film then ( much like halloween 2 )? Not that it will add anything significant to the movie or anything hehe..

Thanks for the camera footage too.. Seeing the height of that guy makes me feel bad for her xD. Michael Myers is going to be one big sumbitch.. He'll lay the hurting on her :(..

leechcode5
04-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Paul was a dick.. However, on Halloween night, he was wearing the same costume as Michael Myers.. So if we meet Paul on halloween night, how will that dynamic work into the film? Will we get to see others dressed up like Michael Myers in this film then ( much like halloween 2 )? Not that it will add anything significant to the movie or anything hehe..

Thanks for the camera footage too.. Seeing the height of that guy makes me feel bad for her xD. Michael Myers is going to be one big sumbitch.. He'll lay the hurting on her :(..

I think you've mixed up Paul with Ben Tramer.

Butterknife
04-11-2007, 10:08 PM
I think you've mixed up Paul with Ben Tramer.

Ohhh, Yeah, I was thinking of the guy that got hit by the car :(. Paul is the guy Annie was talking on the phone with that night.. I guess it would be nice to meet him hehe. I think there's only one reason he wouldn't be with her though. CHEATING. Fucking men.

Scoot
04-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Hey all...I am new around here, but I do have to say I am mighty impressed with the teaser trailer. I wasn't honestly expecting much but WOW..it was intense.

Johnathon
04-11-2007, 10:25 PM
hmmm, not sure who it could be then, cause the only other male cast member they have on the site cast list is Daryl Sabara (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0754512/bio) and his character is not named yet. From that video the guy is MUCH taller then Lynda who (Kristina Kiebe) (http://imdb.com/name/nm1640351/bio) is only 5'8. Daryl Sabara is listed as 5'6... so who is Bob?

And considering the fact that Daryl is 14 or 15 years old so I don't think he'll be playing Bob. I bet he'll play one of the bullies.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-11-2007, 10:45 PM
attP1tnLOGQ
Well, just looking at Bob in that footage, he's obviously a male of the "tall" and "lanky" variety. Judging from the point in the video where he's standing next to the van, he looks as if he tops 6'5". So the difference between his height and Michael's will be pretty much negligible.

Once people reach a certain height, it's pretty difficult to distinguish a matter of inches. It's all simply defined as "fucking tall." If Lynda is expecting it to be Bob under the sheet, given the circumstances, she'd have no real reason to assume otherwise. Besides, Michael was slightly taller than Bob in the original, as well...and none of us have a problem with that.

And I'm glad Zombie cast another tall guy in this film. Not just because it's the only way for the "Ghost" scene to make sense...but also because it illustrates the fact that being tall is not some ridiculously uncommon or freakish condition. I think it helps take the edge off the "Michael's too damn tall" argument. There are tall people in the world...Michael's simply one of them. And by casting other tall actors in the film, Zombie helps to make this more obvious.

Eric616
04-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Yes, but in the movie trailer...
Lynda (I'm assuming) is shown crawling down a hallway all bloody-looking with a sheet wrapped around her...perhaps she gets away from Michael somehow and is killed in another manner?

that's actually Judith

Todd
04-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Why isn't the name of the actor playing Bob listed in the cast summary on HM.COM or any of the other sites I checked out? They have the names of actors playing even bit parts, but not Bob, who be one of Michaels most memorable kills?

MyersHunter20
04-12-2007, 06:41 AM
trailer kicks ass. i just hope the movie lives up too it!!! so far, i have to give RZ the credit he deserves!

Lupinus
04-12-2007, 07:12 AM
Like I've said before, like it or not Michael Myers ain't a member of PETA
Sure he is

PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals

Bogatyri
04-12-2007, 07:24 AM
Sure he is

PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals

haha silly just silliness

Lupinus
04-12-2007, 07:26 AM
well hell rat is popular in many places and I hear dog tastes like pork if you cook it right....then agian I hear human tastes like pork too so go figure.

In any case for the rats and dogs to be popular I am asuming they must be tasty :bastard:

Bogatyri
04-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Well killing a dog in a movie is to get you to be angry. I mean if he kills a dog your reaction is to say how could he. Rat doesnt exactly bring about the same reaction. Most people do not like rats.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-12-2007, 08:36 AM
well hell rat is popular in many places and I hear dog tastes like pork if you cook it right....then agian I hear human tastes like pork too so go figure.

In any case for the rats and dogs to be popular I am asuming they must be tasty :bastard:
I have a friend who ate dog while he was in Korea. He said it was really good. Personally, I have to say that I don't see the big deal in that, either. I mean, I love dogs as much as anyone I've ever known...as pets. But they don't raise them as pets in countries where they're eaten. They raise them the way we raise cows and pigs...as livestock. What's the difference?

If you ordered a hamburger in India, they'd be way more offended, what with cows being considered sacred and all. And yet, that doesn't stop Americans from eating millions of quarter pounders a year. What's the problem with eating a dog? Meat is meat.

Well killing a dog in a movie is to get you to be angry. I mean if he kills a dog your reaction is to say how could he. Rat doesnt exactly bring about the same reaction. Most people do not like rats.
Yeah...after all, rats are only the most intelligent, sociable pets on the entire planet. Certainly much smarter and friendlier than any dog. So what does this prove? Most people are stupid. :D

zombie commando
04-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Pure evil will eat/kill anything. It's a horror flick. There shouldn't be limits as to how evil the characters can be.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Pure evil will eat/kill anything. It's a horror flick. There shouldn't be limits as to how evil the characters can be.
This is true. But some people will still piss and moan when Myers takes out an animal, or ask where it's "immoral" for Jason to kill a pregnant girl...as if killing a girl who isn't pregnant is a right neighborly thing to do.

Bottom line...if you're paying to watch murder on the big screen, you really have no right to get all moralistic about it.

zombie commando
04-12-2007, 08:53 AM
This is true. But some people will still piss and moan when Myers takes out an animal, or ask where it's "immoral" for Jason to kill a pregnant girl...as if killing a girl who isn't pregnant is a right neighborly thing to do.

Bottom line...if you're paying to watch murder on the big screen, you really have no right to get all moralistic about it.

Essentially. Then you have to ask yourself if you're really a horror fan in the first place....maybe you'd be more comfortable with another hobby....like collecting My Little Pony dolls.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Essentially. Then you have to ask yourself if you're really a horror fan in the first place....maybe you'd be more comfortable with another hobby....like collecting My Little Pony dolls.
Yeah...personally, I like it when filmmakers throw in that token verboten kill for no other reason than to illustrate the hypocrisy of audiences who pay for death, then get offended when they disagree with the choice of victim. It's hilarious to me.

MischievousSpirit
04-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Who cares? I just wanna see Myers kill topless Annie!

Bogatyri
04-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Yeah...after all, rats are only the most intelligent, sociable pets on the entire planet. Certainly much smarter and friendlier than any dog. So what does this prove? Most people are stupid. :D

True, but Rats have always brought about bad feelings. Rats carry diseases and have been a cause for the spread of the plague. So to say that Rats should be loved and adored... I just dont think that is going to happend anytime soon.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-12-2007, 09:11 AM
True, but Rats have always brought about bad feelings. Rats carry diseases and have been a cause for the spread of the plague. So to say that Rats should be loved and adored... I just dont think that is going to happend anytime soon.
Because...people are stupid. I think we've established that point.

Wild rats can carry diseases...just as much as wild dogs can. When you're bitten by a strange animal, it doesn't matter if it's a dog or a rat...you still have to get a rabies shot. And domestic rats don't carry diseases.

As for the Black Death, that was only what...650 years ago? You'd think we'd be over it by now. And that was fleas...fleas on rats. The rats were just as much victims as anyone else. It was when the rats died of the plague and their fleas found new hosts that the plague spread to humans in Europe.

In the end, most people just don't like the way rats look. It's the same mentality that makes it okay to eat some animals, and evil to eat others. After all, we shouldn't kill cute animals. Yeah, people are fucked in the head.

Phatty Matty
04-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Who cares? I just wanna see Myers kill topless Annie!

You'd much rather see Myers kill Bob with pants off Joe...

Lupinus
04-12-2007, 09:25 AM
After all, we shouldn't kill cute animals.
Dont tell that to the rabbits I raise lol

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Dont tell that to the rabbits I raise lol
Murderer. You should kill opossums instead...then it would be okay. ;)

Lupinus
04-12-2007, 09:58 AM
rabbits are more tender and juicy

Plus they breed like well....rabbits

WhiteZombie
04-12-2007, 05:59 PM

Exacly. Getting upset about animal killing is stupid. Michael is psychopath, he kills because he enjoys it. He shouldent be limited to humans. As a horror fan, I love to see anything killed on screen. Clean, bloody, anything.

Frazetta
04-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Anyone going to see a horror movie should be going in with the expectation of seeing something horrifying. Complaining, during or after the movie, about what or how something is killed is stupid. Clean the sand out of your snatch, grow a set of balls & enjoy the ride ppl.

Scythe13
04-12-2007, 07:58 PM
There was also a girl dressed-up as Raggedy Ann in the school yard when Tommy was being teased by Lonnie and the gang.

Cool point...never noticed!!!! Interesting!

Bogatyri
04-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Cool point...never noticed!!!! Interesting!

Yea lately, I think this board is starting to see a Raggedy Anne connection to all these movies... Maybe one of Michaels masks in RZ's movie will be a Raggedy Andy type mask.

halo thirty one
04-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Anyone get any reactions to the trailer from non-die hard Halloween fans or friends? The few people who I have talked to about it really liked what they saw and very excited to see the movie.

Franchise
04-13-2007, 07:48 AM
My wife isn't interested.

Frazetta
04-13-2007, 08:47 AM
My wife isn't interested. Because of Zombie? Or the fact that it's a remake?

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Because of Zombie? Or the fact that it's a remake?
Or the fact that the trailer just didn't do much for her?

Really, we have to look at it from outside the box. As fanatics, we're going in with a lot of pent-up excitement when we first see the trailer. That's one of the main reasons that so many people here loved the teaser, I think. It's a fucking Halloween trailer...it shows footage from the new film...of course people here are gonna go nuts.

I'm sure the full trailer(s) will be a lot more substantial, and will help to bring in a wider audience. This teaser, to me, seems to be mainly for the fanboys and fanatics. The kind of people who are chomping at the bit for anything Halloween-related...the kind who have been dying to see some footage from the new production...the people who have been waiting for a new Halloween film for a long time. People like the ones who frequent this nuthouse. :D

Franchise
04-13-2007, 09:16 AM
She didn't like the trailer.

zombie commando
04-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Yeah it really didn't show much, but it was made from the footage of the first two weeks of shooting. Alot could be edited out, changed, etc. by then. It seemed like more of a teaser just to let people know that it is coming...

HannibalBEATNGU
04-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Anyone get any reactions to the trailer from non-die hard Halloween fans or friends? The few people who I have talked to about it really liked what they saw and very excited to see the movie.

When I saw it with a fairly crowded audience at Grindhouse, most people either laughed or sighed.

The trailer makes the movie look alot better than I expected, they look like they made the same mistake as H20 with the mask though, way too much space around the eyes. I prefer it to look like utter darkness under the mask.

zombie commando
04-13-2007, 09:28 AM
The trailer makes the movie look alot better than I expected, they look like they made the same mistake as H20 with the mask though, way too much space around the eyes. I prefer it to look like utter darkness under the mask.

I think they are attempting to make Michael seem more human, more of a pyshcopathic nut job and less of a supernatural slash man. Hence the bigger eye pieces...lets you know this guy has human anatomy......he's not just "the shape" anymore....

samhain51
04-13-2007, 09:34 AM
I think they are attempting to make Michael seem more human, more of a pyshcopathic nut job and less of a supernatural slash man. Hence the bigger eye pieces...lets you know this guy has human anatomy......he's not just "the shape" anymore....

You know I
hink that this is what their main intention was wen Carpenter mede the original . I thuink he was shooting for a human like myers . In stead when he made the sequal Halloween 2 thats when michael became superhuman!!!

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-13-2007, 09:40 AM
When I saw it with a fairly crowded audience at Grindhouse, most people either laughed or sighed.

The eyeholes aren't really too big...it's just the lighting.

Personally, I've long since given up on seeing a Halloween film with fantastic lighting. It hasn't happened since 1978, and I don't think we'll ever see it again. It was so stylized in the original, and it was absolutely perfect.

But this is a difference film, and they seem to be going for more realism...less stylistic. So this lighting seems to work for that. I'll have to see it all in context, though.

Bogatyri
04-13-2007, 09:55 AM
What seems real scares me more then what is fake. I think that was always what drew people into the Michael Myers character. That there was some element of the story that could really happen. Not like Freddy Kruger who comes in your dreams of Hellraiser who comes for a box. This guy was a real person and he could come after anyone. That is what truly made him scary.
Realism is the way to go. I am not saying you need a spot light everywhere he goes, cause for god sakes its fun to see someone lurking in the shadows, but we all know that Michael never has been a subtle creature. I mean he stood on the porch and watched Laurie while she was babysitting.

Monte
04-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Why didn't they put black crap around his eyes to hide them like they did in Resurrection? I mean, it worked so well and all. *snicker*

Todd
04-13-2007, 09:57 AM
When I saw Grindhouse, the audience applauded when the music started playing and they realized it was a Halloween movie. A noticeable number of them did, anyway. If they promote the movie well enough, I think it will bring in more than its share of casual fans.

Bogatyri
04-13-2007, 10:05 AM
I dont care about the black eye crap. It wasnt in the original and I dont really understand why it is a debate now. You just use alot more overhead lighting and you wont see his eyes.

Dark Empire
04-13-2007, 10:12 AM
When I saw Grindhouse, the audience applauded when the music started playing and they realized it was a Halloween movie. A noticeable number of them did, anyway. If they promote the movie well enough, I think it will bring in more than its share of casual fans.

It will bring a lot of people, I am 100% sure of this. These kind of films are "IN" these days .. I just remember the remake of TCM the theater was packed for days! and TCM is not as known as Halloween, at least to the newer generation.

Neematoad
04-13-2007, 10:16 AM
A little random but I found there are certain aspects to this film I'm looking forward to in this film more then others. For one this is one of the only other horror icons to be portrayed by an actual actor, the fiisrt being brad dourif in the child's play films. People may scoff at the idea of chucky but if you've seen any interviews where Brad speaks on the preperation it takes in which to conjure up the rage to be chucky, it's incredible. I'm curious to see what this will register for an essentially non speaking character, given the new character arch.

That and the small act that I can't tell when s the last time Ive seen a film in where young people are needlessley slaughtered. Granted it is cliche by now but there was always something that evoked some kind of feeling in me in knowing that young kids were gonna be getting ripped apart.

zombie commando
04-13-2007, 10:36 AM
It will bring a lot of people, I am 100% sure of this. These kind of films are "IN" these days .. I just remember the remake of TCM the theater was packed for days! and TCM is not as known as Halloween, at least to the newer generation.

If people dig half the shitty remakes out there I'm betting they'll love this flick if it's even half way decent.

The Kilted One
04-13-2007, 10:50 AM
If people dig half the shitty remakes out there I'm betting they'll love this flick if it's even half way decent.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I think you're right. It seems obvious that Zombie has put some heart into this piece and hopefully that will show through in the final product. All I can say, so far, is that I like what I see.

darkphoenix66
04-13-2007, 02:48 PM
I have to admit, that trailer does have me psyched for this film. I was never vehemently against the remake, since it was going to happen either way, whether I bitched or not, but seeing that trailer, does give me some new hope. True, I'm still not on the bandwagon for all of the "new" peripheral characters being thrown in, as I believe Rob should just keep it simple, but the trailer does look sufficiently creepy.

Remakes have started to sputter off as of late, with The Omen the last remake to make a decent profit with $54.6 million. Since then: Pulse reaped only $20.2 million, The Wicker Man made $23.6 million, Black Christmas only $16.2 million, The Hitcher only $16.3 million... And not to mention how poorly some of the sequels to the remakes have been faring at the box office. I guess we'll have to hope that Dimension doesn't fuck up the marketing for this film like they did for Black Christmas. If I discover that most of the scenes from this teaser trailer won't even end up in the finished film and were shot solely for the teaser, I am going to be very angry with Dimension...

Man In Black
04-13-2007, 03:59 PM
http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=7485

Have you seen the HALLOWEEN teaser trailer by chance? Oh crap. You should not have done that. The MPAA - who have taken a noticeable stance recently on horror adverts (see the CAPTIVITY fiasco) - has deemed the teaser all 8 million of you have already seen too violent for your tender sensibilities, and are requiring that all sites hosting the teaser make it available ONLY after 9pm. That’s right. If you’re 40 years old, living in a squalid, roach-infested one bedroom apartment, and your main occupation is looking at explicit, unthinkably degrading pornography all day, you’re still too delicate to handle the teaser for HALLOWEEN in the afternoon/early evening hours.

What exactly is so bad about the trailer? Sure, a little kid touches his sister’s leg, threatens a rat (with a nail file?), batters someone’s brains in with a baseball bat (OFF screen), we get a few glimpses of Laurie Strode running/limping, and some gratuitous shots of Michael Myers breaking through a wall and a window - but is it truly worse than any of the other trailers we see on a weekly basis? How bout when HOSTEL II informs you that torturing an American girl will cost more than lighting a fire under a Russian dude's ass?

Is this a knee-jerk reaction? Or are young children - having watched and been hypnotized by the trailer - wearing silly-yet-off-putting masks and unceremoniously offing their too-hot-for-comfort siblings? If so, I haven’t read that article, please send it to me.

Personally, I think the CAPTIVITY thing raised the hairs on someone's neck, and now we're being subjected to a short period of extra-careful tiptoeing around supposedly harmful movie imagery/advertising. Don't be surprised if flicks such as HOSTEL II have to undergo similarly strict "don't scare us too much!" regulations in the near future...

We’ll all become depraved, mute serial murderers on August 31, when Rob Zombie’s HALLOWEEN is released.

ORRRRR.... you can become that depraved lunatic right now by watching the teaser below! Just cover your eyes during the parts you think the MPAA wouldn't want you to see (like that close-up of Malcolm McDowell's face. *shudders*).

MischievousSpirit
04-13-2007, 04:06 PM
That's the funniest crap of bullshit I ever read on this board! Muahahahaha!

Dark Empire
04-13-2007, 04:23 PM
America the land of the free.. FUCK OFF!

mcilroga
04-13-2007, 04:27 PM
That's hilarious! :roflmao:

Todd
04-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Oh brother.
Is this a pre-emptive strike against the movie itself?
Grindhouse is rated R, no?
Then what is the frigging problem?
Some of the stuff that happens in that movie is much more violent than anything seen in the Halloween trailer.
I hope this isn't a sign that they are going to make RZ edit the spine right out of his movie.

The Frightmaster
04-13-2007, 04:31 PM
At first I was really against the remake then as time went on I got excited but then I heard negetive rumors and hearsays about the remake and then I was against it, but when I saw the trailer I got really excited again because it made me think michael's back and ready to take his place back at the top of the horror movie food chain.

Lupinus
04-13-2007, 04:35 PM
My wife isn't interested.
Story of many a mans life

wyatt s
04-13-2007, 05:51 PM
has anybody seen this, i got it off of te rob zombie halloween info. myspace page. I hadn't heard about it yet and it really pissed me off!!!

Friday, April 13, 2007

MPAA and the Halloween teaser trailer

Funny note from Arrow In The Head about the Halloween teaser causing a headache to the MPAA.

Have you seen the HALLOWEEN teaser trailer by chance? Oh crap. You should not have done that. The MPAA - who have taken a noticeable stance recently on horror adverts (see the CAPTIVITY fiasco) - has deemed the teaser all 8 million of you have already seen too violent for your tender sensibilities, and are requiring that all sites hosting the teaser make it available ONLY after 9pm. That's right. If you're 40 years old, living in a squalid, roach-infested one bedroom apartment, and your main occupation is looking at explicit, unthinkably degrading pornography all day, you're still too delicate to handle the teaser for HALLOWEEN in the afternoon/early evening hours.

What exactly is so bad about the trailer? Sure, a little kid touches his sister's leg, threatens a rat (with a nail file?), batters someone's brains in with a baseball bat (OFF screen), we get a few glimpses of Laurie Strode running/limping, and some gratuitous shots of Michael Myers breaking through a wall and a window - but is it truly worse than any of the other trailers we see on a weekly basis? How bout when HOSTEL II informs you that torturing an American girl will cost more than lighting a fire under a Russian dude's ass?

Is this a knee-jerk reaction? Or are young children - having watched and been hypnotized by the trailer - wearing silly-yet-off-putting masks and unceremoniously offing their too-hot-for-comfort siblings? If so, I haven't read that article, please send it to me.

Personally, I think the CAPTIVITY thing raised the hairs on someone's neck, and now we're being subjected to a short period of extra-careful tiptoeing around supposedly harmful movie imagery/advertising. Don't be surprised if flicks such as HOSTEL II have to undergo similarly strict "don't scare us too much!" regulations in the near future...

We'll all become depraved, mute serial murderers on August 31, when Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN is released.

ORRRRR.... you can become that depraved lunatic right now by watching the teaser below! Just cover your eyes during the parts you think the MPAA wouldn't want you to see (like that close-up of Malcolm McDowell's face. *shudders*).

WhiteZombie
04-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Wow thats compeate shit. I really, REALLY, hope they dont demend edits, and fuck with the release date. I dont think Zombie is one to do somthing like edit out his movie, which is a damn good thing. But it will most likely push the date further.

wyatt s
04-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Wow thats compeate shit. I really, REALLY, hope they dont demend edits, and fuck with the release date. I dont think Zombie is one to do somthing like edit out his movie, which is a damn good thing. But it will most likely push the date further.

this is really the first time a major film studio has released one of his movies so you gotta wonder if he'd have a choice to edit or not. With the mpaa suddenly having to face the backlash of "captivity" I'm sorta afraid of another slew of pg-13 horror due to harsh ratings boards

MischievousSpirit
04-13-2007, 06:16 PM
http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=7485

Have you seen the HALLOWEEN teaser trailer by chance? Oh crap. You should not have done that. The MPAA - who have taken a noticeable stance recently on horror adverts (see the CAPTIVITY fiasco) - has deemed the teaser all 8 million of you have already seen too violent for your tender sensibilities, and are requiring that all sites hosting the teaser make it available ONLY after 9pm. That’s right. If you’re 40 years old, living in a squalid, roach-infested one bedroom apartment, and your main occupation is looking at explicit, unthinkably degrading pornography all day, you’re still too delicate to handle the teaser for HALLOWEEN in the afternoon/early evening hours.

What exactly is so bad about the trailer? Sure, a little kid touches his sister’s leg, threatens a rat (with a nail file?), batters someone’s brains in with a baseball bat (OFF screen), we get a few glimpses of Laurie Strode running/limping, and some gratuitous shots of Michael Myers breaking through a wall and a window - but is it truly worse than any of the other trailers we see on a weekly basis? How bout when HOSTEL II informs you that torturing an American girl will cost more than lighting a fire under a Russian dude's ass?

Is this a knee-jerk reaction? Or are young children - having watched and been hypnotized by the trailer - wearing silly-yet-off-putting masks and unceremoniously offing their too-hot-for-comfort siblings? If so, I haven’t read that article, please send it to me.

We’ll all become depraved, mute serial murderers on August 31, when Rob Zombie’s HALLOWEEN is released.

has anybody seen this, i got it off of te rob zombie halloween info. myspace page. I hadn't heard about it yet and it really pissed me off!!!

Friday, April 13, 2007

MPAA and the Halloween teaser trailer

Funny note from Arrow In The Head about the Halloween teaser causing a headache to the MPAA.

Have you seen the HALLOWEEN teaser trailer by chance? Oh crap. You should not have done that. The MPAA - who have taken a noticeable stance recently on horror adverts (see the CAPTIVITY fiasco) - has deemed the teaser all 8 million of you have already seen too violent for your tender sensibilities, and are requiring that all sites hosting the teaser make it available ONLY after 9pm. That's right. If you're 40 years old, living in a squalid, roach-infested one bedroom apartment, and your main occupation is looking at explicit, unthinkably degrading pornography all day, you're still too delicate to handle the teaser for HALLOWEEN in the afternoon/early evening hours.

What exactly is so bad about the trailer? Sure, a little kid touches his sister's leg, threatens a rat (with a nail file?), batters someone's brains in with a baseball bat (OFF screen), we get a few glimpses of Laurie Strode running/limping, and some gratuitous shots of Michael Myers breaking through a wall and a window - but is it truly worse than any of the other trailers we see on a weekly basis? How bout when HOSTEL II informs you that torturing an American girl will cost more than lighting a fire under a Russian dude's ass?

Is this a knee-jerk reaction? Or are young children - having watched and been hypnotized by the trailer - wearing silly-yet-off-putting masks and unceremoniously offing their too-hot-for-comfort siblings? If so, I haven't read that article, please send it to me.

We'll all become depraved, mute serial murderers on August 31, when Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN is released.

Yup. It was posted a few posts behind yours. ;) I still think it's a total shitload of crap.

Joe Kerr
04-13-2007, 06:33 PM
You know i just realized that this:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/joekerr_02/l_9e49bed7a8ab8e7f7cc2c11c7a53d90b.jpg
is a shot recreation of the beginning of The original Halloween, the part where michael breaks the glass on Marion Chambers' car.

WhiteZombie
04-13-2007, 06:44 PM
this is really the first time a major film studio has released one of his movies so you gotta wonder if he'd have a choice to edit or not. With the mpaa suddenly having to face the backlash of "captivity" I'm sorta afraid of another slew of pg-13 horror due to harsh ratings boards

Hmm. Maybe, but I highly doubt Rob would let them take it and make into a PG-13 movie. Hes trying to make Halloween scary again...not another pre-teen slasher. Wont happen.

shoe1985
04-13-2007, 06:45 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/joekerr_02/l_9e49bed7a8ab8e7f7cc2c11c7a53d90b.jpg
is a shot recreation of the beginning of The original Halloween, the part where michael breaks the glass on Marion Chambers' car.

Maybe, Maybe not. Don't judge so quickly.

If I remember correctly House of 1,000 Corpses was heavily edited because it was going to get an X rating, plus Universal didn't want it because of the violence. I am not 100%, but I don't believe any of the versions out for that movie are the complete movie either. Somebody could do research on that.

So, he does make edits to get the rating.

Worthystevens
04-13-2007, 06:46 PM
One thing about the trailer that's getting me pumped is the acting in it. The performances help make or break a scary film for me. Scout and Danielle look genuinely terrified.

Frazetta
04-13-2007, 06:46 PM

The theatre I was at seemed pretty enthusiastic about the trailer. Espically when the music kicked in & we see the adult Michael with the mask on. I showed the trailer to my Girlfriends mom the otherday & she loved it & she hasn't felt that way since Halloween 2.

Asfor the eyes I felt the sameway at 1st but after watching the trailer it seems to me that Michael's eyes are going to be an important part of the story. And if you look at certain scenes his eyes holes are rather black looking like in EOTL avatar.

Frazetta
04-13-2007, 06:49 PM
is a shot recreation of the beginning of The original Halloween, the part where michael breaks the glass on Marion Chambers' car. I just noticed that she's wearing Loomis' coat. I love that he actually seems to care about Laurie in this movie & hopefully McDowell & Scout have some substantial screentime together.

shoe1985
04-13-2007, 06:50 PM
The theatre I was at seemed pretty enthusiastic about the trailer. Espically when the music kicked in & we see the adult Michael with the mask on. I showed the trailer to my Girlfriends mom the otherday & she loved it & she hasn't felt that way since Halloween 2.

Asfor the eyes I felt the sameway at 1st but after watching the trailer it seems to me that Michael's eyes are going to be an important part of the story. And if you look at certain scenes his eyes holes are rather black looking like in EOTL avatar.

When I saw Grindhouse, people were actually booing the trailer. I didn't think it was terrible, but I was kinda shocked by the response.

Only time will tell the overall response. It was only a trailer.

shoe1985
04-13-2007, 06:51 PM
I just noticed that she's wearing Loomis' coat. I love that he actually seems to care about Laurie in this movie & hopefully McDowell & Scout have some substantial screentime together.

Don't get too excited about the time together, it isn't much more than the first one. It isn't anything massive. Don't over think anything yet.

Frazetta
04-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Don't get too excited about the time together, it isn't much more than the first one. It isn't anything massive. Don't over think anything yet. I'm not but the interaction between Laurie & Loomis seems to be more heartfelt in this movie.

Mechanix1992
04-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I just noticed that she's wearing Loomis' coat. I love that he actually seems to care about Laurie in this movie & hopefully McDowell & Scout have some substantial screentime together.

In the early draft, Loomis finds Michael after being shot a few times/stabbed can't quite remember, but Loomis/Laurie are in the car and Michael pulls Laurie out, that explains why she's wearing Loomis's coat.

shoe1985
04-13-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm not but the interaction between Laurie & Loomis seems to be more heartfelt in this movie.

I see where you are going, but it is similar to the first one, their relationship. It isn't like a lot of time together. Loomis comes does his thing, like the first one, and it is pretty much over.

I am not going to give you too much in details because things are changing still, so I am not sure what has changed.

WhiteZombie
04-13-2007, 06:58 PM
If I remember correctly House of 1,000 Corpses was heavily edited because it was going to get an X rating, plus Universal didn't want it because of the violence. I am not 100%, but I don't believe any of the versions out for that movie are the complete movie either. Somebody could do research on that.

So, he does make edits to get the rating.

It was edited down to an "R" rating from an "NC-17". I mean I had to of been edited somwhat or else it just wouldent be put out. But he dident puss out and make it PG-13 or anything like that.

shoe1985
04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
It was edited down to an "R" rating from an "NC-17". I mean I had to of been edited somwhat or else it just wouldent be put out. But he dident puss out and make it PG-13 or anything like that.

True, but the original would probably get a PG-13 rating if released today. Really, I don't think he will have a problem getting an R. It isn't anywhere near as violent or gory as say Hostel.

Joe Kerr
04-13-2007, 07:03 PM
True, but the original would probably get a PG-13 rating if released today. Really, I don't think he will have a problem getting an R. It isn't anywhere near as violent or gory as say Hostel.

:bastard:

shoe1985
04-13-2007, 07:04 PM

:bastard:

This is from discussions with certain higher ups. It isn't bad, gore wise.

wyatt s
04-13-2007, 07:05 PM

i have to agree. If say they released it as is today it would probably get a pg-13, however Judith would have had to wear a nighty or something. bare breasts still get R ratings pretty much immediately

shoe1985
04-13-2007, 07:06 PM
i have to agree. If say they released it as is today it would probably get a pg-13, however Judith would have had to wear a nighty or something. bare breasts still get R ratings pretty much immediately

It depends on the taste of the scene.

wyatt s
04-13-2007, 07:08 PM

well, that scene could be construde as fairly gratuitis, though i'd disagree

WhiteZombie
04-13-2007, 07:09 PM

Yeah it most likely would. I also agree....I think were pretty much garunteed an R. No, I know we are. Also, maybe not as gory as Hostel....but dont be so quick to say not as violent. Michael is a psychopathic serial killer in this movie, more violent then the shadow lurking Shape.

shoe1985
04-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah it most likely would. I also agree....I think were pretty much garunteed an R. No, I know we are. Also, maybe not as gory as Hostel....but dont be so quick to say not as violent. Michael is a psychopathic serial killer in this movie, more violent then the shadow lurking Shape.

I know he isn't as violent as many think. He is more than say the original, but lets not get crazy here. You may have read the early draft, but changes have occurred. Believe me, none of the higher ups will let things get too crazy, Dimension Films or not.

wyatt s
04-13-2007, 07:12 PM

based on the trailer i'd say, though the violence will be pretty harsh, it may be more implied than in your face. take note we don't see the boyfriend actually getting beaten with the baseball bat

shoe1985
04-13-2007, 07:15 PM
based on the trailer i'd say, though the violence will be pretty harsh, it may be more implied than in your face. take note we don't see the boyfriend actually getting beaten with the baseball bat

Remember, what you see in a trailer, especially a teaser, don't always end up in the final product, or get changed. I don't know how it is being edited, but I do know the violence is going to be similar to H2 and H4 levels. I will be more accurate Stef, rehab54, for those wondering who I am talking about.

wyatt s
04-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Remember, what you see in a trailer, especially a teaser, don't always end up in the final product, or get changed. I don't know how it is being edited, but I do know the violence is going to be similar to H2 and H4 levels. I will be more accurate Stef, rehab54, for those wondering who I am talking about.

well it's true teasers aren't really reliable for judging what the final project will be, but i think it's a fairly good barrometer to figuring out the style, atmosphere of the finished film

Laow-Z
04-13-2007, 07:26 PM

And with that scene it seems little Michael probably killed 2 people before being committed rather than just Judith like in the original....I don't know how I feel about that.

Frazetta
04-13-2007, 07:30 PM
I wonder if Judith's boyfriend will be like TheTodd & once again be a Quick Draw McGraw like he was in the original?

wyatt s
04-13-2007, 07:31 PM
And with that scene it seems little Michael probably killed 2 people before being committed rather than just Judith like in the original....I don't know how I feel about that.

look at it this way, atleast we don't have to except that the sex between judith and her boyfriend, if it is in the movie, only lasts three seconds tops

Frazetta
04-13-2007, 07:44 PM
look at it this way, atleast we don't have to except that the sex between judith and her boyfriend, if it is in the movie, only lasts three seconds tops
Gotta love her boyfriend walking downstairs with a look like John Holmes after giving a career best performance. Michael should have killed Captain Double Pump on principal alone.

HannibalBEATNGU
04-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Did the different mask for each emotion idea end up in the film?

wyatt s
04-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Gotta love her boyfriend walking downstairs with a look like John Holmes after giving a career best performance. Michael should have killed Captain Double Pump on principal alone.

the std's got him first, it's a side plot we didn't get because judith died too.

Frazetta
04-13-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm pretty sure it did. If you look at the scene where young Michael is with the Hamster he's wearing a mask. I hope it did because it's an interesting idea.

Iammrtwisted
04-13-2007, 11:00 PM
My wife isn't interested

Story of many a mans life

Yeah, he didn't finish the sentence...."My wife isn't interested...in me"

Man In Black
04-13-2007, 11:07 PM

Yes, there is a very brief glimpse of the one he escapes in on the Myers house floor in the MTV footage from last month (pic below):
http://robzombieshalloween.net/myspace/mtv/11.jpg

It was a cool shot. If you slow down the trailer frame by frame you can see Michael barging his elbow into the glass. I captured that one though as I thought it like neat with the glass in mid breakage;)

dbzguy
04-14-2007, 02:24 AM
Ok here are some quick thoughts after seeing the trailer:

It did give me goosebumps while watching it but that may be due to my volume being too loud and KA speakers lol.. I will admit that I am disappointed in the eye holes not being darkened although granted in far away shots they appear that way which I think adds 80% to the MM aurora...

I like the fact that Malcolm Mcdowell is playing Dr. Loomis and that they put in the ghost scene from the original... and people are right when they say the scene of Michael walking after Laurie limping down the street is creepy....it is.

Also, so far from what I have watched this movie appears to be hard core and gritty.... like sticking to the point.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-14-2007, 03:26 AM
No...it depends on the mood of the MPAA from one moment to the next. Nothing more, nothing less. Let's not pretend that actual content is still the basis of the ratings system.

shoe1985
04-14-2007, 04:15 AM
No...it depends on the mood of the MPAA from one moment to the next. Nothing more, nothing less. Let's not pretend that actual content is still the basis of the ratings system.

It depends on the people judging the movie, and how tasteful the scene is to them. I hope that makes it easier for everyone. MPAA is a very tricky group.

wendy lea
04-14-2007, 10:42 AM
I just seen the Trailer 2 days ago it look great it was so fast. I think Rob
Z did a great job look very scarey and good so is everybody happy yet?
All I heard the last few weeks is how this movie is going to suck it sounds
bad and all that stuff. I did not care it was ok to me some remakes I did
not care for but this was going to happen. Can not wait for Aug :)

MMyers89
04-14-2007, 11:13 AM
I saw Grindhouse last night, and the Halloween trailer was shown before it. It was great seeing it on the big screen, there were so many little things I hadn't noticed before. Can't wait til August!

Jack O'Lantern
04-14-2007, 02:17 PM
One thing I will say about the trailer is that Tyler Mane seemed really affective as Michael. Especially in the close-ups. The mask seems eerily more life-like in this one for some reason. Like it's more form-fitting and has a somewhat more natural tone. Tyler moves just right and his eyes added a lot to it as well. Infact I think people are right about one thing; his eyes might very well be a big part of the character in this movie.

Bogatyri
04-14-2007, 04:53 PM
I saw Grindhouse last night, and the Halloween trailer was shown before it. It was great seeing it on the big screen, there were so many little things I hadn't noticed before. Can't wait til August!

You should watch the HD trailers and see the difference in it. I did and then made some Animated Gifs from the HD, so great, you can see everything REALLY clear. Even the title looks different.

WhiteZombie
04-14-2007, 07:10 PM

Captin Double Pump. hahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA:roflmao: . Thats good

DonaldPismyHero
04-14-2007, 09:29 PM
You should watch the HD trailers and see the difference in it. I did and then made some Animated Gifs from the HD, so great, you can see everything REALLY clear. Even the title looks different.

Yea, I know a couple guys that made some pretty cool avatars from the trailer on hi def.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-15-2007, 03:08 AM
Even the title looks different.
Yeah...oddly enough, it looks like this:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/jamesoblivion/machete-framegrabs.jpg

renee30152
04-15-2007, 12:24 PM

Good eyes.

Bogatyri
04-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Yea, I know a couple guys that made some pretty cool avatars from the trailer on hi def.

I have tried, just had trouble getting the file size low enough for these boards. But the Gifs are easy and look REALLY cool, like I said, just wish I could get the size low enough without loosing the quality.

samhain51
04-16-2007, 06:59 AM
I still cant even Figure out how to put an avatar under my name !! I wish I wasnt sooo computer Illiterate!!!

JWILL2
04-16-2007, 07:10 AM
I still cant even Figure out how to put an avatar under my name !! I wish I wasnt sooo computer Illiterate!!!

search avatar help...that should help you

Laow-Z
04-16-2007, 07:14 AM

Here..

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=5987&highlight=avatar+help

and the rules..

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=9963&highlight=avatar+help

samhain51
04-16-2007, 07:27 AM
You guys have been helpful I ll try this after I go food shopping talk to ya later!!! Thanks again!!!

zombie commando
04-16-2007, 09:31 AM

Yeah they don't really have any solid ground for rating films or trailers. I can imagine the implied rat dissection and the killing of the sister was enough to get their buttholes twitching in anger.

Bogatyri
04-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Yeah they don't really have any solid ground for rating films or trailers. I can imagine the implied rat dissection and the killing of the sister was enough to get their buttholes twitching in anger.

Well the classic story goes that when Alfred Hitchcock sent Psycho to the film board to be rated they told him that it would never pass because they could see a female breast in the famous shower scene. The film was sent back to him and he was instructed to fix the problem. Due to the nature of the filming of that scene, which if you have ever seen the actual shower you would know how hard it would be to re-shoot, and Hitchcock’s believe that what he put in the can was just fine, he did nothing. He sent the film back to the board and they cleared it.
A lot of the time it is all in how the filmmaker’s relationship with the MPAA board is. Someone like Spielberg most likely has a great relationship, and although he does not often push the limits of what can be show in movies he does get away with his far share.
I think that the MPAA goes WAY to far sometime. The issue with the trailer on Yahoo! is stupid. The problem with all of this is that parents do not watch where their children are going on the internet. It is the same garbage with TV. Television would not be nearly as regulated if parents would pay attention and regulate what their little goobers are watching. But since these parents do not, we have very regulated, censored TV and thus ADULTS cannot enjoy the entertainment that they want. It’s really sad that the federal government has to be the responsible party for children in america.
OK... Off soap box... sorry

zombie commando
04-16-2007, 09:47 AM
The MPAA has always been messed up, mismanaged, and filled with personal agendas. It doesn't matter to me really in this case. I could care less what they want to do to a trailer. It's the film itself that matters.

Bogatyri
04-16-2007, 09:49 AM
The MPAA has always been messed up, mismanaged, and filled with personal agendas. It doesn't matter to me really in this case. I could care less what they want to do to a trailer. It's the film itself that matters.

True, but it always starts somewhere.

Frazetta
04-16-2007, 12:54 PM
The MPAA has always been messed up, mismanaged, and filled with personal agendas. It doesn't matter to me really in this case. I could care less what they want to do to a trailer. It's the film itself that matters. That 1st sentence is basically describing all of Hollywood in a nutshell. The only reason I care about the trailer is because I want this film to be succsessful & giving the general audience the best trailer possible is a great way to get there.

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Well the classic story goes...
It is a good story, but it's actually a myth.

Psycho was never passed by the office of the Production Code. It was released without a certificate.

Slapshot
04-16-2007, 06:38 PM
You know i just realized that this is a shot recreation of the beginning of The original Halloween, the part where michael breaks the glass on Marion Chambers' car.

I wonder if we'll be able to see a wrench this time...:bastard:

Bogatyri
04-16-2007, 06:41 PM
I wonder if we'll be able to see a wrench this time...:bastard:

I almost hope so... that would be a GREAT homage to the film. Have that and that only, cause not everyone will notice it. heh

Also, its almost 12am here in the east and the trailer is still not up on yahoo. So either it is down till a new version comes out or it will not be up till 9pm in the West.

edit:
Never was sure who this was or what part of the film this was apart of but....http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/mttbrkr9/l_e7b035bb56e3f2403f3a50a50e08c5e0.png
clearly it is Judith running from Michael. So its not a wam bam thank you ma'am like it was in the original. This time it looks like Michael gets to run her down.

mmyers666
04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
does anyone know where i can download the preview for this movie to put on mp3 player

SicDarko
04-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Has anyone made Hi-res captures from the trailer? I don't have the capability to do it and have searched everywhere. I could really use some hi res pics.

ZadokRox
04-19-2007, 10:01 AM
I've seen the trailer and I must say that you can tell the production value of this film seems good. You can see a couple of elements from Rob's past movies.

Now let's see if it can get over the remake slump.

horrornut
04-19-2007, 11:30 AM
I've seen the trailer and I must say that you can tell the production value of this film seems good. You can see a couple of elements from Rob's past movies.

Now let's see if it can get over the remake slump.
When you say you've seen the trailer, are you talking about the teaser trailer that was attached to Grindhouse or have you seen a full length tralier at the theatres?

ZadokRox
04-19-2007, 05:23 PM
When you say you've seen the trailer, are you talking about the teaser trailer that was attached to Grindhouse or have you seen a full length tralier at the theatres?

I saw the trailer on the www.HalloweenMovies.com site.

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 05:26 PM
I saw the trailer on the www.HalloweenMovies.com site.

that'd be the teaser

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 03:17 AM

There's only one trailer out there.

Phatty Matty
04-20-2007, 03:30 AM
I can see why people would be confused though... on HM.com it does state that it's the theatrical trailer. Even though it's just the teaser.

samhain51
04-20-2007, 07:03 AM
I can see why people would be confused though... on HM.com it does state that it's the theatrical trailer. Even though it's just the teaser.

When do you think we will see a full lenghth trailer webhead???

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 07:12 AM
When do you think we will see a full lenghth trailer webhead???

Next month.

Frazetta
04-20-2007, 07:56 AM
When do you think we will see a full lenghth trailer webhead??? I'm guessing there might be one with Hostel 2 in June.

horrornut
04-20-2007, 01:30 PM
There is a full length trailer available. It hasn't been sent to theatres yet.

Phatty Matty
04-20-2007, 08:18 PM
There is a full length trailer available. It hasn't been sent to theatres yet.

Ummm... no?

InTheDeep2007
04-22-2007, 04:46 AM
I haven't heard anything yet about the full-length trailer, but I can't wait to see it

MichaelFan_2k4
04-22-2007, 05:58 AM
I haven't heard anything yet about the full-length trailer, but I can't wait to see it

Neither can I. Let the anticipation begin ;) lol

samhain51
04-22-2007, 09:15 AM
I just want More and More Halloween I just cant get enough!!!!!!!

EvilOnTwoLegs
04-22-2007, 10:19 AM
I just want More and More Halloween I just cant get enough!!!!!!!
***cue Depeche Mode***

Franchise
04-22-2007, 10:20 AM
I remember this one time I was listening to Depeche Mode and realized that I totally didn't like it.

boogeyman87
04-22-2007, 10:26 AM
I remember this one time I was listening to Depeche Mode and realized that I totally didn't like it.

Then you woke up and realized it was all a dream...right?

Franchise
04-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Nope. I still can't stand Depeche Mode. Now, give me some other music to destroy.

Chuck D
04-22-2007, 10:30 AM

I guess you were listening to them during or after their Songs of Faith and Devotion era.

horrornut
04-23-2007, 12:36 PM
I must post a correction to my previous post.
A few days ago I indicated that there was a full length trailer available but not sent to theatres yet.
A new trailer did arrive here in Atlanta and it was described to me as a full-length version. After a phone call this morning I discovered that the running time on the film is only a minute and a half, NOT the full length version that was described to me several days ago. This teaser trailer was in 2:35:1 format.
Sorry for misleading everyone. We know there will be full length versions but it might be a few more weeks.
I stand corrected.

MacG
04-23-2007, 07:21 PM
so the minute and a half trailer is only a teaser? wow, it revealed a lot for being a teaser trailer. i can't wait to see what the theatrical trailer shows.

Frazetta
04-23-2007, 08:00 PM
so the minute and a half trailer is only a teaser? wow, it revealed a lot for being a teaser trailer. i can't wait to see what the theatrical trailer shows.
Everything you see in the teaser is from the 1st two weeks of filming. Rob said lastweek that the teaser hasn't even scratched the surface of the movie, yet.

o.n.i.x
04-23-2007, 08:26 PM
i can't wait to see what the theatrical trailer shows.
Me too. So much so I was thinking about it yesterday.

Rob said lastweek that the teaser hasn't even scratched the surface of the movie, yet.
And that doesn't help calm me down.:jump:

Neematoad
04-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Everything you see in the teaser is from the 1st two weeks of filming. Rob said lastweek that the teaser hasn't even scratched the surface of the movie, yet.

Yeah but that two weeks of filming must have covered a lot becuase we were given glimpses into michaels childhood to his finding the mask to his stalking laurie and her friends. Thats a lot of the story in my eyes.

Franchise
04-28-2007, 06:16 PM
You'd be wrong then considering Rob has said that the emphasis of the movie would be on the relationship between Michael and Loomis.

Neematoad
04-28-2007, 07:46 PM
You'd be wrong then considering Rob has said that the emphasis of the movie would be on the relationship between Michael and Loomis.

I don't believe i'm wrong because from what Ive read on rob Zombies halloween his plan has been from the begining to flesh out Myers character. This has been established before general production even began. I've heard nothing on emphasis between loomis and michael being the main vocal point.

brandon13
04-28-2007, 08:07 PM
In The Trailer, When Michael Swings The Knife In Some Guys Face, Who Is That?

scoob
04-28-2007, 08:26 PM
In The Trailer, When Michael Swings The Knife In Some Guys Face, Who Is That?

Laurie's dad

o.n.i.x
05-01-2007, 02:49 AM
I just re-watched this and now I want the movie!

This is a teaser, right? Meaning there'll be trailer(s) nearer the release date? I hope so, I'd kill to see more footage from this film.

Man In Black
05-01-2007, 02:52 AM
I've no doubt we'll see another trailer in the next two months.

samhain51
05-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Guys before you know it August will be here and we will have seen the movie already ! I know my anticipation Is at its peak right now also!!!

o.n.i.x
05-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Guh. I hope so.

I can't wait to see Mr. Myers back on the big screen again.

Myers Insurance
05-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Maybe there'll be a full length trailer attached to something like Hostel 2? Just a guess.

Probably not unless Hostel 2 is suddenly being distributed by Dimension/MGM, or Halloween is being distributed by Lionsgate. 99% of the time, the trailers attached to movies are for the companies producing the flick.

horrornut
05-01-2007, 10:04 AM
The trailer has "Weinstein" on the band. First time I've seen that.

Phatboy41
05-16-2007, 05:17 AM
I can't wait to see this movie... though I'm a bit nervous on the part of making Michael seem more human. I think that if it's done right, it will be superb, but would be very hard to make it work. One of the things I loved of Michael Myers character was that he was blank and emotionless... I think that made him terrifying, he showed no care, he was there to kill you and hunt you down, never running away and no matter what you did, you always knew he'd be coming after you. If Michael seems too human, or too emotional, he may seem weak... any thoughts?

samhain51
05-16-2007, 07:07 AM
I think its going to be great to see how Michael escapes from the asylum

Khan
05-16-2007, 07:21 AM
I think its going to be great to see how Michael escapes from the asylum

That scene is very disgusting because

a mentally challenged girl is graphically raped by two orderlies.

samhain51
05-16-2007, 07:26 AM
How do you hear all this stuff about the movie part of me wants to know and part of me dosen't!

Khan
05-16-2007, 08:36 AM
I read the script, as early as it may be.

Let's hope that they cut the scene down somewhat.

JKwinter
05-16-2007, 09:31 AM
I purposely didn't read the script. As it stands, I learn too much about the film just reading here - but I CAN'T RESIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zombie commando
05-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I purposely didn't read the script. As it stands, I learn too much about the film just reading here - but I CAN'T RESIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm thinking about reading it. I don't think I can resist. Not after all these rampant, weird ass rumors.

Gerry f'n D
05-16-2007, 09:52 AM

The Rag Doll also shows up in Halloween II.During Laurie's flashback/dream when she sees a young Michael Myers sitting on a chair.

cheers

zombie commando
05-16-2007, 10:05 AM
There's also one in H8....but let's not talk about that one....

samhain51
05-16-2007, 10:23 AM
I dont know how to get thwe script and dont want to ruin the suprise !

Khan
05-16-2007, 10:24 AM

I am what is called a spoiler junkie.

I like to know about things before I see them.

samhain51
05-16-2007, 10:31 AM
I am what is called a spoiler junkie.

I like to know about things before I see them.

Trust me if there was one movie I would want to know about before seeing it !It would be this one ! For some reason Im just trying to hold back!

zombie commando
05-16-2007, 10:51 AM
I quickly scanned the net and couldn't find one. They must of had them all pulled down. I've heard bad things about it though.

benluvin
05-16-2007, 11:10 AM
I never really noticed a raggedy ann doll in any of the movies. But then again I never really looked either.

devils-eyes
05-16-2007, 12:04 PM
I quickly scanned the net and couldn't find one. They must of had them all pulled down. I've heard bad things about it though.

I have it!!! PM me. sorry if this is breaking the rules

WhiteZombie
05-16-2007, 06:53 PM

Same with me. I refuse to read any scrpit or spoilers. But pictures are ok with me. Im hoping to shit some idiot doesent post a big spoiler and forget to tab it, because I cant stay out of these threads.

Laow-Z
05-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Im hoping to shit

Eat some fiber:laugh:

EvilOnTwoLegs
05-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Eat some fiber:laugh:
Or do what I do. Just put your Shit Mask on. Always gets me in the right mood. :D

Phatboy41
05-16-2007, 07:47 PM
What do you all think the new poster for the movie will look like? Just wondering... the old posters are pretty cool with Mike and his knife.

Man In Black
05-16-2007, 10:08 PM
As long as the "floating heads" from H20 and Resurrection aren't involved I'd say I'm open to whatever they design guys can come up with.

EvilOnTwoLegs
05-16-2007, 10:37 PM
As long as the "floating heads" from H20 and Resurrection aren't involved I'd say I'm open to whatever they design guys can come up with.
I'm with ya there, man. Honestly, I'm pretty fucking sick of the "cast line-up" posters. Dimension has been really big on those ever since Scream. But really, it's about the most unimaginative thing you can do with a poster. Hopefully, they'll try something different this time around.

zombie commando
05-17-2007, 03:40 AM
Whatever the poster is I'm hoping it's painted. I love those old school painted horror posters. They were much better than the photoshoped crap we get now that pass off as posters for flicks.

I also got around to reading the leaked script, and I hope to the Invisible Flying Spaghetti Monster in the sky that it's a total fake.

Asprin
06-04-2007, 05:18 PM
My take on the teaser:

It was exciting to see a new Halloween PERIOD. The teaser made me believe "Oh wow, it's not too bad" then comes the scene where loomis is talking about the "Eyes of a psychopath" then POW! Door breaks open and walks in the boogeyman. For the first 20 or so viewings the feeling was that this movie felt real. It felt like, even for a few seconds that "So this is what it would be like if this were real events"

Maybe the lighting? my crap sound system? who knows, but just for that first few scenes after the door explodes open and mike walks in the movie felt really geniune to me.

Way to go rob.

RevengeOfLaurie
06-15-2007, 08:11 PM

Good eye! I really couldn't catch that since the trailer is pretty fast, well IMO. I didn't notice that at all but yeah, that looks pretty much like a crib and the same doll!
Ugh, I just don't like how in this movie, he's going to be torturing animals. *cries* I'm not keen on that. And yes I know the animals aren't really being hurt and it's just a movie, it's the thought that bothers me.

chopman
06-17-2007, 06:54 PM
AICN has a review of the script if you want to get a feel for it without having a lot spoiled for you.

MichaelMyers04
06-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Is this the same review that was up there in Jan of this year? Or is there a newer one? If its the a newer one, then can you post the link?

horrorfreak123
06-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I love it when they they throw in twist like that, awesome that you noticed man!

chopman
06-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Is this the same review that was up there in Jan of this year? Or is there a newer one? If its the a newer one, then can you post the link?

No sorry, it's the January one.

darkphoenix66
06-24-2007, 11:26 AM
I heard rumors on the net that Dimension would be attaching the full-length trailer to 1408, but alas, it was only the teaser trailer. Which was actually cool too see since I hadn't seen it attached to any films yet, and have only seen it on the net, and on the Hannibal Rising DVD. But I'm actually itching to see a full-length trailer, and was really hoping to see it attached to either Hostel: Part II or 1408.

samhain51
06-25-2007, 09:47 AM
I think this will be the only trailer we see but they are going to change it up a bit!

horrornut
06-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I have very reliable information this afternoon that a new full length trailer is STILL in the works. It's just not ready yet.

MischievousSpirit
06-25-2007, 12:40 PM
I have very reliable information this afternoon that a new full length trailer is STILL in the works. It's just not ready yet.

What the fuck is taking so long?! I wanna see it NOW!!!!!! :bastard: