PDA

View Full Version : Your Halloween Remake Cast Choices

moviestud87
03-22-2007, 09:11 PM
I hope no one has did this one yet but I wanted other peoples opinions on whom they wanted cast... for me personally Loomis could of been Anthony Hopkins or even Morgan Freeman.... what's your choice? who would of you picked if you were the director?

preichert
03-22-2007, 10:14 PM
I agree,Anthony Hopkins would of made a great Dr. Loomis,considering they both have (had) accents.
I would of liked to see a part for Jamie Lee Curtis,PJ Soles,Nancy Loomis,and Charles Cypers.

I don't understand though,when I look at the character names from H1,Michael Myers parents had different first names than what Zombie is giving them.

nwiser
03-23-2007, 03:14 AM
I'm just wondering what the deal is with Zombie casting so many people with Norwegan names. I half expected Michael to be played by the Swedish Chef and when Micheal takes his mask off he says "Bork Bork Bork"

chrisstilwell
03-23-2007, 04:18 AM
I think William Shatner could've been a great, but much older, Sheriff Brackett
The bald principal from Back to the Future could've been Loomis (sans accent)

punkrocklove
03-23-2007, 04:36 AM
I, of course, would have made the best Annie.

myersfan1348
03-23-2007, 05:17 AM
I, of course, would have made the best Annie.

Yes you sure would!!!!

Ide like to see Kane Hodder in it somewhere, maybe ryan Philipe or Freddy Prince Jr..... Then of course maybe Sarah Michelle Gellar lol.

renee30152
03-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Sarah could have been Judith. She is a bit older but she still looks quite young. Maybe Freddy as her boyfriend.
They cast the perfect Annie though Danielle could have played an awesome Laurie.
Michelle Trechtburg maybe for Annie. :D

samhain51
03-23-2007, 06:52 AM
I think Ben Kingsley would make the best loomis and Jennifer Love Hewitt would make the best Laurie Strode!!!

renee30152
03-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Oh I LOVE Jennifer Love Hewitt. Her show The Ghost Whisperer is so good.
Who is that other guy? What show/movies has he been in?

samhain51
03-23-2007, 07:04 AM
He played Ghandi you Halloween vixen Its soo cool to see fans of Halloween that are .women.

renee30152
03-23-2007, 07:10 AM
Awww thanks. Quite a few of my mates that are gals are major horror fans espically Halloween. :D

punkrocklove
03-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Michelle Trechtburg maybe for Annie. :D
No! Please! Don't even suggest that lol.

I hate that girl with a passion. Her huge mouth is such a turn off...

Anyway

Johnny Depp woulda made a sexy bob.

Khan
03-23-2007, 07:40 AM
I would have cast more unknowns and less people in pointless cameo roles.

renee30152
03-23-2007, 07:47 AM
What's wrong with Michelle? I admit at first I thought she was annoying in Buffy but I have grown to like her as an actress. :D

Roswell
03-23-2007, 08:35 AM
The only casting I've thought of was Gary Oldman as Loomis.

InTheDeep2007
03-23-2007, 11:42 AM
I might have cast Vin Diesel as Mikey only because of his *BIG* muscles and stuff. Maybe Danielle Panabaker as Laurie and I'd keep the other Danielle as Annie

renee30152
03-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Who is Danielle Panabaker?

Shamrock-Robot
03-23-2007, 01:49 PM
I really would have liked to have seen Bruce Campbell as Sheriff Brackett, But I think the choice of Brad Douriff is just as good so im happy, This cast is so perfect so I cant say who I would have chose.

renee30152
03-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Bruce Campbell is an excellent choice. I LOVED him in Xena and The Evil Dead.

chrisstilwell
03-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Danielle Panabaker would've made a great Laurie. I never actually thought about her before...

renee30152
03-23-2007, 04:48 PM
What movies/ shows has this Danielle been in?

Shamrock-Robot
03-23-2007, 06:24 PM
I havent heard of her either.

samhain51
03-24-2007, 05:30 AM
Well maybe if Vin diesel was Michael Myers we would see him in a role where he cant talk and it would be a blessing in disguise to not hear his faggy speach impetiment voice . Vin DIesel is a Queer!

InTheDeep2007
03-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Danielle Panabaker has been in kid stuff like Sky High and Yours, Mine and Ours..She will soon be in the new drama with Haley Joel Osment and Ryan Merriman called Home Of The Giants

moviestud87
03-24-2007, 10:32 AM
lol, could anyone see christopher lloyd as dr loomis or see michael j fox as sheriff bracket lmao that would be great!!!! hahaha sorry im a bit upsessed with bttf lol

ILoveHalloween3
03-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I don't any of us can really comment on cast choices 'til AFTER we view this film.

Personally I think Malcolm McDowell was a brilliant choice for Loomis, as was Brad Dourif for Sheriff Brackett & Danielle Harris for Annie.

Lupinus
03-27-2007, 11:09 AM
You know as I watched rome just the way he acted, the facial expressions, little things I noticed.

I think Ciarán Hinds would have made an excelent Loomis. Maybe not look wise but like I said, the little things. I think he would have done a great Loomis.

hemmy
03-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Yes you sure would!!!!

Ide like to see Kane Hodder in it somewhere, maybe ryan Philipe or Freddy Prince Jr..... Then of course maybe Sarah Michelle Gellar lol.

and scooby? :crazy:

theoutfieldguy
03-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Charles Cyphers for Loomis
John C. McGinley for Sheriff Brackett
Brad Loree for Michael
Alyson Hannigan for Laurie
Laura Prepon for Lynda
Amanda Bynes for Annie
R.Lee Ermey for Gravekeeper-he'd be perfect in the "Goddamn kids!" deliverance
Marla Sokoloff as Judith
DJ Qualls as Judiths Boyfriend

MyersFan75
03-27-2007, 12:59 PM
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0167260/Ss/0167260/lotr3_3AP_96392.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Hill,%20Bernard

Bernard Hill as Loomis.

Hilary Swank as Laurie.

Chris Durand as Michael.

MyersFan75
03-27-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't understand though,when I look at the character names from H1,Michael Myers parents had different first names than what Zombie is giving them.

Egh. Well, it's a minor detail.

Besides that, I believe in novels/comics this has been done too. Not an important detail, and understandably overlooked.

Shamrock-Robot
03-27-2007, 02:35 PM
The changing of the parents names is no big deal at all, Just look at how many names he did keep from the original.

nckidd15
03-27-2007, 09:28 PM
jeff bridges as sheriff bracket
Zooey Deschanel - laurie

JJ07
03-28-2007, 07:26 AM
original characters all the way

PanterA Forever
03-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Gary Oldman as Loomis

Roswell
03-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Gary Oldman as Loomis

:horns:

Johnathon
03-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Well after finding out the cast of the film, I think that this is one of the best casts of any horror movie ever... ever. Though, I think that Brad Loree should have come back as Michael Myers. And I think Brad Dourif is a terrific choice for Brackett, but I've always pictured Bill Paxton in that role. The role just fits him. He looks a lot like Charles Cyphers.

ILoveHalloween3
03-29-2007, 10:24 PM
Bill Paxton could've took it too. It isn't like he's up to anything these days.

renee30152
04-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Danielle Panabaker has been in kid stuff like Sky High and Yours, Mine and Ours..She will soon be in the new drama with Haley Joel Osment and Ryan Merriman called Home Of The Giants

I remember her now. :D

coryorton
04-02-2007, 02:56 AM
Malcolm McDowell was actually a big choice for me to replace Loomis...so i'm happy about that.

And besides that the casting for the movie thus far as a whole is absolutely all-star and amazing....

Bogatyri
04-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I am not a person who is really wild over the entire Zombie treatment to Halloween, but I must say, that this is one of the best casts for a Halloween flick in a long time. Good job bringing Danielle Harris back into the Halloween world, even if she is not playing her original role.

InTheDeep2007
04-02-2007, 03:47 PM
I remember her now.

Ohhh good!I was also thinking of Michael Clarke Duncan as Michael only because of how built he is.

Michael-Myers
04-10-2007, 02:12 PM
I would have cast Brad Loree back as Michael Myers. I thought he and Jamie Lee Curtis were the best thing in Resurrection.

This is my first post btw! Hello everyone and Happy Halloween!

wyatt s
04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
personally i really love the cast as it is, but the only thing i may have done differently if it was up to me, Kurt Russell as Bracket. Not that dourif isn't a brilliant choice

Bogatyri
04-10-2007, 09:14 PM
jeff bridges as sheriff bracket
Zooey Deschanel - laurie

Not to bring up old post here, but she SOOOO would be better as annie bracket. Most of here movies she has such a dry whit that I think she would Ace the role of Annie. Ok back to whatever else we were all talking about.

wyatt s
04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Not to bring up old post here, but she SOOOO would be better as annie bracket. Most of here movies she has such a dry whit that I think she would Ace the role of Annie. Ok back to whatever else we were all talking about.

i personally think zombie did right by not casting well known names for the girls. that way we have no preconcived notions of who they are.

Bogatyri
04-10-2007, 09:22 PM
i personally think zombie did right by not casting well known names for the girls. that way we have no preconcived notions of who they are.

Just like the original. AGREED!
I think that horror movies in general should only have one, maybe two well know faces. That doesnt mean go get some crappy run of the mill actors, I dont want another Rapper filled, 7th Heaven/WB, American Pie cameo fest. You need a respected actor (Pleasance) to ground the project and bring it clout.

wyatt s
04-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Just like the original. AGREED!
I think that horror movies in general should only have one, maybe two well know faces. That doesnt mean go get some crappy run of the mill actors, I dont want another Rapper filled, 7th Heaven/WB, American Pie cameo fest. You need a respected actor (Pleasance) to ground the project and bring it clout.

agreed. i think you just need that one or two guys that are really well know to fill out and really bring credibillity to a film.

Scythe13
04-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Casting Malcolm McDowell was probably the best choice in my opinion...Casting Danielle Harris with a new role was pretty cool too!

wyatt s
04-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Casting Malcolm McDowell was probably the best choice in my opinion...Casting Danielle Harris with a new role was pretty cool too!

while i adore harris, the more i think about it the more gimmicky it's beginning to feel. but i withhold judgment

Bogatyri
04-12-2007, 07:54 PM

Well Zooey is not that well known, but she would not have fit the role of Laurie. She would have been much better as Annie. That is if Annie is still the wisecracking smartass she was in H1.

Husky Hombre
04-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Rachel McAdams(she was the lead in RED EYE) as Laurie
Fairuza Balk = Annie
Jessica Simpson=Lynda

renee30152
04-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Jessica Simpson as Annie? She looks too old IMHO to play a teenage girl.

Worthystevens
04-14-2007, 11:04 AM
I might get flack for this (because of the Fog remake debacle), but I think Maggie Grace could make for a decent Lynda.

theshapecool
04-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Ok guys, My Dream cast would be:

Monica Keena as Laurie Strode
Fulvio Cecere as Sam Loomis
Kim Director as Annie Brackett
Shannon Elizebeth as Lynda Van Der Klok
Vincent D'Onofrio as Sheriff Leigh Brackett
Julianne Moore as Marion Chambers
Sam Elliott as the Gravekeeper
Mike Patton as Bob
David Dorfman as Young Michael
Xander Berkely as Michael's Father
Bianca Kajlich as Judith Myers
Peter Greene as Dr Wynn

and of course....myself as Myers.

How could I miss that???

Russ

Khan
04-16-2007, 03:03 PM
I would have cast more unknowns and less people in pointless cameo roles.

I wanted to quote myself on this.

Rob has a bunch of genre actors in distracting cameo roles, such as Ken Foree, Udo Kier, which may distract fans from the story.

It will be like a guided tour, with people saying "Ooh! there's Ken Foree. Look at that! It's Danny Trejo!"

Yes, they are good actors, but star power is not what this movie needs.

HaLLoWeeNiGhT
04-16-2007, 03:26 PM
They should have got Conor Oberst to play young Michael. He can pass for 10.

Bogatyri
04-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Rachel McAdams(she was the lead in RED EYE) as Laurie
Fairuza Balk = Annie
Jessica Simpson=Lynda

I have to say that once again Rachel McAdams would have been GREAT as annie. Look at her work in Mean Girls or The Family Stone. Played a total bitch REALLY well, and lets face it, Annie was really bitchy. GOD I LOVED HER! woot! best damn character in the series.:nodsmile: :nodsmile: :nodsmile: :roflmao:

Laurie_Strode05
04-19-2007, 04:14 AM
To be totally honest, famous people dont make horror movies...that "I Know What You Did Last Summer" was horrible! When you don't know the cast by name and when they aren't known, it gives movies a whole other appeal and appearance..but when your so used to sarah michelle gellar bein funny and not scary it doesnt get you in the mood of horror {opinion} Thanx

davebutcher
04-19-2007, 08:24 AM
I honestly love McDowell as Loomis. Great choice. I wasn't very excited when i first heard about this project. But after seeing the trailer and cast...I must admit that I am pumped up. The look of Micheal in this one is very good. Movies 4-6 changed his look every time and it was very cheesy in my opinion. I'm counting the days.

as far as others. Even though he might be a bit young, I would love Kurt Russell as Loomis. I really don't want to see a Pyscho type remake where it is exactly a copy of the original, so Russell could have been a nice change of character. Bruce Cambell as Brackett would have been great as well.

davebutcher
04-19-2007, 08:25 AM
I almost forgot..Angus Scrimm as the gravedigger

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 07:11 AM
This movie needs a midget more than anything.

clownMichael
04-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Christopher Lee as Dr. Loomis (this was JC's original choice for the original Halloween. Since then, Mr. Lee has stated that he regrets not taking that role) that chick Hayden from "Heroes" to play Lynda, I like Danielle Harris as Annie, Charles Cyphers should've had a role, as well as Nancy Kyles (original Annie) as a cameo as Mrs. Wallace.

darkphoenix66
05-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I'd just like to point out that Laurie Strode is 17 years old in Halloween...so why is everyone suggesting actresses well into their 30s to play her? Zooey Deschanel is a great actress, but to play a teen? I think that's stretching it a bit. And I agree about all of the genre actors, I feel it's very distracting to see actors from every major horror franchise in the past 20 years popping up in cameo roles.

I myself would have liked to have seen either Ellen Page (Hard Candy, X-Men: The Last Stand), Kristen Stewart (The Messengers, In the Land of Women) or Hayden Panettiere (TV's Heroes) as Laurie. All are well-known but none are household names; if anything, their faces are very familiar (well, maybe not Page's yet). Panettiere also would've made a credible Lynda. I also like the suggestion of Danielle Panabaker as Laurie; she portrays a very real sense of vulnerability and responsibility in Shark that would've fit Laurie to a T.

I really liked the suggestions of Bill Paxton or Bruce Campbell as Sheriff Brackett. I've been a fan of Paxton's since True Lies and Apollo 13, and it's been so long since we've seen him do anything substantial. And Campbell just rocks! Gary Oldman would've been a fantastic choice as Dr. Loomis, but I'm still happy with Malcolm McDowell. Danielle Harris was also a perfect choice for Annie, so I'm happy in that respect.

I still think Zombie was wrong to include all of these peripheral secondary characters. Carpenter's original story was so lean and compact, that by adding all of these secondary characters is once again distracting. It's almost as if he wanted to include as many of his favourite genre veterans in the film as possible, hence the inclusion of people we have no clue about. I think he went the wrong way in overcrowding the original story.

BrianG
05-07-2007, 06:21 PM
What's wrong with Michelle? I admit at first I thought she was annoying in Buffy but I have grown to like her as an actress. :D

I loved her in Black Christmas!

boogeyman87
05-07-2007, 10:09 PM
My fantasy remake cast would have had Nora Zehetner as Annie and Evan Rachel Wood as Laurie. The rest of the roles I'm totally unsure about.

sahin
05-23-2007, 08:27 AM
my casting list would be like this:

dr. loomis - malcom mcdowell, bruce willis or ben kingsley

laurie strode - amber tamblyn

adult michael - tyler mane

young michael - sameus davey fitzpatrick

...i don't care about the rest!

GHOSTFACE
06-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Michael Caine or Anthony Hopkins as Loomis and i would of gave Kane Hodder the part of michael myers i mean at first I thought he's too big but then zombie went and got lurch to play myers so i would of def gave him the job.

Roswell
06-28-2007, 10:30 AM
I had this idea last night, but what about Robert Englund to play Dr. Loomis? I saw a picture of him from this movie called Behind The Mask, and he had an outfit on that looked just like Dr. Loomis'. He looked really cool that way.

I know everyone thinks of him as Freddy, but he's done good work outside of the NOES franchise, and I think he could have pulled off the role really well.

TommyDoyle2
06-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Dr Loomis: Christopher Walken

Laurie : Rachel Miner

Annie : Anna Paquin

Lynda : Bijou Philips

Brackett : Dennis Hopper

Dr Wynn : Gary Oldman

Bob : Leo Fitzpatrick

(I know some of the ages are off, but it could work. And yes, in MY fantasy version, Loomis is not an Englishman...but it's WALKEN! WALKEN!"

FooFighters
08-31-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't care but anybody besides the girl who played Laurie. She was so damn annoying!!!

PG Soul
09-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Gary Oldman as Sam Loomis

Will Patton as Leigh Brackett

Jena Malone as Laurie Strode

Andy Serkis as Michael Myers

James Cromwell as Morgan Walker

Audioslave
09-01-2007, 06:30 AM
Paul Giamatti should have been Loomis. That alone would have made him more human than McDowell was in this film. Although, the characters were so poorly written it may not have made a difference.