PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead on TV

Roswell
10-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Is anyone watching Sci-Fi. If not, then turn on your TV and catch Day of The Dead.

atomic dog
10-07-2004, 03:54 PM
when is it on? i don't see it listed.

Roswell
10-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Right now, and supposedly it will be on again before Halloween.

atomic dog
10-07-2004, 03:58 PM
ok the listings for my area are messed up. thanks for the update.

Soulless
10-07-2004, 04:53 PM
I don't need to catch it on television because I own it. Did they chop it up much?

atomic dog
10-07-2004, 05:36 PM
actually yes they did cut it alot.

Chomp_on_this
10-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by atomic dog
actually yes they did cut it alot.

LoL, you bet they do!

The original (I think) NOTLD is also set to be on SciFi around Halloween time.

Soulless
10-07-2004, 05:42 PM
actually yes they did cut it alot. Ah, the beauty of televised horror films. They're never shown the way they're suppose to be.

atomic dog
10-07-2004, 05:43 PM
they cut all the bites. you see the zombie go to bite an arm and then they cut away to the zombie getting shot.

Soulless
10-07-2004, 05:45 PM
That sucks. I bet that looks really stupid.

atomic dog
10-07-2004, 05:46 PM
yeah . i was like oh cool a biting action. then bamn. i yelled at the tv saying damn they cut out the best part.

Roswell
10-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Also, they edited the language pretty bad, except the scene in the helicopter where Miguel yells at Sarah, I thought it was handled better there then in the theatrical version.

Kara Strode
10-07-2004, 06:10 PM
I *always* notice this movie is on...at the end...and when I check to see if it's going to be on again, it's not (at least for awhile)

Guess I should have just bought it

Donnie Darko
10-07-2004, 07:53 PM
you must buy, its one of the best movies ever, if you ask me :D

Kara Strode
10-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by project2501
you must buy, its one of the best movies ever, if you ask me :D

I will eventually

great song in signature :)

Donnie Darko
10-07-2004, 08:06 PM
i dont wanna spend your money or anything, but you do gotta get it. i bought it before id ever seen it, i learned it was Romero and went straight and got it.

thanks, i almost forgot that was there, i love that frickin song!!!
time to listen to it, now ya mention it and theres nothing playing.

Kara Strode
10-07-2004, 08:07 PM
do you have the mp3? if so, will you go to www.yousendit.com and email it to me (angel.without.wings@gmail.com)

Donnie Darko
10-07-2004, 08:11 PM
totally!

its uploading right now.

Kara Strode
10-07-2004, 08:13 PM
thanks hun :)

HuskerTornado
10-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Day of the Dead is such a weak sequel, it's disturbing. The character's were poorly written (shame on Romero) so that you don't care if they all die, in fact you root for the zombies in this one. Bub is the only positive in this film. But not worth more than $10 at your local store.

Maxvayne
10-08-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by HuskerTornado
Day of the Dead is such a weak sequel, it's disturbing. The character's were poorly written (shame on Romero) so that you don't care if they all die, in fact you root for the zombies in this one. Bub is the only positive in this film. But not worth more than $10 at your local store.

The movie is great. And I'm debating in my head whether its better then Dawn or not. Day has those types of characters because it's the breakdown of the nuclear family. I'm a gorehound also. I love this movie.

Roswell
10-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by HuskerTornado

Sorry dude, but I did care about Sarah, Bill, and John in Day of The Dead, and IMO, those were the characters you were supposed to care about. The military guys were not supposed to be cared about and they were written to be jackasses, so that's how I thought of them.

HuskerTornado
10-08-2004, 03:43 PM
The movie is great. And I'm debating in my head whether its better then Dawn or not. Day has those types of characters because it's the breakdown of the nuclear family. I'm a gorehound also. I love this movie.

So when the nuclear family breaks down, then everyone turns into bad actors in bad roles?

Sorry dude, but I did care about Sarah, Bill, and John in Day of The Dead, and IMO, those were the characters you were supposed to care about. The military guys were not supposed to be cared about and they were written to be jackasses, so that's how I thought of them.

I'm not anti Romero, I love Night and Dawn, but Day is just a headache of a picture. I've seen incredible amounts of horror films, this isn't a top tier film by any stretch of the imagination.

Chomp_on_this
10-08-2004, 03:49 PM
I really hope your not blaming Romero for the problems you see with Day of the Dead. Please blame the production companies that couldn't come up with the funds to produce what could have been the best Romero film ever. His original script totally blew away Dawn and Night combined.

Even though Day is the weakest in the trilogy, I don't find it as much of a dred as you do. As far as special effect-wise, the film is top notch. Day may not be top tier, but its a hell of a ways from bottom tier by all means.

zombie commando
10-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Day is the best of the three. Those characters were supposed to be assholes, they were supposed to act stupid and be like children. That was a part of the point that Romero was trying to make. I believe that the commentary found in Day is just as pertinent to the Dawn social commentary.

Add the fact that this flick has the best gore, the most interesting characters, and BUB; I would have to say that it stands above the other Living Dead flicks.

atomic dog
10-08-2004, 04:09 PM
anyone read of have the original script?

zombie commando
10-08-2004, 04:12 PM

Yup. It's great........it involves zombie armies under the control of humans duking it out.

boogeyman87
10-08-2004, 04:28 PM
I wish i coulda caught it. I've never seen it before and i'm looking to see it .

HuskerTornado
10-08-2004, 04:31 PM
I really hope your not blaming Romero for the problems you see with Day of the Dead. Please blame the production companies that couldn't come up with the funds to produce what could have been the best Romero film ever. His original script totally blew away Dawn and Night combined.

A script and finished product are two different animals. I know it was underfunded, but so are many other films. If you were satisfied by this, fine, but I was not.

Those characters were supposed to be assholes, they were supposed to act stupid and be like children.

I didn't say that I don't like asshole characters. These actors did a poor job with poorly written, weak characters. A step down from the well rounded characters from Dawn.

atomic dog
10-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Yup. It's great........it involves zombie armies under the control of humans duking it out.
do you have it?

zombie commando
10-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Just type Day of the Dead script into google and I am sure it will show up.

I don't see any difference in the acting in Day than I do the other Living Dead flicks. I thought they did a pretty good job.

atomic dog
10-08-2004, 06:18 PM
i found it. thanks.

Roswell
10-09-2004, 07:49 AM

Yep, got it off the Day DVD.

atomic dog
10-10-2004, 06:17 AM
damn i sould have thought of that too. i own that dvd.

Silverpsycho
10-10-2004, 12:44 PM
OMG the 2-disc dvd set of Day is awesome! Forget the new single disc that came out.

My friend was watching Sci-Fi when it was on and I told him he shouldn't have because it would be way watered down, plus he didn't even catch it in the beginning...he just caught the last 8 min. so he prob ruined it for himself. Right now he refuses to get into the whole Living Dead thing with me because he doesn't care for zombies...arrrrg!

Overall this movie kicks ass & I love Bub! I wonder if he ever got a hold of his Aunt Alicia? :D

Chomp_on_this
10-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Silverpsycho
OMG the 2-disc dvd set of Day is awesome! Forget the new single disc that came out.

Don't forget it altogether! It does have the corrected original audio added to some scenes where the 2-Disc version uses audio from the TV version. Right here are the particular scenes with the altered audio:

0:09:15 - "It's crazy" provided by a different voice
0:09:35 - "Shit" to "Right"
0:58:48 - Gunshot is partially missing
1:01:33 - "It's the Spic" provided by a different voice
1:11:20 - "Oh, Jesus" to "I can't look"
1:20:30 - "Jesus" to "Stuck"

I haven't bought the single disc yet, but it's on my list.

Other than that little, undetectible flaw...yea, the 2 Disc Day of the Dead DVD owns all. Its probably my most watched DVD that I own.

Roswell
10-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Yeah, those sound changes didn't really bother me. There are still some Day 2 Disc Sets out there at stores, but they are being bought off so it's either now or never

Chomp_on_this
10-13-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Mark Warner
Yeah, those sound changes didn't really bother me. There are still some Day 2 Disc Sets out there at stores, but they are being bought off so it's either now or never

I don't think the 2 Disc is OOP already, is it?

atomic dog
10-13-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
I don't think the 2 Disc is OOP already, is it?
yeah i don't think it is either.

NeewollaH
10-13-2004, 06:01 PM
No, it's not, as far as my knowledge goes...

I knew someone would make a thread on this when I was watching it way back a few days ago...I just thought of my fellow OHMB zombie lovers and smiled.

Roswell
10-13-2004, 06:14 PM
yeah i don't think it is either.

Oh, hell no, it's not out of print. But I'm saying it very well could be sometime in the future, so your best bet is to get it now and not regret buying it when your on eBay buying it for $200

Chomp_on_this
10-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Oh, hell no, it's not out of print. But I'm saying it very well could be sometime in the future, so your best bet is to get it now and not regret buying it when your on eBay buying it for $200

I highly doubt you will see it OOP anytime soon. Again, the single disc was only released because of the corrected audio, and not to replace the 2 disc. You only see the single disc more often than the 2 disc because it is a newer release.

Silverpsycho
10-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
Don't forget it altogether! It does have the corrected original audio added to some scenes where the 2-Disc version uses audio from the TV version. Right here are the particular scenes with the altered audio:

0:09:15 - "It's crazy" provided by a different voice
0:09:35 - "Shit" to "Right"
0:58:48 - Gunshot is partially missing
1:01:33 - "It's the Spic" provided by a different voice
1:11:20 - "Oh, Jesus" to "I can't look"
1:20:30 - "Jesus" to "Stuck"

I haven't bought the single disc yet, but it's on my list.

Other than that little, undetectible flaw...yea, the 2 Disc Day of the Dead DVD owns all. Its probably my most watched DVD that I own.

Oh yeah, I heard about that, but I had no idea that the new disc has the real deal...DAMN!!!

Thanks for the heads up though...now I may end up buying it later on if it becomes real cheap at Best Buy

Loomis 91
02-19-2005, 02:39 PM
I didn't catch the whole film. This is the only film in the Dead Trilogy that I have not seen. Is it worth a buy or rental?

Loomis 91
02-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Btw, I've heard mixed reviews about this film. That's why I ask if it's worth a buy or "rental".

Donnie Darko
02-19-2005, 02:44 PM
its arguably my favorite of the series, but im undecided overall. theyre all so much different than the next.

rent it, if you like it then youll eventually buy it. :)

boogeyman87
02-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Its definantly a must buy. Its my favorite in the GAR trilogy.(another thing in common Dave. ;)) I'd say rent it first becuase its not for everybody, but buy it if you like social comentaries and zombies....and George Romero.

Roswell
03-13-2005, 06:52 AM
I'd have to say it's the best of the series. I love Dawn as well as Night, but I love Day the most.

zombie commando
04-14-2005, 06:51 AM
I'd have to say it's the best of the series. I love Dawn as well as Night, but I love Day the most. A man with great tastes. Your my new buddy because all my imaginary friends pissed me off and I ended up killing them.