PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie's Halloween: Discussion III

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Thurisaz
03-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Continued from http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=10644

Here's the discussion thread.

The last few threads in the old setup were turning into jumbled messes. So we had to do something about it.

The thread is for any discussion of news, rumors, or whatever else you can come up with regarding Rob Zombie's Halloween.

Spoilers are allowed, but specific plot points must be posted with spoiler tags. When you go to the reply screen, click on the red S icon and that will provide you with spoiler tags.

Here's an example of what should be tagged and what should not be:

__________________________________________________ __________

The following statements would not be spoilers:
Malcolm McDowell is going to play Loomis!

I hear the mask is gonna look the same as the original in this movie!

I'm not happy with direction this movie is going, it sounds too gory and Michael is completely humanized in this film!

The following statements would be spoiler:
Michael slices Judith up with a chainsaw in this movie!

The script says Loomis runs over Michael 12 times in a Hummer!

I really don't like the Rob Zombie cameo scene where he stabs John Carpenter and dances on his dead body :(

Of course those are all fake, but you get the picture.

So again, have fun and play nice :)

Ana-Matronic
03-07-2007, 04:56 PM
As I was saying with the Resurrection thing, I think if it followed the story left there, it would have sunk very low. I think this project is at least trying to revamp something that lost alot of dignity the last go around. The last film kind of made me lose my interest in the future of the series. I think this is a good thing, although I am slightly in a state of indifference how it turns out, I just feel it will be better than things that could have happened.

jason_fan
03-07-2007, 05:03 PM
The thing is that this film isn't trying to give the series a fresh start. It's completely destroying everything that we knew from the original and the sequels. A Michael that isn't pure evil that kills because of a white trash upbringing, beats off to dead animals, pees on victims, has a taking a shit mask, and a total lack of theme make this a horror movie that a guy dressed as Michael Myers wandered on the set of.

Please use spoiler tags in the future.

-OHMB Staff

Ana-Matronic
03-07-2007, 05:07 PM
It's completely destroying everything that we knew from the original and the sequels.
Resurrection wasn't helping with that. Plus, comments like that are really out of bounds since there is nothing but an old script, a few pictures and a video of the set? Isn't it a little presumptuous to think such a thing? But I guess it is like trying to make the blind see, some people just will hate this film, just for the fact it tried to revitalize a dying series.

Grindcore
03-07-2007, 05:09 PM
It makes more sense than someone being "pure evil" (even though I liked that) or a curse of Thorn (which I didn't mind either). This is just another story and explanation for Michael Myers motives.

Thurisaz
03-07-2007, 05:10 PM
The thing is that this film isn't trying to give the series a fresh start. It's completely destroying everything that we knew from the original and the sequels. A Michael that isn't pure evil that kills because of a white trash upbringing, beats off to dead animals, pees on victims, has a taking a shit mask, and a total lack of theme make this a horror movie that a guy dressed as Michael Myers wandered on the set of.

Please use spoiler tags in the future.

-OHMB Staff

I guess someone hasn't been reading the rumors thread.

boogeyman87
03-07-2007, 05:10 PM
No classic Carpenter theme? Fine by me. Like some have said it worked well for the original but this isn't the original. The footage looks awesome by the way.

beats off to dead animals, pees on victims, has a taking a shit mask

Not in the updated script.

jason_fan
03-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Resurrection wasn't helping with that.

Ressurection wasn't a good film per se, but at least it stuck with the mythos. Like Jason X, it isn't a good film, but its better than Jason goes to Hell because it doesn't ruin the backstory by adding a stupid story to it.

EDIT: I'm very happy to see that some of the garbage in the original script has been removed.

Is the "Boo" scene still in it? Or is he trying to kill Laurie again?

Ana-Matronic
03-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Ressurection wasn't a good film per se, but at least it stuck with the mythos. Like Jason X, it isn't a good film, but its better than Jason goes to Hell because it doesn't ruin the backstory by adding a stupid story to it.

I will try to get Rob to apologize to you personally for ruining a film series for you by general news and rumors.

Thurisaz
03-07-2007, 05:14 PM

Saying Jason X is better than anything is just wrong. Just plain wrong.

jason_fan
03-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't see why everyone hates Jason X. It has good kills, an interesting(albeit a bit outlandish) plot, and a good Jason design. It doesn't really have good acting, but if you can tell me any Friday after part 2 that does I'd be much obliged.

Chuck D
03-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Jason X is better than Eegah.

Thurisaz
03-07-2007, 05:18 PM
I don't see why everyone hates Jason X. It has good kills, an interesting(albeit a bit outlandish) plot, and a good Jason design. It doesn't really have good acting, but if you can tell me any Friday after part 2 that does I'd be much obliged.

I don't think any of them had good acting, 1 and 2 included. That was kind of a signature of the series if you ask me.

Jason X is better than Eegah.

Hell no.

MyersFan927
03-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Unfortunately, it gets worse than Jason X.

Chuck D
03-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Hell no.

I take it back...I hate both.

jason_fan
03-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Fair enough, but I still don't see why you hate Jason X. At least it's director and writer didn't try to be overly different and in the process make a terrible film with no redeeming quality other than a good looking Jason, a la JGTH.

Jackolantern99
03-07-2007, 05:36 PM
At least it's director and writer didn't try to be overly different and in the process make a terrible film with no redeeming quality other than a good looking Jason, a la JGTH.

No, they just cryogenically froze Jason, blew up Earth, sent Jason off into space, then thawed him, had him kill members of a high school class on a big floating schoolbus, and then gave hime a complete makeover complete with chrome body armor and mask, then gave us the same open-ended conclusion that every other damn movie in the Friday series gave us.

Sounds quite "overly different" and of little redeeming quality to me.

So basically a majority of people are at least somewhat positive about RZ's Halloween, then Rob announces that the original theme isn't going to be in it and suddenly the movie is a shit-bomb? Have they suddenly mass-produced "Jump to Conclusions" mats?

Yes, the theme is classic. Yes, the original wouldn't be the same without it. And yes, it's almost as iconic in the original as the mask. But flash forward almost 30 years later, and I think we're in need of something fresh. As someone stated before, this is a very different movie with different pacing and MUCH different editing. The old them probably wouldn't hold up as well, and inserting it just to please fans will be about as effective as using Scream bits in H20 was.

Honestly, who hasn't heard that damn music in the last 30 years? Honestly I don't think it holds up as "scary" anymore, and its only purpose if it WERE used in this movie would be to give longtime fans something to smile about.

If it's not going to be in the movie, it's not going to be in the movie. Saying "It's ruined for me!" or "I'm not seeing it!" will get nothing accomplished, aside from looking like a whiny ass.

I'd honestly embrace this movie and look forward to it then be stuck with another half-assed sequel to follow Resurrection...Or even worse, be stuck with nothing and be forced to debate on how Michael learned to drive while in the hospital for years to come.

jason_fan
03-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Like I said, some elements in the story are different in JX, but we still have Jason Voorhees, angered by his mother's death, wearing his trademark mas stalking and killing teens. JX didn't change the backstory around like JGTH and RZ's Halloween.

Jackolantern99
03-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Like I said, some elements in the story are different in JX, but we still have Jason Voorhees, angered by his mother's death, wearing his trademark mas stalking and killing teens. JX didn't change the backstory around like JGTH and RZ's Halloween.

The difference here is that Jason X is a SEQUEL and Rob's film is a REMAKE (or Reimaging, whatever). A sequel typically follows at least some of the rules laid out by the first film. In a remake, all bets are off and another film maker is given their window to give their take on a story. By expecting the samn movie, theme, mask, and cast, you're taking away the filmmaker's creative ability and just telling them to re-shoot an old movie. And is that what we want? Weren't we annoyed enough with the Psycho remake?

jason_fan
03-07-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm not against remakes, I just think that if you want to be as radically different as Zombie is being you should make an original film with all new characters. I mean, whats the point of doing a remake if you want to be radically different?

The Texas Chainsaw remake for example, it had some things different but the basics, a crazy backwoods family, one of whom wears faces and wields a chainsaw, terrorize, kill and eat motorists passing through so they can eat, and in the process learn to love killing. It has some things different, like family members, but the general concept is the same, it isn't radically different.

The only thing RZ's Halloween has in common with the original is names and the mask, I think RZ should make his own film if he wants to be so different.

Roswell
03-07-2007, 06:16 PM
It's completely destroying everything that we knew from the original and the sequels.

See, I still don't get this mentality. When I think of a film being "destroyed", I think of someone colorizing an old black and white film or someone going back and adding/taking out pointless things to films (I think we all know who I'm talking about). I don't see someone remaking a film and creating their own backstory for a film that's seperate from a previous series as "destroying" anything.

It would be different if Carpenter said "Hey, I was dissatisfied with how Halloween turned out. Let's go back and add things in and take things out and mess with the film." That to me would be destroying the original (unless of course the additions/subtractions were good, which they're not most of the time).

And Zombie's film still runs along the same lines as the original. The basic story is still the same. But Zombie is making this story his own. It's not John Carpenter's story. That story was already told. This is Rob Zombie's take on the story, and if he wants to change things around, he can, because it's his take on it.

Todd 78
03-07-2007, 06:16 PM

Jasox was awful by Friday the 13 standards, nearly as bad as Resurrection.

The new Halloween is better than them by default. I personally think the film is looking good , there is obviously a few concerns I have, but overall it looks good. I just think Zombie is making a tremendous mistake with the score. Still there is absolutely no doubt in my mind this will be better than the last few installments of the franchise. So I am grateful to Zombie for that.

shoe1985
03-07-2007, 06:34 PM
The theme should stay in the movie. This is something that when you hear it you think Halloween. This was being hush hush from many people behind the scenes, but Rob is the type of guy who likes to let people know what is going on.

This is his movie, not ours, and it sucks, but we must live with it. He knew there would be backlash, but that is life. Can't please everyone.

Superman
03-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Colorizing a film and/or adding or deleting something does not make a film horrible. Taking out a key piece be it music, an icon or something everyone finds familiar about a movie is making it horrible.

Roswell
03-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Colorizing a film and/or adding or deleting something does not make a film horrible.

It most certainly can make a movie horrible. When they did colorizing to Night of The Living Dead, it made the film lose what creepiness it had to begin with.

shoe1985
03-07-2007, 06:46 PM
It most certainly can make a movie horrible.

I have to go with Superman on this one. It could make a movie better. We find certain elements to be huge, but what if they were to take out the escape of Michael from Smith's Grove in the original? I find it to be a great scene, but is it really that important?

Sometimes removing a subplot can improve a movie by a lot. Like in H20, getting rid of John's friends would be fine by me, but the movie would be even shorter. Not big scenes, but sometimes they add something to the movie.

jason_fan
03-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Well by the logic of a lot of remake fans colorizing can't ruin a film. If you don't like the color version you can just watch the original VHS or DVD. So if you think colorization can ruin a film, it is logical to think a bad remake can ruin it as well.

Roswell
03-07-2007, 07:06 PM
So if you think colorization can ruin a film, it is logical to think a bad remake can ruin it as well.

Not exactly, since the original film isn't being messed with.

Superman
03-07-2007, 07:07 PM
A remake does not always make the original worse either. I like some of the more recent remakes better then the originals.

jason_fan
03-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Not exactly, since the original film isn't being messed with.

And since there are still B&W copies of the original after colorization, colorizing doesn't mess with the original either.

Roswell
03-07-2007, 07:26 PM
And since there are still B&W copies of the original after colorization, colorizing doesn't mess with the original either.

And since there are still copies of the original film left, a remake doesn't mess with it either.

Grindcore
03-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Remakes do not destroy the original film or it's ideas. You just get a fresh take on an old idea.

However with somthing like the Texas Chainsaw remake, it's almost exactly like the original. I enjoyed the remake but I thought it was trying to stick to the original a little too much which took away from it's vibe. There is no way you can recreate the original Chainsaw Massacre, and they proved that, lol. (still an entertaining flick though)

So with Robs Halloween, he knows he won't be able to recreate the classic Halloween. So he wants to do somthing different. He wants to focus on Michael as the main character. I think thats great, maybe it will clear up some of the unknown aspects of his character in a believable way. It'll just be like the division between Thorn fanatics and H20 defenders, but instead we'll have Robs idea of Michael in there too. Who knows maybe it will make more sense than any previous attempt at explaining the Shape. Only time will tell.

p.s. Jason X was horrible, I can't even call that a Friday movie, it's like a bad sci-fi t.v. show that happens to have a stupid shiny Jason Voorhees. The Fridays started to go downhill at around Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason doesn't not belong in New York or SPACE!!!!

MM41
03-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Alright lets get back to RZ's Halloween. The footage was pretty good, everything is looking good. I am kinda bummed that the music is scrapped, and that his jumpsuit is greenish, well the jumpsuit not that much because it really doesnt matter, but the music is so classic. Well we'll see what RZ works up Who can guess when we might get our first trailer? My guess is maybe at the end of this month when The hills have eyes 2 comes out? I would hope so, that would be great.

Roswell
03-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Who can guess when we might get our first trailer? My guess is maybe at the end of this month when The hills have eyes 2 comes out? I would hope so, that would be great.

Eh, I'm thinking a bit later than that. Most likely we'll see a teaser trailer by May/June.

jason_fan
03-07-2007, 07:34 PM
And since there are still copies of the original film left, a remake doesn't mess with it either.

I was using that logic of most remake fans to say that if you think colorizing ruins or doesn't ruin a film, you should say the same about remakes.

Superman
03-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Jason X is as much as a Friday the 13th movie as the first one. Some may be better then others, but they are still a part of the series. The same can be said about the Halloween movies. Some don't like H:R, but it's still a part of the series as much as H3 is.

leechcode5
03-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Man, this is what I get for not getting online until late today, isn't it?

I was using that logic of most remake fans to say that if you think colorizing ruins or doesn't ruin a film, you should say the same about remakes.

I think the original idea that was being proposed is that a remake is a seperate film and is thus not damaging the original, while colorization/Lucas-style re-editing actually is altering the original film. In the case of the Star Wars special editions, for a while there it didn't look like Lucas would release the original cuts again at all, and that was dissapointing because it meant the only version readily available in high quality release was the new versions. And that's where the two situations differ. In the case of the new Halloween, the original version is still widely available and will continue to be after the new one is out.

Roswell
03-07-2007, 07:40 PM
I think the original idea that was being proposed is that a remake is a seperate film and is thus not damaging the original, while colorization/Lucas-style re-editing actually is altering the original film. In the case of the Star Wars special editions, for a while there it didn't look like Lucas would release the original cuts again at all, and that was dissapointing because it meant the only version readily available in high quality release was the new versions. In the case of the new Halloween, the original version is still widely available and will continue to be after the new one is out.

Exactly.

Superman
03-07-2007, 07:42 PM
The original versions of Star Wars have always been avaliable. I've had mine for years and could watch them whenever I wanted to. Adding things to them did not ruin the original.

Grindcore
03-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Jason X is as much as a Friday the 13th movie as the first one. Some may be better then others, but they are still a part of the series. The same can be said about the Halloween movies. Some don't like H:R, but it's still a part of the series as much as H3 is.

But seriously man Jason X is so bad, cyborg Jason...... I like to ignore that movies existence. I recieved it as a gift and almost considered selling or destroying the copy. I would rather watch Halloween: Resurrection and that sucked badly, but at least it took place in the Myers house and not in space!! The last good interpretation of Jason since the 80's has to be Freddy vs. Jason.

WhiteZombie
03-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Looks like Tyler has 'the walk', so thats good. And I'm really loving the mask. And Zombie said the original theme isint in the movie because it doesent fit, would you seriously rather it just be stuck in there to say its there and please us? I wouldent, It works AMAZINGLY in the original, but if it doesent work it here, it doesent. Footage looked good too me.

And the remake talk.... I have never, NEVER, understood how people belive they can "ruin" the originals. I mean, If anything it gives it a bigger fanbase. Surly many Zombie fans who hadint seen the original have now. Not to mention LOTS of people that will see this movie, find out there was an original, and go see it. It in no way harms the original. Different movies.

Superman
03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
It's like having the Superman movies without the trademark theme song. It was very cool that they used the original theme in Superman Returns. It made it seem like you were back in the day watching a Reeve film again. It made the movie all that much better. The Halloween theme says Halloween like nothing else can.

Grindcore
03-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Looks like Tyler has 'the walk', so thats good. And I'm really loving the mask. And Zombie said the original theme isint in the movie because it doesent fit, would you seriously rather it just be stuck in there to say its there and please us? I wouldent, It works AMAZINGLY in the original, but if it doesent work it here, it doesent. Footage looked good too me.

And the remake talk.... I have never, NEVER, understood how people belive they can "ruin" the originals. I mean, If anything it gives it a bigger fanbase. Surly many Zombie fans who hadint seen the original have now. Not to mention LOTS of people that will see this movie, find out there was an original, and go see it. It in no way harms the original. Different movies.

Exactly!

And I agree Tyler definetly has the walk down. The footage of him in the bushes staring at his victims(I'm assuming) looked like classic Michael stalking behvaior. That video made me all the more stoked for this movie!

chrisstilwell
03-07-2007, 08:20 PM
yeah, that video clip from MTV made me even more excited for this film. I am a bit bummed with the JC Theme being taken out, but I'm still going to be there opening day.

phildaddy
03-07-2007, 08:28 PM
What was the reason for the JC theme not being in the movie?

Joe Kerr
03-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Exactly!

And I agree Tyler definetly has the walk down. The footage of him in the bushes staring at his victims(I'm assuming) looked like classic Michael stalking behvaior. That video made me all the more stoked for this movie!

i'm pretty sure he's watching laurie and her mom put up decorations at their house... :yeah:

read it somewhere at MTV.com

moviestud87
03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
im sure rob would be pissed if some one re made one of his movies and changed alot of stuff around... but yet again jc said he didnt care what happend so i guess it really is no big deal... but i think it is..

Axle
03-07-2007, 08:54 PM
my take on it.... im very excited about the new movie... the mask and the house seem very spooky, even if theyre not exactly the same... but this is a remake...

if u are unhappy wif how its turning out YOU DONT HAVE TO WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE , noone is forcing you to watch it so shut up! YOU cant change how its gonna happen, SO WHY BOTHER WHINGING?

its a remake... a reimagining... itd be boring watching an exact copy of the first.... it is NOT damaging the movie... you will always have the original (the best) on dvd in many releases!!!

i think rob has gone the best route for this movie, and i wouldnt have it any other way!

sorry bout the language... but there's enough stuff to worry about in real life so why get ur knickers in a knot over something u cant change, and honestly dont know the whole story about!?

WhiteZombie
03-07-2007, 08:56 PM
im sure rob would be pissed if some one re made one of his movies and changed alot of stuff around... but yet again jc said he didnt care what happend so i guess it really is no big deal... but i think it is..

I'm sure he wouldent if it became an infamous classic. It builds a bigger fanbase is what it does.

Thurisaz
03-07-2007, 09:05 PM
It's like having the Superman movies without the trademark theme song. It was very cool that they used the original theme in Superman Returns. It made it seem like you were back in the day watching a Reeve film again. It made the movie all that much better. The Halloween theme says Halloween like nothing else can.

I actually think that trying to be so much like the older movies is what really hurt Superman Returns. It never had a chance to stand on it's own.

The difference though is that was part of the Superman film series, however loose the connection. People have to get it through their heads that this movie is NOT part of the Halloween series as we knew it. I still can't fathom that some people just don't get that.

moviestud87
03-07-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm sure he wouldent if it became an infamous classic. It builds a bigger fanbase is what it does.

dude, did you forget halloween got famous from that? :)

Phatty Matty
03-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I think they should just throw the Spidey theme in this shit and then it would end this discussion. Anything is better when Spider-Man is involved!

Haha... I'm such a tool.

moviestud87
03-07-2007, 09:13 PM
I think they should just throw the Spidey theme in this shit and then it would end this discussion. Anything is better when Spider-Man is involved!

Haha... I'm such a tool.

lol, i love you matt... but not in a brokeback mountian way :bastard: :roflmao:

Ana-Matronic
03-07-2007, 09:42 PM
I still can't fathom that some people just don't get that.

I can't either. Some Halloween fans are just PISSING me off!

Frazetta
03-07-2007, 09:50 PM
I actually think that trying to be so much like the older movies is what really hurt Superman Returns. It never had a chance to stand on it's own.

The difference though is that was part of the Superman film series, however loose the connection. People have to get it through their heads that this movie is NOT part of the Halloween series as we knew it. I still can't fathom that some people just don't get that. There were countless things that hurt Superman Returns & not having a chance to stand on it's own was a big problem. Zombie has stated that he wants fans to be able to watch this movie on it's own without having to shoulder the weight of Carpenter's movie. Ppl need to deal with change & atleast give it a chance before calling Zombie the horror version of Hitler & saying Carpenter's Halloween is Poland. He's not trying to exterminate Michael Myers but the exact opposite & bring him back to life. Shouldn't that be something that every Halloween fan apperciates????

Johnathon
03-07-2007, 09:58 PM
What was the reason for the JC theme not being in the movie?

Rob says the theme doesn't really work with the type of film he is making. I do not see why it wouldn't though? It's a Halloween film. It's a Michael Myers film. I don't see why he at least just doesn't put the theme in the main title credits and end title credits. He can add a backstory, and humanize Michael as much as he wants (I don't wanna seem like a fan boy), but the theme has to be in the film.

moviestud87
03-07-2007, 10:00 PM
somewhere... im thinking at the end of the movie...

shothim6times
03-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Will not having the main theme really matter? Best I can remember, H20 and Resurrection only had the main theme at the beginning and ending credits....whereas the original had the theme in several scenes throughout the movie. Hell, I don't even think any of the other original themes were used in those later movies. The themes were already being phased out it seems.

I'm just gonna wait until August until I form my opinion. Will not having the theme work?? How should I know? Before I jump to conclusions and assume that the movie will suck, I'd like to actually watch it first.

moviestud87
03-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Will not having the main theme really matter? Best I can remember, H20 and Resurrection only had the main theme at the beginning and ending credits....whereas the original had the theme in several scenes throughout the movie. Hell, I don't even think any of the other original themes were used in those later movies. The themes were already being phased out it seems.

I'm just gonna wait until August until I form my opinion. Will not having the theme work?? How should I know? Before I jump to conclusions and assume that the movie will suck, I'd like to actually watch it first.

talking about the main credits... dose anyone know if he is going to use the pumpkin method used in the original?

myersfan89
03-08-2007, 12:00 AM
· McDowell and Taylor-Compton say they'd return for additional "Halloween" sequels, but Zombie insists he's done after one. ("Everything I've wanted to do I've done with this movie," he remarked.)

This sort of makes me sad lol... i was hoping that rob zombie would do a sequel after this.....maybe their will be a sequel with a different directer since McDowell and Taylor both said they would return for a sequel... :(

Shape232
03-08-2007, 01:06 AM
It's not just that the theme is missing. The entire score should be used. If he says the original score wouldn't fit this film, I guess he means its not going to be very suspensful.

Shape232
03-08-2007, 01:10 AM
Also what is with this?:

"I want to make Loomis a man with a tremendous ego," said McDowell, dressed in black and draped in a beige trench coat that evokes predecessor Donald Pleasence. "[He's all about] getting a book out of it, which of course he has done, he's a best-seller ... he's the psychiatrist whose lifelong work is Michael Myers. He's obviously not a very good one, is he?"

There making Dr. Loomis a jerk????

samhain51
03-08-2007, 05:33 AM
I agree with you man some of the things rob is saying arent making me too happy . The movie looks great but sounds like it has some bad things in it also . I talked too much about the theme its just making me upset and I dont have any control over things i cant Change!!!!!

Ganondorf
03-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Also what is with this?:

"I want to make Loomis a man with a tremendous ego," said McDowell, dressed in black and draped in a beige trench coat that evokes predecessor Donald Pleasence. "[He's all about] getting a book out of it, which of course he has done, he's a best-seller ... he's the psychiatrist whose lifelong work is Michael Myers. He's obviously not a very good one, is he?"

I was starting to wonder when someone was finally going to mention this. Yes, I find it a little strange, too. It's definitely different from what we're all used to from Dr. Sam Loomis.

shoe1985
03-08-2007, 06:30 AM
my take on it.... im very excited about the new movie... the mask and the house seem very spooky, even if theyre not exactly the same... but this is a remake...

if u are unhappy wif how its turning out YOU DONT HAVE TO WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE , noone is forcing you to watch it so shut up! YOU cant change how its gonna happen, SO WHY BOTHER WHINGING?

its a remake... a reimagining... itd be boring watching an exact copy of the first.... it is NOT damaging the movie... you will always have the original (the best) on dvd in many releases!!!

i think rob has gone the best route for this movie, and i wouldnt have it any other way!

sorry bout the language... but there's enough stuff to worry about in real life so why get ur knickers in a knot over something u cant change, and honestly dont know the whole story about!?

There is a lot to worry about in real life, but see the reason people come here to discuss the movie is to get out of real life. People are fans of the series here or else they wouldn't be here. I think you are in the wrong place if you honestly think people won't give criticism on the movie. We have been here before many times, and this is a place to rant on what you like so far, and what you don't like so far. We only know so much right now, and we will discuss that in a positive or negative light.

Most people are in the wait and see approach, but will voice their opinions. I don't like some of the ideas in the movie, I voice my opinions on them. I like some of the ideas, and I will again voice my opinions on those also.

So, like you said, shut up and stop whining because really you don't know if the movie will be good either. You come and voice your opinions also, and nobody complains about that, so respect everyone's opinions.

So, I honestly have heard nothing, but positive things about Malcolm so far. I don't know if I like the way his' Dr. Loomis is going, but I am curious to see him play the role.

So people, voice your opinions, negative or positive. They are not wrong or right.

Axle
03-08-2007, 06:36 AM
shoe1985, that was my first post since probably 2004... and i only made it coz i read the threads and all i see is 90% whinging. im mainly in reference to whoever it was who was going on about ruining the movie, the guy goin on bout jason x... im sorry but its my opinion. deal wif it.

Masked Madman
03-08-2007, 06:41 AM
Also what is with this?:

Seems to me like there just going to have a different interpretation of Loomis, which makes sense since the whole movie is a different interpretation of the original...

ghettomyers
03-08-2007, 07:19 AM
theres no way in hell the theme wont be used, jus last week tyler bates said in an interview that they ARE usin it and that he already started on the score and that it would be halloween wit out it

Masked Madman
03-08-2007, 07:23 AM
do u have a link to it?

Man In Black
03-08-2007, 07:26 AM
This is the interview Ghettomyers refers to:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=99704870&blogID=233297367&Mytoken=8CAF4D22-D170-475E-8E048E795C149146799854

ghettomyers
03-08-2007, 07:41 AM
i swear if i got see this movie and theres no theme!!!! OHH!i dont want to think about it, i dont get upset over anything that RZ has done so far but not havein the theme? but there will be so im cool

Khan
03-08-2007, 07:44 AM
· McDowell and Taylor-Compton say they'd return for additional "Halloween" sequels, but Zombie insists he's done after one. ("Everything I've wanted to do I've done with this movie," he remarked.)

This sort of makes me sad lol... i was hoping that rob zombie would do a sequel after this.....maybe their will be a sequel with a different directer since McDowell and Taylor both said they would return for a sequel... :(

Given how greedy Malek Akkad seems to be, he will get some music video director to do it and get a bunch of hip teens to star in it.

ALDO
03-08-2007, 08:07 AM
So according to the composer himself The classic score will be used stating that "You can't do without it" and to not include it would be "Totally lame" and "It wouldn't be Halloween".

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 08:16 AM
So according to the composer himself The classic score will be used stating that "You can't do without it" and to not include it would be "Totally lame" and "It wouldn't be Halloween".

Thosae words may bite him in the ass. The theme is absolutly necessary. I am no purist. I like the storyline changes , but I must hold my ground on the theme.

Jackolantern99
03-08-2007, 08:20 AM
If he says the original score wouldn't fit this film, I guess he means its not going to be very suspensful.

Well shit, I could have told you that from the day they announced that Rob was directing. Obviously they're not going for "suspenseful" with this one.

And for the people who are "holding their ground" about the theme being in there...what exactly are you going to do? Not see the movie? I'm sure that'll put a huge dent in box office sales...yes, the whole 7 people who are that stubborn about a piece of music that they avoid the film altogether :crazy:

Laow-Z
03-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Well shit, I could have told you that from the day they announced that Rob was directing. Obviously they're not going for "suspenseful" with this one.

And for the people who are "holding their ground" about the theme being in there...what exactly are you going to do? Not see the movie? I'm sure that'll put a huge dent in box office sales...yes, the whole 7 people who are that stubborn about a piece of music that they avoid the film altogether :crazy:

The same goes for the people who won't give this one bit of a chance and bitch about everything from day one.

alfabit1
03-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Wow, just read the article and viewed the video. I got a positive vibe from the new footage, thought Mane looked very good, but the most surprising thing in it was the talk about the removal of the classic theme. I too am confused as I have read the Tyler Bates' article, and Rob has said they would use it in the past. Hopefully in the coming days we'll get a more clear answer on what they are going to do music-wise. Until then (here goes my shameless plug), you all are welcome to hit my website - I just finished my own version of a Halloween remake / sequel theme :)

ghettomyers
03-08-2007, 08:32 AM
bro i need to ask u a question would u mind if i used one of ur themes in my trailers i though id ask u before i did it and its cool if u dont want me to, but wat im gettin at is that the movie WILL NOt have the same effect for me, ill be haeart broken

alfabit1
03-08-2007, 08:34 AM
ghetto,

sure man, just give my site a plug is all I ask.

H-Field Hero
03-08-2007, 08:45 AM
It's not just that the theme is missing. The entire score should be used. If he says the original score wouldn't fit this film, I guess he means its not going to be very suspensful.I love how the non use of the score means that the film will be unsuspensful. Obviously, no one in this thread has ever scored a film. JC's 1978 music may not fit the beat, the theme, or the tone of the film. It simply may not work. And to have the entire score slapped on top of this brand new movie would be the epitome of lame.
· McDowell and Taylor-Compton say they'd return for additional "Halloween" sequels, but Zombie insists he's done after one. ("Everything I've wanted to do I've done with this movie," he remarked.)Shit. As a fan I was hoping he would leave the door open to doing one sequel if this film shot off like a rocket. But you know what, he's smart about it. You make a successful, quality film and you leave it alone. Ala John Carpenter, ala Dwight Little. If the remake is a success, I just don't want the series to once again become film making by committee.

Jackolantern99
03-08-2007, 08:50 AM
I love how the non use of the score means that the film will be unsuspensful. Obviously, no one in this thread has ever scored a film. JC's 1978 music may not fit the beat, the theme, or the tone of the film. It simply may not work. And to have the entire score slapped on top of this brand new movie would be the epitome of lame.

You can say this all you want, but stubborn idiots will continue to say "It won't be a good movie without the original theme/score!". Some people just don't understand...

The Halloween theme was fresh and effective for ONE film, 30 years ago. For all the others, it's strictly "familiar territory", which is exactly what it would be for this movie.

I'm not even sure why I'm still arguing about this, because Carpenter's Halloween and Zombie's Halloween are two completely different films. The fact that people are still bitching about elements from the first not being in the remake are mind-boggling...

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I guess I am one of those "stubborn idiots" when it comes to the theme. Mind you, It is still a movie I will see opening night. I fully expect it to be better than the all Halloween films since 5 and on. The lack of the theme is my one big criticism of the film. Everthing else looks good.

Yes it is a different film, but the basic premise is still the same. Crazy man in the white mask kills people. The theme works. Maybe we could use the Incredible Hulk tv show theme for the Myers kills, who needs the classic halloween music:bastard:

Laow-Z
03-08-2007, 09:42 AM
You can say this all you want, but stubborn idiots will continue to say "It won't be a good movie without the original theme/score!". Some people just don't understand...

I haven't seen one person say yet that the movie will suck because the theme isn't in it. We've said it sucks the theme isn't in the movie but nobody said the movie will now suck because of it.

shothim6times
03-08-2007, 09:47 AM
So are they saying that no trace of the original theme will be in this movie whatsoever, or that they are just gonna heavily modify it to fit this film??

If they do go with a whole new score, I can see Zombie/Bates coming up with some very cool music for the movie.

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 09:51 AM
I haven't seen one person say yet that the movie will suck because the theme isn't in it. We've said it sucks the theme isn't in the movie but nobody said the movie will now suck because of it.

Wel said. I am verydissapointed , but I still believe the movie will very good. I do not like this one aspect so far Everything else is looking great so far.

JackPumpkinhead
03-08-2007, 09:53 AM

The Halloween theme was fresh and effective for ONE film, 30 years ago. For all the others, it's strictly "familiar territory", which is exactly what it would be for this movie.

I'm not even sure why I'm still arguing about this, because Carpenter's Halloween and Zombie's Halloween are two completely different films. The fact that people are still bitching about elements from the first not being in the remake are mind-boggling...

Maybe you don't understand, issues like the main titles are really going to hit hard with people. Personally, the more I think about it, the more it stinks. In you're opinion it might not be effective, but every Halloween movie has at least gotten me EXCITED when I first hear that music and you know you're getting into a Myers film. I dont think the theme should now be considered part of the OLD series like so many other Halloween issues have become.

Now I'm addressing other people:
To to say Halloween and Halloween are two different movies, ummm, well, what's the difference, Halloween and Halloween, oh wait, there is none. I don't care what Zombie says, it's not HIS vision. Basically I say this because the original Halloween is the original piece of work. If Halloween (1978) had been based off of a book, short story, play, whatever I wouldn't be so upset about the theme because they would be re-imagining a book. Here, Zombie is reimagining what is already the original material. Therefore, none of his idea are original, he's just adding and taking away from whats already there. And there are SOME things you shouldn't take out of the original material.

And I'm not saying this because I'm mad at Zombie or hoping that his film does bad because I think we will see the theme in there but I'm saying this more to those who justify that you can take all these important aspects out of Halloween and it still be Halloweenish. It might be a good film, but will it feel like you're watching a Halloween film?

P.S. See how you can make a post at someone you disagree with and not call them names? Just an observation.

ALDO
03-08-2007, 09:53 AM
So are they saying that no trace of the original theme will be in this movie whatsoever, or that they are just gonna heavily modify it to fit this film??

If they do go with a whole new score, I can see Zombie/Bates coming up with some very cool music for the movie.

Well Tyler Bates has said the classic score will be used. Rob Zombie has said it won't be used.

Creative differences?

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Maybe they should play the theme to the Godfather when Michael is on screen. Sincwe he is a gangsta.:bastard:

Roswell
03-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Well Tyler Bates has said the classic score will be used. Rob Zombie has said it won't be used.

Creative differences?

See, this is why I keep saying that we should wait and see, cause we don't know for sure that the theme or any of the original music won't be in there. Like it was mentioned before by Man In Black and myself, Bates has only been working on the score for a couple weeks, and we're still a long way off from the release date. So really, anything can happen. We just have to be a bit patient and see how it turns out in the end.

mcilroga
03-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Danielle Harris talks HALLOWEEN;

FANGORIA recently met up with Danielle Harris at the Horrorfind Weekend convention in Baltimore, where she talked to us about her role in Rob Zombie’s much-anticipated HALLOWEEN remake. According to the actress, however, “re-envisioning” is a much more appropriate word to use when talking about the film. “I’ve been hearing a lot of people saying stuff like ‘It’s going to suck’ and ‘You can’t remake the original,’ and I don’t think that Rob is trying to do that,” she tells us. “He’s more paying homage to it. He’s not showing a ton of the gore, and he’s making it more suspenseful. Rob’s got a style, and that style is killer—pun intended—and it’s his version of HALLOWEEN. I believe he’s done a damn good job, and you will not be let down.

“This one is terrifying,” Harris continues. “It’s like watching an A&E BIOGRAPHY on what it’s like to become a serial killer. Which is totally different [from the original]; it’s not just some guy running around hacking people up, there is a reason for it. Rob gets into the psychology of when Michael Myers was a child, and why he’s as messed up as he is—which is really cool, and is why we watch those shows. Why are we so fascinated by Jeffery Dahmer? Do I really want to know how he ate everybody? No, but I want to know how he became what he became. So it’s really cool.”

The petite actress, who is almost done filming her scenes as Annie Brackett, is best-known to horror fans as Jamie Lloyd, the young heroine of HALLOWEEN 4 and HALLOWEEN 5. When questioned about her return to Haddonfield, Harris notes, “It’s a lot scarier now than it was when I was a child. Because as an actor, when you’re that young, you don’t have a filter; you just know that everything is make-believe and it’s play and fun time, and it’s just easier to go for it. As an adult, when you have to put yourself in that situation, to bring emotion to a scene, you have to really convince yourself that this guy is going to kill you.

“I also do topless stuff in this movie,” she reveals, “which is something that I don’t think any of the fans know, nor have I ever done partial nudity in a film before. And it’s only because I respect Rob so much, and because its not, for a lack of a better word, a T&A shot. It really about what happens. And if you’re looking at my boobs and not looking at the scene, than you’re crazy.”

As for Brad Dourif, who plays her father Sheriff Brackett, “He’s wonderful. I mean, he’s an Academy Award-nominated, Golden Globe-winning actor. It’s crazy, because we already had this father-daughter bond from the first day I met him, which is really nice. He’s a great Sheriff Brackett, and Malcolm McDowell is also terrific as Dr. Loomis. And neither one of them have seen any of the HALLOWEEN movies! So they don’t have anything to go off of, which is good, because they’re not copying.”

Agreeing with most who have worked with Zombie, Harris passionately tells Fango how amazing the experience has been. “I made an agreement with myself not to do any more horror movies, unless it’s HALLOWEEN or a Rob Zombie film. If Rob wanted me to, I would work with him on everything he does.”

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=3862

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“I also do topless stuff in this movie,” she reveals, “which is something that I don’t think any of the fans know, nor have I ever done partial nudity in a film before. And it’s only because I respect Rob so much, and because its not, for a lack of a better word, a T&A shot. It really about what happens. And if you’re looking at my boobs and not looking at the scene, than you’re crazy.”

...And people had doubts for a second.

:bastard:

Laow-Z
03-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Danielle Harris talks HALLOWEEN;

Well I'll be crazy like the 10 million other guy's...(and a few girls):nodsmile:

shoe1985
03-08-2007, 11:10 AM
shoe1985, that was my first post since probably 2004... and i only made it coz i read the threads and all i see is 90% whinging. im mainly in reference to whoever it was who was going on about ruining the movie, the guy goin on bout jason x... im sorry but its my opinion. deal wif it.

Please learn to spell correctly, and use periods and commas. It is so hard to read your writing when it seems you write like a 5th grader.

If your a straight guy, you will be not paying attention to the scene, you will be looking at her, umm eyes?

Honestly guys, this is a whole new movie. Either face it, or don't, but at the end of the day it means little to the people behind this movie. The plan was to use the theme, but things seem to have changed. I am not happy about it, but if it doesn't fit the movie, oh well. It isn't OUR Halloween, it is a NEW Halloween.

Jackolantern99
03-08-2007, 11:49 AM
If your a straight guy, you will be not paying attention to the scene, you will be looking at her, umm eyes?

I'm guessing she means that some shit goes down that well overshadows the fact that she's topless.

Man In Black
03-08-2007, 11:54 AM

haha. Wow, my first childhood non-school crush...and she's topless. I'm not gonna watch this movie anymore...yep...well I just wanted to try how saying that felt...felt kind of weird. But she does have nice eyes anyway - I like how one of them squints more than the other when she smiles (wow, i sound like a girl saying something about a Backstreet Boy:D - knocking it off). So, uh - that theme, huh?

H-Field Hero
03-08-2007, 12:02 PM
“I also do topless stuff in this movie,” she reveals, “which is something that I don’t think any of the fans know, nor have I ever done partial nudity in a film before. And it’s only because I respect Rob so much, and because its not, for a lack of a better word, a T&A shot. It really about what happens. And if you’re looking at my boobs and not looking at the scene, than you’re crazy.”haha that's great. Lets make one thing clear though. She's doing this because the $$$ is right, not out of respect for Rob.

By Danielle's definition there will be A LOT of 'crazy' halloween fans out there. This isn't just some random chick showing some skin. It's Danielle Harris. Halloween fans are rabid about her due to her performances in Halloween 4 and Halloween 5 and the way she turned into a smokin' adult.

Jackolantern99
03-08-2007, 12:04 PM
No one else noticed in the MTV interview that the movie takes place in an inconspicuous time frame?

I guess that could be both good AND bad...

MyersFan927
03-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Danielle goes topless?! She never seemed like the type, and I really respect her, but in a way I sure look forward to that now.

Forgive me if this was already mentioned in a recent interview, but I hear from an inside source that the origin of the mask will be included in the film?

MM41
03-08-2007, 12:24 PM
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=97892749&blogID=238747050&MyToken=1d8851df-163e-4c38-a0ad-759cbc1cc177
new blog from the new Myers. Its pretty good and such he says there in the last few weeks of production..so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully those promotional photos hes talking about come about soon, cant wait to see.

The Dark Shape
03-08-2007, 12:29 PM
The Danielle topless scene could be distracting, considering:

She's being chased through the house by Michael.

Forgive me if this was already mentioned in a recent interview, but I hear from an inside source that the origin of the mask will be included in the film?

Not really the 'origin' -- Judith's boyfriend tries to wear the mask while having sex with her, but she tells him to take it off. Michael finds the mask and puts it on right before killing Judith.

Man In Black
03-08-2007, 12:31 PM
The Danielle topless scene could be distracting, considering:

She's being chased through the house by Michael.

Not really the 'origin' -- Judith's boyfriend tries to wear the mask while having sex with her, but she tells him to take it off. Michael finds the mask and puts it on right before killing Judith.

Apparently her scene with Michael - whether or not it be a death scene is very different now apparently.

MyersFan927
03-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks.
This reminds me of Chapter 1 of the novel, where her boyfriend shows up in a Frankenstein mask, and I think, he feels her up and tries to have sex with her with it. So he kills Judith with the mask he uses as an adult? Hm.

Interesting stuff.

The Dark Shape
03-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Apparently her scene with Michael - whether or not it be a death scene is very different now apparently.

This is fun!

MAJOR SPOILER HERE. DON'T CLICK JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY.

I hadn't heard that. Her comment about appearing either in Halloween or in a Rob Zombie movie implies that she still survives to me.

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 12:43 PM
haha that's great. Lets make one thing clear though. She's doing this because the $$$ is right, not out of respect for Rob.

She isn't making Halle Berry money to show off her boobies. I belive she got 5 millon a boobie for Swordfish.

Regardless. I'll be to into the scene at the theater. , but that is why I have my dvd player, and I.'ll freeze it.

None the Less, I am more at ease that Danielle said it was going to be suspenful and not that gory. I am no intewrested in a Halloween gorefest. I also like the way she describes it as an A& E Biography. That is how I envisioned it or hoped it would be like. My complaints about the theme music have lessoned because I am starting to get a very good vibe about the film as a whole.

The Dark Shape
03-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Am I the only one who's disturbed that I saw this actress as a little girl?

mcilroga
03-08-2007, 12:52 PM
She isn't making Halle Berry money to show off her boobies. I belive she got 5 millon a boobie for Swordfish.

Not even close, dude. Rumors say Berry was paid $2 million in total, but Warner Bros. and Berry herself insist she was only paid $250,000 for each boob. Nonetheless, that's more than enough cash, haha.

freethy
03-08-2007, 12:52 PM

Get off your high horse before I shoot it. I don't think anyone said they wont watch the movie because the score isn't in it. If they did, then they are being silly. We haven't seen it yet and can't say either way. Though I know when I hear something I don't like and i'm not gonna bite my fucking tounge. I'll say what I am thinking and i'm thinking I don't like the sound of getting rid of the score. Am I the only one who thinks people are taking this shit so seriously. Fuck people, grow up and act like fucking adults. The bickering got old about 3 months ago.

Oh yeah, and if you shoot my horse remember, I have a sniper with you in his sights and he's locked and loaded.:bastard:

The Dark Shape
03-08-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm not seeing this movie because Michael doesn't drive. That just pushes it too far!!

freethy
03-08-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm not seeing this movie because Michael doesn't drive. That just pushes it too far!!

I take it haddonfield isn't a 4 hour drive this time round. That, or Michael really runs in this movie.

The Dark Shape
03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
He hitches a ride.

(Which I'm sure will set up the inevitable Hitcher crossover)

Femanizer
03-08-2007, 01:13 PM

haha funny stuff :)

Jack O'Lantern
03-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Well hopefully if its true about the music they'll come up with a new score thats good.

tlc51369
03-08-2007, 01:26 PM
I will see this movie for sure! She is so hot!

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Am I the only one who's disturbed that I saw this actress as a little girl?

Yes.:bastard: I was a little boy when I saw her as a little girl, I don't feel weird or dirty considering she is 10 months older than me. Now the olson twins are another story....

ghettomyers
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
ill see the movie no matter wat im still excited but all i want is for the theme to play in the opening credits thats it, i dont care if its in the rest of the movie as long as its in the beginning im cool plzz!! RZ

Ana-Matronic
03-08-2007, 01:54 PM
I find it kind of unsettling all the drooling over Danielle's nude scene. Like okay she is hot but everyone started to love her as a kid, the whole "she is old enough now" thing is still icky to me. It's hard to explain but yea. It's her choice to do it and it is people's choice to drool over the fact that the little girl you used to watch is now old enough that you can admit to wanting to see her naked.

About the changing of the scenes with Anni and Michael, I really hope it is changed. A character living or dying that didn't in the original would be interesting. Or a total change of the events on how the final person would survive ala Texas Chainsaw remake. I don't want a carbon copy film that included the same looking cast, same scenes, same theme even. If it is a re-invention of the original, I want innovation not the same thing.

The person who said RZ has no original ideas, I just would like to say that you're a complete brain fart if you, with all the information we have of the outline of the story, think he has a lack of originality. The showing of his childhood and such is original in it's own right. Jeez man, don't take someone remaking something you adore so personal. It isn't that precious is it?

The Dark Shape
03-08-2007, 01:56 PM
I'll say this: it's going to be very strange going back and watching Halloween 4 after I've seen Rob Zombie's Halloween.

Ana-Matronic
03-08-2007, 01:58 PM
I'll say this: it's going to be very strange going back and watching Halloween 4 after I've seen Rob Zombie's Halloween.

I am really glad you said you were a little disturbed about seeing her naked. Very big of you! :)

Femanizer
03-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Ana it's the same male mentality that had people counting down the days til Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen turned 18, when people knew them as BABY MICHELLE on Full House, I found that as sick as hell.

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 02:01 PM

Not really. You do really all 29 year old women were once little kids. That's life People grow up. I will repeat she is older than me. How is it perveted?

mcilroga
03-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Because people don't grow up? We were all kids once, how is this disturbing? For starters, she played a completely different character 20 years ago. She was a cute kid (cute, I said) who grew up to be a beautiful woman. What's the problem?

The Dark Shape
03-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Not really. You do really all 29 year old women were once little kids. That's life People grow up. I will repeat she is older than me. How is it perveted?

Yeah, but I didn't have to watch hours of them as little kids, did I? We're going from "Jamie's an orphan! Jamie's an orphan!" to "Yeah, yeah you wanna fuck me ... come on put it in."

Ana-Matronic
03-08-2007, 02:09 PM

If you are the same age, that isn't as bad but if you are like 10-30 yrs her senior it is a bit repulsive. You watched the films and I dunno it is like a sister daughter like image.

Exacccccctly dark shape!

I is like Lindsay Lohan, people probably watched films with their kids when she was young, now they are all god she is hot and looking for nipple slips. I just think if you grow to like someone as a child it is just common knowledge that you don't go and start to think sexual thoughts. It is just ehh.

mcilroga
03-08-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm not even sure what anyone's talking about. From the pictures I've seen, my wife was one cute kid. Damn it, now I can't think sexual thoughts.

"Ehh."

Femanizer
03-08-2007, 02:17 PM
If you're the same age as said actress and grew up with them I don't see a problem with it but yeah if you are 40 and lusting after someone you used to watch as a 9 year old in movies when you were in your 20's or 30's, that's weird.

And hey people can feel free to do what they want anyway, she's overage and it's just my opinion anyway.

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Because people don't grow up? We were all kids once, how is this disturbing? For starters, she played a completely different character 20 years ago. She was a cute kid (cute, I said) who grew up to be a beautiful woman. What's the problem?

Right. You know how long ago 1988 was? I think New Kids on the Bloc were the big thing back than. She is older than half the board who are drooling over her. I don't see how its dirty.
I was 10 years old in 1988.

The Dark Shape
03-08-2007, 02:22 PM
It just feels kind of strange, and I'm a few years younger than her.

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
It just feels kind of strange, and I'm a few years younger than her.
The next time you kiss a girl, remember she was once 10 years old. . I guess that makes you a pervert:roflmao: .

Ana-Matronic
03-08-2007, 02:27 PM
I think it all comes down to the asexual little girl she played and sexualizing.

Femanizer
03-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Yes Sith Scotti continue to miss that point....

Ana-Matronic
03-08-2007, 02:28 PM
The next time you kiss a girl, remember she was once 10 years old. . I guess that makes you a pervert:roflmao: .

Very ignorant statement. ::shakes head::

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Very ignorant statement. ::shakes head::

My ignorant statement? Iam not sexualizing Danielle Harris when she was 10?
I find her attractice today.

!988 was a long time ago. I can let go of the charcter she played in 1988. I will shock some of you with this statement. Danielle YHarris and Jaime Llyod are not the same person. One is real. The other died in Part 6.:crazy:

Ana-Matronic
03-08-2007, 02:48 PM
My ignorant statement? Iam not sexualizing Danielle Harris when she was 10?
I find her attractice today.

!988 was a long time ago. I can let go of the charcter she played in 1988. I will shock some of you with this statement. Danielle YHarris and Jaime Llyod are not the same person. One is real. The other died in Part 6.:crazy:

Re-read your post.

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Re-read your post.

Your the one that is generalizing that anyone that thinks Danielle is hot, is also sexualizing a character she played 20 years ago. Most people can seperate the 2. One was a little kid in a movie. The other is a 29 year old woman. Nuff said

ghettomyers
03-08-2007, 03:01 PM
ANYWAYS i loved the footage didnt you love the footage i think we all loved the footage, more please

The Dark Shape
03-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Your the one that is generalizing that anyone that thinks Danielle is hot, is also sexualizing a character she played 20 years ago. Most people can seperate the 2. One was a little kid in a movie. The other is a 29 year old woman. Nuff said

I'm not generalizing anyone who this she's hot. I think she's hot. I said it was weird for me.

freethy
03-08-2007, 03:04 PM

It's not perverted haha! There are some crazy folks on this board...lol I mean that in a light hearted way, so don't start throwing your toys out the pram.

She's 2 years older than me and if given the chance I'll hit that punani, no questions asked. Thats light hearted too. So don't start stamping your feet:bastard:

zombie commando
03-08-2007, 03:20 PM
This chick I'm seeing now is 28. Is that perverted and wrong.....because it feels so right. :)

Dark Agent
03-08-2007, 03:24 PM
This chick I'm seeing now is 28. Is that perverted and wrong.....because it feels so right. :)

:yeah: :quagmire:

I gotta tell my friends about this scene.

Jackolantern99
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
The only reason I see it being fucked up is if blood is flying and she's being tortured but all the guys in the audience can think about is "Oooh, look at her boobs!". Hopefully that won't be the mindset...

H-Field Hero
03-08-2007, 04:08 PM
We're going from "Jamie's an orphan! Jamie's an orphan!" to "Yeah, yeah you wanna fuck me ... come on put it in.":sideroll: Let me just say, if I ever heard Danielle say that my fucking jaw would be on the floor.

I do see the point TDS is making here. Danielle Harris is big amongst Halloween fans not because she's red hot, but because they loved the little girl she once played. 18 years later these same fans are going to be spunking all over their tv screens to the same girl they loved when she was a youngster. However, Danielle is so far removed from the Jamie Lloyd days that I won't have a problem separating the two.

freethy
03-08-2007, 04:54 PM
:sideroll: Let me just say, if I ever heard Danielle say that my fucking jaw would be on the floor.

Thats funny, because I will just say "OK" and...haha, must we keep up this schoolboy banter?:D The threads keep drifting off onto Heather Bowen's breasts, or Danielle harris asking people to "Put it in her" Is it me, or is the tone so easily lowered these days?

H-Field Hero
03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Thats funny, because I will just say "OK"I said if I heard her say it. Not if she said to me, dope :p

Heather Bowen's breasts, or Danielle harris asking people to "Put it in her"Never again in your life will you put those two names in the same sentence. :guns:

DarthMyers
03-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Did someone say boobs?

Frazetta
03-08-2007, 06:53 PM
I'll say this: it's going to be very strange going back and watching Halloween 4 after I've seen Rob Zombie's Halloween. That happened to me after I saw her in Urban Legend.

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 06:55 PM

Yes it is. Because she was only 9 years old in 1988.:bastard:

The Kilted One
03-08-2007, 07:34 PM
That happened to me after I saw her in Urban Legend.

Me too, actually... huh.

Frazetta
03-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Me too, actually... huh.
I will say that the whole Goth look works for her :nodsmile:

BoogeyMan88
03-08-2007, 07:51 PM
My thoughts are running rampant, on one hand she is very attractive now and she was so innocent back in the day......WHY??? Am I sad or happy? I don't know anymore. :crazy:

phildaddy
03-08-2007, 07:51 PM
wow I hope that is not the only reason some people watch the film. :quagmire:

Todd 78
03-08-2007, 08:25 PM
wow I hope that is not the only reason some people watch the film. :quagmire:

Of course it is. It's not like I can watch it for the theme music.:bastard:

Kidding. I am actually anticipating this a lot. I think at worse it will be better than half the films in the franchise

phildaddy
03-08-2007, 09:33 PM
cant get much worse than resurrection

Superman
03-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Sure it could...ever see HO1000C or TDR?

Redskinndallas
03-08-2007, 09:44 PM
edit.

WhiteZombie
03-08-2007, 10:02 PM

Lots of times...great movies.

phildaddy
03-08-2007, 10:04 PM

I enjoy both of those films i just hope the new halloween doesnt turn out like them they are to gorey for the franchise

Scoffey
03-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Does anyone know if they're still filming... I drove 2 hours and got down there and either couldn't find the house or they're not filming!?

National Treasure 2 is filming right up the street from the original Myers house though lol

Superman
03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Lots of times...great movies.

Hardly.

JackPumpkinhead
03-08-2007, 10:31 PM
The person who said RZ has no original ideas, I just would like to say that you're a complete brain fart if you, with all the information we have of the outline of the story, think he has a lack of originality. The showing of his childhood and such is original in it's own right. Jeez man, don't take someone remaking something you adore so personal. It isn't that precious is it?

Yes *raises hand* I guess you're talking about me, the brain fart. And yes I think the Michael backstory is recycled material that has been seen before. That said, I still can't wait to see Michael on screen again. I hear more good news then bad coming from it. Remaking or reimagining is the way to go after Resurrection, that doesnt mean I have to agree with everything I hear, you just caught me on one point I disagree with.

And yes, the original is something very special (precious)to me. I can name 50 movies that I really like but only 1 that I'm a member of a message board devoted to it.

Man In Black
03-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Some news which I'm sure will make everyone sleep better:D The mask? The theme? Nope - read on.

From HM.com
We also wanted to address what's happening with Heather Bowen! Heather won a walk-on role in the next HALLOWEEN movie in a contest at the 25th Anniversary Convention... you can see Moustapha Akkad declaring her the winner in a bonus segment on the Halloween: 25 Years of Terror DVD. We receive lots of emails asking if Heather is still going to be in the movie and the answer is YES. Her scene was supposed to be filmed today, but the schedule changed and the producers are working her into another scene shortly. We have asked Heather to provide a written account of her experience, and we'll post that when the time comes.

phildaddy
03-08-2007, 11:26 PM
sweet im happy that they actually used it that was one that Moustapha wanted

Todd 78
03-09-2007, 05:01 AM

TDR was a gret movie. Surely you can't think Resurrection as better?

A better exampe wou be the god awful Jason x than you mayve had a poin> But I even think Jason x is better than Resurrection

For all thoe worried about the gore in Haloween, Danielle Harris said it wasn't that gorey. So relax and be happy.

Laow-Z
03-09-2007, 06:19 AM
And yes I think the Michael backstory is recycled material that has been seen before.

I'd like to know where you've seen it before cause I would like to get that DVD. Michael walks in the house, kills his sister and the next scene he's being picked up by Loomis and Marion...no backstory there.

samhain51
03-09-2007, 06:48 AM
I think this movie will be good . Rob is smart and its going to be like a criminal minds show only almost 2 hours long though . I would like to see why he kills . Its been too long now and we cant go by the Halloween 6 method because that became very skeptical . Even though I think Daniel Farrends is Brilliant . Hes the best Halloween Movie maker ever . Even better than Rob > Rob is great and im still very anxious . Theres only one bad thing ( THE THEME) Shit what can we do Halloween will last forever and as long as Halloween is on the calender Michael Myers will be the Slasher we all Love!!!!!!!!!!!

DonaldPismyHero
03-09-2007, 08:14 AM
I think this movie will be good . Rob is smart and its going to be like a criminal minds show only almost 2 hours long though . I would like to see why he kills . Its been too long now and we cant go by the Halloween 6 method because that became very skeptical . Even though I think Daniel Farrends is Brilliant . Hes the best Halloween Movie maker ever . Even better than Rob > Rob is great and im still very anxious . Theres only one bad thing ( THE THEME) Shit what can we do Halloween will last forever and as long as Halloween is on the calender Michael Myers will be the Slasher we all Love!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a lot of things that we love about Halloween and I think Rob is going to keep those intact. I don't think he'd mess with his target audience too much. He's said in the past that this is going to be a re-imagining, not a re-make, but things are going to be different for a reason. I think he knows what he's doing. Below are a few spoilers in an interview with Danielle Harris by Fangoria magazine. Not big stuff, but some things that might a few doubters at ease.

FANGORIA recently met up with Danielle Harris at the Horrorfind Weekend convention in Baltimore, where she talked to us about her role in Rob Zombie's much-anticipated HALLOWEEN remake. According to the actress, however, "re-envisioning" is a much more appropriate word to use when talking about the film. "I've been hearing a lot of people saying stuff like 'It's going to suck' and 'You can't remake the original,' and I don't think that Rob is trying to do that," she tells us. "He's more paying homage to it. He's not showing a ton of the gore, and he's making it more suspenseful. Rob's got a style, and that style is killer—pun intended—and it's his version of HALLOWEEN. I believe he's done a damn good job, and you will not be let down.

"This one is terrifying," Harris continues. "It's like watching an A&E BIOGRAPHY on what it's like to become a serial killer. Which is totally different [from the original]; it's not just some guy running around hacking people up, there is a reason for it. Rob gets into the psychology of when Michael Myers was a child, and why he's as messed up as he is—which is really cool, and is why we watch those shows. Why are we so fascinated by Jeffery Dahmer? Do I really want to know how he ate everybody? No, but I want to know how he became what he became. So it's really cool."

The petite actress, who is almost done filming her scenes as Annie Brackett, is best-known to horror fans as Jamie Lloyd, the young heroine of HALLOWEEN 4 and HALLOWEEN 5. When questioned about her return to Haddonfield, Harris notes, "It's a lot scarier now than it was when I was a child. Because as an actor, when you're that young, you don't have a filter; you just know that everything is make-believe and it's play and fun time, and it's just easier to go for it. As an adult, when you have to put yourself in that situation, to bring emotion to a scene, you have to really convince yourself that this guy is going to kill you.

"I also do topless stuff in this movie," she reveals, "which is something that I don't think any of the fans know, nor have I ever done partial nudity in a film before. And it's only because I respect Rob so much, and because its not, for a lack of a better word, a T&A shot. It really about what happens. And if you're looking at my boobs and not looking at the scene, than you're crazy."

As for Brad Dourif, who plays her father Sheriff Brackett, "He's wonderful. I mean, he's an Academy Award-nominated, Golden Globe-winning actor. It's crazy, because we already had this father-daughter bond from the first day I met him, which is really nice. He's a great Sheriff Brackett, and Malcolm McDowell is also terrific as Dr. Loomis. And neither one of them have seen any of the HALLOWEEN movies! So they don't have anything to go off of, which is good, because they're not copying."

Agreeing with most who have worked with Zombie, Harris passionately tells Fango how amazing the experience has been. "I made an agreement with myself not to do any more horror movies, unless it's HALLOWEEN or a Rob Zombie film. If Rob wanted me to, I would work with him on everything he does."

Fangoria Magazine

Man In Black
03-09-2007, 08:17 AM
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1554234/story.jhtml

Another MTV article - I think it has interview footage with Rob - again, MTV's rule are N-O if you don't live in USA.

Laow-Z
03-09-2007, 08:25 AM
There are a lot of things that we love about Halloween and I think Rob is going to keep those intact. I don't think he'd mess with his target audience too much. He's said in the past that this is going to be a re-imagining, not a re-make, but things are going to be different for a reason. I think he knows what he's doing. Below are a few spoilers in an interview with Danielle Harris by Fangoria magazine. Not big stuff, but some things that might a few doubters at ease.

This can also be viewed on the main page.

shoe1985
03-09-2007, 08:43 AM

I am not a fan of Rob's movies either, and would take Resurrection over those two any day. At first I hated H8, but it has grown on me over time.

Axle
03-09-2007, 08:56 AM
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1554234/story.jhtml

Another MTV article - I think it has interview footage with Rob - again, MTV's rule are N-O if you don't live in USA.

im in australia and i can see it :)

Man In Black
03-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Good one - wish I could say the same. Anything you can let us know from viewing it - the general discussions?:

Thurisaz
03-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I hate the MTV player. YouTube-ing now.

Man In Black
03-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks man. So damn annoying. I've been trying to use proxies for 25 minutes but it still doesn't work. I used to be able to view it in their old system, think it was Real Player. Thanks for the hard work:)

Man In Black
03-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Someone emailed Tyler Bates about the music issue - here is what he said:

"Thanks for your email. Rob is quite in the thick of filming at this point, which means that Rob has not entirely addressed the musical content of the film. While none of the “original’ JC music sounds appropriate for the film, I will work with a few of his great ideas next week. We’ll have to see how it pans out. I will say this, I have seen quite a bit of footage, and Rob is delivering the goods! Remember, Rob is doing this movie in part because he is a great fan of the original film. I wouldn’t get caught up in pontificating the content of his film versus the original. At the end of the day, I am sure this movie will embody great respect for John Carpenter’s original masterpiece."

Thurisaz
03-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Damn YouTube and their slow processing.

Anyway, if you read the interview there's not really anything new here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_6b8wT2tDDo

Man In Black
03-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks - it was a good watch. Damn MTV making it sound like it was something else:)

scoob
03-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks for posting that on youtube, Deadpool, much appreciated.

I always thought the killings in the original were pretty far from random.

SicDarko
03-09-2007, 09:49 AM
I figured he meant that it would be some incarnation of the original, just not the "Actual" original music, cause I could see where it would not fit the feel of the movie.

H-Field Hero
03-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Again big thanks to TJ and MIB for keeping the place updated with the absolute latest in Halloween happenings.

I like Rob's attitude or at least what I perceive to be his attitude regarding the project. It's like "yeah, the original was great and everything, but here's what I want to do with it". He seems to have a clear vision of what he wants to do and he doesn't appear to be lured into wanting to emulate the original too much. I know this makes some people want to lynch themselves, but I like it.

EvilOnTwoLegs
03-09-2007, 09:56 AM
It's not just that the theme is missing. The entire score should be used. If he says the original score wouldn't fit this film, I guess he means its not going to be very suspensful.
The score from Halloween wouldn't fit a movie like Wait Until Dark...and that's one of the most suspenseful films ever made. So no, that's not necessarily what he means.

Also what is with this?:

That's an actor's interpretation of the character he's playing. It may not come across that way...I don't think it did in the early script. Honestly, when I hear actors talk about the way they played a certain character after seeing the film, I often think "Really? That's not what I got out of it at all." But if that helps them to play a character effectively, so be it. The bottom line is that this isn't McDowell's film. Taking this too seriously is ill-advised at this point...we haven't seen any Loomis footage to support it.

Yes...qand while I've only watched them a few times, neither made me want to vomit. Wish I could say the same for H:R. But the second (and last) time I watched that movie, I literally had to force myself, for the sake of fairness. As it turned out, I had been fair to it the first time...it was even worse the second time around. TDR may not be the best horror film of the past five years...but as far as I'm concerned, it's fuckin' Hamlet compared to H:R.

I enjoy both of those films i just hope the new halloween doesnt turn out like them they are to gorey for the franchise
Really? I don't recall any exploding heads or industrial farm equipment. :bastard:

JackPumpkinhead
03-09-2007, 09:57 AM
I'd like to know where you've seen it before cause I would like to get that DVD. Michael walks in the house, kills his sister and the next scene he's being picked up by Loomis and Marion...no backstory there.

I'm talking about material from other horror films, not Halloween.

H-Field Hero
03-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Really? I don't recall any exploding heads or industrial farm equipment. :bastard:Michael said he's not bullshitting around with Loomis this time around. If he comes to Haddonfield talking that yack, Michael will throw his ass into a wheat thresher :laugher:.

Thurisaz
03-09-2007, 10:21 AM
I just hope that he not only decapitates someone, but throws the head in a washing machine just for good measure. That would be awesome.

EvilOnTwoLegs
03-09-2007, 10:47 AM
I just hope that he not only decapitates someone, but throws the head in a washing machine just for good measure. That would be awesome.
Personally, I'm looking forward to the proposed scene in which Michael's head gets beaten into an oozing puddle of green goop.

shoe1985
03-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Michael said he's not bullshitting around with Loomis this time around. If he comes to Haddonfield talking that yack, Michael will throw his ass into a wheat thresher :laugher:.

Wow, that was pretty funny.

After so many sequels, it comes down to creating good kills. I know I don't want him to keep killing with a knife, it gets old.

As long as the deaths are built up, and you feel for the person, then I don't mind how they are killed. That sounds so wrong.

EvilOnTwoLegs
03-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Wow, that was pretty funny.

After so many sequels, it comes down to creating good kills. I know I don't want him to keep killing with a knife, it gets old.

As long as the deaths are built up, and you feel for the person, then I don't mind how they are killed. That sounds so wrong.
This is true, though personally, I don't like the kills to go too over-the-top. The audience should be scared...not rolling their eyes. And too wide a variety of methods can hurt a Halloween film, making it seem more like a Friday the 13th, or other Halloween clone, than an actual Halloween film. I always marveled at the fact that in H2, Michael explicitly makes a point of stealing a knife during the film's opening...then scarcely uses it at all, whilst employing increasingly over-the-top and elaborate methods throughout. In the TV cut of H2, I'm not even sure if Michael ever uses the knife. To the best of my recollection, he goes to the trouble of procuring it, then abandons it, unused, in favor of claw hammers, syringes, scalpels, hot tubs, and tranfusion tables.

The original Halloween was essentially a story of "Boy Meets Knife." That said, it doesn't hurt to change up the methods to some degree. Certainly, it's been done in all the sequels...sometimes, effectively. But I think that the people who are really against this project, and want to hate it thoroughly, on all grounds, would definitely use that argument...even if they don't particularly mind the exploding heads, decapitations, wheat threshers, and various other OTT gore kills that have already made their way into the series. There are a few here who don't even want to say anything good about the mask, beyond it looking "okay"...quick to then jump on the fact that it doesn't really look like the original.

For some, it's not even a simple matter of the bad outweighing the good...they won't even admit that any potential for good exists. And elaborate kills would just be more fuel for that ugly little fire.

Padams
03-09-2007, 11:19 AM
The HalloweeN franchise is now going to have, what, four story-lines?

1. HalloweeN ~~ HalloweeN II ~~ H20 ~~ HalloweeN Resurrection
2. Season of the Witch
3. HalloweeN IV (which attempted to connect with the original, but for the sake of argument, I'm leaving it as it's own story-line) ~~ HalloweeN V ~~ HalloweeN VI
4. Rob Zombie's re-imaging // resembling the original in some forms

If another installment is created, would you all rather have the director follow Rob Zombie's path and create a new image for the following HalloweeN's?
OR
Continue from Resurrection?

I, personally, believe they should leave this entire franchise alone after Rob Zombie's picture. You can't beat a dead horse, well, you can .. but it's not fun anymore.

Thurisaz
03-09-2007, 11:34 AM
The HalloweeN franchise is now going to have, what, four story-lines?

1. HalloweeN ~~ HalloweeN II ~~ H20 ~~ HalloweeN Resurrection
2. Season of the Witch
3. HalloweeN IV (which attempted to connect with the original, but for the sake of argument, I'm leaving it as it's own story-line) ~~ HalloweeN V ~~ HalloweeN VI
4. Rob Zombie's re-imaging // resembling the original in some forms

If another installment is created, would you all rather have the director follow Rob Zombie's path and create a new image for the following HalloweeN's?
OR
Continue from Resurrection?

I, personally, believe they should leave this entire franchise alone after Rob Zombie's picture. You can't beat a dead horse, well, you can .. but it's not fun anymore.

The old series is theatrically dead. It may live on through other means, but movie wise it's buried.

Man In Black
03-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Just to let you all know:

ROB IS USING THE THEME MUSIC!

SicDarko
03-09-2007, 12:02 PM
yeah, he just posted this on his blog....

Now I get it, MTV misunderrstood what I was saying about the music. Oh well, I am still shooting and haven't even begin to explore the music side of things yet.

I always planned on using the original theme since the begininng.

Monte
03-09-2007, 12:04 PM
MTV misrepresented something? What a shocker.

Khan
03-09-2007, 12:07 PM
So what was Rob saying in the MTV interview where the theme didn't work?

Laow-Z
03-09-2007, 12:08 PM
I alway's hoped it would be in the opening and closing credits at least. It's iconic that theme just as the white mask is. The mask changed slightly but with the original (hopefully unchanged) music would be a great trip down memory lane......till I pop in the original again.

H-Field Hero
03-09-2007, 12:08 PM
3. HalloweeN IV (which attempted to connect with the original, but for the sake of argument, I'm leaving it as it's own story-line) ~~ HalloweeN V ~~ HalloweeN VIFor the sake of argument we'll stay in reality and reality says that Halloween 4 is a part of the H1-H2 continuity.

Besides, the continuity became so messed up after H4 that a fully coherent and logical story line ceased to exist.
ROB IS USING THE THEME MUSIC!MEYERZ IZ BAK. HOLLAZ!@#$%

ALDO
03-09-2007, 12:11 PM

That's good news. Although some people thought that the classic theme music wasn't needed because it wouldn't work so well now. Interesting.

H-Field Hero
03-09-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure how anyone could have known for sure that the theme wouldn't work for this film. I know I said that there is a chance that the score may not work with Rob's film. It seemed that some people thought you could just toss in the original score with this film and it would all be fine and dandy. The score and the film have to work like a good marriage.

jason_fan
03-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Well now I have hope that this movie can be good again, but what did was the context of, "the theme doesn't work with what we're doing," ordeal? I have faith once more, but I am still a bit reserved.

scoob
03-09-2007, 12:30 PM
I just hope that Rob is not bowing down to the pretty hysterical reaction to the news he might not have added in the theme.
Seems as though as soon as something bad comes out, it is squashed pretty quickly though so thats pretty cool.

EvilOnTwoLegs
03-09-2007, 12:31 PM

One less thing for people to co-opt the next twenty pages complaining about. Fantastic. :D

Monte
03-09-2007, 12:34 PM
I get the feeling that Myers Minion fellow will not have a response to this.

mcilroga
03-09-2007, 12:35 PM
And the world does not implode...

EvilOnTwoLegs
03-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I get the feeling that Myers Minion fellow will not have a response to this.
Well, of course. Certain people are ready to rip Zombie's throat out for NOT using the theme, but he'll get no credit for actually using it. It's all about negativity. There is no room for praise here.

Man In Black
03-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Now that shit is out of the way. At some point during this whole two day outrage - anyone notice

• We got to see Brad Dourif in his Brackett getup
• Got confirmation that Adult Myers no longer speaks
• No animal cruelty, etc
You know, things which could be worth speaking about once again

ALDO
03-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Some people were quite happy about the classic theme not being used. Apparently it's not effective anymore. I wonder what they think now?

Man In Black
03-09-2007, 12:50 PM
My opinion was that if the theme, or more specifically the main score elements "Laurie's theme" etc didn't fit in the movie, they shouldn't be in it. Those pieces were composed by Carpenter specifically to fit in specific scenes - obviously they would not fit in with the new footage.

Monte
And our very first look at the new Myers in action. Just wish it was from somewhere that had people who knew how to hold a goddamn camera still for five seconds and not edit everything into a hectic headache (*cough* MTV sucks *cough*)

EvilOnTwoLegs
Now that shit is out of the way. At some point during this whole two day outrage - anyone notice

• No animal cruelty, etc
I did. And I was particularly happy to see the first item on your list. Not to mention the clips of McDowell. :D

Lyter011
03-09-2007, 12:52 PM
All I hope is that the score fits the movie. After watching the H6 P-cut with the original score dubbed over it, it really doesn't fit the movie at all, whereas H20 I thought would have greatly benefited from a more traditional halloween score as opposed to the orchestral version we got. I don't really mind if the theme is in or not, just that it fits the mood and tone of the movie. So if the original score does im all for it, if a new version or something completely different created by Bates then im all for that. One thing is for sure and that is that we wont know the answer to that question until we at least see a trailer and even then maybe not until we see the actual movie.

Monte
03-09-2007, 12:56 PM
After watching the H6 P-cut with the original score dubbed over it, it really doesn't fit the movie at all

I thought I was the only person who felt that way. It's not really the "original" theme, though. My guess is that it was temp music.

shoe1985
03-09-2007, 01:14 PM

• No animal cruelty, etc

You can thank Dimension for the third item. I heard that a lot of the people were like, "What is he thinking with that crap?" He was watched pretty closely when he handed in each draft. I hear this newest one is actually a pretty good representation of what a horror movie should be. We will see though.

Masked Madman
03-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Sweet, im glad the theme is going to be in.

shoe1985
03-09-2007, 01:23 PM
As for the theme, I feel some of the sequels overused it. Like in H4 it was perfect in the beginning setting up Michael to be taken away from the ward. I believe it should be used to introduce Michael. I am not sure how the setup is in this movie, but if they go the route similar to H1 when Michael kills Judith and they show his eyes and backup, the theme would fit perfectly. Now I don't want to read the script, so I am waiting till the actual release of the movie, I don't want to get my hopes up and have them ruined. I just like hearing the news, and giving my views on them.

Roswell
03-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Good to hear the theme is back.

Marabunta
03-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Would be nice if the theme is back to just the piano notes, and not synthed / scored / rocked up. Always felt it lost something the more they gave it the jazzmatazz !

Todd 78
03-09-2007, 01:38 PM

Good .... Wait now I have nothing to complain about since that was my one gripe.:godno: I am just thrilled on how everthing is looking. My one major gripe was the lack of theme, which thankfully turned out to be a false alarm

alfabit1
03-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Hallelujah, the theme is back - peeps can stop jumping off cliffs now. All in all, things are looking pretty good. And dammit, somebody go to my site and tell me what you think of my H9 / remake theme! Where's the love?
I was also very glad to hear the gore has been kept down.

Femanizer
03-09-2007, 02:10 PM
The theme is back I feel the same way I felt when it was gone....excited to see what Rob can do with the movie if the fans will leave him the hell alone.

Khan
03-09-2007, 02:17 PM
MTV better issue an apology about this, or at least fire a few people.

Femanizer
03-09-2007, 02:19 PM
haha people losing their jobs for misquoting someone over music in a movie? Yeah that's not harsh.

Khan
03-09-2007, 02:25 PM
The head of Cartoon Network stepped down after the fake bomb scare, so it isn't out of the question.

The thing is that this news item made it past MTV editors and some pretty high up people.

As a former journalism student, I learned about making sure that news items in a story are accurate.

freethy
03-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Well, I am glad to hear the theme is back. I don't care what anyone says, I know what I like to hear, and i didn't like what I heard 2 days ago. You can call me what you want, say what you like, but I know what i'm all about on this subject and no one's gonna tell me i'm "whining" without getting a bullet to the head haha

Todd 78
03-09-2007, 02:28 PM
The head of Cartoon Network stepped down after the fake bomb scare, so it isn't out of the question.

The thing is that this news item made it past MTV editors and some pretty high up people.

Yeah because because misquoting someone about music for a movie, and creating a bomb scare are the same?:rolleyes:

renee30152
03-09-2007, 02:28 PM
AWESOME! I am happy he is using the theme. The theme rocks! :D

Khan
03-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Yeah because because misquoting someone about music for a movie, and creating a bomb scare are the same?:rolleyes:

Yes, I used a wide comparison, but you know what I am getting at.:nodsmile:

Femanizer
03-09-2007, 02:32 PM
OK just to restate, no one would get fired for riling up a bunch of fanboys who have too much time on their hands...no one.

MischievousSpirit
03-09-2007, 02:33 PM
All I know is, that I can't wait to see the trailer for it!

Khan
03-09-2007, 02:43 PM
OK just to restate, no one would get fired for riling up a bunch of fanboys who have too much time on their hands...no one.

The person who reported it sure is in trouble, as it is up to them to write an accurate account of what is said and what goes on.

Yes, it is a minor point, but like in any job, accuracy is important.

This goes beyond some mad "fanboys" and into journalistic integrity, which seems to be absent from MTV.

Masked Madman
03-09-2007, 02:45 PM
MTV has alot missing from it besides journalistic integrity...

Diesel
03-09-2007, 02:48 PM

I am very pleased to hear this news, it wouldn't be a Halloween Film without the theme. This is going to be a great movie.

later,
D

renee30152
03-09-2007, 02:51 PM
I remember when they had music videos on MTV. It sucks right now.

Khan
03-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Muchmusic in Canada isn't any better.

I don't keep up with the new music videos because they suck.

On topic, I seem to have made a complete fool of myself.:crazy:

alfabit1
03-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Hell I forgot MTV still exists these days.

freethy
03-09-2007, 03:14 PM
MT what?

Silverpsycho
03-09-2007, 03:17 PM

All I have to say is Thank God! Like I said, I would see it either way but in knowing the theme is back...it just makes me happy aagain. HalloweeN requires that theme just like Myers and Loomis are essential characters. The theme is a character in itself. Thank you for the awesome news Man In Black. I should have known Mtv would screw up with the latest. :rolleyes:

EvilOnTwoLegs
03-09-2007, 03:31 PM
As for the theme, I feel some of the sequels overused it. Like in H4 it was perfect in the beginning setting up Michael to be taken away from the ward. I believe it should be used to introduce Michael. I am not sure how the setup is in this movie, but if they go the route similar to H1 when Michael kills Judith and they show his eyes and backup, the theme would fit perfectly. Now I don't want to read the script, so I am waiting till the actual release of the movie, I don't want to get my hopes up and have them ruined. I just like hearing the news, and giving my views on them.
I agree on overuse of the theme. While the variation used in H4 isn't my favorite, its use in the opening is incredible. The juxtaposition of sound and images is fantastic and I still get chills when the theme kicks in. But if you overuse the theme, its power is diminished.

This goes beyond some mad "fanboys" and into journalistic integrity, which seems to be absent from MTV.MTV has no journalistic integrity? What a shocker! :bastard:

Muchmusic in Canada isn't any better.

I don't keep up with the new music videos because they suck.

On topic, I seem to have made a complete fool of myself.:crazy:
Yeah, I used to love Muchmusic, actually. It was a great alternative to MTV back in the day...but it seems to be walking down the same ill-fated road at this point.

DarthMyers
03-09-2007, 04:10 PM
YAY BEER!!!! I'm interested in seeing Malcolm's performance as Loomis. Dare I say it might even be better than Pleasance?!

Ducks from stones

Inhumane
03-09-2007, 04:22 PM

Glad to hear it.

But where are all those people who were saying that they were happy that the theme wouldn't be in Zombie's film??? What are there thoughts now?? Or are they just going to keep twisting their viewpoints at any given moment just so they can continue to blindly follow Zombie's every whim???

Personally, as I always maintained, the theme had to be in this movie, and I'm glad that Zombie has decided to use it. It's one of the very few things he's done right at this point.

Dark Agent
03-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I used to love Muchmusic, actually. It was a great alternative to MTV back in the day...but it seems to be walking down the same ill-fated road at this point.

And Canadas Much More Music (MMM) is starting to follow both MTV and Much Music aswell, sadly.

Superman
03-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Some news which I'm sure will make everyone sleep better:D The mask? The theme? Nope - read on.

From HM.com
We also wanted to address what's happening with Heather Bowen! Heather won a walk-on role in the next HALLOWEEN movie in a contest at the 25th Anniversary Convention... you can see Moustapha Akkad declaring her the winner in a bonus segment on the Halloween: 25 Years of Terror DVD. We receive lots of emails asking if Heather is still going to be in the movie and the answer is YES. Her scene was supposed to be filmed today, but the schedule changed and the producers are working her into another scene shortly. We have asked Heather to provide a written account of her experience, and we'll post that when the time comes.
Thanks..that good news.

I am not a fan of Rob's movies either, and would take Resurrection over those two any day. At first I hated H8, but it has grown on me over time.

Thank you....finally a voice of reason.

Excellent. Thanks once again for keeping us posted. I'm a happy once again:D

Ooooh, I'm a happy camper, I love the summer sun. I love the trees and forest, I'm always having fun! Ooooh, I'm a happy camper, I love the clear blue sky, and with the grace of God, I'll camp until I die!.....whoops....wrong movie.:roflmao:

Ha ha.....let's all complain about Canada. :rock:

ALDO
03-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Glad to hear it.

But where are all those people who were saying that they were happy that the theme wouldn't be in Zombie's film??? What are there thoughts now?? Or are they just going to keep twisting their viewpoints at any given moment just so they can continue to blindly follow Zombie's every whim???

Personally, as I always maintained, the theme had to be in this movie, and I'm glad that Zombie has decided to use it. It's one of the very few things he's done right at this point.

I would imagine they would be somewhat disappointed that it is indeed included. Y'know, because " It worked 30 year's ago and wouldn't work now".

The Dark Shape
03-09-2007, 04:47 PM
I said it didn't matter to me either way -- and it still doesn't.

scoob
03-09-2007, 04:51 PM
I think the MTV reporter probably did report what Rob said, but it was taken well out of context. As usual.

If anyone is to blame, it is probably the people that jumped on the bandwagon from the get-go, with no proof apart from that interview.

I think MTV is awful but I am thankful they atleast covered something of the Halloween film. In interviews, I always try to take the words quoted with a bit of salt. Just like Malcolm McDowell when he describes his Loomis character.

DarthMyers
03-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Well after viewing the interview with Rob on MTV. I have to say that from what he says it seems there may be more to this than I gave him credit for.

Alot of what he mentioned makes sense, the coincidences, Loomis' motivation and situation, more Brackett. I'm even starting to warm up on his take on Michael. Hearing him actually speak about it helps put it in perspective for me. I might even go so far as to say that his conviction and respect for the original may even make this a good film. The proof will be in the pudding obviously, but after watching the videos, hearing him talk about it and why he's doing what he's doing clicked for me.
I also liked seeing Tyler in full gear actually walking. Rob was right, an actor in the part makes a difference rather than a stuntman.
I'm getting a little tingly inside now.

shoe1985
03-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Well after viewing the interview with Rob on MTV. I have to say that from what he says it seems there may be more to this than I gave him credit for.

Alot of what he mentioned makes sense, the coincidences, Loomis' motivation and situation, more Brackett. I'm even starting to warm up on his take on Michael. Hearing him actually speak about it helps put it in perspective for me. I might even go so far as to say that his conviction and respect for the original may even make this a good film. The proof will be in the pudding obviously, but after watching the videos, hearing him talk about it and why he's doing what he's doing clicked for me.
I also liked seeing Tyler in full gear actually walking. Rob was right, an actor in the part makes a difference rather than a stuntman.

I am getting excited about this movie. I hope this has an actual Halloween feel to it, something the last few sequels have been missing. Actually the last Halloween to have the Halloween season feel was probably H4. It must be fun making a Halloween movie in winter.

Femanizer
03-09-2007, 05:18 PM
from Rob's blog:

MTV

Now I get it, MTV misunderrstood what I was saying about the music. Oh well, I am still shooting and haven't even begin to explore the music side of things yet.

I always planned on using the original theme since the begininng.

mattnotis
03-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Glad to hear the theme will be in the movie. Now let's all put our torches away.

Also, any word as to when we'll see the teaser trailer???

scoob
03-09-2007, 05:38 PM

Ive been getting a positive vibe about this ever since I fully read the draft script and realized that when it was a finished draft, it could really be something amazing. The MTV clips have just made me go a little over the top. I dont think I have been more excited about a Halloween film, certainly not since I knew about the 4th film.
I've been very negative about the whole idea of Rob Zombie being aboard since it was announced, up until a few weeks ago, so I have to admit I have changed my view something drastically.

WhiteZombie
03-09-2007, 05:58 PM
But where are all those people who were saying that they were happy that the theme wouldn't be in Zombie's film??? What are there thoughts now?? Or are they just going to keep twisting their viewpoints at any given moment just so they can continue to blindly follow Zombie's every whim???.

Who was ever happy about it? I think some people, including myself, just accepted the fact that if Rob says the theme wasint fitting into the movie (or at least what MTV had us thinking), then we were willing to accept that, and hope that the new theme would be good. I dont think anybody was actually happy it wasint there, cause so many people just hate that theme right?:crazy:

DarthMyers
03-09-2007, 05:59 PM
This is how I feel about this film.

Sung by David Hasselhoff..

Ouga Chaka ouga

I can't stop this feeling
Deep inside of me
Girl, you just don't realize
What you do to me
When you hold me
In your arms so tight
You let me know
Everything's all right, ahahah

I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
That you're in love with me

Lips as sweet as candy
Their taste stays on my mind
Girl, you keep me thirsty
For another cup of wine

I got it bad for you girl
But I don't need a cure
I'll just stay addicted
If I can endure
All the good love
When we're all alone
Keep it up girl
Yeah, you turn me on

I'mmm, I'mmm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
All the good love
When we're all alone
Keep it up girl
Yeah, you turn me on

Ahaha I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing

I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing

I say I'm hooked on a feeling
And I'm high on believing
I'm hooked on a feeling

Superman
03-09-2007, 06:04 PM
LKu_QA8Bn9o

DarthMyers
03-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Classic!

scoob
03-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Hoff is a genius. I want Ghosthouse III.