PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie's Halloween: Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Thurisaz
01-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Here's the discussion thread.

The last few threads in the old setup were turning into jumbled messes. So we had to do something about it.

The thread is for any discussion of news, rumors, or whatever else you can come up with regarding Rob Zombie's Halloween.

Spoilers are allowed, but specific plot points must be posted with spoiler tags. When you go to the reply screen, click on the red S icon and that will provide you with spoiler tags.

Here's an example of what should be tagged and what should not be:

__________________________________________________ __________

The following statements would not be spoilers:
Malcolm McDowell is going to play Loomis!

I hear the mask is gonna look the same as the original in this movie!

I'm not happy with direction this movie is going, it sounds too gory and Michael is completely humanized in this film!

The following statements would be spoiler:
Michael slices Judith up with a chainsaw in this movie!

The script says Loomis runs over Michael 12 times in a Hummer!

I really don't like the Rob Zombie cameo scene where he stabs John Carpenter and dances on his dead body :(

Of course those are all fake, but you get the picture.

So again, have fun and play nice :)

The Dark Shape
01-20-2007, 10:25 AM
The little boy from Spy Kids is going to be playing (I assume) Tommy Doyle? Maybe he'll bring his hot, now legal movie sister along.

Roswell
01-20-2007, 11:09 AM
From Zombie's Myspace:

"SHERIFF BRACKETT
There is a new Sheriff in Haddonfield and his name is BRAD DOURIF. Enjoy fuckers!"

I know ChuckyDarko is going to shit himself when he hears this.

Superman
01-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Cool...now we have a true horror movie cross over. Chucky going after Myers.

ALDO
01-20-2007, 11:15 AM
From Zombie's Myspace:

"SHERIFF BRACKETT
There is a new Sheriff in Haddonfield and his name is BRAD DOURIF. Enjoy fuckers!"

I am one such fucker who is loving the fact that Brad Dourif is the new Sheriff!

mcilroga
01-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Damn, that makes me happy but it also makes me a little sad. I think Rob's stopped posting here after all the horseshit that happened. He used to tell us to "go over to his MySpace for a special surprise" or just tell us. Not anymore it seems. Sucks. :(

Not for another four days when he finishes masturbating. :bastard:

Man In Black
01-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Another one of these:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/37ff6317e0.jpg

Cast so far
MALCOLM McDOWELL ... Dr. Sam Loomis
DAEG FAERCH ... Michael Myers (Young)
TYLER MANE ... Michael Myers (Adult)
DANIELLE HARRIS ... Annie Brackett
BRAD DOURIF ... Sheriff Brackett
SHERI MOON ZOMBIE ... Deborah Myers
HANNA HALL ... Judith Myers
WILLIAM FORSYTHE ... Ronnie White
DEE WALLACE STONE ... Cynthia Strode
PAT SKIPPER ... Mason Strode
DANNY TREJO ... Ismael Cruz
LEW TEMPLE ... Nole Kluggs
KEN FOREE ... Big Joe Grizzley
ADRIENNE BARBEAU ... Unknown at present
CLINT HOWARD ... Unknown at present
COURTNEY GAINS ... Unknown at present
DARYL SABARA ... Unknown at present

Gerry f'n D
01-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I wonder if Adrienne Barbeau will be cast as Marion Chambers?.Going by that picture she reminds me slightly of the character.

cheers

H-Field Hero
01-20-2007, 12:37 PM
I wonder if Adrienne Barbeau will be cast as Marion Chambers?.Going by that picture she reminds me slightly of the character.

cheersI like Marion being a young-middle aged woman like she is in Halloween. But zombie could go either way with it. I would certainly rather have Adrienne than some hot chick with double DD's playing the role.

Phatty Matty
01-20-2007, 12:41 PM

cheers

Slick as hell buddy, you could of definitely hit the nail on the head.

I've always said I've liked the casting, and now with Dourif being cast as Brackett it really interests me. Other then, of course, Chucky I haven't seen him act in any movies (to my knowledge). But I've heard good things. Still, Ken Foree is in this movie and will probably be killed by Myers. So I'm down.

The Dark Shape
01-20-2007, 12:42 PM
You haven't seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

...I'd bet money Adrienne Barbeau is playing Mrs. Loomis.

Phatty Matty
01-20-2007, 12:45 PM
You haven't seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

Nope, pretty sad eh?

Superman
01-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Nope, pretty sad eh?

No...not really.

Phatty Matty
01-20-2007, 12:50 PM
I dunno, my Dad always tells me it's a damn good movie.

Franchise
01-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Back to topic, gents. It's a great movie, by and by.

Dark Agent
01-20-2007, 12:53 PM
It's pretty interesting to see that this movie is gonna have three deiffirent types of actors.

1. The Well known/famous celebrities that everyone either loves or hates.

2. The Actors who use to be well known but fell of the radar years ago.

3. The unkowns/n00bs.:bastard:

Man In Black
01-20-2007, 01:03 PM
A few guesses who the four newer cast members could be playing:

Adrianne
• Ellen Loomis?
• Lisa Grey?

Clint
• Principal Erics?
• Councilman Edwards?
• Morgan Walker?
• Luke Grey?
• Bill Judge?
• Derek Allen?
• Grant Clark?
• Stan Campbell?
• Aaron Kramer?

Courtney
• Kendall Jacks?
• Lt. Charles?
• Earl Hicks?

Daryl
• Tommy Doyle?
• Wesley Rhoades?
• Shane Williams?

zombieloomis
01-20-2007, 01:19 PM
anyone find out more info about this?
Here's some more gems:
From someone who read the script at Dread Central:

Spoilers, I guess...

Quote:
Or hey, how about the bit where Ellen Loomis and her friend are talking about Sam Loomis' obsession with Michael Myers, and they mention that Michael Myers has a cult of fanatical followers who wear "WWMD" (What Would Michael Do) t-shirts?

No, I'm not making this up.

Quote:
A bit more:

Remember how Rob stated it would take place in 1978? That's a half-truth. Michael's backstory occurs in `78, but his escape and subsequent kills all happen in 2007.

Oh, and while Ryan was correct in pointing out that Michael does indeed only say a single word, it should also be noted that he says it over and over and over again, something like fifteen times in the script.

Quote:
In this script, he's long been famous because Loomis published two tell-all bestsellers about him. When Loomis meets Brackett, the sheriff actually produces a copy of the book, with a picture of Michael on the cover. At this point, Loomis launches into his "blackest eyes, the Devil's eyes" speech.

And no, this is the real deal. Sadly.

Quote:
As I said, the worst bit really is the means of his escape that I mentioned. Seriously, the two orderlies decide to rape an attractive retarded girl, and they think it's a great idea to do it in Michael's room, right in front of him. Zombie lets the whole scene play out. They strip her in front of Michael, rape her twice, then offer her to him, saying things like "I got her hole all warmed up for ya! Want some pussy, Mikey? What are ya, a faggot?" And then he crushes their windpipes, storms out, and smashes a security guard over the head with a television monitor.

CyanideAssassin
01-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Here's some more gems:

Spoilers, I guess...

Quote:
Or hey, how about the bit where Ellen Loomis and her friend are talking about Sam Loomis' obsession with Michael Myers, and they mention that Michael Myers has a cult of fanatical followers who wear "WWMD" (What Would Michael Do) t-shirts?

Quote:
A bit more:

Remember how Rob stated it would take place in 1978? That's a half-truth. Michael's backstory occurs in `78, but his escape and subsequent kills all happen in 2007.

Oh, and while Ryan was correct in pointing out that Michael does indeed only say a single word, it should also be noted that he says it over and over and over again, something like fifteen times in the script.

Quote:
In this script, he's long been famous because Loomis published two tell-all bestsellers about him. When Loomis meets Brackett, the sheriff actually produces a copy of the book, with a picture of Michael on the cover. At this point, Loomis launches into his "blackest eyes, the Devil's eyes" speech.

Quote:
As I said, the worst bit really is the means of his escape that I mentioned. Seriously, the two orderlies decide to rape an attractive retarded girl, and they think it's a great idea to do it in Michael's room, right in front of him. Zombie lets the whole scene play out. They strip her in front of Michael, rape her twice, then offer her to him, saying things like "I got her hole all warmed up for ya! Want some pussy, Mikey? What are ya, a faggot?" And then he crushes their windpipes, storms out, and smashes a security guard over the head with a television monitor.

Yeah, there are now at least two people (besides Ain't it Cool and Fangoria) who claim to have read the script now, one in the Dread Central forums (who posted the spoilers that you quoted) and at least one other in the Bloody Disgusting forums. Both are regular posters on their respective boards and not just someone who signed up to talk about the script. They've both confirmed that these scenes are in the script that they read. They also both think that the script is truly awful, they seem to dislike it alot more than Quint at Ain't it Cool. Quint at least thinks there's hope with a rewrite, these guys seem to think the script is completely hopeless. There is at least one other person out there that may have the script in their possession as well, but they haven't read the whole thing yet.

It's probably only a matter of time before this script is leaked onto the net, probably quite soon actually.

Gerry f'n D
01-20-2007, 02:27 PM
I've always said I've liked the casting, and now with Dourif being cast as Brackett it really interests me. Other then, of course, Chucky I haven't seen him act in any movies (to my knowledge).

He played a character called Grima Wormtongue in Lord Of The Rings:The Two Towers.He also played the Gas station attendant (I think at the start of the movie) Urban Legend.

cheers

Firpo
01-20-2007, 02:33 PM
He played a character called Grima Wormtongue in Lord Of The Rings:The Two Towers.He also played the Gas station attendant (I think at the start of the movie) Urban Legend.

cheers

He also played the exterminator in Stephen King's "Graveyard Shift". I think Dourif is the perfect pic for Brackett.

Superman
01-20-2007, 02:34 PM
He also played the Gas station attendant (I think at the start of the movie) Urban Legend.

cheers
That stuttering fool? I did not know that.

PG Soul
01-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Rob has the tricky task of satisfying the purists, the ardent horror/cult movie fans and also reaching out to a whole new fan base.

It's a tricky kind of beast to juggle, however, I am hoping he doesn't have to sacrifice much in terms of artistic integrity.

This movie will probably be the one that either makes or breaks the future of the whole Michael Myers mythos.

At the end of the day it's a not a sequel, rather a re-telling and re-intepretation of the Myers zeitgeist and the origins behind this figure and his motives.

I sense that all other characters in this project wil be ancillary and the crux of the storyline revolves around Myers.

Whether or not we want to delve behind the mask and strip the character down so that we ultimately have the humanisation effect, well that view varies from fan to fan.

But hey, whatever, it's happening now, so no point in quibbling, let's wait and see what actually gets cooked up in the kitchen.

Todd
01-20-2007, 03:47 PM
If Daryl Sabara is going to be Tommy Doyle, doesn't he look a little to old to need a babysitter?

creaturefeature
01-20-2007, 04:08 PM
By theTodd
If Daryl Sabara is going to be Tommy Doyle, doesn't he look a little to old to need a babysitter? I agree I just don't see it.He has to be playing somebody else.

CyanideAssassin
01-20-2007, 04:12 PM
If Daryl Sabara is going to be Tommy Doyle, doesn't he look a little to old to need a babysitter?

Daryl Sabara is going to be 15. I was watching the original Halloween at home alone at least 3 years before that age.

JackPumpkinhead
01-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Going by Daryl's age, it seems more appropriate that he would be one of the bullies and not Tommy.

TommyDoyle2
01-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Is Courtney running for a good guy or a bad guy role? I want him back in bad guy form. No one was more threatning than Malachi! Smith Grove mental patient/psycho perhaps? Or evil orderly?

JamieLloydFan
01-21-2007, 05:02 AM

Agreed he looks to old to require a babysitter. Although there is a point i think we are all missing! Where does it say that Laurie or Annie are Babysitters in this movie? Remember this a reworking with new Characters and some familar Character names (These could be played in a very different way to what we all ready know!)

kooshdidude
01-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Here's some more gems:

Spoilers, I guess...

Quote:

Quote:
A bit more:

Quote:

Quote:

I like these ideas, well except from the whole rape thing. That's a bit strange.

Shamrock-Robot
01-21-2007, 08:35 AM
I like these ideas, well except from the whole rape thing. That's a bit strange.

Yeah I like those ideas too, Everything ive heard so far sounds awesome, I even like the rape scene idea As for people not liking it what did u expect a walt disney Halloween?, Horror movies are meant to be sick and bizarre and sometimes disturbing.

Masked Madman
01-21-2007, 08:50 AM
I like most of the ideas that are in the script, sure some of them seem disturbing and different, but thats how it should be. Im just happy Rob is presenting new ideas and not trying to duplicate the original...

TommyDoyle2
01-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah I like those ideas too, Everything ive heard so far sounds awesome, I even like the rape scene idea As for people not liking it what did u expect a walt disney Halloween?, Horror movies are meant to be sick and bizarre and sometimes disturbing.

No offense, and I respect that you have your opinion, but strongly disagree. The Disney comment is a little off. Lots of films have been disturbing without having to resort to something as brutal and heart wrenching as rape. Rape isn't hardcore, nor does it make your film less Walt. It just proves that you need to shock people (and after Larry Clark's KIDS, is impossible for me) There are a million ways Michael could have busted out, leaving the audience disturbed. But Zombie chose rape, which just makes me roll my eyes. The guy is known for making 'hard core' films. Fine, but when it goes into this territory, I feel it's tacky. Halloween 1 had a scene of a sillouetted shape watching Tommy watching him from across the street. That was disturbing. Seeing a girl getting raped by two sick orderlies is just cheap and not consequential to the plot. TCM had a torture scene that too was played out, but at least it was used to show how far this family had slipped into dementia. KIDS had hardcore scenes, used to show how anti-social and aimless the character's were. But why do I need to know two orderlies who are never going to be seen again are rapists? Is this hard-core? I think it's distasteful, but then again I'll wait to see how it plays out. A horror film doesn't need to throw out the big book of class, subtley or taste either. Just ask Carpenter.

Shamrock-Robot
01-21-2007, 09:05 AM
No offense, and I respect that you have your opinion, but strongly disagree. The Disney comment is a little off. Lots of films have been disturbing without having to resort to something as brutal and heart wrenching as rape. Rape isn't hardcore, nor does it make your film less Walt. It just proves that you need to shock people (and after Larry Clark's KIDS, is impossible for me) There are a million ways Michael could have busted out, leaving the audience disturbed. But Zombie chose rape, which just makes me roll my eyes. The guy is known for making 'hard core' films. Fine, but when it goes into this territory, I feel it's tacky. Halloween 1 had a scene of a sillouetted shape watching Tommy watching him from across the street. That was disturbing. Seeing a girl getting raped by two sick orderlies is just cheap and not consequential to the plot. TCM had a torture scene that too was played out, but at least it was used to show how far this family had slipped into dementia. KIDS had hardcore scenes, used to show how anti-social and aimless the character's were. But why do I need to know two orderlies who are never going to be seen again are rapists? Is this hard-core? I think it's distasteful, but then again I'll wait to see how it plays out. A horror film doesn't need to throw out the big book of class, subtley or taste either. Just ask Carpenter.

Well from what I read The rape scene is actually a key plot point because while the 2 guys are raping the girl they have the door open and Michael sees his opening and runs out of the room and escapes, So if that is true then the rape scene is pretty important for leading into Michaels escape, And I like it because it sounds unique and interesting.

TommyDoyle2
01-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Well from what I read The rape scene is actually a key plot point because while the 2 guys are raping the girl they have the door open and Michael sees his opening and runs out of the room and escapes, So if that is true then the rape scene is pretty important for leading into Michaels escape, And I like it because it sounds unique and interesting.

Key plot point? Like it couldn't of been handled any other way than a girl getting brutally raped? They could have attacked Michael himself with billy clubs, only for him to fight back, take them both out and escape. Why rape? The key plot point is, Michael escapes when two orderlies somehow fuck up. Rape in films is something which needs to be handled VERY carefully, considering the number of it's victims, and using it in such a pointless way, to achieve some kind of 'shock' from an audience is a little low. It doesn't sound very unique either. It just sounds like Rob Zombie wanted a rape scene in a film that doesn't need one to enhance it's plot.

Todd
01-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Michael escapes by either running out the door while orderlies are raping a girl or by crushing their throats afterwards?
No matter which way it happens, the rape would be unnecessary.
Michael could simply overwhelm the orderlies and kill them regardless of whether or not they are otherwise engaged. He's Michael Myers, not Pee Wee Herman. Somehow, I doubt that this scene will make it into the final cut.

CyanideAssassin
01-21-2007, 09:46 AM
The reason I don't like the rape scene is because it is unoriginal and unimaginative. Kill Bill anyone? It sounds like a 15 year-old metalhead's version of what he would expect in Zombie's Halloween, including the dialogue. No sir, I don't like it.

Shamrock-Robot
01-21-2007, 09:54 AM
I understand what you guys are saying, It may be a bit distasteful, But Rob Zombie is clearly a grim and raunchy style filmmaker, The original Halloween was classy in the way it was made but still managed to be scary, By the way it looks like Rob is going for a more grim and raunchy disturbing version of Halloween, And I think it is the best way to go if the film will be its own instead of a pure clone, This style Rob has chose will also thankfully pull Halloween out of the Dawsons Creek style which has been in the last few films, But if some of these things that were mentioned in the script do bother you be prepared to not like this movie, Robs got a sick and twisted mind, Just look at HO1000C TDR, I expect him to use it on this film, Maybe this can make Michael scary again.

TommyDoyle2
01-21-2007, 10:02 AM
I understand what you guys are saying, It may be a bit distasteful, But Rob Zombie is clearly a grim and raunchy style filmmaker, The original Halloween was classy in the way it was made but still managed to be scary, By the way it looks like Rob is going for a more grim and raunchy disturbing version of Halloween, And I think it is the best way to go if the film will be its own instead of a pure clone, This style Rob has chose will also thankfully pull Halloween out of the Dawsons Creek style which has been in the last few films, But if some of these things that were mentioned in the script do bother you be prepared to not like this movie, Robs got a sick and twisted mind, Just look at HO1000C TDR, I expect him to use it on this film, Maybe this can make Michael scary again.

Raunchy is a term for imagry that is sexually appealing. Rape is not sexually appealing in anyway unless you're a sociopath. Rape doesn't need to be included to move the franchise away from the Dawsons Creek vibe that I personally hated as much as anyone. Rob is a middle aged man for Gods sake. Sick and twisted mind? He should know better, and with his artistic experiance know it's unnessacary. All a scene like that would do is make a large percentage of people ask- "What the fuck is wrong with Rob Zombie?"

TommyDoyle2
01-21-2007, 10:09 AM
The reason I don't like the rape scene It sounds like a 15 year-old metalhead's version of what he would expect in Zombie's Halloween, including the dialogue.

Couldn't agree more. There's been a serious back and forth with me concerning Rob's ideas. The cast kicks ass and I nearly damn well wet myself when I read Courtney Gains was going to be in this with McDowell, Danielle, Dee...and then I read this. A pointless, gross scene with no artistic merit that's meant to appeal to...whom?

Todd
01-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Couldn't agree more. There's been a serious back and forth with me concerning Rob's ideas. The cast kicks ass and I nearly damn well wet myself when I read Courtney Gains was going to be in this with McDowell, Danielle, Dee...and then I read this. A pointless, gross scene with no artistic merit that's meant to appeal to...whom?
I agree with you on that. I want a true horror movie, not a gross out gag fest. RZ said he would focus more on suspense than gore, so I'm taking his word for it, but the rape scene? That would be disturbing, but this would be the case no matter what kind of movie it's in. The very term "Halloween" conotates some element of the supernatural, and I hope Rob Zombie keeps that in mind as he's making this movie. No, we don't need the Thorn cult or some kind of curse, but just the hint of something otherworldly would suffice. What we've heard about the script in terms of Michaels behavior seems more akin to TCM than the original Halloween. With that said, we don't know how it will all turn out. We're going by what a few other people have said about an early draft of the script. A lot of things could change before the movie is in theaters. I'm still hopeful and will continue to be until I have a good reason not to.

samhain51
01-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Ya know I was thinking who would be cast to play the part of DR . WYNN . Im curious to see what happens with that also who will play Lauries adopted MOTHER!!!

Shamrock-Robot
01-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Raunchy is a term for imagry that is sexually appealing. Rape is not sexually appealing in anyway unless you're a sociopath. Rape doesn't need to be included to move the franchise away from the Dawsons Creek vibe that I personally hated as much as anyone. Rob is a middle aged man for Gods sake. Sick and twisted mind? He should know better, and with his artistic experiance know it's unnessacary. All a scene like that would do is make a large percentage of people ask- "What the fuck is wrong with Rob Zombie?"

Raunchy is a word that means dirty,disgusting, and so on.

CyanideAssassin
01-21-2007, 10:57 AM
The very term "Halloween" conotates some element of the supernatural, and I hope Rob Zombie keeps that in mind as he's making this movie. No, we don't need the Thorn cult or some kind of curse, but just the hint of something otherworldly would suffice.

I don't think that's going to happen.

Shamrock-Robot
01-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Ya know I was thinking who would be cast to play the part of DR . WYNN . Im curious to see what happens with that also who will play Lauries adopted MOTHER!!!

Im not sure but i dont think Dr Wynn is included in this version, Also I think Dee Wallace Stone is playing Laurie's adopted mother.

ghettomyers
01-21-2007, 11:35 AM
for some reason i like the rape scene, i dont know i guess cause its different but as long as they dont show the actual raping i mean they can show mikey over there getting mad with all the teasing and maybe jus hearing the raping but as far as him escaping like that its cool to me especially when he kills the guy with the tv

Frazetta
01-21-2007, 11:56 AM
No offense, and I respect that you have your opinion, but strongly disagree. The Disney comment is a little off. Lots of films have been disturbing without having to resort to something as brutal and heart wrenching as rape. Rape isn't hardcore, nor does it make your film less Walt. It just proves that you need to shock people (and after Larry Clark's KIDS, is impossible for me) There are a million ways Michael could have busted out, leaving the audience disturbed. But Zombie chose rape, which just makes me roll my eyes. The guy is known for making 'hard core' films. Fine, but when it goes into this territory, I feel it's tacky. Halloween 1 had a scene of a sillouetted shape watching Tommy watching him from across the street. That was disturbing. Seeing a girl getting raped by two sick orderlies is just cheap and not consequential to the plot. TCM had a torture scene that too was played out, but at least it was used to show how far this family had slipped into dementia. KIDS had hardcore scenes, used to show how anti-social and aimless the character's were. But why do I need to know two orderlies who are never going to be seen again are rapists? Is this hard-core? I think it's distasteful, but then again I'll wait to see how it plays out. A horror film doesn't need to throw out the big book of class, subtley or taste either. Just ask Carpenter. If that scene is legit & ends up in the final version for the movie I have no problem with it. It actually reminds me quite abit of KillBill vol.1, which is a great visual scene.

fangface138
01-21-2007, 11:59 AM
if the rape thing is true, that would be reminiscent of the "ding-dong-rape" scene from a Clockwork Orange. And we know that C.O. is Rob's favorite movie. That would be a pretty brutal and riveting scene. I'm glad he's not pulling any punches. However, more and more people in this movie are seeming to be just as evil as Myers. Do you guys think it'll lessen Myers' potency as The Shape? I dunno, I also just want to see his untainted vision and then judge for myself.

Joe Kerr
01-21-2007, 12:02 PM
if the rape thing is true, that would be reminiscent of the "ding-dong-rape" scene from a Clockwork Orange. And we know that C.O. is Rob's favorite movie. That would be a pretty brutal and riveting scene. I'm glad he's not pulling any punches. However, more and more people in this movie are seeming to be just as evil as Myers. Do you guys think it'll lessen Myers' potency as The Shape? I dunno, I also just want to see his untainted vision and then judge for myself.

i was just about to post the A.C.O. bit....

nice thinking.

Frazetta
01-21-2007, 12:13 PM
if the rape thing is true, that would be reminiscent of the "ding-dong-rape" scene from a Clockwork Orange. And we know that C.O. is Rob's favorite movie. That would be a pretty brutal and riveting scene. I'm glad he's not pulling any punches. However, more and more people in this movie are seeming to be just as evil as Myers. Do you guys think it'll lessen Myers' potency as The Shape? I dunno, I also just want to see his untainted vision and then judge for myself. Verygood point about A Clockwork Orange. I too am glad that he's not pulling any punches but I don't think that there will be people as evil as Michael. There will be things that he sees from certain people that helps to form the evil inside of him

Psychoboys
01-21-2007, 12:20 PM
One important thing for me is, I hope Rob brings back the Halloween season feel to the franchise. In the original, and in the opening scenes of Pt. 4, I think it was, they just made it feel like Oct. Kinda silly maybe, but I just love that setting/feeling in my Halloween movies.

Masked Madman
01-21-2007, 12:23 PM
It definately needs the fall feel to it, seeing as Halloween is in fall...

Todd
01-21-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't think that's going to happen.
You may be right, but I think it should happen.
Nothing overt, mind you, but just a little something to make us wonder.

You make a good point.
Is there a risk of Myers being almost sympathetic?
It would seem so.

CyanideAssassin
01-21-2007, 12:43 PM
One important thing for me is, I hope Rob brings back the Halloween season feel to the franchise. In the original, and in the opening scenes of Pt. 4, I think it was, they just made it feel like Oct. Kinda silly maybe, but I just love that setting/feeling in my Halloween movies.

Nothing silly about that at all. One thing that makes the original Halloween so much better than all other films in its genre (including its sequels) is the atmosphere. Feeling like it really takes place on Halloween night is part of it.

CyanideAssassin
01-21-2007, 12:52 PM
You may be right, but I think it should happen.
Nothing overt, mind you, but just a little something to make us wonder.

Part of the mystique of October 31st is that it seems to have a sense of magic, probably a feeling brought on by countless Halloween myths and tales that were told to us about how Halloween and its customs came to be.

John Carpenter's original Halloween seems to capture that feeling just under the surface. It's partly gritty and real, yet there could be an element of the supernatural to it, it's not clear, and it's up to the viewer to make up their mind on what Michael actually was. Was he a man, or was there something else inside?

Horror Kitten
01-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Damn, that makes me happy but it also makes me a little sad. I think Rob's stopped posting here after all the horseshit that happened. He used to tell us to "go over to his MySpace for a special surprise" or just tell us. Not anymore it seems. Sucks. :(
What happened that Zombie isn't posting anymore??

freethy
01-21-2007, 01:08 PM
What happened that Zombie isn't posting anymore??

Personally I think he's just busy. Be silly if he stopped posting because some people say baaaad things about him.

Superman
01-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Maybe if they started saying goooood things about him, he'd post more?

freethy
01-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Maybe if they started saying goooood things about him, he'd post more?

You can't expect everyone to like you or your work. There are gonna be critics. Fact of life.

Frazetta
01-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Personally I think he's just busy. Be silly if he stopped posting because some people say baaaad things about him. I agree here. Zombie has been casting, shooting the fake trailer for Grindhouse & finishing up preparation for Halloween to start shooting. He's not exactly sitting around with a bunch of free time on his hands.

Evan_the_kid
01-21-2007, 01:47 PM
I never liked any of rob's other movies and im not looking forword to this one although i plan to see it opening day

Joe Kerr
01-21-2007, 01:49 PM
so, do you think mike will live in the end of this film?

i do, but the evil aspect was pretty much deleted from his history,

but it could ADD to the original twist,
since we Know michaels backstory, and everyone thinks he's just an abused child, even the audience, but Loomis keeps preaching the "evil" speach.

and in the end Loomis is right,

Michael IS unstoppable,

just throwing that out there.

mcilroga
01-21-2007, 02:02 PM
There are gonna be critics, any director knows this. The problem is, "we" aren't constructive. I mean, read the comments. "Zombie is a douchebag who's ruining everything."

Then again, he could just be busy. Just my personal opinion though.

Frazetta
01-21-2007, 04:56 PM
so, do you think mike will live in the end of this film?

i do, but the evil aspect was pretty much deleted from his history,

but it could ADD to the original twist,
since we Know michaels backstory, and everyone thinks he's just an abused child, even the audience, but Loomis keeps preaching the "evil" speach.

and in the end Loomis is right,

Michael IS unstoppable,

just throwing that out there. I think it only makes sense for Michael to somehow survive this movie. If they want to take the time to restart the entire franchise I don't think they'll end it after one movie. The big question is how will it end?

shothim6times
01-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Zombie is a douchebag who's ruining everything
I honestly don't know how people can say that. What is there left to ruin?? The first series had been ruined for at least a decade. Zombie can't do anything worse than someone else would have done with an H9, 10 and so on.

Personally, Rob can do whatever he wants with this movie and I'll be fine with it. He can come up with any story he wants, include any scenes or characters he wants and that's cool. Because it isn't my movie, so who am I to bitch and moan about aspects of it that seem questionable. Plus no matter how it turns out, it will in no possible way change my opinion of the original film and how I view it. I am just looking forward to his take on this storyline and have been since he was announced as director. If it does end up being a bad movie and somehow soils the Halloween legacy, so what? The sun will still rise tomorrow.

TommyDoyle2
01-21-2007, 05:12 PM
I was looking more forward to an anime remake of Halloween, back when that rumor was floating around. The whole series could have been restarted that way, and I would have prefered that to an actual remake. But now I'm just sea-sawing with Zombie's ideas. One minute they are brilliant, the next lower class. One thing I'll say is the man is a genius when it comes to building the tension in real life. Just hope it translates to film.

Patrick1679
01-21-2007, 05:13 PM
During one of the interviews last year Rob said he was staying with the "classic" mask. But on the interview recently posted on the site, it looks like he may change the overalls? I can't picture Michael Myers wearing anything else. I'm hoping this is not true.

TommyDoyle2
01-21-2007, 05:21 PM
During one of the interviews last year Rob said he was staying with the "classic" mask. But on the interview recently posted on the site, it looks like he may change the overalls? I can't picture Michael Myers wearing anything else. I'm hoping this is not true.

If it is true, I'd like to know why such a change is needed. Keep the damn overalls. I don't care what else happens from here on in, but don't change the way he looks. And don't say- "Rob doesn't want to rehash" because I seriously can't see anyone shouting out in the theatre- "Oh shit! He's wearing the same old over-alls again! What a stinkin' rehash!". I'm sure Zombie knows better.

Frazetta
01-21-2007, 05:23 PM
The only thing I remember Zombie saying about the overalls were that they would be dirtier than in the original. Not a big deal & truthfully it's a wise move.

Patrick1679
01-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Good! I must have interpreted it wrong! I'm thrilled now. I hope the mask is the same as the first film.

Frazetta
01-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Good! I must have interpreted it wrong! I'm thrilled now. I hope the mask is the same as the first film. Zombie said that the mask would be the classic version. He also stated in one of his posts that the finished mask will be the best Myers has looked since 1978.

leechcode5
01-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Zombie said that the mask would be the classic version. He also stated in one of his posts that the finished mask will be the best Myers has looked since 1978.

That's one thing I can't wait to see, and I hope it lives up to Zombie's words.

I agree here. Zombie has been casting, shooting the fake trailer for Grindhouse & finishing up preparation for Halloween to start shooting. He's not exactly sitting around with a bunch of free time on his hands.

Rob Zombie posted on his MySpace (not the Halloween one) today: "WERWOLF WOMEN has wrapped production and could quite possible be the greatest motion picture ever made!" So, I guess the Grindhouse trailer is pretty done, so perhaps we'll get to hear from him again soon.

MM41
01-21-2007, 07:23 PM
http://a359.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/8/l_33183fac1e7599f7135dc7222752884e.jpg
Heres another poster I made. I dunno i was pretty bored lol. I think Rob has a good vision of what this new Halloween will be. I cant wait for the first trailer whenever that comes out..should be interesting.

JackPumpkinhead
01-21-2007, 07:34 PM
In regards to Michael's escape:

I know I might just get told that this isn't going to be like the original but does anyone else think that having a raping scene distracts from what's REALLY going on. I thought Michael's tension was building up to this one night, waiting for that signal to trigger him to bust out, but here it's like, "Oooo here's a good opportunity for me to escape by accident, no better time then now!"

Any thoughts?

Nice poster MM41. :)

creaturefeature
01-21-2007, 07:48 PM
By mm41-Heres another poster I made. I dunno i was pretty bored lol. I think Rob has a good vision of what this new Halloween will be. I cant wait for the first trailer whenever that comes out..should be interesting. Nice poster.

CyanideAssassin
01-21-2007, 07:51 PM
In regards to Michael's escape:

And they just happen to do the rape in Michael's room because there were no other rooms available, so why not pick the one with the most dangerous mass murderer in it to do the deed? On Halloween night no less, what a coincidence and how convenient for Mikey.

Frazetta
01-21-2007, 08:06 PM
And they just happen to do the rape in Michael's room because there were no other rooms available, so why not pick the one with the most dangerous mass murderer in it to do the deed? On Halloween night no less, what a coincidence and how convenient for Mikey.
Why would they care? Michael's basically an invalid that killed when he was a child. They have noway of knowing what Michael is capable of.

MM41
01-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks guys. I just need to find some better pics of Myers i cant seem to find anything else. I need new stuff and I could prob. make better. Back on topic...The escape thing: im really not a big fan of that also because it does take away the fiery evilness that Michael seemed to have when he escaped in the original, well atleast what they showed. Rob def. has to be reviewing some things in the script, but we'll see how it turns out.

Frazetta
01-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys. I just need to find some better pics of Myers i cant seem to find anything else. I need new stuff and I could prob. make better. Back on topic...The escape thing: im really not a big fan of that also because it does take away the fiery evilness that Michael seemed to have when he escaped in the original, well atleast what they showed. Rob def. has to be reviewing some things in the script, but we'll see how it turns out.
Truthfully though no one knows how Michael really broke out of his room. I could see all of this happening & something similar to the original with Loomis & Chambers pulling up the drive to find Michael hiding next.

Todd
01-21-2007, 08:16 PM
I think it only makes sense for Michael to somehow survive this movie. If they want to take the time to restart the entire franchise I don't think they'll end it after one movie. The big question is how will it end?
One of the script reviews said that a little bit of H2 was mixed in. That worries me a little because what part of that movie would be in RZ's version except for Michael and Loomis biting it together?

CyanideAssassin
01-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Why would they care? Michael's basically an invalid that killed when he was a child. They have noway of knowing what Michael is capable of.

Oh, come on. That's not really what seems to be coming from Zombie's script. It seems Michael is very talkative and active, there's no mention yet that he will be the catatonic mental patient we know from the original. Also, in this script he killed his whole family and possibly others making him a mass murderer. Plus he's 6'10", and his doctor is telling everybody how dangerous he is. Do you really think that they would grant just any hospital worker access to his cell? Does the janitor have access to his cell too? And considering his past reputation, they would do the deed in his cell rather than the other 99% of the patients in the hospital that probably aren't famous mass murderers? Not to mention, they conveniently do it on Halloween night, giving him the chance to escape.

UNLESS, the workers are actually celebrating Michael's "murder" day by offering him a victim, and they picked his cell because of who he is, but that doesn't seem to be coming from the script reports.

Still, I think Michael should escape on his own, not because of the actions of a couple of stupid hospital workers. It diminishes his power, and it's unbelievable because it seems to be happening due to coincidence now, instead of from the careful and determined planning of a deranged mind.

Frazetta
01-21-2007, 08:19 PM
One of the script reviews said that a little bit of H2 was mixed in. That worries me a little because what part of that movie would be in RZ's version except for Michael and Loomis biting it together? I think that means the entire Michael-Laurie sibling storyline.

Frazetta
01-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Oh, come on. That's not really what seems to be coming from Zombie's script. It seems Michael is very talkative and active, there's no mention yet that he will be the catatonic mental patient we know from the original. Also, in this script he killed his whole family and possibly others making him a mass murderer. Plus he's 6'10", and his doctor is telling everybody how dangerous he is. Do you really think that they would grant just any orderly access to his cell, and considering his past reputation, they would do the deed in his cell rather than the other 99% of the patients in the hospital that probably aren't famous mass murderers? Not to mention, they conveniently do it on Halloween night, giving him the chance to escape.

UNLESS, the workers are actually celebrating Michael's "murder" day by offering him a victim.

Still, I think Michael should escape on his own, not because of the actions of a couple of stupid hospital workers. It diminishes his power, and it's unbelievable because it seems to be happening due to coincidence now, instead of from the careful planning of a deranged mind. The way I took the review was Michael changed his emotions almost daily as a child until Loomis couldn't reach him anymore. And as he grew up into an Adult he became basically catatonic.

EvilOnTwoLegs
01-21-2007, 08:21 PM
From Zombie's Myspace:

"SHERIFF BRACKETT

I PM'ed this information to him as soon as I found out. The thought of all the scenes Dourif and McDowell would be sharing caused him to spontaneously ejaculate.

True story.

Frazetta
01-21-2007, 08:24 PM
I PM'ed this information to him as soon as I found out. The thought of all the scenes Dourif and McDowell would be sharing caused him to spontaneously ejaculate.

True story. Let's hope there were tissues nearby :bigeyes:

CyanideAssassin
01-21-2007, 08:26 PM
The way I took the review was Michael changed his emotions almost daily as a child until Loomis couldn't reach him anymore. And as he grew up into an Adult he became basically catatonic.

I really didn't get that from the reviews, I guess we'll see. I still don't buy the fact that a couple of redneck hospital workers would have access to the cell of a potentially dangerous mass murderer, even if he appears to be catatonic now, for a few reasons. First, he could still be potentially dangerous. Second, they could potentially be dangerous to him, and any interaction with him could damage him even more psychologically.

I stand by my statement that Michael should escape on his own, not because of the gross negligence of a couple of stupid workers, which to me sound like far-fetched characters to begin with.

Shamrock-Robot
01-22-2007, 03:51 AM
One of the script reviews said that a little bit of H2 was mixed in. That worries me a little because what part of that movie would be in RZ's version except for Michael and Loomis biting it together?

I think the little bit of H2 mixed in is most likely the brother/sister angle.

Todd
01-22-2007, 08:09 AM
I think the little bit of H2 mixed in is most likely the brother/sister angle.
I hope so.

kooshdidude
01-22-2007, 08:21 AM
The reason I don't like the rape scene is because it is unoriginal and unimaginative. Kill Bill anyone? It sounds like a 15 year-old metalhead's version of what he would expect in Zombie's Halloween, including the dialogue. No sir, I don't like it.

It reminded me of Kill Billl too.

I don't thinkthe rape scene is particularily necesary to the plot. Now i know this isn't the original and i'm probably gong to be told how this isn;t JC's Halloween it's Rob's, and i totally agree, but in the original i liked the fact the Michael waited to escape. He could have done it at anytime, but he chose to wait until this time. I found that quite creepy. In this rape scene it seems more like he sees his chances and makes a run for it, which seems to me asthough Michael isn't all that powerful or tough.

TommyDoyle2
01-22-2007, 08:33 AM

True story.

I fell off my seat and banged my head when I heard Courtney 'Malachi-the-redhead-you-don't-wanna-fuck-with' Gains was appearing. Doctor thinks I may have brain damage because of the fall. Whats the point of this story? I like stories.

Anyway, I like Dourif in all the stuff I've seen him in, but I'll never get over:

"P p p p please...n n n n nurse R r r r ratched...d d don't...t...tell m..m..m..my m..mother...M..m..m..mac made me...d..d..do...it..."

It's what defines the man for me.

"y..y..you have p..pretty h...hair!"

Poor Billy.

ALDO
01-22-2007, 08:54 AM
I fell off my seat and banged my head when I heard Courtney 'Malachi-the-redhead-you-don't-wanna-fuck-with' Gains was appearing. Doctor thinks I may have brain damage because of the fall. Whats the point of this story? I like stories.

Anyway, I like Dourif in all the stuff I've seen him in, but I'll never get over:

"P p p p please...n n n n nurse R r r r ratched...d d don't...t...tell m..m..m..my m..mother...M..m..m..mac made me...d..d..do...it..."

Poor Billy.

One of my favorite lines from Brad Dourif is from Fatal Beauty.

Whoopi Goldberg shoots him about 4 or 5 times with a rifle. Dourif, showing no sign of going down rips open his shirt and shouts "Kevlar bitch!"

Whoopi then pulls out a hand gun, aims for his head and blows his brains out. Sending poor Brad flying through the air and landing on to a windscreen of a car.

"Smith and Wesson asshole!"

JamieLloydFan
01-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Brad Dourif is good actor i really liked his performance in Mississippi Burning. A good choice for Sheriff Bracket. The Cast is shaping up nicely.

EvilOnTwoLegs
01-22-2007, 09:24 AM

Poor Billy.
Yeah...same here. God, what a great performance that was. And he was so fuckin' young. It's interesting because I saw Cuckoo's Nest before I saw any of Dourif's other work. And he gave such a sympathetic performance in that film that I found it even more off-putting (in a good way) when I saw how creepy he was in most of his later roles. It'll be nice to see Brad playing a good guy again. He doesn't get the chance that often.

Superman
01-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Who's to say this will be a good Sheriff? Maybe he'll come across as a prick or someone who is in his line of work for bribes or other crap.

EvilOnTwoLegs
01-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Who's to say this will be a good Sheriff? Maybe he'll come across as a prick or someone who is in his line of work for bribes or other crap.
I'm just hoping that he'll be portrayed in a positive light. Or at least as positive as Brackett was in the original. He definitely lacked patience in H1 and sometimes exhibited a short temper, but he was definitely one of the good guys. I'd just hate to see Dourif cast simply to play another shady or creepy character. Playing Brackett will give him an opportunity to play a character other than the variety in which he's been typecast...so long as Zombie doesn't feel a need to make Brackett a twisted crackhead sheriff who uses his authority to assault underage girls or some shit like that. If Zombie cast Dourif as Sheriff Brackett because his Brackett behaves like the Bad Lieutenant, that will be a bit disappointing. I think Dourif deserves the chance to play a heroic character every once in a while.

Frazetta
01-22-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm just hoping that he'll be portrayed in a positive light. Or at least as positive as Brackett was in the original. He definitely lacked patience in H1 and sometimes exhibited a short temper, but he was definitely one of the good guys. I'd just hate to see Dourif cast simply to play another shady or creepy character. Playing Brackett will give him an opportunity to play a character other than the variety in which he's been typecast...so long as Zombie doesn't feel a need to make Brackett a twisted crackhead sheriff who uses his authority to assault underage girls or some shit like that. If Zombie cast Dourif as Sheriff Brackett because his Brackett behaves like the Bad Lieutenant, that will be a bit disappointing. I think Dourif deserves the chance to play a heroic character every once in a while.
I could see Brackett being portrayed as a jerk at 1st & not believing what Loomis is trying to warn him about. And then maybe he sees something Annie's corpse??? that makes him realize that he has to do all he can to help Loomis stop Michael. I think it'd be great to see Dourif go through a transformation like that in the film.

TommyDoyle2
01-22-2007, 04:30 PM
I could see Brackett being portrayed as a jerk at 1st & not believing what Loomis is trying to warn him about. And then maybe he sees something Annie's corpse??? that makes him realize that he has to do all he can to help Loomis stop Michael. I think it'd be great to see Dourif go through a transformation like that in the film.

I'm kind of glad in Halloween II that Carpenter avoided what could have been a major cliche at the time, Brackett becoming a bloodthirsty vengeful cop. Cypher's reaction to Annie's death was brilliant and realistic. No vendetta, no strapping shotguns to himself and no venturing off into the night like a cowboy to kill Myers. He merely goes home to comfort his wife and probably get very drunk. I always hated how he blamed Loomis for Annie's death, but later realized the guy was devastated. I want Brackett to be one of the good guys. I'd hate for Zombie to sleaze him out.

Todd
01-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Why does everybody think that Zombie will have Brackett be a whack job in this movie? Because he picked Brad Dourif? From the looks of things, there will be enough bad guys in the movie the way it is.

Frazetta
01-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Why does everybody think that Zombie will have Brackett be a whack job in this movie? Because he picked Brad Dourif? From the looks of things, there will be enough bad guys in the movie the way it is.
I agree with you Todd. I don't think Brackett needs to be a psycho with a badge. Dourif is certainly capable of playing a good guy & not always a guy just abit left of center. If anything I think he'll be portrayed as a guy that questions Loomis' word & then finds himself unprepared for what happens in his town & under his watch.

Eric616
01-22-2007, 09:04 PM
does dourifs real voice sound like chuckie?

Joe Kerr
01-22-2007, 09:09 PM
does dourifs real voice sound like chuckie?

LMFAO, im wondering the same damn thing dude... :yeah:

Frazetta
01-22-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm pretty sure it's similar but I think Dourif adds alittle to it. Of course it's been years since I watched a Chucky movie.

Jackolantern99
01-22-2007, 10:34 PM
You can hear hints of it here and there, because Chucky's voice isn't necessarily all that cartoonish and weird, but you won't be hearing the "Chucky" voice in Halloween...

JKwinter
01-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Is this movie going to be called:

Halloween 9;
Halloween: The Remake;
Halloween: The Beginning;
Halloween: Again;

or just:

Halloween

I looked around, but I couldn't find the answer.

Chuck D
01-23-2007, 01:07 AM
I can safely say Dourif's "Chucky laugh" evolved from his Raymond character in Blue Velvet.

"No, never been to pussy heaven, Frank [demented laughter]."

Dr M Hatter M.D
01-23-2007, 01:19 AM
Is this movie going to be called:

Halloween 9;
Halloween: The Remake;
Halloween: The Beginning;
Halloween: Again;

or just:

Halloween

I looked around, but I couldn't find the answer.

I doubt that any film would have 'The Remake' in its title unless it was a spoof film. Was 'King Kong' called 'King Kong : The 2nd Remake'? I think not.
In terms of numbered sequels, the higher the number the lower the credability. It might be called 'Rob Zombie's Halloween'.

mannylb88
01-23-2007, 04:57 AM
yea i highly doubt it'll be called Halloween: The Remake.

Shamrock-Robot
01-23-2007, 05:33 AM
Im pretty sure it will either be Halloween, Or Rob Zombies Halloween.

chrisstilwell
01-23-2007, 06:06 AM
I'd probably bet more on "Rob Zombie's Halloween", but you never know with Rob.

shoe1985
01-23-2007, 06:19 AM
If I remember correctly, it is being announced as "Rob Zombie's Halloween" because it is a whole new series, and no need for numbers or fancy subtitles.

R.J. Parker
01-23-2007, 07:29 AM
I think shoe is right. And that would make the most sense considering it's a restart and will have no ties to the previous film series whatsoever. I guess it's sort of like Batman Begins in that respect.

Man In Black
01-23-2007, 07:31 AM
I'm sure the poster will probably say "Rob Zombie's Halloween", but the movie will most likely just be referred to as "Halloween".

kooshdidude
01-23-2007, 07:36 AM
The queation of the title was asked for the interview on HM.com.

QUESTION: What is the title of the next movie, and are you finished with the script yet? What can you reveal about the storyline of the new movie? (from Eric in Canada)
RZ: HALLOWEEN, no and not much.

So i think its just going to be refered to as Halloween, but i wouldn't be surprised if Rob Zombie's is added to for the advertising. His name alone will bring in an audience.

Wicker Man
01-23-2007, 08:41 AM
I've held my breath for too long and just can't anymore. I know this is the "Official" website and there's going to be a bias towards this remake but come on people! Masturbating to photos of dead animals, raping a retarded girl, the "take a shit" mask...are you guys not reading the same things I am? This sounds absolutely awful! And the problem is whenever anyone says otherwise on here they're shot down real quick (again, with it being the "official" message boards and all).

How can true fans of the orginal movie sit there and read these reports coming in each day and proclaim, "Wow! I love what Rob is doing here!"? I don't want to see a retread of the original either, but at the same time I don't want to pay money to see Carpenter's version raped like this (any symbolism there Rob?). Everyone can keep saying "Wait til it comes out and judge then" till they turn blue in the face, but does seeing a helpless handicapped girl being raped have to be seen first before one can say, "Geez, that's really a bad idea"? These ideas are abysmal and in no way represent the spirit of the original "Halloween".

Then there's the argument of "We don't know what will end up in the film itself", which in itself is an admission that not everyone is comfortable with what they're hearing but doesn't want to admit it on here. My response to that statement is that considering I haven't heard a single thing about Rob's story ideas that I've liked, then what hope do I have? Aside from a couple bits of casting, this whole project should be scrapped and started from scratch! See if Neil Marshall is available and push it back till next year if you have to.

Oh, and one other thing - Rob Zombie doesn't come on here to post because he wants to be everyone's friend or because he's "one of the people"! He's here to protect his interests and nothing more. Not to mention just about everything he's posted on has been contradicted at some point by him - go back and re-read his posts trying to calm everyone down if you don't believe me.

Knowing I won't be welcome on here anymore after speaking my mind, this will be my last post (if it even stays up here long for people to read it).

Jackolantern99
01-23-2007, 09:11 AM
I've held my breath for too long and just can't anymore. I know this is the "Official" website and there's going to be a bias towards this remake but come on people! Masturbating to photos of dead animals, raping a retarded girl, the "take a shit" mask...are you guys not reading the same things I am? This sounds absolutely awful! And the problem is whenever anyone says otherwise on here they're shot down real quick (again, with it being the "official" message boards and all).

How can true fans of the orginal movie sit there and read these reports coming in each day and proclaim, "Wow! I love what Rob is doing here!"? I don't want to see a retread of the original either, but at the same time I don't want to pay money to see Carpenter's version raped like this (any symbolism there Rob?). Everyone can keep saying "Wait til it comes out and judge then" till they turn blue in the face, but does seeing a helpless handicapped girl being raped have to be seen first before one can say, "Geez, that's really a bad idea"? These ideas are abysmal and in no way represent the spirit of the original "Halloween".

Then there's the argument of "We don't know what will end up in the film itself", which in itself is an admission that not everyone is comfortable with what they're hearing but doesn't want to admit it on here. My response to that statement is that considering I haven't heard a single thing about Rob's story ideas that I've liked, then what hope do I have? Aside from a couple bits of casting, this whole project should be scrapped and started from scratch! See if Neil Marshall is available and push it back till next year if you have to.

Oh, and one other thing - Rob Zombie doesn't come on here to post because he wants to be everyone's friend or because he's "one of the people"! He's here to protect his interests and nothing more. Not to mention just about everything he's posted on has been contradicted at some point by him - go back and re-read his posts trying to calm everyone down if you don't believe me.

Knowing I won't be welcome on here anymore after speaking my mind, this will be my last post (if it even stays up here long for people to read it).

Being negative about things never got anyone anywhere, and I think most of us agree that being a whiny little bitch because we're not getting a rubber stamp of the original Halloween isn't doing much help in the big scheme of things.

A remake is a moviemaker's chance to give us another take on an idea that's already been used. Taking a simple concept and adding their own flair to it, and that's just what Rob is doing. As has been stated MANY a time before, no one is running into your house and swiping up your copy of Halloween anytime soon. That said, the remake is being made in Rob's vision regardless of any amount of bitching and pissing and moaning people do on an internet forum (contrary to what a few people here believe...), so just sit back, shut the hell up, and get back to talking about how cool Brad Dourif is going to be in this shit.

Halloween444
01-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Goodbye that all i have to say

JamieLloydFan
01-23-2007, 09:14 AM
One thing I would like to see included in the new version of Halloween is a conclusion to the Graveyard keepers Story (i think this was discussed a long time ago on but i hope its ok to mention it again) Would any one else like to see zombies spin on this?

"Charlie Bowles....one night after dinner,he excused himself from the table.Then he went out to the garage,and he got himself a hacksaw.Then he went back into the house and he kissed his wife and his kids goodbye,then he proceeded to...........???

I'm kinda looking for some conclusion as i always liked that scene in the original. really good the way loomis just cuts the Grave yard keeper off when he notices the missing grave headstone.

PS I'm not looking for other posters to give their ending as this has been discussed on another thread

Laow-Z
01-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Being negative about things never got anyone anywhere, and I think most of us agree that being a whiny little bitch because we're not getting a rubber stamp of the original Halloween isn't doing much help in the big scheme of things.

A remake is a moviemaker's chance to give us another take on an idea that's already been used. Taking a simple concept and adding their own flair to it, and that's just what Rob is doing. As has been stated MANY a time before, no one is running into your house and swiping up your copy of Halloween anytime soon. That said, the remake is being made in Rob's vision regardless of any amount of bitching and pissing and moaning people do on an internet forum (contrary to what a few people here believe...), so just sit back, shut the hell up, and get back to talking about how cool Brad Dourif is going to be in this shit.

EXACTLY:nodsmile:

Then there's the argument of "We don't know what will end up in the film itself", which in itself is an admission that not everyone is comfortable with what they're hearing but doesn't want to admit it on here.

Show me one quote from someone on here that said they love everything they've heard or read so far. So far from what i've seen (read) most people like the cast lineup and think this could be a decent movie. These are the same people who don't like some of the ideas that leaked out onto the internet with no confirmation either way. You never liked a movie as a whole except for a scene or two? That's what most of us are saying. We don't want the masterbation....shitty mask or whatever else is getting everyone uptight, but I for one am not going to start saying "this movie sucks" and my favorite:crazy: "I'm not going to see this movie!" before they even started filming yet.
Not sure if you like The Exorcist but if before you saw the movie you heard that the posessed child fucks a cross what would you have said? Some people might have gotten offended by that scene but it worked well with the movie itself.

Nightmare13
01-23-2007, 09:52 AM
One thing I would like to see included in the new version of Halloween is a conclusion to the Graveyard keepers Story (i think this was discussed a long time ago on but i hope its ok to mention it again) Would any one else like to see zombies spin on this?

Yeah, I'd like that. Let's make it extreme, eh?

Ben Parker 1985
01-23-2007, 10:18 AM
yea i highly doubt it'll be called Halloween: The Remake.

Or "Halloween: Again":crazy:

But yeah, maybe that "Spy Kids" kid will play Lonnie

JackPumpkinhead
01-23-2007, 10:35 AM

lol, did you read his post, because you contradicted everything he said. I think whenever someone post something negative, they read the first few lines and post a blast at them. (Thats not everyone, but it seems like some are doing that.)

You said that him whining because he's not getting a rubber stamp of the original will not help in the big scheme of things when he CLEARLY stated he wasn't for a rehash of the original but felt certain things didnt have to be taken away in the "SPIRIT" of Halloween, which is so true.

We know the original and the series will never be taken away from us, but choosing to do a remake/reimagining sort of decides the future for the franchise and whether or not anything new will come out of it. And actually I think it does affect the original in the long run, newer generations who see this might think badly of the original from what they saw in the remake, it's sad, but true. When I saw "The Fog" remake, it was full of teens, and I sat there thinking, I really hope they can experience the joy of the original because they're being fed dirt right now.

But he does bring up a good point, why is it so hard to say if you dont like something you hear. Nobody minds pointing out what they like, but if it's something bad, it's taboo to speak of and you'd rather reserve your thoughts until you see the final product or at least a trailer. Like right now everyone is talking about how cool it is to have Brad as Sheriff Brackett (and dont get me wrong, I'm all for him playing the role) but you havent seen any footage yet, so how can you be excited. My point being, it's okay to get excited over good things, but to complain over things we dont like is wrong. Why is that?

(And remember before you reply that I'm one who likes alot of things about this film so far, and one who doesnt like alot of things so far. So I'm not always negative about it. I'm merely speaking for those like Wicker Man, who apparently wont read this. But I was curious in knowing myself. :))

Todd
01-23-2007, 10:56 AM
I agreed with a lot of the things Wicker man had to say.
Some of the things we've heard about the movie have raised my eyebrows and had me thinking, "WTF?". What keeps me from having a negative attitude about things is that it's obvious Rob is thinking outside the box and trying to give us something new and also that I know movies evolve greatly from early draft to theatrical release.

H-Field Hero
01-23-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm kind of glad in Halloween II that Carpenter avoided what could have been a major cliche at the time, Brackett becoming a bloodthirsty vengeful cop. Cypher's reaction to Annie's death was brilliant and realistic. No vendetta, no strapping shotguns to himself and no venturing off into the night like a cowboy to kill Myers. He merely goes home to comfort his wife and probably get very drunk.Very true. It's also realistic how they played Laurie as well. Certainly not as interesting as having her be proactive, but definitely more realistic.

JKwinter
01-23-2007, 11:51 AM
I doubt that any film would have 'The Remake' in its title unless it was a spoof film.
Well, if it turns out anything like House of a 1000 Corpses, then it will be a bit of a spoof won't it.

I agree, however. Labeling a movie 'The Remake' would be a little assanine. I think I threw that in subconciously as I thought of a thread title or something.

I can always count on the ever humble members of the 'OHMB' to keep me in line.

Man In Black
01-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Has Laurie been cast?
http://www.joblo.com/halloween-lead-cast

We've got some more news today on casting for the major role that's yet to be cast - Laurie Strode. A longtime JoBlo scooper, who's delivered some scoops that have turned out to be on the money and some that have turned out to be a little confused. So take this with a grain of salt but said scooper says that the frontrunner to play Laurie in HALLOWEEN is none other than "Heroes" star Hayden Panettiere. Says the JoBlo scooper, a deal is not done yet but Panettiere is the favorite of Zombie. I have my doubts that she would take the role in a gore/curse/nudity-fest like Zombie's HALLOWEEN, especially when she has a sugary pop album aimed at the tween audience coming out this spring. There are, reportedly, other actresses in the running but they're all waiting on word from Panettiere's camp. We'll continue to investigate and report back with any more news...

Eric616
01-23-2007, 12:47 PM
she's hot!

Laow-Z
01-23-2007, 12:53 PM
DAMN...I was just thinking about Hayden the other day! I love her in Heroes and thought she might make a good Laurie.

Plus as Eric said...she's hot:nodsmile:

Shamrock-Robot
01-23-2007, 01:20 PM
If she is going to be Laurie, Good choice.

ghettomyers
01-23-2007, 02:01 PM
sho sho i can deal wit her, but she gots to loose the blonde locks

creaturefeature
01-23-2007, 02:23 PM
My god please be true.

Mechanix1992
01-23-2007, 02:40 PM
My favorite show...Plus my favorite character...as Laurie in Halloween...

OMFG I JUST GASMED.

Frazetta
01-23-2007, 03:32 PM
DAMN...I was just thinking about Hayden the other day! I love her in Heroes and thought she might make a good Laurie.

Which one is she? The Cheerleader?

creaturefeature
01-23-2007, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE]by frazetta-Which one is she? The Cheerleader?/QUOTE] Yes sir I'm not getting my hopes up has anybody can summit info.

shoe1985
01-23-2007, 03:58 PM
The queation of the title was asked for the interview on HM.com.

QUESTION: What is the title of the next movie, and are you finished with the script yet? What can you reveal about the storyline of the new movie? (from Eric in Canada)
RZ: HALLOWEEN, no and not much.

So i think its just going to be refered to as Halloween, but i wouldn't be surprised if Rob Zombie's is added to for the advertising. His name alone will bring in an audience.

Sure his name will bring in an audience, both of his movies couldn't even hit $20 million. His name means little or nothing to the general public. Well most people know him from his music, and the general public isn't a fan of his. Look at his record sales.

Also, Wicker Man, I agree with everything you said. Certain ideas should never even be put on paper.

JamieLloydFan
01-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Hayden Panettiere.
Interesting choice! looks the part if they are going to cast Laurie as the virginial heroine (like original) But hey who knows?

chrisstilwell
01-23-2007, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't mind Hayden as Laurie

Todd 78
01-23-2007, 04:40 PM
I adore Hayden, but Heroes is still filming to March or April, so I doubt it, unless Rob is willing to delay the production.

creaturefeature
01-23-2007, 05:05 PM
I wish he would cast somebody at this point.Asian actor on heroes is in a new movie filming the first week I think of february so who knows and I saw michael j fox filmed back to the future during the day and family ties at night so it's possible.Who knows this could be nothing.

Todd
01-23-2007, 06:23 PM

Remember that song by Winger?
"She's only seventeen".

Frazetta
01-23-2007, 06:25 PM
"She's only seventeen". Hehehe :roflmao:

Laow-Z
01-23-2007, 07:15 PM
"She's only seventeen".

"Daddy say's she's too young, but she's old enough for me." LOL...she's older than 17 so what's the hubbub bub?

creaturefeature
01-23-2007, 07:19 PM
If true she would be great.

Frazetta
01-23-2007, 07:24 PM
"Daddy say's she's too young, but she's old enough for me." LOL...she's older than 17 so what's the hubbub bub? Wouldn't she look alittle young compared to Danielle Harris? Or moreso wouldn't Harris look a lot older standing next to her? And is this Hayden girl a good Actress?

creaturefeature
01-23-2007, 07:31 PM
moviehole.com-I was actually chatting to one of the crewmembers on Rob Zombie’s "Halloween" yesterday, so I can tell you one-hundred-percent that they still haven’t found their Laurie Strode. Apparently its been a difficult thing deciding which young actress should step into the slippers once worn by Jamie Lee Curtis and her bodacious bust. http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070124_bruckner_on_halloween_rumours.html

Laow-Z
01-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Wouldn't she look alittle young compared to Danielle Harris? Or moreso wouldn't Harris look a lot older standing next to her? And is this Hayden girl a good Actress?

I still think Danielle looks really young...maybe it's her "shortness" but she looks young still. I haven't seen Hayden in anything but Heroes but i think she does a good job on that show. She has alot of emotion when needed and just plays the part well.

ten31
01-23-2007, 07:38 PM
The one charater I would have liked to seen added would be Ben Tramer. Even if it were just a scene or two.

Todd 78
01-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Once again , unless the Zombie is willing to wait until April, Hayden won't be Laurie.

She is too busy filming Heroes.

ten31
01-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Too bad Bruce Campbell wasn't cast as Brackett.

Justinsayne
01-23-2007, 07:57 PM
gONNA BE A GOOD MOVIE

Justinsayne
01-23-2007, 07:58 PM
That Hayden Chick Is Not In The Cast, And Probably Won't Be

shoe1985
01-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Once again , unless the Zombie is willing to wait until April, Hayden won't be Laurie.

She is too busy filming Heroes.

Unless her character was say to die. I honestly don't know, but you never know.

Frazetta
01-23-2007, 08:01 PM
From the pictures I've seen of her, this Hayden girl looks more like a Lynda character & not Laurie.

Todd 78
01-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Unless her character was say to die. I honestly don't know, but you never know.

No way, her charcter brings in the young female audience.

MM41
01-23-2007, 08:29 PM
I cannot wait for anymore news. WE WANT NEWS! lol...

TommyDoyle2
01-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I'd like that. Let's make it extreme, eh?

Yeah. 'Cause this movie so needs more sick imagry and extreeeeeeeme! shit to cement it in the annals of American cinema history. :bigeyes:

"...and he went out and got himself a hacksaw, and he came back in the house, kissed his wife and two children goodbye, and then... proceeded to hack those motherf---er's into bloody pieces whilst masturbating over the dog he'd boiled an hour previously...oh...oh...it was so f---in' EXTREME! EXTREEEEME LOOMIS! BAH HA HA HA HA!" Cue lightning flash and thunder boom Spare me!

Nightmare13
01-23-2007, 11:52 PM
I was kidding. I was just trying some subtle humour aimed at the members who are so ready to "boycott" this movie just 'cause it might, as far as we know, have a bit of gore in it. That's all.

Silverpsycho
01-24-2007, 01:17 AM
The one charater I would have liked to seen added would be Ben Tramer. Even if it were just a scene or two.
I never thought about it before but I agree...that would be very cool to incorporate a scene or two with Tramer.

Also after reading posts here...I actually think Hayden Panettiere would make a pretty good Laurie. Sure she's no Jamie Lee Curtis but in looking at all the actresses for the job, she would do a pretty decent portrayal of that character. However, I don't think she will because of Heroes and also her career with Disney. Usually actors like Ryan Merriman (from Resurrection) were allowed to go off and do horror because they weren't in the limelight whereas Disney is trying to help Panettiere's singing act get off the ground...like with all their prized little Disney stars. It would just suck if the reasons Panettiere wasn't hired was due to having to hold off production or because of her involvement with Disney and having to upkeep somewhat of a positive family image.

JamieLloydFan
01-24-2007, 07:09 AM
How old is Tyler mane?

Man In Black
01-24-2007, 07:39 AM
He's got to be at least late-30's, early 40's.

TommyDoyle2
01-24-2007, 07:39 AM
I was kidding. I was just trying some subtle humour aimed at the members who are so ready to "boycott" this movie just 'cause it might, as far as we know, have a bit of gore in it. That's all.

Lol! I was kidding too! I'm not about to boycott this flick, I respect Zombie for having his own vision actually, but it is pretty alien to the blueprint I must say. I'm warming to some things though. For all my bitching about certain things , me like all the other's who are slightly 'unhappy' about recent events will be there on opening night- popcorn and Coke at the ready. So at the end of the day it's Zombie, Malek and the suits who have the last laugh.

Nightmare13
01-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Lol! I was kidding too! I'm not about to boycott this flick, I respect Zombie for having his own vision actually, but it is pretty alien to the blueprint I must say. I'm warming to some things though. For all my bitching about certain things , me like all the other's who are slightly 'unhappy' about recent events will be there on opening night- popcorn and Coke at the ready. So at the end of the day it's Zombie, Malek and the suits who have the last laugh.

Oh, haha, sorry.

I agree with you a little bit. I mean, sometimes I base my opinions way too much on what other people say. Like, when AICN posted the script review I'd gotten into such a state of mind that I thought the film would suck. But I know that script review is basically equal to shit right now.

Anway, this Heroes girl... I haven't seen the show yet (it's showing on Sci-Fi from next month, remember!), but despite being hot can the girl act?

kooshdidude
01-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Yeah. 'Cause this movie so needs more sick imagry and extreeeeeeeme! shit to cement it in the annals of American cinema history. :bigeyes:

"...and he went out and got himself a hacksaw, and he came back in the house, kissed his wife and two children goodbye, and then... proceeded to hack those motherf---er's into bloody pieces whilst masturbating over the dog he'd boiled an hour previously...oh...oh...it was so f---in' EXTREME! EXTREEEEME LOOMIS! BAH HA HA HA HA!" Cue lightning flash and thunder boom Spare me!

LMAO! I like it!!! :roflmao:

chrisstilwell
01-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Can the girl act? Havent you ever seen Remember the Titans? She was pretty good in her role in that movie.

Nightmare13
01-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Can the girl act? Havent you ever seen Remember the Titans? She was pretty good in her role in that movie.

No, I haven't. I'll take your word for it.

JamieLloydFan
01-24-2007, 09:50 AM
He's got to be at least late-30's, early 40's.
So how old is Adult Michael Myers in this version 21 as in original or 27 as i have read some where?

Masked Madman
01-24-2007, 10:07 AM
27, im pretty sure.

UnpleasantDream
01-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Who cares how old Mane is compared to Myers...HE WEARS A MASK!! I don't think anyone is going to pick up on "I don't think that guy behind the mask looks like he's in his 20s!!" Good lord!!

Jackolantern99
01-24-2007, 11:02 AM
If it's true that Hayden is cast as Laurie, I'll be kinda dissapointed. She's just to "hot". I've always seen Laurie as a pretty but PLAIN looking girl who lacks self-esteem and the courage to ask guys out because she actually has something to be insecure about, and the fact that Linda is the "hot cheerleader" always emphasized that for me.

Meh.

Masked Madman
01-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Who cares how old Mane is compared to Myers...HE WEARS A MASK!! I don't think anyone is going to pick up on "I don't think that guy behind the mask looks like he's in his 20s!!" Good lord!!
No he was asking me how old Michael is in the movie, i could care less how old Mane is as well...

MyersHunter20
01-24-2007, 11:13 AM
I have a strange feeling that this movie is going to be Halloween XXX because that basically how all of RZ's movies are.

Laow-Z
01-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I have a strange feeling that this movie is going to be Halloween XXX because that basically how all of RZ's movies are.

Guess you've never seen a XXX movie before.

H-Field Hero
01-24-2007, 11:43 AM
If it's true that Hayden is cast as Laurie, I'll be kinda dissapointed. She's just to "hot". I've always seen Laurie as a pretty but PLAIN looking girl who lacks self-esteem and the courage to ask guys out because she actually has something to be insecure about, and the fact that Linda is the "hot cheerleader" always emphasized that for me.

Meh.The interesting thing is that had JLC not had her looks dumbed down she would have been prettier than Annie and Lynda. By 1978 standards JLC was infact a hottie. They dumbed her looks down and made it so her chest wasn't as pronounced and she came off looking exactly like the character was supposed to look. No reason Rob can't do the same here. That's not saying those are his intentions, but the possibility is certainly there.

JamieLloydFan
01-24-2007, 12:30 PM
No he was asking me how old Michael is in the movie, i could care less how old Mane is as well...

Who is to say he wears a mask for the whole film? There may be plenty scenes in smiths grove when adult MM is unmasked. So my point originally being that if that is the case And i presume in this version Michael is around10 years older than Laurie?? Tyler Mane looks at least 20 years older than Hayden

Frazetta
01-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Who cares how old Mane is compared to Myers...HE WEARS A MASK!! I don't think anyone is going to pick up on "I don't think that guy behind the mask looks like he's in his 20s!!" Good lord!! We'll be seeing Myers as an Adult without the mask on so how Mane looks in the movie will be important.

ZombieHalloween
01-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Why would orderlies go into a room that has a 6'10 psycho in it?

TommyDoyle2
01-24-2007, 06:00 PM

Because stoner metal heads think a rape scene is hardcore and daring?

Todd
01-24-2007, 06:03 PM
We'll be seeing Myers as an Adult without the mask on so how Mane looks in the movie will be important.
Do we know for a fact that we're going to see his face as an adult?

SLAB
01-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Do we know for a fact that we're going to see his face as an adult?

Nothing seems to have pointed that out for certain as far as I've seen. Only the guys who have read what's floating around so far would know.

Needless to say, if you are one of those people, use spoiler tags when necessary. :)

ghettomyers
01-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Guess you've never seen a XXX movie before.

HAHA!! Got em!

ghettomyers
01-24-2007, 06:28 PM

HAHA!! Oh shizzel, i know i wouldnt thats the kind of question that deserves "ok its ur funeral" at the end:)

UnpleasantDream
01-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Yes but even if Rob decides to show the adult Michael unmasked, that doesn't mean it will necessarily be Mane's face used. It wasn't Nick Castle's when Michael was unmasked in the original, but a model hired specifically for that shot only.

Frazetta
01-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Do we know for a fact that we're going to see his face as an adult? Well we'll obviously see his escape & confrontation with Big Joe Grizzley so unless he's somehow bandaged, like he was in H4, before he finds the mask I'm assuming we'll see his face. I think it'd be very interesting to see atleast his eyes unmasked & after he puts the mask on we see nothing but the famous black holes.

JackPumpkinhead
01-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Well we'll obviously see his escape & confrontation with Big Joe Grizzley so unless he's somehow bandaged, like he was in H4, before he finds the mask I'm assuming we'll see his face. I think it'd be very interesting to see atleast his eyes unmasked & after he puts the mask on we see nothing but the famous black holes.

They might keep his face in the shadows somewhat, kind of like in Halloween 5 when he unmask himself.

Eric616
01-24-2007, 07:30 PM
The interesting thing is that had JLC not had her looks dumbed down she would have been prettier than Annie and Lynda. By 1978 standards JLC was infact a hottie. They dumbed her looks down and made it so her chest wasn't as pronounced and she came off looking exactly like the character was supposed to look. No reason Rob can't do the same here. That's not saying those are his intentions, but the possibility is certainly there.

yeah she was pretty hott naturally but they made her look plain.

Frazetta
01-24-2007, 07:31 PM
They might keep his face in the shadows somewhat, kind of like in Halloween 5 when he unmask himself. That is very possible. I have a feeling though that we'll see his face atleast once in the movie.

scoob
01-24-2007, 09:20 PM
If these rumours are prooven to be correct, then this sounds like the most ridiculous excuse of a remake ever made.

Why not just call it something else? Rename it, change the characters names and call it a flippin tribute or a homage to Halloween.

Oh no. It wont sell as much will it.

I will go and see it, but bloody hell, this sounds awful.

TommyDoyle2
01-24-2007, 09:32 PM
yeah she was pretty hott naturally but they made her look plain.

JLC was the hottest girl in Halloween, and Halloween 2 for that matter. How the hell Annie or Lynda thought they had the right to push Laurie around, as if she wasn't as good as them is beyond me. I'd of been over the moon if I were Ben Tramer.

Jackolantern99
01-24-2007, 09:58 PM
JLC was the hottest girl in Halloween, and Halloween 2 for that matter. How the hell Annie or Lynda thought they had the right to push Laurie around, as if she wasn't as good as them is beyond me. I'd of been over the moon if I were Ben Tramer.

I guess I'm the only one who never saw it: I always thought Laurie looked quite manly and Annie looked like a 28 year old :bigeyes:

Lucifer
01-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Is that because of her broad shoulders?

Rick
01-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Well we'll obviously see his escape & confrontation with Big Joe Grizzley so unless he's somehow bandaged, like he was in H4, before he finds the mask I'm assuming we'll see his face. I think it'd be very interesting to see atleast his eyes unmasked & after he puts the mask on we see nothing but the famous black holes.

Even without the mask, if shot properly, his face could be hidden.
If he uses paper masks to communicate, it's possible he's always wearing one, even in the institution.
There could be quick shots of part of his face as he changes them, but if shot correctly we never have to see adult Michael's face at all.
Unfortunately I don't think that'll be the case.
I think we'll see plenty of young Michael unmasked, plenty of adult Michael unmasked and then only the mask until the very end.

kooshdidude
01-25-2007, 08:09 AM
I guess I'm the only one who never saw it: I always thought Laurie looked quite manly and Annie looked like a 28 year old :bigeyes:

I always thought that too.:bastard:

We still don't know where this is being filmed yet. I hope the sets are good.:yar:

i think we are going to see Michael's face as an adult. Didn't someone post that...We see Muichael escape the hospital, and then he barges in to his mother's caravan with a picture of Laurie?

If we do see his face then Tyler is going to look very old for 27. He looks at least 40 imo.

mcilroga
01-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Depending on what shot you get Laurie in. Like in this one, I think she's really attractive.

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/Laurieheadshot.jpg

I don't see the manly shoulders or face, but okay. :)

And on another note: I really hope we don't see Michael's adult face in this one. I hated it in the original, and I'd probably hate it this time around too.

ZombieHalloween
01-25-2007, 01:16 PM
When does the actual filming start,has a shooting date been set?

boogeyman87
01-25-2007, 02:45 PM
When does the actual filming start,has a shooting date been set?

January 29th, 2007 was and most likely still is the start date for filming.

Todd 78
01-25-2007, 02:50 PM
January 29th, 2007 was and most likely still is the start date for filming.

Not without a Laurie it ain't

boogeyman87
01-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Not without a Laurie it ain't

Who's to say Laurie hasn't been cast? Laurie isn't the main character; there's plenty of filming that could be done without a Laurie being cast.

mcilroga
01-25-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm guessing Laurie's already been cast and for some reason, it's being kept from us. If she's anything she was in the original, she's in more than 50% of the scenes, and even if she's not as big in this film, she'll still be in it alot. They can't do too far without whoever plays her.

The Dark Shape
01-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Casino Royale went before cameras before Eva Green and Mads Mikkelsen were cast. I'm sure they'll be okay shooting around a character who apparently doesn't show up until the last 40 minutes.

leechcode5
01-25-2007, 05:34 PM
According to Bloody Disgusting and Fangoria, production started today!

January 25: Zombie’s HALLOWEEN protested!

Despite previous reports of delays, Fango has been tipped off that shooting on Rob Zombie’s HALLOWEEN has quietly begun—as the outcry over the writer/director’s vision of Michael Myers’ saga grows more heated.

According to our source, Zombie began yesterday with some soundstage work deep in the heart of Hollywood. And reports are coming in that devoted fans of the franchise savvy enough to know the location of the HALLOWEEN production offices are expressing their disdain over Zombie’s re-imagining. Usually, the genre’s greatest detractors who publicly voice their judgment come in the guise of religious zealots or parenting groups; however, this morning, picketers on Sunset Boulevard wielded signs of protest that proclaimed Zombie was “raping” a classic, along with various other phrases that cried for a halt to the production. They’ve since disappeared—whether calling it a day or ushered away by security is unknown. We’ll let you know more as HALLOWEEN’s shoot, and our coverage of it, continues. You can also keep tabs on the project at Zombie’s MySpace page. —Ryan Rotten

The link: http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=3583

Today Fangoria reported that the film has begun shooting out and about in Los Angeles, while we've personally heard that they're just doing some FX shots with the actual shoot being pushed to February (like we originally reported). They also report that protesters have been spotted on Sunset Blvd wielding signs that Zombie was "raping" a classic. The protesters seem to be everywhere, including this MySpace page here. But any fans looking for official word can count on Zombie to update via the official MySpace page. Michael Myers is slated to stalk out his victims one again on August 31st.

Further linkage: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/8071

ZombieHalloween
01-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Those protestors are real losers to do this,I think I remember protestors doing the same thing when the remake of Dawn of the Dead was being made,and that movie is awesome.

leechcode5
01-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Those protestors are real losers to do this,I think I remember protestors doing the same thing when the remake of Dawn of the Dead was being made,and that movie is awesome.

Eh, I say let them protest. More publicity for the film, and hey, might make the behind the scenes documentary Rob Zombie was talking about making a tad more interesting.

H-Field Hero
01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
I must admit, I admire the passion. Rob is bringing a lot of controversial things to this movie and it's not going to go over well with everyone.

ZombieHalloween
01-25-2007, 05:47 PM
They should get on their knees,and thank Rob for stoping Halloween 9.

leechcode5
01-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Actually, I kinda wish I still lived in California now so I could maybe join in on the hub-bub down there. Not because I agree with the protest, but just to make sure the jokers at least know what they're doing. If it's the kind of people I see posting on IMDb, I think they'd need a little help organizing a good protest. I bet their signs aren't even nice, probably a whole bunch of misspellings, no color or sparklies, no effort at all.

mcilroga
01-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Whoa, haha. Have fun, protesters! :laugh:

ghettomyers
01-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Sweeeet!!!!!!!!! production started o yess!! must see pics!!!!

Patrick1679
01-25-2007, 06:46 PM
If this is the mask. Then i'm thrilled! It looks just like the one in Halloween 1 & 2!
On the link to Fangoria, this looks like the possible movie poster!

What does everyone think?

Todd 78
01-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Good. Whether I like the film or not, I am pleased Zombie is sticking to his guns. I rather the movie suck, than have the film hijacked by a bunch of whiners or not.

I admire that Zombie is not backing down, which means he is passionate and believes in the project.. That is a good sign to me.

BoogeyMan88
01-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Good. Whether I like the film or not, I am pleased Zombie is sticking to his guns. I rather the movie suck, than have the film hijacked by a bunch of whiners or not.

I admire that Zombie is not backing down, which means he is passionate and believes in the project.. That is a good sign to me.

I agree, he seems like a very passionate guy when it comes to making movies which is why I think he was praised by some of the actors of Devil's Rejects for knowing what he wants and how its gonna be done. Go Zombie Go.

Patrick1679
01-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I'll be happy if this is the mask! It's the mask that makes the film. That's where all the other directors of the installments missed their mark. They thought, "Just put a white mask on and that's it." It amazed me how these studios have millions and couldn't figure out what MADE Michael Myers. There's just something creepy about that Capt. Kirk mask. Don't know what it is. It's not as simple as 2 black eyes! I'm just happy the mask is similar to the first 2 films!

Superman
01-25-2007, 07:48 PM
is anyone else glad that H-Hero changed his avatar? we got your linebackers coach now so look out next year. And this has to do whith what in this thread? :confused:
I'll see this movie no matter what does happen or doen't happen. A new Halloween after all this time is good news. :nodsmile:

Frazetta
01-25-2007, 08:13 PM
I must admit, I admire the passion. Rob is bringing a lot of controversial things to this movie and it's not going to go over well with everyone. I think everyone needs to realize that this backlash was inevitable nomatter who was Directing it. And Rob could release a movie that equals or even surpasses Carpenter's Halloween & people will still bash the Hell out of it simply because it is the remake of such a storied horror movie. It sucks but thats the way it is.

WhiteZombie
01-25-2007, 08:18 PM
So...

The world is at war! The economy is going crazy! People are shooting each other in third world countries! Brazilian drug lords are making unfortunate people eat their own winkies! There's famine!

And people protest... A Halloween remake.

We're all going to hell.

LMAO...Yeah no kidding. Protest, a fucking, movie. I mean im passionate about horror movies but jesus.

Frazetta
01-25-2007, 08:30 PM
LMAO...Yeah no kidding. Protest, a fucking, movie. I mean im passionate about horror movies but jesus. I find it hilarious that the same ppl that put their lives on hold to protest a movie will be at said movie on opening night.

Phatty Matty
01-25-2007, 09:17 PM
How did Joe and Kris find the studio?

chrisstilwell
01-25-2007, 10:27 PM
NEW CAST MEMBER

Bloody-disgusting is reporting that Sybil Danning (from The Howling) has joined the cast. It isnt know who she is playing.

Just thought I'd pass this little bit of news to all of you

SLAB
01-25-2007, 11:13 PM
That's odd, I thought she was only involved in his mock trailer "Werewolf Women Of The SS" (http://fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=3581). If this is the case, it hasn't been put on the myspace site yet.

Time will tell.

ZombieHalloween
01-26-2007, 12:08 AM
I noticed that Cerina Vincent has been in alot of horror movies,and she has done full nudity in "Not Another Teen Movie",and was topless in "Cabin Fever",you think she could be up for the part of Lynda?

Dead Reckoning
01-26-2007, 12:13 AM
NEW CAST MEMBER

Bloody-disgusting is reporting that Sybil Danning (from The Howling) has joined the cast. It isnt know who she is playing.

Just thought I'd pass this little bit of news to all of you

Jesus, really? How old is she by now? Are they adding Mrs. Blankenship to the characters? I guess it would make sense, since she was babysitting little Mikey Myers that night, as she said...

I'm just being a prick. She's a horror veteran (Howling II, I believe), so she's a welcome addition to the cast...I think we're all past the point where we want to see her take her top off, though.

Lucifer
01-26-2007, 12:23 AM
I think we're all past the point where we want to see her take her top off, though.

That made me spit my tea out :laugh:

TommyDoyle2
01-26-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm just being a prick. She's a horror veteran (Howling II, I believe), so she's a welcome addition to the cast.

I'd rather scoop out my eyes with a spoon than watch the Howling II again, or even speak to someone (outside of Lee) who appeared in that travesty of a film. The worst bit is that it was made by a guy from Melbourne Australia, my hometown. Off topic I know, but proving someones's horror veteran status by name dropping the Howling II is more insulting than impressive.

shoe1985
01-26-2007, 04:01 AM
So...

The world is at war! The economy is going crazy! People are shooting each other in third world countries! Brazilian drug lords are making unfortunate people eat their own winkies! There's famine!

And people protest... A Halloween remake.

We're all going to hell.

The world has always been like that, just now we are noticing.

I find this to be pretty funny. I don't see a reason to protest outside of shooting, but more to them.

They should get on their knees,and thank Rob for stoping Halloween 9.

Sure :crazy:

mcilroga
01-26-2007, 04:29 AM
Not a clue who Danning is... but welcome?

JamieLloydFan
01-26-2007, 04:55 AM
Jesus, really? How old is she by now? ..I think we're all past the point where we want to see her take her top off, though.

Must be in her mid 50's,Shes quite a good looking older woman. I'd still give her one!! lol

Back on topic. Really how many more people is zombie going to cast in this flick? I would say the cast is rather large for a horror film!! I presume Laurie and Lynda still have to be cast.

On the subject of people protesting, How sad!. All I say is let Rob Zombie make this film. I'm just pleased there will be a new Halloween film this year. Ok i have my reservations on how this will turn out but i support the project and fingers crossed this will be a good film. I'm just not ready to judge this film on a few hearsay's or bullshit false rumours! How would they like it if other people were telling them how to do their jobs?(Thats if they have Jobs) I'm sure as hell would tell them to Fuck off!

WhiteZombie
01-26-2007, 05:54 AM
I find it hilarious that the same ppl that put their lives on hold to protest a movie will be at said movie on opening night.

Yeah me too, because no matter how hard they "try", they'll have to see it.

Todd
01-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Whoa, haha. Have fun, protesters! :laugh:
What a bunch of wankers.
I wonder how many of them there are?

ALDO
01-26-2007, 08:24 AM
What a bunch of wankers.
I wonder how many of them there are?

There was 5 of us. Er...i mean i don't know. I wasn't there!

samhain51
01-26-2007, 08:28 AM
WHATS WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE GET A LIFE > I LIKE ANY FORM OF HALLOWEEN I DONT CARE WHO WRITES IT OR WHO DIReCTS IT I WANT THEM TO MAKE 1000!

Dead Reckoning
01-26-2007, 10:39 AM
[B] Must be in her mid 50's,Shes quite a good looking older woman. I'd still give her one!! lol

Hey, I can appreciate a good looking mature woman as much as the next guy...I'm just wondering how far back into the "has-been barrel" Rob REALLY needs to reach here...

Oh, yeah...fuck the protesters.

That is all.

mcilroga
01-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Maybe if the protesters actually got laid, they wouldn't be doing this? :bastard:

Laow-Z
01-26-2007, 11:02 AM
:roflmao: You might have a good point there!

Roswell
01-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Wow. Just wow.

I can remember when some members were joking about people protesting, but it looks like it's actually happened. That's just sad.

Man In Black
01-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Why would you protest a movie, of which the viewing of it is entirely optional. Nobody is forcing you to watch it. Protest a war, protest if your job is in jepordy, at least protest something worthwhile if you must, but a movie...and a horror movie at that...and the ninth movie in that actual franchise...a franchise which is quite frankly staler than two year old bread, well if you protest that then really, I don't know what to really say. Don't people have hobbies anymore? Golf maybe?

mcilroga
01-26-2007, 11:47 AM
On the other hand it shows how important Halloween is to some people. And it is semi-cool fans would take it this far.

Roswell
01-26-2007, 11:50 AM
And it is semi-cool fans would take it this far.

It's more embarassing than anything else.

mcilroga
01-26-2007, 11:55 AM
It's more embarassing than anything else.

Definitely, just saying devotion is a good thing. Though this is taking it too far.

Roswell
01-26-2007, 11:58 AM
I really hope the documentary crew got those protesters on film, along with Zombie laughing about it. That would be great to see.

Hallow's Eve
01-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I think the point that some people protest the making of a remake is because they don't want the memory of the original film tarnished by a cheap, crappy remake. I think some people are afraid that everyone will forget how great the original was and all they will remember is the remake. It does certainly show how much Halloween means to people. To me, it's the greatest horror film of all time and that is saying a lot. I have grown to accept the fact that a remake is being made and yes, I will go see it out of loyalty to the series.
I must admit that it's looking more promising now that they have anounced the cast. So, I will just hold my breathe and hope that it does some justice to a phenomenal horror film.

Psychoboys
01-26-2007, 12:42 PM
To me, it's the greatest horror film of all time and that is saying a lot. I have grown to accept the fact that a remake is being made and yes, I will go see it out of loyalty to the series.
I must admit that it's looking more promising now that they have anounced the cast. So, I will just hold my breathe and hope that it does some justice to a phenomenal horror film.

Well said.

shoe1985
01-26-2007, 01:04 PM
I think the point that some people protest the making of a remake is because they don't want the memory of the original film tarnished by a cheap, crappy remake. I think some people are afraid that everyone will forget how great the original was and all they will remember is the remake. It does certainly show how much Halloween means to people. To me, it's the greatest horror film of all time and that is saying a lot. I have grown to accept the fact that a remake is being made and yes, I will go see it out of loyalty to the series.

I agree, I don't like the cast like you, but this is the most mature post on here. You didn't even call them wankers, like immature people do.

I wouldn't protest, which I find to be a little lame because it is just a movie, but some people truly do love the Halloween series. They love the characters, and love the story.

Who cares if they are protesting. Imagine if you were protesting something stupid like White Zombie replacing Rob Zombie as singer, people go outside of a concert and protest, would you say they are lame? He could be your favorite singer, but would you give the new guy a chance? I know many people wouldn't. Consider it like that.

But people, the movie is moving forward, and the only way to hurt the movie is not see it, or give them FREE promotion, like they are doing.

Laow-Z
01-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Don't ya just hate wankers?

shoe1985
01-26-2007, 02:12 PM

I do. You know we should have a poll, "Do you love or hate wankers?"

mcilroga
01-26-2007, 02:15 PM
I do. You know we should have a poll, "Do you love or hate wankers?"

Don't you mean: "Do you love or hate shoe1985?"

:bastard:

ZombieHalloween
01-26-2007, 02:21 PM
If the movie was gonna be where Michael was gonna be transferred to a prison where he was gonna be executed,it would be funny if Rob made all those protestors with those signs be put into the movie,and by digitally changing the background to the outside of a asylum,and changing the signs to don't kill Michael,against the death penalty,etc.

Todd
01-26-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't hate them as long as they keep their wankage to themselves.

shoe1985
01-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Don't you mean: "Do you love or hate shoe1985?"

:bastard:

So much anger Derek, so much anger. Today in Ethics I was learning about how we must accept both sides as right. So, I am right, and you are right. So we are all right.

I don't agree either, I am right though.

Honestly, I don't care either way about this movie anymore. I said my peace, and everyone has, so what is the point of posting in these discussions anymore? The protester thing is pointless to post on because who cares? Oh no, someone doesn't like the direction of the movie, so they protest, and we say they are wankers. Who cares? Let them do what they want, it is there life. I could name many other things to do, which I can say for me involved college, having a life.

Superman
01-26-2007, 06:41 PM
We all have lives. If we choose to post on a message board or go to school it matters not. Without different people's lives, this world would be a pretty boring place. No one's life is more important then someone else's.

Todd
01-26-2007, 06:48 PM
So much anger Derek, so much anger. Today in Ethics I was learning about how we must accept both sides as right. So, I am right, and you are right. So we are all right.

Honestly, I don't care either way about this movie anymore. I said my peace, and everyone has, so what is the point of posting in these discussions anymore? The protester thing is pointless to post on because who cares? Oh no, someone doesn't like the direction of the movie, so they protest, and we say they are wankers. Who cares? Let them do what they want, it is there life. I could name many other things to do, which I can say for me involved college, having a life.
I jokingly called the protesters "wankers" because I find it funny and more than a little sad that they are actually protesting the making of a movie. I mean, voicing disapproval on a message board is one thing, but actually going to the movie set? Yes, they have a right to do it, but I also have a right to an opinion about their actions. I think they are completely wankified.

mcilroga
01-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Accept both sides are right? What a crock of shit. Someone has to be wrong or else you could be arguing with a pedophile and he'd go: "Today in Ethnics I learned my side is right too."

:bigeyes:

shoe1985
01-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Accept both sides are right? What a crock of shit. Someone has to be wrong or else you could be arguing with a pedophile about how that is wrong, and he'd go: "Today in Ethnics I learned my side is right too."

:bigeyes:

I agree. I am not sure if you ever had an ethics class in college, but it is really opening me up a lot. That is why I am not here as much lately. I truly love ethics now.