PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie's Halloween Tie-ins

seviL alucarD
01-11-2007, 10:39 PM
This is my first thread posted. I am just wondering what people would like to see as far as tie-ins go for the new flick. I'm talking about soundtracks (BLACK SABBATH/BLUE OYSTER CULT!)/DVD Special Features/Video Games/ Comic Books/Toys/etc.

So what kind of stuff would you be most interested in, and why. Please go into detail!!!

MyersFan927
01-12-2007, 06:16 AM
I hope the new movie gets a tie-in novel - I love to read the Halloween books. Also, I hope for many special features to go into the dvd. Nothing much comes to mind at the moment on that front.

Dr M Hatter M.D
01-12-2007, 06:23 AM
I hope the new movie gets a tie-in novel - I love to read the Halloween books. Also, I hope for many special features to go into the dvd. Nothing much comes to mind at the moment on that front.

Shouldn't we wait until people have seen the film before we start speculating on what the DVD will feature?

MyersFan927
01-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Yes we should. It was mentioned in seviL alucarD's post and all I said is that I hope there are many features - nothing comes to mind, as also said, because the movie hasn't come out yet.

seviL alucarD
01-12-2007, 11:21 AM
I want a Breakfast Cereal with marshmallow masks/knives/pumpkins/etc. You could even make it so that the milk turns blood red. I'd buy it for my kids if I had some - and if it were miraculously feasible to market such a treat (which it isn't).

You'd buy Halloween cereal, right? It would be indifferent to whichever "storyline" you prefer too!!!

*I guess it is lunchtime, can you tell?

Roswell
01-12-2007, 11:35 AM
I'd like to see a decent looking mass produced Myers mask from the film. That'd be cool to own. A comic book would be interesting as well.

seviL alucarD
01-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Rob Zombie's Halloween Cutlery Set!
"Halloween Candy" - make it like razorblades and glass and nails (all the stuff parents screen thier kids candy for) but they would be sugary sweet and delightful!!! Plus it would be cool to fake people out by throwing what appears to be a razorblade in your mouth only to find out it is chewing gum. (Of course, that idea would NOT BE IDIOT PROOF, and therefore be unfeasible as well).

That stuff isnt really Hallween related per se; but I still think it would be a cool idea anyways.

Something like a large self-defense dummy resembling Mike would be a hoot too; But I'd rather just see a bunch of posters and tee shirts or something though.

Frazetta
01-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Obviously a mask from the movie would be cool to own. And some new Halloween figures, t-shirts & a verycool, extensive dvd.

joemyers
01-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Figures

Shamrock-Robot
01-14-2007, 01:52 AM
LOL, I dont care what kinda tie-ins come with the movie I just hope the movie is good, And as for the DVD Im pretty sure it will be extensive, Because Rob did say a documentary for the making of the film is already in the works, So yeah that will be on the DVD.

leechcode5
01-14-2007, 02:59 AM
We probably are jumping the gun quite a bit, but who cares. Rob did say he was going to do a behind the scenes feature for this one, and if it's anything like the one he did for Devil's Rejects that right there is probably enough to make me happy. Also, I gotta second or third or whatever wanting figures, preferebly by Neca. I got their figures of Michael and Loomis, and the second two-pack with young Michael, and I love them. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing a figure based on Michael from this one.

seviL alucarD
01-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Is there such a thing as a "Halloween" Encyclopedia? If not - or if not an official one - I think that there should be. Especially for how long the series has been around. There is probably a Slasher-pedia somewhere out in the world, I have just never really thought about looking for one.

Iammrtwisted
01-14-2007, 08:21 PM
I want a Breakfast Cereal with marshmallow masks/knives/pumpkins/etc. You could even make it so that the milk turns blood red. I'd buy it for my kids if I had some - and if it were miraculously feasible to market such a treat (which it isn't).

You'd buy Halloween cereal, right? It would be indifferent to whichever "storyline" you prefer too!!!

Now thats something I would buy. Even as just a collectible.

Todd
01-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Obviously a mask from the movie would be cool to own. And some new Halloween figures, t-shirts & a verycool, extensive dvd.
Didn't Rob Z complain about Michael Myers figures and such?

Frazetta
01-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Didn't Rob Z complain about Michael Myers figures and such?
Yeah he did but it'd still be cool to own.

seviL alucarD
01-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Seriously though, no one knows if there is a Halloween Encyclopedia???? Or a guidebook/etc.

Surely there has to be something like that out there?

Oh, and happy bday to me...

JackPumpkinhead
01-20-2007, 07:46 PM
I found this on the NECA website, it says on the left side, NECA makes apparel for the following licenses:

Grindhouse
El Superbeasto
Halloween - 2007

etc.

So I'm sure we can expect t-shirts.

http://www.necaonline.com/category/apparel

leechcode5
01-20-2007, 08:00 PM
I found this on the NECA website, it says on the left side, NECA makes apparel for the following licenses:

Grindhouse
El Superbeasto
Halloween - 2007

etc.

Good eyes, JackPumpkinhead. If NECA's got the license to make t-shirts for the new Halloween, they might be making figures too. Makes sense, they've already done a few Halloween figures, and they did figures for Rob's last two movies.

TommyDoyle2
01-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Okay, I'll sound like a geek but-

I'm still awaiting for a Halloween video game to be proud of. If Nintendo and the PS2 can resurrect Jaws into a game, they can do the same for Michael. A huge game where you wander around Haddonfield being Michael/running away from Michael/or trying to stop Michael. Also, they should try to track down who ever Curtis Richards was and get him to pen the tie-in to Zombies film. The original Halloween novel was a great book, and it'd be cool to see the same author return.

Iammrtwisted
01-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Ah yes, A Halloween RPG. How cool would that be? You could be Laurie, Michael, maybe even Loomis? That would be the bomb!!!!!

JackPumpkinhead
01-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Okay, I'll sound like a geek but-

I'm still awaiting for a Halloween video game to be proud of. If Nintendo and the PS2 can resurrect Jaws into a game, they can do the same for Michael. A huge game where you wander around Haddonfield being Michael/running away from Michael/or trying to stop Michael. Also, they should try to track down who ever Curtis Richards was and get him to pen the tie-in to Zombies film. The original Halloween novel was a great book, and it'd be cool to see the same author return.

The JAWS game definately makes me want to buy a X-Box, Playstation, whatever....

But if it's a HALLOWEEN game, I'd buy a system for that sole purpose. Sad, but true. :nodsmile:

TommyDoyle2
01-21-2007, 03:26 AM
The JAWS game definately makes me want to buy a X-Box, Playstation, whatever....

But if it's a HALLOWEEN game, I'd buy a system for that sole purpose. Sad, but true. :nodsmile:

I bought my PS2 just to play The Thing, and now I'm a bit of a junkie. Jaws (where you play the shark and eat people) kept me awake for weeks on end. If a Halloween game was released, I'd probably go psychotic from lack of sleep. Can't believe it hasn't already been done for the x-box or PS2. It's the perfect concept with an in-built fanbase. Ever seen the Halloween Atari 2600 game? Cheap but cute. I thought there was a Halloween PC game too back in the day, but I'm not sure.

urbanchaos
01-21-2007, 06:55 AM

AhAh:roflmao:

I'll buy this one if they ever do it!

I'd like to have a metal cover edition of the dvd. Ya know, like the last edition of the texas chainsaw massacre.

A novel will be cool also. And of course a mask

Shamrock-Robot
01-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Ive actually heard that there is a Halloween game in development, I heard it was being developed by Rockstar Games and it will be in a similair format to Grand Theft Auto.

Gerry f'n D
01-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Seriously though, no one knows if there is a Halloween Encyclopedia???? Or a guidebook/etc.

I remember about 3 years ago seeing this particular Halloween book up for grabs over on ebay.I lost out in the auction & have never seen it again.

I have this book. Attached are a few scans... it covers all of the movies through H20, and touches on the rest of Carpenter's career with talk on all of his films. German text, 128 pages, tons of photos!

http://www.halloweenmovies.com/tony/hc1.jpg
http://www.halloweenmovies.com/tony/hc2.jpg
http://www.halloweenmovies.com/tony/hc3.jpg
http://www.halloweenmovies.com/tony/hc4.jpg
http://www.halloweenmovies.com/tony/hc5.jpg

cheers

TommyDoyle2
01-21-2007, 10:14 AM
I remember about 3 years ago seeing this particular Halloween book up for grabs over on ebay.I lost out in the auction & have never seen it again. cheers

My God.

I'm learning German tomorrow!

JackPumpkinhead
01-21-2007, 07:23 PM
I bought my PS2 just to play The Thing, and now I'm a bit of a junkie. Jaws (where you play the shark and eat people) kept me awake for weeks on end. If a Halloween game was released, I'd probably go psychotic from lack of sleep. Can't believe it hasn't already been done for the x-box or PS2. It's the perfect concept with an in-built fanbase. Ever seen the Halloween Atari 2600 game? Cheap but cute. I thought there was a Halloween PC game too back in the day, but I'm not sure.

Yeah it seems like I heard about one in development awhile back as was stated.

I never played the Atari game but I've seen pics of the graphics, back then I'm sure it was awesome to ppl.

gerry D, thanks for posting those scans. I've seen that book a few times on eBay but never had seen the inside, cool.

TommyDoyle2
01-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Why the hell isn't that book available in stores worldwide and in every language imaginable? Seriously, the Halloween franchise just doesn't do enough in terms of merchandise! If I were Malek I'd have far more stuff rolling out, more t-shirts, figurine's, computer games, comic books, novels, posters etc. That book looks the BOMB!

Gerry f'n D
01-22-2007, 10:59 PM
I never played the Atari game but I've seen pics of the graphics, back then I'm sure it was awesome to ppl.

You can check out what the game looked like here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usBHzJahsBU

gerry D, thanks for posting those scans. I've seen that book a few times on eBay but never had seen the inside, cool.

Sadly i can't take any credit in posting these pictures orignally.I just copied & paste a post that was over in another thread.

cheers

jay_loomis
01-23-2007, 12:34 AM
My idea would be something like giveaways at theaters for like some kind of halloween collectibles or like 70's halloween stuff something like that and the contest would consist of all the seats have plastic knives or pumpkins with a number on it and the number will show up on the credits and who ever has that number wins i foubt people will wanna do that for one movie but come on its halloween and it would be fun for the holiday as well.

renee30152
01-30-2007, 12:47 PM
I just hope it has interviews and maybe in depth stuff from the orginal. I would LOVE some behind the scenes stuff and maybe an interactive game.
I think it will be a good movie as Rob does want to honor the orginal.

renee30152
01-30-2007, 12:49 PM

Oh, and happy bday to me...

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many happy returns!
Secondly, it would be awesome to have like a guide to the movie. They have them for a lot of other films out there. They have like 5 for Friday the 13th, and some for Nightmare On Elm Street, even for Texas Chainsaw, so why not Halloween? :nodsmile:
It would also be awesome to have a novelization of the movie. I have the one to See No Evil and would LOVE to have a Halloween one!

Patrick1679
02-12-2007, 04:21 AM
A HALLOWEEN encyclopedia or scrap book would be great! But what about a REAL video game! How cool would that be! That would be my favorite. But figures, books, shirts, etc would be great. There's NEVER enough Halloween merchandise. We need more. Can't believe Freddy and Jason have more merchandise than Michael.

leechcode5
02-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Found this article on Bloody Disgusting. Looks like NECA will in fact be doing figures for the new Halloween!

It was announced this weekend at NECA's MySpace page that coming this September/October from NECA is Cult Classics 6, which will feature S-Mart Ash (Army of Darkness), David (Lost Boys) and Michael (Lost Boys)! They also confirm two more Dawn of the Dead figures, a Jigsaw (Saw) Cult Classic Hall of Fame figure, a 12" Stuntman Mike (Grindhouse) figure and lastly an entire line devoted to Paul W.S Anderson's Castlevania. The line will include Simon Belmont, Alucard, Dracula and Succubus. But the biggest news is the announcement that NECA will be making figures for Rob Zombie's Halloween and Superbeasto! Watch for more New York Toy Fair coverage as it comes in.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/8195

Frazetta
02-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Found this article on Bloody Disgusting. Looks like NECA will in fact be doing figures for the new Halloween!

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/8195
That's some kickass news. Not only for Halloween but for Grindhouse.

Laow-Z
02-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Damn it's about friggin time. I have a slew of Jason's but only a few Michael's.

Frazetta
02-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Damn it's about friggin time. I have a slew of Jason's but only a few Michael's.
It's about time you step up in quality then :bastard:

Laow-Z
02-12-2007, 08:33 PM
It's about time you step up in quality then :bastard:

:yar: Blah Blah:) .....Jason's are cool, just so happens there aren't too many Michaels out there

DonaldPismyHero
02-26-2007, 08:01 AM
That's great news! You don't see as many Michaels as Jason's at all. I'll be happy to see what they look like when they come out!

samhain51
02-26-2007, 08:23 AM
I want to read a Halloween preqel novel with all the info that led up to that very night . I want descriptive and juicy . Only what every Halloween fan wants!!!!

renee30152
02-26-2007, 12:52 PM
A HALLOWEEN encyclopedia or scrap book would be great! But what about a REAL video game! How cool would that be! That would be my favorite. But figures, books, shirts, etc would be great. There's NEVER enough Halloween merchandise. We need more. Can't believe Freddy and Jason have more merchandise than Michael.

Or a special movie companion would be AWESOME as well! :D

samhain51
02-26-2007, 04:57 PM
SOunds goood Renee hint hint!!!!!

slasher57
02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
yeah even a coupon for a freen hj from freethy.....ok serious now special featurette sounds cool i will buy the figures but some michael myers lucky charms FOR REAL!?!?! get the fuck ouuta here

DonaldPismyHero
03-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Man! A novel would be awesome. I'm kinda iffy about the whole game thing. I think it might be a little too much, but if they released a bunch of figures, shirts, and cough* maybe a box set *cough I think that'd be awesome. Anyone have any new news on the action figures?

renee30152
03-04-2007, 09:07 AM
SOunds goood Renee hint hint!!!!!

lol I would love to do a hint hint nudge nudge to the person who can make it happen.
Do you know that every other horror series has a companion book except Halloween or even a book on the movies? Nigthmare On Elm Street, Friday The 13th, The Evil Dead, and even Texas Chainsaw Massacre has books dedicated to the movies but not Halloween. It is a shame.

WickedDeath
03-06-2007, 09:48 AM
I'll go with the cool Tshirts and a very extentsive DVD release.

HiddenDragon
03-06-2007, 10:06 AM
I just hope it has interviews and maybe in depth stuff from the orginal. I would LOVE some behind the scenes stuff and maybe an interactive game.
I think it will be a good movie as Rob does want to honor the orginal.

The game would be nice as long as they put the effort into making a good one.

Shape232
03-09-2007, 01:06 AM
I want a good movie but from what I'm reading thats not going to happen.

Taco Pete
03-09-2007, 03:03 AM
I would like to own a book of faux Haddonfield newspaper articles outlining each kill from this movie. (as well as all the other movies) That would be a great addition to any memorabilia collection. Similar to the wall of clippings at the beginning of H2O.

mattnotis
03-09-2007, 05:39 PM

Grindhouse
El Superbeasto
Halloween - 2007

etc.

I had a feeling NECA would be involved in this film in some capacity.

WaveCrest
03-10-2007, 03:52 PM
I hope there's the following:

- A graphic novel with a special limited-edtion item, like the soundtrack available with the Halloween Returns to Haddonfield comic

- a soundtrack/score album with songs used in the film, and the score as well

- a book like Crystal Lake Memories, covering all of the Halloween films to date, including Rob Zombie's Halloween film

- an extras packed DVD with LOADS of extras.

WaveCrest
03-10-2007, 03:54 PM
I would like to own a book of faux Haddonfield newspaper articles outlining each kill from this movie. (as well as all the other movies) That would be a great addition to any memorabilia collection. Similar to the wall of clippings at the beginning of H2O.I never even considered that as a suggestion. Would someone have a record of any newspaper clippings used for research on all of the Halloween films to date, as well as clippings used in the film? I think this is a great idea. Something different from your normal tie-in book.

renee30152
03-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Those are great ideas. I would also like a soundtrack with the music from the movie. :D

InTheDeep2007
03-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Do you think Mr. Zombie will do a song for the movie or what?

What type of music should be on the soundtrack?

Todd
03-20-2007, 05:16 PM
A good official version of the mask from this film would be nice.

renee30152
03-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Do you think Mr. Zombie will do a song for the movie or what?

What type of music should be on the soundtrack?

Well I just bought the soundtrack from the orginal and maybe for the new one, do some of the title score, the main score and maybe some of the other modern music from the movie. :D

Scythe13
04-10-2007, 12:18 AM
I'd like to see a decent looking mass produced Myers mask from the film. That'd be cool to own. A comic book would be interesting as well.

I agree...the Michael Myers masks from the past few years look rediculous. Only a few decent ones out there unless you buy an exact replica from ebay or something, but who wants to pay that much for a decent mask???

Also, the comic book is a great idea...I have some of the origional comics from Halloween and they are great... Especially III!!! New Halloween Comics would be nice!!

Scythe13
04-10-2007, 12:23 AM
The game would be nice as long as they put the effort into making a good one.

Game is a great idea...maybe you can play as Michael????

wyatt s
04-10-2007, 12:26 AM
i don't really want any tie-ins, the thing is they are always a gimmick and are never done with any kind of passion. i don't see why this film would be any different

leechcode5
04-10-2007, 01:13 AM
I honestly can't picture a Halloween video game working. Playing as Michael would take away from him being the bad guy, and playing as anyone else wouldn't be much fun because you'd only have one oponent in the whole game, Michael.

I'm looking forward to the NECA figure though. Wonder if they're gonna put out more figures than just Michael. Either way, I'm gonna try and get my hands on them and put them next to the Halloween figures they've already made.

wyatt s
04-10-2007, 01:31 AM
[QUOTE=leechcode5;489456]I honestly can't picture a Halloween video game working. Playing as Michael would take away from him being the bad guy, and playing as anyone else wouldn't be much fun because you'd only have one oponent in the whole game, Michael.
I'm looking forward to the NECA figure though. Wonder if they're gonna put out more figures than just Michael. Either way, I'm gonna try and get my hands on them and put them next to the Halloween figures they've already made.[QUOTE]

The figure is really all i'm looking forward to, but that's because i am a collector of things like that which i don't really concider a tie-in persay, but a work of art. and as for the video game i can remember the friday the thirteenth game...well lets not bring up tha piece of trype...so yeah i think that be a bad idea

Man In Black
04-10-2007, 01:32 AM
For me, the DVD is what I'm excited about. The indepth Devil's Rejects documentary 30 Days In Hell was brilliant and added to the film enjoyment for me (in the way Full Tilt Boogie did for FDTD). So I can't wait to see this documentary - masks and figures and stuff are cool an all, but the DVD is where its at for me.

leechcode5
04-10-2007, 01:39 AM
The figure is really all i'm looking forward to, but that's because i am a collector of things like that which i don't really concider a tie-in persay, but a work of art

I really can't wait to get that figure. I already have their figure of original Michael (actually, I have two of it, one that came with Loomis and one that came with young Michael) on my shelf next to my Halloween DVDs, along with their figures of New Nightmare Freddy, Part 2 Jason, and Captain Spaulding from Ho1KC. I also have the McFarlane figures of Michael and Freddy (second Movie Maniacs version, the only Movie Maniacs figure that IMO compares to NECA's work) up there with them, but McFarlane's got nothing on NECA. I can't wait to add their figure of new Michael to my shelf.

For me, the DVD is what I'm excited about. The indepth Devil's Rejects documentary 30 Days In Hell was brilliant and added to the film enjoyment for me (in the way Full Tilt Boogie did for FDTD). So I can't wait to see this documentary - masks and figures and stuff are cool an all, but the DVD is where its at for me.

Well, the DVD isn't really a tie-in as it is the final product. :p But I'm in agreement there. When Rob Zombie came out and said the Halloween DVD would include a behind the scenes feature in the same vain as 30 Days of Hell, that pretty much guaranteed that I would buy the DVD whether I liked the movie that much or not. That was one awesome documentary, and I hope this one compares.

wyatt s
04-10-2007, 01:39 AM

i guess i figure a dvd is a given because it is the movie, and i have to say that the 30 days in hell documentary is the best and most indepth making of a film docu. that i have ever seen on any film in any genre

deathwishboy
04-10-2007, 08:20 AM
I hope when the DVD is released they don't go for all this 'UNRATED' or 'UNSEEN' version bollocks. Every slasher flick seems to be getting that treatment these days and it's just become tacky. This film should be set apart from the others as the original was.

Way I see it HALLOWEEN isn't about the gore its about the tone and you can't get 'UNRATED' tone.

Can you?

The Gill-Man
04-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Here's some shots of the unpainted prototype of the NECA produced figure:

http://a95.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/19/l_a744829ef6dbe43b3859db46024e5176.jpg

Blaze
04-12-2007, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=leechcode5;489456]I honestly can't picture a Halloween video game working. Playing as Michael would take away from him being the bad guy, and playing as anyone else wouldn't be much fun because you'd only have one oponent in the whole game, Michael.

I'm looking forward to the NECA figure though. Wonder if they're gonna put out more figures than just Michael. Either way, I'm gonna try and get my hands on them and put them next to the Halloween figures they've already made.[/QUO I've been waiting for a halloween video game since I was 12 years old, I think it would work better than the friday the 13th and nightmare on elm street games from back in the day,you gotta remember those games could have been alot better now than they were then,I dont play video games but I have to say if they came out with a halloween game where you got to play as loomis or bracket i'd be in line to buy a playstation or x box.

renee30152
04-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Thoe fiqures look cool. :D

wyatt s
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
it be nice if NECA would do a loomis and little michael figure. Maybe a laurie figure aswell

Lupinus
04-12-2007, 03:38 PM
a game would be....yeah I am lost for words cause a bunch float to mind of good and bad, the two halves of my brain are going asian goverment meeting inside of my skull.

wyatt s
04-12-2007, 03:44 PM
a game would be....yeah I am lost for words cause a bunch float to mind of good and bad, the two halves of my brain are going asian goverment meeting inside of my skull.

it would definately be bad despite any good possibilities due to one fact, i can almost certainly garuntee that absolutely no passion or care would go into making it.

Khan
04-12-2007, 04:53 PM
What they need to come out with is a brown coloured full sized sh*t mask and a sodimizing baseball bat. :p

Lupinus
04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
hahaha I can see the ebay possibilities if you posted a baseball bat with some brown clay on it

"This is the real one used on set I swear!"

Bogatyri
04-12-2007, 07:50 PM
it would definately be bad despite any good possibilities due to one fact, i can almost certainly garuntee that absolutely no passion or care would go into making it.

This is a "new" Halloween. I think if there was going to be a video game there would have been one after Ressurection. Might as well have, I mean they sent that movie down the Tunnel-O-Shit.

leechcode5
04-12-2007, 07:54 PM
What they need to come out with is a brown coloured full sized sh*t mask

I can just see the advertisements, with Dr. Loomis "Do you suffer from constipation?...." :roflmao:

Scythe13
04-12-2007, 07:55 PM
New series of Halloween Comics would be nice....Also, dont know if it's true or not but I heard that Zombie wasn't going to use the Halloween theme song in this one....That would suck....It definately needs a theme if you ask me!!!

Bogatyri
04-12-2007, 07:58 PM
New series of Halloween Comics would be nice....Also, dont know if it's true or not but I heard that Zombie wasn't going to use the Halloween theme song in this one....That would suck....It definately needs a theme if you ask me!!!

Read around a few pages, he is using the original theme song. The rumor started cause MTV miss printed an interview with Zombie saying that he thought about using another but it just was not right.

Rise2Honor
04-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Since Wildstorm makes comics for Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Friday the 13th, it'd be nice if they or any other company decided to start a Halloween comic series. I'd also love to see a loaded DVD...commentary tracks, documentary, maybe screen tests, bloopers, all the good stuff. As far as the figures go I hope it's more than just a new Michael figure and becomes a series of figures. It would be sweet to have a Loomis, Laurie, etc...who doesn't want a Danielle Harris figure? :)

wyatt s
04-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Since Wildstorm makes comics for Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Friday the 13th, it'd be nice if they or any other company decided to start a Halloween comic series. I'd also love to see a loaded DVD...commentary tracks, documentary, maybe screen tests, bloopers, all the good stuff. As far as the figures go I hope it's more than just a new Michael figure and becomes a series of figures. It would be sweet to have a Loomis, Laurie, etc...who doesn't want a Danielle Harris figure? :)

i zombie's TDR dvd is any indication the dvd will fucking rock. May even be the best released thus far, barring ofcourse the 25th anniversary release

Bogatyri
04-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Heh so I remember us talking about a Halloween video game a few posts ago... Well lookie cookie what I found online. Sorry if it has already been posted but I could not resist posting this.
Site - Click Here (http://matze.chicago051.server4free.de/matze/Halloween.html)
I have not played it yet to give it my official review, but its worth a shot!

UPDATE: OH DEAR LORD!
You start the game off as loomis but you can become Michael... this is worth DL'n for just a good laugh

Khan
04-13-2007, 05:38 AM
hahaha I can see the ebay possibilities if you posted a baseball bat with some brown clay on it

"This is the real one used on set I swear!"

I would do that if my Photoshop was not on the fritz.

I can just see the advertisements, with Dr. Loomis "Do you suffer from constipation?...." :roflmao:

"Myers Brand constapation relief!

One brutal sodomizing and you will be all cleared up!"

Shamrock-Robot
04-13-2007, 06:43 AM
A good DVD with good features will be enough for me.

fangface
04-13-2007, 07:11 AM
I assumed we'd be flooded with merchandise already...what's the norm on that? I keep expecting to see Hot Topic display windows armed to the teeth with Myers stuff.

The Fangoria convention (in Burbank, CA) is just around the corner...when Devil's Rejects was coming out, there was a ton of merchandise being sold there.

It would be nice if some of the cast/crew were there to promote the movie, but it doesn't look like that'll happen. :(

zombie commando
04-13-2007, 10:51 AM
There's bound to be a comic coming out. I'm also buying the new figure like a complete fucking fanboy sucker.

Khan
04-13-2007, 11:18 AM
I also want a figure of Myers pissing on the dead body of the girl and taking a crap wearing the mask. :p

bogey-chaser
04-13-2007, 11:28 AM
I'd like to see a new comic series based on the new continuity.

wyatt s
04-13-2007, 07:28 PM
I assumed we'd be flooded with merchandise already...what's the norm on that? I keep expecting to see Hot Topic display windows armed to the teeth with Myers stuff.

The Fangoria convention (in Burbank, CA) is just around the corner...when Devil's Rejects was coming out, there was a ton of merchandise being sold there.

It would be nice if some of the cast/crew were there to promote the movie, but it doesn't look like that'll happen. :(

well i think i remember zombie talking about how myers had been turned into an icon and made into a sorta easterbunnyesque character and he wanted to do away with all that, so i assume he doesn't want a whole lot of merchandise.

Khan
04-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I doubt he would have any say over merchandising, as he is just the writer and director.

wyatt s
04-13-2007, 07:45 PM
I doubt he would have any say over merchandising, as he is just the writer and director.

i'm sure you're right, but i'm willing to bet the studio backed him on it because boxoffice potential, especially for a studio that's been failing lately, outways merchandising...atleast for a while anyway

Khan
04-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Take it from a business grad and current office jockey, they have a whole department to deal with this stuff, as it has nothing to do with the making of the movie.

These people smell money from a mile away, and would love to go on a merchandising spree.

wyatt s
04-13-2007, 08:12 PM
i'm positive that they would like to merchadise the hell out of this thing, but i think the smart and safe i dea is to hold off and let anticipation grow then let everything sort of spring out in a flow.

Khan
04-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Let's hope they are sensible about it and don't start releasing scratch and sniff sh*t masks or a playset of Myers taking a dump in the mask.

wyatt s
04-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Let's hope they are sensible about it and don't start releasing scratch and sniff sh*t masks.

well, i can't see them passing up the oppurtunity of a life time!!!

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 07:12 AM
I hope it becomes a Saturday morning kiddy cartoon.

devils-eyes
05-19-2007, 02:34 PM
i dont no if anyones put this (am too tired to read thru) but a comic of the film would be good, i remem,ber when i was younger and really excited about BATMAN FOREVER coming out and about the same time it came out i saw a comic version of it in a shop and bought it, really good by the way (wonder if i still have it?) anyway a halloween one would be good.

The Kilted One
05-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Let's hope they are sensible about it and don't start releasing scratch and sniff sh*t masks or a playset of Myers taking a dump in the mask.

Now we're talkin' :laughup:

zombie commando
05-21-2007, 04:15 AM
I want Michael Myers pajamas with little footies.

Khan
05-21-2007, 07:19 AM
How about a talking adult Myers doll that says "Boo?"

scorpio95628
05-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Well, first and foremost, I think it's time that Dimension Films put out a truly kick ass Special Edition DVD for one of the Halloween films. So, I guess I'll hope for that to happen with Zombie's Halloween.

And the only other thing I'd really like is a Halloween Retrospective hardcover book like Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History Of Friday The 13th. That book is so awesome and I know A Halloween one would be even better.

Khan
05-23-2007, 04:45 AM
A Halloween book would be great!

Sure, there is the DVD, but a book with a few hundred interviews on the movies would be a perfect companion piece.

samhain51
05-23-2007, 05:58 AM
How about a talking adult Myers doll that says "Boo?"

Now this would be very funny!

Iammrtwisted
05-28-2007, 03:37 PM
I want Michael Myers pajamas with little footies.

I know that is meant as a joke, but I would wear them............:bigeyes:

ghettomyers
05-28-2007, 04:34 PM
i jus want some myers draws, with the knife in da front.

Khan
05-28-2007, 05:23 PM
There should be Halloween lingerie for the ladies.

wyatt s
05-28-2007, 05:27 PM
There should be Halloween lingerie for the ladies.

Just trying to imagine that, made my whole day and my day had been going awesomely already so thank you.

I've always wanted Myers Themed cuttlery and you'd assume that wouldn't be too hard to produce. Yet I don't think I've ever seen it.

Khan
05-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Glad I could help.

A set of Myers Knives or Myers brand scalpels would be nice.

wyatt s
05-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Glad I could help.

A set of Myers Knives or Myers brand scalpels would be nice.

Maybe even a hammer as well.

Khan
05-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Or even a baseball bat.

Imagine the reaction from parent groups when they are pretending to stab each other with Myers brand toy knives!:roflmao:

wyatt s
05-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Or even a baseball bat.

Imagine the reaction from parent groups when they are pretending to stab each other with Myers brand toy knives!:roflmao:

hahaha:roflmao:

Now that's a story I'd love to watch on Fox news, only because their slant on that story would be an absolute joy to watch

mmyers666
06-05-2007, 05:27 PM
please i want a book with extra stuff in it

RevengeOfLaurie
06-15-2007, 08:02 PM

Haha, hell yeah i'd buy that cereal!

RevengeOfLaurie
06-15-2007, 08:04 PM
I know that is meant as a joke, but I would wear them............:bigeyes:

Me too! lol. I'm not in to the footie part though, just a tank and pj pants are fine with me. :]

RevengeOfLaurie
06-15-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm a big earring freak so i'd have to say that I hope Hot Topic will have little Myer's masks on the end of earrings; or something. Heh.

Khan
06-15-2007, 08:13 PM
please i want a book with extra stuff in it

There needs to be a book for Halloween just like was done for the Friday series.

horrorfreak123
06-17-2007, 08:17 PM
I will buy anything they dish out, and with the anticipation I'm sure there will be plenty for us!

samhain51
06-18-2007, 07:27 AM
Im going back to school and some Michael Myers Pads of Paper would be Nice to have!

TommyDoyle2
06-18-2007, 07:39 AM
There needs to be a book for Halloween just like was done for the Friday series.

It always pissed me off that Jason fans get a whole SERIES of books, but we Halloween fans are treated like chumps, having to spend $70+ for some ratty novels on ebay. I hope Malek can employ some writers (namely me) to write a damn series of Myers books. Comics too for that matter.

The Kilted One
06-18-2007, 10:20 AM
A line of Myers hospital gowns? It could work...

slasher
06-26-2007, 11:07 AM
It always pissed me off that Jason fans get a whole SERIES of books, but we Halloween fans are treated like chumps, having to spend $70+ for some ratty novels on ebay. I hope Malek can employ some writers (namely me) to write a damn series of Myers books. Comics too for that matter.

Tommy I agree with you 100% buddy! For too damn long us Halloween fans have had to sit back and see the Friday fans get a whole series of books and we get nothing. Its about time for us Halloween fans to get the same and maybe Robs Halloween will start delivering it. Lets hope anyway.

:spooky:

Towelman
07-18-2007, 05:34 AM
I hope it becomes a Saturday morning kiddy cartoon.

With Michael as a good guy, protecting Haddonfield from street gangs, bank robbers, aliens and evil wizards.

samhain51
07-18-2007, 05:50 AM
I want a Halloween License Plate.

Towelman
07-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Halloween Monopoly.

"Go to Smith's Grove for 15 years."

Bogatyri
07-18-2007, 10:30 PM

I like this idea about a novel. I have seen a photo online that is suppose to be Dr. Loomis's book on Michael, called The Devils Eyes. I think that it would be something cool and different to publish a fictional book about the myers case. They could go into more detail about Mikey as a kid that we don't get in many of the other projects that are out there. Just an idea.

Todd
07-19-2007, 05:27 PM
I preordered the necca statue and 18 inch figure.
It says they won't be shipped until Semptember, though.
It's odd that a tie in won't be available until after the movies release date.

Shamrock-Robot
07-19-2007, 05:39 PM
I just want a good DVD release.

Myers Insurance
07-20-2007, 06:50 AM
I just want a DVD with good features, and all of the deleted scenes (not another Resurrection/H20/Part 6 fiasco). Rob said a while ago that he'd try to put as much on the DVD as he could.

Todd
07-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Nobody here is getting the statue or figure?
They both looked to cool to pass up.
Also, is there any world on a mass market version of the Myers mask used in Zombies film? I know there are independant mask makers you can already get them from, but I'm not plunking down $300-500 for one.

Shamrock-Robot
07-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Its hard to think that last summer I came on this board everyday waiting to find out who would be directing the next Halloween and now its only another month away from hitting theaters, Geez.

Resurrection
08-04-2007, 01:19 PM
just found the poster on sale for uk fans at moviemarket.co.uk its single sided, does that make difference anyone??

Slapshot
08-04-2007, 01:44 PM
I picked up the poster a couple days ago and now have it framed in my room. I'll have a pic of it soon and you can bet your asses I'll be putting it in my dorm room later this month!